GM Blazej's SFS 5-08: Tarnished Legacy Star Sugar Superstar (Inactive)

Game Master Zynete


1 to 50 of 438 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Prank War Map

The Drift may have crashed, but music still connects the galaxy.

Zigvigix and Celita, leaders of the Advocates and Dataphiles factions respectively, have invited you all to section of Lorespire Complex that many of you had recently aided with clearing out and restoring. The space is now fully renovated and you were asked to go to a lounge within the Advocate's headquarters.

As you approach you close you hear the sound of high tempo, heart pounding, and cheery music filling the halls.

Manifold Host

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 22/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 3/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

I-apvii wanders in, puppy frolicing to the music behind them.

Wayfinders

Male N Dwarf Precog 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft | Paradoxes: 16

Grognard rides in on Donkey's back and mutters under his breath, "Dot..."

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jekcedo makes their way to the lounge, Dav02 the kilkharp hopping along to the music. Jek waves when they see I-apvii and Grognard.

"Good to see you again. How was the last mission?"

Wayfinders

Male N Dwarf Precog 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft | Paradoxes: 16

Grognard pauses. "Erm... ye were thar remember? With Ruby-17? Was nae that just the other day? Or was that th' one with the Ambassador? Hard tae keep track o time... lemme check mah bank account."

He pulls up a list of recent transactions and seems really confused. "Credits for Mission 1-32 just cleared... but most recent mission ah show is 5-06. Ahm pretty sure you were there... for both? All a bit of a blur. Ah distinctly remember ye on 5-06 but ah cannae shake the feeling you were there too for 1-32... maybe in another timeline... Then again ah see a paycheck for 4-03 and ah dinnae remember any specifics 'bout it. Maybe I'll remember it yesterday..."

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Ikmanji approaches from a different direction.

Greetings all! Seems the center will still have low rent because of loud noises.


Prank War Map

The cheery music with fast paced drums and vocals gets only louder as you near the lounge. Within there is now an array of comfortable and colorful furniture. The source of the music are the room's speakers. Your arrival isn't immediately noticed as you see Ziggy and Celita in the room. Both are laughing and singing along with every single line filled to the brim with joy.

This lasts only a moment as they notice your entry. Ziggy gives a cheerful greeting at they lower the volume. Celita gives a curt nod as she secures her smile and posture with a serious and professional demeanor instantly.

"Welcome!" Ziggy exclaims. "Come in! Make yourself comfortable! Sorry about the music, I'm so excited for today."

Dataphiles

NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 4 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +14 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 6/6 | Spark of Ingenuity 1/1 | Field Dressing 5/5 |

Triage smiles warmly to the pair as he finally makes his way to this part of the Lorespire Complex.

"What has you both in such a good mood!" He calls out.

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Looking around, Ikmanji says “This area is looking a lot better now. Were there any more klikharps around?

Just realized that I had misread where we are meeting…was expecting it to be down in the spike.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jekcedo starts hopping along with Dav02 and waves to Celita and Ziggy.

"Don't stop the music because of us. Love what you have done with the space. Looks great! What's the occasion?"


Prank War Map

"No more klikharps around, but we are glad to have given those here wonderful homes!" Ziggy responds in delight as they proclaim telepathically, "a celebration of delight to draw smiles from the gloom!"

"Allow me to explain," Celita cuts in. "Today, the Starfinder Society is hosting the inaugural event at the newly repurposed and renamed Ruby Theater. The event is a battle of the bands judged by several famous and well-respected musicians, including Tsuchi-ko from Strawberry Machine Cake."

At this name, Ziggy squeals and claps their hands in glee. Celita smiles at Ziggy fondly, then continues.

"This battle of the bands serves the dual purpose of fundraising for those displaced by the Drift Crisis and raising the spirits of our fellow Pact Worlds citizens. It's an opportunity for the Starfinder Society to give back to our community. Additionally, given the scandals recently unearthed concerning my predecessor's illicit activities, it's vital to show the public we intend to make amends for what Historia-Prime did under the Society's watch."

