Tyrant's Grasp II: Eulogy for Roslar's Coffer

Game Master CrusaderWolf

Roll20 Game Link

Loot Doc


401 to 450 of 4,027 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Clocks tool TG Roll20 link

Ketra carefully scans the door for signs of danger and sees none, so she and Wallace unlatch it and pull it open. The chamber inside appears to be a sort of showroom; Murals around this room depict several weapons, including many different rapiers and several lances. Each weapon depicted has a plaque next to it. A door stands in the
south wall, and stairs rising upwards occupy an alcove to the west.

A hooded figure kneels at the foot of the stairs, head bowed as though in prayer. When the door opens the figure rises to its feet with a creaking groan like a metal beam giving way. Turning to face Wallace, it's face skeletal and metallic--it resembles the ruined statue you found below, when you battled the ostovites.

"By the Spiral, there is no end to the desecrations," the figure says in a soft, deep voice. It steps forward to the edge of the alcove, staring at Wallace and Ketra with a steady, unblinking gaze. It shows signs of being damaged, scratches and rents torn in the metal robes that go all the way to the floor.

Arcana DC11:

This creature is a celedon, a divinely created construct. Forged of the purest extraplanar metals, every celedon exists to serve a single deity. Each possesses a boundless willingness to praise their deity’s name, whether through song, oration, mock battle, or whatever performance their creator favors. Most spend the entirety of their existences tending a single holy place, repeating rituals, perfecting services, and creating new works to laud their particular deities.

Knowledge Religion DC12:

A robed skeleton is one of the motifs used to depict the servants of Pharasma, who usher souls to their proper judgement. Invocations of the Spiral are also common amongst her faithful, a reference to Pharasma's holy symbol and a recurring concept in her teachings.


Garret Fallows | Peri-Blooded Halfling Sorcerer (Solar Bloodline) 7 | Speed 30 | Initiative +2 | Perception +5 | Hp: 29/44 (29) | AC 19 (Touch 14, FF 17) | CMD 11 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +6 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electricity 5, Fire 10 | Active Conditions: Level-Drained (3), Mage Armor

Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

”This is a Celedon, a divinely created construct dedicated to the service of a particular deity,” comments Garret, adding, ”They perform service to their god without pause or faltering.”


LG Female Tiefling Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 / Paladin of Ragathiel (Divine Hunter) 6 | 53/53 HP | AC19 T14 FF15 | CMD21 | F +10 R +10 W +6 | Spd 30 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Craft (Alchemy) +11, Diplomacy +9, Handle Animal +12, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (Religion) +11, Perception +10, Sense Motive +11 | Grit: 2/2 | Smite Evil 2/2 | Lay on Hands 4/5 | Divine Bond 1/1 | Stamina: 8/8 | Active Conditions: None

Religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

"Pharasmins built a machine that prays?" Silvia asks in disbelief. "What's the point?"

Silver Crusade

Human Knight of Arnisant 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 20 T: 11 FF: 19 CMD: 15 | F+5 R+1 W+2 +2vsFear | Init +1 | Perception +6 Challenge 0/1

Wallace keeps his sword low but his shield high. "We mean you no harm. We are simply trying to leave," he explains. "We've desecrated nothing, but we have stopped some Mites from possibly doing so." Although the shield and armor we just found might have been meant for the deceased, now that I stop to question it... Damn! Why can't anything just be simple for a moment? Not event he Mites were simple.

If the Celedon doesn't become hostile, he continues. "Can you help us? Or at least answer a few of our questions?"
________
Wallace will also help search for traps before opening any doors! Otherwise I agree that Ketra and Wallace should be in front.


Clocks tool TG Roll20 link

Garret:

Celedons are sentient, and have all the standard construct traits. Your roll also earns you three questions about them!


Garret Fallows | Peri-Blooded Halfling Sorcerer (Solar Bloodline) 7 | Speed 30 | Initiative +2 | Perception +5 | Hp: 29/44 (29) | AC 19 (Touch 14, FF 17) | CMD 11 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +6 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electricity 5, Fire 10 | Active Conditions: Level-Drained (3), Mage Armor

Garret's questions:

Spoiler:

-> Special Defenses: DR, etc.
-> Elemental Resistances/Immunities
-> Special Attacks: whatever...

(Not 100% sure if that counts as all 3 questions, but there you have it).


