Dungeon Master S's "Flooded King's Court" (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP | HANDOUTS |

Default Exploration Mode:

[dice=Hostiles]d20[/dice]
+1 for Scout (Lilac)
Lilac: Scout, [dice=Trapspotter (M)]d20+10[/dice]
Zanderel: [dice=Detect Magic]d20+7[/dice] (Or Perception +3)
Fijit: TBD
Mad Hopper: [dice=Investigate]d20[/dice] (A:+7, N:+3, O:+7, R:+0 - (Or Perception +3)
Zaos: [dice=Perception]d20+4[/dice]
Kaelan: [dice=Perception]d20+8[/dice]

*If you do not make a specific post (with referenced skill and modifier) this will be the assumed action and initiative roll.

Perception:

[dice=Lilac]d20+9[/dice] (E) (M v. Traps)
[dice=Mad Hopper]d20+2[/dice] (T) Darkvision
[dice=Zaos]d20+4[/dice] (T) Darkvision
[dice=Zanderel]d20+4[/dice] (T) LLV
[dice=Fijit]d20+8[/dice] (E)


1 to 50 of 327 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | | Skull & Shackles |

Place your mark here Pathfinders.

Grand Archive

Male Seer Elf Wizard 2 | HP 20/20 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +4 (Low-Light Vision) ; Arcana +8 ; Speed 30 ft. | AC 16| Fort' +5 ; Ref' +6 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

With a waggle of a finger and muttering of several arcane syllables, I place my mark upon this adventure.

Vigilant Seal

Battered Young Male Varisian
Stats:
HP 44/44 | 1/1 Hero Points | (Trap Finder) Perc’ +10 (+11 vs. traps) ; Stealth +8 ; Speed 25 ft. | (Deny Advantage) AC 19 (20 vs. traps) | Fort' +10 ; Ref' +10 ; Will +10 (+1 vs. traps)
Active conditions:

Lilic does not dare apply his mark, for it would be a dirty, maybe even slightly gory one... but he is present.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | | Skull & Shackles |

When you enter the briefing room, you find it empty. The only thing to greet you is a note from Drandle Dreng

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Cloistered Cleric of Nethys 2 | HP 26/26 | Perception: +8 | AC 15 | Speed 25ft | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +10 | +8 Medicine, +8 Nature, +8 Survival, +8 Religion, +7 Diplomacy

”Well, hello and well met Pathfinders. Nice to see you again Z-man.”
Fijit pauses to see if the nickname sticks, makes a mental note of the reaction from Zanderel, and then the note from Drandle out loud.

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Cloistered Cleric of Nethys 2 | HP 26/26 | Perception: +8 | AC 15 | Speed 25ft | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +10 | +8 Medicine, +8 Nature, +8 Survival, +8 Religion, +7 Diplomacy

After reading the note, Fijit looks around the room to see if anyone has anything that may make goblins uneasy. Dogs, horses, goblin skull themed clothing, etc.

”Conversing with goblins sounds like a fun and exciting challenge. I think I have a book that might help with this...”

Fijit then buries himself in his pack.

Grand Archive

Male Seer Elf Wizard 2 | HP 20/20 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +4 (Low-Light Vision) ; Arcana +8 ; Speed 30 ft. | AC 16| Fort' +5 ; Ref' +6 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

The tall elven man completely ignores the nickname. "Greetings, Fijit. It is a pleasure to see you again." He takes the note from Fijit once the gnome has finished, reads it, and adds, "At least we won't be traveling so far this time. Though I admit I enjoyed the company we had in Isger. A good group of Pathfinders."


Raven Familiar | HP 5/5 | Perc’ +5 (Low-Light Vision) ; Speed 25 ft. (Fly/Land) | AC 13 | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +3 ; Will +5 | Active conditions:

A raven flaps in and lands on the elven wizards shoulder. Its beady eyes stare at Fijit. It then speaks into Zanderel's ear. "Sorry I'm late, Master. I circled the sky as requested, and everything is safe."


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | | Skull & Shackles |

Looks like a few need to make new characters for this. If everyone checks in over the weekend, I'll start. Otherwise we'll shoot for being ready Monday morning (EST.) Meanwhile don't forget to post in the Discussion tab with details.

