GM Doug's Guardian's Covenant (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

Slide Deck | Character Macros


1 to 50 of 184 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Heed the call for heroes!


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Tall yew bushes cast shadows at your feet. You stand at the entrance to a hedge maze — the maze of the open road — a place of legend that few Pathfinders have the honor of traversing. You're gathered here behind the Woodsedge Lodge in Galt at the behest of Venture-Captain Bjersig Torrsen, who has requested you for a diplomatic mission (of sorts) in far-away Arcadia, at the new Port Valen lodge!

There is a guide here to take you through the maze, as well as some other Pathfinders. You have a few moments to introduce yourself before beginning the journey.

Those of you who've played #2-04: Path of Kings on your PC may already be familiar with Port Valen. Instead of a grueling journey across the iceberg-ridden ocean, you get to hike through the maze of the open road, which now connects to Arcadia. You will have time to purchase supplies after the mission briefing ont he other side.

Horizon Hunters

A bipedal humanoid dog carrying a battleaxe strapped to his back stands before the hedge maze. His brown and white fur is running a little longer than usual these past few years as Pugsley has been traveling since fleeing his cushy palace of an estate where he lived for numerous years.

Pugsley mutters and snorts as his body has difficulty breathing through his smashed face as he stares onward. "Please tell me I wasn't called into this maze to sniff our way out?" He looks to the others. "Name is Pugsley. Pugsley Higmor the III." He gives a small curt bow.

Radiant Oath

LG Male (he/him) Shoony Transmuter 4 | HP 34/34| AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +10 | Perc: +8 (Low Light Vision) | Speed 35ft| Hero Points 1/3 | Exploration Mode: Detect Magic | Active conditions:. Mage Armor, Longstrider

Short, shaggy, and leaning on a staff is a Shoony named Domwurd. A dedicated Pathfinder who has shown a knack for transmutation magic, Domwurd is a notable character in that he's diligent about following the rules and doing the right thing. That said, some agents have noted that his book smarts doesn't always translate into street smarts.

At the moment he's holding a dog-eared tome in his other hand, studying the arcane syllables that glow dimly on its pages. But when Pugsley speaks up he snaps the spellbook shut. "If they brought us for our noses, they've made a mistake. Nice to meet you, Pugsley. I'm Domwurd."

He obviously does not sniff Pugsley's butt.

Horizon Hunters

"Dog-gone it! Howl you doing?" Pugsley smiles and shakes the Shoony's paw and not the typical Shoony public greeting. "There going to be more Shoony's joining us?" He looks over Domwurd's shoulder. "Darn right they made a mistake. Aroden did me no favors, creating a mug like this that can't breath." He begins to curse Aroden on being so self-righteous and fool-hardy.

Horizon Hunters

CN female human (half-orc) swashbuckler 4 | HP 56/56 | AC 21/22 | F +9 R +12 W +8 | Perc +8 | Stealth +10 | Speed: 25/35 ft | Active Conditions: ---

A half-orc woman in a tricorn hat has several hatchets lined up on her belt.

"Well, hey there! I'm Rixette Bragg of the Risen Albatross! Captain Fane, the Pathfinder made her a Venture Captain, and then she gave the whole crew field commissions! I gotta say, you can't beat the time of going through that maze, but I kinda miss the experience of the sail to get here."

Radiant Oath

LG Male (he/him) Shoony Transmuter 4 | HP 34/34| AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +10 | Perc: +8 (Low Light Vision) | Speed 35ft| Hero Points 1/3 | Exploration Mode: Detect Magic | Active conditions:. Mage Armor, Longstrider

Domwurd, who has read many chronicles and has studied the Pathfinder Society in depth, mentally validates Rixette's claim.
Pathfinder Society Lore: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Kate - Domwurd is an Expert in Pathfinder Society Lore. Given that you created Fane, I'm happy for you to tell me how much he'll know about the Venture-Captain.

"I've heard of the Risen Albatross and Captain Fane. A privateer, right?"


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

The Pathifinder guide nods. I got you. No need to follow your nose. Believe there was more of you showin' up.

Vigilant Seal

Male Hobgoblin Duskwalker Investigator 4 | hp 48/48, hero 2/3 | AC 21, F+8 R+11 W+7 | Speed 25ft | Perception +7, Arcana +10, Crafting +12, Occultism +11, Society +12, Stealth +9 | Current Conditions:

Even for a Hobgoblin, Kralgang's pale ash-blue skin is unusual and unnerving, as if somehow frozen between the realms of life and death.

