#9-22 - Grotto of the Deluged God (Inactive)

Game Master noral

Maps / Handouts



When a ship that Venture-Captain Calisro Benarry hired to ferry Pathfinders to the Gloomspires vanished, she called upon diviners to speak to the sailors, only to learn that they had met a watery grave. Benarry has narrowed down the ship’s location to the shoals off the coast of the pirate island of Tempest Cay. While the venture-captain asks some questions on shore and searches for survivors, the PCs must travel out to the shipwreck, uncover the reason why a crew of experienced sailors met their doom, and discover why the nearby ocean has been growing increasingly perilous.

* * *

This adventure takes place off the shore of Tempest Cay, the northernmost island in the Shackles. It is north of Widowmaker Isle and just south of the terrible Eye of Abendego. The island’s major settlement is the storm-lashed port city of Drenchport.

* * *

You have been summoned to the Grinning Pixie, the ship—and mobile Pathfinder lodge—of Venture-Captain Calisro Benarry, which is currently moored off Tempest Cay, the northernmost island in the Shackles.

Venture-Captain Calisro Benarry, a powerfully built half-orc, stands defiantly on the deck despite the driving winds. Sparse clouds are resplendent with the calm colors of twilight, but waves lap roughly against the ship as sea spray mists the air.

Please describe your characters and introduce yourself if you like.


If you are a member of the Concordance faction, or if this character has played #6–06 Hall of the Flesh Eaters, #7–19 The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts, or #8–15 Hrethnar’s Throne, you gain a +5 bonus on these Knowledge checks.

* *

Regarding the Eye of Abendigo itself.

Knowledge (geography or local) DC 10+:

Some locals believe the mostly absent ruler of Tempest Cay, the druid and pirate captain called the Master of Gales, must be controlling the mysterious winds and currents.

Knowledge (geography or local) DC 15+:

The pirates of the Shackles utilize the Eye of Abendego as a part of their defenses. Many of the residents of these isles are involved in piracy to some degree, which is related to their unwillingness to answer questions from outsiders.

Knowledge (geography or local) DC 20+:

The Eye of Abendego is a vicious, perpetual hurricane. Although its exact cause is unknown, it formed roughly at the time of the death of the god Aroden. Its intensity is variable and unpredictable. Its weaker winds can tear the sails off the biggest ships, while its stronger gales can reduce a ship to splinters.

Knowledge (geography or local) DC 25+:

Pirates and rough seas are not the only dangers in the Eye of Abendego. Sailors who have braved the outer rim of the hurricane also report encounters with ghost ships, aquatic undead, powerful elementals, and vicious sea monsters.

* *

Regarding Factions/Cults Related to the Eye

Knowledge (religion or planes) DC 15+:

The Concordance of Elements is interested in preserving elemental balance, and the recently formed Concordance faction is interested in developing a healthy relationship between the Concordance of Elements and the Pathfinder Society. Ranginori, the good-aligned elemental lord of air, was recently freed from his long imprisonment by an alliance of Pathfinder Society and Concordance of Elements agents.

Knowledge (religion or planes) DC 20+:

A small religious group calls itself the Cult of the Eye and worships the Eye of Abendego, believing it to be a divine being which they call the Deluged God. They believe their deity has created these new weather patterns to lure souls toward the island to be recruited as new followers.

Knowledge (religion or planes) DC 25+:

A now-dead cult called Storm Kindlers was a splinter group of Gozreh followers who believed the Eye of Abendego was a manifestation of their god. A new rising cult in the Sodden Lands has taken up their mantle and name and seeks to understand the Eye. They reject the beliefs of the Cult of the Eye.

Knowledge (religion or planes) DC 30+:

Scholars of the planes report recent disruptions in the Plane of Air that may be related to the shift in weather patterns.

Scarab Sages

N ifrit Gunslinger 1/Investigator 4 (Sheet) | HP: 30/30 | AC: 21 (14 T, 17 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 4, R: 11, W: 6 | Init: 16 | Perc: 13 (15 to find traps) | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Grit/Luck 4/4 | Inspiration 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

Rami is an ifrit with dark red skin and brown hair that he kept mostly hidden under a wide-brimmed hat. He was protected by leathers and a pair of pistols, one on each hip. He had a rugged demeanor and a bit of a twitch. His hands liked to hover close to his weapons.