Clocks tool TG Roll20 link

DR and energy resistances would both fall under Defenses, if you’d like to add a third question.


Garret Fallows | Peri-Blooded Halfling Sorcerer (Solar Bloodline) 7 | Speed 30 | Initiative +2 | Perception +5 | Hp: 29/44 (29) | AC 19 (Touch 14, FF 17) | CMD 11 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +6 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electricity 5, Fire 10 | Active Conditions: Level-Drained (3), Mage Armor

Okay, how about Alignment?


Male duskwalker druid (death druid) 7 | HP: 39/39| AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +10 (+6 vs. neg nrg, death eff; +4 (class) vs energy drain; +2 (race) vs undead, sakhil) | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Speed 40 | +1 seeking longbow +9 (1d8+1/x3); mwk sickle +9 (1d6), ghost hunter 1/day | Spells: 4th 1/1; 3rd 3/3; 2nd 4/4 1st 4/5 |*Active: Ext. Mage Armor, Longstrider

Sanduro will stay towards the rear, while Zsofia will range ahead and linger behind depending on circumstances.

"A Pharasmin machine? That is surprising!" Sanduro leans forward, trying to see past his friends in the doorway.

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"By the Spiral, indeed! It's a robed skeleton from temple murals and statues come to life!" Sanduro pauses as the skeleton's words sink in. "Wait, what do you mean, there's no end to descecration? Has someone else come through this way?"


Art | Female Duskwalker Dancer 7 | AC: 26 T: 17 FF: 23 | CMD: 24 | HP: 61/64 | F+5 R+9 W+7 (+2 vs. stagger)(+2 vs. NEng,Death,Undead)(Evasion)| Init +3 | Perc +13 | Routine 2nd: 3/6 3rd: 1/3 | Active Status:: (bark)

Ketra points to Wallace "Exactly what he said. We're not here to desecrate anything, just to get back to the town up above. In fact, we've been punching a lot of other creatures that were desecrating the heck out of this place. Some ostovites on the lower floor and some of the bad mites over on this one."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"Speaking of, there was another one like you below, but not in good shape. I think the ostovites must have got them."


Clocks tool TG Roll20 link

Apologies for the slow response time, spent all day at a state park with no internet access.

Garret:

Alignment: a celedon's alignment can vary widely depending on which deity they serve--a celedon dedicated to Iomedae might be forthright and valorous, while one devoted to Norgerber might be a sly, conniving liar or outright murderous. If this celedon is dedicated to Pharasma, it's likely to be True Neutral in alignment, reflecting the goddess' impartial position as judge and guardian of the cycle of souls.

Special Defenses: Though they possess all the standard immunities of constructs, celedons' forms are relatively delicate and not particularly resistant to physical or energy damage--their purpose is typically not for combat.

Special Attacks: A celedon's touch can flood the target's mind with divine instruction, overwhelming them with a deluge of sanctioned knowledge (Stunning the target on a failed save). In addition, celedons possess the ability to perform holy or unholy hymns which can fascinate listeners, buying them or other guardians time to respond to enemies.

Wallace wrote:
"We've desecrated nothing, but we have stopped some Mites from possibly doing so."

Wallace Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

"The mites are known to me, and are not welcome. I know not how you came to be here, but you are not welcome either." The celedon's voice is smooth, impassive, and implacable.

Ketra wrote:
"Speaking of, there was another one like you below, but not in good shape. I think the ostovites must have got them."

The celedon pauses, then bows its head. "Then it is as I feared, The Fourth has ended. I had hoped that perhaps they were able to retreat as I did. You say you destroyed their destroyer, yet you walk alongside tomb robbers. Explain yourself." Rudgib, lurking in the doorway behind you, sneers at the celedon and says something to it in his own language. If the celedon is bothered by the apparent insult--or even understands a word of what was said--it gives no sign


Art | Female Duskwalker Dancer 7 | AC: 26 T: 17 FF: 23 | CMD: 24 | HP: 61/64 | F+5 R+9 W+7 (+2 vs. stagger)(+2 vs. NEng,Death,Undead)(Evasion)| Init +3 | Perc +13 | Routine 2nd: 3/6 3rd: 1/3 | Active Status:: (bark)

Ketra shrugs "We don't know too much about why we're here. But its against our own wills. We came across something back in Roslar's Coffer that flashed some kind of magic light, and the next thing we knew we were inside caskets down below. Right weird course of events." She holds her hands up in a gesture of helplessness. "Fine by me if we're not welcome. Heck, I've been feeling not welcome for a while now, what with everything trying to kill us. Seems uncalled for, if you ask me."

