DM Blayde MacRonan's Of Aeons and Giants: The Continuing Adventures of Team Ruby (Private Campaign, Closed Recruitment)

Game Master Blayde MacRonan

The orcs attacking Trunau have been defeated, but the danger remains - the hill giant chieftain Grenseldek still wants the treasures of the tomb beneath Trunau. In order to protect their chosen community, the members of Team Ruby must leave it and travel to deal with this most imminent threat. Yet even putting down Grenseldek and her squabbling monstrous minions may not be enough to save Trunau. For there are stranger forces at play, and a storm is brewing on the horizon...

Initiative:

Aiko: [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Aodhàn: [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Kyt: [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Liesel-Marie: [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Nyym: [dice]1d20+7[/dice]
Rocnork: [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Tsadok: [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Antagonist: [dice]1d20+[/dice]

Perception:

Aiko: [dice]1d20+18[/dice]
Aodhàn: [dice]1d20+11[/dice]
Kyt: [dice]1d20+15[/dice]
Liesel-Marie: [dice]1d20+10[/dice]
Nyym: [dice]1d20+13[/dice]
Rocnork: [dice]1d20+13[/dice]
Tsadok: [dice]1d20+16[/dice]


2,101 to 2,150 of 2,180 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45
Liesel-Marie Frostvale wrote:
I am finding conflicting information regarding my bonus while in a bloodrage. It might be +11, but I don't think so. That said, let's see how I roll...

<Breaks out kaiju-sized typeset calculating device and takes a seat wearing a bookie's visor while chomping on a cigar>

Let's see... as a bloodrager, her base Will save bonus is +3. A Wisdom of 16 ups that to +6, and automatic bonus progression gives an additional +3 resistance bonus. Which means that Liesel-Marie's Will save before bloodrage is actually +9. When she enters bloodrage, a +2 untyped bonus is added as the cherry on top, giving her a pretty awesome Will save of +11.

So, with regard to the d20 roll against Varmirheil's SLA, Liesel-Marie should succeed on a 4 or better.

Liesel-Marie Frostvale wrote:
Bloodrage Will save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

And it looks like she did... with a roll of 15, making her actual total 26.

Using unholy blight, Varmirheil inflicts 25 points of damage on Liesel-Marie. However, due to her successful Will save, the Erutaki sustains 12 points damage that are subtracted from her temporary hit points. This leaves Liesel-Marie Healthy with 85 hit points and 6 temporary remaining. In addition, she does not suffer from the sickened condition.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dhampir U. Monk (Temp) 9 {HP:71/71 G:53 W:36 C:18 D:-1} {AC:30 T:26 F:25} {F:+13 R:+15 W: +10} Init:+5 Per:+17

Will Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 Forgot the -3, score = 16

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 Forgot the -3, score = 21

Tsadok takes on the Riven Hourglass stance as he begins to focus his thoughts on his Ki to heal his body.

Wholeness of Body 8 Ki pts: 4d8 + 36 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 5) + 36 = 53

Tsadok feels the fire within race thru his blood as the wounds flare red as does his eyes. His strength is returning his breathing is returning to a calm and focused. He grasps the hilt of Sable Moon and brings it forth in front of his chest.

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45

Varmirheil: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Tsadok: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17; Riven Hourglass: +4 dodge and Init
Lurp and Sister Slobber: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Liesel-Marie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Colt: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14; +2 due to urban terrain
Meir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Rau: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Rocnork: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Nyym: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Kyt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Oloch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Aiko: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Charlotte: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 = 4
Pappy Gorb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Redlake Fort - Ground Battlemap
Battle Theme: REDWEST - FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE (Metal Cover)

I'm going to roll for Colt to keep things moving.

Colt Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Using unholy blight, Varmirheil inflicts 25 points of damage on Colt. However, due to his successful Will save, the Alkenstarian sustains 12 points damage. This leaves the shieldmarshal Healthy with 53 hit points remaining. In addition, he does not suffer from the sickened condition.

Tsadok

Tsadok Whisperfall wrote:
Will Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 Forgot the -3, score = 16

Using unholy blight, Varmirheil inflicts 12 points of damage on Tsadok. However, due to his successful Will save, the dhampir sustains 6 points damage. This leaves the warrior-monk Critical with 0 hit points remaining. He takes a –3 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level. Because he is at exactly 0 hit points, Tsadok is staggered (may take a single move action or standard action each round [but not both, nor can he take full-round actions]. A staggered creature can still take free, swift, and immediate actions.).

Tsadok Whisperfall wrote:

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 Forgot the -1, score = 23

Tsadok takes on the Riven Hourglass stance as he begins to focus his thoughts on his Ki to heal his body.

Wholeness of Body 8 Ki pts: 4d8 + 36 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 5) + 36 = 53

This part will require a bit of adjudication on my end. Based on what rolls have been made, I'm going to assume that Tsadok is attempting to move past an ogress to someplace safe. That would be a move action. However, due to being staggered, if he did this first then Tsadok would take 1 point of damage and put himself at -1 hit points. He would still be disabled, but any other strenuous action after that will cause him to take another hit point of damage and become unconscious.

He also used wholeness of body to restore some hit points. That would be a standard action. Wholeness of body is also a supernatural ability, meaning it doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity when used.

So taking all of that into account....

Tsadok feels the fire within race through his blood as the wounds on his body flare red, as do his eyes. With his strength returning, the dhampir's breathing slows to a calm and focused rhythm once again.

Using wholeness of body, Tsadok receives 53 points of healing. This leaves the warrior-monk Grazed and no longer staggered. He takes a –1 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

The light from his eyes trail as he looks about to find a better spot to do battle against the enemy. After locating such an area, Tsadok moves backwards in a long somersault going from feet to hands to feet again past the ogress Lurp until just before arriving he launches himself into the air, rotating twice vertically and twice horizontally before landing. With a grim smile, he grasps the hilt of Sable Moon and brings it forth in front of his chest.

Next up...

Lurp and Sister Slobber
Though annoyed by the nimble quick-moving dhampir, Lurp's attention remains focused on the one that dealt her such a grievous injury before. After a quick glance to Sister Slobber (who acknowledges the look with a grin), the pair of ogress' begin their assault on Liesel-Marie.

Lurp greatclub attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30; +4 due to flank and Night Stalker feat, -2 due to Wounded threshold
greatclub damage: 2d8 + 17 ⇒ (4, 5) + 17 = 26
sneak attack damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Sister Slobber greatclub attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32; +4 due to flank and Night Stalker feat
greatclub damage: 2d8 + 17 ⇒ (4, 4) + 17 = 25
sneak attack damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

The cunning sister-wives take advantage of the dim-lighting of the armory's candle-lit environment to coordinate their attacks. Despite the Erutaki's quick reflexes, the ogress' speed belies their bulk as first one, then the other, slam Liesel-Marie with their clubs.

Using their greatclubs, the sister-wives tag-team assault inflicts 58 points of damage on Liesel-Marie. However, due to damage reduction and her remaining temporary hit points, Liesel-Marie sustains 50 (with 35 hit points remaining). This puts the Erutaki at the Wounded threshold. She takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Next up is Liesel-Marie...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Awakened Bloodrager (Fire) 9; AC 23/14/21; 80/85 hp; F12 R8 W9; Health: Healthy (0); Rage left: 38-4+1/38; Spells left: 3/3, 1/1; Effects: Endure Elements (heat only), Wyrmsbreath 0 pts, Remaining healing: 20, 19, 12

Checking my math - Lurp did 32 points of damage, reduced to 31. Sister Slobber did 26, reduced 25. Reducing 56 by 15 due to temporary hit points, Liesel-Marie takes 41 actual points of damage and leaves her at 44 hit points and Grazed, which has no penalty for her due to her Endurance feat.

Do the sisters take fire damage from attacking Liesel-Marie in melee? Or does their reach save them that damage?

Liesel-Marie roars in her anger. She steps out of the flank (one square down, please) and focuses her attacks on the ogress she just struck

Primary attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Slashing Damage: 1d12 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25 plus Fire Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4) = 10 (bloodrage, power attack, searing flesh)

Iterative attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Slashing Damage: 1d12 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22 plus Fire Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3) = 10 (bloodrage, power attack, searing flesh)

AC 23 - 2 (bloodrage)

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45

Varmirheil: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Tsadok: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17; Riven Hourglass: +4 dodge and Init
Lurp and Sister Slobber: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Liesel-Marie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Colt: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14; +2 due to urban terrain
Meir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Rau: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Rocnork: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Nyym: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Kyt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Oloch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Aiko: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Charlotte: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 = 4
Pappy Gorb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Redlake Fort - Ground Battlemap
Battle Theme: REDWEST - FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE (Metal Cover)

Liesel-Marie Frostvale wrote:
Checking my math - Lurp did 32 points of damage, reduced to 31. Sister Slobber did 26, reduced 25. Reducing 56 by 15 due to temporary hit points, Liesel-Marie takes 41 actual points of damage and leaves her at 44 hit points and Grazed, which has no penalty for her due to her Endurance feat.

Except you're forgetting to account for one other thing that happened... Varmirheil's unholy blight...

DM Blayde MacRonan wrote:
Using unholy blight, Varmirheil inflicts 25 points of damage on Liesel-Marie. However, due to her successful Will save, the Erutaki sustains 12 points damage that are subtracted from her temporary hit points. This leaves Liesel-Marie Healthy with 85 hit points and 6 temporary remaining. In addition, she does not suffer from the sickened condition.

Remember, any damage taken by the character is subtracted from the temporary hit points first. And since spells, spell-like abilities, and energy attacks (even non-magical fire) ignore damage reduction, the 12 points of damage from Varmirheil's unholy blight spell-like ability was taken from Liesel-Marie's temporary hit point pool, leaving her with 6 remaining before being attacked by the sister-wives. That said, I did forget about her having the Endurance feat, so Liesel-Marie would only suffer a -1 penalty on her attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Liesel-Marie Frostvale wrote:
Do the sisters take fire damage from attacking Liesel-Marie in melee? Or does their reach save them that damage?

Searing flesh makes it pretty clear that the elemental defense comes into play only when the character is 'struck with a natural attack or an unarmed strike.' As the sister-wives are using greatclubs to make their melee attacks, they wouldn't be affected. That said, I could see a case being made for mainly metal weapons... but it would probably be on a case by case basis.

Liesel-Marie
Roaring in her anger, the Erutaki slips out of the flanking maneuver of her foes and focuses her attacks with IcingFlame on the ogress she just struck previously.

Liesel-Marie Frostvale wrote:

Primary attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Slashing Damage: 1d12 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25 plus Fire Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4) = 10 (bloodrage, power attack, searing flesh)

Iterative attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Slashing Damage: 1d12 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22 plus Fire Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3) = 10 (bloodrage, power attack, searing flesh)

AC 23 - 3 (-2 from bloodrage, -1 from Wounded)

Using her greataxe, Liesel-Marie inflicts 47 slashing damage and 20 fire damage on Lurp...

