[PF2/Farol] #2-23 An Agent's Obligation

Game Master Farol

Maps | RPG Chronicles


1 to 50 of 187 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

You start your adventure aboard the Sixwing Drake, a sleek sailing ship crewed by veteran Pathfinders, on a voyage from Absalom to the coastal Chelaxian city of Hinji.

Please dot and delete


One evening, you are gathered with some of the sailors on one of the lower decks. A keg of beer is opened and the captain says:

"On this route now, we have only six passengers, how about this evening they will entertain us with a story."

Go ahead and introduce yourselves. As stated before we will start with the briefing on Monday or tuesday.

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Iruxi Paladin of Erecura 5 | HP 73/73| AC 24 | F +9 R +7(+10vs Damage) W +10 | Perception +8

A tall frilled Iruxi and full Hellknight Plate stares at the captain and each other passenger.

Rhizzuk does not imbibe from the keg but does still introduce themselves with a story.

"I am Rhizzuk. My life was ended and I found myself being mortared into Dis's wall. I do not know what Erecura saw in me that day, but she plucked me from that ignoble end and brought me back to Golarion. Thus I am known as the Risen Star."

Rhizzuk's blue frills stick through a slot on the back of his helmet and a large meteor hammer is attached to their side.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Leshy| HP 80/80 | AC: 23 | F: +12 R: +10, W: +11 | Perception: +9 (T, Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

A small squat, mushroom topped leshy with several gray and decaying tendrils shudders. Dozens of eyes and sharp pointed teeth line its face like some sort of grotesque monster. He had not always been this way. In fact a small red corrupted Abyssal shard from Finadar lay embedded in his body that caused his body to decay slightly. His body jerks as he shudders for the calling of a story, his face full of shock and wonder as he gets caught with his vine dipped several inches into the keg of brew for a taste as it soaks up iot the vine into his body.

A shrill child-like voice shrieks that doesn't match the appearance. "I'm Berry!" He listens to Rhizzuk's story and bobbles with glee as he scuttles across the deck leaving behind a blackish tar-like substance. "Whoa, are you like a real star? Do you have one inside of you?" He bobbles up and down. "I don't have anything cool like that, my life has been pretty boring." A small femur bone protrudes from within his tangled vines as Berry subconsciously grabs it and shoves it back into his body in embarrassment as if he let out an innocent fart. "Sorry about that."

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-Elf Bard 4 HP 44/44 | AC 19 | Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +9 Perc +9 ◆ Default Exploration Action: Search for Clues (Bardic Lore +8)

Marcus takes a few sips of his ale and nods at Rhizzuk and Berry in turn as they introduce themselves. He steeples his fingers and looks at each of his newfound companions, as though attempting to commit their visage to memory. After a moment, he strokes what little patch of hair passes for a goatee and clears his throat. "Pleased to meet you Risen Star Rhizzuk and Berry. I am Marcus Vultulus Fantailler, formerly a lord of a shire just outside of Cassomir. You can call me Marcus... Marc... or really anything you so desire so long as the desired sobriquet is not chosen out of ill intent."

He pulls a small fretted dulcimer out from his pack and begins to pluck out a pleasant tune as he continues. "I dabble in esoteric magicks and trivia, however predominantly I have practice in negotiation and leadership. And please, do not take that as a perceived elevation of status... leadership simply means that I will do my best to learn the strengths and weaknesses of each of you in order to encourage courses of action most likely to succeed. A leader is simply a job within a group, no more or less important than each other, and one I intend to perform to the best of my abilities. In fact, given what I have to work with is strength and experience that far exceeds my own, I suspect my role will likely be of the least importance."

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Champion 5| Exploration activity: Scout | Speed 30 | HP 73/73 | AC 23 | F +12 R +12 W +11| Perception +8 | Acrobatics +13 |Diplomacy/Medicine +11 | Athletics +9 |Religion +8 | Legal Lore +7| ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

"I'm afraid I'm not as complex as you all" says an dour looking Varisian man. "I'm Othello, from the Verese family. I broke from my family looking for redemption, and found it. I only ask that each of you look inside yourselves and seek redemption."