"Much is yet owed to this Pathfinder Society and I will always pay my debts. If the Lady of Graves wills me to be here, such is my destiny. I will endure any trials you put before me."

He turns to the other Pathfinders gathered:

"If this is the mission on which the Lady of Graves has chosen to take you, know that her will is inexorable. I will do my best to protect and aid you otherwise, as is my duty."

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 40/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

Another hobgoblin steps through, this one with more "traditional" coloring. However, what is definitely not traditional is the length of stout chain that he has coiled to his waist.

"Oh, good day, Kralgang. Didn't expect to see you here. How are you and the Lady of Graves doing?"

To the others, he says, "Good day. I am Haggra the Hobgoblin. Yes, I know it is obvious, but evidently some humans like to make that point exceptionally clear. I expect we have some sort of investigation to do, given that both Kralgang and I are assigned here.

"Wait, it is a diplomatic mission? Sigh. At least we aren't spending 2 months on the ocean."

Verdant Wheel

Interi (they/them) | LN conrasu fighter 4 | hp 34/62 | AC 21 (22 w/shield), F +10E, R+9E, W +11E | Hero Points: 1/3+coin | Speed 25ft | Perception +11E | Sunlight Healing: 1/1 | Focus Points: 1/1 | Battle Medicine used: | Current Conditions: | ◆◇↺

Slowly turning from the hedges is what you might be forgiven for assuming was a gnarled and twisted tree which was, until recently, standing perfectly still. Most of their many twisted, wooden limbs are stationary, though the black orb at their center contains the twinkling of sentience. They wield a large hammer in one hand, which occasionally crackles with electricity. "I am Interi, servant of the Waiting Void. I will endeavor not to be a liability on this diplomatic mission."

Horizon Hunters

CN female human (half-orc) swashbuckler 4 | HP 56/56 | AC 21/22 | F +9 R +12 W +8 | Perc +8 | Stealth +10 | Speed: 25/35 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"Indeed, Domwurd! Have you met her before?"

As Interi approaches, Rixette greets him enthusiastically. "It's my favorite avocado! How are you doing, Interi? I had to go on a mission without you; it was underwater and everything."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

What an interesting group. Looks like you're finally all here. The pathfinder leads you through the hedge maze, asking you to close your eyes in one part that seems to be riddled with strange broken statues.

After a few miles of twists and turns, the air becomes frosty and the oddly inscrutable sky seems to darken a bit. Suddenly you knock thick snow off the boughs of evergreen bushes as you into the frost-flecked, muddy outskirts of a butsling settlement in Arcadia! Welcome to Port Valen, Arcadia says your guide with no little relish.

❄ ❄ ❄

In town, people of Ulfen and Mahwek heritages roam the streets. You're directed to the local Pathfinder lodge, a large and cozy feasting hall where Venture-Captain Bjersig Torrsen and a dour-looking Mahwek woman named Rahaksenwe wait for you. As usual, the Bjersig is accompanied by his gnome translator Lirall and his trusty hound Mahki — currently napping next to the fireplace. Art on Slide 1

Bjersig's oversized gestures convey his excitement. “Welcome to the far side of the map! I don’t know what I was expecting to find here, but it sure wasn’t the hospitality that the locals have shown us. I mean, just look at this new lodge! It’s like we never left home!

“Speaking of leaving home, we’ve worked alongside Rahaksenwe here, and other Port Valen leaders to link this lodge to the Maze of the Open Road. They helped us set up the portal so that future Pathfinders won’t need to cross monster-infested waters to get here like we had to. I hope you enjoyed the trip because it wasn't free to set up.”

Rahaksenwe nods. “The portal could not have been completed without the blessing of Viltydus, the fey guardian who guides travelers through the Forest of Trials on the way to Valenhall. Viltydus has a keen eye for heroic potential, and their one condition for building and maintaining the portal is that Pathfinder agents must assist them regularly to foster greatness in this region. That’s why you’re here: to hold up your end of that bargain.”

Bjersig jumps back in. “So, wash up, get what you need from the quartermaster, and follow the footpath just outside the town gate right to the stump at the edge of the forest. Viltydus will meet you there—somehow, they can always sense when Pathfinders are on the way! Are you ready for… GREATNESS!?

AAARRRWOOOOOO!!!! As if on cue, Mahki wags his tail and howls.

Bjersig rubs his chin. Or, perhaps you have questions first?”

❄ ❄ ❄

Some of you may also know things that can help inform questions.