Kn. Geography: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 6 + (1) = 27
Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 6 + (4) = 25

"Yeah, I think I've heard a little bit about that..."

Rami relates everything he knows about the subject matter at hand.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half Elf Vigilante 2| HP 19/19 | AC 22, T 11, FF 20 | F +4, R +4, W +6 | Init +8 | Per +5 SM +4

The Pale Butcher is an all too familiar sight to the victims of Queen Ileosa's reign, a tall powerfully built woman in gleaming silver plate, though her cloak and plumage have been redyed a pale yellow instead of the red common the the Gray Maidens. A heavy-bladed falchion with a black ribbon tied to its pommel rests at her belt. Despite presumably being surrounded by friends, she sits rigidly, always seeming ready to respond to whatever threats might be conjured up at a moment's notice.

Rami's explanations clearly don't fall on deaf ears, but she waits until he has finished expounding before she speaks. "These cultists, is there any reason to think them dangerous? You have spoken of their disagreements with one another, but not how they feel towards outsiders such as ourselves."


Rami shares what he knows with all of you and that is already a great start!! ;-) I will continue a bit.

You have been summoned to the Grinning Pixie, the ship—and mobile Pathfinder lodge—of Venture-Captain Calisro Benarry, which is currently moored off Tempest Cay, the northernmost island in the Shackles.

Venture-Captain Calisro Benarry, a powerfully built half-orc, stands defiantly on the deck despite the driving winds. Sparse clouds are resplendent with the calm colors of twilight, but waves lap roughly against the ship as sea spray mists the air.

“Good. You’re here. Come with me.”

She leads the way to a room below decks, where a hanging lantern illuminates a canvas map
of the isles of the Shackles, with currents and depth marked, fastened to a wooden table with rusting nails. A model of the Grinning Pixie, carved from cork, shows the ship’s current position.

“I hope you lubbers aren’t afraid to get your feet wet. Here’s what I’ve got for you: you’re here to find a Thuvian caravel called the Pride of Aspenthar. The Pride’s captain was Jaheem Quinn, a half-elf with a magical knack for the water. Not a wizard or such, but I’ll be damned if the water didn’t do what he asked when he asked it. I hired Jaheem to take our agents on a mission to the Gloomspires, and neither he nor his ship ever returned to Drenchport. Divinations confirmed that the ship was lost and suggested that no one was aboard, but that could mean anything from them all abandoning ship to a hold full of dead sailors. The winds around the Eye of Abendego are always perilous, but sending Jaheem and his crew into such dangerous currents is one of my few regrets.”

The half-orc pauses and shakes her head, her face hardening with resolve.


“The winds have been strange of late, and it seems they’ve turned up news of the Pride—wrecked, of course—near Tempest Cay. It’s a rough place where outside eyes aren’t welcome. You won’t find anyone willing to give account to strangers. I’ve developed a number of connections here, so I’ll see what I can discover on land about any survivors. Your task is to seek out the wrecked ship itself. I’ve been studying these waters and their currents a long time. If a ship has wrecked, it should be around here.” She stabs at the map with a strong finger. “At low tide, the water should be shallow enough to explore on foot in relative safety, without the waves lashing down. You’re to look for any information about why the ship went down, especially if it had to do with these currents. If you can, keep an eye out for Jaheem’s log. It should tell us quite a bit about what happened."

She pauses a moment.

“Follow any leads you find, but if something’s too much for you to handle, come find me on Tempest Cay. You can ask for me at the Drowned Dwarf in Drenchport. Otherwise, I’ll meet you back here.”

Her gaze lingers on each face in turn.

“Right. I’ve got to go landside to catch my contacts while they’re in their cups but still talkative. Be ready to leave an hour before dawn. Enjoy the comforts of the ship tonight, and make sure you visit the quartermaster; I’ve requisitioned specialized supplies for you, and you can ask her any questions you might have. Oh,” the halforc grins, showing gleaming fangs, “and ask her to wish you luck.”

