(Outpost IV) GM Quirk's The Vast Experiment: Falling Into Deliverance (Inactive)

Game Master Quirk, Private Eye

Slides


1 to 50 of 390 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Dot in here. Game play begins on or about February 16th.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

A lovely golden android slides into the briefing room. Training behind her is a human woman in a white lab coat, carrying a clipboard.

"Hello there!" says the android, her voice like liquid velvet.

"I'm Kultanien, and this is Jopsie.." she says, indicating the other woman. "My assistant. I'm not exactly sure why I am here today, would you be able to enlighten me?"

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Technomancer 7 | SP 0 / 49 | HP 28 / 37 | RP 8 / 9| Active conditions: None | EAC 22; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +6 | Speed: 30ft / 30 ft fly(jump jets) | Spells 1st-Level 3/6 | 2nd-Level 1/5 | 3rd-Level 0/3 |

The black Ysoki nods to the android.

"Greetings." The Ysoki smiles. "My name is Fizz, Fizz Duskfinder if you want to be specific."

"Not sure about the mission, I'm just waiting for the briefing now."

"Oh, if possible, could you do me a favor? Take a look at this file and tell me if you have seen this Ysoki?"

File:

The file contains the description of a white 'Ysoki' you haven't seen before. His name is Zros, and according to the file he is Fizz's cousin and they were supposed to meet in "Absalom" which you take to mean Absalom Station.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male CG Kasatha colonist mystic 7 | SP 37/49 HP 46/46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 20 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +14 | Speed 30 ft.; climb 30 ft. | Desert Stride, Darkvision 60 ft., Healing touch 35 hp/day, Mindlink 1/day | Spell slots 5/5 first level 3/4 second level 3/3 third level |

Oddman packs all his belongings, as he usually does when going anywhere. Before leaving his room, which is completely empty, he places small pieces of thread on doors and any windows, making sure anyone opening then won't notice, but he will be able to tell if they were opened while he was away.

Inside the waiting room, he pulls a chair over to a corner, away from most people. Wherever he sits, it seems to be the darkest place in the room. When addressed, he only answers with a nod and an occasional “hm”.

Wayfinders

M Lashunta Corporate Agent Mechanic 8 SP:0/48 HP:49/52 RP:11/11 EAC:21 KAC:22 init: +4 Fort:5 Ref:9 Will:2

A broad shouldered lashunta enters the briefing room wearing a light weight but sturdy red-plaid jacket over his armor. An assortment of tools are stuffed in the belt around his waist. He grins at his fellow agents, "Hi there. Albertus borlando, pleased to meet you, you can call me Al."

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 7/Envoy 1 | SP 46/79 HP 61/61| RP 9/11 | EAC 22; KAC 25 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft, Fly 30ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: None

A dwarf in stylish combat armor strides in, followed by a mousy younger dwarf. "Hey there. Brock Laserforge, Chief Tactical Consultant with Laserforge Clan Holdings, LLC." He motions over his shoulder. "This is my nephew, Myron. He's an intern, here to learn the ropes, and provide tactical intel as needed." Brock glances around. "So, what's the mission? Diplomacy or cracking skulls? Or diplomacy by cracking skulls?"

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 7/Envoy 1 | SP 46/79 HP 61/61| RP 9/11 | EAC 22; KAC 25 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft, Fly 30ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: None

Brock looks over the dossier offered by Fizz. "Sorry to say I haven't met him. The last white ysoki I met ... well, let's just say that she and I didn't get along all that well. But best of luck finding your cousin. Family is important. Let me know if I can help out in any way."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Kultanien rises to greet each of the Starfinders as they enter. "I assume that means you are all just as mystified as I am about why we are here. Well, this will be fun! I'm hoping there will be less bloodshed than my last mission.."

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 7/Envoy 1 | SP 46/79 HP 61/61| RP 9/11 | EAC 22; KAC 25 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft, Fly 30ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: None

"We can hope," Brock says, his voice expressing a tone of doubt.