GM Screen:

Pugsley's Society (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Kralgang's Society (E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Society(E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Kralgang recognizes the word "Valenhall." Valenhall is a legendary warrior’s paradise glorified in Ulfen fables, able to be found only by those beckoned to it by a mythical call. Scholars disagree as to whether it’s a real place or an aspirational metaphor, a mystery the Pathfinder Society hopes to solve. He also read in the chronicles that last year a Pathfinder expedition crossed the ocean and arrived here at Port Valen, which is considered to be a waystation on the path to Valenhall. They established a new lodge in the former feasting hall of King Sveinn Blood-Eagle — where this meeting is taking place!

Pugsley remembers all about the Forest of Trials. Maybe it's even worse than being a pug! Just West of Port Valen, it's the a natural barrier in the path of those who pursue the call to Valenhall. The forest is treacherous, populated by monsters and masked from divinations. The crossroads guardian Viltydus has lived there since before Port Valen’s founding. This fey has a primal purpose to guide great heroes through the wood toward Valenhall, a mission they pursue with compassion and zeal. They’ve been known to offer guidance to those who don’t seek Valenhall but who nevertheless deserve favor.

Horizon Hunters

CN female human (half-orc) swashbuckler 4 | HP 56/56 | AC 21/22 | F +9 R +12 W +8 | Perc +8 | Stealth +10 | Speed: 25/35 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Rixette grins. "I'm always ready for greatness! What exactly does Viltydus want us to do?"


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Mahki howls again. That’s the spirit!

Rahaksenwe answers the question. Viltydus will provide details once you meet with them. They care deeply about legendary exploits, so your tasks won’t be chopping wood or other mundane work. I doubt you’d have made it this far if you didn’t have the skills to handle whatever Viltydus needs, though.”

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 40/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

”We are supposed to be heroes? Yes, how does Viltydus expect us to perform? Perhaps we are to track down a criminal, or find a missing child?”


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Those are possibilities. Who knows what they will give you? Be assured the tasks will be heroic, and achievable. They have a talent for this.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Off you go. Find the big stump by the forest. Bjersig offers you a toast.

❄ ❄ ❄

You travel a short distance beyond Port Valen’s borders toward the forest. A massive stump eight feet in diameter sits at the edge of the wood, and all the surrounding plants and earth seem to direct their focus toward it. Art on Slide 1

A lithe Mahwek individual stands upon it, their average height magnified by an awesome presence of personality. Their fingers, lips, ears, eyebrows, and nostrils are richly adorned with dozens of rings, each one made of a different material and etched with varying pictograms and sigils. They speak with a voice like wind in the canopy. “The portal already beckons souls destined for greatness! Pugsley, Interi, Kralgang, Haggra, Rixette, and Domwurd: I welcome you to to the Forest of Trials, a noteworthy juncture in your travels across this vast, beautiful world!” They spread their arms wide.

The tasks I shall give you will not involve combat with twisted creatures who bind genies, defeating gray dwarves who capture innocents and drag them down into the dark, or besting shadowy nobles who steal beloved friends in lethal combat… nor shall they involve cleaning a house of oozes, or exploring a ghost-haunted academy… nor shall I ask a ghost-hunter to watch his friends be possessed in a ghost-haunted forest, in service to a greater good. These are all heroic moments from your PCs' pasts.

No. Glorious as your victories have been, there are many paths to heroism. You feel a surge of pride that this being knows your histories so well, and also, perhaps, a little trepidation.

No. Today's tasks are about home and hearth, community, and building a foundation for the future. Are you prepared… for HEROISM, heroes?

Horizon Hunters

Pugsley gulps nervously. "I never feel prepared. Do you have any suggestions?"

Verdant Wheel

Interi (they/them) | LN conrasu fighter 4 | hp 34/62 | AC 21 (22 w/shield), F +10E, R+9E, W +11E | Hero Points: 1/3+coin | Speed 25ft | Perception +11E | Sunlight Healing: 1/1 | Focus Points: 1/1 | Battle Medicine used: | Current Conditions: | ◆◇↺

Interi stares, their orb unreadable as always. "I am ready."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros
Pugsley 'Ruff-ian' Higmor III wrote:
Pugsley gulps nervously. "I never feel prepared. Do you have any suggestions?"

Follow your heart! Isn't that what the true heroes do?

Radiant Oath

LG Male (he/him) Shoony Transmuter 4 | HP 34/34| AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +10 | Perc: +8 (Low Light Vision) | Speed 35ft| Hero Points 1/3 | Exploration Mode: Detect Magic | Active conditions:. Mage Armor, Longstrider

"Do cats have whiskers?" Domwurd says, his only words to signal his readiness.

