Runelord_GM Rise of the Runelords PF2E

Game Master AoW_GM


51 to 85 of 85 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Female Neutral Human Barbarian 1| HP 22/22| AC: 18| Fort: +7; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1| ◆ ↺ ◇

Seeing Selina rush toward the goblins, Khala does likewise, veering a little closer to get a direct throw with her harpoon…she unleashes the fell spike toward the closest…but the harpoon flies well wide…

[Throwing at the goblin directly north of Khala’s position, the one who looks like he’s juggling fire…]

◆ Stride ◆ Stride ◆ Strike

Shingg!!!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Gttt!!!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 [Piercing]

Runelord - the gobbos are all blue outlines - any chance you can make them different to allow for ease of identification of which one we attack?


Reference Image Male CG Tengu Thaumaturge 1| AC: 17(shield+2) | Fort: +6; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +0 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1 | ◆ ↺ ◇

After the initial assailants fall, Riuzi stands silent, in shock, as the others who stood up to fight back discuss the senseless attack.

When Riuzi sees that the battle isn't over, he finally pulls himself together and hustles behind Khala and Selina toward the next wave of attackers. As he does–mindful of the trickle of blood on his left leg–he takes a moment to ready his shield.

◆ Stride ◆ Stride ◆ Ready Shield
AC 19
HP 14/15


Female CG Halfling Witch 1 | HP 13/13| AC: 15| Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Init: +0 | Per +4 | Spd 25 ft. |

Honey curses under her breath, running off after the others. She repeats one of her earlier spells, once again giving Khala aid on her next strike.

◆ Stride ◆ Stride ◆ Guidance on Khala.


HP 9 /15| AC: 15 (16)| Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +7 | Init: +0 | Per +7 | Spd 25 ft. | Spells DC17

"Sonofab..." Caught slightly off guard, Valthrik bolts after the others, seeing the obvious danger. As he runs, he draws his dagger, and scans the area for any obvious source of water near the church. Almost all his spells take two actions and he's out of range...

◆ Stride ◆ Stride ◆ Draw Dagger


Slides

Khala, the enemies are color coded by their borders: Red and Orange are the goblin pyros, while the blue one is the goblin warchanter.

Round 1: Goblins

Seeing Khala's harpoon land near them, the goblins notice the approaching war band of party members racing toward them! These goblins look tougher than the initial wave that you disposed of rather quickly.

Goblin Warchanter:
As his first action, the goblin sings, trying to impose a magical effect on Tiuzi and Khala.

Performance check vs. both character's Wil DCs: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Regular success only, both Riuzi and Khala have -1 status penalty to Perception checks and Will saves for 1 round.

For his 2nd and 3rd actions, the warchanter casts Bless on himself and his 2 allies, granting +1 status bonus to attack rolls.

Goblin Pyros: Red
The red pyro goblin strides, yelling "Burn, burn, longshanks!" and casts Burning Hands catching Riuzi, Valthrik, and Khala in the cone of fire!
DC 16 Reflex save or take 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 fire damage. Success means 1/2 damage. If you roll a DC 26 DC then you take no damage.

Goblin Pyros: Orange
The orange goblin strides and casts a spell, producing a small ball of fire in the palm of his hand and he then launches it at Khala! "Burn female giant, burn!" The nimble barbarian dodges the ball of fire. The orange goblin curses, "How I miss?!"

Ranged attack roll: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15...miss!

Party is up. Do not forget Reflex rolls.


Female Neutral Human Barbarian 1| HP 22/22| AC: 18| Fort: +7; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1| ◆ ↺ ◇

Reflex, DC 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Khala is unable to dodge the gout of flame and roars as her hair burns and skin blisters. Leaving the harpoon cord where it lies, she steps to the goblin who then threw more fire at her and with a feral snarl makes two sweeps with her giantsword…

◆ Step ◆ Strike ◆ Strike [Attacking Orange]

Vhoo!!!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Mshhh!!!: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 [Slashing]

Foong!!!: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 5 = 17
Shktt!!!: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 [Slashing]


Reference Image Male CG Tengu Thaumaturge 1| AC: 17(shield+2) | Fort: +6; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +0 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1 | ◆ ↺ ◇

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Riuzi ducks left with an alarmed Squawk!, and manages to avoid the worst of the flames.

He thinks for a moment, What does this goblin remind me of? Oh! He flips The Avalanche into the air, and says, "Welp, I guess that means it sucks to be you!"

