GM Blazej's SFS 5-08: Tarnished Legacy Star Sugar Superstar (Inactive)

Game Master Zynete


101 to 150 of 438 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Ikmanji gives Research Rat a nudge and reminds him “Photo op with Wonder’s Doll.

I expect that they will want to do that, but no need to hold up the team.
They can just say ‘Earlier…’ when they get around to posting it.


Prank War Map

Triage is able to apply some of their abilities to manage the display and distribution of the treats. The extra hand gives a few more smiles as people who are usually left out given their nutritional needs are given attention. Triage gets a few special thanks for the work.

* * *

Currently in the backstage the party goes through the area and checks with staff on any rumbling issues. The area is packed with dozens of band members, and a multitude more crew and staff running equipment and costumes around.

Amidst this is a stage hand running around from band to band with a load of datapads in hand. She is a short space goblin named Uku and her stagehand uniform has been dressed up in colorful neon bands. You see her screech to a halt right in front of a cylindrical SRO with a number of limbs adjusting a cobbled together electric guitar

Pulling a scratched datapad form her mouth she tells them, "alright! Bad news! New plan! Good news! There is a plan! Celine Machine is going to be the second band, right after KaWyrd."

The SRO, Celine, takes a look at the pad and make dull noise as it fails to reconcile this information. "THIS REVISION DATA CONFLICTS WITH OTHER ORDERS OF EQUAL STANDING."

Celine produces their own datapad that Uku is left staring at for a moment as she says, "oh no, looks like the wrong batch of orders went out by accident." With beep on one her datapads, Uku shuffles them around a bit as she notes, "and Absa-Wow has a band member not checked in yet! We might need to move them up a slot."

If you offer to help, Uku is delighted to share some of the load. "Sorry! This turned into a bit of a mess. It all started when we need to shift around a couple bands in the schedule. I didn't realize how hard it was to organize people like this! Could you help get the new information to the performers and make sure everyone is checked in?"

To help organize, everyone can attempt a Culture or Diplomacy check.

Acquisitives

"Djakar" | 820-712 | Female NG Icon Dirindi Envoy 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 +1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Blindsense (Electricity), Darkvision, Low-Light; Resistance 5 to Electricity

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 12 + (2) = 34

"Research Rat, I need a clipboard to look official..." After ysoki scrambles to get Djakar her equipment, she emits a stage whistle.

"LISTEN UP! I need all band leaders to meet me over by the stage. The sooner we get this schedule finalized, the sooner you all get to go back to snacks, makeup and practice for your sessions. Ready? If we get this done quickly, there might even be time for interviews with DNN. Your band could be leading news on our network!"

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek tries to help out Djakar get people's attention by jumping in the air and waving their arms so people can see where to go.

"You heard her band leaders over here, lets's get the show on the road."

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Ikmanji looks to Gus and says “Do you know anything about this sort of stuff?

When Gus nods, they follow Gus around trying to look like they are actually helping.


Gus, male half-orc actor | Diplomat professional hireling | +8 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate

Gus quickly looks over the schedule and prioritizes things by the revised order they are to perform. He doesn’t know much about the acts, but he has had enough situations where a writer or director makes a last minute change that he at least understands what is going on.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Prank War Map

Uku eyes light up as she watches Djakar work. Going into a bag she manages to pull out a clipboard that had been repaired with a generous application of gray tape.

Djakar is able to get the attention over a dozen bands as they settle down enough for her to call out assignments over the room. Quickly she, Gus, and Jek are able to get out a definitive schedule for the bands. While it is possible things still could change, the staff at least will not be struggling to keep afloat as they are now ahead on time.

The space goblin's admiration is clear as she states, "I didn't realize you were THAT Djakar! If I were to ask another favor, and I'm sorry because I'm sure you get a lot, I was wondering there were any positions on camera, because I would really like to be on camera someday. That is why I'm here to maybe get on stage when they do a play! But maybe I can try out?"

She seems to understand that she is likely to be denied, but she doesn't seem to have hesitation in trying at least.