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 40/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

”Follow my heart? My… um… heart, awaits orders. My people are far more comfortable following orders than giving them. But, if it is time, I am ready. ”


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Orders, eh? Go to Bronzhelm, Haggra. The fey guardian snaps their fingers and vanishes.

❄ ❄ ❄

You walk back to town and find Bronzhelm’s, a smithy's in Port Valen.

Viltydus is there, leaning on the wall below a metal sign emblazoned with a winged helm perched on the handle of a morningstar. They crack their knuckles. “Good. You followed orders. Now: many dream of greatness, but a dream’s legs often buckle without a sturdy tool to support its weight! Any who brave the Forest of Trials must be well-equipped, and such instruments of valor are forged here in the song of fire and steel. I task you to assist our esteemed smith with crafting a tool worthy of a hero, one you’d be honored to receive yourself in the coming years, were you to journey to Valenhall.”

Come inside. It's nice and warm! They lead the way inside and introduce you to Tonfer Bronzhelm, who is presently working on a magical item fit to take to Valenhall: a macuahuitl that will be engraved with a etchings of wolves' teeth and sporting dozens of jagged obsidian blades. If successful, it this will be a truly fearsome weapon!

Tonfer hefts the weapon. This weapon'll be called "Ashgrip." A mighty club, fit for Valenhall itself — or so I hope. Only, it still needs to be imbued with magic. That step always seems to go awry. He pauses. Y'see… craftin' magical gear so close to a site of legend is tricky: forge-fire takes on a life of its own. Sometimes spirits of grandeur inhabit the item, an' and try to exert their own will.""

Viltydus nods. "You will collaborate with Tonfer as he finishes the item. Be ready to fend off such creatures, should they appear. And make their mark on the wood, alongside Tonfer’s, so that a part of you might journey into glory with Ashgrip's wielder!"

Let me know when you're ready! You can help the smith knap chunks of black obsidian and implant the resulting slivers into the club with Athletics, Nature or Animal Lore to help the smith etch truly evocative wolves' teeth, or Crafting checks to help put it all together. All DCs are 18; Lore is 15

You need 3 simultaneous checks to succeed. A different PC must attempt each of the three checks, and the remaining PCs can use any of the allowed skills to Aid the PC making the primary check with that skill. Alternatively, remaining PCs can use an exploration mode activity to be ready for battle, such as Avoid Notice, Defend, or Repeat a Spell.

Go ahead and roll; if you are aiding go ahead and designate someone and go for it. Spoiler primary rolls if you can as aid checks should technically go before primary rolls. As always you might be able to sell me on an alternate skill or non-cantrip magic spell.

Position yourselves on the map in Slide 1 as well. IF there is initiative and you are forging, you can use the skill you were using for the roll.

❄ ❄ ❄

Making your Mark!

3 of you must make a crafting, athletics, nature, or animal lore check. The others can aid or prepare for battle.

Pugsley
Interi
Kralgang
Rixette
Haggra
Domwurd

Radiant Oath

LG Male (he/him) Shoony Transmuter 4 | HP 34/34| AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +10 | Perc: +8 (Low Light Vision) | Speed 35ft| Hero Points 1/3 | Exploration Mode: Detect Magic | Active conditions:. Mage Armor, Longstrider

Domwurd looks excited at the prospect of a magical stick. "I've studied a number of tomes and scrolls about the process of imbuing items with arcane energy. I can help you with that."

"First, you need to ready the weapon to receive the magic. Like so..."
Crafting: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Hero Point to reroll, pls
Crafting: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Placement seems fine for Domwurd. He'd be beside where the macuahuitl is, which I assume is where Tonfur is

Horizon Hunters

Athletics:

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Pugsley gets down on all fours and helps move the heavier chunks of obsidian around where he can to different points in the shop to make the work easier. Able to get that completed quickly Pugsley moves over to help give his fellow Shoony a hand assembling some of the equipment.

Crafting (Aid Another) DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 40/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

Animal Lore:

Haggra's Animal (U): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
I offer this hero point to the Might RNG
Haggra's Animal (U): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Haggra realizes that his trained mind remembers much, so he tries to help with the correct placement and shape of the teeth. At first, he is puzzled, and wonders, 'Those teeth don't look quite right. Seem rather feline to me.'

Then, he adjusts one, realizing he was looking at it from the wrong angle, and suggests a modification that makes for a truly realistic and ferocious set of lupine choppers!

