[PFS][Outpost II] Mysteries Under Moonlight, Part 2: The Howling Dance by DM DoctorEvil (Inactive)

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Glade of Silver Sparks map


101 to 150 of 260 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
The Exchange

CG Male Aasimar Kineticist 7 | HP 80/80 (+14 Non-lethal)| AC 23 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, fly 60 ft | Burn: 2, Glitterdust 0/1 | Active conditions: Enveloping winds (25%), elemental overflow 2.[/ooc]

Better to guide Leguin. That will get us to 22.


With the magical help of Kyra and the burning spell of Annaliese, LeGuin is just able to free himself from the nearly invisible webs, and once he is out, he is able to help free all the others, and they set off in pursuit of the Lurkers once again.

Not far away, the putrid smell of rotting vegetation fills the air. The vile smell of swamp gas lets the Pathfinders know to be careful what they breathe.

To overcome the swamp gas you can either: Take a Deep Breath (Fort DC 22) or Dash Forward (initiative DC 25).

Liberty's Edge

female Human Cleric 7

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

The Exchange

CG Male Aasimar Kineticist 7 | HP 80/80 (+14 Non-lethal)| AC 23 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, fly 60 ft | Burn: 2, Glitterdust 0/1 | Active conditions: Enveloping winds (25%), elemental overflow 2.[/ooc]

Fort: 1d20 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 6 = 22

Scarab Sages

Male NG Half-orc inquisitor (relic hunter/preacher) of Kurgess 8 | HP 83/83 | Hybrid: AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +9, CMD25| F: +13, R: +7, W: +13 | Init: +5 | Perc: +20, SM: +12 Classes / levels: | Speed 30ft | Determination 3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/5 ; 2nd 4/4; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


It doesn't take much effort for the quick moving pathfinders to hold their breaths and make it through the noxious cloud of swamp gas. AS they pursue the Lurkers in Twilight through the haunted land of the Mushfens, they soon run across several pair of ghostly hands that reach up from the ground, snatching you each by the ankles and trying to drag you down.

To avoid the spectral hands you can say : Easy Does It (Stealth DC 30) or cry out Back Foul Phantoms! (Know Religion DC 28)

Scarab Sages

Male NG Half-orc inquisitor (relic hunter/preacher) of Kurgess 8 | HP 83/83 | Hybrid: AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +9, CMD25| F: +13, R: +7, W: +13 | Init: +5 | Perc: +20, SM: +12 Classes / levels: | Speed 30ft | Determination 3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/5 ; 2nd 4/4; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Back, foul phantoms!

Kn(religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 +3 from Monster Lore class feature if that would apply.

The Exchange

CG Male Aasimar Kineticist 7 | HP 80/80 (+14 Non-lethal)| AC 23 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, fly 60 ft | Burn: 2, Glitterdust 0/1 | Active conditions: Enveloping winds (25%), elemental overflow 2.[/ooc]

"Back phantoms?!"
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 6 = 22

Liberty's Edge

female Human Cleric 7

Holding up holy ankh, the symbol of her personal faith with the radiant one Kyra shouts."Those that walk in the light shall know no fear. Your power lies in unknowing, in uncertainty. But by her light, I name thee!"
KnowRel: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Looks like Monster Lore does not apply, which leaves you one point short of the DC. Maybe Annaliese can make a check to get you over the top. Just need a 10, and could get that even if untrained. Will give her a chance to make the roll, I will move us along tonight either way.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Half-orc inquisitor (relic hunter/preacher) of Kurgess 8 | HP 83/83 | Hybrid: AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +9, CMD25| F: +13, R: +7, W: +13 | Init: +5 | Perc: +20, SM: +12 Classes / levels: | Speed 30ft | Determination 3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/5 ; 2nd 4/4; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

She's said to us in person that Sojourner or I could bot her as needed, so that's what I'll do

Kn(religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Joining forces to combine their unique knowledge of religion, the Pathfinders are able to finally say the right words to dismiss the spectral hands, and are soon off again.

As they run through the woods, the sound of the chase disturbs a colony of bats that have roosted in the humid swamp. Clouds of the flying mammals fill the air impeding sight and movement.

To deal with the swarm of bats, you can SHOO! (Handle Animal DC 30 or Intimidate DC 30 or if in Wolf Form you can Howl! (Intimidate DC 26). There is one other barrier after this, but if you make this one, the effect is the same, so we'll be moving on from the chase quickly.