* * *

The group, having managed the backstage chaos into a weaker chaos, is just about to head to the lobby when a ysoki in a sharp, dark blue business suit approaches you. From behind a set of dark black smart-glasses they ask, "if you have a moment Starfinders. If I could have help with a matter requiring some..." they look over the party but focus on Djakar, Research Rat, and the camera. "discretion."

They wait a moment for affirmation as they ask you to step aside to the side of the room. They approach close enough to not have to speak loudly as they tell you, "I am Vedla, manager for K1ng Ch0rd. A matter has come up and K1ng Ch0rd would like to speak to you in his dressing room when you have a moment." Their tone gives the matter a suggestion of significant import, but less than a serious emergency.

Vedla head to the dressing rooms and leaves it to you approach at your own convenience. You are able to settle the remaining matters of the backstage easily before following.

Heading to the dressing rooms, Vedla stands before K1ng Ch0rd's door. With a nod to the equipment as a reminder of the request of discretion, they open the door and allow you in while they make sure no one else can follow.

Inside the room and a number of abacus's have been mounted on the wall for either storage or decoration. Sitting in a chair in the darkened room is presumably K1ng Ch0rd (Image?) wearing a paper bag over his head. He looks up and makes sure the bag is secure as you enter into the room. His deep voice is strained as he explains, "I won't waste your time and get straight to the matter. My one-of-a-kind vidscreen helmet is missing and I can't go onstage without it."

"As childish as it might seem, it has been the only way I have been able to keep my private life separate from my celebrity persona." He hesitates for a moment before suggesting, "there are very few places where it could have been left and they have all been searched multiple times. I believe someone stole my helmet. I don't want to draw a lot of attention to this, but I need to ask if you could see if you can find my equipment and return it."

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Ikmanji hesitates for just a moment, then asks “Is there any sort of tracking device or ability to remotely ping your helmet? Anything unique about it that could be scanned for?

Manifold Host

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 22/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 3/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

I-apvii wracks their mind for anyone they passed who could have been smuggling such a helmet.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/3| Active conditions: None.

"Where have you looked already, so we don't waste time looking there again?"

Dataphiles

NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 4 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +14 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 6/6 | Spark of Ingenuity 1/1 | Field Dressing 5/5 |

“We will do our best! Surely it is somewhere close at hand.”

Acquisitives

2 people marked this as a favorite.
"Djakar" | 820-712 | Female NG Icon Dirindi Envoy 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 +1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Blindsense (Electricity), Darkvision, Low-Light; Resistance 5 to Electricity

Before

"I am indeed that Djakar!" Djakar hands Uku a holographic card. "We're always looking for new correspondents. Contact me tomorrow about a screen test, or do you have a vid log already that I can watch?"

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Afterwards

"Oh, we can be the absolute soul of discretion!" Djakar reassures Vedla. How sincere this statement is, I am not certain that even Djakar knows herself.


Professional Hireling for Dirindi News Network: +7 Life Science, Mysticism, Physical Science ★ Professional Hireling for Chance: +7 Computers, Engineering, Physical Science

Research Rat discreetly coughs into a handknerchief. "Yeah, discretion is Djakar's by-word."

Acquisitives

"Djakar" | 820-712 | Female NG Icon Dirindi Envoy 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 +1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Blindsense (Electricity), Darkvision, Low-Light; Resistance 5 to Electricity

"My colleagues have all asked great questions, so I'll ask two more," says Djakar. "Do you have any enemies amongst your rival performers? Or perhaps any particularly obsessed fans?"


Prank War Map
Ikmanji wrote:
Ikmanji hesitates for just a moment, then asks “Is there any sort of tracking device or ability to remotely ping your helmet? Anything unique about it that could be scanned for?

"No, there isn't a way to locate it that I know of." K1ng Ch0rd answers treats Ikmanji's question as though it were an idea he previously had. "The person who put it together pointed out that having a way to track the helmet may cause issues for privacy."

Answering Jek, he is brief in outline, "my transportation and my dressing room. There are few places it would have naturally found itself."

Answering with a nod to Djakar's questions K1ng Ch0rd explains, "as long as I have been in the industry, there are always people you clash. None I would describe as enemies though. There are a few fans that have overstepped my personal boundaries, but Vedla didn't see any on staff."

You all can search and investigate this case!