Sister Slobber looks on in abject horror as the ildkrigga, or fire warrior, uses its weapon to incinerate her fellow sister-wife, leaving gruesome charred wounds on Lurp's fallen corpse.

Her first instinct is to run, as she does not wish to meet the same fate as well. Especially given her delicate condition.

However, this strange human did not come alone, as she looks to brother-husband Gutterunch, who is fighting against a strange looking alv, or elf, similiar to but not quite like the other who helped her Pappy. How many more await to bring her down? So fleeing is not an option she can take. And given the brutality she has witnessed so far, Sister Slobber expects no mercy to be given even if she were to surrender for the sake of her unborn child.

No, only one option remains to her: to fight. Not just for her own well-being, but for that of the little one she carries within her.

Next up is Colt...

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45

Per the chat in the discussion thread, Liesel-Marie is currently at the Grazed threshold. She takes no penalty on her attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level. Her AC is currently 21 (23 - 2 from bloodrage).

Varmirheil: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Tsadok: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17; Riven Hourglass: +4 dodge and Init
Lurp and Sister Slobber: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Liesel-Marie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Colt: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14; +2 due to urban terrain
Meir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Rau: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Rocnork: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Nyym: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Kyt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Oloch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Aiko: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Charlotte: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 = 4
Pappy Gorb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Redlake Fort - Ground Battlemap
Battle Theme: REDWEST - FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE (Metal Cover)

Colt
Not wanting to take a chance of having to potentially shoot through Meir's critter (who seems mad as a hornet) when it gets back to its feet, the gunmarshal sidles toward the peculiar young man, all while maintaining his aim on the snake-woman. Once he's near Meir, Colt decides to deadshot Varnirheil again.

No Action: 5-foot step backwards
Standard Action: rifle shot with Deadly Aim and Destruction Legal Judgment

Colt rifle shot: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
rifle damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Xsa'ol! Varmirheil calls out in annoyance from the impact as she is hit in her left shoulder by Executioner's bullet. Translation from Undercommon: Damnit!

Definitely a tough shell to crack, says Colt as he expertly reloads the Highwall in preparation for his next shot.

Using Executioner, Colt inflicts 19 points of damage on Varmirheil. However, due to her damage reduction, she only sustains 12 damage for a total of 44.

Next up is...

Meir
The wild-maned Ustalav grimaces at the sight of Groveck down before the enemy. Are you trying to embarass me in front of everyone? Get up and redeem our honor!

The phantom, still face-first on the floor after having been knocked down by Oloch's wave form transformation, dissolves from view, seeping into the stone. All that is left is a thin silvery mucus where it had been.

A short time later, Groveck rises up where the gunmarshal had once been, back on its feet and ready to do battle.

No Action: phase lurch to pass through floor
No Action: 5-foot step backwards
No Action: phase lurch to pass through floor
Move Action: stand up from prone

Next up is...

Rau

DM's Eyes Only:

Rau's Stealth check: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (16) + 26 = 42

Back in the armory, Rau maintains his position, attention still focused on Liesel-Marie, and still hoping to find a chink in the fiery Erutaki's defenses that he can exploit.

She's got good instincts. Guards herself pretty well with all that heat and flame her body puts out. Might be a problem iffin' I were to get too close. Lucky for me, I don't intend to.

No Action: maintaining Stealth
Standard Action: observing his opponent

Next up is...

Rocnork
His path cleared of allies, the wyvaran once again gestures dramatically toward Varmirheil with an open hand, from which tendrils of sand flow out in another attempt to attach themselves to her.

Standard Action: sand kinetic blast with entangling infusion

Rocnork sand blast attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14; +3 boost included
sand blast damage: 5d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 6, 3, 6, 2) + 12 = 31

Varmirheil brings all four arms up defensively in front of her. When she feels the sand make contact with her skin, the drow snake-woman flexes her muscles while bringing those limbs outward from her body, scattering the particles before they have a chance to settle in place.

Rocnork accepts 2 points of burn, which are mitigated by infusion specialization. The wyvaran remains at 18 points of nonlethal damage.

Next up is Nyym...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half Drow init +6/ hp 35 [35]/ ac 18/ t 14/ ff 13/ fort +4/ ref +9/ wil +6/ perc +6/ stealth +11/ athletics 0/ b2h +3/ lore engineering +2/ finesse +11/ ki pool 7 kinetic shinobi (fading shadow) /4

Nyym does a quick glance around as he realized someone was missing..

perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

But quickly back to the task at hand. Nyym bea blur of movement and bright flashes as he puts his lightning blades to work on Pappy once more..

twin blade fury, dual jutsu, thunder infusion, titan grip, kinetic katana.. AC currently 28

kinetic katana 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) = 10

kinetic katana 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

critical confirmation: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

damage: 3d8 + 12 ⇒ (8, 5, 6) + 12 = 31

kinetic katana 3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (2, 6, 2) = 10

kinetic katana 4: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (1, 8, 1) = 10

Nyyms face was a mask of determination and focus. His eyes narrowed with a glint of malice as just past Pappy, Liesel-Marie puts down one of the sister-wives.

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45

The total damage sustained by Varmirheil should be 56. This puts her at the Wounded threshold. She takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Varmirheil: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Tsadok: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17; Riven Hourglass: +4 dodge and Init
Lurp and Sister Slobber: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Liesel-Marie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Colt: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14; +2 due to urban terrain
Meir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Rau: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Rocnork: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Nyym: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Kyt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Oloch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Aiko: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Charlotte: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 = 4
Pappy Gorb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Redlake Fort - Ground Battlemap
Battle Theme: REDWEST - FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE (Metal Cover)

Nyym
Nyym does a quick glance around as he realized someone was missing..

Nyym wrote:
perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

But quickly back to the task at hand. Nyym became a blur of movement and bright flashes as he put his lightning blades to work on Pappy once more..

twin blade fury, dual jutsu, thunder infusion, titan grip, kinetic katana.. AC currently 28

Nyym wrote:

kinetic katana 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) = 10

kinetic katana 2 (Two-Weapon Fighting): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

critical confirmation: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (8, 5, 6) = 19; +12 due to critical

kinetic katana 3 (haste): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (2, 6, 2) = 10

kinetic katana 4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (1, 8, 1) = 10

Nyym's face was a mask of determination and focus. His eyes narrowed with a glint of malice as just behind him, Liesel-Marie puts down one of the sister-wives.

Pappy Gorb Fortitude check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19; DC 15 or better to resist thunder infusion, -2 due to Wounded threshold

Using his electrokinetic blades, Nyym inflicts 61 points of electrical damage on Pappy Gorb, for a total of 117. This puts him at the Wounded threshold. He takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Next up is...

Kyt
The elf warrior-monk, seeing her allies struggle against Varmirheil, dips into her vast reserves of spiritual energy and steps into the fray. As she engages the drow demon-spawn, Kyt's muscle tone becomes more defined as her body is limned with a brilliant icy-blue aura.

Move Action: spend 2 points of ki to activate surge
No Action: 5-foot step towards Varmirheil
Full-Round Action: flurry of blows with unarmed strike
Swift Action: spend 1 ki to gain extra attack with flurry

unarmed strike flurry attack 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
unarmed strike damage (nonlethal): 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 3) + 5 = 14
unarmed strike flurry attack 2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
unarmed strike damage (nonlethal): 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10
unarmed strike flurry attack 3: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
unarmed strike damage (nonlethal): 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10
unarmed strike flurry attack 4: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
unarmed strike damage (nonlethal): 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10

Upon seeing her newest opponent move to face her, Varmirheil admires the elf's bravery while simultaneously pitying her as well. And to do so with no other weapons aside from her bare hands? The elf is either a fool or completely sure of herself in this situation.

Regardless, Varmirheil resolves to make her death a quick one.

However, once Kyt launches the first of her volley of quick punches as part of the intial exchange, the drow understands exactly what she is dealing with. The elf is malarin minasien, or fighting mystic. Highly trained in fighting unarmed, their attacks may be with either fist interchangeably or even from elbows, knees, and feet. Those with the discipline to endure such training were few and far between amongst her own people.

Varmirheil included.

But her preference for close-range fighting stemmed more from her own physical nature than any training she received. Due mostly to her heritage, Varmirheil just didn't get hurt as easily as other drow.

The drow snake-woman meets Kyt's rapid-fire punches with her own, the fists of the two combatants knocking each time. In the end, one of the warrior-monk's punches manages to slip through Varmirheil's guard and score a hit to her abdomen.

Using unarmed strikes, Kyt inflicts 14 damage on Varmirheil. However, due to her damage reduction, she only sustains 7 damage for a total of 63. This puts her at the Wounded threshold. She takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Next up is...

Oloch
The battle-priest's eyes dart about as he looks about the armory for Rohan.

No Action: look for Rohan

Oloch Perception to search: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19; DC 17 or better to succeed

Even with all of the fighting taking place in the chamber, it doesn't take long for the orc to spot the unconcious form of the grey-skinned, long-limbed Rohan.

Oloch smiles, as the object of his search is outside the fighting circle where Gutterunch and Nyym are engaged in battle. It also meant that he would need to get past the remaining sister-wife of the demented ogre.

He's by the fighting ring. You and the wolf-girl can get him while I deal with this gubuk!

He eagerly draws his monstrous blade and turns his attention to clearing a path for Aiko.

Move Action: draw greatsword
Full-Round Action: use Dazzling Display to demoralize Sister Slobber

Influence check to demoralize: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21; DC 19 or better to succeed

Oloch swings his blade, but not to attack. Instead, the battle-priest performs a bewildering display of weapon control, putting the sword through a series of spins and twirls that ultimately end with the tip of the blade aimed at the ogress' swollen belly.

Next up is...

Aiko
Not wasting any time, the samurai rushes across the room, hopping over the corpse of Lurp, then changing direction to dash past Tsadok and head towards Gutterunch Gorb himself.

Without the slightest bit of hesitation, Aiko throws herself forward...

Acrobatics check to tumble: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21; DC 29 or better to succeed

Catching sight of the samurai out of the corner of his eye, Pappy Gorb shoves his sword at her...

Pappy Gorb rapier attack 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21; -2 due to Wounded threshold
rapier damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

But thanks to a sudden spasm from the ogre that throws off his aim, Aiko manages to narrowly avoid being impaled by the tip of Pappy Gorb's rapier. She skids to halt next to the prone form of Rohan.

Next up is...

Charlotte
The wolf-girl doesn't follow after Aiko, instead opting to take on the ogress.

Charlotte snarls, flexing her claws as she moves toward Sister Slobber.

Charlotte claw attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
claw damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Charlotte claw attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
claw damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Sister Slobber cries out in pain as Charlotte's claws tear at the flesh on her forearms, leaving deep furrows in their wake.