And with that he lashes out with his sharp beak, aiming for the goblin's throat, before raising his shield.

◆ Esoteric Lore (Exploit Weakness): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

◆ Attack (beak): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage (+deadly d8): 1d6 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (5) = 14 I think that's 18 (or 22 from personal antithesis, if he's L1 or lower) +5 from deadly = 23 or 27

◆ Raise Shield: AC 19
HP 11/15


Female Neutral Human Barbarian 1| HP 22/22| AC: 18| Fort: +7; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1| ◆ ↺ ◇

@Riuizi - I’m a little confused. First, it’s a critical on a natural 20, so everything is doubled. Then I’d need a better breakdown of what you are adding. Beak is 6, deadly is 5. What is the +3 from? Then, to my understanding, Personal antithesis creates Weakness 3 to your strike. I don’t *think* you can add Implement’s Empowerment (+2 to damage) to a Beak attack as it specifies the weapon you are “holding”… So if the +3 is from Strength or Dex then you would have 6+5+3 = 14 x 2 = 28 damage, with the goblin having weakness 3 to the attack. Pretty sure he’s bird food…


Female CG Halfling Witch 1 | HP 13/13| AC: 15| Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Init: +0 | Per +4 | Spd 25 ft. |

Honey steps up, watching the others in their attacks - she notes Khala's injury, but it doesn't quite seem like she's slowing down yet, so she puts that thought to the back of her mind, for now. Instead, she moves up just behind her, and focuses her attention on the Warchanter, spinning magic between her fingers to form a stuttering, erratic bolt that she fires off in their direction.

◆ Stride
◆◆ Phase Bolt: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 163d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 3) = 9


Slides

Khava's 2 swings bring down one of the pyro goblins in a bloody mess.
Riuzi's critical kills the other pyro, beheading him, leaving only the warchanter.
Honey's phase bolt barely misses the warchanter.
Selina and Valthrik are up.


HP 9 /15| AC: 15 (16)| Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +7 | Init: +0 | Per +7 | Spd 25 ft. | Spells DC17

Reflex Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
DC16, so he fails and takes the full 6 hp of damage!

Stumbling forward, Val moves to evade the Warchanter's spell just a little too late, and he is momentarily engulfed in the fiery cone! The mage grits his teeth in pain and raises an arm to protect his face.

"I have had just about enough of your nonsense!" Valthrik calls out as he pats at his robes, trying to extinguish any stray flame. He storms forward, stepping around the melee and downed figures of the goblin pyros.

There, he takes a stance and summoning his inner mana, the magic-user again chants, "Electrica arcus!" and a bolt of magical lighting leaps out across the square at the warchanter!

◆ Stride ◆ ◆ Cast Electric Arc

The Warchanter gets a Save vs Reflex, DC17
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Female CG Human Rogue 1| HP 18/18| AC: 18| Fort: +5; Ref: +9; Will: +6 | Init: +0 | Per +6 | Stealth +7 |Intimidate +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1| ◆ ↺ ◇

Apologies for delay.

Selina races up to the goblin bard and takes a swipe at him.

◆ Stride ◆ Strike ◆ Strike

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Slides

Goblin Reflex save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14..fails.
The goblin bard is electrocuted by Valthrik's spell and is sliced by Selina's blade. He is barely alive. He moves back, hoping Selina cannot attack, which she cannot, and he casts Soothe on himself, regaining 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 hps. He is down 1 hp.

Party is up.


Female Neutral Human Barbarian 1| HP 22/22| AC: 18| Fort: +7; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1| ◆ ↺ ◇

Still smelling the acrid stench of burnt hair in her nostrils, Khala doesn’t need much reminding of how angry she is…she rushes at the warchanter and tries to cut him in three…

◆ Stride ◆ Strike ◆ Strike [Attacking Orange]

Shaai!!!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Skshhh!!!: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 [Slashing]

Stiii!!!: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 5 = 13
Katsh!!!: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 [Slashing]

Away from computer, hope someone can move me to closest adjacent space to warchanter…I think one space diagonal NE, then four spaces N?


Slides

I moved you, Khala. You removed all of his healing with one blow!


Reference Image Male CG Tengu Thaumaturge 1| AC: 17(shield+2) | Fort: +6; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +0 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1 | ◆ ↺ ◇

Riuzi gasps in shock as he manages to decapitate a goblin with a stab of his saw-toothed beak.

Did that just really happen?

