GM WhtKnt's The Mad Mage of Undermountain

Game Master WhtKnt

Undermountain, a gargantuan dungeon complex beneath the jewel of the Realms, Waterdeep! It is a place of adventure, danger, mystery, and according to at least one well-known sage, "the largest mass grave in Faerun." Can you survive the secrets and mysteries of Undermountain? Or will you become another forgotten victim of the Mad Mage Halaster? Only time will tell.

Ulgat Alegranite: HP 46/46, AC 18/19, Init +1, Percep +5 (15) darkvision
Kertak: HP 26/36, AC 18, Init +1, Percep +7 (17)
Fornitado: HP 15/22, AC 12 (15 w/mage armor), Init +2, Percep +0 (10) darkvision
Varis Matrel: HP 43/43, AC 14, Init +3, Percep +10 (20) darkvision
Elise Wardyn: HP 57/57, AC 20, Init +1, Percep +5 (15)

Current XP: 6500


201 to 250 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

♀ Human Human Paladin [Devotion] 5 of Helm, AC 20, HP 57/57, Init +1, Saves S+3, D+1, C+4, Int +1, W+5, C+8, Spell 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 Appearance

Taking a step back, Elise shakes her head as the skeleton responds to Fortinado "Well, that is a little cryptic... and creepy."

As Varis makes a small person joke towards Ulgat, Elise whistles and gives a look to Fortinado that says Here we go... I'm staying out of this one.

Mumbling to herself the word dweomercore a few times, Elise turns to the others "Wait, spell theft? Isn't a dweomer just another word for spell or magic? Is it possible that dweomercore is just some sort of magic... I dunno, boot camp. Might explain how Gloom here was accused of theft." Elise shrugged, it was a bit of stretch, but it was the first thing that came to her mind.


Dwarf Male Dwarf Male N Fighter[Champion] 5th HP 46/46, AC 18/19, Init +1, Percep +5 (15) darkvision S:+6 D:+1C:+6 I:-1 W:+0 Ch:-2

Ulgat looks about the place and chuckles.' So a spellcaster got caught stealin' thrown in here and killed by someone, and me kin took his heart. Intrestin'" he says running his hand through his beard.


Male, Darkvision 60'; Sell Slots: (1) 4/3, (2) 3/2; (3) 2/2; Sorcery Points 5/5 (Careful Spell/Quickened spell) Half-Elf Sorcerer (Wild Magic) / 5: AC 12(15); HP 22/18; S-1,D+2,C+3,I+2, W+0, C+6; Init +2; PP-10; PI-15

Fornitado takes a moment to sketch down the words before moving on. "Perhaps more shall be revealed as we venture forth".


Male N Half-Elf Bard (College of Lore) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 14 | Init: +3 | Pass Perc: 19 | Saves: STR +0 DEX +5 CON +2 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA +7 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 3 / 2nd 3 / 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Varis nods "Agreed."

Seeing the closed door Varis again propped his ear against to listen for sound and checked the door for traps.

Investigation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

If nothing is noticed Varis will open the door.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Varis hears nothing and opens the door. Two stone pillars with a 10-foot-wide arch between them support the 20-foot-high ceiling. Near the base of each pillar are humanoid skeletal remains. There is a door on the north side of the room.


Male Human Cleric (5) of Ilmater AC - 18 HP 26 (36) Init +1 Saves: +3Str +1Dex +2Con -1Int +7Wis +5Cha Spell Slots - 1st Level 3/4 2nd Level 2/3 3rd Level 2/2

"This is quite disconcerting...," murmurs Kertak. "Every way we turn. No enemies confronting us, but plenty of signs they're about."

He waits for the others to enter the room before joining them in the doorway, continuing his practise of keeping look out back the way the party has come.


Dwarf Male Dwarf Male N Fighter[Champion] 5th HP 46/46, AC 18/19, Init +1, Percep +5 (15) darkvision S:+6 D:+1C:+6 I:-1 W:+0 Ch:-2

"Eh its a little more dangerous than the city, At least what I've heard. Possibly gets worse further down. Not really my er..forte'. So just keep alert and if they ain't with us most likely they are against us" he says all gruff as he looks around weapons in hand ready to fight when called upon.


