Outpost VI - GM Valen's Pathfinder Society Scenario #1-35: Voice in the Void (CORE) (Inactive)

Game Master Lysle

End Date: We have arrived.

Slides & Maps


251 to 294 of 294 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 6 Buffs: Mage Armor (6 hour duration), Heroism (Extended). | HP 62/62| AC 19 Incorp T 16 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +1 CMD 10 | F +9 R +6 W +7, +2 vs Illusion| INIT +7| PER +15 Low Light SM -1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1, Claws 9/9, +3 vs Spells 1/1, +2 UMD 1/1| Spells: Sorcerer 1st 4/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 0/4

Sylvester shakes his head.

"Sure and a raisin was a grape. It will take stronger magic then mine to fix this mess."


Devil We Know | Trapping the Hag's Claw | Battle for the Bulwark
Omrijka wrote:
Dat Immi Blakros! we came to find herOmrijka points at the osiriani figure with the tentacly appendages

Omrijka confirms that most of what the party is observing is Imrizade Blakros, but that the female human rogue now shares many of the features of an aberrant sorcerer. There remains, however, at least some trace of the Osiriani woman's humanity.

Omrijka also considers the five, 20-foot-long fungoid umbilicals that connect Imrizade to the Gate of Beyond, attached to her hips, shoulders, and the base of her skull. She concludes that these umbilicals are cumulatively providing Imrizade with fast healing. Severing all five umbilicals would not only disconnect Imrizade from the Gate and reduce this fast healing, but based upon what Sylvester previously puzzled, she concludes that doing so would also create a magical backlash that would remove some of the protections around the canister.
The umbilicals may be individually attacked using the sunder combat maneuver. Each umbilical has hardness 2 and 5 hit points.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 6 Buffs: Mage Armor (6 hour duration), Heroism (Extended). | HP 62/62| AC 19 Incorp T 16 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +1 CMD 10 | F +9 R +6 W +7, +2 vs Illusion| INIT +7| PER +15 Low Light SM -1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1, Claws 9/9, +3 vs Spells 1/1, +2 UMD 1/1| Spells: Sorcerer 1st 4/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 0/4

@GM Valen - Would not these umbilical cords be affected by the Fireball spell? It is quite a large blast area and Sylvester's ignorance of the importance of these cords does not make them burn less brightly. :-)


Male NG Human Male Fighter 4 | HP 31 / 44 | AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | CMD 20 | Fort + 7 Ref + 5 Will + 3; +1 vs. fear | Init + 3 | Perception 0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

@GM: Are the stairs up to Imrizade extra movement? I doubled Valeros and where he is should be 55'; if the stairs aren't extra I'll go another 5'.

Valeros moves forward with his swords in hands, "Yikes I guess I won't ask her out on a date..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Devil We Know | Trapping the Hag's Claw | Battle for the Bulwark
Sylvester Solstar wrote:
@GM Valen - Would not these umbilical cords be affected by the Fireball spell? It is quite a large blast area and Sylvester's ignorance of the importance of these cords does not make them burn less brightly. :-)

A worthy effort. However, RAW the fireball only affects creatures within the area and unattended objects. Technically, the umbilicals are neither. The fact that my decision leads to a more "dramatic' outcome and possibly a longer "climatic battle" only supports my conclusion. ; P

~Valeros~ wrote:

@GM: Are the stairs up to Imrizade extra movement? I doubled Valeros and where he is should be 55'; if the stairs aren't extra I'll go another 5'.

Valeros moves forward with his swords in hands, "Yikes I guess I won't ask her out on a date..."

Yes, the stairs are considered difficult terrain.

And, no, I wouldn't presently ask Imrizade for a date.

Liberty's Edge

(Core) HP 37/37 AC 20 TAC 15 FF 16 | CMD 12 | F +6 R +8 W +5 (+2 vs fear) Res 10 elec | Reroll: 1/1 Er: 8/8 L1: 4/8 L2: 2/4 | Senses +0
Skills:
Acrobatics+6,Bluff+11,Climb-1,Diplomacy+6,Escape+4,Fly+6,HandleAni+6,Inti+9 ,K.Arcana+8,K.History,+8,K.Planes+8,Ling+3,SenseMotive-2,Spelcraft+8,Stealt h+8,Survival-2,Swim -3,UMD+12,Concentration+10
Male Halfling Sorcerer 5 | mage armor 1h, prot. from evil 5m

"Ok pretty, why don't you fetch that pretty canister then?" Ledt moves to Omrijka (on his turn, before she strides forward), casting invisibility on her.