Using her shifter claws, Charlotte inflicts 14 points of damage on Sister Slobber.

Next up is...

Pappy Gorb
Gutterunch's eyes take on a blood-red hue as the power of his patron, the Vampire Queen Zura, flows through the ogre. Wasting no time, the ogre takes the offense to the half-drow.

Swift Action: fury of the Abyss (does not provoke AoO)
Full-Round Action: attack Nyym with rapier

Pappy Gorb rapier attack 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30; +3 from fury of the Abyss; -2 due to Wounded threshold
rapier damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10; +3 from fury of the Abyss
displacement %: 1d100 ⇒ 25; 51 or better to successfully hit Nyym
Pappy Gorb rapier attack 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11; +3 from fury of the Abyss; -2 due to Wounded threshold
rapier damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12; +3 from fury of the Abyss

Gutterunch grins sadistically as he sees his rapier plunge into the body of the half-drow. However, that vanishes when what he thought he saw dissolves away, revealing it to have been an afterimage created by Nyym's movement.

And, that brings an end to Round 2. Round 3 begins now...

Next up is...

Varmirheil
Xal dos wo naut lassrinn ji pi'rescho! There's an undertone of excitement to the drow's words as she cracks her knuckles. Translation from Undercommon: May you not break so easily!

Full Round Action: full attack with kinetic fist infused unarmed strike

Varmirheil unarmed strike 1: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32; -2 due to Wounded threshold
infused unarmed strike damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11; +6 due to Power Attack
kinetic fist damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Varmirheil unarmed strike 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27; -4 due to Power Attack and Wounded threshold
infused unarmed strike damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10; +6 due to Power Attack
kinetic fist damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The speed of Varmirheil's first strike catches Kyt off-guard, the blow hitting the elf in the face. It feels as though she had been struck by a fist of solid metal.

But it is the only one of the drow's attacks that land as the warrior-elf slaps aside the next strike with the palm of her right hand.

Varmirheil nods her approval, relishing the opportunity to go all out against a sturdy foe.

Using her metal infused unarmed strike, Varmirheil inflicts 24 points of damage on Kyt. This puts her at the Grazed threshold. She takes a –1 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Next up is Tsadok...

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45

I'm going to bot Tsadok to prevent further momentum stall in the game...

Varmirheil: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Tsadok: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17; Riven Hourglass: +4 dodge and Init
Lurp and Sister Slobber: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Liesel-Marie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Colt: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14; +2 due to urban terrain
Meir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Rau: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Rocnork: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Nyym: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Kyt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Oloch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Aiko: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Charlotte: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 = 4
Pappy Gorb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Redlake Fort - Ground Battlemap
Battle Theme: REDWEST - FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE (Metal Cover)

Tsadok

No Action: 5-foot step south
Full-Round Action: Attack Pappy Gorb using Sable Moon

Sable Moon attack 1: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (8) + 24 = 32; -1 due to Grazed threshold
Sable Moon damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Sable Moon attack 2: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39; -1 due to Grazed threshold
Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36; -1 due to Grazed threshold
Sable Moon damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11; +8 due to critical

The dhampir steps toward Gutterunch, who attempts a strong thrust with its blade. However, Tsadok, with uncanny deftness, uses the guard of Sable Moon to strike Pappy's rapier near the tip to deflect the weapon away from him before following up with a full circular motion that brought the tip of the broadsword back in line with the ogre's throat.

However, Pappy Gorb sinks to his knees wailing in anguish as he raises his arms before him to reveal that Sable Moon's sharp edge has relieved the ogre of both its hands.

Still keeping his blade aimed at Pappy Gorb's neck, the dhampir's mouth forms a sinister smirk as his next act silences the ogre by taking its head from its shoulders.

Using Sable Moon, Tsadok inflicts 26 points of damage to Pappy Gorb. This reduces the ogre to -19 hit points. "Pappy" Gutterunch Gorb is dead.

Next up is...

Sister Slobber

No Action: 5-foot step south
Full-Round Action: Attack Aiko using greatclub

Sister Slobber greatclub attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26; -2 penalty due to shaken condition
greatclub damage: 2d8 + 17 ⇒ (8, 2) + 17 = 27

Watching the headless and handless body of her brother-husband collapse heavily to floor, Sister Slobber's features twist to become a mask of fury.

She moves to attack the steinjotun runt with her massive club.

Aiko sees the incoming weapon and drops down, placing herself above the prone body of Rohan and taking the hit to her back.

Using her greatclub, Sister Slobber inflicts 27 points of damage to Aiko, for a total of 39. She is Grazed, taking a –1 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Next up is Liesel-Marie...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Awakened Bloodrager (Fire) 9; AC 23/14/21; 80/85 hp; F12 R8 W9; Health: Healthy (0); Rage left: 38-4+1/38; Spells left: 3/3, 1/1; Effects: Endure Elements (heat only), Wyrmsbreath 0 pts, Remaining healing: 20, 19, 12

Liesel-Marie roars in her own fury, stepping between the remaining ogre sister-wife and the prone Aiko. She strikes twice at the ogress, trying to bring her down swiftly, flames trailing the bearded axe [1]Icingflame[/i] as it makes great arcs around its wielder.

Primary attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Slashing Damage: 1d12 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26 plus Fire Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 6) = 13 (bloodrage, power attack, searing flesh)

Iterative attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Slashing Damage: 1d12 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26 plus Fire Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 3) = 12 (bloodrage, power attack, searing flesh)

AC 23 - 2 (bloodrage), wyrmsbreath 2 pts

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45

So much to take into account... sorry, for the delay. On with the show!

Varmirheil: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Tsadok: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17; Riven Hourglass: +4 dodge and Init
Sister Slobber: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Liesel-Marie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Colt: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14; +2 due to urban terrain
Meir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Rau: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Rocnork: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Nyym: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Kyt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Oloch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Aiko: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Charlotte: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 = 4
Pappy Gorb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Redlake Fort - Ground Battlemap
Battle Theme: REDWEST - FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE (Metal Cover)

Liesel-Marie

Liesel-Marie Frostvale wrote:

Liesel-Marie roars in her own fury, stepping between the remaining ogre sister-wife and the prone Aiko. She strikes twice at the ogress, trying to bring her down swiftly, flames trailing the bearded axe Icingflame as it makes great arcs around its wielder.

Primary attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Slashing Damage: 1d12 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26 plus Fire Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 6) = 13 (bloodrage, power attack, searing flesh)

Iterative attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Slashing Damage: 1d12 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26 plus Fire Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 3) = 12(bloodrage, power attack, searing flesh)

AC 23 - 2 (bloodrage), wyrmsbreath 2 pts

The ogress howls in agony each time she is struck by IcingFlame. But the pain she feels disappears each time, such is the heat emanating from the fearsome weapon that her feeble brain and body can begin to comprehend the damage done.

Yet despite looking worse than her sister-wife Lurp, somehow Sister Slobber defies even her own expectations to remain both alive and upright.

But such defiance doesn't come without its own costs. She can still move, but barely. And yet to Sister Slobber, that is the only thing that matters.

Because it means that she can still fight.

Using IcingFlame, Liesel-Marie inflicts 52 points of slashing damage and 25 points of fire damage to Sister Slobber. This reduces the ogress to -17 hit points. She is Wounded, taking a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level. In addition, Sister Slobber is also disabled. She may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can she take full-round actions, but can still take swift, immediate, and free actions). She moves at half speed. Taking move actions doesn’t risk further injury, but performing any standard action (or any other action the DM deems strenuous, including some free actions such as casting a Quicken Spell spell) deals 1 point of damage after the completion of the act.

Next up is...

Colt

Swift Action: switches legal judgment from destruction to quick recovery
Standard Action: rifle shot with Deadly Aim at Varmirheil

Colt rifle shot: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18; touch AC targeted
rifle damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

The gunmarshal does a hat tip toward the peculiar young man. Now that's somethin' you don't see every day. Even out in the Wastes.

He turns his sights back on the snake-woman and deadshots Varnirheil again.

Colt chuckles to himself as he expertly reloads the Highwall in preparation for his next shot, wondering what other strangeness he might see while riding with this crew.

Using Executioner, Colt inflicts 14 points of damage on Varmirheil. However, due to her damage reduction, she only sustains 7 damage for a total of 70. This puts her at the Wounded threshold. She takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Next up is...

Meir

No Action: 5-foot step west
Full-Round Action: two slam attacks on Varmirheil

Groveck slam attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
slam damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7
Groveck slam attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
slam damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11

The angry phantom roars as it rushes back into the fray, swinging its powerful fists at Varmirheil with all of its strength. But, in spite of its best efforts, the otherworldly being is unable to land a single blow on the evasive drow snake woman.

Next up is...

Rau
Move Action: descend from ceiling using levitate
Swift Action: retrieve derringer from spring loaded wrist sheath
Standard Action: death attack (paralysis) using bewildered debilitating injury ability and Murderous Sniper feat

Rau Murderous Sniper death attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29; touch AC targeted; paralysis effect and bewildered debilitating injury
derringer damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
human bane damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9
sneak attack damage: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 5, 3) = 16
rounds paralyzed: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Thanks to the spell cast upon him by Varmy before she engaged the trespassers, Rau descends slowly and silently from his perch on the ceiling. As he does so, the masked fugitive bends his wrist, causing the tiny gears in his wrist sheath to turn, which places a four barreled single action pocket pistol in his awaiting hand.

By the time his feet make contact with the floor, Rau already has the unsuspecting Liesel-Marie lined up in his sights. His goal isn't to kill the fiery woman, however. Rather, his intention is to incapacitate the threat she represents long enough to be able to provide assitance to his Varmy so that the two can high tail it.

♪♫ Ding, dong! ♪♫

His strange sing-song greeting is the only warning Rau gives moments before squeezing the trigger of his CS Derringer. The small caliber round hits the Erutaki squarely in the back of her knee, startling her.

Using his derringer, Rau inflicts 31 points of damage on Liesel-Marie. However, due to her damage reduction, the Erutaki sustains 30 points of damage. This leaves Liesel-Marie Critical with 14 hit points remaining. She takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

In addition, Liesel-Marie is bewildered, which imposes another -2 penalty to her AC (-4 if Rau decides to attack her again) for 1 round. Finally, I need a DC 18 Fortitude check from her as well. If she fails, then Liesel-Marie will be paralyzed (frozen in place and unable to move or act; effective Dexterity and Strength scores of 0 and is helpless, but can take purely mental actions) for 6 rounds.

Next up is...

Rocnork
Standard Action: sand kinetic blast with entangling infusion

Rocnork sand blast attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25; +3 boost included
sand blast damage: 5d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 5, 3) + 12 = 29

Varmirheil Reflex check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24; DC 18 or better to succeed, -3 due to Critical threshold

Taking full advantage of the opening created by Groveck, the wyvaran once more gestures dramatically toward Varmirheil with an open hand, creating more tendrils of sand that flow out in another attempt to attach themselves to her.