Male N Half-Elf Bard (College of Lore) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 14 | Init: +3 | Pass Perc: 19 | Saves: STR +0 DEX +5 CON +2 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA +7 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 3 / 2nd 3 / 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

"Yes, there appears to be a pattern of corpses in each room." Varis says as he searches the room.

Investigation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

A search of the room reveals nothing beyond what was visible in a cursory glance.

Intelligence (Medicine) (DC15):
The skeletons are those of orcs.


Male Human Cleric (5) of Ilmater AC - 18 HP 26 (36) Init +1 Saves: +3Str +1Dex +2Con -1Int +7Wis +5Cha Spell Slots - 1st Level 3/4 2nd Level 2/3 3rd Level 2/2

Kertak enters the room behind Varis, focussing on the remains.

Medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Male, Darkvision 60'; Sell Slots: (1) 4/3, (2) 3/2; (3) 2/2; Sorcery Points 5/5 (Careful Spell/Quickened spell) Half-Elf Sorcerer (Wild Magic) / 5: AC 12(15); HP 22/18; S-1,D+2,C+3,I+2, W+0, C+6; Init +2; PP-10; PI-15

"Is this a Mausoleum? Seem to be a lot of remains interred here. Let's try to keep from joining them shall we"?


♀ Human Human Paladin [Devotion] 5 of Helm, AC 20, HP 57/57, Init +1, Saves S+3, D+1, C+4, Int +1, W+5, C+8, Spell 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 Appearance

Approaching the skeletons cautiously, Elise moved in beside Kertak and to inspect them and determine perhaps how they died... or what they were.

Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Frowning, her facing betraying some disdain, Elise shook her head "Orcs, no mistaking it. I've seen enough dead orcs to know." Looking back towards the others, Elise sighs "There are a lot remains here; and I agree, let's not add our bones to the collection."


Male N Half-Elf Bard (College of Lore) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 14 | Init: +3 | Pass Perc: 19 | Saves: STR +0 DEX +5 CON +2 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA +7 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 3 / 2nd 3 / 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

“Let’s continue on then shall we?”
Varis continued to check the door to the north before opening it.
Investigation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Dwarf Male Dwarf Male N Fighter[Champion] 5th HP 46/46, AC 18/19, Init +1, Percep +5 (15) darkvision S:+6 D:+1C:+6 I:-1 W:+0 Ch:-2

"Good riddance" Ulgat says in a gruff tone happy that these bodies were orcs. Serves them right!

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Varis checks the north door, finding it unlocked and apparently untrapped. A short passage goes north to a door on the west wall. Varis checs this one as well and finding it unlocked and not trapped, opens it to reveal another passage going north. You follow this one about 45 feet where it intersects with a passage from the east.

Looking east, the corridor has a door on the south wall and what appears to be an opening on the north wall, opposite the door. The passage also continues to the north where it once again is intersected from the east and continues north beyond that point.

Investigation Varis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male N Half-Elf Bard (College of Lore) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 14 | Init: +3 | Pass Perc: 19 | Saves: STR +0 DEX +5 CON +2 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA +7 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 3 / 2nd 3 / 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Varis moves along the wall of the corridor to the east and checks the door as usual before opening it.

Investigation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

The door is unlocked and does not seem to be trapped. But before Varis can open the portal, a sound from the northern opening further along the passage attracts his attention. Someone is chanting "Nimraith! Nimraith! Nimraith!" The voices (plural) come from the opening to the north.


Male, Darkvision 60'; Sell Slots: (1) 4/3, (2) 3/2; (3) 2/2; Sorcery Points 5/5 (Careful Spell/Quickened spell) Half-Elf Sorcerer (Wild Magic) / 5: AC 12(15); HP 22/18; S-1,D+2,C+3,I+2, W+0, C+6; Init +2; PP-10; PI-15

Fornitado quickly armors himself. Mage Armor And turns to see what's making the strange noises.

