[SFS] Skitter Shot - GM bigboom (Inactive)

Game Master bigboom

Maps & Slides
Pregen Sheets


151 to 200 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

"Quonx" Female CG Skittermander Scholar Mechanic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Low Light Vision; Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Am I allowed to make a engineering check to try to shut down the massage table while Quonx is being grappled by it? If so I'll do the following.

Quonx suddenly realizes, Wait I can just turn this thing off can't I?"

Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

If the grappled condition gives you a -1 to Dex based skill checks and being fatigued does also does that mean you take a -2 on your Acrobatics roll to escape?

How many stamina points does inspiring boost give back?


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

While grappled, you (or any creature) will have only one hand free. As far as I can tell, you'll need at least two hands to properly execute an engineering disable device roll. I'll assume the engineering roll was an acrobatics escape attempt. Gaz's IB will restore 8SP

Dakoyo telepathically directs a few random nuts and bolts straight at the table, hitting it!! But unfortunately not with enough force to cause any damage!

Gaz wriggles and squirm and despite the exhaustion, he manages to wrestle himself free of the table!!! Huzzah!!

With Gaz clear of the table, Nako swings once! Twice! And he successfully hits the stationary table, causing a total of 4 points of damage!!

Quonx also tries to wriggle his way out of the table's grasp but is held firm!!

Gaz, Nako: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Table vs KAC+8, grapple: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Damage, non-lethal: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
The table Gaz escaped from once again tries to grab Gaz but this time around, being highly motivated not to continue getting a massage, Gaz quickly dodges the grabby table arms!

Quonx Table vs KAC+8, maintain: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Damage, non-lethal: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
The far table, however, manages to maintain it's hold on Quonx, squeezing and pulling and rubbing and tugging him for another 5 points of damage!

The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Gazigaz (-12SP, -1RP, fatigued)
Nako (-2HP, -2RP)
Quonx (-5SP, -1RP, grappled, fatigued)
Dakoyo

Massage table One (-12HP)
Massage table Two (Quonx grappled)


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear
Scottybobotti wrote:
If the grappled condition gives you a -1 to Dex based skill checks and being fatigued does also does that mean you take a -2 on your Acrobatics roll to escape?

Fatigued gives a -1. Grappled gives a -2 which doesn't apply when trying to escape.


"Nako" Female NG skittermander spacefarer soldier 2 | HP 15/16 SP 18/18 | RP 2/5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; low-light vision | Speed 35ft | Active conditions: None.

"SO this is engineering!"

Ember Flame Doshko Atk: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 = 7 v EAC
Ember Flame Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Ember Flame Doshko Atk: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 4 = 12 v EAC
Ember Flame Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

As she continues to swing and smash.


"Quonx" Female CG Skittermander Scholar Mechanic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Low Light Vision; Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!"

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

"Bad table!" Now free from the massage table, Gaz draws his arc pistol and fires wildly on the table that previous held him.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 4 = 4
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 4 = 5
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 14/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Feeling pretty helpless, Dakoyo just looks on, offering advice.

"Left... go Left."

acrobatics(aid): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Quonx, unless I'm missing something, you're suffering only a -1 to acrobatics currently due to the fatigued condition. It looks to me like you're applying -5? By the way, the Acrobatics DC to escape the table is 16.

Having decided that she likes engineering work afterall, Nako swings at the table twice but only one swing connects with a vulnerable arm joint, smashing it for 2 points of damage!

Dakoyo tries to encourage Quonx by giving a few pointers regarding which way to go to escape the clutches of massage death but the advice doesn't register as Quonx struggles helplessly to get away from the table!!

Gaz, horribly traumatized from his spa experience, fires twice at the table but the trauma of it all throws his shots off!

Gaz, Nako, Dakoyo: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Table vs KAC+8, grapple: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Damage, non-lethal: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
This time, the near table attempts to grab Nako but misses!! All the damage suffered thus far must be starting to affect the arm servos!!

Quonx Table vs KAC+8, maintain: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Damage, non-lethal: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
After all the writhing and struggling, the far table finally loses its grip on Quonx. Quonx is free!!

The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Gazigaz (-12SP, -1RP, fatigued)
Nako (-2HP, -2RP)
Quonx (-5SP, -1RP, fatigued)
Dakoyo

Massage table One (-14HP)
Massage table Two

The tides... they appear to be turning! Will our intrepid skittermander crew be able to take advantage of the formidable tables' lapse in massage power?!?!?


