Pathfinder 1st edition, 3-07 for Outpost VI (Inactive)

Game Master DoubleGold

Rpg Chronicles
Google Docs


1 to 50 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

DungeonMaster

Dot in.


DungeonMaster

Drandle Dreng’s entrance is as understated as always at the meeting with him this morning. He carries stacks of papers and tomes, and shedding stray pages as he makes his way toward a large, cushioned chair; once seated, he greets you warmly.“Welcome, welcome, glad to see you’ve made yourself at home. No point in beating around the bush, since I’m sure you’re all very curious why I called you here today, hm?“As you may or may not know, the Society has been bolstering its influence with the esteemed Blakros family for some time now, and have assisted them and their famous museum with various incidents over the past few years—discovering several new levels of catacombs in the process.“Just recently, the Blakros Museum’s curator, Nigel Aldain, informed us that he’d discovered a mysterious portal within the building’s vast catacombs, and sought information regarding how to open it. We sent one of our agents, a man by the name of Anumet Akrostera, to help research the matter further, which involved delving into the various attics and crawlspaces of the Blakros Museum in search of clues that might lead to the whereabouts of the portal’s key.“Earlier today, Nigel showed up here, claiming that something was wrong with Anumet. It seems that the Pathfinder set off some sort of curse or trap while poking around in the place’s attics and was acting strangely, and now he can’t be found at all. I need you to head to Blakros Museum and get to the bottom of this. Find Anumet, and if he has gotten himself into irreparable trouble, you’ll also need to take up where he left off and find that key.”

Any questions
Also, knowledge local, knowledge history and diplomacy can gain more info

Grand Lodge

Female Lashunta Sorcerer(Starsoul) - 5 | hp: 22/22 | AC:14(18wMA) | F:1, R:3, W:4 | S/d: 1:0/7 2:2/5 | BAB:2, MAB:1, RAB:4 | I:2 P:6 | TSRR:F | HW:38c | DA |124312-28

Triix nods. She is a star sorceress dressed somewhat like a stage magician along with a pointy hat that hides her antennae.

Sounds like fun sir she replies. I have always found the museum to be an interesting place. Lots of fascinating stuff to study. I take it he has no idea where this portal goes?

k history: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

I wonder if there's a clue there that can help me go home

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Shoanti) AC 17/FF15/T12, +4/+4/11 (+1 Will vs Enchantment) 48/48 BAB +3 Shaman (Speaker of the past) 5, Perception+9, Init+2

Altavan Kegdrainer, a Shoanti Shaman of the Skoan-Quan pondered a moment as he tried to remember what he knew about the Blakros family and museum.

K:Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
K:History: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 20

The Exchange

HP 48/48 NL 10 | Burn 2/6 | AC 23 t17 f18 CMD 17 | DR 3/adamantine | F+9, R+11, W+3 | Init +5, Perc +9 | Halfling Geokineticist 5 |

The halfling Teke listens to the briefing, absently fidgeting with small stones and pebbles in his hand, created out of thin air and dematerializing just as quickly.

"More trouble at that museum, eh?" Teke doesn't have any of the knowledge skills, but will try to gather more information about it.

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

The tall Shoanti man enters the room, listening for the report, Back to the Museum, they once again have troubled a spirit they should not have. It falls again to Pathfinders to correct the problem. he shakes his head in the negative, crossing to Altavan and greeting the fellow Shoanti Pathfinder, Be welcome, my cousin! I am Kalak Sunrunner Outrider of the Sklar Quah, great honor to you. bowing deeply, I am glad we have a spirit shaman with us, this museum has vexed me in the past with its meddling in artifacts which should have been left in the first place. the large man pats his massive earthbreaker with purpose at the last, sharing his sentiment.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Shoanti) AC 17/FF15/T12, +4/+4/11 (+1 Will vs Enchantment) 48/48 BAB +3 Shaman (Speaker of the past) 5, Perception+9, Init+2

"Greetings Kalak Sunrunner, Outrider of the Sklar Quah, you honor me. I am Altavan Kegdrainer, I bring voice to the dead. Be welcome, my cousin, until our skulls are gathered. he said.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak completes the ritual greeting of the Shoanti with Altavan, Until our skulls are gathered. while the words impart solemn finality, he is smiling as he says the words. Turning back to the party, he asks What else do we know about this place? I have been to the Museum before, but there are words here which impart meaning that I do not understand.