Unable to react quickly enough, the drow snake woman finds herself caught within the tightening grasp of Rocnork's sand. However, before the particles can fully encapsulate her, Varmirheil leverages the limber and flexible nature of her lower body to slip out of the rough prison.

Using his entangling sand blast, Rocnork inflicts 28 points of damage on Varmirheil. However, due to her damage reduction, she only sustains 21 damage for a total of 91. This puts her at the Critical threshold. She takes a –3 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Rocnork accepts 2 points of burn, which are mitigated by his infusion specialization. The wyvaran remains at 18 points of nonlethal damage.

Next up is Nyym...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Awakened Bloodrager (Fire) 9; AC 23/14/21; 80/85 hp; F12 R8 W9; Health: Healthy (0); Rage left: 38-4+1/38; Spells left: 3/3, 1/1; Effects: Endure Elements (heat only), Wyrmsbreath 0 pts, Remaining healing: 20, 19, 12

Fortitude DC 18: 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 3 = 19

Woof!

AC 23 -2 (bloodrage) -2 (bewildered), wyrmsbreath 2 pts


M Half Drow init +6/ hp 35 [35]/ ac 18/ t 14/ ff 13/ fort +4/ ref +9/ wil +6/ perc +6/ stealth +11/ athletics 0/ b2h +3/ lore engineering +2/ finesse +11/ ki pool 7 kinetic shinobi (fading shadow) /4

Nyym watched as Tsodoc took Pappy's head and was about to comment on Tsodoc stealing his kill when he heard the shart crack fill the room. Spinning to the sound to see the missing combatant. The masked human had revealed himself and had shot Liesel-Marie. Inwardly Nyym chastised himself for his failure to locate him before he could strike. Nyym wasted no time as he moved to engage the untouched foe.

5ft step, twin blade fury, dual jutsu, thunder infusion, titan grip, kinetic katana.. AC currently 28

kinetic katana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (1, 8, 2) = 11

kinetic katana 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (7, 7, 4) = 18

kinetic katana 3: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 2, 6) = 13

kinetic katana 4: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (8, 1, 1) = 10

As Nyyms arms and movement becomes a blur. The newcomer had something else to think about. Now if him and Tsodoc could at least keep him busy long enough for one of the others to tend to Liesel-Marie if she needed.

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45

Liesel-Marie forgot to include her -2 penalty from being in the Critical threshold. I'm thinking that the +3 added to her save in the roll was supposed to be the normal -3 she would get from being Critical. However, her Endurance feat lowers that by one step to -2. Otherwise, I can't find any other explanation for the added bonus.

DM Blayde MacRonan wrote:
Using his derringer, Rau inflicts 31 points of damage on Liesel-Marie. However, due to her damage reduction, the Erutaki sustains 30 points of damage. This leaves Liesel-Marie Critical with 14 hit points remaining. She takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

So, taking that into consideration, Liesel-Marie's Fortitude check would actually be 14: 4 + 12 - 2 = 14

This means that Liesel-Marie is paralyzed for 6 rounds.

Varmirheil: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Tsadok: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17; Riven Hourglass: +4 dodge and Init
Sister Slobber: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Liesel-Marie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Colt: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14; +2 due to urban terrain
Meir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Rau: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Rocnork: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Nyym: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Kyt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Oloch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Aiko: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Charlotte: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 = 4
Pappy Gorb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Redlake Fort - Ground Battlemap
Battle Theme: REDWEST - FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE (Metal Cover)

Nyym

Nyym wrote:

Nyym watched as Tsodoc took Pappy's head and was about to comment on Tsodoc stealing his kill when he heard the sharp crack fill the room. Spinning to the sound to see the missing combatant. The masked human had revealed himself and had shot Liesel-Marie. Inwardly Nyym chastised himself for his failure to locate him before he could strike. Nyym wasted no time as he moved to engage the untouched foe.

twin blade fury, dual jutsu, thunder infusion, titan grip, kinetic katana.. AC currently 28

Nyym is unable to perform a 5-foot step to attack, as Rau is clearly 10 feet away from him. This means that he wouldn't be able to get a full round's worth of attacks in, limiting him to just two (one from his primary hand and one from his off-hand). It also means that Rau will get an attack of opportunity in on Nyym before he's able to attack.

Rau AoO on Nyym: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
unarmed strike damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
displacement %: 1d100 ⇒ 56; 51 or better to successfully hit Nyym

As Nyym dashes towards Rau, the outlaw grins beneath his mask even as he steps right leg forward and spins his body widdershins away from the incoming half-drow, sliding his planted leg and pushing through with the body as he land his heel on the side of the head.

Using his unarmed AoO, Rau inflicts 5 points of nonlethal damage on Nyym for a total 18. This leaves Nyym Healthy, with a total of 57 hit points remaining. He takes no penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Nyym wrote:

kinetic katana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (1, 8, 2) = 11

kinetic katana 4: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (8, 1, 1) = 10

As Nyyms arms and movement becomes a blur. The newcomer had something else to think about. Now if he and Tsodok could at least keep him busy long enough for one of the others to tend to Liesel-Marie if she needed.

Rau Fortitude check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30; DC 15 to avoid being deafened

Next up is...

Kyt
Move Action: spend 2 points of ki to continue ki surge
Full-Round Action: flurry of blows with unarmed strike
Swift Action: spend 1 ki to gain extra attack with flurry

unarmed strike flurry attack 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
unarmed strike damage (nonlethal): 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 1) + 5 = 12
unarmed strike flurry attack 2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
unarmed strike damage (nonlethal): 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 6) + 5 = 13
unarmed strike flurry attack 3: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
unarmed strike damage (nonlethal): 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 3) + 5 = 14
unarmed strike flurry attack 4: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
unarmed strike damage (nonlethal): 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10

Once again, drow snake-woman meets Kyt's rapid-fire punches with her own, the fists of the two combatants knocking each time. However, only one of the warrior-monk's punches manages to slip through the now distracted Varmirheil's guard to score hits to the abdomen.

For her part, Kyt is amazed at her opponent's resilience. But something seems off with this strange drow, as though her focus now isn't entirely on the fight she's engaged in.

The elf warrior-monk knows that she can't maintain this degree of combat for much longer, given the drain being put upon her own spiritual reserves. And with Grenseldek still waiting to be taken down, Kyt knows that this battle can't go on for much longer.

Using unarmed strikes, Kyt inflicts 13 damage on Varmirheil. However, due to her damage reduction, she only sustains 6 damage for a total of 76. This puts her at the Wounded threshold. She takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Next up is...

Oloch
No Action: 5-foot step
Full Round Action: full attack on Sister Slobber with greatsword using Furious Focus and Power Attack in conjunction with his attack; -2 penalty on his second attack (Furious Focus ignores this penalty on the first attack), +6 to damage

Oloch greatsword attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
greatsword damage: 2d6 + 18 ⇒ (4, 5) + 18 = 27

Oloch greatsword attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19; -2 penalty due to Power Attack
greatsword damage: 2d6 + 18 ⇒ (6, 6) + 18 = 30

After watching the ogress ignore the declaration of his intent, the battle-priest of Gorum shuffles toward Sister Slobber and swings his forge-blackened weapon, bringing it down with a hammer grip that keeps his hands in direct line with the wrists and forearms to maximize the power of his blows.

With two swipes of his weapon, Oloch performs a flourish that is inconcruant with his otherwise bullish technique that brings the massive sword in front of him, as though he is performing a salute to his adversary.

Sister Slobber, now bearing a massive X=shaped wound across her torso, falls backward to the floor with a thunderous crash as the last of her life leaks from her now still body.

Using his greatsword, Oloch inflicts 55 points of damage to Sister Slobber. This reduces the ogress to -73 hit points. Sister Slobber is dead.

Next up is...

Aiko
Standard Action: lay on hands to Liesel-Marie
Swift Action: Lay on hands to herself

Lay on Hands: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 3, 1) = 12; she also receives the following mercies: diseased (acts as remove disease [CL 9th]), fatigued (The target is no longer fatigued), and injured (gains fast healing 3 for 4 rounds).

Lay on Hands: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 1, 1) = 11; she also receives the following mercies: diseased (acts as remove disease [CL 9th]), fatigued (The target is no longer fatigued), and injured (gains fast healing 3 for 4 rounds).

Aiko calls upon the divine power of The Empress as she lays hands on Liesel-Marie, ignoring the pain of her own flesh being seared from the contact. When she is done tending to the Erutaki, the samurai focuses the remnants of the power upon herself to mend the burns upon her hands. before turning her attention back to Rohan.

Survival skill check to treat Rohan: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22; DC 20 or better to succeed, -1 due to Grazed threshold

Aiko begins visually inspecting the unconscious man. Unable to ascertain any obvious wounds or injuries aside from his obvious lack of an arm, she reaches into a bag and begins treating him.

Liesel-Marie receives 20 points of healing from Aiko's lay on hands: 17 directly from the lay on hands itself, and 3 from the fast healing. This leaves Liesel-Marie Wounded with 44 hit points remaining. She takes a –1 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Aiko receives 14 points of healing from her own lay on hands: 11 directly from the lay on hands itself, and 3 from the fast healing. This leaves Aiko Grazed. She takes a –1 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Aiko's treatment of Rohan will last about an hour, thus effectively removing her from the fight.

Next up is...

Charlotte
The young human moves toward Aiko and once she's there, stands protectively near the samurai.

As Charlotte will be standing guard over Aiko, this too will effectively remove her from the combat.

And that brings an end to Round 3. Round 4 begins now...

Varmirheil
Full Round Action: full attack with kinetic fist infused unarmed strike

Varmirheil unarmed strike 1: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31; -2 due to Wounded threshold
infused unarmed strike damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15; +6 due to Power Attack
kinetic fist damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Varmirheil unarmed strike 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26; -4 due to Power Attack and Wounded threshold
infused unarmed strike damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12; +6 due to Power Attack
kinetic fist damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Once again, Varmirheil's initial blow hits the malarin minasien in the face.

But with her front foot pivoted while rotating her body and spotting the drow snake-woman over the shoulder, Kyt chambers her knee and attempts to kick deeply through Varmirheil's middle, which causes her to quickly slither back from the counter.

Using her metal infused unarmed strike, Varmirheil inflicts 24 points of damage on Kyt, for a total of 48. This puts her at the Wounded threshold. She takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Next up is Tsadok...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Awakened Bloodrager (Fire) 9; AC 23/14/21; 80/85 hp; F12 R8 W9; Health: Healthy (0); Rage left: 38-4+1/38; Spells left: 3/3, 1/1; Effects: Endure Elements (heat only), Wyrmsbreath 0 pts, Remaining healing: 20, 19, 12

Partially correct. Her base fortitude bonus is 12. She has a +2 from Raging Vitality. I believe I was mistakenly including a +1 from her (non-existent in this form of rage) CON bonus. I did forget the penalty.