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Technomancer 7 | SP 0 / 49 | HP 28 / 37 | RP 8 / 9| Active conditions: None | EAC 22; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +6 | Speed: 30ft / 30 ft fly(jump jets) | Spells 1st-Level 3/6 | 2nd-Level 1/5 | 3rd-Level 0/3 |

Fizz sighs as the negatives come in. "Yeah, that's what I figured I might never manage to link up with him."


YOU BEGIN THIS ADVENTURE on Absalom Station, where you find yourself
meeting with several high-ranking Starfinders in a Lorespire Complex
conference room. First Seeker Ehu Hadif, a confident kasatha, stands immediately and greets the you with a
wave as they arrive. Celita, the head
of the Dataphiles faction, is engrossed in some digital project using augmented reality glasses and gloves. Standing in one of the chairs and leaning against the table to Ehu Hadif’s other side stands Fitch who seems to have been speaking
to the kasatha cordially. With your arrival, she smiles, sits, and spins the chair a few times while boosting it higher so that she’s
sitting at a similar height to the others. Celita multitasks while
listening attentively.

Ehu Hadif compliments many of you on one of your
recent adventures, ensures that everyone has access to basic
refreshments, and then directs the conversation to a new initiative:

First Seeker Ehu Hadif spreads his hands, as if beginning a
traditional kasathan tale. “On my initial day as First Seeker, I
began reviewing the Starfinders’ fleet. It is powerful: the stolid
Drake, the swift Pegasus, the indomitable Master of Stars.”

Fitch beams at the last starship’s mention. “Powerful, yet the
Starfinder Society is not about military force, but exploration!
While our starships serve this role adequately, we need new
generation of spacecraft able to reach any corner of the
Vast—and beyond. Celita, Fitch, and I sent out quiet feelers to
identify a manufacturing partner to develop a prototype. To
our surprise, an exemplary candidate contacted us: Resurgent
Technologies, an Aballonian corporation that masterfully
blends magic and technology.
We’re making excellent progress already, though we’ve hit a
snag. The instrumentation is exceptionally delicate and requires
novel calibration for our needs. That’s stymied the current crew,
and they need the inventor of those components to join the
team. Doctor Tsi Tsorsk is a decorated physicist on Resurgent
Technologies’ payroll, and she’s currently stationed on a science
station within Wehemothal, a gas giant planet in the Vast.
There’s a complication, of course: the corporation’s orders
for Dr. Tsorsk to join us have gone unanswered. The station’s
always experienced communications difficulties, requiring a
series of repeater satellites nearby to boost and receive signals,
so this isn’t unexpected; even so, Resurgent Technologies wants
help getting to the bottom of the blackout. In addition, Dr. Tsorsk
needs an escort back to Aballon to contribute to our new joint
project, and the station’s due for a supply run. Wehemothal’s
a strange planet, too, so this could be an ideal opportunity to
study it and any of the science station’s notes the staff’s willing
to share.”

Celita chimes in, “And that’s data I’d be excited to review,
which is why I’ll be coming with you.”
Fitch nonchalantly flicks
a document on her datapad toward Celita, where it displays
on the android’s glasses. Celita reads for a moment before
tearing off her glasses and glowered at the ysoki, who reclines
confidently in her chair.
Directing a pair of mollifying hands toward Celita, Ehu Hadif
interjects. “After more than a year spent repairing the Master of
Stars, Fitch accumulated quite a bit of time off, and I’ve already
approved her request. Anyway, Celita, I need your expertise
here for now. Let’s review this mission: travel with Fitch to
Wehemothal, help resolve their communications problems, drop
off the station’s supplies, perform some studies of the planet
while you’re there, make a good impression with the research
team, and bring back Doctor Tsi Tsorsk. Any questions?”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

The mighty vesk leans forward.

"You mentioned oddities about Wehemothal. What are they? And are they the reason the research station was put in orbit around it?" he starts, flexing his claws.

"I am also curious about the nature of the communications difficulties that the station has experienced. What were the exact difficulties, how were they resolved, and were they just "last hop" to the station, or related to some of the other paths of the communications path?"