You can both:
Search for the helmet using Perception.
Locate anyone acting suspiciously with Sense Motive.

Manifold Host

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 22/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 3/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

I-apvii will look around.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Acquisitives

"Djakar" | 820-712 | Female NG Icon Dirindi Envoy 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 +1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Blindsense (Electricity), Darkvision, Low-Light; Resistance 5 to Electricity

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 5 + (2) = 19

Djakar keep three eyes out for suspicious characters.

Cognates

2 people marked this as a favorite.
2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek looks high and low for the helmet while mumbling something about looking for a missing wrench. When one of the stagehands points out Jek has a wrench in his hand. Jek nervously replies.

"No no, Not this wrench. My other wrench looks just like it," Jek pauses for a bit before adding. "just shorter"

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Jek feeling they are being too suspicious looking for the helmet, Jek starts people watching, seeing if anyone else is looking suspicious. Trying to look busy Jek pretends to be using his com unit to order a pizza.

"Hello. Yes I'd like to order a pizza, what options do you have for the crust, Oh, that many options that's great let me think... " A few minutes later Jek gets to the topping options. "Could you repeat all the topping options, I may have to get a few more pizzas to fit all my choices so many options.... What planets do you have mushrooms from? 7 types of Veskarium cheese you say, I'd like a Veggie lover's pizza with all the odd options, and a meat lover's pizza with all the even-numbered options from your menu but no meat from Eox, and a combo with" Jek pauses to think "can you repeat all the options again..."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP
GM Blazej wrote:
"The person who put it together pointed out that having a way to track the helmet may cause issues for privacy."

True. I think many of those could be handled by having someone you trust take custody of it outside an event, so it is still worth thinking about in the future.

Then they go off and start searching. They fully expect someone else to find it and notify the group.
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Eense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Prank War Map

I-apvii is able to scan the backstage, but doesn't see the unique helmet standing out especially with some of the band's equipment. The variety of costumes and instruments like Mecha-Crash's power armor or Celine Machine's kit-bashed instruments all grab attention, but the helmet isn't set out in an obvious spot.

Same for Ikmanji, no one stands out and it isn't in an easy to access hiding spot. It could very well be hidden the catwalk as it would be difficult to impossible to see it from the ground.

Uku nods to Jek as she indicates that she understands what Jek is getting at and runs off while they can continue searching. This gives them a few more minutes of searching and, Jek catches sight of what seems to be K1ng Ch0rd's visor. It was buried underneath a mess of cabling.

While Jek attempts to look busy while watching the people passing by, both Jek and Djakar notice the unabashed Radat Sendu (Picture) hopping down the backstage with particularly pleased grin on his face. He already seem to be made up for the event, his nails painted and his paper talisman painted with a fresh neon script.

He takes moments to call out to staff and band members along the way, "I love your style, it just kills me! Haha!"

Gesturing across the area he calls out to Jek, "ordering pizza? I'll have mine with no garlic! Ha! I kid, I kid! Love garlic!"

And he reacts to Uku running right underfoot a she searches the backstage for a wrench. "Woah there! Got to slow down, watch your head! Hahaha!" He has a huge laugh as he partially explains, "yeah, just thought of a joke, I'll share it later!"

It is apparent to Jek that Radat is up to something.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek takes a look under the cables to see if what looks like a visor might be the helmet.

later Jek hears the request for Garlic and asks.

"What kind of garlic they have lots of options!" Jek looks at his com unit with an angry expression flexing their antenna straight up. Damn it, they hung up again hows a shirren suppose to choose from all those options so quickly!"

Trying to keep an eye on Radat Sendu without looking too obvious Jek telepathically lets the rest of the part know what's up.

"This Radat Sendu looks like they are up to something keep an eye on them, and don't trust what they say about garlic."

Jek turns to Radat Sendu.

"I'm not having any luck ordering pizza, but we're where helping set up backstage is there any last minute help you need?"

Dataphiles

NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 4 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +14 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 6/6 | Spark of Ingenuity 1/1 | Field Dressing 5/5 |

Triage will make their way to the pile of cables and begin to dig the helmet out.

Manifold Host

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 22/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 3/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

I-apvii moves to try to cut off Radat Sendu's escape path, trying to be unobtrusive in the process.

stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

(telepathically)"Remind me who this person is...?"

