GM Netherpongo's Emerald Spire (The Tomb of Yarrix)

Game Master Nathan Goodrich

Tomb of Yarrix Maps


1 to 50 of 423 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Tomb of Yarrix Maps

As you descend from the Magma Vault the stairs come to a small, level chamber of dressed stone blocks. To the north, the stairs curve around the Emerald Spire where it protrudes from the western wall as they descend. But to the east stand bronze double doors sealed with red-and-black wax and hung with lead seals suspended from rotting silk ribbons. Runes are engraved around the door frame.

Text in Azlanti or Thassilonian:
Beware! Within lie the remains of the dark heretic Yarrix, cursed be her name. Enter not her tomb, lest you join her restless soul in its banishment in the spaces between the worlds.

The Exchange

Male NG Medium Human Bard 9 | HP 77/77 | AC 25, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 22| F +12 R +16 W +13; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic; +2 vs. fear | Init +11 | Perc +24, SM +22 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-5/7, L2-3/5, L3-3/4 | Bardic Performance 7/23 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (7 images)(CL9)

Deno'thar is a human male carrying a long spear with a prominently displayed banner of the open road.

Greetings fellow Pathfinders, I'm Deno'thar, a maestro who tries to put forth the best foot that we can for the society. I throw a few spells, including making my allies move much faster and usually those around me both excellent morale and are exceptionally competent at using their weapons. it seems a group of experience pathfinders returned from the emerald spire and told us that there is another staircase leading down, and that they'd need a more experienced team of pathfinders to descend it, and find out what lies below. I am recently returning from a mission where we helped the Hao Jin Tapestry and restored its magics, so I guess I qualify as such a pathfinder.

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Zen Archer lv 10 ac 24 max hp 83, F +11, R +17, W +15

Coreleus steps up his horned head and too many teeth gleaming an arrow in his prehensile tailand another in his left claw as his eyes glram in the dark. Too loud and slightly unwashed the monk says I am the property of Marlenus of Cheliax on loan to the Pathfinder society for his amusent and adventures. I am at peace with my place and the meaning of the bow in connection to all that is. My last adventure battled dark krakens in the deep. Most amusing for my watching Master and his betting friends.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Superstitious) 6/Warpriest (Disenchanter) of Nethys 3 l HP 90/90 (19 NL) l AC: 13, T: 12. FF: 12 l F: +13, R: +6, W: +12 l CMB: +10, CMD: 25 l Init +7 l Perc +14 (Darkvision 60') l Rage 21/22 l Active Condition(s):

A tall, dark green skinned, tusked, male half-orc wearing only a well worn breech-cloth held in place by a fancy belt strides down the stairs and stops before the other Pathfinders. A few pouches, bags, and a homemade holy symbol of Nethys (painted more black than white) hang from his belt. He carries a greatsword that rests on his shoulder.

"Hi other finders of paths. I Karn. Karn sent by God of Destruction to break people and foul magics. Karn do that so goodly he given ever greater things and creatures to break as reward." Karn reaches into a pouch and produces a finely crafted journal embossed with the title A Taste of Golarion. He flips to a blank page and jots down a few quick notations before closing the journal and returning it to the pouch.

Karn peers at the runes carved around the door frame and translates them outloud in perfect Taldane (a.k.a. Common) as he reads. "Karn think this place gonna be fun."

GM: Karn is writing a cookbook and keeps a detailed list of the tastes of every creature and person that he bites, licks, or happens to play tonsil hockey with. So if I happen to ask what someone or something tastes like that will be why.

Dark Archive

| AC 36 T18 F28| HP 95/95 1NL | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +24
Session Resources:
Wands LS:1, HA:1 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

A tall man whose skin is dark from too much sun and his hands gnarled from years of work with ropes walk in with a stagger. A flask barely held in his hand. Several rapiers hang from is hip, buckler on his left arm, and a long duster. Concealed within the duster is all manner of vials.