DungeonMaster

where the portal goes? Sorry, I've given as much details about the portal as I could. He then turns to Kalak Nothing more, but...you've been to the Museum before? When was this? Who else has been there? Feel free to answer the question by stating/describing the scenario in which your character was there. Of course insert scenario name/number in ooc text.

Knowledge History
10+ In the early days of Absalom, the Blakros Museum was the stronghold of an eccentric wizard. After being abandoned for centuries, it was bought by the Blakros family, who turned it into a museum for their vast collection of curios.
15+ The mad astrologer Ralzeros the Overwatched built what is now the Blakros Museum thousands of years ago as an observatory to study distant worlds (and some say, to be studied by them). He later disappeared following a mage-duel with another of Absalom’s early wizards.

Knowledge Local/Diplomacy
10+ Blakros Museum is owned by the esteemed House Blakros, an extensive clan whose family members have made their fortune by trading odd antiquities across the border of Taldor and Qadira, as well as by marrying off their beautiful daughters to wealthy nobles all around the world. They store many of their curious gifts and the findings of their more adventurous daughters in exhibits in the Blakros Museum, which they purchased for just this purpose.
15+ The Pathfinder Society is interested in forming an alliance with the Blakros family to gain access to their extensive collection of historical and arcane treasures.
20+ Many pieces in the Blakros’s collection are connected to the Dark Tapestry or other otherworldly horrors studied by Ralzeros.

Any more questions or preparations before you head out?

Grand Lodge

Female Lashunta Sorcerer(Starsoul) - 5 | hp: 22/22 | AC:14(18wMA) | F:1, R:3, W:4 | S/d: 1:0/7 2:2/5 | BAB:2, MAB:1, RAB:4 | I:2 P:6 | TSRR:F | HW:38c | DA |124312-28

Triix makes notes to investigate this Ralzeros the Overwatched.

Why was he referred to as Mad and why is he referred to as the Overwatched? she says out loud, not really expecting an answer. He may have been just been .... misunderstood

She then turns to Kalak. Maybe I can help you with those words .... which ones?

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Nigel was in charge when I was last there, so I do know him in passing. We rescued him, there was a cursed idol from the Mwangi vastness which caused the apes around it to go mad, if I recall. It was a while ago. They had disturbed the totems of that far off place, and brought it here. Once we saved him, he gifted the Society with a Mwangi spear, a great treasure not bearing the spirits of their land. 0-05 Mists of Mwangi the Shoanti shares with VC Dreng.

The Exchange

HP 48/48 NL 10 | Burn 2/6 | AC 23 t17 f18 CMD 17 | DR 3/adamantine | F+9, R+11, W+3 | Init +5, Perc +9 | Halfling Geokineticist 5 |

no more questions from Teke

Dark Archive

(Portrait here) Female Human (Varisian & "Elf") Magus (Kapenia Dancer & Spell Dancer) 2 | HP:16/16 | AC:18*/16/13* (*when moving) CMD:15/10 | Saves: F4/R3/W3 | Init:3 | Senses: Perception:2 | Sense Motive:1 | Arcane Pool:1/4 | Spells/day: 1st-lvl 1/2 | Active Conditions: Spell Dance #3

A young Varisian woman quietly picks up Dreng's scattered papers and, after a brief glance, replaces them on his stack as she listens attentively to his introduction.

She is dressed in bright purple & red dancing scarves made of heavy silk & reinforced with leather strips which flutter and flow as she moves with an unnatural - one would almost say Elven - grace. Her only visible weapons are a starknife and sling. She seems quiet and reserved, and has an air of intellectualism about her.