"This is where you come in," Ziggy says with enthusiastic delight. "We'd like a team of Starfinders to work security for the event." Ziggy's antennae droop slightly as they damper their own enthusiasm as they admit. "I'm very sorry to have to ask you to work the event instead of enjoying it, but I'll make sure you have complimentary tickets to the next one! Their tone picks up as they suggest, "you'll be able to hear the music no matter where you are in the venue, so hopefully you won't miss too much. The work should be easy—just helping with setup and making sure the fans don't get too rowdy. Other than that, you should be able to enjoy the show."

"Try to keep the judges happy," Celita adds as she diligently focuses on the parameters of the mission. "They've volunteered their time for a generous cause and their fame is the main drawing point for the event."

"Do you have any questions?"

Cognates

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Which one is Tsuchi-ko? I know which one is Captain Carmine, but profess I can’t always match the name with the stage faces of the others.

Obviously not a real fan because they didn’t pronounce it correctly. CAPTAIN✶CARMINE! pronounced in all caps with the star.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Prank War Map

Ziggy is delighted to answer, Tsuchi-ko is Strawberry Machine Cake's bass player! She wears her frilly dress and leaps about the stage with enough energy to power Abasalom Station! They spin around as they mime playing a guitar.

Meanwhile Celita pulls up a picture of Tsuchi-ko. She is a cobra headed girl wearing a pink-and-red lolita-fashion and a large red ribbon. She also states, "while CAPTAIN★CARMINE is on station as well, there was a desire to have judges come from a wide variety of musicians from the industry." Celita clearly makes a minor point of clarifying the pronunciation of the other member of Strawberry Machine Cake.

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

You mentioned keeping the fans from getting too rowdy. How much of a worry is that?

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

"Are any of the bands known to have rowdy fans?"

Dataphiles

NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 4 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +14 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 6/6 | Spark of Ingenuity 1/1 | Field Dressing 5/5 |

"How did they manage to add a star to their name when saying it?" He whispers to whosevers closest.


Prank War Map

Zigvigix comes to the defense of the fans as they say, [i]"I don't expect anyone to get out of hand! This event is important for the community. I don't think anyone would want do anything to ruin this event."[i]

"That being said," Celita is quick to return to caution, "be prepared for anything. You should be aware of how these things go."

She pulls up a list of attendees as she seeks through them and comments, "some of the bands have fans that are more enthusiasm than others, but I do not believe any are outside expected parameters."

"Most of the bands are local," Celita adds. "There are also several bands from elsewhere that became stranded because of the Drift Crisis."

"The judges are Lita Starr, Tsuchi-ko from Strawberry Machine Cake, Lynthia from Abysshead, and K1ng Ch0rd. The event is hosted by Radat Sendu from Zo!'s network."

As she gives the names you have the opportunity to make Diplomacy (for Gather Information), Culture (to recall knowledge), or some Profession (to Recall Knowledge). The profession would need to be one that could be used to know about celebrity musicians, so viable profession would include celebrity journalist, gossip columnist, musician, and talent manager. If you have a question about a profession feel free to ask.

DC 10+:
Tsuchi-ko is Strawberry Machine Cake's cobra-headed bass player. She believes that to spread joy is a musician's highest calling and is known to mentor talented but little-known musicians who have a reputation for kindness and charity. It's commonly known that she adores cupcakes (which she swallows whole) but is a horrible baker.

K1ng Ch0rd is a technorapper with a decades-long career in the music industry. He's never seen in public without his iconic vidscreen helmet, which serves to keep his private and public lives separate.

DC 15+:
The sugarpop icon Lita Starr sang with several bands, including Angel Melody, Lita and the Cutie Mephits, and Glint before launching her very successful solo career.

Lynthia is the lead guitarist and backup vocalist for the agrosynch metal band Abysshead. It's rumored that she once poisoned a (now ex-) lover.