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/3| Active conditions: None.

(Telepathically)"I think he works for Zo! just keep an eye on him. Not sure what he's up to yet, but he's up to something."

Culture check for more info on Radat Sendu.
Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Prank War Map

"That is a shame on that pizza order kid, that is a poor deal no matter how you slice it. Haha!" Radat Sendu doesn't stop too long for Jek, but seems content to hop and talk as he goes through the backstage.

Radat holds his arms out and waves them away to dismiss the need for help, "I appreciate the offer, but at the moment all is shaping up for an entertaining spectacle I might say. With this production, I'm sure the audience will have a whole new perspective on their favorite bands and the judges as well!" He smirks as he continues to bound along adding, "I hope you enjoy yourself as well!"

Radat is the host of this show and was specifically called out during the meeting as working for the Zo! network. Jek is also familiar with information Djakar shared during the mission briefing. He's famous for hosting variety shows and pulling cruel and dangerous "pranks" on performers, a tendency that is popular with Eoxian audiences.

Triage is able to retrieve the helmet. A quick look over reveals it doesn't seem to have suffered any damage thankfully. I-apvii hasn't noticed I-apvii discretely positioning themselves as of yet.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek wishes Radat Sendu good luck with the show and heads back to the rest of the party, and lets them in on what Radat Sendu said.

"I was talking to Radat Sendu and he said something about the audience will have a whole new perspective on their favorite bands and the judges. I think he took the helmet to expose K1ng Ch0rd as some prank. Sounds like that's not the only prank he has planned, but I have no idea what the other pranks are."

Manifold Host

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 22/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 3/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

(telepathically.)"We should check on the rest of the judges, just to be safe."

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/3| Active conditions: None.

"Judges and bands, and we got a band that likes to summon demons. It's going to be a rough show, I fear. Does anyone know how to deal with demons?"

Dataphiles

NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 4 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +14 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 6/6 | Spark of Ingenuity 1/1 | Field Dressing 5/5 |

"I'll go return this to K1ng Ch0rd real quick and make sure nothing else lays in store for him." Triage scurries off to K1ng Ch0rd's dressing ro0m and does a quick visual scan for anything out of place or out of the ordinary before returning the helmet.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


Prank War Map

Triage reviews the helmet and doesn't find anything that stands out indicating that it has been manipulated. Based on how the helmet laid with the cables, he is fairly certain it was purposefully placed there and that it couldn't have ended up there by accident.

Returning to the dressing room both Vedla and then K1ng Ch0rd both do their own checks of the helmet. With a quick thanks, Triage is dismissed from the room while the technorapper gets changed.

A minute later K1ng Ch0rd steps out in his distinctive visors that is presents images of of a field of stars. (Picture of K1ng Ch0rd) "It seems to be working perfectly and no signs of tampering. Without your entry the options I would have been left are leaving entirely or buffoonery." The mask's image shifts to having the stars vanish, then pictures of balloons and clowns fill the display. "Instead I can present the bands with the respect they deserve and offer a proper admiration of their talent." The images once again shifts as the balloons pop in a spray of fireworks until they form colorful musical signatures.


Prank War Map

Performing a quick review of the other judges you don't find any other issues with K1ng Ch0rd.

Tsuchi-ko is in her dressing room getting ready for event. Faleen confirms that she is fine in a brief check and once again thanks you for the desert delivery.

You are able to find Lita Starr near the break room as she is directing Omo and Orgo to install a chocolate fountain. She gives an enthusiastic cheer to you and is easily heard at a distance, "Oh hello Starfinders! I was just setting up this as a thank for the staff here. You are all invited to partake. I'm sure you are all just bound to enjoy it since you didn't have to get it yourselves!"

Lynthia (Picture) actually finds you as she comes up to you, with her make up half complete. One of her eyes is made up while the other isn't. "If you are looking to give a hand, I'll gladly take it. Someone bumped into me and wrecked my eyeshadow palette when I was getting ready."

"I use Scandal’s Ninefold Midnight, but I already checked with the crew here already and they don't have a replacement. Unless you have anything on hand yourself, I'll need to you make a run to get some."