He finds himself wanting to stare at the fallen corpse in fascinated horror, but decides to pursue the caster. He jogs up beside Khala and strikes out again with his beak...but hesitates and the blow falls short of the nimble goblin.

beak: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Female CG Halfling Witch 1 | HP 13/13| AC: 15| Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Init: +0 | Per +4 | Spd 25 ft. |

Honey follows the others as they back the Warchanter into a corner, almost flinching in sympathy to Valthrik's burns. Another wound to tend to when things calm down, but for now, she spins another bolt between her hands and taking careful aim.

◆ Stride
◆◆Phase Bolt: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 253d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) = 10


HP 9 /15| AC: 15 (16)| Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +7 | Init: +0 | Per +7 | Spd 25 ft. | Spells DC17

Singed by the warcaster's spell, his face darkened equally by soot and by his rage, Valthrink limps forward with gritted teeth as he sees the goblin bard heal himself.

In the goblin tongue, he calls out, "Were you a worthy adversary, I would suggest to the others that we capture you for questioning...but your pathetic and vile attacks here today show you are unworthy of any sort of mercy..."

With that, the mage barks out a cantrip incantation, "Proiectum Telekineticum!" and motions for a chuck of debris on the ground left behind from the continued battle suddenly launches itself through the air at the Warchanter.

Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

◆ Stride
◆◆ Telekinetic Projectile


Female Neutral Human Barbarian 1| HP 22/22| AC: 18| Fort: +7; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1| ◆ ↺ ◇

Nice work Honey/Val/Team Squishy!


HP 9 /15| AC: 15 (16)| Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +7 | Init: +0 | Per +7 | Spd 25 ft. | Spells DC17

This group definitely has the ability to be quite dangerous, methinks!


Slides

The goblin warchanter collapses dead to the ground under the team's assault. As you look around, the wounded guards and soldiers seem to be tending to the wounded villagers. As you have a few seconds to yourselves, you realize you may wish to tend to your own wounds. A few seconds later, you hear screams from the further north in the village, as it seems that the church plaza was not the only target of the goblin attack on Sandpoint.

Game terms: You have 2 rounds to heal yourselves/do other things before the next event. Let me know what you do before you investigate the screams.


Female Neutral Human Barbarian 1| HP 22/22| AC: 18| Fort: +7; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1| ◆ ↺ ◇

Khala picks up her harpoon and stows it, then tries to patch up her burns, muttering that there is little to be done for the moment regarding singed hair...

"Ach. Ouch! Is anyone possessed of healing equipment? I know how to use it, but am short of the necessary coine to purchase..." Khala's diction reverts to overly formal Shoanti as she hisses in a little bit of pain.

She then bends down and begins to loot the corpses.

Probably two actions to pick up and stow weapon? After that...looting corpses...


Female CG Human Rogue 1| HP 18/18| AC: 18| Fort: +5; Ref: +9; Will: +6 | Init: +0 | Per +6 | Stealth +7 |Intimidate +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1| ◆ ↺ ◇

I got no healing for you sista. Selina smiles when the goblin bard dies. Seeding the situation is well in hand with the villagers, but for the wounded and dead, she will help Khala to loot the 3 goblin bodies.


Reference Image Male CG Tengu Thaumaturge 1| AC: 17(shield+2) | Fort: +6; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +0 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1 | ◆ ↺ ◇

"Phew!" Riuzi sighs. "I'm impressed that we were able to do that...but I rather hope not to make a habit of it either. Killing someone–even someone who attacked our town–is...is..." the brightly-clad tengu shudders, unable to complete the thought.

He looks at the singed feathers on his left arm (and the singed tassles on his blouse) and shakes his head, but when he hears what sound like further sounds of trouble, he squawks, "MORE?!? Alright, who's up for another round?"

Ready to head North toward the sound of trouble


Female CG Halfling Witch 1 | HP 13/13| AC: 15| Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Init: +0 | Per +4 | Spd 25 ft. |

"That was a nasty hit you three took, let me take a look-" Honey looks between Riuzi, Khala, and Valthrik, but her motion towards her bag is interrupted by the sound of more chaos to the north.

"I've got a bit of healing magic in me, but it's only just a bit. After that, I'm through, and any other patchin' up will just have to wait 'til the fighting's done."

In other words: I have 1 cast of Soothe prepared, and unless someone would really like it now, I'm inclined to hold off and use it in or after the next encounter, depending on how that goes. That said, I can be overly cautious with my resources and am very open to being told to just spend the spell slots.