"Nako" Female NG skittermander spacefarer soldier 2 | HP 15/16 SP 18/18 | RP 2/5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; low-light vision | Speed 35ft | Active conditions: None.

"Moar Engineering!"

Ember Flame Doshko Atk: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 = 7 v EAC
Ember Flame Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Ember Flame Doshko Atk: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 4 = 23 v EAC
Ember Flame Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Ember Flame Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

"I Fixed it!"


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Nako swings down hard and smashes the massage table in two! The moving arms and blinky lights all cease to operate due to Nako's success at engineering her own version of an off button!

With the near table in pieces and the center table disabled, the only table left active is the far table that Quonx is currently next to!


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 14/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Dakoyo, feeling less than helpful, looks on at The Boss with concern. He quickly approaches the vesk to see what type of condition he is in.


"Quonx" Female CG Skittermander Scholar Mechanic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Low Light Vision; Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Exhausted from her massage session, Quonx nonetheless scrambles as far away from the massage table that assaulted her as she can. Her arms heavy and shaking, she still manages to bring her laser rifle up to a ready position. Using her exocortex she overcharges the laser coil on her rifle and opens fire.

Laser Rifle vs. Massage Table 2 EAC: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 1 = 15

Overcharged Fire Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (4) = 7


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Gaz tries to step away from the last massage table then shoots at it with her pistol.

Attack vs EAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Oh sorry!! I had a post written up 24 hours ago and I thought I had posted it yesterday. But I checked today and see that it's not up. I must have hit the wrong button or closed the window by accident. Apologies for the 24 hour delay folks!!

You all back away a safe distance from the far table, out of the reach of its arms and then begin to unload all your weapons fire from a distance at the poor, poor machine who only ever wanted to bring relaxation and joy to its clients. But alas, a sad and tragic ending for a simple common massage table....

After the table is reduced to rubble, you exit out of the room back into the hallway where Nakonechkin is slumped over from his ordeal.

“Quasar’s light, that machine nearly massaged me to death! Thanks fuzzballs, you saved my tail.” Nakonechkin snorts. “We aren’t done here, though! If you’re up to it, you should head to the bridge and see if we still can’t bring this hunk of junk home. Trendsetter will probably fork over a sizeable chunk of credits to keep this quiet.”

You may also rest and heal up as desired.

Current Status:

Gazigaz (-12SP, -1RP, fatigued)
Nako (-2HP, -2RP)
Quonx (-5SP, -1RP, fatigued)
Dakoyo (not a scratch! We'll have to do something about that...)


"Quonx" Female CG Skittermander Scholar Mechanic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Low Light Vision; Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Quonx slumps against the closest wall and drops all her weapons and items she was holding. 10 minute rest

"That massage table was not relaxing at all."

I thought Lesser Remove Condition would heal fatigue, but I guess it doesn't. The only way to get rid of fatigue is to rest for 8 hours?


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Gaz joins Quonx tries to get her to play six-armed thumb war while they rest. 10 minute rest

"Nakonechkin, did you meet Voryna? She's nufriend. We try to help her too."


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 14/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Hello Nakonechkin" says Dakoyo happily. "We were heading down to engineering to try and stop the ships problems. Do you want us to go to the bridge first?"


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

"No! Those massage tables were not! I thought it was the end of the line for me till you furries showed up!

"Voryna? Who's that? You mean there are other people on the ship? Some doors were jammed shut so I didn't look inside. And once I got to this table of death room, well, you know what happened next!

"Well, with people on board, the payday from Trendsetter will be even higher!! Where are they?

"And yes, furballs! Hit up the bridge. Take control of the ship. And CHA-CHING!!"


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Even in his weakened state, Nakonechkin appears excited at the prospect of earning some cold hard creds. He has that dreamy look in his eyes whenever there's money to be made - which, incidentally, Dakoyo sometimes incorrectly (or correctly?) interprets as an illness...


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 14/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"You coming with us boss?" asks a concerned looking Dakoyo.

"I mean, you don't look the best after that table... maybe you should sit down and take ten?". Dakoyo advances, stethoscope in hand and listens to the vesk's chest for a moment or two.