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Perc +11 | 25 feet | Class DC 22 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 6 HP 107/107(117/117) | AC: 23(25) | F +14 R +10 W +11

A gnome with sharp, feral features, Zabu doesn't have to be asked twice to partake of the keg. He stands next to it, the top about even with his chin and reaches over and in to dip a mug. He drains that one at one go, holding up a finger to the group to notify them to wait. After taking the first gulp from the second mug, he's ready to talk.

"Sorry, pal but unless redemption tastes like ale, there ain't none in me," he replies to Othello.

"You guys may all be boring but I'm very interesting. Let me tell you about this time down in Razmiran. I don't exactly remember what we were there for. Something about the lodge, but what I do remember is this sweet little tavern girl. I don't know what she believed before I got there but by the time I left she knew that a man really could be a god," he grins at his own cleverness and gives Marcus a wink.

"You talk real fancy, I bet you know what I'm talking about."

Envoy's Alliance

Half-Elf Bard 4 HP 44/44 | AC 19 | Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +9 Perc +9 ◆ Default Exploration Action: Search for Clues (Bardic Lore +8)

Marcus shakes his head at Zabu's antics. "I'm just going to guess you did not tell her the good word of Cayden Caylean now did you..."


Sailors cheer to some of the stories and get silent hearing the others. Then they turn their eyes to Anjo

"What story do you have for us bowman?"

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 6 | ePerc +13 (+15 Init) | tAC 25| | HP 80/80 | eF +12 eR +14 eW +13 | tAcro +13 tAthletics +11 tCraft +8 tScout L/Herbal L +8 tNature +13 tStealth +12 eSurvival + 14* tThievery +12 Human Ranger 5 (Vigilant Seal)

A dark-skinned Garundi dressed in dun and green with a cloak that looks to be made of mangy fur. "I regret I have no stories that would entertain those who live by the sea or on it. Even if I doubt I could convey them in a manner worth hearing. I am interest in what you all know of Hinji"


CAptain nods his head hearing Anjo's explanation. From behind his coat he takes out a letter that he passes to you. There are two handouts on slide 4 and 5 of the presentation

Then he also gets a bag that he passes to you. You quickly identify it as a bag of holding (type I) containing three 5th-level scrolls of gentle repose that are labeled with the names of each missing Pathfinder in the dossier (with the exception of Jespya, who requested not to be brought back in the event of their death).

The bag of holding also contains securely sealed canvas sacks that are approximately the size of each of the four agents.

"Take a look through those items and the letter. We don't know anything about your mission but we do know things about Hinji."

You can try Society, Underworld Lore, or of course Hinji Lore ;) to recall knowledge about Hinji. You can also try to Gather information with Diplomacy to get some information from sailors. If you can think of other skill that could be of use you can try them as well. Those are secret checks so either say your modifier or do the checking spoiler without looking.

Horizon Hunters

Perc +11 | 25 feet | Class DC 22 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 6 HP 107/107(117/117) | AC: 23(25) | F +14 R +10 W +11

"Oh, it's THAT kind of mission," Zabu comments as he inspects the contents of the bag.

He doesn't seem too upset by the prospect. In fact, he seems much more irritated by the contents of the letter.

"Great. A subtle mission," he grumbles.

Zabu is not one for knowing things so he doesn't bother trying to recall what he knows about where they're going.

Instead, he spends his time carousing with the sailors, and doesn't care much if that carousing gets in the way of their work.

Vigilant Seal

Leshy| HP 80/80 | AC: 23 | F: +12 R: +10, W: +11 | Perception: +9 (T, Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

Fearful Berry's squeaky voice pips up breaking the silence. "How morose of an assignment." He shudders, shouldering the bag. "I am afraid, there is little subtle bout this group." He waves his vied tentacles around as a small dire rat skull rolls loose across the deck.

Diplomacy (Untrained +4)

Radiant Oath

M Iruxi Paladin of Erecura 5 | HP 73/73| AC 24 | F +9 R +7(+10vs Damage) W +10 | Perception +8

Rhizzuk carefully reads the agents dossiers and does his best to commit them to memory.

Rhizzuk does have Lore(Sailing) +8 which may be relevant.