Male NG Human Male Fighter 4 | HP 31 / 44 | AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | CMD 20 | Fort + 7 Ref + 5 Will + 3; +1 vs. fear | Init + 3 | Perception 0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None
Ledt wrote:
"Ok pretty, why don't you fetch that pretty canister then?" Ledt moves to Omrijka (on his turn, before she strides forward), casting invisibility on her.

"Aw you're supposed to do that! Just muscle up on it like you did those doors..."

Scarab Sages

N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: Enlarge Person 5 minutes

"Finally, something that just needs to be cut."

Red charges and attacks one of the umbilicals. Minimum damage will cut one, so not bothering with sunder.

+1 Scythe: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26
Slashing Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 = 12

-2 AC for one round


Devil We Know | Trapping the Hag's Claw | Battle for the Bulwark
The Red Reverend wrote:

"Finally, something that just needs to be cut."

Red charges and attacks one of the umbilicals. Minimum damage will cut one, so not bothering with sunder.

As one of the umbilicals is severed, the woman winces in pain as blood spurts out from the fresh wound.

Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

"You meddling fool!" The woman cries out in an alien voice. "I can still reform this vessel, shape it to my needs!"

The flow of blood from the recent wound magically staunches as the flesh around the open wound begins to stitch itself together!

Ancient, unearthly syllables begin to pour forth from the woman's lips.

Concentration to cast defensively: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

But, they come to nothing. She moves back cautiously.
5 ft. step

WARP OF THE DARK TAPESTRY - Round Two Begins!

PCs in bold may act

Woman (black) -17 HP
Ledt
Sylvester
Corey
Omrijka
(invisible)
Red
Valeros

Cannister -6 HP

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: Enlarge Person 5 minutes

The Reverend knows that when he is called a meddling fool, he is doing something right.

+1 Scythe vs. Umbilical: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Slashing Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 2) + 7 = 11

Liberty's Edge

(Core) HP 37/37 AC 20 TAC 15 FF 16 | CMD 12 | F +6 R +8 W +5 (+2 vs fear) Res 10 elec | Reroll: 1/1 Er: 8/8 L1: 4/8 L2: 2/4 | Senses +0
Skills:
Acrobatics+6,Bluff+11,Climb-1,Diplomacy+6,Escape+4,Fly+6,HandleAni+6,Inti+9 ,K.Arcana+8,K.History,+8,K.Planes+8,Ling+3,SenseMotive-2,Spelcraft+8,Stealt h+8,Survival-2,Swim -3,UMD+12,Concentration+10
Male Halfling Sorcerer 5 | mage armor 1h, prot. from evil 5m

Ledt moves a bit forward to put his target at range, then starts saying words of magic. Black energy surrounds his hand and he projects it against the creature in a ray of enfeeblement, to prevent her to cause more harm.
ray (touch, precise shot): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Ray of Enfeeblement Str damage (For DC 16 for half): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Crit?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Ray of Enfeeblement Str damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 6 Buffs: Mage Armor (6 hour duration), Heroism (Extended). | HP 62/62| AC 19 Incorp T 16 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +1 CMD 10 | F +9 R +6 W +7, +2 vs Illusion| INIT +7| PER +15 Low Light SM -1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1, Claws 9/9, +3 vs Spells 1/1, +2 UMD 1/1| Spells: Sorcerer 1st 4/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 0/4

"Keep on her people. Get in close and yank her free of those chains."

Sylvester decides to make the woman and her canister all nice and sparkly.

Glitterdust is cast. Will DC 19 or be blinded.


Male NG Human Male Fighter 4 | HP 31 / 44 | AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | CMD 20 | Fort + 7 Ref + 5 Will + 3; +1 vs. fear | Init + 3 | Perception 0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

@GM: Is Valeros in a square he can attack the umbilical cords? If not please move him to one where he can since he's only moved 10' (actually 5 but it's up the stairs so it's doubled).