DC 20+:
Radat Sendu is an elebrian jiang-shi vampire. He’s famous for hosting variety shows and pulling cruel and dangerous "pranks" on performers, a tendency that is popular with Eoxian audiences.

Some sources allege that the reason Lita Starr's worked with so many bands is that her diva tendencies drove them to walk away.

It's rumored Tsuchi-ko has a vast stuffed animal collection and is a combat-trained mech pilot.

Finally, stories from Apostae recently reached Absalom Station about Abysshead attempting to summon a demon during one of their shows.

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Diplomacy, untrained: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

I’ve heard some of their music, but don’t really know anything about them.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"I've heard of most of the bands. The only one that stands out for trouble is Lynthia the lead guitarist Abysshead is rumored to have poisoned an x lover. You say Zo! is hosting the show, that's exciting news! Do you know anything about the judges that might help us? One last question will we have time to shop a bit before the show to get ready?"


Prank War Map

Celita puts away the datapad as she states, "I'm glad you are excited, but not Zo! himself. We are still bound to fulfill more contracts made when Zo! provided the Society years back, but he himself will not be here for the event. Radat Sendu will hosting instead."

Ziggy gives an enthusiastic, "of course you can go shopping! You should be quick though! The show doesn't start for a while, but they still need a lot of help setting up!"

Dataphiles

NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 4 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +14 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 6/6 | Spark of Ingenuity 1/1 | Field Dressing 5/5 |

"I should get a new pair of leather pants then. Something tight and fashionable..."

Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

"Didn't Lita Starr go solo recently? I feel like I heard about that on my way in. Apparently she's doing well for herself!."

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

before set up starts, Jek runs and gets a Foam Grenade, Mk 1
and Riot Grenade, Mk 1

"I'll be right back. Want to get some nonlethal options for crowd control if needed."

Manifold Host

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 22/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 3/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

I-apvii is relieved that they are not being asked to *play* music, as they were somewhat concerned that the group had been summoned as performers. A pleasant and uneventful "show the flag" security gig with good music sounds quite relaxing, and they are sure nothing will go wrong. Any problems will probably be quietly and diplomatically resolved by the other PCs, and I-apvii can just be on hand to help with technical issues if needed and enjoy the music.

And maybe one of the stranded groups will have interesting historical instruments to examine?

culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Manifold Host

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 22/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 3/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

Before heading out, I-apvii activates their nanite sheeth, covering themselves in the deep black of space, speckled with glittering stars. I believe this will be more appropriate to the venue than my usual?
(+2 to Acrobatics, Athletics and Reflex.)

Acquisitives

"Djakar" | 820-712 | Female NG Icon Dirindi Envoy 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 +1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Blindsense (Electricity), Darkvision, Low-Light; Resistance 5 to Electricity

OUTSIDE ZIGGY's OFFICE

"Hello everyone, it's Djakar from the Dirindi News Network, and I'm currently embedded with the Starfinder Society! Today, we're going to joining in a mission involving all the things the Dirindi News Network loves best: music, celebrities and community!"

AT THE MISSION BRIEFING

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 12 + (3) = 27

Djakar listens silently to the mission briefing, until Celita mentions the judges. Then, Djakar says, "Here's what my colleague, Research Rat, and I have dug up on the judges and our host!"

Research Rat sighs and enables a holo projector while Djakar talks. The first image up is of Radat Sendu.

"Our host, Radat Sendu, is an elebrian jiang-shi vampire. He’s famous for hosting variety shows and pulling cruel and dangerous 'pranks' on performers, a tendency that is popular with Eoxian audiences."

"We have so much gossip on our next judge!" An image of Lita Starr appears next. The Diva looks pouty in the official DNN footage, and sticks her toungue out when she spots the camera. "Some sources allege that the reason Lita Starr's worked with so many bands is that her diva tendencies drove them to walk away."

"And now for our favorite SMC band member!" Djakar enthuses. "It's rumored Tsuchi-ko has a vast stuffed animal collection and is a combat-trained mech pilot. We here at DNN believe she can do anything she sets her mind to!"