The man adds some drops to his eyes, chases a pill with whiskey, then packs some chem between his gums.

"Okay, I have done somethings that make me a notable pathfinder though they are mostly fuzzy. Let me go in front of the group, I'm good at...stuff...you know finding stuff and talking...stuff. Sorry once the 'medicine' kicks in, I'm better."

Rubbing his eyes the man says,

"I'm the Professor. The name is obviously self-evident."

The professor bows unstably. then says without looking at the door,

"By the way, the door says, 'Beware! Within lie the remains of the dark heretic Yarrix, cursed be her name. Enter not her tomb, lest you join her restless soul in its banishment in the spaces between the worlds.'"

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 65/65 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 3/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +11, R +7, W +13 | | Init +5 | Perc +13 SM +11 | Speed 30 | Active: Air Walk, Longstrider, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

A stern looking man enters, accompanied by a large armored dinosaur. The man’s face is completely covered by a sinister-looking mask that does not appear to even have eye slits. His armor is of the Hellknight fashion but, curiously, it is constructed from shiny scales rather than steel, dragonhide in fact. He peers about the room, as if looking for something from behind his impenetrable mask, and then appears to sigh dejectedly before removing the head-covering to reveal a remarkably ugly face.

”I am Otto O’Read, a signifer of the Order of the Nail. And this – “ he pats the dinosaur – it is in fact an allosaurus – on the head – ”this is Allison. Hail and well met, I suppose."

Otto is a rather serious fellow, fastidiously dressed, and continually checking to make sure that all the buttons on his tunic are lined up with the edge of a ruler. Talking with him, one soon forms the impression that he would much prefer to be at home, tending his garden, and that he comes by the adventurer's life rather reluctantly. "If you don't keep after them, the fields will become clogged with weeds! And the plants themselves, they run amok, this way and that, it doesn't matter if you have planted them in neat and tidy rows - they have no discipline. That's why they need me, to lend a guiding hand, to straighten them out. The natural world, left to itself - bah, pure chaos - we druids must impose ourselves, and by the very force of our will, even the plants, even the animals, all their wildness can be tamed, must be tamed. Then all will be well. At least for the moment, but we must remain vigilant, for their wildness ever seeks to find expression, and to escape from our guidance. Bah!"

Otto lets out a long sigh. "And there I would be, at home, tending the garden, if not for that cursed dog! ... I don't suppose you've seen him?" He gives a description of a missing dog that is so generic that it could easily describe almost any small furry quadraped. (in fact, he is describing another of my characters, a kitsune who spends all his time in fox form) "Yes, it's true, I promised my mother that I would find her dog, no matter what it took, and that I would not return home without him. How was I to know that it would become a quest of not days or weeks, but years? Poor mother. I wonder if she is even still alive, or if I will ever see her again, but I am a man of my word, and I will tread every inch of Golarion - and beyond - until I find that dog. He is a very bad doggy, no discipline at all!"

"But there you have it. One does not choose the quest, one's quest chooses you. I SHALL find that dog, if it's the last thing I do... Maybe he's hiding somewhere in this "Emerald Spire." I do wonder about my azaleas though," he sighs wistfully, "do you think anyone has been watering them?"

The Exchange

Male NG Medium Human Bard 9 | HP 77/77 | AC 25, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 22| F +12 R +16 W +13; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic; +2 vs. fear | Init +11 | Perc +24, SM +22 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-5/7, L2-3/5, L3-3/4 | Bardic Performance 7/23 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (7 images)(CL9)

Deno'thar replies to Otto, " Locate creature is a spell currently beyond my capabilities, but I do know a wizard who could probably cast it. You should talk to wizards of our stature in the society. You could also just ask another signifier, but if you characterize him as a bad dog, as far as I understand the order of the nail, you may never see him again...

He agrees with the professor," Yes, we all have our own ways of dealing the issues that both the day and the dungeons bring. I prefer song, but magics do help. He casts two spells to embolden him as an aware hero.

Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Zen Archer lv 10 ac 24 max hp 83, F +11, R +17, W +15

"No amusement will be had by us standing here looking at ancient warnings and entry doors. Shall we?" Coreleus says with a feral grin

Dark Archive

| AC 36 T18 F28| HP 95/95 1NL | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +24
Session Resources:
Wands LS:1, HA:1 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

The Professor a little more clear headed says, "I will keep an eye out for you dog and I'm sure someone is watering your Azaleas."

Once I his chamicalials fully kick in he speak more clearly, "Ok, let's see what we bring to the table, and decide how we would like to proceed. I calculate would take me less that 18 minutes to sweep the entire are for traps. So I shall look for the group."

18 is the actual time to clear the standard flip map dungeon of traps. Searching efficiently cuts the time down by 1/3. I calculated this awhile ago for when I gm. But this character could estimate size and pace pretty effectively. Right now Professor has clear ears, bloodboiling pill, and barbarian chew. Much more to come.

Sovereign Court

male Sam 8/Ftr 1 HP 84| AC 25; Touch 15; FF 23| F +12; R +6; W +7 | CMB +13; CMD 27 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stealth: -6 Samurai 8/Fighter 1

"Greetings all, I am a noble warrior from Tien. I am sorry I am late for the gathering!"

He turns to the Professor.

"I don't know anything about traps. If you wish to try. Be my guest, sir!"


Tomb of Yarrix Maps

When the party attempts to open the door, they find it to be locked. Somewhat unsurprising, given the Azlanti/Thassilonian text.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Superstitious) 6/Warpriest (Disenchanter) of Nethys 3 l HP 90/90 (19 NL) l AC: 13, T: 12. FF: 12 l F: +13, R: +6, W: +12 l CMB: +10, CMD: 25 l Init +7 l Perc +14 (Darkvision 60') l Rage 21/22 l Active Condition(s):

Karn slaps the door with a meaty hand. "Stupid door!" Karn looks at his companions. "Want me break?"

The Exchange

Male NG Medium Human Bard 9 | HP 77/77 | AC 25, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 22| F +12 R +16 W +13; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic; +2 vs. fear | Init +11 | Perc +24, SM +22 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-5/7, L2-3/5, L3-3/4 | Bardic Performance 7/23 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (7 images)(CL9)

Let’s give the professor a shot at it, with me inspiring him, I’m sure he can pick the lock...” Deno’thar tries to control himself but chuckles a bit,” Couldn’t help myself... Many bards can inspire people to be exceptionally competent at common adventuring tasks, but that is not in my abilities. That said, Master Zey taught me a spell that can snatch victory from the clutches of defeat. Somehow I think the Professor’s a self inspired sort of a man who will succeed on his own.

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 65/65 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 3/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +11, R +7, W +13 | | Init +5 | Perc +13 SM +11 | Speed 30 | Active: Air Walk, Longstrider, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Before passing through the door, Otto casts some spells on himself and his dinosaur companion.

Barkskin (70 minutes) on Otto and Allison; Heightened Awareness on Otto (wand - 10 minutes); Longstrider on Otto (wand - 60 minutes); Greater Magic Fang on Allison (7 hours); Animal Focus (+2 Str) on Allison;

Dark Archive

| AC 36 T18 F28| HP 95/95 1NL | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +24
Session Resources:
Wands LS:1, HA:1 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

The Professor finishes his prep downing heroism (alchemical allocation), barkskin, long strider (wand), heighten awareness, and mutagen.

Professor try to curse Yarrix to see if it is a riddle lock.

"F*#% Yarrix. Well, sometimes these things are just stupid riddles, sometimes they are are not."

Disable Device : 10 + 22 = 32


Tomb of Yarrix Maps

GM Dice:

Brown Mold Aura Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6) = 18

Though the lock might have been sturdier in when it was new, time has weathered away at its components and the Professor slides the lock aside, allowing the party to open the doors.

Did we get a final trap Perception for the Professor yet?