"A few years ago I assisted matriarch Hamaria in breaking a centuries-old pact with the denizens of the Plane of Shadow to save her twin daughters, Michellia & Eleanir from the fate of their sister Sarnia - a life of servitude at the hands of the Onyx Alliance. I do not recall if I met Nigel at that time or not."
#2-11 The Penumbral Accords - very first scenario ever played so don't remember much


DungeonMaster

Nigel is standing outside the Museum.
Nigel Aldain has a disturbed expression, but looks slightly relieved now that help is at hand. “Thank the gods you’re finally here. It would appear something quite bizarre has happened to my new Pathfinder-turned-assistant, Anumet Akrostera, while we were researching the key to the newly discovered portal beneath the museum. I had warned Anumet that many corners of the museum hold mysteries that, as of yet, have never been looked into, but I’m afraid something got to him all the same, as the last time yesterday I saw him he was acting quite strangely, and he failed to return today. I fear something evil in the attics of the museum may have cursed him.”

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak greets Nigel, Greetings Nigel Aldain, we meet again, although this time you stand on your own feet. You say Anumet was in the attic, perhaps that is where we should start? This time Nigel, we are honored with a spirit-speaker of my people, who can help put the wandering spirits to rest.


DungeonMaster

He looks over at Kalak. Well, yes in the attic is a good start, but I don't know where. You might be able to follow his trails in the dust. Hope you don't mind getting dirt as the attic is filthy.

Grand Lodge

Female Lashunta Sorcerer(Starsoul) - 5 | hp: 22/22 | AC:14(18wMA) | F:1, R:3, W:4 | S/d: 1:0/7 2:2/5 | BAB:2, MAB:1, RAB:4 | I:2 P:6 | TSRR:F | HW:38c | DA |124312-28

Triix half bows to Nigel, making sure her hat doesn't fall off.

It's an honour to meet you Mister Nigel sir. Your museum, it is SO full of wonders. Triix visits whenever she can to study. Did you know it used to belong to an astronomer wizard? Triix would love to find out more about him. Maybe an exhibit about Ralzeros could be done perhaps?

She pauses to get on track.

Attic... ooooh ... that sound SO interesting. More marvels to look at ... who cares about dust when there are things to be discovered ... erm ... including your assistant too sir .... heh Triix shouldn't get sidetracked hehe

She starts looking a bit embarrased.

The Exchange

HP 48/48 NL 10 | Burn 2/6 | AC 23 t17 f18 CMD 17 | DR 3/adamantine | F+9, R+11, W+3 | Init +5, Perc +9 | Halfling Geokineticist 5 |

Teke wiggles the toes of his bare feet. "It can't be much dirtier than the dirt outside. Let's go try to find this missing fella. Does anyone have anything to handle a curse?"

Grand Lodge

Female Lashunta Sorcerer(Starsoul) - 5 | hp: 22/22 | AC:14(18wMA) | F:1, R:3, W:4 | S/d: 1:0/7 2:2/5 | BAB:2, MAB:1, RAB:4 | I:2 P:6 | TSRR:F | HW:38c | DA |124312-28

Triix looks even more embarrassed and shuffles her feet a bit.

Unfortunately the ... not so Great and Powerful Triix has not mastered that level of magic yet. She could go buy a scroll though.

Dark Archive

(Portrait here) Female Human (Varisian & "Elf") Magus (Kapenia Dancer & Spell Dancer) 2 | HP:16/16 | AC:18*/16/13* (*when moving) CMD:15/10 | Saves: F4/R3/W3 | Init:3 | Senses: Perception:2 | Sense Motive:1 | Arcane Pool:1/4 | Spells/day: 1st-lvl 1/2 | Active Conditions: Spell Dance #3

Valentina's lips purse distastefully as though tasting something sour when they discuss how dusty the attic is. I knew it was a mistake to skip Prestidigitation.
She absentmindedly picks at her beautiful scarves as she asks "Can you be more specific as to exactly how he was acting out of his usual demeanor? It might help us determine the nature of the curse, or... whatever it was." Perhaps he simply did not care for the working conditions you provided.