Vigilant Seal

Battered Young Male Varisian
Stats:
HP 44/44 | 1/1 Hero Points | (Trap Finder) Perc’ +10 (+11 vs. traps) ; Stealth +8 ; Speed 25 ft. | (Deny Advantage) AC 19 (20 vs. traps) | Fort' +10 ; Ref' +10 ; Will +10 (+1 vs. traps)
Active conditions:

Lilic enters the briefing room, and waits for the gnome to finish with the note, before taking his time to read it.
”Yes, hello, and well met, Pathfinder!", he answers the gnome.
And nods to the tall elf.

Lilic is a short, weak and wiry young man, not far from his 20's.
With cropped dark brown hair, deep-set black eyes, and his pockmarked russet-brown skin, filled with scars and black burn-lines, Lilic seems as if his body has wasted away...

He wears the padded armor that knights use under their full plate, but his is filled with cuts and bloodstains.
On his belt, a shortsword and a wayfinder engraved with the name Lilic and the Glyph of the Open Road.
Around his neck, a leather thong with a wooden symbol (a bow made of elk antlers with an arrow nocked) and a bone-signal whistle.
A couple bandoliers criss-cross his chest, one with healer's tools, the other with various picks, herbs and vials...

Having read the note, Lilic looks around: "Poor Goblins. Victims of the Whispering Tyrant... like so many.
Well, I must admit that I am here for Eando Kline, to "Protect, Contain, Destroy!""

Horizon Hunters

M Goblin Ranger 1: Spd:25, HP:23/23, AC:16, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:1, Perception:4 Darkvision, Stealth:6

As he walks in. What do you mean poor us goblins? Er, some of us are good.

Vigilant Seal

Battered Young Male Varisian
Stats:
HP 44/44 | 1/1 Hero Points | (Trap Finder) Perc’ +10 (+11 vs. traps) ; Stealth +8 ; Speed 25 ft. | (Deny Advantage) AC 19 (20 vs. traps) | Fort' +10 ; Ref' +10 ; Will +10 (+1 vs. traps)
Active conditions:

Lilic smiles, which makes his face look even more painful: "Aye, and some are rich, even, I imagine. I was only talking about those in these notes. Displaced people, chased by the Undead Horde!"
Lilic shivers.

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +3 | Perc +3 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

As Lilic speaks of displaced people a new goblin enters the room.

He looks a bit excentric, half of his head is covered with head, while the other half is covered with cryptic tattoos. The tattoos are of low quality, so you might wonder who and when did them. The goblin wears travel clothing, with a bandolier full of bottles. At his belt, you can see a dagger.

"Displaced! This room is displaced! Some wine stinking elven princeling directed me to the wrong building. I knew not to ask him for a direction! Hopper my name and this is Lizzy."

Only then you spot a rather large lizard being on his arm motion-less.

"I heard of that mission, apparently, someone thought that having some Goblin in the party might smooth the mission."


"And I thought that Pathfinders decided to force you to do some actual work rather than slack off."

Says lizard barely moving its head

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Seer Elf Wizard 2 | HP 20/20 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +4 (Low-Light Vision) ; Arcana +8 ; Speed 30 ft. | AC 16| Fort' +5 ; Ref' +6 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

A smile creases Zanderel's face. "Another familiar face. It's good to see you again, Mad Hopper. No Milady this time?"

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Gnome Cloistered Cleric of Nethys 2 | HP 26/26 | Perception: +8 | AC 15 | Speed 25ft | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +10 | +8 Medicine, +8 Nature, +8 Survival, +8 Religion, +7 Diplomacy

Fijit steps forward to greet the goblins. For those who pay attention, you can see pride in his walk and callouses on his hands that both come from years of study and the knowledge that comes with it. His mozzetta is pristine and alternate black and white with accessories all the way down. He also has an engraved Wayfinder hanging from his belt.

He leans on his staff as he walks towards them. The head of the staff has a half black, half white face. As he enters more light, he adjusts his glasses and smiles, arcane runes glow along his hairline on the left side of his face.

”It is fortuitous that we have some goblin Pathfinders coming with us on this mission. The All Seeing Eye watches over us and he will point with the finger of the scorched black hand. Does anyone have anything they’re like to do before we leave or knowledge that they may want to share? I for one would like to hear about goblin lore from our goblin friends in order for me to make proper greetings upon arrival.”