If one of the you have a disguise kit or professional's tool for a relevant profession, such as beautician or makeup artist, you can attempt do Lynthia’s makeup yourselves by succeeding at a Disguise, Sleight of Hand, or an applicable Profession check.

If not, all of you can attempt either a Culture check to quickly locate a store that carries the obscure makeup brand, or a Fortitude save to hustle between shops until someone finds it.

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Ikmanji looks at Lynthia and says “It we can’t find that, would a visor over one eye work?

They do a quick search of the infosphere and bring up an example.

Since I know this group has people with Culture, I will wait to see if the Fortitude check is required.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek gets out their com unit and uses the Shirren shopping browser that, specializes in search results based on the number of options a store has to get a list of nearby stores.

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"I got a list of stores with lots of makeup options. Hard to tell if they have what we are looking for."

Dataphiles

NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 4 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +14 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 6/6 | Spark of Ingenuity 1/1 | Field Dressing 5/5 |

Triage will aid in a Culture Check.

"It is obscure, but if we split up we may just get lucky. I can send everyone a list of stores to check on their own so we don't waste any time."

Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Manifold Host

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 22/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 3/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)
Jekcedo wrote:
"Judges and bands, and we got a band that likes to summon demons. It's going to be a rough show, I fear. Does anyone know how to deal with demons?"

(Telepathically)"Hitting them very hard has worked so far for me."

"If someone will point me to some likely stores, I will hustle forth and procure it. The puppy could use some exercise"

(I-apvii's fortitude is higher than their culture.)

fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

On the way they detour through a park so that the puppy can relieve themselves, I-apvii courteously cleaning up the resulting molten mess wearing *very* thick gloves. This does however cost precious time.


Prank War Map

Lynthia shakes her head as he responds to Ikmanji's suggestion. "I rather just go on without makeup. I already get enough questions that I don't want 'what happened to your eye' among them."

Jek and Triage divide up some likely stores, but some are closed up while others aren't carrying any stock of the eyeshadow. "I'm sorry we don't have any in stock right now, with the Drift Crisis distribution is far more hectic. We might be able to fulfill an order in about three weeks."

I-apvii has similar efforts going through various stories which all have stacks of supplies. Going through them one after another, asking if they have any in their systems the answer seems to be no.

Ikmanji can attempt the Fortitude save safely, there isn't risk of fatigue on failure.

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Ikmanji says “Give me part of the list, I will check them in the opposite order as I-apiv.

They then go scuttling off to try and find some makeup, having on a name to go by. For some reason, it isn’t the sort of thing that most Ijtikri use. They get a little turned around trying to find the stores.

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Fort, novas: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 3 = 17

Acquisitives

"Djakar" | 820-712 | Female NG Icon Dirindi Envoy 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 +1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Blindsense (Electricity), Darkvision, Low-Light; Resistance 5 to Electricity

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
MLK Hero Point: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Djakar thinks about where DNN purchases their makeup for the news staff.


Prank War Map

Djakar hits up the various DNN suppliers, but the standard sets use other manufacturers that do not have the right appearance for the Abysshead aesthetics.

Going down dark and dead end alleys and eventually leads your search to a random shop full of odds and ends. The vesk shopkeeper gives a predatory grin as he says, "you be in luck then. I have an importer from Apostae who sent a batch of bundle of that junk. I'll give it, for the right price."

The supply he provides is good and Lynthia's credits easily cover the cost. Connecting with the group and returning back to the Ruby Theater, you find Lynthia waiting in her room. The dressing room has a couple new chairs, but has the appearance of a fiendish place. At the center is a heater and along the edges are depictions of the souls of the damned. Lynthia's guitar and gear handing from some models of hands coming out the walls.

Lynthia gives you a nod as you return saying, "was starting to think there wasn't a decent supply left anywhere on this station." She gives a check and smiles with confirmation. Before you head off though she tells you all to hold up for a second as she cracks open one of her bags.

She pulls out a handle with a ribbon secured around a shaft. She passes it over to Ikmanji as she notes, "was planning on using it during a performance. Changed my mind and now it was just gathering dust. Rather toss it to one of you rather than try to sell it off."