In response to Teke's question, she shuffles through her bag momentarily, but apparently finds nothing useful as she shakes her head. "Not I."

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak shakes his head in the negative, looking hopefully to Altavan, I know not of the spirit curses, my strength protects me from all but the most insidious of them. I cannot share that strength though, Altavan? I may be able to follow his tracks, depending on how dusty it truly is.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Shoanti) AC 17/FF15/T12, +4/+4/11 (+1 Will vs Enchantment) 48/48 BAB +3 Shaman (Speaker of the past) 5, Perception+9, Init+2

Altavan thought a bit as the group met with Nigel. "If we can capture him, I can deal with the curse in the morning." he said. By chance, is there something that Anumet likes to keep with him, like a rabbits foot or such? he added

Something that can be used for Locate Object


DungeonMaster

Asking questions he doesn't know how to respond to, he is unable to give you a straight answer, he doesn't quite understand the question or know what to say, so just shrugs his shoulders with an I don't know.
You may ask more questions if you wish, but I need everyone to roll me three perception checks, one is to spot a treasure, another is to spot danger, another is to hear something going on. be sure to tell me which is which

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Shoanti) AC 17/FF15/T12, +4/+4/11 (+1 Will vs Enchantment) 48/48 BAB +3 Shaman (Speaker of the past) 5, Perception+9, Init+2

Perception-Treasure: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Perception-Danger: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Perception-Hear noise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

The Exchange

HP 48/48 NL 10 | Burn 2/6 | AC 23 t17 f18 CMD 17 | DR 3/adamantine | F+9, R+11, W+3 | Init +5, Perc +9 | Halfling Geokineticist 5 |

Perception Treasure: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Perception Danger: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Perception Hear noise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Grand Lodge

Female Lashunta Sorcerer(Starsoul) - 5 | hp: 22/22 | AC:14(18wMA) | F:1, R:3, W:4 | S/d: 1:0/7 2:2/5 | BAB:2, MAB:1, RAB:4 | I:2 P:6 | TSRR:F | HW:38c | DA |124312-28

perception(treasure): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
perception(danger): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
perception(hearing): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Perception treasure: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Perception danger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Perception something else?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Dark Archive

(Portrait here) Female Human (Varisian & "Elf") Magus (Kapenia Dancer & Spell Dancer) 2 | HP:16/16 | AC:18*/16/13* (*when moving) CMD:15/10 | Saves: F4/R3/W3 | Init:3 | Senses: Perception:2 | Sense Motive:1 | Arcane Pool:1/4 | Spells/day: 1st-lvl 1/2 | Active Conditions: Spell Dance #3

Percept (treasure): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Percept (danger): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Percept (hear): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Valentina is obviously irritated by Nigel's lack of response to her question. "How can you possibly say Anumet was 'acting quite strangely' yet you're incapable of describing HOW he was acting out of the norm? Was he more or less talkative than usual? Easily startled? Speaking in tongues? Blue? What was out of the norm that made you suspicious in the first place? Or did you only realize that belatedly, after he disappeared?" Seems highly suspicious and duplicitous to me.

Sense Motive vs Nigel's inability to answer simple questions: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


DungeonMaster

You get into the building and find the traps. first perception check. Roll disable device
He looks back at Valentina with confused look, Gee, I don't know, that is why I'm sending you all. Not only are many of these questions you all are asking not in the script, but the scenario doesn't describe his personality very well for me to figure out how he would answer questions outside the script. So I gave him a I'm confused type of personality.
Description of the room.
Reeking of vermin droppings, sagging walkways and cramped stairwells connect the museum’s winding upper levels. Stifling heat fills the sealed-off rooms and crannies, and cracked and rotten boards pop and creak at the slightest touch. Dry-rotted debris lies heaped atop broken furniture and shattered crates in the long-disused chambers. Boot prints make an uncertain and winding trail through the thick dust on the attic’s floors.