Grand Archive

Male Seer Elf Wizard 2 | HP 20/20 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +4 (Low-Light Vision) ; Arcana +8 ; Speed 30 ft. | AC 16| Fort' +5 ; Ref' +6 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

Zanderel smiles, then says a few words in a surprisingly melodious version of the goblin tongue.

In Goblin:
"A warning to you. I have found Fijit to have an insatiable thirst for knowledge. And while I do share that enthusiasm, know that it can be tiring after a while."

He smiles, gives Hopper a knowing nod and Zaos a conspiratorial wink.

Finally, he turns his attention to Lilic. It's hard for the noble elf to hide the look of sympathy, especially given the rough attire of the Varisian. "Where do you hail from, Lilic? I spent some time in and around Sandpoint, though I wish I remembered more of it. The untamed nature of the area has a certain appeal."

Vigilant Seal

Battered Young Male Varisian
Stats:
HP 44/44 | 1/1 Hero Points | (Trap Finder) Perc’ +10 (+11 vs. traps) ; Stealth +8 ; Speed 25 ft. | (Deny Advantage) AC 19 (20 vs. traps) | Fort' +10 ; Ref' +10 ; Will +10 (+1 vs. traps)
Active conditions:

"I came to Absalom from Caliphas, to train as a Pathfinder. I ended up in Caliphas when my family's farm, and, indeed, the whole region of Lastwall was invaded by undead. Thanks to the Whispering Tyrant that was just mentioned. I think that the untamed nature is a bit too much to have true appeal right now..."

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +3 | Perc +3 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---
Zanderel Elerin wrote:
A smile creases Zanderel's face. "Another familiar face. It's good to see you again, Mad Hopper. No Milady this time?"

Goblin first looks confused and then he recalls who that is:

"Zanderel! What a surprise, good to see some friendly Elvish face I can tell you that. Milady, no I think she took on my advice and went into monster-sitting business. Ha ha"

Goblin says that in a squeaky a bit annoying voice.

Hopper turns to Fijit glad that there are some other agents of similar height as his own and listens to comment from the Zanderel nodding to it with a smile.

To Fijit:

"It is a pleasure. Are you one of those delusional... sorry I meant clerics? I am sure it will be an interesting experience. Goblins are not really religious folks from my experience, but we differ a lot."

Then he turns to Lilic:

"You look familiar, have you come to my stall on the market where I am selling my potions? Oh no, I've mistaken you with fat and short half-orc that came yesterday. Never mind that. It is a pleasure."

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +3 | Perc +3 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Then he turns towards Zaos:

"Excuse my manners, I almost forgot about you. Usually, I am more meticulous. It is nice to meet you."


The Mad Hoppper wrote:

Then he turns towards Zaos:

"Excuse my manners, I almost forgot about you. Usually, I am more meticulous. It is nice to meet you."

"No he is not meticulous. Once he gave a customer bestial mutagen instead of healing potion. You should have seen that poor wounded man with fangs and claws chasing his son in law. That was a good one."

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +3 | Perc +3 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Angry goblin responds:
"It was you who screwed up the labels! Dumb reptile! I should have eaten you grilled a long time ago Lizzy!"

Vigilant Seal

Battered Young Male Varisian
Stats:
HP 44/44 | 1/1 Hero Points | (Trap Finder) Perc’ +10 (+11 vs. traps) ; Stealth +8 ; Speed 25 ft. | (Deny Advantage) AC 19 (20 vs. traps) | Fort' +10 ; Ref' +10 ; Will +10 (+1 vs. traps)
Active conditions:

The gaunt Lilic pats his ribs, thinking that orc's must be rail-thin if he looks like a fat one...

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Cloistered Cleric of Nethys 2 | HP 26/26 | Perception: +8 | AC 15 | Speed 25ft | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +10 | +8 Medicine, +8 Nature, +8 Survival, +8 Religion, +7 Diplomacy

"Do not worry Hopper, I am not one of those clerics who shares his delusional healing on those who do not want it."

Envoy's Alliance

A wiry human steps into the room. Nothing seems to stand out about him. brown hair, grey blue eyes, his shoulders are hunched a bit. Either by working in tight spaces with low ceilings or by the weight of the massive sword he carries on his back. It is a wonder he can actually carry it at all, let alone wield it properly. Good thing he can use two hands with it.