The last picture shows a member of the Abysshead band bashing an ysoki cameraman that could be one of Research Rat's many cousins. "Finally, stories from Apostae recently reached Absalom Station about Abysshead attempting to summon a demon during one of their shows." Djakar smiles. "Is it true? Will the Starfinders be walking into certain doom and occult shenanigans? Well, if it happens here, you know that I'll be reporting it for all of you!"

When she's done reporting her segment, she returns to greet the party. "I'm back, everyone! Let's do this concert!"


Professional Hireling for Dirindi News Network: +7 Life Science, Mysticism, Physical Science ★ Professional Hireling for Chance: +7 Computers, Engineering, Physical Science

Research Rat stares at the image of the Abysshead band member breaking an instrument over an ysoki camera man's head. "I'm gonna need better head gear, aren't I?"

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

After seeing the Dirindi News Network report, Jek's antenna strighten up, a sure sign of concern.

"sounds like we might need to protect the fans and crew from some of the bands more than the bands from the fans. Besides helping with the setup, I'd like to do a safety inspection of the stage area and make sure all the lighting is secured. Are any of the bands planing to use pyrotechnics?"


Prank War Map

Ziggy seems to get excited at the sound of theatric displays, but Celita tells Jek, "that is a matter you might find out during set up. If there is anything needs to be coordinated, you may need to help depending on staff."

The Ruby Theater is familiar to almost the entire party already with the most of the party having recently been to this building a few months ago when on a mission to deal with old property controlled by Historia-Prime.

The Ruby Theater is located in Sparks, an industrial neighborhood in Absalom Station's Spike district. Sparks is home to countless engineering bays, custom tech shops, and starship component manufacturers.

It’s an incredibly noisy neighborhood, but the noise today is centered around the theatre as you see lines of people waiting for the show that will not start for several hours. There is excitement, music and jubilation that they don't focus on you.

However, from out of the All Hands community center, one individual focuses completely on you. Bargai Yarmin, the vlaka who operates the center signs to you all with a smile on her face, "Friends!

Fidget, a delighted skittermander wearing various pins celebrating the diverse bands of Absalom Station is right behind and translates for Bargai.

"It has been too long and so much to thank you for." Bargai looks back and smiles at the jubilant crowds and refurbished Theater as she tells you, "I have put much trust into the Society, but even then I have underestimated the good that you all have brought to our community. The renovations has given many the jobs here critical work in these times. Even now I know most of the locals are in there, working to help run the event."

"Even then, the fact that the Society is paying some of the proceeds to All Hands will go a long way to continue supporting the people here." Bargai struggles a bit as she becomes teary eyed.

Fidget nods in agreement as they note for themselves, "it is so much easier helping people with your help! Even going all-six I couldn't imagine helping so many people! I'm also meeting so many people coming the Sparks for the first time! This really exciting!"

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

We haven’t been down here since we examined the place. Any idea what they’ve done on the inside?


Prank War Map

Bargai she shakes her head and she signs, "I haven't been in there yet, so I'm not sure what they have changed." She thinks for a moment more before she adds, "workers have shared bits of what they have been doing while here.
I think they talked about removing loads of weaponry from a large stadium and replacing it with lighting?"
She looks questioningly, not certain if she read that right. She also signs, "they also talked about adjusting rooms to handle the larger amount of people passing through."

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Ikmanji nods at the description of replacing weaponry with lighting.

Given it is going to host a music competition, I’m hoping they made some of the space into concessions stands and such.

Dataphiles

NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 4 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +14 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 6/6 | Spark of Ingenuity 1/1 | Field Dressing 5/5 |

"I can help with any sound or lighting needs! I am quite familiar with stage equipment."


Prank War Map

Bargai signs, "given the time staff have been putting in, they are bound to still need help. You might have an easier time not going in through the front entrance, installing new entrances was near the first thing they did. They put in a few services entrances on the sides and I think a performer's entrance in the back." She pause to gesture generally where the new entrances are down the alleys. "That is how the rest of the staff have been getting in out out all today to try to avoid getting through the crowds."