The Exchange

CG Male Aasimar Kineticist 7 | HP 80/80 (+14 Non-lethal)| AC 23 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, fly 60 ft | Burn: 2, Glitterdust 0/1 | Active conditions: Enveloping winds (25%), elemental overflow 2.[/ooc]

Hanif streams through the crowd of bats, crackling with electricity.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 6 = 26

Scarab Sages

Male NG Half-orc inquisitor (relic hunter/preacher) of Kurgess 8 | HP 83/83 | Hybrid: AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +9, CMD25| F: +13, R: +7, W: +13 | Init: +5 | Perc: +20, SM: +12 Classes / levels: | Speed 30ft | Determination 3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/5 ; 2nd 4/4; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Hoowhoooooo!

Intimidate check in wolf form w/ speed bonus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22

Liberty's Edge

female Human Cleric 7

As the howlers already dispers the bats Kyra quickly follows suit!

Dark Archive

Female NG Witch | HP 38/38 | AC 11 TAC 11 FF 10 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30 ft| Spells: 1st 4/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 2/4|Conduit surge 4/6| Active conditions: None.

Annalise follows suit
"Glad those two are on our side"


With a series of intimidating moves the Pathfinders are able to scatter the swarm of bats just as easily as they overcame the rest of the obstacles as they chased the lurkers through the haunted swamp.

The lurkers in twilight seem to have carried the unconscious form of the girl Cybelle to a small clearing in the woods where an ancient stone altar stands. The strange creatures have deposited the girl there, while they stand around gibbering.

Approaching from the southeast, the celestial Pathfinders can see that the silvery path to the Glade of Silver Sparks lies straight ahead, but they veer off a bit to investigate what is happening with Cybelle and her quartet of captors.

See the map linked above. Because of your success wit the obstacles, you gain a surprised round advantage on the Lurkers.

GM Screen:

Blue Lurker: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Red Lurker: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Orange Lurker: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Green Lurker: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Annaliese: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Kyra: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
LeGuin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Sojourner Hanif: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Twisted by Darkness - Surprise Round

25 Orange Lurker (surprised)
22 Red Lurker (surprised)
19 Blue Lurker (surprised)
19 Hanif
12 Annaliese
11 Kyra
9 LeGuin
9 Green Lurker (surprised)

All the party is up first in the Surprise Round, with either a Move or Standard Action, but not both.

Know Nature DC 15+:
These creatures are variants of Lurkers in Light, called Lurkers in Twilight. Rather than controlling light, they control shadows.

Know Nature DC 20+:
Lurkers can use blindness/deafness to stymie foes then are known to sneak attack with great damage. They have the ability to blend into twilight also, making them virtually invisible.

Know Nature DC 25+:
Like some higher level fey, they are resistant to weapon damage, unless those weapons are cold iron. Lurkers are known users of various types of poison.

The Exchange

CG Male Aasimar Kineticist 7 | HP 80/80 (+14 Non-lethal)| AC 23 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, fly 60 ft | Burn: 2, Glitterdust 0/1 | Active conditions: Enveloping winds (25%), elemental overflow 2.[/ooc]

Hanif will draw his bow as he flies up 30 feet.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Half-orc inquisitor (relic hunter/preacher) of Kurgess 8 | HP 83/83 | Hybrid: AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +9, CMD25| F: +13, R: +7, W: +13 | Init: +5 | Perc: +20, SM: +12 Classes / levels: | Speed 30ft | Determination 3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/5 ; 2nd 4/4; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

can I assume he was able to shift back to hybrid form?

LeGuin will use the moment of surprise to cast heroism on himself.
Kn(nature) w/ Monster Lore & heroism: 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 3 + 2 = 20

Resource Tracking:

Preacher: Determination 3 times a day: (X) () ()

Abjuration: 2/2 Deific Focus
Divination: 4/4 Deific Focus
Transmutation: 4/6 Deific Focus

Spells: 3rd: ½ 2nd: 4/4 1st: 5/5

Dark Archive

Female NG Witch | HP 38/38 | AC 11 TAC 11 FF 10 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30 ft| Spells: 1st 4/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 2/4|Conduit surge 4/6| Active conditions: None.

Kn. Nature: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

"Watch out everyone, these creatures will try to nullify your senses and attack your weak points"

Annalise pulls out her lesser rod of intensify


Twisted by Darkness - Surprise Round - continued

With a moment to have the drop on the Lurkers, the Pathfinders prepare for a fight. Sojourner Hanif elevates into the air over the tree tops, bow in hand.

Annaliese takes out her rod that makes her spells more powerful, and warns the group of what she knows about the Lurkers in Twilight.