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Gaz frowns a bit. "Nakonechkin want take ship? Voryna say ship broken. Computer broken. Skittermanders try to fix, but boss want broken ship?"


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

"Go with you fuzzes? By quasar! No way! I'm beat. I'll go talk to these people you mentioned and get our stories lined up. I smell a pay day for us all!

"That's right Gaz! We take this ship back to Trendsetter and they'll pa.... Hey wait I already explained it to you! Nevermind! Just trust me! You DO want to be helpful, don't you??? Yes? Then off you go you fuzzbombs! Get to the bridge, figure out the situation and you'll all soon be binging furballs... Err... Blingfur... Uhhh.. Furbling... Uh. Blingballs!! Yah, that's the ticket!"

Unless you have anything else to add, he will go to find Vornya and the rest of the passengers.


"Nako" Female NG skittermander spacefarer soldier 2 | HP 15/16 SP 18/18 | RP 2/5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; low-light vision | Speed 35ft | Active conditions: None.

"Right! You heard the boss, Maggots! ...that is vesk for besties... Let's get to the bridge"


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

You head fore to the bridge but find the door locked! After spending a bit of time overriding it (with a few inconsequential engineering checks), the door hisses open. Consoles and monitors line the walls and the ceiling of this small bridge. Viewscreens show various angles of space just outside the exterior of the ship, and displays note the ship’s oxygen levels, internal temperatures, power output, hull strength, and the status of other systems. The entire bridge appears far more austere than what you would normally expect.

However, the most prominent feature on the bridge that INSTANTLY catches your attention is some kind of half-dead looking creature with a variety of cybernetic implants that moves to attack you!!!

"Skitter BRAAAAAAAAINZZZZZZZ!!!!!"

Image revealed in slides and map updated.

Combat Initiated!!!

Initiative:
Initiative, Dakoyo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Initiative, Gazigaz: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Initiative, Nako: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Initiative, Quonx: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Initiative, Zombie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Nako,Dako: 1d2 ⇒ 2
integrated static arc pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Electric Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
The creature lifts its arm and fires a beam of electricity out, striking Dakoyo for 5 points of damage!!!

Round 1
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Zombie
Nako (-2HP, -2RP)
Gazigaz (-2RP, fatigued)
Dakoyo (-5SP)
Quonx (-2RP, fatigued)


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

"OK, Boss! We help!" Gaz waves after Nakonechkin as he departs.

He turns around to skittle after the others who are opening the door to the bridge. "Hey! He looks mean! Get 'em!" he calls out. He points his arc pistol at the zombie and fires.

Get 'em on the zombie

EAC Attack (cover, get 'em): 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


"Quonx" Female CG Skittermander Scholar Mechanic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Low Light Vision; Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Quonx wearily gets up and moves toward the bridge with the rest of the team.

"I think I need a nap."

As they approach they door to the bridge she once again takes up her laser rifle, reloading it as she goes, survival knife, and a healing potion in her hands.

When the door opens to the bridge and she sees the zombie her natural skittermander tendency to be hyper kicks in and she springs into action.

"Wow, your ugly."

Quonx quickly scrambles behind a chair and lines up a shot on the zombie. Her combat tracker locks onto her target giving her the correct firing solution to maximize damage and before she pulls the trigger on her rifle she uses her exocortex to overcharge the laser coil so the shot uses three times the energy it normally would.

Laser Rifle vs. EAC: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 7

Fire Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + (3) = 11

Used the hyper ability to take two move actions which allowed Quonx to use her combat tracker, move, and overcharge her rifle in one round.


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 14/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Ouch!" says a startled Dakoyo.

"Excuse me, but did you realise you look more dead than alive?" he asks. "Maybe that explains your presumptory use of lethal force."

He smiles. "But I can fix that!"

He twirls his stethoscope around, and a lose log book flies through the air narrowly missing hitting the cyborg in the head.

TP: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
B damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Nako moves right up to the monstrosity and attempts to assist it all the way to full death!

ember flame doshko: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Fire damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Gazigaz's attack seems to do a tad bit more damage as you see the electric bolt whiz back and forth between the creature's cybernetic implants.

Dakoyo and Quonx's attacks miss!

But Nako's mighty doshko bites into the creature!!

The creature responds with full on slam attack against Nako!
slam vs KAC: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 4 = 21
Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
slam vs KAC: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 4 = 22
Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

And both attacks hit Nako with devastating effectiveness for 21 points of damage!!