He also adds "And out of curiosity... what exactly are the supplies we are dropping off? Just food?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male CG Kasatha colonist mystic 7 | SP 37/49 HP 46/46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 20 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +14 | Speed 30 ft.; climb 30 ft. | Desert Stride, Darkvision 60 ft., Healing touch 35 hp/day, Mindlink 1/day | Spell slots 5/5 first level 3/4 second level 3/3 third level |

It shall be done, seeker. I’ll ensure Fitch’s safety. No questions.

Wayfinders

M Lashunta Corporate Agent Mechanic 8 SP:0/48 HP:49/52 RP:11/11 EAC:21 KAC:22 init: +4 Fort:5 Ref:9 Will:2

"A coffee and cake run sounds like a welcome change after the last few assignments I've been on. Hopefully we should be able to help with their systems issues, I'll make sure to pick up some UPBs just in case."

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 7/Envoy 1 | SP 46/79 HP 61/61| RP 9/11 | EAC 22; KAC 25 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft, Fly 30ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: None

Brock nods approvingly as Kultainen asks the questions that were pressing on his mind. "Also, any information on this Dr. Tsorsk? If it's more than a communications issue, and the station's been compromised, we might need to locate her, so would be useful to recognize who we're looking for when we see her."

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Technomancer 7 | SP 0 / 49 | HP 28 / 37 | RP 8 / 9| Active conditions: None | EAC 22; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +6 | Speed: 30ft / 30 ft fly(jump jets) | Spells 1st-Level 3/6 | 2nd-Level 1/5 | 3rd-Level 0/3 |

Fizz seems very excited. "Oh a new spaceship! That would be lovely, I've always felt that the current models the Society uses coud use a little more balancing."

Fizz starts typing on his wrist pad. "And a hybird spaceship at that! What can you tell me about it's specs? I mean the parts that aren't classified, of course."


Kultainen Vaimo wrote:

The mighty vesk leans forward.

"You mentioned oddities about Wehemothal. What are they? And are they the reason the research station was put in orbit around it?" he starts, flexing his claws.

"I am also curious about the nature of the communications difficulties that the station has experienced. What were the exact difficulties, how were they resolved, and were they just "last hop" to the station, or related to some of the other paths of the communications path?"

He also adds "And out of curiosity... what exactly are the supplies we are dropping off? Just food?"

Celita notes, “Wehemothal has an extraordinarily

diverse gas composition that creates powerful magical and
cosmic fields—fields that physicists have created on a small scale
in labs, but Wehemothal is a huge version of those phenomena.
The research is still largely theoretical, but it could be a step
toward completely new hybrid technologies. That research
team’s only published a few findings, which suggests they’re
sitting on far more data that they’re holding back. As for your
own safety, the station and your environmental protections
should shield you from anything harmful so long as you don’t
fall into the core.”

Celita or Ehu don't have any additional information about the communication difficulties, but they do detail the cargo you'll be delivering.

Fitch pulls up a digital
list and passes it around. “We’re bringing some food and
water, medicinals, laboratory supplies, spare parts for their
communications relays, replacement jetpacks for space walks,
and the like. They have a shuttle on site, which will ferry the
supplies from our holds to their small landing pad.”

There will be a handout. I'll have the slides up by tomorrow night.


Brock Laserforge wrote:
Brock nods approvingly as Kultainen asks the questions that were pressing on his mind. "Also, any information on this Dr. Tsorsk? If it's more than a communications issue, and the station's been compromised, we might need to locate her, so would be useful to recognize who we're looking for when we see her."

Ehu Hadif projects a series of

scientific journal articles on the wall. “Dr. Tsi Tsorsk is a prolific
wrikreechee physicist who’s published extensively in the fields
of astrogation and force field generation. Her education and
early career work were both on Aballon, and she’s been leading
her own research teams funded by Resurgent Technologies for
the past four years. It’s her work that paved the way for the
new propulsion system we’re using. Beyond that, I’m told she’s
a fan of non-violent sports, kelp snacks, and speculative fiction.”

DC 10 culture (recall knowledge) or Life Science (recall knowledge):
Wrikreechees are mollusk-like humanoids that evolved on
the planet Akchios. They are relatively new to the galactic stage,
with explorers making first contact about 50 years ago. Despite
their basic technology, wrikreechees have exceptional scientific
aptitude that’s helped them thrive in Pact Worlds society.