Grand Lodge

Female Lashunta Sorcerer(Starsoul) - 5 | hp: 22/22 | AC:14(18wMA) | F:1, R:3, W:4 | S/d: 1:0/7 2:2/5 | BAB:2, MAB:1, RAB:4 | I:2 P:6 | TSRR:F | HW:38c | DA |124312-28

Valentina gets a telepathic message in her head from Triix. Triix is beginning to wonder if it's Nigel who is really showing aberrant behaviour

Triix is distracted by all the stuff in here, hoping to find something related to Ralzeros the Overwatched.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

I suppose these are the only tracks so we follow them, wherever they lead? Kalak asks the others, unlimbering the massive earthbreaker from his back.

Grand Lodge

Female Lashunta Sorcerer(Starsoul) - 5 | hp: 22/22 | AC:14(18wMA) | F:1, R:3, W:4 | S/d: 1:0/7 2:2/5 | BAB:2, MAB:1, RAB:4 | I:2 P:6 | TSRR:F | HW:38c | DA |124312-28

Makes sense

The Exchange

HP 48/48 NL 10 | Burn 2/6 | AC 23 t17 f18 CMD 17 | DR 3/adamantine | F+9, R+11, W+3 | Init +5, Perc +9 | Halfling Geokineticist 5 |

Teke will try to disable the trap.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

Dark Archive

(Portrait here) Female Human (Varisian & "Elf") Magus (Kapenia Dancer & Spell Dancer) 2 | HP:16/16 | AC:18*/16/13* (*when moving) CMD:15/10 | Saves: F4/R3/W3 | Init:3 | Senses: Perception:2 | Sense Motive:1 | Arcane Pool:1/4 | Spells/day: 1st-lvl 1/2 | Active Conditions: Spell Dance #3

Valentina looks surprised at the voice in her head until she looks around and makes eye contact with Triix and nods, then she giggles uncharacteristically.

She's so distracted she nearly stumbles over the trap, which changes her mood back to serious and alert.

@GM Doublegold ah that makes sense, I figured it was either poor scenario description or he was hiding something (in-character), but had to ask to be sure haha. No worries then

Grand Lodge

Female Lashunta Sorcerer(Starsoul) - 5 | hp: 22/22 | AC:14(18wMA) | F:1, R:3, W:4 | S/d: 1:0/7 2:2/5 | BAB:2, MAB:1, RAB:4 | I:2 P:6 | TSRR:F | HW:38c | DA |124312-28

Triix reaches out to steady Valentina


DungeonMaster

Teke is able to easily disable the Rotten Walkway by reinforcing it, so nobody collapses.
Beneath the walkway you notice n old record book fallen 20 feet below the rickety walkway. It chronicles House Blakros’s dealings in Osirion, including several incidents where family members undermined Pathfinder interests in the area. You can read through it, only to find nothing more specific than what I already wrote.
Teke does notice the haunt in the next room and knows how to disable it. Disabling the haunt requires entering the room and move an object from point a to point b. The object isn't heavy, but mage hand can't pick it up. Whoever wants to enter the room, the haunt gets to make one ranged touch attack against you. I only need one person to disable the haunt, unless you have a spell that can lift more than 20 LBS worth of weight without entering the room yourself.
What shall you do?

The Exchange

HP 48/48 NL 10 | Burn 2/6 | AC 23 t17 f18 CMD 17 | DR 3/adamantine | F+9, R+11, W+3 | Init +5, Perc +9 | Halfling Geokineticist 5 |

Teke will volunteer to do the moving, since he has a high AC and 3 DR.