But she is indeed paralyzed. (4) + 12 + 2 - 2 for a 16 and a failed save.

GM:
Does the fast healing take effect on my turn or Aiko's? Or do future rounds take place on my turn and the first one takes place on hers? And does she have a +5 to her lay on hands? I mean, I would love to have all the healing she can give me, but the roll showing was a 12, which would bring me to 29 with the first bit of fast healing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dhampir U. Monk (Temp) 9 {HP:71/71 G:53 W:36 C:18 D:-1} {AC:30 T:26 F:25} {F:+13 R:+15 W: +10} Init:+5 Per:+17

Grazed, -1 AC 29

Tsadok turns his head back to the combat behind him and see a new figure and Nyym take a blow to the head. He quickly turns and head to the foe, with a flick of his wrist he clears the blood from Sable Moon. So the blade will be fresh to taste a new.

Perception: 1d20 + 17 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 17 - 1 = 17
To notice anything about the newcomer.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 15 - 1 = 23
To help avoid his defense. Instead of making a direct run at him, Tsadok moves quickly to his right diagonally and then to his left diagonally to place him next to his target. And in the same instance he swings Sable Moon in an upward two-handed motion. As the blade is in motion a darkness starts to surround the blade.

Thirsting Axe Strike: 1d20 + 30 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 30 - 1 = 39
Thirsting Axe Strike Dmg: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Skirmisher Dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

He adjusts slightly and thrusts Sable Moon toward the side of the masked figure.

Thrust Att: 1d20 + 18 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 18 - 1 = 31
Thrust Dmg: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Skirmisher Dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

He with draws the blade back to ready it's next action. He takes of the Riven Hourglass Stance.

Riven Hourglass Stance +4 dodge, Skirmisher +1 dodge, Grazed -1 AC = AC 34

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45

Liesel-Marie:

The initial fast healing from Aiko's lay on hands is on her turn... the next rounds worth will be just before Liesel-Marie's turn. As for the discrepency with the healing... well, when I originally used the die roller, the total was different. I'm not going to penalize you because I didn't catch it before posting.

Varmirheil: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Tsadok: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17; Riven Hourglass: +4 dodge and Init
Sister Slobber: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Liesel-Marie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Colt: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14; +2 due to urban terrain
Meir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Rau: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Rocnork: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Nyym: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Kyt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Oloch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Aiko: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Charlotte: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 = 4
Pappy Gorb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Redlake Fort - Ground Battlemap
Battle Theme: REDWEST - FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE (Metal Cover)

Tsadok

Tsadok Whisperfall wrote:

Grazed, -1 AC 29

Tsadok turns his head back to the combat behind him and see a new figure and Nyym take a blow to the head. He quickly turns and head to the foe, with a flick of his wrist he clears the blood from Sable Moon. So the blade will be fresh to taste a new.

Perception: 1d20 + 17 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 17 - 1 = 17; DC 20 or better to succeed
To notice anything about the newcomer.

Tsadok is unable to get any kind of read on the skull-masked human.

Tsadok Whisperfall wrote:
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 15 - 1 = 23; DC 24 or better to succeed

Well, ain't I the belle of the ball?

Rau AoO on Tsadok: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
unarmed strike damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Rau moves so that by the time the dhampir gets within striking range, he has pushed off his rear leg to skip forward while performing a kick with the lead. The skip off the rear leg, as well as kicking with the leading leg allows him to close the distance between himself and Tsadok much more quickly than he could've with a conventional rear-leg kick.

Though surprised by the act, Tsadok manages to pause his movement just enough to avoid getting caught by the unorthodox form of hammer kick thrown at him.

Tsadok Whisperfall wrote:

To help avoid his defense. Instead of making a direct run at him, Tsadok moves quickly to his right diagonally and then to his left diagonally to place him next to his target. And in the same instance he swings Sable Moon in an upward two-handed motion. As the blade is in motion a darkness starts to surround the blade.

Thirsting Axe Strike: 1d20 + 30 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 30 - 1 = 39
Thirsting Axe Strike Dmg: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Skirmisher Dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

He adjusts slightly and thrusts Sable Moon toward the side of the masked figure.

Thrust Att: 1d20 + 18 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 18 - 1 = 31
Thrust Dmg: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Skirmisher Dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

He with draws the blade back to ready it's next action. He takes of the Riven Hourglass Stance.

Riven Hourglass Stance +4 dodge, Skirmisher +1 dodge, Grazed -1 AC = AC 34

Beneath his mask, Rau grimaces as he feels a portion of his essence being drawn from him and into the sword that struck him. Despite not wearing one, he does a hat tip towards both foes and says:

Lookin' like it's time to get serious.

Using Sable Moon, Tsadok inflicts 36 points of damage on Rau, for a total of 47. This puts him at the Healthy threshold. He takes no penalty on his attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

In addition, Tsadok receives 19 temporary hit points from his Thirsting Axe Strike.

Next up is Liesel-Marie...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Awakened Bloodrager (Fire) 9; AC 23/14/21; 80/85 hp; F12 R8 W9; Health: Healthy (0); Rage left: 38-4+1/38; Spells left: 3/3, 1/1; Effects: Endure Elements (heat only), Wyrmsbreath 0 pts, Remaining healing: 20, 19, 12

Applied second fast healing, now Wounded (-1) and paralyzed (round 1 of 6).

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45
Liesel-Marie Frostvale wrote:

Applied second fast healing, now Wounded (-1) and paralyzed (round 1 of 6).

Liesel-Marie can attempt, as a full-round action, another DC 18 Fortitude check after the second round of paralysis. If she fails, then our Erutaki Warrior-Princess™ will remain paralyzed (frozen in place and unable to move or act; effective Dexterity and Strength scores of 0 and is helpless, but can take purely mental actions) and she can try again on the next round (4th round of paralysis).

Next up is Colt...

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45

Varmirheil: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Tsadok: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17; Riven Hourglass: +4 dodge and Init
Liesel-Marie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Colt: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14; +2 due to urban terrain
Meir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Rau: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Rocnork: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Nyym: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Kyt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Oloch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Aiko: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Charlotte: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 = 4
Redlake Fort - Ground Battlemap
Battle Theme: REDWEST - FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE (Metal Cover)

Colt
Move Action: load silver ammunition
Standard Action: rifle shot with Deadly Aim at Varmirheil

Colt rifle shot: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19; touch AC targeted
rifle damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

The gunmarshal reaches into his duster and produces a lustrous cartridge that he deftly slides into Executioner's breech.

He turns his sights back on the snake-woman and deadshots Varnirheil with the hope that this will better penetrate her admittedly tough skin.

Colt curses to himself as the metal casing is ejected from the Highwall and clatters on the ground. He has one more option left to him, one that he is loathe to use due to the expense. But if he wants to bag the outlaw, the gunmarshal has little choice but to use it.

Using Executioner, Colt inflicts 21 points of damage on Varmirheil. However, due to her damage reduction, she only sustains 14 damage for a total of 90. This puts her at the Wounded threshold. She takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Next up is...

Meir

Full-Round Action: two slam attacks on Varmirheil

Groveck slam attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32; +2 due to flanking
critical confirmation: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24; +2 due to flanking
slam damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 = 11
Groveck slam attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15; +2 due to flanking
slam damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 = 12

Vocalizing its fury with a fearsome bellow, Groveck links both hands together then swings both arms in an overhead fashion. The phantom lands a satisfying hit on Varmirheil's back that causes her to yell in annoyance. It attempts to repeat the same move, but the snake-woman nimbly twists away to avoid the second blow.

Using Executioner, Colt inflicts 11 points of damage on Varmirheil. However, due to her damage reduction, she only sustains 4 damage for a total of 94. This puts her at the Wounded threshold. She takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Next up is...

Rau

Swift Action: uses shift and cloying shadows
Full-Round Action: unarmed sneak attack against Kyt

Rau unarmed strike: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23; +2 due to flanking
unarmed strike damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
sneak attack damage: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 4, 1, 3) = 11
Rau unarmed strike: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20; +2 due to flanking
unarmed strike damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
sneak attack damage: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 3, 1, 2) = 16

Kyt Reflex check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15; DC 16 or better to succeed, -2 due to Wounded condition

The outlaw readies himself, preparing to settle in for a good old donnybrook with his two opponents when he hears Varmirheil's frustated scream.

That's my cue to vamoose. Mimicing another hat tip towards Nyym and Tsadok, the masked man is then enshrouded in darkness that seems to collapse upon itself as he disappears from their sight. Out of the blot, grasping tendrils of shadow reach out toward for the half-drow and the dhampir.

Nyym and Tsadok need to succeed on DC 16 Reflex checks or be entangled for 1 round by the cloying shadows that accompany his shift ability.

When Rau reappears again in a burst of murkiness, he is behind Kyt. With the shadowy tendrils accompanying him reaching out for the elf as well. Caught unaware by his sudden appearance, Kyt is grabbed roughly by the dark appendages. As she attempts to struggle against them, Rau takes advantage of her distraction and executes two swift ridge-hand strikes to each side of the elf's neck.

Kyt crumples wordlessly to the floor with an audible thud.

Rau then points his derringer down toward the head of the vulnerable elf lying at his feet.

Y'all can stand down. I wants safe passage for me and my Varmy out of this place. He calls out for everyone to hear. Otherwise...

For added emphasis, Rau uses his thumb to pull back on the four-barreled palm pistol's tiny hammer mechanism.

Using his unarmed sneak attack, Rau inflicts 39 points of damage on Kyt, for a total of 87. This puts her at the Critical threshold. She takes a –3 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

In addition, Kyt is also unconscious, dying, and helpless due to being at -2 hit points. If Rau takes the shot with his derringer, it will be considered both a sneak attack and a coup de grace. It will automatically hit and be a critical, as per the rules.

This combat is over as far as the NPCs are concerned, as Rau has the upper hand here. I will keep using the initiative order to find out how the PCs will respond to this.

Next up is Nyym...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dhampir U. Monk (Temp) 9 {HP:71/71 G:53 W:36 C:18 D:-1} {AC:30 T:26 F:25} {F:+13 R:+15 W: +10} Init:+5 Per:+17

Reflex: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 13 - 1 = 15 Grazed
Tsadak is somewhat caught off guard with the sudden disappearance of Rau. And sees the tendrils almost to late, but was able to avoid them but a slight moment of pain hits his side, which cause him to pause ever so slightly. And the tendrils take hold of the Dhampir. Unable to move he just glares at Rau as he points the weapon at Kyt.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half Drow init +6/ hp 35 [35]/ ac 18/ t 14/ ff 13/ fort +4/ ref +9/ wil +6/ perc +6/ stealth +11/ athletics 0/ b2h +3/ lore engineering +2/ finesse +11/ ki pool 7 kinetic shinobi (fading shadow) /4

reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Nyym avoids the black stuff with ease and was about to launch his next series of attacks when his target reappears on the others side and has Kyt pretty much at his whim.