DC 15 culture or life science:
Akchios has an eccentric orbit, and when its oceans freeze
over, wrikreechees retreat into underwater caves and shed their
shells to conserve energy. During warmer periods, wrikreechees
grow sturdy shells that allow them to move freely. Most wrikreechees
wear suits to regulate their temperature and take hormones (such as
Sywrikinate) that maintain their shells perpetually.

DC 20+ culture or life science:
Wrikreechees struggle to project their voices in air, and
they typically wear technology that helps them vocalize. They’re
gregarious, instinctively preferring crowds and tight quarters.


Here's another culture (recall knowledge) or Profession (lab technician) check you can make if you would like.

DC 10 culture or profession lab tech:
Positively ancient, Resurgent Technologies is an Aballonbased
corporation that apparently predates the Gap. It focuses on
technologies that blend magic and technology

DC 15:
Much as with many Aballonian operations, Resurgent
Technologies primarily employs technological beings. These range
from the wholly robotic anacites (Starfinder Alien Archive 10) native
to the planet and SROs (sentient robotic organisms; Starfinder Pact
Worlds 213) to a large population of androids.

DC 20+:
A being known only as the Last One took over the
corporation long ago, having dissolved its ruling council shortly
after the Gap. Apparently, something of a benign tyrant, the Last
One has quietly kept Resurgent Technologies profitable and at the
forefront of techno-magical innovation.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

culture#1: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
culture#1: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

"Oh! A Wrikrechee! I've heard about them. They are mollusk-like humanoids that evolved on the planet Akchios. They are relatively new to the galactic stage, with explorers making first contact about 50 years ago. Despite their basic technology, wrikreechees have exceptional scientific aptitude that’s helped them thrive in Pact Worlds society. "

She thinks for a moment, continuing. "Their home world is quite interesting. Akchios has an eccentric orbit, and when its oceans freeze over, wrikreechees retreat into underwater caves and shed their shells to conserve energy. During warmer periods, wrikreechees grow sturdy shells that allow them to move freely. Most wrikreechees wear suits to regulate their temperature and take hormones (such as Sywrikinate) that maintain their shells perpetually."

After a pause to allow everyone to digest the information she continues. "As they are used to underwater living Wrikreechees struggle to project their voices in air, and they typically wear technology that helps them vocalize. They’re gregarious, instinctively preferring crowds and tight quarters."

A shy smile crosses her face. "I met a lab tech from Resurgent Tech a while back. It is an Aballonbased corporation that apparently predates the Gap. It focuses on technologies that blend magic and technology. However, much as with many Aballonian operations, Resurgent Technologies primarily employs technological beings. These range from the wholly robotic anacites native to the planet and SROs (sentient robotic organisms; to a large population of androids."

She leans closer. "A mysterious being known only as the Last One took over the corporation long ago, having dissolved its ruling council shortly after the Gap. Apparently, something of a benign tyrant, the Last One has quietly kept Resurgent Technologies profitable and at the forefront of techno-magical innovation ever since."

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 7/Envoy 1 | SP 46/79 HP 61/61| RP 9/11 | EAC 22; KAC 25 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft, Fly 30ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: None

Brock nods as he hears Kultainen lay out the information. "OK, sounds like we have the information that we need. We have a ship ready to go then, Edu?"

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Technomancer 7 | SP 0 / 49 | HP 28 / 37 | RP 8 / 9| Active conditions: None | EAC 22; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +6 | Speed: 30ft / 30 ft fly(jump jets) | Spells 1st-Level 3/6 | 2nd-Level 1/5 | 3rd-Level 0/3 |

Life Science: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Culture: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

"Hmm, I didn't know about the speaking issue, though I guess that makes sense. I'll be happy to provide Life Bubble if it turns out the station is configured for water breathers."


We will move on tomorrow night. Meanwhile, I am happy to continue to answer questions. By the way, isn't it great to have an envoy for those culture rolls?

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

"That is a lot of Adamantine we are carrying." notes Kultanien.

And is the ship we are taking longer than 50'?

"I wonder why they need so much... and so much in the way of replacement equipment."

She thinks things through a bit further.