"Oh and there's also the teensy issue of the evil ghost trapped in the gem. You know all about that, I hope?" She sticks a thumb back over her shoulder toward the south.


Clocks tool TG Roll20 link

The celedon raises its head and turns that impassive gaze to Ketra. "A strange tale, and irrelevant. You should leave this place." At Ketra's question about the creature in the crystal it shakes its head. "It is no ghost. Roslar defeated it in life but could not slay it, so it was buried in his tomb. Its care is now counted amongst our duties, you may not have it."

Rudgib hawks and spits on the ground. "Barpple not even finish breaking you! Rudgib make sure. Stupid statue say us not have shiny, block upstairs, then stupid statue get more broken!"

Silver Crusade

Human Knight of Arnisant 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 20 T: 11 FF: 19 CMD: 15 | F+5 R+1 W+2 +2vsFear | Init +1 | Perception +6 Challenge 0/1

Ignoring their Mite ally, Wallace looks to the others. "If they will give us directions to the exit, I say we depart. Not to speak for each of you, but that's simply what I've wanted since arising," he explains, lowering his shield.
________
Unless someone disagrees, Wallace will ask the Celedon how to leave and then proceed to do just that!


Male duskwalker druid (death druid) 7 | HP: 39/39| AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +10 (+6 vs. neg nrg, death eff; +4 (class) vs energy drain; +2 (race) vs undead, sakhil) | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Speed 40 | +1 seeking longbow +9 (1d8+1/x3); mwk sickle +9 (1d6), ghost hunter 1/day | Spells: 4th 1/1; 3rd 3/3; 2nd 4/4 1st 4/5 |*Active: Ext. Mage Armor, Longstrider

Sanduro nods in agreement. "That's the whole reason we came to an arrangement with Rudgib, isn't it? If this guardian of the tomb can show us the way out, then mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned."


Female medium outsider (phantom) | HP:45/45 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 DR 5/magic & slash | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +5 (+4 morale vs enchant) | Init: +3 | Perc: +6 (darkvision), SM: +0 | Speed 30 | slamx2 +10/+10 (2d6+2* ecto; 2d6+4* inco) | *Active: Ecto. Mani.; Grtr Magic Fang

Zsofia turns to glare at Sanduro. "Ahem. Some of us agreed to help the little blue jerk because he promised us loot," she mutters.


LG Female Tiefling Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 / Paladin of Ragathiel (Divine Hunter) 6 | 53/53 HP | AC19 T14 FF15 | CMD21 | F +10 R +10 W +6 | Spd 30 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Craft (Alchemy) +11, Diplomacy +9, Handle Animal +12, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (Religion) +11, Perception +10, Sense Motive +11 | Grit: 2/2 | Smite Evil 2/2 | Lay on Hands 4/5 | Divine Bond 1/1 | Stamina: 8/8 | Active Conditions: None

"We don't want it," Silvia says, her tone exasperated, "but somebody does. They sent the mites here to grab it. I don't know what that thing is, but it's bad news, and it needs to be dealt with before somebody stronger and smarter than these guys comes to get it."


Garret Fallows | Peri-Blooded Halfling Sorcerer (Solar Bloodline) 7 | Speed 30 | Initiative +2 | Perception +5 | Hp: 29/44 (29) | AC 19 (Touch 14, FF 17) | CMD 11 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +6 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electricity 5, Fire 10 | Active Conditions: Level-Drained (3), Mage Armor

"It seems to me that this gem is a very important prison, and must be properly guarded so that the powerful evil creature within is never released," starts Garret after listening to the others discuss the situation. "I am concerned that its current defenses are weak if a group of mites have gotten this close to acquiring it and your companions are being overcome, Celedon of Pharasma," he considers.

Looking up, he summarizes, "In addition to securing the evil one's prison, we wish to be able to exit this tomb and return to our land--our town was attacked and we need to find out what has happened to it."