Beyond the door lie a series of passages, with a main passage leading ahead to another set of doors and a series of smaller passages (not yet fully detailed) on either side.

Ahead of you stand two armored constructs. An eerie green light glows from seams in their dingy-looking armor. As the door opens, they turn to face you, raising guisarmes in your direction.

The temperature plunges dramatically.

Knowledge (Arcana - Construct) DC 16 (DC 11 if your character has extensive experience in the Emerald Spire):
These are emerald constructs, a type of automaton specific to the spire. Aside from typical construct traits, you know that these creatures emit an electrical aura after they are badly wounded, damaging those nearby. 5' aura after they are bloodied (50% hp). Despite their dingy appearance, these constructs seem to be better preserved than most specimens that you are aware of, and may be stronger.

Additional Knowledge +5 DC:
You are also aware that these constructs are dependent on magic to function. If deprived of magic, their movements are hampered considerably. Aside from higher level effects like antimagic, they can be dispelled as though they were a magic item, which exhausts them.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering) DC 7:
The constructs are covered in brown mold, a common adventuring hazard that drains the heat out of surrounding areas and creatures. 30' aura of cold damage

I only have two miniatures that were put on the board before the combat started, and neither of them were near the door. So I'm moving the minis I have near to the door, and everyone else should be around. I'll let you place yourselves. I've provided minis you can use if you choose on the first page of the maps document. If you don't use those minis (forum avatars) I'll need some sort of guide to let me know who is who.

Coreleus Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 - can you brush up your character sheet? I had to go looking for your initiative and I'm not sure I have it right
Deno'thar Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Karn Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Otto Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Professor Kaldosian Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Rhon Rhino Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Toshiro Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Red Construct Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Yellow Construct Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

As the temperature plunges, all of you feel your muscles begin to freeze up and tighten uncomfortably. Everyone that is within 30' of the constructs (I'm assuming that is everyone) takes 18 nonlethal damage from shenanigans that you can probably learn about above.

Initiative Order:
Professor Kaldosian
Coreleus
Otto
Yellow Construct
Red Construct
Deon'thar
Karn
Toshiro
Rhon Rhino
End of Round

Professor Kaldosian, Coreleus and Otto can act!

Sovereign Court

male Sam 8/Ftr 1 HP 84| AC 25; Touch 15; FF 23| F +12; R +6; W +7 | CMB +13; CMD 27 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stealth: -6 Samurai 8/Fighter 1

If it's OK. Toshiro doesn't draw his katana unless, I say so?


Tomb of Yarrix Maps

My general assumption when parties are in dungeons are that their weapons are drawn. With your archetype, it's totally fine if you want to start with your weapon put away as the default. (Or even without the archetype I guess, but I don't know why you'd want it...)

And I guess the animal companion is Allison, not Rhon Rhino? I looked around on Otto's character sheet and went with what I found.

Dark Archive

| AC 36 T18 F28| HP 95/95 1NL | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +24
Session Resources:
Wands LS:1, HA:1 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

"Let's make space so they come to us and we can all hit them. I'm much too old to be brave."

Arcana: 1d20 + 18 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 18 + (5) = 41
Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 18 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 18 + 4 + (2) = 36

The professor begins lecturing on the key points that he knows.

Arcana For useful informaiton about the creatures: 1d20 + 18 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 18 + (4) = 40

The professor begins lecturing on the key points that he knows.

Delay until the creatures approach:

Parry Adamintine Rapier: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23
Repost: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Creature is sickened on a hit (no fort save so I think it works on constructs oddly).

On his turn:
Swift action study(+4/+4)
Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (11) + 24 = 35
Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37
Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Confirmation: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31
Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

5ft step to make room.

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 65/65 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 3/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +11, R +7, W +13 | | Init +5 | Perc +13 SM +11 | Speed 30 | Active: Air Walk, Longstrider, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Yes, correct about my animal companion. I used to have an elasmotherium (Rhon Rhino) but recently received a boon that made an allosaurus (Allison) a playable companion. This is the first time playing PbP with this character since then, so I hadn't updated that part. But I've now created a profile for Allison with her stats and dotted in with her so she should be good to go. Sorry for the confusion.