"On the plus side, if there are problems at the station and we can't dock, we can always use those jetpacks to either do the delivery, or investigate the station."

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 7/Envoy 1 | SP 46/79 HP 61/61| RP 9/11 | EAC 22; KAC 25 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft, Fly 30ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: None

Brock looks over the manifest, raising an eyebrow. "Hey, Myron," he says to his nephew, "Any idea what they might need with all of this Xenon gas?"

Hireling Physical Science: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

The younger dwarf adjusts his glasses. "Oh, well, uncle, um ..." He eventually stumbles through an explanation of any relevant facts related to Xenon gas, and likely some irrelevant facts as well.


Brock, your nephew just can't be sure what that xenon gas might before. There are a number of possible scientific uses for such a thing. It's probably something fairly routine.

You all board a modified Pegasus-class starship and are on your way (though if there were any last minute purchases I am still happy to entertain them). Fitch is on the bridge going through his pre-flight checklists and reflexively minding three of her grandchildren that are accompanying her on this journey.

Fitch waves off any concern about taking these young ones on this journey. "I have been promising a vacation to my older kids for quite some time, and now that work is winding down on the Master of Stars this is a great opportunity for them. This is a safe mission, and it's a chance for them to learn from some true professionals from the Society!"

There are three of Fitch's grandchildren aboard the ship.

You all have the opportunity to impress these wee ones. Should you succeed at an appropriate DC 18 check (see below for appropriate skills), there could be some assistance they offer later. Please note that you only need one success from among all of you with Reepu to gain her benefit; but you can all potentially gain some benefit individually from Kiha and Zivv. By the way, I intend to reward strong role playing here. Should make a fun post that entertains myself and your fellow players, you will get the benefit even if your role narrowly fails. Oh...you need to choose ONE of the wee ones to focus your attention on during the one week transit. Just one roll each!

Kiha (Female, age 7) is the oldest. Seven is equivalent to a teenager by ysoki standards. You notice that when she is with her younger sister and cousin, she adopts the seriousness of a "big sister". When alone, her posturing fades and she tirelessly tinkers with programming and science homework. She is sure to appreciate mentoring from academic professionals!

Computers, Engineering, Life Science, Physical Science,
or any science- or education-oriented Profession skill (e.g. lab
technician or professor) checks can impress Kiha.

Reepu and Zivv will be in my next post in just a bit.


REEPU (female, 3 years) is a budding diva who loves everything that sparkles, whirs, or explodes. She's endlessly curious about the starship and will goad ANY of you to trying dangerous maneuvers or firing lasers at nearby debris, all while making explosion sounds! She loves playing games like dress-up and hide-and-seek, and because she's a finicky eater, little earns her admiration more than someone who can prepare her food just how she likes it!

Disguise, Piloting, Profession (cook), Sleight of Hand, or
Stealth checks can impress Reepu.


Zivv (male, 4 years): Zivv is a boundless font of energy
who delights in bouncing off the walls and pretending to be
a starfighter plane for hours on end. One of the few ways to
keep him still is clever storytelling, as he’s utterly fixated by
stories of adventure, ugly aliens, and childishly rude humor.

Acrobatics, Athletics, Bluff, Culture, or any movementor
storytelling-oriented Profession skill (e.g. actor, comedian,
dancer, or orator) checks can impress Zivv.

As I said, have fun with these. I have a feeling this may be the highlight of the adventure (or...maybe not--there is some awfully cool stuff around the corner!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Kultanien, as is her want, settles down with the young boy.

"Oh my, you are a bundle of energy! You'd love to meet my friend Guunz, she is a pilot and rumour has it that there has never yet been a left over barf bag after she has been piloting a ship in combat." she grins.

"But the Society has had a lot of famous pilots over the years. And I've flown with more than a few of them. On one of my early missions we were exploring the false-moon of Salvation, when a set of goblin ships came at us!" Slowly she gives a blow by blow description of the battle, and the goblin ships going down in a blaze.

The she settles into telling stores of other famous space battles.
culture: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Folding paper planes as she tells the story, the golden android sends them flying through the air, crashing into walls and evaporating into atoms (also known as landing in the waste basket).