Finishing with a question for the automaton, Garret asks, "Is there any way to destroy the evil spirit so it can never be released? And can you tell us how to exit this tomb?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Clocks tool TG Roll20 link
Garret wrote:
"Is there any way to destroy the evil spirit so it can never be released? And can you tell us how to exit this tomb?"

"I know little of the crystal, save what can be gleaned from the murals, but my instructions were clear. Perhaps it can be destroyed, I know not. If you are willing to depart, then my duty would be fulfilled. However The First and Second guard the level above, and they outrank me. I cannot vouch for their response to your trespass." The celedon folds its hands together in a pose of prayerful contemplation. "Perhaps an act of penance would help sway them? After all, you are not the only intruders." It does not look at Rudgib.

Sanduro wrote:
"That's the whole reason we came to an arrangement with Rudgib, isn't it? If this guardian of the tomb can show us the way out, then mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned."

"That not the deal!" Rudgib howls, incensed. "You say you help Rudgib become cappan again! Then we take shiny and go home, while you gets loots and goes home! That the deal!"

"You may not have the crystal, nor may you plunder the tomb I am charged with keeping," the celedon's deep voice is resolute, but there is a weary edge to it. It surveys your group with its steady eyeless gaze.


Art | Female Duskwalker Dancer 7 | AC: 26 T: 17 FF: 23 | CMD: 24 | HP: 61/64 | F+5 R+9 W+7 (+2 vs. stagger)(+2 vs. NEng,Death,Undead)(Evasion)| Init +3 | Perc +13 | Routine 2nd: 3/6 3rd: 1/3 | Active Status:: (bark)

Audibly murmuring agreement at Garret's last statement, Ketra adds "We don't want it really anyway." And she side-eyes Rudgib "And I think now that this nice Pharasmite has explained things to everyone, I think Rudgib doesn't want it either. After all, he'd probably just get gobbled up by the evil inside, or gobbled up by the witches after he brings it back to them. Either way, not good. Can't be a captain if you're dead."

She runs a hand through her hair as she asks "What kind of penance would we need? What would satisfy your friends, exactly?"


Clocks tool TG Roll20 link

"I would not expect them to react well to intruders, for they are as devoted to their duty as I. However, if those intruders had defended our holy charge from desecrators--well, much can be forgiven of those who avenged The Fourth."

Sense Motive DC12:

He won't say directly due to Rudgib's presence, but The Third would like you to drive the mites out of the tombs.

Sense Motive DC18:

It's hard to read a fleshless metal skeleton in a metal robe, but The Third's injuries and aloofness lead you to suspect that they are not especially concerned with mollifying First or Second--rather, they are trying to accomplish via you what they failed to accomplish their self.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Garret Fallows | Peri-Blooded Halfling Sorcerer (Solar Bloodline) 7 | Speed 30 | Initiative +2 | Perception +5 | Hp: 29/44 (29) | AC 19 (Touch 14, FF 17) | CMD 11 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +6 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electricity 5, Fire 10 | Active Conditions: Level-Drained (3), Mage Armor

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
"Yes, we should all leave the tomb--without disturbing the evil relic's resting place, as it is guarded by the protectors here," says Garret thoughtfully.

"Rudgib, as the new mite leader, you have to opportunity to gather your forces and leave here, leaving the dead unmolested and choosing a different path for your people--one that does not involve robbing tombs of evil items desired by the witches. What do you say?" he asks the mite.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Male duskwalker druid (death druid) 7 | HP: 39/39| AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +10 (+6 vs. neg nrg, death eff; +4 (class) vs energy drain; +2 (race) vs undead, sakhil) | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Speed 40 | +1 seeking longbow +9 (1d8+1/x3); mwk sickle +9 (1d6), ghost hunter 1/day | Spells: 4th 1/1; 3rd 3/3; 2nd 4/4 1st 4/5 |*Active: Ext. Mage Armor, Longstrider

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"It looks to me as though you are the captain again, Rudgib, at least of all of your people who are able to follow. And we cleared the way for you to get the gem if you're sure you want it -- we don't know how to destroy the creature trapped inside it, though, and even if you survive picking it up, this guardian of the tomb has said you may not leave with it. Think about it, then do the smart thing and leave while you can."

Diplomacy to aid Garret: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
(Note: Sanduro has a -3 to diplomacy checks to gather information or change attitude from his Stigmatized drawback, but I don't think it applies to attempts to persuade.)