Nyyms blood runs cold with anger as he glares daggers at Rau. With Kyt and Liesel-Marie both out of action. Nyym weighed their odds.. they could take them, but it would be a price that Nyym was not ready to pay. Nyym instead poised himself to react at the first hint of him going against what he was saying..

Very well, take ur leave. But I'm a sure we are going to meet again. When that happens. The odds may not be so favorable for you in our next encounter.

Nyym hated offering these 2 passage out. But their backs were against the wall this time.

Colt.. Let them pass. I am sure we will have another chance at this dance at a later date.

Nyym was not sure if the Gun Marshall would do so. But Nyym was betting him an honorable man and would not risk the loss of Kyt. Nyyms eyes narrowed as he waited to see what would happen next.

Nyym at this point will hold a action at the ready.

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45

Varmirheil growls as she slithers past the downed Kyt and "stands" next to Rau. Do you think me so weak as to not be able to finish off my foe?

Not at all, Varmy. You're the toughest strapper I've seen this side of the Mana Wastes. But if I'm to be shootin' square with you, as fun as this row was, it has nothin' to do with us. We need to be pushin' our barrow on.

The drow snake-woman maintains her glare, but her tail's movement reveals the pleasure she feels from Rau's words. Very well. We will 'push our barrow on,' as you say.

Liesel-Marie can now attempt, as a full-round action, another DC 18 Fortitude check. If she fails, then our Erutaki Warrior-Princess™ will remain paralyzed (frozen in place and unable to move or act; effective Dexterity and Strength scores of 0 and is helpless, but can take purely mental actions) and she can try again on the next 'round' (4th round of paralysis).

Next up is Colt...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Awakened Bloodrager (Fire) 9; AC 23/14/21; 80/85 hp; F12 R8 W9; Health: Healthy (0); Rage left: 38-4+1/38; Spells left: 3/3, 1/1; Effects: Endure Elements (heat only), Wyrmsbreath 0 pts, Remaining healing: 20, 19, 12

Applied fast healing 3, remains at Wounded (-1)

Fortitude DC 18: 1d20 + 12 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 - 1 = 25

The bloodrager’s muscle relax as her body throws off the effect seizing them. She glares at the duo, lowering her axe from her frozen battle-ready stance. ”My quarrel was with them,” she nods at the ogres, ”but if she dies…” Her expression makes the rest of the message quite clear.

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45
DM Blayde MacRonan wrote:

Varmirheil growls as she slithers past the downed Kyt and "stands" next to Rau. Do you think me so weak as to not be able to finish off my foe?

Not at all, Varmy. You're the toughest strapper I've seen this side of the Mana Wastes. But if I'm to be shootin' square with you, as fun as this row was, it has nothin' to do with us. We need to be pushin' our barrow on.

The drow snake-woman maintains her glare, but her tail's movement reveals the pleasure she feels from Rau's words. Very well. We will 'push our barrow on,' as you say.

He had heard Rau's demand for safe passage, but it wasn't until the snake-woman moved that Colt understood why. The outlaw meant to cash in the elf with his palm pistol.

Nyym wrote:

Colt.. Let them pass. I am sure we will have another chance at this dance at a later date.

Nyym was not sure if the Gun Marshall would do so. But Nyym was betting him an honorable man and would not risk the loss of Kyt. Nyyms eyes narrowed as he waited to see what would happen next.

Nyym at this point will hold a action at the ready.

The gunmarshal began airing his lungs, to the point that his words would make a pirate blush. But Colt stows away his Highwall rifle all the same. He stands at the ready, however, his hands within easy reach of the twin cannons hanging from his belt.

Something that Rau noted. Just to be clear. I never said anything about not taking the shot. But, I'm no chucklehead either. No harm will come to the lil' lady here, provided we get that safe passage, of course.

Rau motions for Varmirheil to start moving. The drow slithers out of the armory, followed closely by her lover. He stops near Colt, his palm pistol still aimed at Kyt's head.

Once the snake-woman reaches the exit, the outlaw waits for Varmirheil to open the door and pass through its threshold. Pleasure doin' business with y'all. Then to the lawdog. Lookin' forward to our playin' it for real next time, marshal.

Rau opens his hand, causing the tiny pistol to retract back up his sleeve, before backing away from Colt and toward the open door. About halfway to his destination, a globe of darkness settles between the outlaw and the gunmarshal, courtesy of Varmirheil.

Charlotte makes her way over to the fallen Kyt, calling out for her brother once she gets there. Meir enters and immediately sets himself to treating the elf, applying a salve to her injuries.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2, 4) + 5 = 14

Due to Meir's application of salve, Kyt receives 14 points of healing, restoring her to 12 hit points. This puts her at the Critical threshold. She takes a –3 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

She is conscious, and no longer dying, entangled, or helpless.

Kyt looks crestfallen as she scans the armory. They got away because of me. It isn't so much a question, but an assessment of the current situation. The warrior-monk rises somewhat unsteadily to her feet. How's Rohan?

It looks as though he is sleeping, but this is no sleep I've ever witnessed before. Oloch is truly at a loss as he speaks.

I have. Aiko looks over at Nyym. This is the result of a toxin developed by the dhaerow, used on their crossbow bolts to immobilize an enemy so that he can be killed at leisure. The active ingredient comes from the spores of a particular mushroom found only in the Darklands below. The poison attacks the central nervous system, causing the victim to fall unconscious rather than inducing slumber. This is because elves, even the dhaerow themselves, prove to be unusually resilient against effects and substances that induce slumber.

Because it affects the nervous system directly, great care must be used to bring him back to full consciousness. It will take time, even with the orc's assistance. Something we do not have in abundance.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Awakened Bloodrager (Fire) 9; AC 23/14/21; 80/85 hp; F12 R8 W9; Health: Healthy (0); Rage left: 38-4+1/38; Spells left: 3/3, 1/1; Effects: Endure Elements (heat only), Wyrmsbreath 0 pts, Remaining healing: 20, 19, 12

"My sister, they got away because we value your life more than we value their deaths. I could as easily say they got away because I froze when he struck me and couldn't move. I could easily have changed the outcome if I had still been fighting."

Listening to Aiko's desription of what's befallen their tall friend, she replies, "Will it worsen? We have disrupted the ritual, I think," she points to the dead and dying ogres. "Maybe we can return to the chapel and leave him with the ghost."

Applied final round of fast healing 3.

"Speaking of these three, do any of them carry anything useful?"

Having faith that her compatriots are more capable of assessing Rohan's condition and feeling like they need to keep moving, she will search the bodies and put anything interesting to the side to be evaluated or carried off until there is time to look it over.

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45
Liesel-Marie Frostvale wrote:
Listening to Aiko's desription of what's befallen their tall friend, she replies, "Will it worsen? We have disrupted the ritual, I think," she points to the dead and dying ogres. "Maybe we can return to the chapel and leave him with the ghost."

Aiko's expression is one of calm as she attempts to answer Liesel-Marie. Gutterunch's death has disrupted the ritual, but what's going on with your companion Rohan has nothing to do with that.

She inclines her head toward Rohan, her attention on his missing left arm. Magic was used to close off the injury, to prevent him from bleeding out. But beyond that, little else has been done to treat his other wounds. Taking him back to the shrine is the best course of action, I think. There myself, Meir, Oloch, and Chaplain Blix can work together to care for him.

We can also take that with us as well. Meir gestures toward the headless skeleton in the sand pit. It'll be up to the rest of you to recover the skull. Without it, the haunt cannot be put to rest.

Liesel-Marie Frostvale wrote:

Applied final round of fast healing 3.

"Speaking of these three, do any of them carry anything useful?"

Having faith that her compatriots are more capable of assessing Rohan's condition and feeling like they need to keep moving, she will search the bodies and put anything interesting to the side to be evaluated or carried off until there is time to look it over.

Though she didn't ask, I included what was on the skeletal remains as well.

Headless Skeleton: still wearing its uniform—a noble’s outfit in surprisingly good condition worth 75 gold sails—as well as a signet ring and gold chain of office, which together are worth 100 gold sails.

Pappy Gorb: potion of cure light wounds, potion of invisibility, scroll of cure moderate wounds, alchemist’s fire (2), mwk breastplate, javelins (3), mwk rapier, amulet of the Abyss (Zura), 157 gold sails*

Amulet of the Abyss:

Gutterunch’s amulet of the Abyss bears the crimson fanged skull rune of Zura and functions as an unholy symbol of that demon lord. The amulet of the Abyss also functions as a phylactery of faithfulness for Gutterunch. It also grants its wearer the ability to cast each of the three spell-like abilities granted by Zura’s first exalted demonic boon once per day (see spell-like abilities above). Any lawful or good character who wears this amulet gains 2 negative levels. These negative levels remain as long as the amulet is worn and cannot be overcome in any way as long as the amulet is worn (though they never result in actual level loss).

Lurp: potion of cure moderate wounds, elixir of hiding, wasp nest of swarming, mwk studded leather, javelins (3), mwk greatclub, 16 gold sails*

Sister Slobber: potion of cure moderate wounds, elixir of hiding, wasp nest of swarming, mwk studded leather, javelins (3), mwk greatclub, 16 gold sails*

Elixir of Hiding:

A character drinking this liquid gains an intuitive ability to sneak and hide (+10 competence bonus on Stealth checks for 1 hour).

Wasp Nest of Swarming:

This is a hand-sized replica of a wasp’s nest, crafted out of paper. It is extremely fragile and comes in a snug rigid case. If the nest is placed on the floor or ground, each time a creature passes through that square there is a 50% chance that it kicks or steps on the nest, triggering it. The nest may instead be thrown (range increment 10 feet), triggering when it strikes a hard surface or a creature. When triggered, the nest creates a wasp swarm that attacks the nearest creature and follows it until it is dead, the swarm is killed, or the swarm is unable to reach the target, at which point the swarm attacks the next nearest creature. If the swarm can’t find any targets, it waits in place until another creature appears. The swarm dissipates 9 minutes after being released.

* Intermingled with the usual gold coins are octagonal ones, with each of them having a unique serial number and a seal like the emblem on the gunmarshal's badge printed on them. Cole will explain that those coins are doubloons, also called "luckies" where he's from.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half Drow init +6/ hp 35 [35]/ ac 18/ t 14/ ff 13/ fort +4/ ref +9/ wil +6/ perc +6/ stealth +11/ athletics 0/ b2h +3/ lore engineering +2/ finesse +11/ ki pool 7 kinetic shinobi (fading shadow) /4

Nyym lowers his eyes as Aiko speaks his way as she speaks of the poison used on Rohan. It bothered Nyym that his loss of memory of his past also ment he had no idea when it came to the different poisons and their antidotes. As for Kyts and Liesel-Maries words. Nyym looked at them and then to the Gunmarshal.