+1 Longsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 181d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"Come on lady don't make our job any harder than it's already been! We've got enough weird stuff wandering the streets without you bringing more in."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG m elf core bard 5| HP 37/37 | AC 17, t13, ff14 (+4 mage armor & +4 shield) | F +4, R +8, W +5 (+2 vs. ench., +4 vs sonic) | Perc +10 (low-light) | Stealth +9 | Init +5 | speed 30' | CMB +4, CMD 17 | cold-iron arrows x20 | [ ] Reroll Used | Active Conditions: mage armor (1 hr.)

Don't forget about Inspire Courage, everyone!

Corey slings his bow on his back. He runs into the creepy chamber while drawing his longsword from the scabbard of vigor.

Inspire Courage is up! +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects.
+2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.


Male NG Human Male Fighter 4 | HP 31 / 44 | AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | CMD 20 | Fort + 7 Ref + 5 Will + 3; +1 vs. fear | Init + 3 | Perception 0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None
Corenthiir wrote:

Don't forget about Inspire Courage, everyone!

Corey slings his bow on his back. He runs into the creepy chamber while drawing his longsword from the scabbard of vigor.

Inspire Courage is up! +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects.
+2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Ack I did forget! :( I'm a big dummy!

@GM: Please add +2 to Valeros's roll to hit and damage; it's not Corey's fault I'm dumb.

Grand Lodge

NG m elf core bard 5| HP 37/37 | AC 17, t13, ff14 (+4 mage armor & +4 shield) | F +4, R +8, W +5 (+2 vs. ench., +4 vs sonic) | Perc +10 (low-light) | Stealth +9 | Init +5 | speed 30' | CMB +4, CMD 17 | cold-iron arrows x20 | [ ] Reroll Used | Active Conditions: mage armor (1 hr.)

You're not a dummy. You're awesome! It's easy to forget things with all the posts. I forgot to mention I'm giving my sword a +3 for 3 rounds with the Scabbard of Vigor.

Scarab Sages

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9 (10 for traps) Female half-orc pal 3/rog 1 F+7 R +8, Will +4 Reroll (4 stars) LoH 3/3 Smite 1/1 Clw wand 42/42 chgs AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex,+1deflect ) hp 38/38

Omrijka just tries to grab the box strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Devil We Know | Trapping the Hag's Claw | Battle for the Bulwark
The Red Reverend wrote:
The Reverend knows that when he is called a meddling fool, he is doing something right.

Another umbilical is cut and Imrizade's body cries out in pain.

Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Imrizade, Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Ledt wrote:
Ledt moves a bit forward to put his target at range, then starts saying words of magic.

Ledt's ray drains her of strength!

Sylvester Solstar wrote:
Sylvester decides to make the woman and her canister all nice and sparkly.

Things get glittery!

Imrizade, Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Canister(?), Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

~Valeros~ wrote:
"Come on lady don't make our job any harder than it's already been! We've got enough weird stuff wandering the streets without you bringing more in."

Even with Corey's encouragement, Valeros fails to cut one of the umbilicals.

Moved Valeros adjacent to Imrizade.

Omrijka wrote:
Omrijka just tries to grab the box

Moved Omrijka adjacent to cannister. I am considering this an "attack" as removal has an adverse mechanical effect on an opponent.

However, with Imrizade blinded, I don't think it matters.

Omrijka cannot pull the canister free from the archway.

Imrizade's wounds attempt to knit with some limited success.

The woman's form backs away and begins to utter ancient syllables.
5 foot step
Casting the spell provokes an AoO from Red due to reach
Red, Melee AoO w/IC: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15

The cleric just barely misses!

Imrizade increases in size!

WARP OF THE DARK TAPESTRY - Round Three Begins!

PCs in bold may act

Imrizade (black) -16 HP (-6 Str; blinded; enlarged)
Ledt
Sylvester
Corey
Omrijka
Red
Valeros

Cannister -6 HP (blinded)

How do you wish to end this, Pathfinders?

Scarab Sages

N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: Enlarge Person 5 minutes

*meddling intensifies*

+1 Scythe vs. Umbilical: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Slashing Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 2) + 7 = 15

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 6 Buffs: Mage Armor (6 hour duration), Heroism (Extended). | HP 62/62| AC 19 Incorp T 16 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +1 CMD 10 | F +9 R +6 W +7, +2 vs Illusion| INIT +7| PER +15 Low Light SM -1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1, Claws 9/9, +3 vs Spells 1/1, +2 UMD 1/1| Spells: Sorcerer 1st 4/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 0/4

@GM Valen - Enlarge Person typically takes an entire round (1 round) of casting so assuming that she does not have some special ability to cast this spell any faster the spell might be interrupted by damage taken this round.