Art | Female Duskwalker Dancer 7 | AC: 26 T: 17 FF: 23 | CMD: 24 | HP: 61/64 | F+5 R+9 W+7 (+2 vs. stagger)(+2 vs. NEng,Death,Undead)(Evasion)| Init +3 | Perc +13 | Routine 2nd: 3/6 3rd: 1/3 | Active Status:: (bark)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Ketra nods in agreement with Garret's smoothtalking. "You do want to stay in one piece, don't you Rudgib? Think. If you manage to convince the other mites to go with you, and you get out of here without being killed by gems or pharasma-bound fellows like this one, they'll even see you as a hero. A savior of your band."

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Getting the sense that even if we sway Rudgib, the other mites are going to have to be killed if we mean to advance without smashing every Pharasma-bot in this place.

Silver Crusade

Human Knight of Arnisant 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 20 T: 11 FF: 19 CMD: 15 | F+5 R+1 W+2 +2vsFear | Init +1 | Perception +6 Challenge 0/1

"Life is what you make of it, I trust you to make the best choice," Wallace adds to the chorus of calls for Rudgib to lead his forces back home. With an agreement of sorts at hand, he relaxes his guard for now.
________
Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 ⇒ 12


Garret Fallows | Peri-Blooded Halfling Sorcerer (Solar Bloodline) 7 | Speed 30 | Initiative +2 | Perception +5 | Hp: 29/44 (29) | AC 19 (Touch 14, FF 17) | CMD 11 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +6 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electricity 5, Fire 10 | Active Conditions: Level-Drained (3), Mage Armor

With three successful aids, that makes it a 35 Diplomacy check--amazing for first level! Hopefully this resolves the situation.


Clocks tool TG Roll20 link

That's enough that you hit the cap for how much you can influence someone's attitude--he moves from Unfriendly to Friendly, but can't be nudged all the way to Helpful at this time per the Diplomacy rules. Clutch roll, Garret!

Rubgib is quiet for a long time, apparently thinking hard. "You think...us could just leave? Not go back to Mag Tureah?" He looks apprehensive about the idea, but slowly nods. "Maybe, maybe. Us not actually so important there, and lots of us die on stupid job for witches for stupid death shiny. Maybe Rudgib be like you! Go somewhere else, has adventures and get lots of loot!" He gets that cagey look again. "If Rudgib become cappan again, could make all us go away. Eh? Eh? Probably gots to kill Barpple to do that." He doesn't seem the least bit bothered by the prospect. Still LE :p


Clocks tool TG Roll20 link

I'm going to let the party lead the action here. There's a couple of ways this could play out so if you need some time or want to talk it out in Discussion please feel free!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Art | Female Duskwalker Dancer 7 | AC: 26 T: 17 FF: 23 | CMD: 24 | HP: 61/64 | F+5 R+9 W+7 (+2 vs. stagger)(+2 vs. NEng,Death,Undead)(Evasion)| Init +3 | Perc +13 | Routine 2nd: 3/6 3rd: 1/3 | Active Status:: (bark)

Ketra crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow at the mite, a little fed up with his bloodthirsty attitude. "Well, you're part of the way there."

Sense Motive; is he being honest: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

She looks over at the caledon "So we're going to do our best to get these fellows out of the tomb, one way or another, yeah? Rudgib here is agreeing to leave with the rest of his crew. Satisfied enough to let us go through now?"

So I think this hinges on what the caledons are going to accept. We don't know if the rest of the mites are just going to be up one floor or if they're more spread out, but maybe we can round them all up. Then herd them through the crack in the wall and move a shelf or something over so they can't get back through. :)

Ultimately though, I think Ketra is inclined to avoid angering a bunch of Pharasma's servants even if they're just constructs. If we have to fight the mites to do so, she'll probably be unhappy but go along with it. They've shown themselves to be pretty awful so far.


Garret Fallows | Peri-Blooded Halfling Sorcerer (Solar Bloodline) 7 | Speed 30 | Initiative +2 | Perception +5 | Hp: 29/44 (29) | AC 19 (Touch 14, FF 17) | CMD 11 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +6 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electricity 5, Fire 10 | Active Conditions: Level-Drained (3), Mage Armor

Garret is completely on board with Ketra’s approach.