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 6 | ePerc +13 (+15 Init) | tAC 25| | HP 80/80 | eF +12 eR +14 eW +13 | tAcro +13 tAthletics +11 tCraft +8 tScout L/Herbal L +8 tNature +13 tStealth +12 eSurvival + 14* tThievery +12 Human Ranger 5 (Vigilant Seal)

Anjo waits his turn and takes each dossier from the paladin. He also considers what he knows about Hinji

Kreighton's K. Crossover] Society +3, Nature +13

Envoy's Alliance

Half-Elf Bard 4 HP 44/44 | AC 19 | Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +9 Perc +9 ◆ Default Exploration Action: Search for Clues (Bardic Lore +8)

Marcus reads through the dossiers and signs. "Tanno Kemebers... I recruited man who went through a very similar ordeal... although in his case it was an Osirioni dig site rather than a Nexian one. And Kiiruba... I recruited a young Kitsune once who played a prank which had gone a bit too far. And for that matter... the mother of my son is a Kitsune emissary from Tian Xia. Reading these dossiers makes the matter feel much more personal."

Diplomacy +10, Society and Bardic Knowledge +8


GM Screen:

Diplo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Sailing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Society: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Diplo: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Barding: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

After reading the letter most of you mingle with the sailors. Berry despite having no experience talking with races that do not feed from the photosynthesis finds a sailor who was in Hinji couple of times. He tells them that it is known of 'ice tears', a drug that bestows visions of the past and possible futures.

Rhizzuk talks about sailing, and different ship types that he sailed upon. In return he learns that crimina underworld of Hinji almost entirely resolves around production and trading of ice tears. As expected the gants abuse those who became addicted.

Anjo and Marcus recall that one of the bigger gangs is called Sons of the Tear. However they heard that a smaller gang is coming onto the scene of Hinji’s ice tears trade: the Daughters of Cocytus. It is led by the enigmatic Mother Forsythe, this all-female group has a reputation for spreading fear, as well as being accompanied by a mysterious light that their victims half-remember.

The next morning the ship arrives to the port and you follow the letter recomendation to Waypoint Inn.

This nondescript inn is comfortable and welcoming. Sellinore, nonbinary gnome, welcomes you as they enter. They look at you curiously

"I was expecting you. Your friends paid for the rooms to stay unocupied until you check them. I kept everyone out, so they are a bit dusty, way more than I like."

They look at Marcus "You look like a performer, would you like to entertain the 'crowd' tonight?"

Sellinore gives you keys to the four small rooms and wishes you good luck in their search.

This inn is the place where the four pathfinders were last seen. Each one of you can do one of the two actions: search a room (secret perception) or gather information from patrons (diplomacy also secret ;)).

Radiant Oath

Human Champion 5| Exploration activity: Scout | Speed 30 | HP 73/73 | AC 23 | F +12 R +12 W +11| Perception +8 | Acrobatics +13 |Diplomacy/Medicine +11 | Athletics +9 |Religion +8 | Legal Lore +7| ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |


Diplomacy is +11
Perception is only +8

Othello will try to speak to the patrons to gather information.

Horizon Hunters

Perc +11 | 25 feet | Class DC 22 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 6 HP 107/107(117/117) | AC: 23(25) | F +14 R +10 W +11

"Hey, so long as they're paid for, what do you care if anyone's in them? Think of it this way, at least you didn't have to clean any chamber pots," Zabu says to his fellow gnome as he takes a key.

He heads up to one of the rooms to relax, laying on the bed in all his clothes and boots. As he stares up at the ceiling he starts to think of the agents that are lost. With a sigh, he gets up and starts searching around. The Pathfinders are a good gig but they're not going to give him jobs if he doesn't do them.

Search:
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Radiant Oath

M Iruxi Paladin of Erecura 5 | HP 73/73| AC 24 | F +9 R +7(+10vs Damage) W +10 | Perception +8

Rhizzuk nods to Sellinore but does not waste any words on them at this time.

Rhizzuk will search Selia's room. Starting with the walls and spiraling around the room, eventually ending with a thorough search of the bed, especially under the mattress for anything of interest.

Perception+8

Vigilant Seal

Leshy| HP 80/80 | AC: 23 | F: +12 R: +10, W: +11 | Perception: +9 (T, Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

"I can try to entertain this evening." Fearful Berry lets out a terrifying smile that shows dozens of razor sharp teeth all along the ridge of his mushroom capped head.