Grand Lodge

Female Lashunta Sorcerer(Starsoul) - 5 | hp: 22/22 | AC:14(18wMA) | F:1, R:3, W:4 | S/d: 1:0/7 2:2/5 | BAB:2, MAB:1, RAB:4 | I:2 P:6 | TSRR:F | HW:38c | DA |124312-28

If no one else does, Triix pockets the record book, intending to deliver it to VC Valsin.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Shoanti) AC 17/FF15/T12, +4/+4/11 (+1 Will vs Enchantment) 48/48 BAB +3 Shaman (Speaker of the past) 5, Perception+9, Init+2

"If I may have the book, the Paracountess would make sure that it is safely secured." Altavan asked the group.

Season 8 has a check box for "Recover blackmail or incriminating evidence against a named NPC aristocrat, noble, ambassador or simular figure." if that applies

Grand Lodge

Female Lashunta Sorcerer(Starsoul) - 5 | hp: 22/22 | AC:14(18wMA) | F:1, R:3, W:4 | S/d: 1:0/7 2:2/5 | BAB:2, MAB:1, RAB:4 | I:2 P:6 | TSRR:F | HW:38c | DA |124312-28

Sure Triix hands Kegdrainer the book. Is it true she throws interesting parties?


DungeonMaster

Strange, organic-looking patterns wind across the walls and ceiling of this chamber, and the stone walls look as though they had grown winding tendrils that enshroud the area. At the chamber’s center stands a massive, rust-covered device of gears and arms about fifteen feet across. The end of each arm supports a different colored sphere. Strange projections and barbed arrows point through each of the globes, their directions seemingly random. Opposite from the chamber’s entrance, a naked and clearly dead body is impaled by a rust-red arrow. The corpse faces a gray, wooden door, which stands ajar. Arcana Check or geography check to know more

Teke removes Anumet’s body from theorrery and gives him a proper burial.
hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 vs touch, but it fails to even touch him.
You may make a heal check on the body to know about how he died.
TreasureYou find a lot of gold and gems, but no potions or anything that can be used in game.

You get to the next room. Scattered scraps of parchment and torn bindings cover the floor of this small chamber. Scratched glyphs cover its stone walls and even span part of the ceiling. A foul reek hangs in the air, like the stench of something long dead. You can read these message with linguistics or if you can read Aklo. Also a diplomacy or bluff check to distract the museum staff.

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS 1-32 | SFS 1-21 | SFS 1-16

k geo: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Is that an orray?

She examines it intently.

In the next room, since she knows Aklo, she can read the writing.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Shoanti) AC 17/FF15/T12, +4/+4/11 (+1 Will vs Enchantment) 48/48 BAB +3 Shaman (Speaker of the past) 5, Perception+9, Init+2
Triix wrote:

Sure Triix hands Kegdrainer the book. Is it true she throws interesting parties?

"No comment" Altavan said with a sly smile as he looked over the scraps of parchment and body.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Grand Lodge

Female Lashunta Sorcerer(Starsoul) - 5 | hp: 22/22 | AC:14(18wMA) | F:1, R:3, W:4 | S/d: 1:0/7 2:2/5 | BAB:2, MAB:1, RAB:4 | I:2 P:6 | TSRR:F | HW:38c | DA |124312-28

Back at the orray, Triix quickly searches for the spheres representing Golorion and Castrovel. If she can, she'll pocket them.

Dark Archive

(Portrait here) Female Human (Varisian & "Elf") Magus (Kapenia Dancer & Spell Dancer) 2 | HP:16/16 | AC:18*/16/13* (*when moving) CMD:15/10 | Saves: F4/R3/W3 | Init:3 | Senses: Perception:2 | Sense Motive:1 | Arcane Pool:1/4 | Spells/day: 1st-lvl 1/2 | Active Conditions: Spell Dance #3

Valentina waits to examine the body before inspecting the strange device. Although she doesn't recognize the writing in the next room, she is saavy enough to go along with Altavan's attempt to distract the museum staff while Trix moves forward.

heal: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3 She is convinced the corpse died not from the arrow in it's chest, but from exposure to the elements cause it's nekkid.
kn.arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
aid bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 (Aid success so +2 to Kegdrainer for a total of 15)

Ah, I was going to ask if there's anything identifiable about the corpse, but if we can identify it as Anumet then that is all well.