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male CG Kasatha colonist mystic 7 | SP 37/49 HP 46/46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 20 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +14 | Speed 30 ft.; climb 30 ft. | Desert Stride, Darkvision 60 ft., Healing touch 35 hp/day, Mindlink 1/day | Spell slots 5/5 first level 3/4 second level 3/3 third level |

Oddman just sits in dark corners, looking ominous. If any kid comes close he uses his shadow powers to disappear!

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Lashunta Corporate Agent Mechanic 8 SP:0/48 HP:49/52 RP:11/11 EAC:21 KAC:22 init: +4 Fort:5 Ref:9 Will:2

Alberto picks up 3k in UPBs, some ion tape, a couple of zip sticks and maybe some grenades before heading boarding the ship
Alberto stops by Kiha's workstation"Hey there, watcha coding up? Hmm that's neat, but a bubble sort might not be the best choice with a large data set. Let me show you another one that's almost as easy to code, but much more efficient. "
computers: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30


Oddman wrote:
Oddman just sits in dark corners, looking ominous. If any kid comes close he uses his shadow powers to disappear!

One day Zivv comes around the corner and sees you disappear. As you step away, he looks around in a most puzzled manner.

Later that day he sees you again in the galley. "Hey mister! Hey mister! Do that thing where you disappear again! That was KEWL!"

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Technomancer 7 | SP 0 / 49 | HP 28 / 37 | RP 8 / 9| Active conditions: None | EAC 22; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +6 | Speed: 30ft / 30 ft fly(jump jets) | Spells 1st-Level 3/6 | 2nd-Level 1/5 | 3rd-Level 0/3 |

Fizz ends up spending a lot of time with Reepu, as he is most regularly in the cockpit, if not piloting then working on the scanner counsel.

Pilot: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

"Of course I'm not primarily a pilot," Fizz says as he put the ship through a few maneuvers that were not strictly necessary. "I mostly got into piloting through my work in computers. I was champion in Near Space Fighter Sim: Ultimate Edition for three years running. Then they banned custom co-pilot scripts and the old strategies fell by the wayside."

Fizz shrugs while putting the ship through a tight corkscrew spiral. "I had joined the Society at that point, so I felt my time would be better spent working with the Society over trying to adapt to that kludge of a standard co-pilot bot."

Fizz grins at Reepu, "Of course, I'm always up for a friendly match. When I'm not on duty of course."


Kultainen:
SUCCESS! Although Zivv doesn’t directly help
during the adventure, keeping up with the energetic youngster
means that you are well exercised and
ready for action. You will be able to reroll one failed saving throw
or Acrobatics, Athletics, Piloting, or Stealth check during the next encounter.[/ooc]

[spoiler=Albertus]SUCCESS! Kiha periodically communicates with you
as you're working on technological challenges, and the first
time you fail a Computers or Engineering check called for by
the adventure by 4 or less, Kiha points out a clever solution
that turns the failure into a success.

Fizz:
SUCCESS! Reepu will be assisting you at some point toward the end of the adventure.

Oddman and Brock, are you sure you don't want to engage with one Fitch's grandchildren?


Albertus:
SUCCESS! Kiha periodically communicates with you
as you're working on technological challenges, and the first
time you fail a Computers or Engineering check called for by
the adventure by 4 or less, Kiha points out a clever solution
that turns the failure into a success.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male CG Kasatha colonist mystic 7 | SP 37/49 HP 46/46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 20 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +14 | Speed 30 ft.; climb 30 ft. | Desert Stride, Darkvision 60 ft., Healing touch 35 hp/day, Mindlink 1/day | Spell slots 5/5 first level 3/4 second level 3/3 third level |
GM Quirk wrote:
Oddman and Brock, are you sure you don't want to engage with one Fitch's grandchildren?

Oddman is my quintessential anti-social character (though this is the third scenario in a roll with social combat which I end up signing him up for - they should definitely add a Social tag), he wants nothing to do with children or people in general, unless it's effectively part of the mission.

Oddman casts Spider Climb and disappears inside an air vent.