Can Fornitado translate what they're saying?


Male N Half-Elf Bard (College of Lore) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 14 | Init: +3 | Pass Perc: 19 | Saves: STR +0 DEX +5 CON +2 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA +7 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 3 / 2nd 3 / 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Just as he was about to open the door Varis was startled hearing the chanting from the north. Signalling to his companions, he stealthily moved to the hallway to peer down it.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Dwarf Male Dwarf Male N Fighter[Champion] 5th HP 46/46, AC 18/19, Init +1, Percep +5 (15) darkvision S:+6 D:+1C:+6 I:-1 W:+0 Ch:-2

Ulgat holds up his weapons a hammer and a pick.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Peeking around the corner, Varis sees two goblins using a human skeleton as a puppet and having it "dance". Fornitado, Nimraith seems to be a name, not a foreign word.


Male N Half-Elf Bard (College of Lore) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 14 | Init: +3 | Pass Perc: 19 | Saves: STR +0 DEX +5 CON +2 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA +7 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 3 / 2nd 3 / 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Varis points a finger at Elise and casts Whisper. "Goblins... I'll check them out, you guys hold back. And stay quiet."

The party sees Varis close his eyes and utter an incantation then disappear before their eyes.

Varis casts Invisibility - Duration 1 hour. With a long duration Varis will scout out as much as he can in this area without opening any doors.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Dwarf Male Dwarf Male N Fighter[Champion] 5th HP 46/46, AC 18/19, Init +1, Percep +5 (15) darkvision S:+6 D:+1C:+6 I:-1 W:+0 Ch:-2

Ulgat shrugs and whirls his weapons waiting for the scream so he can rush in and strike


Male Human Cleric (5) of Ilmater AC - 18 HP 26 (36) Init +1 Saves: +3Str +1Dex +2Con -1Int +7Wis +5Cha Spell Slots - 1st Level 3/4 2nd Level 2/3 3rd Level 2/2

Kertak also readies his weapon, looking to Elise for word as he waits to see what Varis has planned.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Varis:
Sneaking into the room, you see two goblins making a human skeleton "dance" for the entertainment of four other goblins, who are watching and chanting "Nim-raith!" As you watch, a door to the north opens and a larger, much hairier goblin looks in. It says, "ਹਾਏ, ਤੁਸੀਂ ਵੀ! ਚੌਕਸ ਰਹੋ. ਘੁਸਪੈਠੀਏ ਖੇਤਰ ਵਿੱਚ ਹਨ."


Male, Darkvision 60'; Sell Slots: (1) 4/3, (2) 3/2; (3) 2/2; Sorcery Points 5/5 (Careful Spell/Quickened spell) Half-Elf Sorcerer (Wild Magic) / 5: AC 12(15); HP 22/18; S-1,D+2,C+3,I+2, W+0, C+6; Init +2; PP-10; PI-15

Fornitado limbers up his fingers in preparation of upcoming doom casting.


♀ Human Human Paladin [Devotion] 5 of Helm, AC 20, HP 57/57, Init +1, Saves S+3, D+1, C+4, Int +1, W+5, C+8, Spell 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 Appearance

Elise gives the signal to the others to be prepared, but to hold back until further notice upon Varis' instruction. Looking back in his direction, she nods to confirm his plan before watching him disappear for the moment.

Good luck Varis.


Male N Half-Elf Bard (College of Lore) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 14 | Init: +3 | Pass Perc: 19 | Saves: STR +0 DEX +5 CON +2 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA +7 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 3 / 2nd 3 / 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Varis is disturbed as he watches the foul Goblins play with a human skeleton as if it were a toy. Still being invisible Varis moves around the thin wall to the east to see what lies beyond before reporting back to his companions.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Varis:
Behind the thin wall to the east, another larger, hairier goblin cautiously waits with morning star in hand. This one turns and sniffs the air, then looks right at you! His gaze lingers for a few seconds before he turns away again.