"greetings, friends." His voice is now and soft. "Sorry, i'm late, but the original note i got said to arrive on Moonday, but then I got word we should arrive as quickly as possible." He looks around the room with an host smile. "I am Kaelan Ó Cuinn. Pleased to meet you all."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | | Skull & Shackles |

Awesome! Hopefully everyone read the hand out. Let's get started!

Having met at the Grand Lodge and having made fast friends, the Pathfinders head out. Various knowledge brokers throughout Absalom, as well as merchants, barkeeps, and city‑dwellers have useful information on the goblins and the Puddles district. I'm quickly learning to like the following method for PbP. I'll post the result options. You the players place your rolls in secret and I'll trust you to read the correct spoiler. It's not strictly RAW, but it preserves the mystery for the other players and keeps the dice in your hands.

You may already know a thing or two about some of the stories and legends
about what lies buried beneath the Puddles district....
Lore (Absalom) or Society (Recall Knowledge) DC 15

Crit Success:
There are dark rumors surrounding
this area of Absalom. Some claim it is a dumping ground
for bodies of the murdered, or perhaps even a place where
victims are taken before being killed. It was certainly
known in the past as an area frequented by criminals.

Success:
There are certainly ancient structures below what is now called the Puddles. In the past, such places have been troubled by corporeal undead such as ghouls, ghasts, skeletons, and zombies. Older residents of the area tell stories of screams that would occasionally seem to emanate from somewhere deep beneath the streets.

Failure:

Critical Failure:
The wererats who once ran the criminal activities in the area were pushed out long ago and replaced by a gang of weresharks who found the waterlogged nature of the location to their liking. Members of the gang can be identified by their teeth, which appear to be filed to points.

You may learn a thing or two on the way....
Diplomacy (Gather Information DC 15):

Crit Success:
The Crookedtoes goblins are led by Zusgut, who is obsessed with performance and acting. His tribe has taken over an old playhouse in the Puddles district that no one else wants because the Puddles are slowly sinking. You also find out that Zusgut is frustrated with the lack of enthusiasm from his tribe toward theater and would love extra help from anyone who is interested.

Success:
The Crookedtoes goblins are led by Zusgut, who is obsessed with performance and acting. His tribe has taken over an old playhouse in the Puddles district that no one else wants because the Puddles are slowly sinking.

Failure:

Crit Failure:
The goblins who have taken up residence in the old playhouse are slowly being corrupted by the spirits that haunt that place. They’re being compelled to act out the performances that led the former owners to ruin and have no idea how to escape the same fate.

Trained in Guild or Theater Lore:

You know that the playhouse was the home of the Greater Absalom Performing Arts Guild for 50 years prior to the earthquake that shook the city 20 years ago. During its heyday, it boasted frequent, well‑attended performances and a particularly vibrant youth program.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | | Skull & Shackles |

After your walk to the district, you arrive at the theater. The structure has proven resilient to the daily flooding. It is roughly square‑shaped and measures 120 feet on each side of the outside walls. The stone foundation is in rather good condition considering the earthquake 20 years ago, and the wooden walls are still solid, but the exterior’s paint is mostly chipped away, many windows are broken, and the wooden shingles rotten and failing. A few creeping plants grow along the exterior.

Flickering torches fail to fully illuminate this large auditorium within the mostly‑ruined playhouse. Hints of the former beauty and majesty of the building are marred by the smell of mildew and ever‑present water puddles. The northern end of the space is occupied by a raised stage, with a large chair that must have once been used as a throne in a theatrical production long ago.

Goblins move throughout the room, some gathered in small clusters roasting food over open fires, others sleeping in what remains of the auditorium’s chairs. On the crumbling balcony, a goblin choir rehearses, each member singing a different song, or perhaps the same song with different words, lyrics, and tempo. Goblin children chase each other about, their leashes dangling from their necks as they screech and shout. Occasionally a leash catches on a bit of furniture or rubble, bringing the wearer crashing to the ground while their companions laugh uproariously.