LG Female Tiefling Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 / Paladin of Ragathiel (Divine Hunter) 6 | 53/53 HP | AC19 T14 FF15 | CMD21 | F +10 R +10 W +6 | Spd 30 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Craft (Alchemy) +11, Diplomacy +9, Handle Animal +12, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (Religion) +11, Perception +10, Sense Motive +11 | Grit: 2/2 | Smite Evil 2/2 | Lay on Hands 4/5 | Divine Bond 1/1 | Stamina: 8/8 | Active Conditions: None

"Baby steps," Silvia mutters to herself.

"The little captain is right. Barpple will still be a threat to the tomb, and to the town, one that the celedons aren't able to deal with on their own. Maybe Garret's silver tongue can convince him of the error of his ways, too. If not..." Silvia trails off with a shrug.


Clocks tool TG Roll20 link

The celedon nods slowly. "I don't believe any of the blue intruders made it up the stairs, but one of their pets did. A large, fleshy wormlike thing with curved spikes curling out of its head. It was chewing on the gorgon last I saw, and I am not in any condition to risk a battle with mindless pets while their masters are still present."

"Oh him! Yeah he one of Barpple's favorites, very mean and very wriggly." Rudgib beams at you all, pleased that his becoming captain has returned to consensus. "Last I know, Barpple loo--uh, searching through other room for way to carry shiny. I think him still there!"


Garret Fallows | Peri-Blooded Halfling Sorcerer (Solar Bloodline) 7 | Speed 30 | Initiative +2 | Perception +5 | Hp: 29/44 (29) | AC 19 (Touch 14, FF 17) | CMD 11 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +6 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electricity 5, Fire 10 | Active Conditions: Level-Drained (3), Mage Armor

”Sounds like the place we need to go next, then,” says Garret.


Art | Female Duskwalker Dancer 7 | AC: 26 T: 17 FF: 23 | CMD: 24 | HP: 61/64 | F+5 R+9 W+7 (+2 vs. stagger)(+2 vs. NEng,Death,Undead)(Evasion)| Init +3 | Perc +13 | Routine 2nd: 3/6 3rd: 1/3 | Active Status:: (bark)

"A spiky worm thing..." Ketra winces. "Well, I guess it could be worse. Wait, isn't a gorgon some kinda mythical creature?" She shakes her head. "Well no sense worrying 'bout steps 2 and 3 when 1 isn't done."

At Garret's assessment she nods and gives a two finger salute to the celedon "We'll get this sorted out and come right back. Don't you go and rust too much in the mean time."

She heads over to the final room and listens in at the door for any sounds of Barpple from within. She's hoping that he's occupied enough that he won't notice if the door's opened quietly.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Silver Crusade

Human Knight of Arnisant 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 20 T: 11 FF: 19 CMD: 15 | F+5 R+1 W+2 +2vsFear | Init +1 | Perception +6 Challenge 0/1

Wallace nods. "One step at a time," he says in agreement. Carefully backtracking out of the room with the Celedon, he forms up with Ketra. "Garret, if you're going to try to have those Mites play nice, be ready," he suggests. They've unfortunately shown they aren't really interested in peace, but that doesn't mean we can't keep trying!

Shield up and sword out, the knight is ready to enter the next room, but also tries to listen beyond the door.
________
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


LG Female Tiefling Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 / Paladin of Ragathiel (Divine Hunter) 6 | 53/53 HP | AC19 T14 FF15 | CMD21 | F +10 R +10 W +6 | Spd 30 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Craft (Alchemy) +11, Diplomacy +9, Handle Animal +12, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (Religion) +11, Perception +10, Sense Motive +11 | Grit: 2/2 | Smite Evil 2/2 | Lay on Hands 4/5 | Divine Bond 1/1 | Stamina: 8/8 | Active Conditions: None

Silvia steps up behind Wallace, one hand resting on his shoulder in preparation to follow him in, her pistol held low and ready in the other. "Give Garret a chance to work his magic, but be ready for things to get real bad real fast."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Garret Fallows | Peri-Blooded Halfling Sorcerer (Solar Bloodline) 7 | Speed 30 | Initiative +2 | Perception +5 | Hp: 29/44 (29) | AC 19 (Touch 14, FF 17) | CMD 11 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +6 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electricity 5, Fire 10 | Active Conditions: Level-Drained (3), Mage Armor

Garret follows along, not sure what he can say to defuse the situation, but willing to try.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Clocks tool TG Roll20 link

Just roll another 20, you'll be fine! Post incoming later, have a class right now.