Vigilant Seal

Male Hobgoblin Duskwalker Investigator 4 | hp 48/48, hero 2/3 | AC 21, F+8 R+11 W+7 | Speed 25ft | Perception +7, Arcana +10, Crafting +12, Occultism +11, Society +12, Stealth +9 | Current Conditions:

"Perhaps my alchemical knowledge will be of use, helping to bind the obsidian, and seal any gaps."

Crafting to Aid Domwurd: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Horizon Hunters

CN female human (half-orc) swashbuckler 4 | HP 56/56 | AC 21/22 | F +9 R +12 W +8 | Perc +8 | Stealth +10 | Speed: 25/35 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Since her allies have the forging covered, Rixette draws her nicest hatchet and watches for danger.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Pugsley lugs around obsidian while Haggra uses his knowledge of lupine choppers, and Kralgang and Domwurd mix magic and bitumen for the black shards.

The weapon seems to vibrate with energy as you complete the process.

Amazing. They said you're heroes… now, maybe I believe it.

Take a look around. Pick a weapon, your choice… on me.

The party is rewarded with a Common simple or martial +1 striking weapon of their choice

Verdant Wheel

Interi (they/them) | LN conrasu fighter 4 | hp 34/62 | AC 21 (22 w/shield), F +10E, R+9E, W +11E | Hero Points: 1/3+coin | Speed 25ft | Perception +11E | Sunlight Healing: 1/1 | Focus Points: 1/1 | Battle Medicine used: | Current Conditions: | ◆◇↺

Interi hefts a longsword with an intricately carved blade and a pommel inset with silver and turquoise. "You make the weapons of heroes. If we are to be heroic today, I shall wield this one."

Interi will take a +1 striking longsword, though he'll happily defer if Kralgang (or someone else) would rather select a weapon.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM Screen:
Pugsley's Initiative Using Search: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Interi's Initiative Using Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Kralgang's Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Rixette's Initiative Using After You (always goes last to gain panache): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Haggra's Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Domwurd's Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

AC 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
AC 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
AC 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Meph 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Meph 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

As interi takes their weapon, the items in the display cases begin to glow! The spiriits of elemental fire are here to exert their will! GAH! This always happens! says the blacksmith. He tries to protect his new weapon while you draw weapons of your own — fight!

Three suits of armor, glowing like hot metal rise up, their gauntlets flickering with flame. Out from inside their helms flit bat-like creatures, their wings made of sheets of fire.

★★★
Occupational Hazard Round 1

Party Conditions: Weapons drawn
Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Domwurd (34/34 HP)
Armor 3 (-0 HP)
Kralgang (48/48 HP)
Fire-bat 1 (-0 HP)
Fire-bat 2 (-0 HP)
Interi (49/49 HP)
Rixette (56/56 HP)
Haggra (44/44 HP)
Armor 2 (-0 HP)
Pugsley (27/27 HP) │ R. Cold 1
⠀⠀William (27/27 HP)
Armor 1 (-0 HP)

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 15 (Arcana, Nature) on Fire-Bat:
These are fire mephits, small elementals from the plane of fite! They have a 15' cone breath weapon.
DC 25 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 17 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
They are weak to cold 3

DC 18 (Arcana, Crafting) on Fire-Armor :
These are fiert animated armors, a kind of mindless construct! They have Have Hardness and Construct Armor
DC 28(crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 20 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
Their weak save i reflex

Radiant Oath

LG Male (he/him) Shoony Transmuter 4 | HP 34/34| AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +10 | Perc: +8 (Low Light Vision) | Speed 35ft| Hero Points 1/3 | Exploration Mode: Detect Magic | Active conditions:. Mage Armor, Longstrider

Recall Knowledge (Fire Bat): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Domwurd takes a moment to study their foes, and relays what he knows about fire mephits. "Spread out if you can, they breathe fire! And they find the cold painful!"

He then unleashes a sudden bolt of electricity at one the mephits, hoping to send it back to the elemental plane of fire.
Sudden Bolt vs Mephit 2 (DC 20 Reflex): 4d12 ⇒ (8, 12, 12, 9) = 41


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Domwurd can almost hear Viltydus clap and say the word "HEROIC!" as his sudden bolt tears the imp in half!

----

One of the armors Leaps on top of the display case, which creaks under its weight. It strikes Kralgang with a flaming gauntlet!

Gauntlet of Fire: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
B: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Fire: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The fist cracks the top of the Pharasmin's bald head, leaving a nasty burn mark. Crit for 18 The hobgoblin sees stars. Down plummets the other fist…

Gauntlet of Fire: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 4 = 19

… and catches only the air.