Scarab Sages

N ifrit Gunslinger 1/Investigator 4 (Sheet) | HP: 30/30 | AC: 21 (14 T, 17 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 4, R: 11, W: 6 | Init: 16 | Perc: 13 (15 to find traps) | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Grit/Luck 4/4 | Inspiration 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

"Cultists rarely get along with outsiders in my experience. Either they want you to join or die or they just skip right to the killing part. Either way, you want to know where your weapons are at all times."

"And speaking of weapons, as long as I can keep my powder dry I should be all right."

Rami will head to the quartermaster to pick up a wand of air bubble for 2 prestige and 2 potions of touch of the sea for 100 gp.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (2) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft| Spells: 1st =3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Bluff -2, Climb +6, Diplomacy -2, Handle Animal +3(+7), Heal (+6), Intimidate -2, Know(nature) +7, Know(Geo) +5, Perception +7, Sense Motive +2, Stealth -1, Survival +9, Swim +6

I can't beat any of those knowledge rolls

Paemil approaches the group, his size and strength immediately apparent. His hair is long and unkempt, and he wears a deep green cloak about his heavy leather armor. A thick wooden shield is strapped to his back alongside a glimmering scimitar.

At his side is a white cat, padding quietly at the humans feet. Her tail sways simply as she moves, as though she doesn't have a care in the world- despite being surrounded by humans.

"I called Paemil. I here for travel on ship. Must leave soon, storms grow dark on horizon. Prepare for water, ask nature for help. Also, Lumi" as he gestures towards the snow leopard.

He turns to her, and speaks much more smoothly and quickly- ending in a fit of stifled laughter.

"У реду је. Они су наши пријатељи. Наши животи могу зависити од њихових вештина. Надам се да вам се свиђа вода, можда сте научили да пливате заједно."

Sylvan:
It is ok. They are our friends. Our lives may depend on their skills. I hope that you like water, perhaps you learn to swim afterall.

Sovereign Court

LN Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Aldori Defender) 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 18, t: 14, ff:14 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +4, Perc: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Marla is a stern looking human woman of not much more than average height and a toned build. Her long auburn hair stays down while in preparation and negotiation, but when she is preparing for combat she puts it up into a bun. She wears a chain shirt for protection under her fur cloak and her left hand is always resting on the pommel of her dueling sword.

Having little knowledge related to the subjects being discussed, Marla just nods along while Rami and Calisro explain. "As much as I hate to admit it, my sword here wouldn't do me much good if I were pulled under."

Approaching the quartermaster, she asks: "If we encounter any hostile cultists should we bring them back alive or dead?"

Marla will purchase two potions of touch of the sea (after seeing Rami do it) and a shortsword for a 110gp total.


To the quartermaster!

The quartermaster is a brightly dressed tengu who introduces herself as Kakikko. Her graying ruff feathers betray her age, but her eyes are bright and her bearing is spry and cheerful, in contrast to the seriousness of the venture-captain. It’s clear that she enjoys her post.

“Hello, fellow Pathfinders,” Kakikko says.

“You’re here to find the wreck of the Pride of Aspenthar, right? Good. I’ve some gear for you.”

Kakikko hands each of you a potion of water breathing and give the group one wand of touch of the sea with 10 charges remaining.

"Mind you return anything you don't use."

Finally, she hands over a hand-sized chunk of wood.

"This isn’t just any splinter. It’s a token that transforms into a swan boat.”

The quartermaster leans forward, clacking her beak.

“This boat drives itself by magic. It will only last for one day, but that should be much more time than you need. Now, do you have any questions?"


Thanks! Please note the purchases on the slides in the column next to your name for my sanity. :-)

Marla Calvus wrote:


Approaching the quartermaster, she asks: "If we encounter any hostile cultists should we bring them back alive or dead?"

"Ahhh, very good question! I do not like killing so if you ask me just avoid them and do not kill anybody but also do not bring them along!"