Round 2
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Zombie (-8HP)
Nako (-18HP, -5HP, -2RP)
Gazigaz (-2RP, fatigued)
Dakoyo (-5SP)
Quonx (-2RP, fatigued)


"Quonx" Female CG Skittermander Scholar Mechanic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Low Light Vision; Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Quonx has a grim look of determination in her eye as she pours laser fire into the space zombie.

Overcharge rifle again, Nako is blocking Quonx's line of sight so the zombie gets a cover bonus of +4.

Laser Rifle vs. EAC: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 7

Fire Damage 1: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (2) = 7


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 14/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Dakoyo continues to twirl his stethoscope around his finger as a flight manual flies through the air...

TP vs KAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
And totally miss the zombie.


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Gaz scolds the zombie after it hits Nako. "Bad thing! No hurt Nako! Get' em with allsix!"

Inspiring Boost on Nako. Get 'em on the zombie


"Nako" Female NG skittermander spacefarer soldier 2 | HP 15/16 SP 18/18 | RP 2/5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; low-light vision | Speed 35ft | Active conditions: None.

Nako seeing the creature does her own full attack. "You are stinky and bad!"

Ember Flame Doshko Atk: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 = 7 v EAC
Ember Flame Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Ember Flame Doshko Atk: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 4 = 9 v EAC
Ember Flame Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


"Quonx" Female CG Skittermander Scholar Mechanic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Low Light Vision; Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Unfortunately even with Get'em my attack roll is a still an 8. The dice gods did us no favors this round.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Yah, the dice gods have not been kind...

Gaz successfully inspires Nako, healing her for 8SP!

But unfortunately, the horrific appearance of this creature throws everyone off guard as Nako, Dakoyo and Quonx's attacks all miss!

The creature responds with full on slam attack against Nako!
slam vs KAC: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 4 = 7
Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
slam vs KAC: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 4 = 20
Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

The first attack completely misses Nako but the second one lands for 8 points of damage!!

Round 3
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Zombie (-8HP)
Nako (-18HP, -5HP, -2RP)
Gazigaz (-2RP, fatigued)
Dakoyo (-5SP)
Quonx (-2RP, fatigued)


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 14/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Frustrated by his lack of success, but fascinated by the play of light off his stethoscope, Dakoyo grins to himself. Taking the antique instrument in hand, he uses it to reflect light into the zombies eyes.

Casts Daze, will DC 14


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Gaz stomps his feet at the creature as it hurts Nako again. He moves up and shoots it with his arc pistol again.

EAC Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


"Nako" Female NG skittermander spacefarer soldier 2 | HP 15/16 SP 18/18 | RP 2/5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; low-light vision | Speed 35ft | Active conditions: None.

Indigent of the smelly undead creature, Nako swings furriously

Ember Flame Doshko Atk: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 4 = 18 v EAC
Ember Flame Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Ember Flame Doshko Atk: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 4 = 22 v EAC
Ember Flame Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


"Quonx" Female CG Skittermander Scholar Mechanic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Low Light Vision; Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Quonx overcharges her laser rifle again and takes another shot at the space zombie.

Laser Rifle vs. EAC: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 22

Overcharged Fire Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (3) = 9

Zombie still have +4 cover bonus from Nako being in front of it.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Dakoyo casts daze on the creature but it doesn't appear to even register on the creature that anything was attempted upon it...

Everyone else, however, unleashes a flurry of attacks and gunfire upon the creature!!! Zap Zap!! 4 points of damage from Gaz!! Pew! Pew!! 9 points of damage from Quonx!! Slice Slash!!! 17 points of damage from Nako!!

Our intrepid crew of skittermanders, this round, are the very definition of the words 'beat down!!'

The creature looks like it's about to slump over but it retaliates with every bit of strength it has left will a full attack!!!!
slam vs KAC: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 4 = 6
Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
slam vs KAC: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 4 = 10
Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

However, the beat down it just took completely disorients it as it swings at Nako but hits nothing but air!!!

Round 4
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Zombie (-38HP)
Nako (-18HP, -5HP, -2RP)
Gazigaz (-2RP, fatigued)
Dakoyo (-5SP)
Quonx (-2RP, fatigued)


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

"It almost broke! Pew Pew more!" Gaz shouts as he shoots at it again.