★★★
Occupational Hazard Round 1

Party Conditions: Weapons drawn
Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
Domwurd (34/34 HP)
Armor 3 (-0 HP)
➤ Kralgang (30/48 HP)
Fire-bat 1 (-0 HP)
Interi (49/49 HP)
Rixette (56/56 HP)
Haggra (44/44 HP)
Armor 2 (-0 HP)
Pugsley (27/27 HP) │ R. Cold 1
⠀⠀William (27/27 HP)
Armor 1 (-0 HP)

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 15 (Arcana, Nature) on Fire-Bat:
These are fire mephits, small elementals from the plane of fite! They have a 15' cone breath weapon.
DC 25 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 17 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
They are weak to cold 3

DC 18 (Arcana, Crafting) on Fire-Armor :
These are fiert animated armors, a kind of mindless construct! They have Have Hardness and Construct Armor
DC 28(crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 20 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
Their weak save i reflex

Vigilant Seal

Male Hobgoblin Duskwalker Investigator 4 | hp 48/48, hero 2/3 | AC 21, F+8 R+11 W+7 | Speed 25ft | Perception +7, Arcana +10, Crafting +12, Occultism +11, Society +12, Stealth +9 | Current Conditions:

Kralgang will attempt to identify the fire armour.

Recall Knowledge (Crafting):: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

"These are mindless contracts and will resist our damage until we break their armour."

He attempts to Devise a Stratagem against the Fire Bat 1.

Devise a Strat: 1d20 ⇒ 18

He looses a shot!

To hit=18+11= 39.

Piercing Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

Precision Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Deadly on Crit:: 1d10 ⇒ 8

Tit for tat. I believe that is 44 damage on a crit!


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Kralgang put a HEROIC! arrow through the bat's skull. It dissipates back to the plane of fire with a squeak and the arrow calls to the floor.

★★★
Occupational Hazard Round 1

Party Conditions: Weapons drawn
Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
Domwurd (34/34 HP)
Armor 3 (-0 HP)
Kralgang (30/48 HP)
➤ Interi (49/49 HP)
➤ Haggra (44/44 HP)
Armor 2 (-0 HP)
Pugsley (27/27 HP) │ R. Cold 1
⠀⠀William (27/27 HP)
Armor 1 (-0 HP)
Rixette (56/56 HP) │ Panache

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 15 (Arcana, Nature) on Fire-Bat:
These are fire mephits, small elementals from the plane of fite! They have a 15' cone breath weapon.
DC 25 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 17 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
They are weak to cold 3

DC 18 (Arcana, Crafting) on Fire-Armor :
These are fiert animated armors, a kind of mindless construct! They have Have Hardness and Construct Armor
DC 28(crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 20 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
Their weak save i reflex

Verdant Wheel

Interi (they/them) | LN conrasu fighter 4 | hp 34/62 | AC 21 (22 w/shield), F +10E, R+9E, W +11E | Hero Points: 1/3+coin | Speed 25ft | Perception +11E | Sunlight Healing: 1/1 | Focus Points: 1/1 | Battle Medicine used: | Current Conditions: | ◆◇↺

Interi moves up between Kralgang and the other armor, swinging his newly-acquired sword at armor that just attacked the investigator.

Longsword vs. #3 (snagging strike): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Slashing: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11
Flat-footed until the start of my next turn, if hit.

Longsword vs. #3 (snagging strike), 2nd attack: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 12 - 5 = 12
Slashing: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 7) + 4 = 18
Flat-footed until the start of my next turn, if hit.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

The grip on Interi's shiny new longsword may be unfamiliar, as they miss both times!

Haggra is up!

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 40/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

Haggra devises a stratagem against Armor #3.
Free recall
Crafting: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Doesn't learn anything new

+1 striking cold iron spiked chain, Strategem: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Thinking that might not be good enough against a suit of armor he Strides to Armor #2 and Strikes with his spiked chain.

+1 striking cold iron spiked chain: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Slashing Magic Cold Iron: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (4, 7) + 1 = 12


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Haggra's chain drags against the armor, scraping it a little. We'll call that "6" after hardness.

The armor returns in kind, attacking thrice like a mindless creature:

Flaming Gauntlet: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
B: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
B: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Net 16 on crit

Flaming Gauntlet: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 12 - 4 = 10
B: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
B: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Flaming Gauntlet: 1d20 + 12 - 8 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 8 = 15
B: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
B: 1d4 ⇒ 1

It knocks one of Haggra's teeth out. (crit) But it misses on the other strikes.