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Silver Tongue 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Domitian accepts the potion and slides it into his backpack. He also eyes the wand with obvious desire dancing in his eyes. He does not however reach for it. Razmir provides, be patient Domitian and the wand will be yours.

Meta wise I can use that wand. Touch of the sea is a sorcerer spell. Domitian can use it even though he is a priest.

Scarab Sages

N ifrit Gunslinger 1/Investigator 4 (Sheet) | HP: 30/30 | AC: 21 (14 T, 17 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 4, R: 11, W: 6 | Init: 16 | Perc: 13 (15 to find traps) | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Grit/Luck 4/4 | Inspiration 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

"I can attempt to use the wand, though my skill with them is a bit shaky. Growing up in the Mana Wastes didn't give me much of an opportunity to practice with them."

No spell-casting ability but a +8 UMD.

Sovereign Court

LN Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Aldori Defender) 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 18, t: 14, ff:14 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +4, Perc: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"I've no luck with magic sticks, so whoever feels they can make it work go ahead."

Marla graciously takes the potion of water breathing and nods to the response from the quartermaster.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (2) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft| Spells: 1st =3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Bluff -2, Climb +6, Diplomacy -2, Handle Animal +3(+7), Heal (+6), Intimidate -2, Know(nature) +7, Know(Geo) +5, Perception +7, Sense Motive +2, Stealth -1, Survival +9, Swim +6

"What bout Lumi. Vial for cat too?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Half Elf Vigilante 2| HP 19/19 | AC 22, T 11, FF 20 | F +4, R +4, W +6 | Init +8 | Per +5 SM +4

The Pale Butcher accepts her potion with a small nod of thanks, waiting to hear if anyone could properly manage the wand. "Captain Benarry seemed to know the captain of The Pride, but she spoke of this as if of a long-held regret. When did she sink?"


Paemil wrote:

"What bout Lumi. Vial for cat too?"

The Tengu smiles.

”Of course! Here you go!“


The quartermaster thinks a moment.

”Nobody’s quite sure. A rescue party we sent to the Gloomspires found a number of survivors of the landing party that had launched from the Pride. They hadn’t fared well. Well, that’s an understatement. Honestly, they were raging cannibals when we found them, but we did learn that the ship was hale and whole when they left it to explore the tombs. That’s the last report we have. Hopefully you’ll be able to return with news!“

She looks at the floor and back to you.

“That mission was just about two years ago!“

Liberty's Edge

Female Half Elf Vigilante 2| HP 19/19 | AC 22, T 11, FF 20 | F +4, R +4, W +6 | Init +8 | Per +5 SM +4

The Pale Butcher's mask hides whatever reaction she might have to that news. "Human cannibals? Or undead?"


The Tengu suddenly is more serious.

”They were still alive! But you do not want to know what happened with their mind! These were Pathfinders, these were friends ... now we cannot help them anymore ... but to keep them safe is our duty.“


The Tengu looks at you and chuckles.

"Ah, I forgot that some of you lubbers weren't from around here. Just so you know. Tempest Cay is the northernmost isle of the Shackles. 'Tis an insular place, and people in the town don't appreciate outsiders poking their noses in. I imagine that's why the captain is going to reconnoiter there while you search for the remains of the ship."

After a while, she looks at the token.

"Also note that the magic of the boat should last all day, and you're close enough that it shouldn't take you longer than that to investigate."

I'll add that this boat seems to be a custom model, and it will be big enough to handle the party, but not as big as a standard swan boat feather token.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (2) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft| Spells: 1st =3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Bluff -2, Climb +6, Diplomacy -2, Handle Animal +3(+7), Heal (+6), Intimidate -2, Know(nature) +7, Know(Geo) +5, Perception +7, Sense Motive +2, Stealth -1, Survival +9, Swim +6

"Thank. You." The human tucks the two vials into his pocket, and crouches down by the youthful leopard. He takes her face in his hands, gently stroking her ears as he whispers into her ear.

"Надам се да си спреман да идеш на пријатеља пливања. Бићу с тобом, не плаши се. Нећу дозволити да вам се догоди било шта неугодно"

Druidic:
I hope you are ready to go swimming friend. I will be with you, do not fear. I willl not allow anything unsavory to happen to you

"Must leave now? Magics not ready for water. May ask the winds and seas for different power, yes?"