The group hears a new voice speaking from around the corner, a deep, throaty voice. "ਹਾਏ, ਤੁਸੀਂ ਵੀ! ਚੌਕਸ ਰਹੋ. ਘੁਸਪੈਠੀਏ ਖੇਤਰ ਵਿੱਚ ਹਨ." The chanting is replaced by silence.

Goblin:
"You lot be wary, there are intruders nearby."


Male N Half-Elf Bard (College of Lore) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 14 | Init: +3 | Pass Perc: 19 | Saves: STR +0 DEX +5 CON +2 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA +7 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 3 / 2nd 3 / 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Insight: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Varis moved back to his companions approaching Elise. Forgetting he could not be seen he put his hand on her shoulder startling her. ”oh right! Sorry about that.” He apologized. Whispering to everyone Varis said ”There’s 6 goblins In the next room with a bigger hairier version. Then in the room beside them there is another that is much uglier. I get the impression they may know we are here. The one could smell me and the others seem tense now. We should act fast if we want any element of surprise.”


Male, Darkvision 60'; Sell Slots: (1) 4/3, (2) 3/2; (3) 2/2; Sorcery Points 5/5 (Careful Spell/Quickened spell) Half-Elf Sorcerer (Wild Magic) / 5: AC 12(15); HP 22/18; S-1,D+2,C+3,I+2, W+0, C+6; Init +2; PP-10; PI-15

I hate blasting out AOE spells without a better idea of what I'm seeing... but here goes.

Fornitado steps forward. Let me notify them that we are indeed here... and hopefully not destroy anything of value.

Fornitado steps up quietly, and sends forth a ball of fire hopefully catching as many of the miscreants in the blast as possible.

8d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 4, 5, 3, 2, 1) = 19 Fiery death (DC 14 Dex for half damage)


♀ Human Human Paladin [Devotion] 5 of Helm, AC 20, HP 57/57, Init +1, Saves S+3, D+1, C+4, Int +1, W+5, C+8, Spell 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 Appearance

Startled as an invisible Varis placed his hand on her shoulder, Elise made sure to control her voice. "Six, and something much uglier; understood." Glancing back at the others with a nod, Elise added "Well then, let's get at it." Drawing her sword and holding up her shield, she made her way forward after Fornitado fired off his spell.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

The fireball blasts into the room and roasts the goblins, who fall without a whimper. It also badly singes the bugbear, who fails to avoid the effect. The wounded bugbear roars and charges, even as another comes around the corner! The wounded one swings at Fornitado with its morning star, slamming into the mage! (Fornitado suffers 12 points of damage!)

INITIATIVE
Bugbear 1
Kertak
Elise
Fornitado
Ulgat
Varis
Bugbear 2

Dice Rolls:
Bugbear Dex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Bugbear 1 Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Bugbear 2 Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Ulgat Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Kertak Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Fornitado Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Varis Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Elise Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Bugbear vs. Fornitado: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Damage: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 7) + 2 = 12


Dwarf Male Dwarf Male N Fighter[Champion] 5th HP 46/46, AC 18/19, Init +1, Percep +5 (15) darkvision S:+6 D:+1C:+6 I:-1 W:+0 Ch:-2

"Ah I love the smell of Fireballs in the morning" the dwarf says with a smile his scars pulling the flesh in a groww way as he twirls his weapons and heads in ready to strike


Male Human Cleric (5) of Ilmater AC - 18 HP 26 (36) Init +1 Saves: +3Str +1Dex +2Con -1Int +7Wis +5Cha Spell Slots - 1st Level 3/4 2nd Level 2/3 3rd Level 2/2

Seeing the bugbear's savage blow, Kertak steps up behind Fornitado. Being sure to leave room to withdraw to safety he places a hand on the half-elf and speaks a prayer.

"Best get behind me friend," he says as a surge of healing spreads through Fornitado's body.

Cure Wounds: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Dwarf Male Dwarf Male N Fighter[Champion] 5th HP 46/46, AC 18/19, Init +1, Percep +5 (15) darkvision S:+6 D:+1C:+6 I:-1 W:+0 Ch:-2

Ulgat will move into the closest bugbear and strike at it.