Both Otto and Allison take 18 non-lethal from the cold. I could cast Communal Resist Energy (Cold) if need be, but I'm inclined to save it for now.

Otto will delay to go on the same initiative count as Allison

The Exchange

Male NG Medium Human Bard 9 | HP 77/77 | AC 25, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 22| F +12 R +16 W +13; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic; +2 vs. fear | Init +11 | Perc +24, SM +22 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-5/7, L2-3/5, L3-3/4 | Bardic Performance 7/23 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (7 images)(CL9)

The morale bonus from Deno’thar is always in effect as long as you’re within 30’, so please include in your damage and attack rolls. Deno’thar also has combat reflexes and bodyguard, incase it comes up, and would always attempt it if possible (GM can roll, succeeds unless I automatically miss [e.g.. roll a 1], giving plus 8 AC.)

Dark Archive

| AC 36 T18 F28| HP 95/95 1NL | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +24
Session Resources:
Wands LS:1, HA:1 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

Professor looks at the flag and feels stronger. Increase all damage by 2. He already has a morale bonus to attack.


Large Female Neutral Allosaurus | HP 45/45 | AC 30 T 12 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F +8, R +9, W +7 (+4 vs enchantments) | Init +3 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 40' | Active Conditions: Barkskin, GMFang | Constant:
Deno'thar wrote:
The morale bonus from Deno’thar is always in effect as long as you’re within 30’, so please include in your damage and attack rolls. Deno’thar also has combat reflexes and bodyguard, incase it comes up, and would always attempt it if possible (GM can roll, succeeds unless I automatically miss [e.g.. roll a 1], giving plus 8 AC.)

What's the source of the morale bonus? Will it apply to my INT 3 dinosaur?

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Zen Archer lv 10 ac 24 max hp 83, F +11, R +17, W +15

Coreleus stands in the back and yet within 30 feet and will also get a good look at that flag for inspirational purposes while pulling his wand of gravity bow and tapping himself with it

umd 11: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Tomb of Yarrix Maps

GM Dice:

Red Emerald Automaton Attack vs Professor Kaldosian: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Green Emerald Automaton Attack vs Toshiro: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

The party prepares for the fight ahead while the constructs advance on them with their guisarmes! Professor Kaldosian deflects the blow with his rapier but is unable to retaliate at that range. I think. It's so easy to miss something at this level. Toshiro's heavy armor deflects a poorly aimed attack.

Since Professor Kaldosian isn't able to take the turn he specified earlier (he can't move up to hit them and then 5' step away), he can change his action on this next set of turns. It's the same initiative anyhow.

Initiative is easy now. Everyone can go!

The Exchange

Male NG Medium Human Bard 9 | HP 77/77 | AC 25, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 22| F +12 R +16 W +13; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic; +2 vs. fear | Init +11 | Perc +24, SM +22 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-5/7, L2-3/5, L3-3/4 | Bardic Performance 7/23 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (7 images)(CL9)

loremaster take 10 on knowledges. I assume that 30 dungoneering is sufficient to recall how to deal with brown mold, if it is I add that information when I speak.

Deno’thar begins to sing a song inspiring his allies to battle and moves back to 35’ away from the constructs. They’re covered in brown mold.

buffs: inspire courage and flagbearer for +3 competence to attack, damage, +2 morale to attack and damage and +3 saves vs fear

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Zen Archer lv 10 ac 24 max hp 83, F +11, R +17, W +15

Coreleus eyes grow distant a moment as his fingers take up the string of the bow string to my fingers, arrow through the air feathers seeking, find the enemy

attack 1: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21

attack 2: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24

attack 3: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

attack 4: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

damage 1: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 = 13

damage 2: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 3) + 8 = 13

damage 3: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2) + 8 = 14

damage 4: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 4) + 8 = 15

crit?: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

crit damage: 4d6 + 16 ⇒ (5, 6, 2, 6) + 16 = 35

if evil it's another 2d6 holy damage, if all hit add 6 damage do hammer the gap

Dark Archive

| AC 36 T18 F28| HP 95/95 1NL | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +24
Session Resources:
Wands LS:1, HA:1 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

Professor will 5ft forward and commit to the attacks I already rolled. Seems like the fewest changes.