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 7/Envoy 1 | SP 46/79 HP 61/61| RP 9/11 | EAC 22; KAC 25 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft, Fly 30ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: None

Brock's nephew, Myron, spends time chatting with Kiha about his various
fields of interests, encouraging the young ysoki in her academic pursuits.

Engineering/Life Science/Physical Science: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Brock at one point tries to chat with Reepu, but has nothing much to discuss with her. He gives a couple of tips on disgusing oneself, but isn't much of an expert on the subject. When the topic of cooking comes up, he does mutter, "I did do some cooking on a reality holovid one time ..."

Disguise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

One of my boons would actually give me a +3 to Profession(cooking) here, but alas it is untrained.

He finds some pleasure in hanging with Zivv, though, and seems able to keep up with the young one's immense energy, running through the halls, climbing the walls of the cargo hold, and doing other activities ... though he does climb out of his armor before some of the more strenuous activities.

Athletics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21


Brock:
Actually, you're only supposed to choose one of the wee ones to interact with. Since the group has already earned the one bonus from Reepu, let me recommend you take the bonus from Zivv. Keeping up with the energetic youngster
means that each PC who impressed him is well exercised and
ready for action; each such PC can reroll one failed saving throw
or Acrobatics, Athletics, Piloting, or Stealth check during the
next enounter.


Fitch calls the PCs to the bridge as she gets ready to take the
starship out of the Drift. Wehemothal is a beautiful planet with
swirls of orange, cerulean, and purple clouds. Fitch coordinates
scanning the planet, pulling the relay satellite’s data, and
initiating contact with Deep Indigo.

There are three tasks. Each of you may choose ONE of them, and may roll the appropriate DC 18 skill check. After everyone makes a roll, I will give you the appropriate information based on the results.

Scanning the Planet (Mysticism or Physical Science)

Securing Satellite Data (Computers, Culture, or Sense Motive)

Contacting the Station (Computers, Engineering, or Perception

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 7/Envoy 1 | SP 46/79 HP 61/61| RP 9/11 | EAC 22; KAC 25 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft, Fly 30ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: None

"Here, Kultainen, let me help you in securing that satellite data ..." As the data begins flowing in, he frowns. "Looks like there's some encryption here ... I know a few useful cyphers ..."

Culture(aid): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

With Kultainen's +16 Culture, I believe that's an auto-success on securing the satellite data

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male CG Kasatha colonist mystic 7 | SP 37/49 HP 46/46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 20 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +14 | Speed 30 ft.; climb 30 ft. | Desert Stride, Darkvision 60 ft., Healing touch 35 hp/day, Mindlink 1/day | Spell slots 5/5 first level 3/4 second level 3/3 third level |

Oddman ignores the computers systems and uses some dark rocks thrown inside a circle drawn with black chalk to divine the information needed.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

With the other auto-sucess from Fizz on Computers for Contacting the Station, we got all three checks

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Technomancer 7 | SP 0 / 49 | HP 28 / 37 | RP 8 / 9| Active conditions: None | EAC 22; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +6 | Speed: 30ft / 30 ft fly(jump jets) | Spells 1st-Level 3/6 | 2nd-Level 1/5 | 3rd-Level 0/3 |

Fizz quickly pulls up the comms and contacts the station.

Computers: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Kultanien settles into the chair, and starts to connect to the satellites.

"Gosh, but there is some odd information here"
culture, aid: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 16 + 2 = 34

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 7/Envoy 1 | SP 46/79 HP 61/61| RP 9/11 | EAC 22; KAC 25 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft, Fly 30ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: None

Brock raises an eyebrow skeptically at the kasathan's methodology.


A bit of an information dump tonight. You can discuss this a bit as you make plans to board the station (which we will attempt starting tomorrow).

Scanning the Planet (from Oddman's Mysticism): As
advertised, Wehemothal projects numerous powerful energies,
including electromagnetic and magical fields. The latter are
intangible magical pulses that trigger bursts of static but don’t
seem to represent any overt threat, though a spellcaster could
draw upon that energy (see slide 4). The scanners
can sense five different technological probes in the planet’s
middle and lower atmosphere, three of which are still online and
sending meteorological data. Logs suggest that Indigo Deep has
experienced fairly typical weather for the past month, though the
lower atmosphere experienced severe turbulence about 20 days
ago.