From atop the throne a voice rings out, cutting across the chaos, clear and enunciated, although obviously still a goblin’s. “Oho, what’s this! Another group looking to throw their hats into the ring, as it were? Probably the Pathfinders I was expecting.” There is an angry yell from a group of humans wearing armor and bearing sheathed weapons dimly visible near the stage. The goblin turns and addresses the interruption from the grousing warriors. “Now, now. I never said anything about exclusive rights, did I? Hah!"

“So, Pathfinders. I’m sure you’ve heard about our trouble with a creature in the basement. What is it your organization is willing to do for my kingdom, and why should I let you go instead of these fine folks?” he asks, gesturing to the warriors.

The mercenaries are unhappy about this turn of events, but for now seem along with Zusgut. The king looks at you expectantly... You've got ONE chance to win the king's favor! This is a Diplomacy check offically, but if you get creative, and you make a good case, I'll let you roll anything that I think fits.

Sense Motive DC 17:

You can clearly tell that he's already made up his mind, this is just entertainment for him. Did you score a critical success? Then check out the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
Zusgut wants the Pathfinder Society to do the job, but that he is also eager for you to play along.

Vigilant Seal

Battered Young Male Varisian
Stats:
HP 44/44 | 1/1 Hero Points | (Trap Finder) Perc’ +10 (+11 vs. traps) ; Stealth +8 ; Speed 25 ft. | (Deny Advantage) AC 19 (20 vs. traps) | Fort' +10 ; Ref' +10 ; Will +10 (+1 vs. traps)
Active conditions:

"Greetings, Kaelan Ó Cuinn... is that how it is pronounced? I am Lilic."

As Lilic sets out with his new-found comrades--

Society Recall Knowledge:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

--he does remember some things he heard during a trip, about what lies buried beneath the Puddles district:
"I've been told, that there are certainly ancient structures below what is now called the Puddles.
The one who told me, that Goblin lass named Milady, said that In the past, such places have been troubled by corporeal undead such as ghouls, ghasts, skeletons, and zombies... that sometimes reach up through floorboards.
Older residents of the area tell stories of screams that would occasionally seem to emanate from somewhere deep beneath the streets.
So, well, it seems there are undead here too! Lastwall has fallen, and now Absalom is threatened."

Lilic does not stop to try and gather information, he knows people dislike him, scared of his looks, probably. Besides, why spend money on liquor?

Entering the theater, and seeing the low light from the flickering torches, Lilic touches his wayfinder and a magical light appears on it, helping him see better.

Lilic smiles at the Goblin children: "I am happy whole families survived!"

Lilic lets one more fair and amenable than he do the speaking.
But he does check the Goblin-King out, before remaining wary of the other group, trying to keep an eye on any that might try to move off...

Perception to Sense Motive:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Lilic whispers to his companions, especially the one who will do the talking--
@Diplomacy person:
--"Look, it is clear that the King's already made up his mind, this is just entertainment for him.
So maybe find something amusing?
I can tell you for sure that Zusgut wants us Pathfinders to do the job, but he is also eager for us to play along...
So, yes, butter him up, or whatever Goblin's like!"

Grand Archive

Male Seer Elf Wizard 2 | HP 20/20 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +4 (Low-Light Vision) ; Arcana +8 ; Speed 30 ft. | AC 16| Fort' +5 ; Ref' +6 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

Zanderel steps forward and bows deeply, brushing back his cloak theatrically. In his melodious version of the goblin language he speaks.

In Goblin:
"Greetings, good King Zusgut. I am Zanderel Elerin, firstborn and owner to my family's name in the Mordent Spire. I prostrate myself before your noble looks. We are here to serve," the elf struggles with certain phrases, particularly where words like 'scion' and 'countenance' don't exist in the language.

Switching back to the common tongue, he says, "We will do anything and everything to aid your kingdom. We have already started even. First, we made sure that our expedition included members of your kind. And secondly we are backing that up with the mightiest and best connected longshanks of the Society. With all due respect to your other guests, we are your best choice. Even our price, which is free, is unbeatable."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Horizon Hunters

M Goblin Ranger 1: Spd:25, HP:23/23, AC:16, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:1, Perception:4 Darkvision, Stealth:6

turning towards the Mad Hopper. Name is Zaos. Don't mind the name, our tribe lived with a group of elves and they named us. They also taught us the ways of the forest and of nature.
society: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Envoy's Alliance