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Ikmanji looks down the alley, then signals they understands.

See you later!” they say to Bargai and Fidget.

Looking to the rest of the group, they say “Ready?” and then they head towards the back door.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Looking at Bargai and Fidget.

"Glad to see things have gone well since we were last here. Good to see you again as well. Looks like we got some work to get to. Take care"

Jek falls in line with Ikmanji

Acquisitives

"Djakar" | 820-712 | Female NG Icon Dirindi Envoy 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 +1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Blindsense (Electricity), Darkvision, Low-Light; Resistance 5 to Electricity

"I have not met you before," Djakar says to Bargai. "May I interview you later, after the show?"

Then she follows the rest of the Starfinders as she heads down the alley.


Prank War Map

Passing by, you see that the Ruby Theater is completely abuzz with activity. There are long lines of fans talking to each other and getting pictures as they watch bands and crew going in and out of the building. On a digital street there are bright red letters proclaiming "Star Sugar Superstar!!! TONIGHT!!!"

You see a few fans pointing at you as they excitedly chatter as you move through one of the side entrances. You pass through some security before being stopped by a shirren who immediately accosts you, "where are your badges? Did you sneak through security? This area is for staff and crew. I do not have you in my records." Her antennae twitch with displeasure as the looks about you and your followers, her badge declare her name Pktesh.

There is a bit of a laugh from a rainbow-colored scaled vesk who is dressed in a clean professional attendant uniform. Her voice cuts through the air easily as she states, "I'm pretty sure those are the Starfinders, Pktesh. That isn't going to make them your friends."

Pktesh adjusts their frown into another kind of frown as they explain, "this is work, not the friend-making hour. You all should have nametags so this doesn't happens again." She hands you a set of slips for you to record your names, each have colorful borders with the event branding. She focuses on her her datapad as she corrects her notes. After a moment she tells you, "I understand you may have been familiar with the interior, but there have been changes. As you are providing general coverage for the event, you will have full access to all areas. There is work necessary across the site."

Gesturing to various directions she enumerates areas of interest, "the arena is that way and includes stages, seating, and judges' booth.

"Above there there are the catwalks where there are lighting, sound, cameras and other effects as necessary."

"There are a variety of service areas like this for the staff. Kitchen, break room, lockers, storage."

"The lobby is that way toward the public entrance. Ticket purchasing, concessions, merchandise, and public washrooms are in that area."

"Finally there is the backstage for performers, judges, and production staff. In that area are the sound booth, dressing rooms, washrooms, props/costumes department, and green rooms."

Their temperament does not change too much as they declare, "there is work necessary everywhere and it isn't lessening as the show approaches. I leave it to you to check the varying areas for tasks."

Her suggestion is that you all don't split up, but focus on one of the areas, unless you have any more questions, to help prepare the show.

Acquisitives

"Djakar" | 820-712 | Female NG Icon Dirindi Envoy 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 +1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Blindsense (Electricity), Darkvision, Low-Light; Resistance 5 to Electricity

"Excellent! Thank you, PKtesh!" Djakar looks over at the rainbow colored vesk. "And thank you as well! What's your name? I'm Djakar."

For once, Djakar does not mention the Dirindi News Network, figuring that will get PKtesh's ire up.

Then Djakar points up at the catwalks. "Shall we head that way first, since Triage expressed interest in lights and sound?" She grins at Research Rat. "It might give us a good view of the whole complex!"


Prank War Map

Heading up into the catwalks you find it far less crowded than the areas below. There are a few technicians among the catwalks and below, just over 50 feet away is the arena floor. You quickly draw the attention of a korasha lashunta who gives you smile as per turn away from a mounted speaker. Per hands move instinctively while greeting you, "Starfinder, welcome to the top here! I'm Liraeus and it is wonderful to meet you all. Me and Berish were just doing final adjustments on the sound and lighting systems. I would love a hand and I'm sure Berish would agree!"