Liberty's Edge

(Core) HP 37/37 AC 20 TAC 15 FF 16 | CMD 12 | F +6 R +8 W +5 (+2 vs fear) Res 10 elec | Reroll: 1/1 Er: 8/8 L1: 4/8 L2: 2/4 | Senses +0
Skills:
Acrobatics+6,Bluff+11,Climb-1,Diplomacy+6,Escape+4,Fly+6,HandleAni+6,Inti+9 ,K.Arcana+8,K.History,+8,K.Planes+8,Ling+3,SenseMotive-2,Spelcraft+8,Stealt h+8,Survival-2,Swim -3,UMD+12,Concentration+10
Male Halfling Sorcerer 5 | mage armor 1h, prot. from evil 5m

Ledt readies himself to protect the others by readying to counterspell the next magic coming from the woman.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Not sure if he can counterspell the enlarge person as it takes 1 round to cast, but if possible, Ledt will do so, as he knows the spell.

Grand Lodge

NG m elf core bard 5| HP 37/37 | AC 17, t13, ff14 (+4 mage armor & +4 shield) | F +4, R +8, W +5 (+2 vs. ench., +4 vs sonic) | Perc +10 (low-light) | Stealth +9 | Init +5 | speed 30' | CMB +4, CMD 17 | cold-iron arrows x20 | [ ] Reroll Used | Active Conditions: mage armor (1 hr.)

Corey runs up to the mass of wires and attempts to slice one in half.
Mwk Longsword, IC, scabbard: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
slashing, IC, scabbard: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

T-Shirt & GM Stars reroll!!!
Mwk Longsword: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 4 = 29

Inspire Courage is up! +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects.
+2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.


Male NG Human Male Fighter 4 | HP 31 / 44 | AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | CMD 20 | Fort + 7 Ref + 5 Will + 3; +1 vs. fear | Init + 3 | Perception 0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

TWF +1 Longsword, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 221d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

TWF Mwk Shortsword, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 121d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Scarab Sages

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9 (10 for traps) Female half-orc pal 3/rog 1 F+7 R +8, Will +4 Reroll (4 stars) LoH 3/3 Smite 1/1 Clw wand 42/42 chgs AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex,+1deflect ) hp 38/38

If umbilicals left Omrijkas will try cut one with her glaive

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

if not she will take out her sap and try to knock out Imizadre

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
no lethal damage inc sneak: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10

really need to take out fast healing to make non lethal worth doing

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 6 Buffs: Mage Armor (6 hour duration), Heroism (Extended). | HP 62/62| AC 19 Incorp T 16 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +1 CMD 10 | F +9 R +6 W +7, +2 vs Illusion| INIT +7| PER +15 Low Light SM -1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1, Claws 9/9, +3 vs Spells 1/1, +2 UMD 1/1| Spells: Sorcerer 1st 4/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 0/4

Sylvester will hold back for now.

He will delay his action.

"Someone strong should grab the canister."

Scarab Sages

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9 (10 for traps) Female half-orc pal 3/rog 1 F+7 R +8, Will +4 Reroll (4 stars) LoH 3/3 Smite 1/1 Clw wand 42/42 chgs AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex,+1deflect ) hp 38/38

Tried dat It didn't wanna budge

Having got nowhere with a rolled 15 on a strength check
Omrijka is thinking thats not going to come away easily and is concentrating on getting Imizade free and then worrying about the cylinder

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male N Gnome Sorcerer 6 Buffs: Mage Armor (6 hour duration), Heroism (Extended). | HP 62/62| AC 19 Incorp T 16 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +1 CMD 10 | F +9 R +6 W +7, +2 vs Illusion| INIT +7| PER +15 Low Light SM -1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1, Claws 9/9, +3 vs Spells 1/1, +2 UMD 1/1| Spells: Sorcerer 1st 4/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 0/4

Sylvester looks around wondering why time has stopped.