[occ] this is my first official PFS scenario. don't we get to pick consumables for this? when does that happen? or did I misunderstand something?[/ooc]
Kaelan's mother taught him a thing or two and he's excited to put them to use of his FIRST official assignment and thinks back to what he knows about the puddles

society: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

On the way to the theater, Kaelan talks up a few locals about the area:

Diplo:gather info: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Vigilant Seal

Battered Young Male Varisian
Stats:
HP 44/44 | 1/1 Hero Points | (Trap Finder) Perc’ +10 (+11 vs. traps) ; Stealth +8 ; Speed 25 ft. | (Deny Advantage) AC 19 (20 vs. traps) | Fort' +10 ; Ref' +10 ; Will +10 (+1 vs. traps)
Active conditions:

Upon hearing about the mightiest and best connected longshanks being in the team... Lilic tries to hide a bit more behind the others.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | | Skull & Shackles |

The king seems most pleased by Zanderel's display of respect. Most pleased.

My apologies for not overtly stating it earlier. Yes, please have your boons slotted and your requisitions made. Don't forget also to pick a default Exploration Mode tactic. You know, just in case.

Zanderel: Done
Lilac: Go
Kaelan: Go
Zaos: Go
Mad Hopper: Go
Fijit: Go

DM:

Sum: 1

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Cloistered Cleric of Nethys 2 | HP 26/26 | Perception: +8 | AC 15 | Speed 25ft | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +10 | +8 Medicine, +8 Nature, +8 Survival, +8 Religion, +7 Diplomacy

Diplomacy to Gather Information.

Spoiler:
Gather Information: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"Perhaps on top of helping you with this monster in your basement, we could also help you with settling into. your. new home? This theatre needs some help and, with some work and proper funding, performances can be brought back to this amazing and historical space. I mean, the flooding alone would be nice to fix."

Diplomacy to aid.

Spoiler:
diplomacy to aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Gotta get the bad rolls out first.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | | Skull & Shackles |

"You mean new KINGDOM! Yes. That's what you mean."

Zanderel: Done
Lilac: Go
Kaelan: Go
Zaos: Go
Mad Hopper: Go

Fijit: Done

DM:

Sum: 2

Vigilant Seal

Battered Young Male Varisian
Stats:
HP 44/44 | 1/1 Hero Points | (Trap Finder) Perc’ +10 (+11 vs. traps) ; Stealth +8 ; Speed 25 ft. | (Deny Advantage) AC 19 (20 vs. traps) | Fort' +10 ; Ref' +10 ; Will +10 (+1 vs. traps)
Active conditions:

Lilic grudgingly steps forward when he sees that he too is supposed to speak-- I thought we had one who'd speak for all, dammit, he thinks.

Clearing his throat, Lilic tries to not spoil everything:
"Kingdom indeed, and none have ever been so deserving to wear the crown and bear the title of King.
For misinformed are those who talk about goblins fleeing the Whispering Tyran'ts legions. No, King Zusgut showed his military genius in organizing a brilliant retreat, so as to regroup and fight back later. And I should know, for I was there, in Lastwall, and we did not know how to fall back like the people of King Zusgut. We Pathfinders have come here to learn tactics from you, Sire. Just like--"
and Lilic tries to find a good parallel, some great strategist who carried out a historic military retreat that ended up bringing victory to his people--
Warfare Lore: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
--in order to use that as a symbol of Zusgut's greatness.

Grand Archive

Male Seer Elf Wizard 2 | HP 20/20 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +4 (Low-Light Vision) ; Arcana +8 ; Speed 30 ft. | AC 16| Fort' +5 ; Ref' +6 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:
Fijit said wrote:
Diplomacy to aid.

Fun fact: the primary person needs to agree to the aid.

Given that the DC to aid is 20, and crit fails are a thing too, I generally won't accept help at this level. I think the math is not on my side.

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Cloistered Cleric of Nethys 2 | HP 26/26 | Perception: +8 | AC 15 | Speed 25ft | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +10 | +8 Medicine, +8 Nature, +8 Survival, +8 Religion, +7 Diplomacy

Fun fact. A critical fail is missing the DC by 10 or more. Which means I'd have to roll a 3 or lower in order to criticize fail, giving me an 85% chance to not give you a -1. I have a 40% chance to give you a +1, a 45% chance to do nothing, and a 15% to give you a -1. Would you prefer if we just ignore that you're talking and just talk over each other to use our own diplomacy roll or just let you do all the talking?