★★★
Occupational Hazard Round 1

Party Conditions: Weapons drawn
Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
Domwurd (34/34 HP)
Armor 3 (-0 HP)
Kralgang (30/48 HP)
Interi (49/49 HP)
Haggra (28/44 HP)
Armor 2 (-6 HP)
➤ Pugsley (27/27 HP) │ R. Cold 1
⠀⠀➤ William (27/27 HP)
Armor 1 (-0 HP)
Rixette (56/56 HP) │ Panache

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 15 (Arcana, Nature) on Fire-Bat:
These are fire mephits, small elementals from the plane of fite! They have a 15' cone breath weapon.
DC 25 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 17 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
They are weak to cold 3

DC 18 (Arcana, Crafting) on Fire-Armor :
These are fiert animated armors, a kind of mindless construct! They have Have Hardness and Construct Armor
DC 28(crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 20 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
Their weak save i reflex

Horizon Hunters

Pugsley's heartrate begins to rise as the shop comes alive, trying to kill them. As it does so his pack begins shake slightly as an ethereal young man floats out of the pack, it seems to hover just off of the floor. "What have you done now Pugsley?" The ethereal man looks around. "I was just moving this cart around and everything came alive! No time to talk William." Pugsley defends himself as William swats an ethereal tendril across the display case at the northern suit of armor.

Spectral Tendril: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage (Bludgeoning): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

◆◆◆ Manifest Eidolon
◆ William Strike

Player Status:

HP 27/27
AC 17 (18 w/ shield) | Resist Cold 1
Spells (1) | (2)
Focus Points 1/1
Hero Points 3/3

William
HP 27/27
AC 19


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

William's tendril only swats the display case. Probably doesn't do much for Pugsley's heart rate.

Armor 1 punches Interi.

Flaming Gauntlet: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Flaming Gauntlet1: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 12 - 4 = 18

Flaming Gauntlet: 1d20 + 12 - 8 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 8 = 8

… or, tries to.

★★★
Occupational Hazard Round 1-2

Party Conditions: Weapons drawn
Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Domwurd (34/34 HP)
Armor 3 (-0 HP)
Kralgang (30/48 HP)
Interi (49/49 HP)
Haggra (28/44 HP)
Armor 2 (-0 HP)
Pugsley (27/27 HP) │ R. Cold 1
⠀⠀William (27/27 HP)
Armor 1 (-0 HP)
➤ Rixette (56/56 HP) │ Panache

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 15 (Arcana, Nature) on Fire-Bat:
These are fire mephits, small elementals from the plane of fite! They have a 15' cone breath weapon.
DC 25 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 17 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
They are weak to cold 3

DC 18 (Arcana, Crafting) on Fire-Armor :
These are fiert animated armors, a kind of mindless construct! They have Have Hardness and Construct Armor
DC 28(crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 20 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
Their weak save i reflex

Horizon Hunters

CN female human (half-orc) swashbuckler 4 | HP 56/56 | AC 21/22 | F +9 R +12 W +8 | Perc +8 | Stealth +10 | Speed: 25/35 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Rixette tosses her hatchet at #3, feeling quite confident.

+1 Returning Hatchet, confident finisher: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
ouch!: 1d6 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (2, 5) = 13

3 damage on a miss

She then runs up and darts through its space, backing away afterward.

Tumble: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

She'll end up in that same spot whether she succeeds or fails, but she'll have panache again if she succeeds.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Rixette's hatchet clangs handle-first against the breastplate; it doesn't leave a mark — the armor has too much hardness!

She easily tumbles through the ungainly creature's space, propelling herself along a display case for good measure while she's at it. Panache acquired

Radiant Oath

LG Male (he/him) Shoony Transmuter 4 | HP 34/34| AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +10 | Perc: +8 (Low Light Vision) | Speed 35ft| Hero Points 1/3 | Exploration Mode: Detect Magic | Active conditions:. Mage Armor, Longstrider

Domwurd takes a step back to get out of reach before hurling more magical electricity, this time aimed at the suits of armor harrying Interi and Kralgang.
Electric Arc vs 1/3 (DC 20 Reflex): 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Ref 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Ref 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Domwurd ZOTS! both sets of armor; the white-hot plasma causes one of the breastplates to shatter! Construct armor broken.

Armor 3 mindlessly pummels Kralgang.

Flaming Fist: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
B, F: 1d6 + 3 + 1d4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (2) = 9

More Flaming Fist: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 4 = 17
Most Flaming Fist: 1d20 + 12 - 8 ⇒ (6) + 12 - 8 = 10

The hobgoblin suffers some more bruises, but the lady of Graves isn't calling Kralgang quite yet!