He shoulders the heavy bag up the stairs as he looks to find his room. Once inside he crawls into all of the smaller hidey holes to take a look around under the dressers and in the cubbies.

Perception +9

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 6 | ePerc +13 (+15 Init) | tAC 25| | HP 80/80 | eF +12 eR +14 eW +13 | tAcro +13 tAthletics +11 tCraft +8 tScout L/Herbal L +8 tNature +13 tStealth +12 eSurvival + 14* tThievery +12 Human Ranger 5 (Vigilant Seal)

Anjo cautions Berry, "Do we really want to draw attention to ourselves so soon?"

Anjo retreats to the rooms provided and begins to search them all. Specifically looking for false walls.

Percption 13

Vigilant Seal

Leshy| HP 80/80 | AC: 23 | F: +12 R: +10, W: +11 | Perception: +9 (T, Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

Beery slumps. "I guess not." He says sadly. He was excited someone actually asked him for some entertainment instead of fleeing in terror. Maybe they were looking at someone behind him.

Envoy's Alliance

Half-Elf Bard 4 HP 44/44 | AC 19 | Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +9 Perc +9 ◆ Default Exploration Action: Search for Clues (Bardic Lore +8)
Anjo Aroh wrote:
Anjo cautions Berry, "Do we really want to draw attention to ourselves so soon?"

"Perhaps not, but as they often say, when the Bard sings his song, no one should ask you for the name of the one who tells the story. Perhaps I shall... paradoxically as it may seem... blend in by standing out"

He adjusts his mask to that of a kabuki depiction with half of a devil, and half of a man. He places a pair of seats by a wall but central to the common area and begins to both narrate and pantomime the story of a doctor seeking the aid of a devil. As he narrates the tale, he switches between the 2 seats, one of which presents the audience with the devil, and the other with the man. As the tale progresses, the devil slowly promises more and more to the man, getting a firmer and firmer grip on his soul...

Perform check:
Perform (Act), Virtuosic Performance + Personal Mask: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 28


Gm Screen:

Rhizzuk, Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Berry, Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Anjo, Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Zabu, Perception: 26 = 26

Othello, diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Marcus, Perform: 28 = 28

Anjo, Berry, Rhizzuk and Zabu go to search four rooms where the missing pathfinder stayed.

They search all four rooms, each one of them going through all of the items, moving all furniture, and look for hidden stashes. In Selia's room you find a letter from Dr. Howell requesting that Selia meet her at the gambling den Snake Tails to receive some historical context for an artifact in the Junianis family's collection. In that room you find no Selia's adventuring gear to be missing, she could have gone without unpacking, maybe.

Tanno's room also is missing his gear just like in Selia's room. However you find nothing more interesting there.

Jespya’s and Kiiruba’s rooms have their things unpacked. But as you go through them there is nothing out of ordinary there.

Berry spends some time reading the letter and it seems that whoever wrote it has very little real historical knowledge of the Chelaxian Civil War. The terms used in the letter show a lack of knowledge beyond House Thrune’s most common propaganda. Furthermore, the handwriting is inconsistent, suggesting the letter was penned by multiple individuals.

==========================

Othello spends some time asking around the inn if anyone saw or heard anything. He speaks some with drunken Barry but besides being a talkative type he knows nothing, the same with Wasted Wendy who is busy watching Marcus peform. But then he chats with three men playing cards, he learns that a female elf and a male human matching Selia’s and Tanno’s descriptions were asking for directions to the gambling den Snake Tails, and a human and halfling pair asked about those two later in the day.

At the same time, Marcus gives a hell of a performance. Patrons do enjoy some art, who wouldn't with a pint of a cold one. Bard puts all of his skills and heart into what he is doing, he receives standing ovations. Soon after he is done Wendy approaches him and says

"That was amazing, in Snake Tails gambling den there are open evenings letting such skilled performers try their skills. The place is a bit shady but Daughters of Cocytus are trying to keep it running without any incidents, it is a new gang. " then she moves closer and Marcus can smell the overpowering smell of cheap liquor

"The place is near the docks and entrance to the sewers so all kinds of low-lives are lingering there." She smiles at Marcus "Would you like to go with me there? You could be my lucky charm"

Horizon Hunters

Perc +11 | 25 feet | Class DC 22 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 6 HP 107/107(117/117) | AC: 23(25) | F +14 R +10 W +11

"Well, I guess we know where we need to go," Zabu says as the group examines the letter.