Kyt, ur life and the life of our family here is more important then their deaths at this moment. We will not sacrifice you to gain victory. But that being said, their excape this time means that they know that they will be looking over their shoulder now. Now it's not just Colt hunting them anymore. Now they have us as well and both sides know that this fights ending was just delayed, not the true ending. If Rau thought they could have won, he would not have asked for safe passage to get out of here. And to be honest, he did not get away because of you or Liesel-Marie. They got away because in my focus on Pappy and not finding him before he got to Liesel-Marie if we really want to focus on blame and reason. Beyond that, we did what we came to do. To stop the ritual. We did that. Now we need to tent to Rohan and our own wounds and find the missing head as well as deal with our last target. The Giant.

With that, Nyym sets about the room looking for any hidden areas or doors that may not be obvious to the others.

1d1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45
Nyym wrote:

Nyym lowers his eyes as Aiko speaks his way as she speaks of the poison used on Rohan. It bothered Nyym that his loss of memory of his past also ment he had no idea when it came to the different poisons and their antidotes. As for Kyts and Liesel-Maries words. Nyym looked at them and then to the Gunmarshal.

Kyt, ur life and the life of our family here is more important then their deaths at this moment. We will not sacrifice you to gain victory. But that being said, their excape this time means that they know that they will be looking over their shoulder now. Now it's not just Colt hunting them anymore. Now they have us as well and both sides know that this fights ending was just delayed, not the true ending. If Rau thought they could have won, he would not have asked for safe passage to get out of here. And to be honest, he did not get away because of you or Liesel-Marie. They got away because in my focus on Pappy and not finding him before he got to Liesel-Marie if we really want to focus on blame and reason. Beyond that, we did what we came to do. To stop the ritual. We did that. Now we need to tent to Rohan and our own wounds and find the missing head as well as deal with our last target. The Giant.

Aiko sighs, shaking her head. There is blame enough to be had by all. Or would you be so selfish as to take it upon yourselves? Nothing is gained in so doing. What we can do is learn from this, and apply the knowledge gained as we move on.

Oloch grunts approvingly at the samurai's words.

We have to focus on taking down Grenseldek now. Kyt's features are fixed with a look of determination. I suspect dealing with her will allow us to freely locate the missing skull of Tamand Varias. So let us prepare for that battle instead.

She reaches into the sash around her waist and produces four vials, which the elf drinks one after the other.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 7, 2) + 5 = 16

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 8) + 3 = 12

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 6) + 3 = 12

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 5) + 3 = 16

Due to her drinking the potions, Kyt receives 56 points of healing, restoring her to 68 hit points. This puts her at the Healthy threshold. She takes no penalty on her attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

When she is finished, Kyt looks to the others. That's better, if not necessarily my best.

Aiko retrieves five vials from her pouch and hands them over to Liesel-Marie. Use them and go forth prepared for battle, my sword-sister. I look forward to hearing your exploits when you return.

Liesel-Marie received 9 points of healing from the fast healing of Aiko's lay on hands. This leaves Liesel-Marie Wounded with 53 hit points remaining before drinking the offered potions. She takes a –1 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 2, 7) + 5 = 20

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 8, 1) + 5 = 17

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3, 8) + 5 = 20

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 5, 7) + 5 = 19

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3, 3) + 5 = 12

Nyym wrote:

With that, Nyym sets about the room looking for any hidden areas or doors that may not be obvious to the others.

Perception: 1d1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Despite his best efforts, Nyym is unable to locate any hidden areas or doors within the armory, or outside of it.

There is only way for them to travel, and that is back the way they had come. Which was the same way that Rau and Varmirheil had gone.

Oloch produces a wand and makes his way over to Nyym. Hold still and receive the Lord in Iron's blessing.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Using his wand, Oloch removes all of Nyym's nonlethal damage with the first three touches in addition to curing the lethal damage inflicted. That alone leaves Nyym Healthy, with a full total of 75 hit points. He takes no penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

With regard to the healing being doled out, take as much or as little as is needed for the specific character. The rest can be spread out to anyone else (other than Tsadok) who needs it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Awakened Bloodrager (Fire) 9; AC 23/14/21; 80/85 hp; F12 R8 W9; Health: Healthy (0); Rage left: 38-4+1/38; Spells left: 3/3, 1/1; Effects: Endure Elements (heat only), Wyrmsbreath 0 pts, Remaining healing: 20, 19, 12

Healing:
Liesel-Marie had already applied all of the fast healing provided from Aiko's lay on hands to reach 43 hit points, which is one point below threshold for Wounded. At 53, she would be grazed. She will utilize the first two positions to bring her to 80 and Healthy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dhampir U. Monk (Temp) 9 {HP:71/71 G:53 W:36 C:18 D:-1} {AC:30 T:26 F:25} {F:+13 R:+15 W: +10} Init:+5 Per:+17

Tsadok takes a knee to catch his breath as the others heal. He reaches into his pack to retrieve a vial containing a black liquid. He pops the top and downs it.

Potion Inflict Mod Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 6) + 3 = 12

Cuts begin to seal themselves and he seems to breath a bit easier. He gets up and moves about the room and bodies, bringing items from his movement to the middle of where everyone is resting.

If no one has objections I wish to have these items, both Alchemist's Fire, one Elixer of Hiding, Wasp Nest of Swarming and three Javelins. He says in even but deep voice, as he looks between everyone.

With his "healing" of 12 points, that brings him to 65 hit points and healthy. For the moment.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Awakened Bloodrager (Fire) 9; AC 23/14/21; 80/85 hp; F12 R8 W9; Health: Healthy (0); Rage left: 38-4+1/38; Spells left: 3/3, 1/1; Effects: Endure Elements (heat only), Wyrmsbreath 0 pts, Remaining healing: 20, 19, 12

Liesel-Marie nods, ”I make no claim for those things”.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half Drow init +6/ hp 35 [35]/ ac 18/ t 14/ ff 13/ fort +4/ ref +9/ wil +6/ perc +6/ stealth +11/ athletics 0/ b2h +3/ lore engineering +2/ finesse +11/ ki pool 7 kinetic shinobi (fading shadow) /4

After nodding to Clock his Thanx, Nyym moves back to the stairs as everyone else finishes prepping to depart.. causiously, he moves up the stairs. Checking and listening..

1 point of ki spent for vanish trick.

stealth: 1d20 + 17 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 10 = 30

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45
Nyym wrote:

After nodding to Oloch his thanks, Nyym moves back to the stairs as everyone else finishes prepping to depart.. cautiously, he moves up the stairs. Checking and listening..

1 point of ki spent for vanish trick.

stealth: 1d20 + 17 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 10 = 30

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

As the cautious half-drow slowly makes his way back up, he hears a conversation taking place:

Where you two think you go?

The first speaker, a male, is unknown to Nyym. The second speaker, however, he recognizes all too well as belonging to Rau.

Jagan. Grache. So good to see the Sons of Karrguk once again.

A third voice, also unknown to Nyym and similar to the first one, speaks.

Snake lady don't seem so uppity now. What think, brother? We make pet of her?

The half-drow hears Varmirheil's angry hiss moments before Rau says, You're a daisy if you do.

No, Jagan. They guests of Pappy Gorb.

Kelseph have Pappy kill father.

No... Pappy hired me to kill your father. Nyym can hear the sheer menace dripping from the outlaw's words as he continues. And while I know thinking isn't necessarily what you boys do, I want you to do just that. Think long and hard, because if you think I'm just gonna stand by and let you try to take my Varmy, then you're both dumber than your old man. And just as dead.

There is a moment of tense silence before the one that Nyym can assume is Grache speaks. Leave 'em be. We not here for them anyway. General Kelseph say warriors from Manhome here. Them we must find.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half Drow init +6/ hp 35 [35]/ ac 18/ t 14/ ff 13/ fort +4/ ref +9/ wil +6/ perc +6/ stealth +11/ athletics 0/ b2h +3/ lore engineering +2/ finesse +11/ ki pool 7 kinetic shinobi (fading shadow) /4

Nyym smiled...

Some of the prey has come looking for the hunters.. Looks like they wish to play for blood..

With that thought, Nyym eases up to the top of the stairs to I'd the newcomers..

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45
Nyym wrote:

Nyym smiled...

Some of the prey has come looking for the hunters.. Looks like they wish to play for blood..

With that thought, Nyym eases up to the top of the stairs to I'd the newcomers..

Nyym is able to make out four individuals... two that he recognizes (obviously) as being the outlaw Rau and the drow snake-lady Varmirheil. The other two, however nad by process of elimination, have to be Jagan and Grache.

The two have to be the biggest orcs that the half-drow has ever seen. Not just in the way of mass, but in height as well. They tower over Rau and are easily at eye-level with Varmirheil, if not taller. Clearly these two have giantblood flowing through them.

In addition, the two appear to be twins. Rare amongst other humanoid races, but especially so amongst orcs. Each of them carries a pair of battleaxes (sized appropriately for them, of course), but they also have hands that Nyym recognizes as having been conditioned for weaponless fighting, much like Aiko, Kyt, and Tsadok's are. Though they don't seem to possess monastic training like they do, Nyym understands those well versed in brawling can also develop hands like that as well.

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45
DM Blayde MacRonan wrote:

Aiko retrieves five vials from her pouch and hands them over to Liesel-Marie. Use them and go forth prepared for battle, my sword-sister. I look forward to hearing your exploits when you return.

Liesel-Marie will utilize the first two positions to bring her hit points to 80 and the Healthy threshold.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 2, 7) + 5 = 20

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 8, 1) + 5 = 17

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3, 8) + 5 = 20

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 5, 7) + 5 = 19

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3, 3) + 5 = 12

This leaves 51 points of healing available from the 3 remaining vials to anyone other than Tsadok to deal with injuries.

DM Blayde MacRonan wrote:

Oloch produces a wand and makes his way over to Nyym. Hold still and receive the Lord in Iron's blessing.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Using his wand, Oloch removes all of Nyym's nonlethal damage with the first three touches in addition to curing the lethal damage inflicted. That alone leaves Nyym Healthy, with a full total of 75 hit points. He takes no penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as to AC and caster level.

With regard to the healing being doled out, take as much or as little as is needed for the specific character. The rest can be spread out to anyone else (other than Tsadok) who needs it.

This leaves 42 points of healing available from Oloch's wand to anyone other than Tsadok to deal with injuries.