Securing Satellite Data (Kultainen's culture roll):
The communications satellite in orbit is in good working order.
Using passcodes provided by Resurgent Technologies, you
analyze the logs, finding that Indigo Deep attempts to send
updates to the home offices about once a week, though thanks
to planetary interference, about half of these reach the satellite
in a corrupted format. The station’s shuttle periodically travels
to the satellite to try rebroadcasting the messages. The satellite
successfully received the request for Dr. Tsorsk’s return, though
the data logs notes the message failed to reach the station. The
last update was 20 days ago, and the last outgoing message was
a short, corrupted broadcast 18 days ago. That last message was
flagged as a distress call.

Contacting the Station (Fizz's Computers):
You receives no verbal response from Indigo Deep, though the
station does provide an automated series of diagnostics that the
you can supplement with information from the starship’s scanners.
The data shows Indigo Deep has sustained considerable exterior
damage, most notably its communications antenna, its landing
pad (which is shorn off, with no sign of the station’s shuttle), and
several large dents to the hull. Life-support systems are running at
minimal capacity, half of the anti-debris lasers are offline, the space platform (a thruster-propelled platform for moving larger loads) is damaged, and the station has 19 discrete life signatures.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

"Well, it would appear that something catastrophic happened three weeks ago." notes the golden girl.

"And with no landing pad, I'm not sure we can risk bringing our ship into the station directly."
How big is the ship we are in? Does it fit in the 50' category?

"Luckily we have those maneuvering packs in the hold. I do wonder if the weather problems were related to the station problems. And which way around the causal relationship went."

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 7/Envoy 1 | SP 46/79 HP 61/61| RP 9/11 | EAC 22; KAC 25 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft, Fly 30ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: None

Brock shakes his head as he checks his weapons. He says, rather matter-of-factly, "Of course it did. If the Society isn't sending us to a remote outpost where we know something catastrophic happened, they're sending us to a remote outpost where something catastrophic unexpectedly happened before we got here." He clips his handaxe into the quick-release sheath mounted in his armor, then taps his radiation badge to make sure it is in place and fully charged. "I'm not sure how, but I'm suspecting we'll find zombies are the cause of this ..."

He points to Myron. "You stay here. I'll call over comms if I need any intel, 'k lad?" Myron nods, seeming pleased with this division of labor, particularly after mention of zombies.

He holds up a cable. "Dangit ... I keep forgetting to get me a grappler. Well, looks like someone'll have to lower me down and I'll clip this to the station's airlock the old fashioned way. I've got a 200-foot line, so should be OK, so long as the pilot can hold this thing study. Then the rest of you can climb down. Anybody who can't fly, that is ..."

I'm assuming this ship can drop down into the atmosphere, at least, even if it cannot land on the station.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male CG Kasatha colonist mystic 7 | SP 37/49 HP 46/46 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 20 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +14 | Speed 30 ft.; climb 30 ft. | Desert Stride, Darkvision 60 ft., Healing touch 35 hp/day, Mindlink 1/day | Spell slots 5/5 first level 3/4 second level 3/3 third level |

"Are you coming down?" Oddman asks Fitch.

Wayfinders

M Lashunta Corporate Agent Mechanic 8 SP:0/48 HP:49/52 RP:11/11 EAC:21 KAC:22 init: +4 Fort:5 Ref:9 Will:2

Albertus checks his custom rig and armor as he prepares to seal it, "I can fly that over if you like, I'm sure we'll get this sorted out in no time."

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Technomancer 7 | SP 0 / 49 | HP 28 / 37 | RP 8 / 9| Active conditions: None | EAC 22; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +6 | Speed: 30ft / 30 ft fly(jump jets) | Spells 1st-Level 3/6 | 2nd-Level 1/5 | 3rd-Level 0/3 |

"I can fly, sort of, but if anyone is really space-capable that would be better. Also, call it paranoia, but let's bring our full kit; we don't know who those lifeforms are."

1 to 50 of 390 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Quirk's The Vast Experiment: Falling Into Deliverance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.