Bump.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Devil We Know | Trapping the Hag's Claw | Battle for the Bulwark
The Red Reverend wrote:
*meddling intensifies*

Red rips through another umbilical.

Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Corenthiir wrote:
Corey runs up to the mass of wires and attempts to slice one in half.

Corey cuts a fourth!

Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Valeros vivisects the fifth!
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

With all five umbilicals cut, Imrizade is separated from the Gate.

The canister seems to scream inaudibly.

Omrijka wrote:
if not she will take out her sap and try to knock out Imizadre

With some inspiration from Corey, Omrijka knocks the Blakros daughter out!

COMBAT OVER

The cannister continues to rage telepathically in silence.

You cannot stop me! cries a voice. I am Kubburum Ishmedagan. Roused from millennia of torpor by the female vessel, my telepathic whispers awakened a part of mind touched by the portal when she was a child. Thus, I was able to possess her. Used as a conduit for my ghostly brain, she effectively became an aberrant sorcerer herself.

Once in control of her, I directed her back to Absalom and the dormant portal beneath the Blakros Museum. Returning to the museum in a deranged and manic state a few days ago, she went straight to the secret chamber below the basement library. Subsumed to by the will of my ghostly brain, I used her to begin working to reactivate the Gate of Beyond. While proved unable to fully open the portal to the Dark Tapestry, her attempts have unleashed horrifying aberrant energies from the planet Aucturn and attracted a variety of bizarre and dangerous creatures to the museum.

You may have incapacitated my chosen vessel, but it will not stop me or the opening of the Gate!

If you search Imrizade's unconscious form:
You uncover a potion of cure light wounds, scroll of mage armor, scroll of shield, wand of color spray, a cloak of resistance +1, a tanglefoot bag; a masterwork rapier, a hand crossbow with 10 bolts, a backpack, a set of thieves’ tools, a signet ring (50 gp), a pouch with 20 gp, and a papyrus, which is written in Ancient Osiriani and labeled “The Aucturn Enigma.”

What do you wish to do, Pathfinders?

Scarab Sages

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9 (10 for traps) Female half-orc pal 3/rog 1 F+7 R +8, Will +4 Reroll (4 stars) LoH 3/3 Smite 1/1 Clw wand 42/42 chgs AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex,+1deflect ) hp 38/38

Now lets remove that cylinder. Anyone got a crowbar?

strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Grand Lodge

NG m elf core bard 5| HP 37/37 | AC 17, t13, ff14 (+4 mage armor & +4 shield) | F +4, R +8, W +5 (+2 vs. ench., +4 vs sonic) | Perc +10 (low-light) | Stealth +9 | Init +5 | speed 30' | CMB +4, CMD 17 | cold-iron arrows x20 | [ ] Reroll Used | Active Conditions: mage armor (1 hr.)

Corey runs up to the unconscious Imrazade and pulls out a wand. He touches her with the wand of cure light wounds. CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
"It'll be alright. We're here to help you."

Scarab Sages

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9 (10 for traps) Female half-orc pal 3/rog 1 F+7 R +8, Will +4 Reroll (4 stars) LoH 3/3 Smite 1/1 Clw wand 42/42 chgs AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex,+1deflect ) hp 38/38

we sort canister she can sleep for now


Devil We Know | Trapping the Hag's Claw | Battle for the Bulwark
Corenthiir wrote:

Corey runs up to the unconscious Imrazade and pulls out a wand. He touches her with the wand of cure light wounds.

"It'll be alright. We're here to help you."

"I warned you!" Imrazade replies in an alien voice, now clearly akin to that of the telepathic one. "Now, you shall be my vessel!"

A few more unearthly syllables later, the woman's hand glows with blue energy. Clearly possessed, she reaches out to disrupt the bard's life force with negative energy!
Melee (touch) with spell!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

The bard dodges, avoiding her glowing touch.

Imrazade tries to get to her feet.

The canister, though dented and damaged, laughs silently.

All PCs may act!