She decribes it as a student plasma ribbon. It is an advanced melee weapon with a few unique traits.

Who do you want to see or where do you want to go to next?


Prank War Map

As you leave the backstage in favor for seeing how tings are working in the Lobby, Uku runs up to your group with a toothy smile on her face. She strides up to Jek and hands them a wrench, "took a while, but I thin k I found it in the supply closet!"

And to Djakar she also adds, "I finally got a link to my demo vids. I'll send it over and I welcome all the feedback!"

* * *

The theater lobby is the least crowded of the areas at the event so far. It is far more open and comfortable for most. It doesn't have the constant hustle and bustle of the backstage and service areas.

That is true for now at least, until the lines of people waiting outside are let in.

Your entrance is announced by a half-orc named Aldrizane working concessions. They are wearing their black hair tied up in a bun and raise their arms as you enter. "Behold the Starfinders have arrived!"
"Help is something we have been deprived,"
"Plead for you aid with the e-ticketing system,"
"Without it the fans will..."

They pause for a bit as they murmur through through various words as they figure out what to say.

The rainbow hued vesk, Razeral, that you saw before interrupts to inform you, "the e-ticketing system is broken. Not sure what the issue is, but it hasn't been able to maintain a connection. Tech is busy checking the arena, you think you can help." She is dressed in the most bold and defining clothing and is the greeter for the event. She directs you to the various kiosks that are showing various configuration errors.

To fix the kiosks you all can attempt Computers, Engineering, or something like Profession (maintenance worker) checks.

Acquisitives

2 people marked this as a favorite.
"Djakar" | 820-712 | Female NG Icon Dirindi Envoy 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 +1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Blindsense (Electricity), Darkvision, Low-Light; Resistance 5 to Electricity
Aldrizane wrote:

"Behold the Starfinders have arrived!"

"Help is something we have been deprived,"
"Plead for your aid with the e-ticketing system,"
"Without it the fans will..."

Djakar beams and rewrites the last line. "The fans need us to assist them!"

Then she pulls out her toolkit. "I used to do tech jobs back in college before getting the gig with DNN. We'll get this up in no time!"

Computers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Cognates

1 person marked this as a favorite.
2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek takes the wrench from Uku

"Uku thank you so much. Just in time, I need to try to fix this e-ticketing system. Silly me, I left the wrench right where it supposes to be. I should have looked for it there first. It's been such a crazy busy day. Can you help me fix this and then put the wrench back for me? That would be a huge help."

Jek will check all the e-ticketing system cables and connections, leaving the work on the machine itself to those skilled in computers.

if Uku helps Jek with the cables
Jek works with Uku unplugging and checking all the connections, asking Uku to tighten some of the connections here and there, and then double-checking the work.

"Uku can you tighten that connection for me. Looking good. Now plug this one back in. You're a natural at this! Looks like we're done here. Thanks for the help, Uku, can you put the wrench away for me now? I don't want to forget about it, that would be a huge help. We still got more work to do before the show starts."

Profession maintenance worker with tool kit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


Prank War Map

Aldrizane face lights up with Djakar's addition. "Yo! I didn't know you were hiding more skills behind your reports Djakar!" They show a burst of enthusiasm as they prepare sets of food and snack for the ever-hungry fans.

Uku wide grin broadens as she gladly dives in and helps go through the variety of cabling. Both Djakar and Jek are able to get straight to the core of the issue. Some reconfiguration, resorted cables, firmware updates, and plenty of rebooting later has all the all the systems fully operational.

Razeral shakes her head in amazement as she says, "I can't believe you got through it so fast. I don't think I could have connected to support faster than you fixed the whole thing. I'll give you a call if they short out again."

Filling a bucket of popcorn Aldrizane declares, "once more you have shown, doubter's minds be blown!"
"When Starfinders face a barrier, they will nova through it like ... a ..."

He struggles a bit with the line, but continues to work as they try to work on their rhymes.


Prank War Map

With only one location left to double check in likely exhausting hours prior to the show, the party heads to the familiar arena. All the laser markings have been removed and cleaned and the seating is all prepared to host a large show.