★★★
Occupational Hazard Round 2

Party Conditions: Weapons drawn
Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
Domwurd (34/34 HP)
Armor 3 (-9 HP)
➤ Kralgang (21/48 HP)
➤ Interi (49/49 HP)
➤ Haggra (28/44 HP)
Armor 2 (-0 HP)
Pugsley (27/27 HP) │ R. Cold 1
⠀⠀William (27/27 HP)
Armor 1 (-18 HP) │ Broken
Rixette (56/56 HP) │ Panache

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 15 (Arcana, Nature) on Fire-Bat:
These are fire mephits, small elementals from the plane of fite! They have a 15' cone breath weapon.
DC 25 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 17 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
They are weak to cold 3

DC 18 (Arcana, Crafting) on Fire-Armor :
These are fiert animated armors, a kind of mindless construct! They have Have Hardness and Construct Armor
DC 28(crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 20 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
Their weak save i reflex

Vigilant Seal

Male Hobgoblin Duskwalker Investigator 4 | hp 48/48, hero 2/3 | AC 21, F+8 R+11 W+7 | Speed 25ft | Perception +7, Arcana +10, Crafting +12, Occultism +11, Society +12, Stealth +9 | Current Conditions:

Kralgang enters his mind palace and tries to analyze his options vs the construct armour next to him.

Devise a Strat: 1d20 ⇒ 4

All roads lead to disaster, so Kralgang instead lets loose a shot against Armour 1.

Twang: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10

He then applies Battle Medicine to himself, using Assurance.

Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 7) = 12

Verdant Wheel

Interi (they/them) | LN conrasu fighter 4 | hp 34/62 | AC 21 (22 w/shield), F +10E, R+9E, W +11E | Hero Points: 1/3+coin | Speed 25ft | Perception +11E | Sunlight Healing: 1/1 | Focus Points: 1/1 | Battle Medicine used: | Current Conditions: | ◆◇↺

Interi strikes at the armor attacking Kralgang (#3), then spins around and attacks the broken one behind them (#1).

Longsword vs. #3: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Slashing: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10
Flat-footed until Interi's next turn on hit (Snagging Strike).

Longsword vs. #1, 2nd: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 5 = 15
Slashing: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 7) + 4 = 14
Flat-footed until Interi's next turn on hit (Snagging Strike).

Longsword vs. #1, 3rd: 1d20 + 12 - 10 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 10 = 13
Slashing: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 8) + 4 = 19
Flat-footed until Interi's next turn on hit (Snagging Strike).


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Kralgang devises a stratagem, then decides to pick on the construct with broken armor. This time the arrow sticks in the broken metal!

Interi slashes their target, leaving a good scratch but doing less damage than they hoped, and knocking it off-balance. Then they spin and take down the broken armor, which clatters to the ground — inert now!

They have 1 action left, as Strike 2 took out #1. With Snagging strike it needs to stay in your reach, so assuming your third action is to strike the other creature (and miss), or raise a shield which you don't seem to have, etc.

★★★
Occupational Hazard Round 2

Party Conditions: Weapons drawn
Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
Domwurd (34/34 HP)
Armor 3 (-13 HP) │ FF as long as in Inertis reach
Kralgang (33/48 HP)
Interi (49/49 HP)
➤ Haggra (28/44 HP)
Armor 2 (-0 HP)
Pugsley (27/27 HP) │ R. Cold 1
⠀⠀William (27/27 HP)
Rixette (56/56 HP) │ Panache

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 15 (Arcana, Nature) on Fire-Bat:
These are fire mephits, small elementals from the plane of fite! They have a 15' cone breath weapon.
DC 25 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 17 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
They are weak to cold 3

DC 18 (Arcana, Crafting) on Fire-Armor :
These are fiert animated armors, a kind of mindless construct! They have Have Hardness and Construct Armor
DC 28(crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 20 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
Their weak save i reflex

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 40/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

Haggra looks at the armor, and tries to determine the best way to attack it.

+1 striking cold iron spiked chain, Strategem: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
what the heck... hero point that.
+1 striking cold iron spiked chain, Strategem: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
yup.

He sees an opening, and takes advantage of it!
Slashing Magic Cold Iron, Strategem: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14

He then swings again, hoping to take advantage of what he's done, but is not able to capitalize on it.
+1 striking cold iron spiked chain: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 5 = 5
Slashing Magic Cold Iron: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 8) + 1 = 14

Finally, he Steps back.

1 to 50 of 184 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's Guardian's Covenant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.