From a scenario standpoint, is there any chance we could take off tomorrow? I wasn't prepared for water/boat scenario and wouldn't mind an opportunity to change around my prepared spells. If not, no big deal- but it's worth asking!


The quartermaster looks at her map.

”Well, you are surely wondering how long time you’ll have before the tide comes back in? Two or three good hours, I would think, but these waters are famous for being unpredictable. If it were me, I wouldn’t linger!“

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Silver Tongue 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

I shall take a few minutes to pray to The Living God and I will be ready to depart.

Domitian finds a secluded spot and drops to his knees in prayer. His lips move wordlessly as he communes with his deity.

Sovereign Court

LN Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Aldori Defender) 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 18, t: 14, ff:14 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +4, Perc: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Marla doffs her cloak and traces a spiral over her chest with her right index finger. If I am to die today, Lady of Graves, let it not be the waves that take me.

"I too am ready to depart. Thank you for your help, Kakikko."

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Silver Tongue 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Once his prayers are complete Domitian returns to Kakikko. If the wand is still there he will take it It would appear that Razmir intends for me to have this for now. All Hail the Living God.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half Elf Vigilante 2| HP 19/19 | AC 22, T 11, FF 20 | F +4, R +4, W +6 | Init +8 | Per +5 SM +4

The Pale Butcher paces back and forth while Domitian completes his devotions, finally chiming back in once he is finished, "If haste is required, let us then depart!"

She'll pick up a potion of Touch of the Sea (just in case) and a morningstar in the intervening time.

Scarab Sages

N ifrit Gunslinger 1/Investigator 4 (Sheet) | HP: 30/30 | AC: 21 (14 T, 17 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 4, R: 11, W: 6 | Init: 16 | Perc: 13 (15 to find traps) | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Grit/Luck 4/4 | Inspiration 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

Rami didn't have any devotions to pray. He just made sure his pistols were loaded and his powder was dry.

Load a regular bullet in the pistol. Load pellets in the dragon pistol. Put 2 of my 3 powder horns in waterproof bags.


When you are ready, you can activate the feather token to transform it into a swan boat and depart from the Grinning Pixie. Venture-Captain Benarry’s knowledge of the currents around the Eye of Abendego leads the PCs to the correct spot. The wreck has caught on the highest point of a coral reef and is large enough to be visible from at least 200 feet away. The combination of rough currents in the deeper water and the threat of circling sharks mean you can’t approach the wreck directly, and there is only one spot on the reef where it looks like you can safely land the boat. From there, crossing the coral on foot is the most direct way to reach the wreck.

The skeletal network of pink and red coral (see map) outlining a series of tidal pools, presents only a single accessible break large enough for a small boat. The air is brackish here, with the scent of salt and dead fish hanging heavily. The coral tapers to razor-edged, ridge-like points at varying heights, while the tidal pools are slick with algae. In the shallows, wooden planks and flotsam from many shipwrecks are visible in various stages of warp and decay. A decaying ship lists along the outer edge of the reef, with a large hole torn through its hull like a menacing open maw. The painted name Pride of Aspenthar is just barely visible in flaking remnants of ornate gold script on the ship’s prow.

The lighter green-blue areas on the map represent areas of water that are only 1 to 2 feet deep; these are difficult terrain. The darker areas are deep water, riddled with outgrowths of razor-sharp coral and subject to dangerous tidal currents. Those, you would need to swim through. The walls of coral look like they might be passable, but they are also razor-sharp.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Silver Tongue 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

So I am assuming we get out here and walk/swim from here?


Yes. No other options.


You start to move.

Many of the shallow tidal pools contain tiny fish and other aquatic creatures that hide within the algae fronds, waiting for the tide to come back in. Shark fins occasionally slice through the deeper water that surrounds the reef, as the hunters scout for easy prey.

A trio of 2 1/2-foot wide crabs scuttles in your direction, likely drawn by your splashing through the shallow water. They wave their oversized claws in the air.