Grand Archive

Male Seer Elf Wizard 2 | HP 20/20 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +4 (Low-Light Vision) ; Arcana +8 ; Speed 30 ft. | AC 16| Fort' +5 ; Ref' +6 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

Fair enough. Your modifier is high, so the odds are better for you.

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +3 | Perc +3 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Hopper follows the others towards the place where Goblin King can be found. You saw that he left his riding dog in the Pathfinder Lodge. You were surprised to see a Goblin handle and ride a dog. A question might pop in your heads: 'Why on Absalom didn't he bought a goblin dog? Why oh why?' As you can't, so a regular dog is the only steed that a Goblin can buy for now.

As he walks, Hopper scratches his face recalling some information about the Puddles district...

Recall knowledge:

Society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

And he nods hearing what Lilic has to say. Along the way Hopper goes into a few shops and one bar, you hope that he goes there to gather some intel.

Gather knowledge:

Society: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

But you can smell that he left a bar after a drink, and the only thing that he shared was: "The King likes performances and acting! That is why they took that theatre."

In the theatre, Hopper hopes that his presence would help the case, and he would not need to do anything. He listens to what King is saying.

Perception vs Sense Motive:

Society: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

As he sees that Hopper will have to do something to impress the King, he thinks... Performance.

Performance, untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

"Oh Great King Zusgut! We were here not only to help you but also to entertain you. This team of mercenaries is to clean and well cared for to handle the problem of Your Stinkiness. We will not only defeat the best, but the fight will be so heroic that even from where you sit, we will entertain you oh Mighty Zusgut."

He moves towards the king pulling out his dagger swinging it in the air

"We will slice it and tear it, stab it and squash it, burn it and turn it just for your joy!" He actually attempts to sing that phrase, which to you sound comical. As he sings about burning Hopper reaches out to his bandolier and grabs one flask with red fluid inside and throws it at the piece of stone ground. The fire explodes to add an effect to his actions.

Throwing alchemical fire potion.

He turns and continues with the squeaky voice
"Oh great King may your toes be crooked and your clan strong! But to be that you should select us. "

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +3 | Perc +3 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Before getting to the King

"Zanderel, during our last meeting you said that you have trouble remembering all facts from your past life. Lily and I found a recipe for a juice that helps to unblock some barriers in your mind, making you more feeble but also better at recalling things. Take this flask it might help you. Use it today, as it will lose its power overnight."

With that Hopper gives Zanderel a flask of rather dark fluid.

Cognitive Mutagen use it as you wish. The rest will get their potions after I learn anything about you.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | | Skull & Shackles |

FYI Fijit and Zanderel are friends in IRL, pay no heed to their ralationship snark :-)

Lilac's explanation quickly goes overhead, way overhead, of the Goblin king. Still, he at least seems pleased.

Now, when the Mad Hopper delivers a pièce de résistance King Zusgut positively cheers.

Zanderel: Done
Lilac: Done
Kaelan: Go
Zaos: Go

Mad Hopper: Done.
Fijit: Done

DM:

Sum: 3

Horizon Hunters

M Goblin Ranger 1: Spd:25, HP:23/23, AC:16, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:1, Perception:4 Darkvision, Stealth:6

How'd you do, my honor? diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
exploration mode for me right now is search

Envoy's Alliance

Kaelan is not used to being on stage. In fact, he hates being the center of attention, but his mother insisted that he partake in the local plays that the mining union ran, he tries to remember to project and to keep his chest open...

"Greeting King Zusgut, We have come here to give you the proper honors that Sovereign of the your stature requires. We also bring greetings from the pathfinder Society and Drandle Dreng personally. We are here to help you in anyway possible. I am an expert in mines and underground systems. I am here to help." and with a flourish, he bows a git too low and a bit too quickly to be genuine.

performance: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
diplo aid?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Grand Archive

Male Seer Elf Wizard 2 | HP 20/20 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +4 (Low-Light Vision) ; Arcana +8 ; Speed 30 ft. | AC 16| Fort' +5 ; Ref' +6 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

Earlier...
"Thank you, Hopper. And Lily too," he adds, taking the mutagen with care. "It's a slow process to recover from. There are many days that I wake feeling incomplete. My only recourse may be to fill the space with new information. And I will use this should we find anything worth study where we have time. I understand that there are uncomfortable side effects, and would rather make sure that I do not slow us down."