Liberty's Edge

(Core) HP 37/37 AC 20 TAC 15 FF 16 | CMD 12 | F +6 R +8 W +5 (+2 vs fear) Res 10 elec | Reroll: 1/1 Er: 8/8 L1: 4/8 L2: 2/4 | Senses +0
Skills:
Acrobatics+6,Bluff+11,Climb-1,Diplomacy+6,Escape+4,Fly+6,HandleAni+6,Inti+9 ,K.Arcana+8,K.History,+8,K.Planes+8,Ling+3,SenseMotive-2,Spelcraft+8,Stealt h+8,Survival-2,Swim -3,UMD+12,Concentration+10
Male Halfling Sorcerer 5 | mage armor 1h, prot. from evil 5m

"Argh, why do you insist to complicate things?" Ledt casts protection from evil and moves over to the aberrant sorceress trying to deliver the spell on her and shield her from compulsion.
Touch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Will DC 16 if she wants to resist

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 6 Buffs: Mage Armor (6 hour duration), Heroism (Extended). | HP 62/62| AC 19 Incorp T 16 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +1 CMD 10 | F +9 R +6 W +7, +2 vs Illusion| INIT +7| PER +15 Low Light SM -1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1, Claws 9/9, +3 vs Spells 1/1, +2 UMD 1/1| Spells: Sorcerer 1st 4/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 0/4

"Red would you kindly shred that canister? Put a few more dents in it and it will not be laughing anymore."

"The rest of you please knock her out again."

Sylvester readies a Magic Missile. If Imrazade is still up and tries to attack anyone or tries to cast a spell then Sylvester will fire his missiles at her.

Magic Missile, Readied action: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) + 3 = 11

It is better to potentially lose a prestige point then deal with a dead character.

Grand Lodge

NG m elf core bard 5| HP 37/37 | AC 17, t13, ff14 (+4 mage armor & +4 shield) | F +4, R +8, W +5 (+2 vs. ench., +4 vs sonic) | Perc +10 (low-light) | Stealth +9 | Init +5 | speed 30' | CMB +4, CMD 17 | cold-iron arrows x20 | [ ] Reroll Used | Active Conditions: mage armor (1 hr.)

"GAHHH!!! Stupid thing! SHUT UP!!!"
Corey shouts as he runs up to the canister and whacks it with his sword.
Mwk Longsword, IC & vigor: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13
slashing, IC & vigor: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
Lame.

Inspire Courage is still up! +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects.
+2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Scarab Sages

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9 (10 for traps) Female half-orc pal 3/rog 1 F+7 R +8, Will +4 Reroll (4 stars) LoH 3/3 Smite 1/1 Clw wand 42/42 chgs AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex,+1deflect ) hp 38/38

Go back to sleep! Omrijka swings at Im

sap: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15
sap non lethal with sneak: 1d6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (1) = 13

remove a d6 if she no longer glitterdusted


Devil We Know | Trapping the Hag's Claw | Battle for the Bulwark
Ledt wrote:

"Argh, why do you insist to complicate things?" Ledt casts protection from evil and moves over to the aberrant sorceress trying to deliver the spell on her and shield her from compulsion.

Will DC 16 if she wants to resist

Possessed Imrizade's, Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The black, clouded eyes of Imrizade momentarily flash "normal" hues of white with green irises.

"Destroy Kubburum," she gasps weakly. "Destroy the cani--" Her eyes return to black as an evil grin overtakes her face.

"Pathetic," she continues, her voice now stronger and alien in tone.

Sylvester readies a spell. Corey hacks at the cannister, but cannot get through its hardness.

Omrijka tries to knock Imrizade out, but is unsuccessful.

Red or Valeros? Would either of you care to "kindly shred that canister?"


Male NG Human Male Fighter 4 | HP 31 / 44 | AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | CMD 20 | Fort + 7 Ref + 5 Will + 3; +1 vs. fear | Init + 3 | Perception 0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Dropping his shortsword to wield his longsword with two hands, Valeros attempts to damage the canister!

"Reminds me of this game they play in Taldor called 'pinata'...."

+1 Longsword, Inspire Courage, 2 Hands: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 121d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

LOL the die roller just continues to kill all of my characters.

Scarab Sages

N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: Enlarge Person 5 minutes

Going to shred that jar like Krang.

+1 Scythe vs. Jar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Slashing Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 2) + 7 = 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Devil We Know | Trapping the Hag's Claw | Battle for the Bulwark
~Valeros~ wrote:

Dropping his shortsword to wield his longsword with two hands, Valeros attempts to damage the canister!

"Reminds me of this game they play in Taldor called 'pinata'...."