Warhammer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Hammer Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Warpick: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Pick Stick: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Warhammer Second strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Hammer Time: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
CRITICAL
Hammeer Double: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Male N Half-Elf Bard (College of Lore) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 14 | Init: +3 | Pass Perc: 19 | Saves: STR +0 DEX +5 CON +2 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA +7 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 3 / 2nd 3 / 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Watching the goblins burn and slump to the ground and not wanting to reveal himself yet Varis maneuvers back down the hall behind his companions, watching their backs.

Will take a dodge action in case anything happens. But since invisibility lasts an hour I might as well not cast anything to cancel it, since I believe we will be able to handle these guys easily enough now.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Kertak steps up and heals Fornitado, relieving some of the pain from the wound. Ulgat steps into the space vacated by Fornitado and slams the bugbear upside the head, splitting its skull. The bugbear sinks to the ground, dead. It's companion roars in rage and charges the party, swinging its morningstar at Ulgat! Ulgat's armor takes the blow and the dwarf is barely moved.

The party is up!

Dice Rolls:
Bugbear vs. Ulgat: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Damage: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 1) + 2 = 9

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Kertak steps up and heals Fornitado, relieving some of the pain from the wound. Ulgat steps into the space vacated by Fornitado and slams the bugbear upside the head, splitting its skull. The bugbear sinks to the ground, dead. It's companion roars in rage and charges the party, swinging its morningstar at Ulgat!

Dice Rolls:
Bugbear vs. Ulgat: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Damage: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 2 = 12


♀ Human Human Paladin [Devotion] 5 of Helm, AC 20, HP 57/57, Init +1, Saves S+3, D+1, C+4, Int +1, W+5, C+8, Spell 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 Appearance

Moving in to aid Ulgat with sword at the ready, Elise strikes the remaining Bugbear. Calm and cool under pressure, Elise only mutters "Ugly damned things..."

Longsword attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Longsword attack, 2nd attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Sorry for the delay posting, busy weekend!


Dwarf Male Dwarf Male N Fighter[Champion] 5th HP 46/46, AC 18/19, Init +1, Percep +5 (15) darkvision S:+6 D:+1C:+6 I:-1 W:+0 Ch:-2

Ulgat smiles as he attacks again"NYR DOCH!"

Hammer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Pick: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Hammer Again: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male, Darkvision 60'; Sell Slots: (1) 4/3, (2) 3/2; (3) 2/2; Sorcery Points 5/5 (Careful Spell/Quickened spell) Half-Elf Sorcerer (Wild Magic) / 5: AC 12(15); HP 22/18; S-1,D+2,C+3,I+2, W+0, C+6; Init +2; PP-10; PI-15

"Thanks for the healing friend. I forgot to step aside once I'd released my fire magic. Won't make that mistake again".

Fornitado steps back to let his more martial and bloodthirsty friends finish off the occupants, but ready to step in if his magic is required.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Ulgat and Elise move in on the bugbear, slashing and beating upon it, but it remains defiant, fighting back by attacking Ulgat with a vengeance but its anger clouds its judgment and the attack misses by a wide margin! But as you attack the bugbear, a host of goblins boils out of the door behind you and into the corridor!

Kertak and Elise are up!

INITIATIVE
Kertak
Elise
Goblin 1
Goblin 5
Fornitado
Ulgat
Goblin 7
Goblin 8
Goblin 3
Goblin 2
Varis
Bugbear
Goblin 4
Goblin 6
Goblin 9

Dice Rolls:
Bugbear vs. Ulgat: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Goblin 1 Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Goblin 2 Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Goblin 3 Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Goblin 4 Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Goblin 5 Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Goblin 6 Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Goblin 7 Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Goblin 8 Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Goblin 9 Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male, Darkvision 60'; Sell Slots: (1) 4/3, (2) 3/2; (3) 2/2; Sorcery Points 5/5 (Careful Spell/Quickened spell) Half-Elf Sorcerer (Wild Magic) / 5: AC 12(15); HP 22/18; S-1,D+2,C+3,I+2, W+0, C+6; Init +2; PP-10; PI-15

For some reason the map's not working for me right now.

