[PF 2e]Age of Ashes Adventure Path

Game Master Simmyish

Pathfinder 2nd Edition adventure path Age of Ashes


151 to 182 of 182 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Multiple GameMaster God 20+

The halfling mumbles to himself "I should have made the fire in the town hall bigger..." before looking over. "And how do I know you'll not sell the information I'm after yourselves? Do you have any idea what's down there?" he asks.


N Human (half-elf) Bard 1, Truthseeker | HP 16 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | Ini + 2 | Spd25 | Perc +6 | Focus 1/1

"We surely know less than you and that is your assurance that we won't betray you," said Red evenly.

deception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"You already have the leverage you need, the goblin will only hinder you, best let her go,"

performance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


LG male Versatile Human Sorcerer 1| HP 0/14 | AC 14| F +3 R +4 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +1 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells 1 1/3 | Active Conditions: Unconscious

Nosteo tries to climb again.

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Please die in a fire dice roller. Maybe 15 is high enough? After a few rounds of trying.


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

It takes Nosteo a few attempts but on his fourht time he gets up the rope to the battlements.

"Well, until these goblins tell me how to get into the basement, I'm not going anywhere," the halfling says.


N Human (half-elf) Bard 1, Truthseeker | HP 16 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | Ini + 2 | Spd25 | Perc +6 | Focus 1/1

"Well then let me try," said Red. bring her closer to me and I'll convince her to tell us what she knows,"

performance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

"I won't tell him, he tried to kill us!" the goblin says to Red. "And, he set fire to the town hall in Breachill, he is an evil man!" she says.

"And I should of made it bigger to get rid of these meddlers," the halfling mutters to himself, referring to the group of you.


N Human (half-elf) Bard 1, Truthseeker | HP 16 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | Ini + 2 | Spd25 | Perc +6 | Focus 1/1

Red alters his tone and timbre towards a darker place. His manner changes from conciliatory to cold and unkind.

"After everything you've done halfling, you are doomed," says Red. "Fool! You reject help and instead bury yourself ever deeper. Say you kill the goblin, d you believe you can take on the three of us? No. And there are more coming. Many more.

Release the Goblin. Now. And you make it out of this alive,"

Using Versatile Performance to sub performance for intimidate

performance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

"How can I garauntee you'll not just run me through when I let her go. I'm holding on to her for insurance now. And I've got some tricks of my own, short-tips," the halfling says to Red.


N Human (half-elf) Bard 1, Truthseeker | HP 16 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | Ini + 2 | Spd25 | Perc +6 | Focus 1/1

"We're not killers," says Red. "The only reason any of us would 'run you through' as you so dramatically put it, would be if you tried to kill us. Let us help you. It doesn't have to be this way,"

deception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


LG male Versatile Human Sorcerer 1| HP 0/14 | AC 14| F +3 R +4 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +1 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells 1 1/3 | Active Conditions: Unconscious

"That's not entirely true. If you hurt her, I guarantee that I'm going to run you through. If you let her go then maybe we can settle this peacefully."

Intimidation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

There was much swearing just now at my location.


HP: 23, AC20, Fort:+8, Ref+6, Will +5 Dwarf Fighter/1

This will be hard convincing him of anything else to let the goblin go. Bluff, diplomacy and intimidation all seemed to have failed.

Hothfarr stands aside, a deep frown on his face, belying the anger that is welling up inside at the stand-off happening before his eyes and himself not able to help out in this case.

"So that's it huh? Holding a poor defenseless goblin hostage and nowhere to go. So how do you envision this going? You get to the basement alone? You know we will follow you regardless. Especially if you kill this goblin. So what is it gonna be? Go together to the basement? Fight and get killed? Or just leave and take your loss for granted? Those are your options at the moment."

Hothfarr looks up above the halfling to check for any loose bricks or unstable construction that might easily fall down if hit.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

"You have no idea what they're hiding down there! Do you know how much people would pay for information on elf gates? You have no idea how much some would pay," the halfling says to Red. "If you can give me the 1000 gold I would get for this, then I'll let her go," he says. "Otherwise, I'll take your ear as well half elf, I'm sure there's a troll I can exchange it with," he says.


N Human (half-elf) Bard 1, Truthseeker | HP 16 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | Ini + 2 | Spd25 | Perc +6 | Focus 1/1

Red restrains the impulse to touch his ear. This is not the first time he has heard that particular threat."Alright. One thousand gold pieces it is," he says. He looks at Nosteo and says."Give him the gold. I know we were going to use it to resurrect poor Cathirix but to day we could save another life. It is what he would have wanted,"

deception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

"Well, I'm waitin' for the gold," the halfling says to the two negotiating, not letting the goblin go yet.


LG male Versatile Human Sorcerer 1| HP 0/14 | AC 14| F +3 R +4 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +1 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells 1 1/3 | Active Conditions: Unconscious

I saw Red's post Saturday and then decided to think about what I was gonna do and then totally forgot about it. My bad guys.

Nosteo takes out his coin pouch, which has nowhere near 1000 gold in it, and tosses it towards the halfling. "Take your money and let her go."

Deception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

"Where's the rest of it?" the halfling says taking a peak then throwing it back. The next thing you hear is a scream as he cuts off the ear of the goblin he is holding.


LG male Versatile Human Sorcerer 1| HP 0/14 | AC 14| F +3 R +4 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +1 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells 1 1/3 | Active Conditions: Unconscious

Nosteo's eyes bulge in rage. He grips his sword, ready to chop the halfling's head off. He knows that they were asked to bring him back alive but if the choice is either failing that mission or letting him kill an innocent, well, they'll just have to fail.