Sovereign Court

male Sam 8/Ftr 1 HP 84| AC 25; Touch 15; FF 23| F +12; R +6; W +7 | CMB +13; CMD 27 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stealth: -6 Samurai 8/Fighter 1

Toshiro steps up and abruptly draws his katana. He nods at it.

red

"This thing is unnatural and will die quickly on my honor!"

5' step, challenge it, power attack, Iaijutsu Strike per my statement that I keep it sheathed if that's OK? -4 to AC now,

attack bardic inspiration power attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

damage bardic inspiration challenge power attack, i strike: 1d8 + 30 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 30 + (3, 4, 2, 2) = 43

don't know if I need Fort Save from mold, will use resolve if I fail it.

Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Superstitious) 6/Warpriest (Disenchanter) of Nethys 3 l HP 90/90 (19 NL) l AC: 13, T: 12. FF: 12 l F: +13, R: +6, W: +12 l CMB: +10, CMD: 25 l Init +7 l Perc +14 (Darkvision 60') l Rage 21/22 l Active Condition(s):

Karn snarls and rumbles into the corridor. With a ferocious growl he brings his greatsword crashing into the construction (Red).

Attack: +3 Furious Adamantine Greatsword, Power Attack, Furious Focus, Inspire Courage, Flagbearer, Banner of Ancient Kings: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (19) + 24 = 43
Damage: Magic, Adamantine, Slashing, Power Attack, Inspire Courage, Flagbearer, Banner of Ancient Kings: 2d6 + 26 ⇒ (1, 2) + 26 = 29

Critical Hit Confirmation Roll: +3 Furious Adamantine Greatsword, Power Attack, Furious Focus, Inspire Courage, Flagbearer, Banner of Ancient Kings: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (5) + 24 = 29
Critical Hit Damage: Magic, Adamantine, Slashing, Power Attack, Inspire Courage, Flagbearer, Banner of Ancient Kings: 2d6 + 26 ⇒ (2, 5) + 26 = 33

Fortitude Save (if needed): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Dark Archive

| AC 36 T18 F28| HP 95/95 1NL | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +24
Session Resources:
Wands LS:1, HA:1 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

Could Karn have gone to the right of red? If not I have an alternative.

Alternative If professor can't full attack:

Acrobatics boots of the Softpaw: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40To move to flank with Karn.

Attack: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (10) + 31 = 41
Damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Sorry for complicating things.


Tomb of Yarrix Maps

I don't see a Fort save associated with the mold. Everyone takes full damage.

I will add that destroying the constructs won't deal with the mold. It's sitting on the constructs but isn't part of the same creature. You'll need to deal with the mold separately.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Superstitious) 6/Warpriest (Disenchanter) of Nethys 3 l HP 90/90 (19 NL) l AC: 13, T: 12. FF: 12 l F: +13, R: +6, W: +12 l CMB: +10, CMD: 25 l Init +7 l Perc +14 (Darkvision 60') l Rage 21/22 l Active Condition(s):

He can go next to red and green. If red is downed he will attack green.

Dark Archive

| AC 36 T18 F28| HP 95/95 1NL | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +24
Session Resources:
Wands LS:1, HA:1 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

thanks!

GM is there a knowledge check on the mold specifically how to kill it? Does the 36 above tell us?

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 65/65 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 3/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +11, R +7, W +13 | | Init +5 | Perc +13 SM +11 | Speed 30 | Active: Air Walk, Longstrider, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Otto directs Allison to attack Red, and to both trip and grab him if she can.