Fornitado decides there is not enough odor of roasting goblin in the area, and decides to cook up some more. (Hopefully he can take many out without roasting some friends.

8d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 6, 4, 3, 5, 6, 3) = 31 Fireball (DC14 Reflex for half damage)

He then tries to find someone large and armored to put between himself and the worst of his enemies.


Dwarf Male Dwarf Male N Fighter[Champion] 5th HP 46/46, AC 18/19, Init +1, Percep +5 (15) darkvision S:+6 D:+1C:+6 I:-1 W:+0 Ch:-2

Ulgat will move in to put himself between the Goblins and the more squisher members of the party. AS he does he lashes out at the nearest goblin to strike

Warhammer strike1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Warhammer strike2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

War Pick: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Piercing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Human Cleric (5) of Ilmater AC - 18 HP 26 (36) Init +1 Saves: +3Str +1Dex +2Con -1Int +7Wis +5Cha Spell Slots - 1st Level 3/4 2nd Level 2/3 3rd Level 2/2

Cursing himself for leaving the rear of the party exposed, Kertak turns to the goblins pouring out to ambush the party. Lifting his shield and mace in preparation for battle, Kertak begins a prayer to Ilmater and blesses his companions.

Cast bless (first round of concentration) on Fornitado, Elise and Ulgat. All three of you can add 1d4 to all attack rolls and any saves.


♀ Human Human Paladin [Devotion] 5 of Helm, AC 20, HP 57/57, Init +1, Saves S+3, D+1, C+4, Int +1, W+5, C+8, Spell 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 Appearance

Seeing that Ulgat had moved to intercept the goblins, Elise decided it best to put the large bugbear down, as it posed the more immediate threat. Saying a quick incantation, her sword glowed with divine strength as she struck and yelled "Let's be done with you!"

Free Action - Divine Smite and Channel Divinity (Sacred Weapon)
Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 5 + (4) = 22
Damage, Smite: 1d8 + 3 + 3d8 ⇒ (7) + 3 + (8, 3, 2) = 23

2nd Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 5 + (4) = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Sacred Weapon also produces a 20' radius of light around Elise.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Kertak casts bless, affecting Elise, Fornitao, and Ulgat. Elise promptly turns and guts the bugbear, her blade starting at its shoulderblade and ending at the groin. It is dead before it falls. The goblin nearest Fornitado takes a swipe at him with its scimitar. The slash finds its mark, but fortunately, there was no power behind the blow. (Fornitado takes 3 points of damage!) Another goblin launches an arrow at Kertak, the arrow nicking his shoulder. (Kertak takes 3 points of damage!)

Fornitado responds to the attack by intoning magical syllabary that ends with an eruption of flame! The smell of burning flesh fills the air and several goblins are roasted where they stand! Fornitado steps behind Ulgat. (The fireball takes out all but two of the goblins.) Ulgat swings at his foe, missing with the first blow, but catching it on the backswing and breaking its skull. He continues his assault on the remaining goblin, putting it down as well.

Combat over!

Dice Rolls:
Goblin vs. Fornitado: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Goblin vs. Kertak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male N Half-Elf Bard (College of Lore) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 14 | Init: +3 | Pass Perc: 19 | Saves: STR +0 DEX +5 CON +2 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA +7 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 3 / 2nd 3 / 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Without waiting to search the bodies, Varis krept into the room the Goblins emerged from to ensure there were no more surprises.

Moved Varis into the room to the south.


Dwarf Male Dwarf Male N Fighter[Champion] 5th HP 46/46, AC 18/19, Init +1, Percep +5 (15) darkvision S:+6 D:+1C:+6 I:-1 W:+0 Ch:-2

Ulgat spits on one and then wipes the blood off on another one as she huff."Damn, Gobs' stinkin' 'ere 'n der' holes, good riddance" he says looking over his shoulder at his companions as he slips his weapons back into the holsters and begins to pat down the goblins thoroughly

201 to 250 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mad Mage of Undermountain All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.