Male duskwalker druid (death druid) 7 | HP: 39/39| AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +10 (+6 vs. neg nrg, death eff; +4 (class) vs energy drain; +2 (race) vs undead, sakhil) | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Speed 40 | +1 seeking longbow +9 (1d8+1/x3); mwk sickle +9 (1d6), ghost hunter 1/day | Spells: 4th 1/1; 3rd 3/3; 2nd 4/4 1st 4/5 |*Active: Ext. Mage Armor, Longstrider

Sanduro gives Garret a tense smile as they head to the next room. "Yes, good luck with getting the mites to play nice. Better you than me!"


Clocks tool TG Roll20 link

After giving the door a quick once-over, Ketra exchanges ready nods with the others and pulls the door open. She feels a strange resistance that gives way almost immediately, like a cord being pulled taut before snapping. This is following immediately by a crunch of breaking glass and a sudden flare of light. Blocking most of the doorway are tight strands of silvery webbing, now aflame! The web catches very quickly--and gives off a strange purple smoke that makes your head swim!

Ketra begins to feel a little loopy as every sensation sharpens and everything seems less serious. (1 Wis dmg) Wallace and Silvia manage to avoid inhaling too much of the smoke and are unaffected.

Alarmed shouting can be heard from inside the room, in that same strange language of the mites. Behind you, Rudgib starts shouting what sounds like threats or battle cries as the scene begins to descend into chaos. Two mites are waggling their swords at the the smoke, interrupted in their rummaging through the shelves that line the room. On the eastern wall, up atop another shelf, crouches a large black spider decorated with purple and red bands on its legs and thorax. Perched precariously atop the spider sits another mite, brandishing a slingshot and screaming a the top of his lungs. On his head sits a crude crown that appears to be made of a ring of rhinoceros beetle horns.

The mites had Readied actions when the first heard you talking, but then got bored and their attention wandered. So no surprise rounds and you have a small window to attempt diplomacy before adrenaline takes over.

GM Rolls:

Ketra Fort: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Wallace Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Silvia Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Wis Dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Silvia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Ketra: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Wallace: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Garret: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Sanduro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Barpple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Mites: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Barpple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Garret Fallows | Peri-Blooded Halfling Sorcerer (Solar Bloodline) 7 | Speed 30 | Initiative +2 | Perception +5 | Hp: 29/44 (29) | AC 19 (Touch 14, FF 17) | CMD 11 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +6 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electricity 5, Fire 10 | Active Conditions: Level-Drained (3), Mage Armor

Garret steps up and tries to make himself heard over the din.

”Captain Rudgib has returned with new and powerful allies! Be silent before your leader and listen to his wise instruction!” shouts Garret as loud as he can.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Female medium outsider (phantom) | HP:45/45 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 DR 5/magic & slash | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +5 (+4 morale vs enchant) | Init: +3 | Perc: +6 (darkvision), SM: +0 | Speed 30 | slamx2 +10/+10 (2d6+2* ecto; 2d6+4* inco) | *Active: Ecto. Mani.; Grtr Magic Fang

"How about that! Wait, was I supposed to check the door? I should probably have checked the door." Zsofia shrugs. "Sorry, girlie. No harm done, right?"

Oopsie. Sorry, folks.


LG Female Tiefling Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 / Paladin of Ragathiel (Divine Hunter) 6 | 53/53 HP | AC19 T14 FF15 | CMD21 | F +10 R +10 W +6 | Spd 30 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Craft (Alchemy) +11, Diplomacy +9, Handle Animal +12, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (Religion) +11, Perception +10, Sense Motive +11 | Grit: 2/2 | Smite Evil 2/2 | Lay on Hands 4/5 | Divine Bond 1/1 | Stamina: 8/8 | Active Conditions: None

"Son of a-!" Silvia's angry curse is cut off by Garret's booming voice, and she glances back at him, clearly impressed. Didn't think he was big enough to be that loud!