LG male Versatile Human Sorcerer 1| HP 0/14 | AC 14| F +3 R +4 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +1 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells 1 1/3 | Active Conditions: Unconscious

Perception Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


HP: 23, AC20, Fort:+8, Ref+6, Will +5 Dwarf Fighter/1

Hothfarr cracks his knuckles and looks the halfling square in the eye.

"Now you've done it!"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


N Human (half-elf) Bard 1, Truthseeker | HP 16 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | Ini + 2 | Spd25 | Perc +6 | Focus 1/1

Perception for initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

Calmont Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

Waiting on Aeral and Cathirix


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

Gonna declare Aeral and Cathirix as inactive at this point, will look for people after this encounter.

initiative order:

Hothfarr Stonehand
Calmont
Nosteo Faustus
Redsevic Yardin

As the goblin's ear is severed, Hothfarr is the first to react.


LG male Versatile Human Sorcerer 1| HP 0/14 | AC 14| F +3 R +4 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +1 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells 1 1/3 | Active Conditions: Unconscious

We may have lost Hothfarr as well.


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

Sent him a message, if nothing in the next couple of days, we'll decide what to do :)


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

As the Halfling sees the two of you come towards him and slices the goblins ear, he quickly turns his blade towards Nosteo.

Letting go of the goblin woman, the halfling stabs Nosteo with the dagger.

Calmont Dagger attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Dagger Critical damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 (10 for critical hit)

The first movement is unexpected, as Nosteo gets stabbed by the halfling before he goes to attack again

Calmont 2nd Dagger attack (agile): 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 4 = 19
Dagger damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

The second strike also makes impact into Nosteo's flesh, having taken the opportunity when Nosteo moved to hand him the pouch.


N Human (half-elf) Bard 1, Truthseeker | HP 16 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | Ini + 2 | Spd25 | Perc +6 | Focus 1/1

Acting as quickly as he can Red focuses. He doesn't know where this energy comes from, maybe the Ethereal plane or even his own soul, but it does not matter. Three bolts of bright energy the colour of cobalt streak from his outstretched hand

He casts magic missile using 3 actions

damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 2) + 3 = 8


LG male Versatile Human Sorcerer 1| HP 0/14 | AC 14| F +3 R +4 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +1 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells 1 1/3 | Active Conditions: Unconscious

So I think my initiative moves to right before Calmont and here is my recovery check. DC should be 11

Recovery: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Now I'm unconscious, I think. The dying rules are the hardest to get used to for me.


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

The halfling takes the impact from the three missiles, each one making impact as it forces into him. That's when he turns his attention to the spellcasting elf. He moves over and stabs with his dagger.

Calmont Daggar attack vs Redsevic: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

The dagger strike manages to pierce through Red's armor as the halfling stabs toward him.

Calmont dagger damage to Redsevic: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 P

He then takes a second strike

Calmont Dagger attack 2 vs Redsevic: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 4 = 20

The second strike also manages to pierce through, catching Red's flesh.

Calmont dagger damage 2 to Redsevic: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


N Human (half-elf) Bard 1, Truthseeker | HP 16 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | Ini + 2 | Spd25 | Perc +6 | Focus 1/1

Red cries out in pain as the Halfling stabs him twice. He strengthens his grip on his sword and slashes at the little bugger. But not before summoning more ephemeral energies to protect himself.

Red casts shield and then strikes with his elven curve blade.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


LG male Versatile Human Sorcerer 1| HP 0/14 | AC 14| F +3 R +4 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +1 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells 1 1/3 | Active Conditions: Unconscious

So instead of all that I'll use my hero point on the last round. Of course now that I think about it, I don't know whether I would have any actions on the round I use it or not. So I'm going to put up two rounds of actions. If I can't do anything after waking up until the current round, ignore the 2nd. If I've gotten mixed up on init, ignore both.

1 round of actions:
Through sheer determination, Nosteo refuses to stay down. He tries to mentally force his blood back into his body and gets up to heal himself.

1 action: Stand. 2 actions: Casting heal on myself.

Heal: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

2nd round:
Nosteo has given up on taking Calmont alive. He isn't even sure if they have the ability. He conjures flames into each hand. In his left he forms a shield, in his right he creates a ball of flame that he throws at the halfling.

1 action: Cast Shield. 2 actions: Cast Produce Flame.

Flame Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Fire Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

You use your hero point at the start of your turn, so you would get your move on that round as usual. Just now your initiative is just before the halfling.

Calmont dice rolls:

Calmont dagger Attack 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Calmont dagger Attack 2: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 4 = 18

As the halfling goes to face the other defender, Nosteo uses that moment to quietly and pick himself up, restoring some of his vitality as he does so and gets back into the fight.

Redsevic summons a magical shield to protect himself before striking at the halfling, slashing into him and drawing blood.

Seeing the danger, Nosteo also brings up some arcane protection as he the area around him flares for a brief second, as a ball of flame forms and goes flying towards the halfling, making impact and singing his hair a little.

As Nosteo makes his reentry known, Calmont focuses on his current target, taking another stab at Red. He manages to get through the robes and find a vulnerable spot

Calmont dagger attack 1 damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Piercing.

Taking a final stab, he strikes into Red taking him down, he then moves over to where Nosteo is, and slashes with a backhand strike with the blade.

He once again manages to make strike, slashing towards Nosteo's chest.

Calmont dagger attack 2 damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Slashing.

151 to 182 of 182 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PF 2e]Age of Ashes Adventure Path All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.