Liraeus looks back toward Berish, an android with gray skin with white circuitry. For a moment you might suspect he is studying a piece of lighting before it is more apparent that he is just staring into space. After another call from Liraeus, he finally comes out of it and looks to you and gives a wave. "Sorry, just was looking over the seating. If you focus enough they form patterns..."

Thankfully most of the elements are in place and just minor adjustments need to be made.

To help set up things, you can make Acrobatics or Computers checks. Some professions can apply as well. Profession journalist can help with final camera placement as can Profession maintenance worker. Let me know if you have a profession that might apply!

Cognates

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Earlier

Ikmanji asks PKtesh “Was there time to remove all the weapons that used to be part of the complex, or were some intentionally kept for security purposes?

Really hope they got rid of the robot demons, but the whole grove could have stayed.

——

Catwalks

Ikmanji stays in place, allowing those better suited to this task to do what is needed.

Acquisitives

"Djakar" | 820-712 | Female NG Icon Dirindi Envoy 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 +1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Blindsense (Electricity), Darkvision, Low-Light; Resistance 5 to Electricity

"Hello Liraeus and Berish!" Djakar shakes hands. "This reminds me of the set-up at DNN! Here, let me help you with that camera placement!"

Profession Journalist: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

She also glances over at Berish. Is there anything obviously wrong with the android?

Would Sense Motive be appropriate here?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Prank War Map
Ikmanji wrote:

Earlier

Ikmanji asks PKtesh

Unwilling to cede the moment to converstation, Pktash focuses on her datapad as she answers, "the should have all been removed. Following the data scourge, safety inspectors strongly disfavor automated defense systems, even nonlethal."

Dismissively waving toward the backstage Pktash adds to Ikmanji's second comment to say, "those frivolous rooms are still in place, broken up in places to make for more individual spaces. There were more critical, public facing areas, to focus on during refurbishing.

Cognates

2 people marked this as a favorite.
2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek looks over at the seating looking for the pattern.

"Oh there, now I see the pattern too. I can give a hand in making sure the cameras are securely mounted but might need some help placing them."

Jek pulls out a wrench and gets to work.

Profession maintenance worker with tool kit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Manifold Host

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 22/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 3/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

I-apvii travels gingerly along the catwalks, taking up the whole walk way and spilling over the sides, looking more like an Urog monorail, checking cameras and lighting programs.

computers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Unfortunately I-apvii's large size and inability to reach many lights without dislodging others renders them largely unable to help.


Prank War Map

Liraeus happily returns Djakar's handshake as per responds with both sign and speech, "DNN? Wow! I welcome your talent even more!"

Berish looks back up from the cabling to Djakar and also accepts the handshake. He see Liraeus's smile and he nods along with per response. He responds with a , "yeah, I'm right with you."

Djakar Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 5 + (1) = 13

Checking with Berish's work, everything comes through as well set up and properly configured, but he seems to daydream far more than a typical android and without more direction is tending to let their mind wander off between the monotonous tasks.

He is happy to compare shapes and patterns within the masses of chairs, but seems to be akin to finding forms within clouds, especially with the movement of crews below.

I-apvii has difficulty getting across the area to the systems, but they are able to confirm some easier to check systems and Djakar and Jek are able to work with the crew to configure and test the systems.


Prank War Map

With Liraeus complimenting your work and Berish taking a moment to relax properly, you are all able to head back down to the station floor. As you get down though, you feel a looming presence that has closed in upon you. He is an uplifted bear that stands nearly 12 feet tall and easily towers over almost all of you. His black and white fur stands out against his sleek armor. Looking far up you can see attached to his body armor the colorful nametag labeled "Orgo".

He give a stoic and silent stare as he looks down at you all and he is certain to have your attention. Even speaking low and calm, his voice carries far, "your presence has been requested in Lita Starr's dressing room by the previously named Lita Starr."

"You will follow me." Without waiting for a response he walks away toward the backstage, his pace setting a tone that he expects others to make way for his mass of muscle.