Downstairs, he pays little attention to Marcus' performance, though he laughs at a few of the demon character's offers.

He's already sized Wendy up by the time she approaches the bard and he sidles up to her. After all, she's just his type - female, breathing, drunk and, apparently, desperate for attention.

"Sure he'd like to go. We were planning on heading there, anyway. Having such a beguiling guide will only make the trip better. Maybe you and I can both get lucky, tonight," he says, slipping an arm around her waist (which is at the height of his shoulder) and steering her toward the door.

Radiant Oath

M Iruxi Paladin of Erecura 5 | HP 73/73| AC 24 | F +9 R +7(+10vs Damage) W +10 | Perception +8

Rhizzuk nods to his allies "A Dr. ... Dr. Howell. Why would he ask to meet at such a seedy place. Surely the missing Pathfinders must have suspected a trap, and if so why didn't they bring their gear. I worry this letter was meant as a trap for us, but I don't see any other leads..."

Envoy's Alliance

Half-Elf Bard 4 HP 44/44 | AC 19 | Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +9 Perc +9 ◆ Default Exploration Action: Search for Clues (Bardic Lore +8)

Marcus nods to Wendy and smiles back. "I would love to."

He compares findings with his compatriots, and introduces them to Wendy. "Wendy, these are my travelling companions. Trav-"

He groans as Zabu immediately moves in, then looks back at Rhizzuk and shrugs.

"Well... we do have multiple leads... they just all lead in the same direction. Besides, isn't it our job to walk into traps? Let's make sure to walk into it prepared though."


Wendy looks oddly at Zabu "Are you his henchman? Carry his musical instruments and such when he plays?" she asks but is glad to hear that you will go with her.

Snake Tails is located in a slightly more run-down part of Hinji, within the Sailors’ Row district. Wendy's and your's journey there is uneventful, though the expensive gear you carry is eyed with envy by some of the city’s unhoused population.

"I tell you SNake Tails is the place to win some money playing cards."

Wendy opens the doors and most of the patrons look your way. After a couple of long seconds, people go back to their business, which is all sort of card games, craps, or drinking.

At the stage is a scarred female singing a sad song that does not bother anyone.

Wendy looks at Marcus "You want to get on the stage and talk to Chuck, he is that chubby fellow with a cig in his hand."

And she goes to take a sit at a table playing Pathfinder version of poker.

No one jumps on you ;) What do you do?

Horizon Hunters

Perc +11 | 25 feet | Class DC 22 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 6 HP 107/107(117/117) | AC: 23(25) | F +14 R +10 W +11

Zabu looks stunned then calls her a foul name under his breath before retreating. He grumbles for about half the trip but then drops it completely.

"Gambling's what you do when you think you're smarter than everyone else and you're wrong," he comments as he looks at all the people avidly playing games.

Instead, he goes to find more alcohol and a spot near enough to the stage that he can join any scraps that start when Marcus starts asking around.

Radiant Oath

Human Champion 5| Exploration activity: Scout | Speed 30 | HP 73/73 | AC 23 | F +12 R +12 W +11| Perception +8 | Acrobatics +13 |Diplomacy/Medicine +11 | Athletics +9 |Religion +8 | Legal Lore +7| ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

Othello sits near Wendy at the table, "Do you mind if I join you?" he asks.

Radiant Oath

M Iruxi Paladin of Erecura 5 | HP 73/73| AC 24 | F +9 R +7(+10vs Damage) W +10 | Perception +8

Rhizzuk goes to the bar and orders a drink and listens for a bit.

Eventually if nothing happens Rhizzuk will ask about a Dr. Howell.


Zabu orders a pint and takes a sit keeping his eyes and ears open. Rhizzuk follows his trail but the bartender throws

"Business or pleasure Hellknight? We need no troubles..."

=====================

Othello moves to the table and Wendy looks at him as he sees him for the first time "Oh you are one of the friends from that bard, sure. You need 10 silver pieces to enter if you know how to play."