Sense Motive DC 12:

The crabs are more curious than aggressive. They're unlikely to bother creatures your size unless attacked.

Knowledge (nature) DC 12:

The crabs are giant coconut crabs. They scavenge decaying flesh and flotsom, likely from the many shipwrecks that have happened in the area.

Perception DC 12:

You see a mound of detritus gathered on the edge of the pool to your north. It looks like there are a few solid objects in it.

Sovereign Court

Small Female N Vine Leshy Vigilante 2.0 | HP 19/19 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | F +3, R +6, W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +5 SM +0 | Speed 15' (Climb 10') | Active Conditions: None | Constant:

A rather frivolous looking woman comes rushing up, wearing a massive hoop skirt and brushing long strands of leaves out of her eyes. "I'm soooo sorry to be late, dearies, but wouldn't you know that the beauty parlor was just packed and then I only just made it to lunch in the nick of time and then of course our table wasn't ready and well really it was too dreadful to even discuss but then there I go again just talking up a storm and I haven't even introduced myself. I'm Skarlit Begonia and my doctor told me that I should really try for a bit of a change of scenery and so wouldn't you know it, I just up and signed up for this here Pathfindering, which does sound like the most exciting sort of scavenger hunt one could imagine, don't you think? though it's true that the other ladies at the club were besides themselves when I told them, but then you know, that's just me, always up to one sort of a thing or another and anyway, as I told them, what could possibly go wrong?!?" She pauses to catch her breath and spritz herself with a spray bottle of water with many small bubbles in it. She smiles as the droplets of water moisturize her green skin, and she cranes her neck joyfully towards the sun before asking, "So, where are we going?"

My apologies for being so slow to get leveled up - hope I haven't delayed anything.

Scarab Sages

N ifrit Gunslinger 1/Investigator 4 (Sheet) | HP: 30/30 | AC: 21 (14 T, 17 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 4, R: 11, W: 6 | Init: 16 | Perc: 13 (15 to find traps) | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Grit/Luck 4/4 | Inspiration 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"I don't think they are going to bother us. We should just check out that pool to the north. I think there is something in that pile."

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Silver Tongue 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Domitian lifts his robe up to knee height showing spindly ankles and bony calves. He secures the robes new temporary hem height making sure his hands are free then swings a leg over the side of the boat and splashes down into the water. Sloshing through the shallows he grumbles under his breath.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (2) | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft| Spells: 1st =3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Bluff -2, Climb +6, Diplomacy -2, Handle Animal +3(+7), Heal (+6), Intimidate -2, Know(nature) +7, Know(Geo) +5, Perception +7, Sense Motive +2, Stealth -1, Survival +9, Swim +6

Paemil motions to Lumi, with a flash of hand signals, and the cat immediately goes from playful and loose into a hunters stance. He watches her step off the ship and into the shallow water before stepping off behind her.

Know Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"Crabs scavenge. Not hunt. No die, no have problem with crab"

Even still, he rattles his scimitar in an effort to scare off the creatures, before moving forward.

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


| HP 16/16 | AC 20 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 17 (21 v trip) | F: +4, R: +8, W: +2| Init: +5, Perc: +5(+13), SM: +1 | Speed 50ft | Scent | Active conditions: None ,
Skills:
Acrobatics +9 (+17 jump), Climb +1, Escape Artist +1, Intimidate +0, Perception +5 (+13 scent), Sense Motive +1, Stealth +13 (+17 underbrush/snow), Survival +1

Hate wet. Wet everywhere

The leopard's tail waves back and forth while she stays pressed up against Paemil's leg. She playfully paws at his feet, eventually laying down to chew on toe of his boot. As the boat glides to a stop, she feels the waves take over and her fur stands on end.

A few moments pass, and then she catches the flicker of signs from Paemils hands.
Is time to hunt.

Her hair stands on her back, though it is firmly held down by her barding, and her eyes go focused. She pads off the plank and into the chest deep water, which this time she is able to ignore.

Alert

She takes a deep breath in through her nose, and glances around the atoll.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 +8 scent

Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / #9-22 - Grotto of the Deluged God All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post