There are some staff here as well as the kasatha, Senbahi, is excitedly gesturing to the ysoki cook, Keeji. Keeji is setting a set of food for the stage crew as they speak with Senbahi with rapid gestures.

On stage you see the underground rock bank, Sonic Tumult, waiting around testing equipment as staff do sound checks. Their lead singer Sayozo (Picture, a vesk with spines in a rainbow of different hues, smiles on stage in between tossing quick brief tests into the mike.

Going through the area you start to see that the stage crew needs some help with some last minute adjustments, but before you can into that, you see Senbahi and Keeji in a brawl as they throw fists at each other. Being right on hand, Sayozo is immediately leaping into the fray as they try to separate the two. You can see Sayozo taking a few errant punches in the process.

Someone needs to make a Athletics, Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check to end this altercation before anyone gets more hurt.

In addition, you can already tell Sayozo is going to need some medical treatment, either in the form of magical (any spell or ability to restore HP) or even just a medicine check.

Acquisitives

"Djakar" | 820-712 | Female NG Icon Dirindi Envoy 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 +1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Blindsense (Electricity), Darkvision, Low-Light; Resistance 5 to Electricity

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 13 + (1) = 32

"This is not the place for this!"

Djakar looks at the caterer and the backstage crew person. "We're all here to have the best concert ever, right? So tell me now what is going on, so we can get this sorted and get back to supporting the concert, as we are ALL here to do."

Does Inspiring Boost work on NPC allies?

Cognates

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP
GM Blazej wrote:

Filling a bucket of popcorn Aldrizane declares, "once more you have shown, doubter's minds be blown!"

"When Starfinders face a barrier, they will nova through it like ... a ..."

He struggles a bit with the line, but continues to work as they try to work on their rhymes.

…like a plunging breaker?

Ikmanji gives this rhyming a try. Might work better for a crowd of oceanographers.

——

Ikmanji rushes forward to separate them. Good thing Djakar had already calmed things down.

Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Professional Hireling for Dirindi News Network: +7 Life Science, Mysticism, Physical Science ★ Professional Hireling for Chance: +7 Computers, Engineering, Physical Science

Research rat gives himself a dope slap, and then whispers to Ik, "...like a rabid terrier."


Prank War Map
Dirindi News Network wrote:
Does Inspiring Boost work on NPC allies?

Yes it does to my knowledge. I'll at least guarantee it works here given the situation.

Ijmanji has trouble breaking the pair apart immediately as they roll across the floor, but Djakar call out breaks the pair of them up.

Senbahi and Keeji expressions look equally embarrassed and furious. The latter part dying off quickly as the heat from the fight fades away. Sayozo rubs a few of their wounds but leaves the matter to you. tries just shake them off as they hold their tongue from butting into the business.

Both of the brawlers talk over one another and, frustrated, voice their complaints. Senbahi awkwardly stammers out, "I don't know why they got so mad, I was just talking about our families."

Keeji gives a frustrated response, "no, you talking about that my family, out there in the drift are just loving being lost and away from home!"

The kasatha dismisses this with all her arms as she, "you know didn't mean it that way! I'm the farthest I've been from my family on the Idari and I'm seeing the universe in a whole new way! I only thought they would be a just a day away, but now they... I'm- I'm sure your family..."

Senbahi struggles to find the right words, her frustration as her own fears struggling while Keeji worries are being brought to a boil. Both seem to be having a burst of stress into anger that is now cooling down.

Sayozo nods along with both of them, but hold their tongue from butting into the business without request.

Manifold Host

2 people marked this as a favorite.
They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 22/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 3/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)
GM Blazej wrote:


Filling a bucket of popcorn Aldrizane declares, "once more you have shown, doubter's minds be blown!"
"When Starfinders face a barrier, they will nova through it like ... a ..."

He struggles a bit with the line, but continues to work as they try to work on their rhymes.

I-apvii helpfully (and telepathically) "Like a Cyclone?"

A, A, B, A is a perfectly valid rhyme scheme.

Manifold Host

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 22/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 3/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

I-apvii is completely out of their depths on the subject of families, and especially drift stranded families, and slips off to see if they can help the techs with the delayed adjustments.

101 to 150 of 438 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blazej's SFS 5-08: Tarnished Legacy Star Sugar Superstar All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.