It's Complete! Veronica Lived!
Even better, she joined me for the assault on Hoover Dam, after i already had Raul with me, whom i got after i had assumed Veronica died. So it was like the epic super group, with ED-E along, truly an epic rampage, although i talked the legate into giving up, and the General of the NCR walked away like a b@$+*, still Mr. House got what he wanted and i evidently get to live the swank life by being Mr. House's Jiminy Cricket, not too bad for someone left in a grave to die.
Caesar's camp was an awesome time, I went in hot with ED-E and Veronica, had Christine's Rifle equipped, popped some steady, while wearing Ulysses duster and doctor Mobius's glasses (to look smarter) and just started drilling headshots.
When I got to his tent, I burst right in, hit vats as soon as possible, decapitated him with a head shot, his body slumping in his throne, while his bodyguards, stunned, ran forward, only to meet an angry Veronica, and her super heated death punch.
Christine's Rifle is hands down my favorite gun, I was sneaking thru Caesar's camp and there's this guy standing guard, with another guy right next to him doing pushups.
So I shoot guy standing guard in the head, he explodes in a shower of gore all over dude doing pushups... who keeps doing pushups.. until I was able to reload, after that I wasn't sure which pieces of gore were whom.
I'm around 35th level, loot isn't as much a factor anymore.
Think I'll make taking Caesar out my next objective.
Funny thing is, the NCR hated me so much beforehand, even after nuking Caesar, I'm pretty sure they're still sending hit squads after me (sneering punk is my status). And now Caesar most likely will as well.
I wonder if I can catch them in a crossfire...
I killed Caesar, but not until I had my most memorable rampage in a while.
A good long run off the Boxwood Hotel, that amazingly enough, saw me go toe to toe with Rawr... and live!
Basically, I'm sneaking in, explode the warhead above, equip my flare gun, and let loose. So far, so good... wait a minute, my foot got stuck after equipping Annabelle... wait how did his flare go out so quickly, no prob, I'll just equip again... holy f~~~ing s%$&, he's right on top of me, how did he move so fast!... argh! This isn't my flare gun, this is That Gun! Why do they look so similar!... gotta keep popping Psycho, keep popping Psycho... why won't he run away now, I let him on fire, with my flare gun... oh, now his foot is stuck... there's Annabelle, too close now.. F@~# it, it's a good day to die!....
*bangs head against side of broken dreams, and a building, at one time, before I came (evidently)*
So g$++%@n f&~!ing long! And now I lost ED-E, so I gotta stash some s#~* in a crate, while I get jacked on Buffout and whiskey to head back to the wastelands to stash my storm trooper duster armor.
I think it's time Esther came on to the scene.
The thing is, the NCR is right not to like me, the only thing I haven't done is nuke them (yet) I also could've went all doomsday device on them (always next time) but then the only reason the legion goons aren't hunting me is I'm still carrying his stupid mark, but even they aren't long for this world, and of course now we went all turncoat on the Brotherhood.
Pretty much the only people that like us are the Boomers, and Novak, also Primm and Goodsprings.
But none of that matters, cause I'll either back Mister House or take over myself.
Haven't decided yet, nor will I soon, I have DLC and other stuff to do first, so much other stuff (just nothing in casinos, for a while at least.
A word of caution when finally unlocking the door in the armory of vault 34, I don't recommend opening it then firing your grenade machine gun blind inside the room, sure the 5-10 (hazy blur!) grenades will pulverize everyone inside, but it makes finding all the guns and ammo a tedious (and radiation filled) affair.
Bring lots of Radaway and Rad-X, lots!
In fairness to myself, that tactic worked brilliantly in the cafeteria and entry way.
Went in with 97 25mm grenades, by the time I made it to the armory, I was down to 57.
Only took 5 tries total to escape, once I got caught up on something and ran out of time, once I used a super Stimpak, and thrice I fell from poorly timed jumps (have I mentioned how much I hate jumping games!!!!).
A few highlights of my end run
1. Dumped my Reinforced Sierra Madre armor in favor of gold, sweet,sweet gold. I then forgot to equip stealth armor, which prevented me from sneaking out. I then proceeded thru the entire battle, which consisted of me shooting Elijah 4 times in the back of the head before he could turn around. See b+*%@! It's not so fun to have your head explode is it! Where's your previous save now m@~@%$$!@~%!!!. Anyway, I made the whole run in my underwear.
2. Sucked my whole life at games requiring timed jumps, would've made it my first run, if only I didn't have to jump so much.
3. Liquor doesn't stack, buffout rules, bring lots of buffout.
4. Thank god I have a great innate sense of direction, otherwise I would've been f*@&ed, as it is I could hear the head explosion was imminent as I missed then hit the elevator button, Tiny T-Rex even exclaimed "that was epic!" afterwards.
5. The first thing I did when I got back was shoot the radio in the bunker, I'm not going back.
But I'm still nuking someone.
Things not to do when you get to the main vault in Dead Money
1. Read the holotape telling Vera not to read the trap for Deen, then reading the trap for Deen.
2. Drop any alcohol whatsoever, turns out they stack with each other, diversify yo!
3. Accidentally take a super Stimpak right before giving Elijah his head shot.
4. Make a wrong turn/get hung up on a girder.
5. Almost make it your first try, with increasingly diminishing returns with every try afterwards.
F*#$ you Dead Money!