Valeros chops at the cannister, but only causes a few broken shards of glass and metal to rain down, like a smattering of falling candy.

The Red Reverend wrote:
Going to shred that jar like Krang.

The Red Reverend shreds the cannister beyond recognition.

A silent scream echoes throughout the halls as destroying the cylinder had freed the bonds holding Kubburum’s ghostly mind to this world, and he goes to meet his long-delayed fate in Pharasma’s Boneyard. Destroying the cylinder also weakens the Gate of Beyond, which begins twisting and shaking itself apart for tens of seconds, until it finally disintegrates.

With the Gate gone and Kubburum no longer, Imrizade can be safely revived. In time, she is able to explain that severing the fungoid umbilicals connecting herto the Gate of Beyond freed her from Kubburum’s direct control, but that he still possessed a tenuous hold on her mind. To completely free Imrizade of the ancient sorcerer’s possession, the Pathfinders had to either kill Imrizade or destroy Kubburum’s brain cylinder. Killing Imrizade but leaving the cylinder intact would have left the dangerous aberrant sorcerer free to possess someone else later and try again to open the Gate of Beyond. Even if he had not opened the Gate of Beyond fully, more and more aberrant energies would certainly have leaked from the portal, attracting ever greater threats to the Blakros Museum. Eventually, the portal would have grown in power until it was discovered, leaving it for the Wise Quarter’s Learned Guard and wizards of the Arcanamirium to be called in to try and destroy it.

Although such an outcome has been avoided, thanks to the Pathfinders, Imrizade Blakros still retains her aberrant bloodline and is plagued afterward by strange dreams of nightmare vistas and bizarre beings from the Dark Tapestry. Nevertheless, the Pathfinders have earned the gratitude of Nigel Aldain, the powerful Blakros family, and Imrizade herself, who happily turns over the Osirian artifacts she collected, and grants the Pathfinder Society unrestricted access to the Blakros family archives.

FIN

Thanks all for a fun table!

Unless someone needs a chronicle earlier, I am going to hold off on reporting and chronicle sheet until late Monday in order to give everyone the chance to provide contact information on RPGChronicles for the prize drawings.

Grand Lodge

NG m elf core bard 5| HP 37/37 | AC 17, t13, ff14 (+4 mage armor & +4 shield) | F +4, R +8, W +5 (+2 vs. ench., +4 vs sonic) | Perc +10 (low-light) | Stealth +9 | Init +5 | speed 30' | CMB +4, CMD 17 | cold-iron arrows x20 | [ ] Reroll Used | Active Conditions: mage armor (1 hr.)

Corey wipes the sweat from his brow as the group leaves the museum.
"Thank the gods that we survived all of those Strange-ish Things in that museum and we saved Imrazade from a terrible fate! That was quite the experience."

"Well, there's only one thing to do now..."
He says to his teammates.
"Let's celebrate!"

"TO THE TAVERN!!!"
Corey shouts as he charges towards the closest drinking hall.


Male NG Human Male Fighter 4 | HP 31 / 44 | AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | CMD 20 | Fort + 7 Ref + 5 Will + 3; +1 vs. fear | Init + 3 | Perception 0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

"Hopefully I can hit a mug better than I did that damned canister..."

This was fun! Thanks to GM Valen for running and everyone else for playing!

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 6 Buffs: Mage Armor (6 hour duration), Heroism (Extended). | HP 62/62| AC 19 Incorp T 16 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +1 CMD 10 | F +9 R +6 W +7, +2 vs Illusion| INIT +7| PER +15 Low Light SM -1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1, Claws 9/9, +3 vs Spells 1/1, +2 UMD 1/1| Spells: Sorcerer 1st 4/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 0/4

Sylvester nods. Corey might not be able to hit the broad side of a barn with his sword but nobody beats this bard when it is time to hit the tavern.

"Alright Party Time! Lead on."

Scarab Sages

N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: Enlarge Person 5 minutes

"Time to meet my mistress, whatever you are."

Red keeps an eye on Imrizade for the duration of the trip back. He's not big on spies to start with, and one with a weird ancestor and potential outside influence is too much of a threat to ignore.

251 to 294 of 294 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Outpost VI - GM Valen's Pathfinder Society Scenario #1-35: Voice in the Void (CORE) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.