Art | Female Duskwalker Dancer 7 | AC: 26 T: 17 FF: 23 | CMD: 24 | HP: 61/64 | F+5 R+9 W+7 (+2 vs. stagger)(+2 vs. NEng,Death,Undead)(Evasion)| Init +3 | Perc +13 | Routine 2nd: 3/6 3rd: 1/3 | Active Status:: (bark)

Ketra turns to hide her grin, but perceptive mites might be able to notice her shoulders shaking with amusement at Garret's "performance". To Wallace, she whispers "I think you've got some competition in the bard-ery department"


Clocks tool TG Roll20 link

The room goes quiet as Garret's bellow reverberates off the walls, the echo fading. The silence stretches out for a few heartbeats while everyone blinks in surprise at the halfling.

"Wait...Rudgib is boss again?" One of the mites ventures questioningly. Rudgib and the crowned mite riding the spider immediately begin trying to shout over one another.

"That's right! Rudgib smart, he fi--"
"--course not! Barpple break the stat--"
"--who help us get out! No more wit--""
"--so us finish job! Only Barpple can do--"
"--us can be own masters! First though us mu--"
"--rewards from witches! But for that us gotta--"
"KILL HIM DEAD!" the two mites shout in unison, pointing at one another. The other two mites furrow their brows as they try to figure out what they should do.

"Big Folk, what you tink?" comes the small voice of the mite still watching you all from the room with the busts. "You ackshully in charge."

Silver Crusade

Human Knight of Arnisant 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 20 T: 11 FF: 19 CMD: 15 | F+5 R+1 W+2 +2vsFear | Init +1 | Perception +6 Challenge 0/1

Wallace chuckles back to Ketra. "Nobody spins a yarn like a grizzled knight though," he counters. "His presence is demanding of respect, there is no doubting his talents."

Slightly caught off-guard that one of the Mites threw the question of their sovereignty back at them, he gives Garret an amused look. "Sir, what are your orders?" These Mites seem to value a little theatrics, let's see what happens when we give it to them.


Garret Fallows | Peri-Blooded Halfling Sorcerer (Solar Bloodline) 7 | Speed 30 | Initiative +2 | Perception +5 | Hp: 29/44 (29) | AC 19 (Touch 14, FF 17) | CMD 11 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +6 | Resist Acid/Cold/Electricity 5, Fire 10 | Active Conditions: Level-Drained (3), Mage Armor

"Captain Rudgib is wise and strong. He is too smart to throw away your lives as slaves to the witches. He will lead you out of here to new lives, free from servitude!" calls Garret after a slight shrug at Wallace.


Male duskwalker druid (death druid) 7 | HP: 39/39| AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +10 (+6 vs. neg nrg, death eff; +4 (class) vs energy drain; +2 (race) vs undead, sakhil) | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Speed 40 | +1 seeking longbow +9 (1d8+1/x3); mwk sickle +9 (1d6), ghost hunter 1/day | Spells: 4th 1/1; 3rd 3/3; 2nd 4/4 1st 4/5 |*Active: Ext. Mage Armor, Longstrider

Sanduro nods to the halfling.

"Like I said, better you than me. Well done."


Art | Female Duskwalker Dancer 7 | AC: 26 T: 17 FF: 23 | CMD: 24 | HP: 61/64 | F+5 R+9 W+7 (+2 vs. stagger)(+2 vs. NEng,Death,Undead)(Evasion)| Init +3 | Perc +13 | Routine 2nd: 3/6 3rd: 1/3 | Active Status:: (bark)

"Captain Rudgib'll take care of you all. Set you on the right path out of here. And anyway, what kind of name even is Barpple? Sure doesn't sound like a good captain name. Kinda sounds like a drunk troglodyte trying to keep down some bad lizard meat, if you ask me." Ketra does her best to choose an analogy that might work for weird creepy underground blue goblin-people.


LG Female Tiefling Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 / Paladin of Ragathiel (Divine Hunter) 6 | 53/53 HP | AC19 T14 FF15 | CMD21 | F +10 R +10 W +6 | Spd 30 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Craft (Alchemy) +11, Diplomacy +9, Handle Animal +12, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (Religion) +11, Perception +10, Sense Motive +11 | Grit: 2/2 | Smite Evil 2/2 | Lay on Hands 4/5 | Divine Bond 1/1 | Stamina: 8/8 | Active Conditions: None

"All Barpple's done is get a bunch of you killed," Silvia says. "And he'll probably keep doing that. Rudgib's your best chance to get out of here safely."

401 to 450 of 4,027 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.