As far as I can tell, since Colt is still operating at full hit points, and the others (beyond Tsadok) don't really reqire any healing, the last 6 charges will not be used. However, the 3 potions handed over by Aiko will still remain available for future use.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half Drow init +6/ hp 35 [35]/ ac 18/ t 14/ ff 13/ fort +4/ ref +9/ wil +6/ perc +6/ stealth +11/ athletics 0/ b2h +3/ lore engineering +2/ finesse +11/ ki pool 7 kinetic shinobi (fading shadow) /4

Nyym slips off back towards the well. As he does so. He examines the door to see if it is able to be locked once closed.

finesse: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45

Been dealing with things where I work that culminated in a transfer of ownership from one comapny to a new one. And things haven't exactly gone smoothly. Plus, on top of that, I'm also looking to move from where I currently reside, and hope to do so through a transfer to where I want to go. So, you could say that the current situation with myself is pretty chaotic at the moment. That said, I will try to get on when I am able, even if my posts tend to be very brief. Like this one...

Nyym wrote:

Nyym slips off back towards the well. As he does so. He examines the door to see if it is able to be locked once closed.

finesse: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

No... it cannot.

Jagan Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11; DC 30 or better to notice Nyym

Grache Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10; DC 30 or better to notice Nyym

Varmirheil Perception check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25; DC 30 or better to notice Nyym

Rau Perception check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26; DC 20* or better to notice Nyym * the lower DC is a result of the invisibility component being removed...

The twin giantblood orcs leave off bickering with Rau and begin to make their way toward the stairs leading down to the storage cellar and armory when the rest of the party currently are.

Pappy Gorb is busy with a ritual or some such down there. Wouldn't want to be interrupting that if I were you two. As Rau speaks, he turns in such a way that Nyym notices a faint trail of red light coming from the masked outlaw's eyes.

Right. Grache, the seemingly more reasonable one of the Sons of Karrguk, stops his brother from reaching the door. We go back to general and chieftain.

Jagan growls angrily but obeys his brother, following Grache as they both go back through the door leading into the treasury.

When the sons of Karrguk are gone, the outlaw looks directly where the half-drow is crouched down and does his now signature "hat tip" that way before turning his attention back to guiding Varmirheil out of the building.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half Drow init +6/ hp 35 [35]/ ac 18/ t 14/ ff 13/ fort +4/ ref +9/ wil +6/ perc +6/ stealth +11/ athletics 0/ b2h +3/ lore engineering +2/ finesse +11/ ki pool 7 kinetic shinobi (fading shadow) /4

Nyym watched as the other parties departed. Nodding t9 Rau in acknowledgement and in respect of his ability to spot Nyym when the others didn't. Once the room was clear, he mahis way back down to the others. Although part of him wished to follow the 2 giant orcs back to the chieftain. He opted not to as now was not the time to get caught out alone without support. Once down the stairs and close to the others, he spoke from hiding..

Seams Rau has bought us some time. Just saw him speaking to 2 identical Orcs that looks like they were crossed with giants. Jagan and Grache were the names Rau called them by. Rau left them to believe that the recently deceased Pappy was still in his ritual. They we looking for us. But after speaking Rau, they have departed back to the Chieftain. From what I overheard, Kelseph is also there.. No other information of numbers beyond them at the moment.

Nyym watched this new Orc friend for his reaction to the names..

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45
Nyym wrote:

Nyym watched as the other parties departed. Nodding to Rau in acknowledgement and in respect of his ability to spot Nyym when the others didn't. Once the room was clear, he makes his way back down to the others. Although part of him wished to follow the 2 giant orcs back to the chieftain. He opted not to as now was not the time to get caught out alone without support. Once down the stairs and close to the others, he spoke from hiding..

Seams Rau has bought us some time. Just saw him speaking to 2 identical Orcs that looks like they were crossed with giants. Jagan and Grache were the names Rau called them by. Rau left them to believe that the recently deceased Pappy was still in his ritual. They we looking for us. But after speaking with Rau, they have departed back to the Chieftain. From what I overheard, Kelseph is also there.. No other information of numbers beyond them at the moment.

Nyym watched this new Orc friend for his reaction to the names..

Oloch nods his head at Nyym's mention of the sons of Karrguk. When the half-drow scout is done, he says: Mean ones, those two are. Sons of the old battle-priest. Not very bright as far as orcs go, but they make up for it in both cunning and teamwork.

Kyt looks thoughtful for a moment. So we're dealing with the chieftain, the general, and a pair of enforcers. I like those odds quite a bit. She then looks over at Liesel-Marie and Tsadok. What do you think?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Awakened Bloodrager (Fire) 9; AC 23/14/21; 80/85 hp; F12 R8 W9; Health: Healthy (0); Rage left: 38-4+1/38; Spells left: 3/3, 1/1; Effects: Endure Elements (heat only), Wyrmsbreath 0 pts, Remaining healing: 20, 19, 12

Liesel-Marie grins and raises an eyebrow. ”Sounds like fun to me. Even better if we get the drop on them or catch them apart. Or both.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dhampir U. Monk (Temp) 9 {HP:71/71 G:53 W:36 C:18 D:-1} {AC:30 T:26 F:25} {F:+13 R:+15 W: +10} Init:+5 Per:+17

Tsadok has been leaning up against the wall as the other finish up getting healed. As Nymm does his disappearing trick again, Tsadok looks down as if, Here we go again.

As Nymm explains what he saw and heard. I don't know about it being fun. But I suggest a plan would be the better course of action. Need to catch them by surprise and inflict a mass of damage to them. Or atleast cause confusion.

And with the thoughts expressed to the group, Tsadok starts to look about the room. Mainly because I can't remember what's in there

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45
Liesel-Marie Frostvale wrote:
Liesel-Marie grins and raises an eyebrow. ”Sounds like fun to me. Even better if we get the drop on them or catch them apart. Or both.”
Tsadok Whisperfall wrote:

Tsadok has been leaning up against the wall as the other finish up getting healed. As Nymm does his disappearing trick again, Tsadok looks down as if, Here we go again.

As Nymm explains what he saw and heard. I don't know about it being fun. But I suggest a plan would be the better course of action. Need to catch them by surprise and inflict a mass of damage to them. Or atleast cause confusion.

And with the thoughts expressed to the group, Tsadok starts to look about the room. Mainly because I can't remember what's in there

Looks like you two are agreeing on ambush. And I don't have to ask Nyym how he feels about taking that route. Kyt smiles as she continues. So the question now is how do we best go about setting up this ambush?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Awakened Bloodrager (Fire) 9; AC 23/14/21; 80/85 hp; F12 R8 W9; Health: Healthy (0); Rage left: 38-4+1/38; Spells left: 3/3, 1/1; Effects: Endure Elements (heat only), Wyrmsbreath 0 pts, Remaining healing: 20, 19, 12

"If I was hunting elk, I would be studying their habits so I could wait along their trail and take them by surprise. Perhaps that approach will work here."

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45
Liesel-Marie Frostvale wrote:
"If I was hunting elk, I would be studying their habits so I could wait along their trail and take them by surprise. Perhaps that approach will work here."

Kyt nods in sage agreement with the Erutaki. Then that should be a task left to Nyym. He has the means available of doing so.

She then says to the unseen half-drow: Observe only, then report back. Do not engage if it can be avoided.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half Drow init +6/ hp 35 [35]/ ac 18/ t 14/ ff 13/ fort +4/ ref +9/ wil +6/ perc +6/ stealth +11/ athletics 0/ b2h +3/ lore engineering +2/ finesse +11/ ki pool 7 kinetic shinobi (fading shadow) /4

After delivering his report, Nyym stuck around briefly. But unbeknownst to the others, Nyym took full advantage to slip back up the stairs as he needed to get back on the trail of the 2 giant orcs. After he reached the top of the stairs, he moved off in the direction he last saw them depart in. Once he had moved to where they had exited, he stopped and listened to accertain any threats and possibly directions, hiding places, and traps.

They gonna gonna wanna kill me when they realize I didn't stick around. But gotta hunt while the trail is hot.

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45
Nyym wrote:

After delivering his report, Nyym stuck around briefly. But unbeknownst to the others, Nyym took full advantage to slip back up the stairs as he needed to get back on the trail of the 2 giant orcs. After he reached the top of the stairs, he moved off in the direction he last saw them depart in. Once he had moved to where they had exited, he stopped and listened to accertain any threats and possibly directions, hiding places, and traps.

They gonna gonna wanna kill me when they realize I didn't stick around. But gotta hunt while the trail is hot.

DM Blayde MacRonan wrote:
Liesel-Marie Frostvale wrote:
"If I was hunting elk, I would be studying their habits so I could wait along their trail and take them by surprise. Perhaps that approach will work here."

Kyt nods in sage agreement with the Erutaki. Then that should be a task left to Nyym. He has the means available of doing so.

She then says to the unseen half-drow: Observe only, then report back. Do not engage if it can be avoided.

When she didn't receive the snarky comment usually given by Nyym, Kyt shakes her head, laughing in the process. He buggered off before I could say anything. Thinks it'll give him 'plausible deniability' should anything happen while he's away. And we just enable his behavior by constantly bailing him out whatever trouble he lands us in.

The elf glances back over at Liesel-Marie. But, I guess he wouldn't be Nyym if he constantly played it safe. Though it would be nice if he did that more often.

Kyt isn't really expecting any response from the Erutaki. She is just stating the obvious. That Nyym is Nyym.

Even if someday it will eventually get them into trouble that the members of Team Ruby wouldn't be able to fight their way out of.

Nyym wrote:
perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

The only threat that Nyym has to worry about are the caged pair of manticores in the room that the sons of Karrguk entered to reach both the hill giant chieftain and her general.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half Drow init +6/ hp 35 [35]/ ac 18/ t 14/ ff 13/ fort +4/ ref +9/ wil +6/ perc +6/ stealth +11/ athletics 0/ b2h +3/ lore engineering +2/ finesse +11/ ki pool 7 kinetic shinobi (fading shadow) /4

Nyym moves over to inspect the door that Team Ruby had agreed to lock so as not to have to deal with the Manticores. As this was where the to Giant sized Orcs went. Nyym felt a chill as he realized the obvious.

Well they said they were going to the General and Giant. It just has to be this door.. But of course it did..

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

Dark Archive

Male kaiju dungeon master; hp 697 Healthy/522 Grazed/348 Wounded/174 Critical/-15 hp Disabled (fast healing 30); AC 48, T 8, FF 43; F +34, Ref +25, Will +23; Init +9; Perc +45
Nyym wrote:

Nyym moves over to inspect the door that Team Ruby had agreed to lock so as not to have to deal with the Manticores. As this was where the to Giant sized Orcs went. Nyym felt a chill as he realized the obvious.

Well they said they were going to the General and Giant. It just has to be this door.. But of course it did..

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

Upon examining the door, Nyym notices that a section of it id missing (specifically, portion where the lock and handle were) has been subjected a great deal of concentrated force from the other side. In layman's terms, someone busted out the lock and handle. Remarkably, the door itself is still on its hinges and can still be opened (or closed).

2,101 to 2,150 of 2,180 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Blayde MacRonan's Of Aeons and Giants: The Continuing Adventures of Team Ruby (Private Campaign, Closed Recruitment) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.