Give me a deception check if you want to play, if you don't then you could stand as an observer around the table

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 6 | ePerc +13 (+15 Init) | tAC 25| | HP 80/80 | eF +12 eR +14 eW +13 | tAcro +13 tAthletics +11 tCraft +8 tScout L/Herbal L +8 tNature +13 tStealth +12 eSurvival + 14* tThievery +12 Human Ranger 5 (Vigilant Seal)

As Wendy lead the group to the bar, Anjo set her as his prey, expecting some deception or another. Once in the bar, Anjo takes a dark corner and keeps his eyes open.

Radiant Oath

M Iruxi Paladin of Erecura 5 | HP 73/73| AC 24 | F +9 R +7(+10vs Damage) W +10 | Perception +8

Rhizzuk responds "No official business. Does the name Dr Howell mean anything to you though?"

Vigilant Seal

Leshy| HP 80/80 | AC: 23 | F: +12 R: +10, W: +11 | Perception: +9 (T, Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

Fearful grows excited, bobbling all around. "I never played before!" He smiles and slides a gold piece across the bar. "Can you teach me?"


Anjo takes a sit keeping a close eye on Wendy. She seems to genuinely play cards. Ranger sits in the corner keeping his eyes open.

===========================

The bartender looks at Rhizzuk and gives him his drink. "Dr Howell? You must have missed your way, there are no doctors here. None of the folks that I know call themselves Howell as well."

Feel free to roll some CHA skill to gather rumors, ask around. Deception, Intimidate, Diplomacy etc.

============================

Berry looks for a teacher, a young bartender almost jumps and yells seeing berry. "Are you one of the kids, discussed as a pumpkin? As this is one of the worst pumpkin disguises I have ever seen."

After she recovers a bit she nods at some folks saying to them "This one has gold and wants to learn how to play, "

They quickly find a table and offer Berry a place at it.

@Berry you can also try to get some information from the folks that were offered to you. the DC is 20, but you can lower it by 1 for each 2 sp that you lose ;) Please declare how much money you are willing to loose and do the check. To get info to roll me a CHA check.

=============================

Everyone else who wants to ask around, needs to give a CHA skill check or adequate lore. Those keeping their eyes open and not speaking will get a different bonus, so there could be a value in that.

Radiant Oath

Human Champion 5| Exploration activity: Scout | Speed 30 | HP 73/73 | AC 23 | F +12 R +12 W +11| Perception +8 | Acrobatics +13 |Diplomacy/Medicine +11 | Athletics +9 |Religion +8 | Legal Lore +7| ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

Gather Information: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Deception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Horizon Hunters

Perc +11 | 25 feet | Class DC 22 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 6 HP 107/107(117/117) | AC: 23(25) | F +14 R +10 W +11

Zabu overhears the bartender giving Rhizzuk the runaround and joins the iruxi at the bar.

"You know, me and my friends don't like liars or people who try to hide things from us. It...frustrates us. And bad things happen when I get frustrated," he says, speaking to the bartender but looking down at his hands where he is carving a lewd picture into the bartop with one of his talons.

Intimidation: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Leshy| HP 80/80 | AC: 23 | F: +12 R: +10, W: +11 | Perception: +9 (T, Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

Berry sits at the game for quite some time. His mushy brain unable to grasp some of the simplest concepts and rules. as he loose coin after coin after coin. He smiles with each one as the real reward for Berry is being able to play with other people. Even if they do only like him for his money.

Berry smiles at the end of the game as he slides the last bit of his money across the counter, the smell of his vine causes one of the women passing by to faint, though he hardly notices.

Berry will absolutely lose 4 GP to drop the DC to 0 if possible.

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 6 | ePerc +13 (+15 Init) | tAC 25| | HP 80/80 | eF +12 eR +14 eW +13 | tAcro +13 tAthletics +11 tCraft +8 tScout L/Herbal L +8 tNature +13 tStealth +12 eSurvival + 14* tThievery +12 Human Ranger 5 (Vigilant Seal)

Anjo loses interest in Wendy and keeps a general eye out for anything suspect, particularly someone watching others like himself.

Radiant Oath

M Iruxi Paladin of Erecura 5 | HP 73/73| AC 24 | F +9 R +7(+10vs Damage) W +10 | Perception +8

Rhizzuk will not peruse the name further, but instead will keep their head up, seeing who's taken an interest in them and the like.