Free action to direct Allison to attack Red, using the Upending Strike hunter's trick.


Large Female Neutral Allosaurus | HP 45/45 | AC 30 T 12 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F +8, R +9, W +7 (+4 vs enchantments) | Init +3 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 40' | Active Conditions: Barkskin, GMFang | Constant:

Allison steps forward 5' and attempts to maul the Red construct.

Bite, flag, inspire, GMFang: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30 Possibly -4 due to attacking through Prof. B's square? Allison is 10' tall if it matters.
Magic B/P/S dmg, flag, inspire, GMFang: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Trip vs CMD, flag, inspire, GMFang: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40 Possibly -4 due to attacking through Prof. B's square? Uses one use of Skirmisher Tricks; 4 remaining
Grab vs CMD, flag, inspire, GMFang, vs prone, grab ability: 1d20 + 24 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 24 + 4 = 35 Possibly -4 due to attacking through Prof. B's square?
I believe Red is now hopefully prone and grappled

Claw1, flag, inspire, GMFang, vs prone: 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 18 + 4 = 42
Magical B/S dmg, flag, inspire: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Claw2, flag, inspire, GMFang, vs prone: 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 4 = 37
Magical B/S dmg, flag, inspire: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

CRIT CONFIRM? Claw1, flag, inspire, GMFang, vs prone: 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 18 + 4 = 34
EXTRA CRIT DMG Magical B/S dmg, flag, inspire: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 65/65 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 3/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +11, R +7, W +13 | | Init +5 | Perc +13 SM +11 | Speed 30 | Active: Air Walk, Longstrider, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Otto utters some magical words and stomps his foot, attempting to trip Green from a distance.

Thunderstomp

Trip vs CMD: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Then he'll move down the corridor to try to avoid the effect of the brown mold.


Tomb of Yarrix Maps

I didn't say so in the spoiler (I forgot) but you guys easily got high enough to qualify for the knowledge. Bringing fire close to the mold causes it to double in size, while any amount of cold damage kills it.

Coreleus kills the first construct and Karn, Professor Kaldosian and Toshiro team up to kill the second.

Professor Kaldosian had to take the acrobatics path to make everyone's actions work and I put Toshiro in the first combat spot since he acted before Karn. (none of which is important now) Otto and Allison can change their actions as needed. I'll get a new map up soon. We're still in semi-initiative since people are taking damage from the mold until that is sorted out. If you guys don't have cold damage handy, you might try dragging the construct 'corpses' somewhere that they won't be in the way.

Otto can re-take their action, after which I'll have more cold damage.

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 65/65 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 3/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +11, R +7, W +13 | | Init +5 | Perc +13 SM +11 | Speed 30 | Active: Air Walk, Longstrider, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Since neither Otto nor Allison have any way to do cold damage, and both constructs are destroyed by the time they act, they will each just move more than 30' away to avoid the dmg from the brown mold.

Dark Archive

| AC 36 T18 F28| HP 95/95 1NL | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +24
Session Resources:
Wands LS:1, HA:1 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

"Move."

When he can Professor will grab a liquid ice and throws it at a the ground. 1 point of cold.


Tomb of Yarrix Maps

GM Dice:

Brown Mold Cold Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4) = 11

The Professor's liquid ice freezes up the brown mold, destroying it. But not before it does more cold damage. Those within 30' of the mold take 11 nonlethal cold.

The wide corridor is finished in dark, glossy stone. The walls feature prominent stone ribs every two feet, and meet in a pointed arch twenty feet above the floor. Narrow passageways lead north and south from this hall, and there are large bronze double doors at each end.

The side hallways are decoarted with brightly painted murals showing human and inhuman forms dancing, fighting and performing rituals. Down the hall is a gleaming bronze door. Shorter intersecting hallways link the longer north-south passage with perpendicular passages.

It was a short combat, but everyone took a little damage. Do any recovery you need to. I replaced everyone on the map. The positions aren't the same, but we're not in combat so you can move around if you wish.