He leads you to the dressing rooms into one that has a set of pastel blues and greens coloring the walls and the floors covered in synthetic grass. There are a number of furnishing, chairs and a table within the room.

Within the room you see a number of people. Relaxing in a comfortable chair is Lita Staar. She is a feychild gnome with dark blue hair and gold highlights. Her black outfit is highlighted by her bright pink, fluffy scarf. She idly flicks through her comm unit while relaxing.

Hunched over the table there are a pair of people working on a stack of pictures. One is an uplifted bear like Orgo, but by his label names him Omo. He sits on a tree stump rather than attempt to use any of the relatively tiny chairs. The other is a verthani named Karalie. She has silver hair and her face is covered with stars that are the same color as her golden pupils.

Orgo announces your entrance, "Boss, the Starfinders you have requested the assistance from have arrived."

Lita looks up from her comm unit and smiles brightly at you all. Bouncing from the seat she calls out, "You're here! Thanks so much for helping!"

Without waiting she gesture to the table that is filled with her headshots and says, "I need to get all these pictures autographed before the show starts so I can make sure every fan gets one! Go ahead and grab a pen and get signing. Using a real pen instead of a stamp adds an air of authenticity, don't you think?"

With the task places she slips back into the seat and returns her full attention to the comm unit.

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Puzzled, Ikmanji says “So sign our names on them?

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 4 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +14 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 6/6 | Spark of Ingenuity 1/1 | Field Dressing 5/5 |

Back on the catwalk...

"Here, let me." Triage moves I-apvii to the side and takes control of the light board. His fingers flash across as he types commands away...

Computers: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Creating a dazzling display of options for various acts. All the board operator has to do is pick the one they think best for each moment!

Present

"I think she wishes for us to sign her name on them."

Manifold Host

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 22/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 3/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

I-apvii is very puzzled. "It is more authentic for someone else to sign your name than for you to stamp your name?"

Acquisitives

"Djakar" | 820-712 | Female NG Icon Dirindi Envoy 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 +1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Blindsense (Electricity), Darkvision, Low-Light; Resistance 5 to Electricity

Djakar looks at the pen she's been handed, and hands it off immediately to Research Rat.

1 to 50 of 438 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blazej's SFS 5-08: Tarnished Legacy Star Sugar Superstar All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

Current Characters


Jakaw Razorbeak
Dark Archive Ashbourne

(495 posts)
Ash
Blazej Bot


played by Zynete (27 posts)
Magnifying glass
Acquisitives Dirindi News Network

"Djakar" | 820-712 | Female NG Icon Dirindi Envoy 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 +1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Blindsense (Electricity), Darkvision, Low-Light; Resistance 5 to Electricity

played by Hmm (114 posts)
Augmented
Wayfinders Driftbourne


played by Ashbourne (1,098 posts)
Fire Giant King
GM Blazej

Prank War Map

played by Zynete (2,953 posts)
Harsk
Wayfinders Grognard Erraticus

Male N Dwarf Precog 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft | Paradoxes: 16

played by DebugAMP (176 posts)
Apsu (Symbol)
Manifold Host I-apvii

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 22/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 3/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

played by FLite (133 posts)
Kaklatath the Seeded
Cognates Ikmanji

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

played by BretI (309 posts)
Laurel
Grand Archive Jared Thaler - Personal Opinion


played by FLite (616 posts)
Colonist
Cognates Jekcedo

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

played by Ashbourne (540 posts)
Half-Orc
NPC Buddy

Gus, male half-orc actor | Diplomat professional hireling | +8 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate

played by BretI (46 posts)
Rat
Research Rat

Professional Hireling for Dirindi News Network: +7 Life Science, Mysticism, Physical Science ★ Professional Hireling for Chance: +7 Computers, Engineering, Physical Science

played by Hmm (58 posts)
Elf
Dataphiles Triage-347

NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 4 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +14 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 6/6 | Spark of Ingenuity 1/1 | Field Dressing 5/5 |

played by Serzul (295 posts)