Female Neutral Human Barbarian 1| HP 22/22| AC: 18| Fort: +7; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1| ◆ ↺ ◇

Without missing a beat while rummaging through dead goblin Khala grunts.

”Heal Valthrik. Another hit will drop him.” The white haired warrior looks up momentarily. ”Let’s do it now. No way to heal him if you drop.

Though less likely to be in the front line than Khala, Valthrik is pretty low compared to her…


Female CG Human Rogue 1| HP 18/18| AC: 18| Fort: +5; Ref: +9; Will: +6 | Init: +0 | Per +6 | Stealth +7 |Intimidate +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1| ◆ ↺ ◇

Soothe has a maximum of 5-14 hps. Val is down only 6. I would say to save it until someone is wounded more. My 2 cents.

After looting, Selina stands up quickly when she hears further commotion. "Let's go!" She leads the way as she is full health.


Female Neutral Human Barbarian 1| HP 22/22| AC: 18| Fort: +7; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1| ◆ ↺ ◇

Fair enough, save it then Honey. Just checked, no one else apart from me has Battle Medicine (and I don’t even have a healer’s kit), so if someone goes down (apart from Honey!) then Honey can hopefully bring ‘em back up.


Female CG Halfling Witch 1 | HP 13/13| AC: 15| Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Init: +0 | Per +4 | Spd 25 ft. |

"If you can make some use of it in a rush, lass, best you hold on to this for now." Honey reaches into her bag, pulling out her healer's kit to pass off to Khala.

Sorry, totally missed that Battle Medicine was a thing. Hopefully there's still enough time in the little bit we had for you to get use out of it


Female Neutral Human Barbarian 1| HP 22/22| AC: 18| Fort: +7; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1| ◆ ↺ ◇

Khala nods, and pauses her looting to quickly patch up her burns.

Battle Medicine, DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Heals!!!: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

"Much better! Thanking you kindly Honey...Now...let us defeat more goblin raiders..."

Runelord - did the goblins have anything on them?


Slides

Khala and Selina, you find in total 3 vials of Lesser Alchemists Fire on the goblin corpses.

As you follow the sounds of battle and screams, you catch the sight of corpses of villagers and goblins alike throughout Sandpoint. You see wounded soldiers also on the ground being tended to, while villagers cower in buildings. You bravely stride through the town until you reach the scene of battle.

Just east of the White Deer, near Sandpoint’s north gate, a goblin commando mounted on a goblin dog has bravely attacked a human noble and his hunting dog. The man cowers behind a rain barrel where he calls for help, while his dog fights against the commando. As you arrive on the scene, you’re just in time to see the goblin commando kill the dog with his horsechopper. The dog crashes dying to the ground as the commando’s three goblin kin (who were themselves cowering nearby as the dog was handled) throw up a cheer and emerge from hiding.

The dark-haired noble sees your band approaching and calls out, "Please help me!"

Initiative:
Goblin commando: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Goblins: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Honey: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Khala: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Riuzi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Selina: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Valthrik: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Order: Khala, Selina, Goblin Commando, Valthrik, Riuzi, Goblins, Honey.


Female Neutral Human Barbarian 1| HP 22/22| AC: 18| Fort: +7; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1| ◆ ↺ ◇

Going to assume that Khala is holding her weapon this time!

Khala sprints off directly toward the mounted goblin and hurls her harpoon at the creature being ridden...

Haii!!!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Yaa!!!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female CG Human Rogue 1| HP 18/18| AC: 18| Fort: +5; Ref: +9; Will: +6 | Init: +0 | Per +6 | Stealth +7 |Intimidate +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1| ◆ ↺ ◇

Selina will stride twice and slash at the rider as well with her dueling sword.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Slides

Khala's harpoon and Selina's sword strike hit the commando, inflicting 16 damage. However, the goblin is a tough little soldier, and he still lives.

Round 1: Goblin Commando and Goblin dog

The severely wounded commando, barely conscious, pulls on the reins of his goblin dog and the pair sprint out of sight behind the nearby building to the east. As he is sprinting away on his mount, the goblin yells out to the goblin warriors, "Kill them!"

Valthrik and Riuzi are up.


Reference Image Male CG Tengu Thaumaturge 1| AC: 17(shield+2) | Fort: +6; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Init: +0 | Per +5 | Spd 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1 | ◆ ↺ ◇

With a Squawk! of alarm, Riuzi hustles after Selina and Khala, shield in hand.

Stride, Stride, Raise Shield

1 to 50 of 85 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rise of the Runelords AP - PF2e version All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.