Professor Kaldosian soon realizes that both sides of the main corridor are trapped with a magical effect. See the red squares. Arcana is appropriate to determine the nature of these traps if you wish to try.

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Zen Archer lv 10 ac 24 max hp 83, F +11, R +17, W +15

Coreleus holds back looking back and forth covering the professor in case anything attacks

Dark Archive

| AC 36 T18 F28| HP 95/95 1NL | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +24
Session Resources:
Wands LS:1, HA:1 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

6d8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 5, 3, 3, 6, 4) + 6 = 28

Professor heals himself up most of the way (-1). Then uses his wayfinder to detect magic.

Arcana: 1d20 + 20 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 20 + (3) = 34 (Clear Ears, HeightA, heroism)
Arcana: 1d20 + 20 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 20 + (5) = 38

"I wonder if I can disarm them."

If he finds it reasonable to disarm the traps after looking for other dangers:

Disable device: 10 + 28 = 38 (10ranks +3 class skill +5 dex +2 tools +4 trapfinder +2 mutagen, +2 heroism,
Disable device: 10 + 28 = 38

"Thank you for guarding me Coreleus.


Tomb of Yarrix Maps

Professor Kaldosian quickly concludes that it is not reasonable to disarm the trap. It is weird and has no Disable DC. It is a Looping Passage trap, that will keep its victims walking in circles for up to 8 hours at a time before ejecting them back into the area they came from, much the worse for wear. Teleportation techniques as well as entering another dimension is sufficient to escape, though the Professor suspects that a true master could possibly escape the trap without the aid of direct magic. The trap is safe enough if it is simply not entered, however.

Given the nature of the trap, he suspects that the trap expends further than he can currently see.

Dark Archive

| AC 36 T18 F28| HP 95/95 1NL | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +24
Session Resources:
Wands LS:1, HA:1 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

As he walks a little further and see that the areas essentially form squares he guesses.

"If you go down there you would walk those squares endlessly for hours. It is beyond me to disarm them which is strange. I don't see a way through so I think we should move ahead and see if we can circle around and bypass them."

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Superstitious) 6/Warpriest (Disenchanter) of Nethys 3 l HP 90/90 (19 NL) l AC: 13, T: 12. FF: 12 l F: +13, R: +6, W: +12 l CMB: +10, CMD: 25 l Init +7 l Perc +14 (Darkvision 60') l Rage 21/22 l Active Condition(s):

Karn peers curiously at the hallways that the Professor points out and listens intently to his explanation. "Right, so mark as dangerous and move on." Karn pulls out a tattered piece of parchment and a bit of charcoal. He draws out the beginnings of a crud map and marks out the trapped area. He jots in a quick notation in the margin about the nature of the trap that reads: Magic, Endless walk, Bad.

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 65/65 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 3/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +11, R +7, W +13 | | Init +5 | Perc +13 SM +11 | Speed 30 | Active: Air Walk, Longstrider, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Otto uses his wand on himself...
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

... and then on his dinosaur companion.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Otto peers down the hall at the trap that Professor B has identified. "I wonder if that doggie could be down there..." But he does not enter to investigate.

Sovereign Court

male Sam 8/Ftr 1 HP 84| AC 25; Touch 15; FF 23| F +12; R +6; W +7 | CMB +13; CMD 27 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stealth: -6 Samurai 8/Fighter 1

"Can I have a table of that magical wand sir Otto please? I seem to have been affected by that mold? I regret that I do not have my own."

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Zen Archer lv 10 ac 24 max hp 83, F +11, R +17, W +15

I have a wand that can help you whole the professor and Karn Mark he trap it will however make you infernal for a bit

Dark Archive

| AC 36 T18 F28| HP 95/95 1NL | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +24
Session Resources:
Wands LS:1, HA:1 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

The Professor moves down the hall and makes chalk marks on the wall. Looks ahead for any danger.

1 to 50 of 423 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Netherpongo's Tomb of Yarrix Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.