Othello keeps on playing, but without success. Other players are better at hiding their bluffs. But he does hear an interesting conversation.

"I spotted a body near the docks to the north of here. I knew way better than to leave it alone."

Zabu tries to intimidate the bartender but he reaches for a long and heavy club under his bar "You might have mistaken me for someone who can be intimidated. You better end that drink and then take your friend and leave."

Berry commits his wealth to earn as much as he can. His fellow players love him, while they play he hears a few things. Sure you can commit 4gp to that.

"Last night Nicky tried to cheat, but the Daughters of Cocytus are not to be trifled with. I heard that they recently captured a drake and are using it to guard something important in one of their drug dens." one of the players says in a silent voice.

Other player responds

"I heard that Mother Forsythe, their leader, is an unnerving woman who’s accompanied by some sort of weird light that’s apparently alive. They both thrive on causing terror in others, from their victims to their underlings."

Rhizzuk stops pursuing the topic, waiting for his allies to get more info.

Anjo seeing that Wendy is of no interest scans the room. He is almost certain that there is someone keeping an eye on them. She seems well hidden, but not well enough for Anjo to miss them. She does not seem to carry a visible weapon. Few seconds after you spot her she stands up and heads towards the side exit.

GM Screen:

Perception, Anjo: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Vigilant Seal

Leshy| HP 80/80 | AC: 23 | F: +12 R: +10, W: +11 | Perception: +9 (T, Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

Is Fearful able to do a recall knowledge on the descriptions of the ball of light and drake?

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 6 | ePerc +13 (+15 Init) | tAC 25| | HP 80/80 | eF +12 eR +14 eW +13 | tAcro +13 tAthletics +11 tCraft +8 tScout L/Herbal L +8 tNature +13 tStealth +12 eSurvival + 14* tThievery +12 Human Ranger 5 (Vigilant Seal)

Anjo immediately designates the spy as his prey and proceeds to follow her without her noticing.


@Berry - no, so far no.
@Anjo - will you tell about them to any of your allies, or you follow after solo? ;) In the vast history of RP splitting the team never ended badly

Vigilant Seal

Leshy| HP 80/80 | AC: 23 | F: +12 R: +10, W: +11 | Perception: +9 (T, Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

Berry smiles at his near empty bag of coins and waves his new friends goodbye. He joins back up with some of the others at the bar for a drink of what looks like fetid swamp water.

"Those saplings were nice!" He smiles and bobbles in the swiveling bar chair. "Nicky was here last night too! She cheated though." He says with a frown, drinking his sludge through his vine dipped in the glass. "Soe Daughters of Cocytus captured a drake and use it to guard their drug dens. Mother Forsythe, their leader is followed by a ball of magical light that is alive and terrifies anyone who sees it."


Anjo pats Berry on what he hopes is a shoulder and gives him a sign that they are being watched, pointing out who is watching them. Then he silently goes after...

Berry passes the news to others.

Anjo reaches to the doors and pushes them open, he sees the person going behind the corner.

Map is up Red person is dissapearing behind the corner, Anjo is outside, Everyone else is inside the tavern.

Red is walking with full speed, @Anjo if you keep on sneaking you will fall behind. If you will not sneak and the person will stop behind the corner you could be discovered.

@Everyone please declare your actions

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 6 | ePerc +13 (+15 Init) | tAC 25| | HP 80/80 | eF +12 eR +14 eW +13 | tAcro +13 tAthletics +11 tCraft +8 tScout L/Herbal L +8 tNature +13 tStealth +12 eSurvival + 14* tThievery +12 Human Ranger 5 (Vigilant Seal)

Anjo returns inside and finds Berry.

"If you are looking for a safe bet, the Daughters know we are here. They may be waiting for us when we leave."

Radiant Oath

Human Champion 5| Exploration activity: Scout | Speed 30 | HP 73/73 | AC 23 | F +12 R +12 W +11| Perception +8 | Acrobatics +13 |Diplomacy/Medicine +11 | Athletics +9 |Religion +8 | Legal Lore +7| ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

"No one will be redeemed if we lose sight of that Red person. I suggest we follow. Unfortunately, stealth and skulduggery are not my forte."

1 to 50 of 187 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PF2 / Farol] #2-23 An Agent's Obligation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.