DungeonMaster

You have succeeded at that check
PCs who succeed at a DC 15 Knowledge (arcana) or Knowledge (geography) check recognize the device as an orrery depicting Golarion’s known solar system.
And the next one
A DC 10 Heal check is enough for a PC to see that something has feasted upon the corpse, devouring much of its skin and cracking the skull open to devour its contents. I forgot about the religion check, so I'll handwave it to keep the pace. Anumet’s clothing and effects are nowhere to be seen. A DC 12 Knowledge (religion) check identifies the claw and bite marks covering the body as typical of a ghoul’s victims. A DC 20 Heal check reveals that Anumet’s body is partially frostbitten in places.
You did not get the linguistics check
And the last check is also a success. Qadira faction PCs will want to surreptitiously study the records kept in the museum’s
offices. A Bluff check distracts the museum staff long enough for faction members to find the names they seek.
Anything you'd like to do before I move onto Act 2?

there was no combat, but here is the map of the area you just explored.Google Docs

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Lashunta Sorcerer(Starsoul) - 5 | hp: 22/22 | AC:14(18wMA) | F:1, R:3, W:4 | S/d: 1:0/7 2:2/5 | BAB:2, MAB:1, RAB:4 | I:2 P:6 | TSRR:F | HW:38c | DA |124312-28

As I said above, Triix knows Aklo, no check required. Did she manage to 'acquire' Castrovel and Golarion? Or are they too big to pocket? She is also a professional astronomer if that's any help.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak watches over his companions study the body and the relics discovered in the chamber, I am glad there are those here who understand these things - I prefer a simpler life, to see one's enemy and gather their skulls for my people. So he was slain by a ghoul and the cold, a strange combination that? And how are his clothes missing, is there a ghoul dressed as Anumet now?


DungeonMaster
Triix wrote:

As I said above, Triix knows Aklo, no check required. Did she manage to 'acquire' Castrovel and Golarion? Or are they too big to pocket? She is also a professional astronomer if that's any help.

Sorry, I missed that, so here is the text.

After the Devourer of Reason consumed one of Ralzeros’s favored apprentices, the wizard magically bound his otherworldly advisor and minion within this isolated chamber. He had planned to punish it later and bend the thing to his will, but his sudden disappearance left the Devourer of Reason trapped and forgotten. Over the long years of its imprisonment, the ravenous monster scrawled its madness-induced thoughts on the walls, most of which detail revenge plots against Ralzeros. PCs who can read Aklo or who make a successful DC 25 Linguistics check can read the scrawled messages, learning the beast’s name as well as its desire to unleash further horrors from the Dark Tapestry upon Golarion, though its exact plan remains a mystery.

Dark Archive

(Portrait here) Female Human (Varisian & "Elf") Magus (Kapenia Dancer & Spell Dancer) 2 | HP:16/16 | AC:18*/16/13* (*when moving) CMD:15/10 | Saves: F4/R3/W3 | Init:3 | Senses: Perception:2 | Sense Motive:1 | Arcane Pool:1/4 | Spells/day: 1st-lvl 1/2 | Active Conditions: Spell Dance #3

Once Trix briefs them on the contents of the messages...
Val looks at the Shaman of the group, Kegdrainer, (the most likely one to have esoteric religious knowledge) and asks if there's anything unique they should be aware of about ghouls or this "Destroyer of Reason" specifically, other than general normal undead stuff. (not trained in Knowledge Religion)

"...it doesn't specify why he's called the 'Destroyer of Reason' in particular, does it?" she looks nervous, and starts skimming through her spellbook. (Maybe a History check? *shrugs*)

1 to 50 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pathfinder 1e, 3-07 Outpost VI All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.