-------------------------

Default exploration is Detect Magic here. And I think my requisition is a minor heal potion. Nothing unusual.

Zanderel takes a moment to study the mercenary group, committing their appearance and his impressions to memory.

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +3 | Perc +3 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

On the way to the theatre

Hopper approaches Fijit. His hair looks odd on a goblin, as most of them are hairless. Lizzy during that journey sits motionless on his arm.

"Fijit, I think I could have offended you earlier. For which I am sorry. I am not a believer and have a hard time understanding clerics and other religious people. As a gift hold this."

Hopper gives Fijit a flask

"This is a potion that a lot of clerics buy from me looking for religious ecstasy. I tried it myself and it did not much but as my Alchemy teacher used to say even the smartest book will not help an analphabet. Well unless he uses it as a hammer but that is a different story..."

Hopper rambles for a bit

Fijit you get an Serene Mutagen useful for a one day.

-------------------

Responding to Zanderel
"Side effects, side effects. Give me a moment to recall them. Oh yes: 1 out of 10 patients are weaker and can carry less weight as well as are less agile. One should not drive vehicles after taking this medicine and can be less accurate when trying to hit things. But your mind will open on a magical side of the world, you would have a better connection to the magical world. 1 out of 1000 patients complained about hair loss, fungal infections and losing horns. However, the last one was on a group of feys so you should not be worried about that. "

@GM if you find me passing potions in the meantime intrusive let me know and I will pass them in a one post.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | | Skull & Shackles |

Feel free to pass potions as needed. No worries.

The other "adventurers" also try to make their case. The goblin king manages to balance a lot of different points, even as Zaos and Kaelan wrap up. The goblin leader sits thinking for a while, then springs to his feet and points a finger high in the sky. “I know!” he says. “We should have a contest to see who goes! You can read lines from my play.” The surrounding goblins cheer. He squints at the mercenaries. “Since you got here first, you can go first! Show starts in two minutes!” At this news, another cheer goes up from the Crookedtoes goblins and they begin to crowd toward the stage.

A servant hands you each a script, averting his eyes so as to not see the words.

The mercenaries read in a wooden way and mostly just stand on the stage looking uncomfortable, as if reciting lines a teacher has required them to memorize. It's terrible - not funny terrible, just terrible. The goblins are unimpressed and begin throwing bits of rotten fruit and pieces of wood (some of it on fire) at the performers as they boo loudly.

If you want to participate in the heckling, you can make a Bluff check to help throw the competing party off their game. If you DON'T want to participate, make a post as such so I'm not waiting to find out whether or not you do.

Zanderel: Go
Lilac: Go
Kaelan: Go
Zaos: Go
Mad Hopper: Go
Fijit: Go

Envoy's Alliance

Kaelan winces at the mercenaries performance. He feels their shame internally and can't participate in the booing. He just averts his eyes and grimaces.

Vigilant Seal

Battered Young Male Varisian
Stats:
HP 44/44 | 1/1 Hero Points | (Trap Finder) Perc’ +10 (+11 vs. traps) ; Stealth +8 ; Speed 25 ft. | (Deny Advantage) AC 19 (20 vs. traps) | Fort' +10 ; Ref' +10 ; Will +10 (+1 vs. traps)
Active conditions:

(Bluff check = Deception?)

Lilic does not trust these mercenaries to not want to capture whatever is hiding deep under, and maybe bring a peril back into the city.
Thus, though he dislikes this, he heckles the "actors", in order for the Pathfinders to win the right to explore and get rid of the danger...

Deception, trained: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"Boo! Hey! HONOR THE BEAUTY OF THE TEXT! Boo!"

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +3 | Perc +3 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Hopper goes to the audience and says in Goblin:

"What a pack of wooden longshanks! I haven't seen worse actors since Grob Tip broke his neck while chasing a giant piece of cheese from a hill. "

Decepton: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"Both a sad and boring like dwarven plays! Can you get some pulled pork here? You know the kind where you buy pork and pull it among a crowd. Whoever has the biggest piece is the winner?"

1 to 50 of 327 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Flooded King's Court" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.