EAC Attack (Get 'em, fatigued): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Gaz's pistol shot hits the creature and it goes down, convulsing with electric shocks... And a split second later it explodes in an electrical burst catching Nako and Gaz in its blast!!!
Electric Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Nako and Gaz take 9 points of electric damage but a DC12 reflex reduces it to 4.

Combat Concluded

Current Status:
Nako (-18SP, -5HP, -2RP, DC12 reflex to take half damage)
Gazigaz (-2RP, fatigued, DC12 reflex to take half damage)
Dakoyo (-5SP)
Quonx (-2RP, fatigued)

As the dust settles, you look around the bridge and see may of the displays switch over to display a slowly rotating Trendsetters Excursions logo, which is accompanied by a woman’s soothing voice. This is the same voice you heard over the ship’s intercom system earlier.

“Perhaps you aren’t really someone’s escaped pets after all. Then you are new passengers? You must be aboard the Emerald Empyrean to relax! That’s the only reason for anyone to be here! Unless… if you aren’t here to relax, then you are an impediment to the relaxation of my true passengers, and you must be eliminated!”

The lights in the bridge turn red and the screens return to normal.

DC12 Computers or Engineering:
Looking over the console, you recognize that the controls are locked and you have no chance of controlling the ship.

If your computer/engineering roll was 17 or higher, then read this spoiler:

Spoiler:
You determine that control of the ship can be reestablished by rebooting the computer core, which is most likely located on the engineering deck.

Searching around, you find nothing else useful on the bridge and the creature remains don't contain anything salvageable.

Feel free to rest, heal up, or take any other actions. I assume when you're ready, the team will take the stairs down to the next level.
I've revealed the map for that level in the slides. Just let me know which way you want to go next!


"Quonx" Female CG Skittermander Scholar Mechanic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Low Light Vision; Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Quonx plugs her datajack into the ship's computer allowing her to use her custom rig to access it's database.

Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

"We can't take back control of ship's flight computer from here. These older version of the the computer core..." Quonx goes on a rant about the technical specs of this particular computer core for 5 straight minutes. "We can take back control of the ship if we can get to the engineering deck and reboot the computer core."

Glancing down at the remains of the space zombie Quonx murmurs, "Gaz's last shot really fried all the circuits on that thing. There's nothing left to salvage."


"Nako" Female NG skittermander spacefarer soldier 2 | HP 15/16 SP 18/18 | RP 2/5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; low-light vision | Speed 35ft | Active conditions: None.

Nako takes another breather while Quonx pokes at the computer. She also takes one of her healing serums.

Healing Serum mk 1: 1d8 ⇒ 4


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 14/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Good thinking Nako. You sure look like you need a rest." admonisters Dakoyo.

He carefully inspects the other Skittermanders, decides there is nothing too wrong with them, and then gets distracted by the view of the stars.


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Reflex Save (fatigued): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 1 = 9

Gaz takes the full brunt of the electricity from the exploding zombie. His fur is singed and standing straight up. He joins Nako and pulls out his hand mirror to examine himself. With a start at his appearance, the skittermander quickly pulls out several grooming items and begins to work his green fur. 10 minute rest

"Go again to fix ship?"


Botting Nako's reflex save

Reflex Save DC12: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Current Status:
Nako (-5HP, -3RP)
Gazigaz (-3RP, fatigued)
Dakoyo (-5SP)
Quonx (-2RP, fatigued)

Alrighty! Note that Dakoyo is still down by 5SP and Nako is down by 5HP. Please state if you perform anymore healing or take any other actions. Otherwise, I'll assume you all head down the stairs...

Down below on the engineering level, you see various corridors. Locke (the crew member you healed earlier in the bar & restaurant) mentioned that the computer core lies behind a secret door. Once you arrive at this level, you recognize that the secret door is straight to the aft from where you are now standing.

Where would you like to go next?


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 14/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Well... it would only be polite.... to knock and enter." suggests Dakoyo. He offers a little bow for Nako. Then, concern on his face, he offers her a blessing.

"May the stars shine on your fur."
mystic cure: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Gazigaz nods at Dakoyo's excellent suggestion. He walks up to the not-so-secret door and knocks politely. "Hellllllloooo? Is anyone inside?" He looks around the door for a way to open it.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

151 to 200 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.