LeGuin, who has shifted back to hybrid form, casts a spell on himself, preparing for heroic deeds in the battle to save Cybelle, the swan girl.

Still looking for a Surprise Round action from Geirahod. Will run her tomorrow if no post.

Liberty's Edge

female Human Cleric 7

Quickly Kyra casts bless for her comrades.


Twisted by Darkness - Surprise Round - concluded

As she sees the upcoming fight ahead, Kyra casts a blessing spell on the party, all of whom feel a passing warmth, as if the sun were shining on them on a summer morning.

End of Surprise Round


Twisted by Darkness - Round 1

Bless is active; +1 to hits and some saves

25 Orange Lurker
22 Red Lurker
19 Blue Lurker
19 Hanif
12 Annaliese
11 Kyra
9 LeGuin
9 Green Lurker

The sudden appearance of the Pathfinders and the chanting or casting of several spells gets the Lurkers in Twilight scrambling about. Orange Lurker takes flight over the trees, casting a spell at LeGuin as he comes.

Red Lurker also flies, but more north of Orange. Also casting.

Blue Lurker takes the more southerly route, but also casts blindness on Sojourner Hanif.

LeGuin, Hanif, and Kyra need DC 16 Fort saves or be blinded permanently (sort of). After that, the whole party is up.

Liberty's Edge

female Human Cleric 7

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Feeling the darkness wash over her, Kyra can not help but smile.
"I serve the light. Darkness has no power over me!"
I fear that will be famous last words!

The Exchange

CG Male Aasimar Kineticist 7 | HP 80/80 (+14 Non-lethal)| AC 23 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, fly 60 ft | Burn: 2, Glitterdust 0/1 | Active conditions: Enveloping winds (25%), elemental overflow 2.[/ooc]

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Scarab Sages

Male NG Half-orc inquisitor (relic hunter/preacher) of Kurgess 8 | HP 83/83 | Hybrid: AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +9, CMD25| F: +13, R: +7, W: +13 | Init: +5 | Perc: +20, SM: +12 Classes / levels: | Speed 30ft | Determination 3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/5 ; 2nd 4/4; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fort w/ heroism: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 = 25

LeGuin runs at the lurker still on the ground. green

attack w/ PA and heroism: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 22
dmg: 1d12 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

The Exchange

CG Male Aasimar Kineticist 7 | HP 80/80 (+14 Non-lethal)| AC 23 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, fly 60 ft | Burn: 2, Glitterdust 0/1 | Active conditions: Enveloping winds (25%), elemental overflow 2.[/ooc]

Hanif will fire twice on the closest lurker. Orange His bow crackles with electricity as he fires.

PBS, Energize Weapon, Rapid Shot
Shot 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 23 for magic/piercing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 and electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12
Shot 2: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 24 for magic/piercing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 and electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Dark Archive

Female NG Witch | HP 38/38 | AC 11 TAC 11 FF 10 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30 ft| Spells: 1st 4/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 2/4|Conduit surge 4/6| Active conditions: None.

Annalise moves toward the lurkers and casts spectral hand

Liberty's Edge

female Human Cleric 7

On her turn Kyra will cast searing light, preferably at an enemy standing alone and if necessary after a five foot step to prevent an AoO
RTA: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 133d8 ⇒ (6, 3, 4) = 13


Twisted by Darkness - Round 1 - concluded

The Lurkers are positively enraged when none of their most powerful magic has any effect at all on the group of celestial Pathfinders.

As the group starts to react, Hanif unleashes a pair of electrically charged arrows that strike the nearest airborne lurker. While both hit, you notice that they do slightly less damage each than you might have suspected.

Annaliese advances, casting a spell that allows her to extend her touch range without getting too close herself. The small spectral hand appears, ready for commands.

Kyra casts a powerful spell of light, sending a focused ray at Red Lurker, but the crafty fey is able to avoid the beam, and any associated damage.

LeGuin leaps into melee against the slowest to react of the lurkers. He is able to hit one, but again they seem to have some type of weapon resistance that absorbs some of the damage.

Already injured, Green Lurker retaliates against LeGuin, stabbing at the celestial werewolf with its dagger.

End of Round 1

LeGuin is hit for 2hp dmg, which I think is absorbed by his werewolf DR, however the blade is poisoned, and so a DC 17 Fort save is required or bad things start happening.

Green dagger: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Green Crit confirm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Dmg, dagger: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


Twisted by Darkness - Round 2

Bless is active; +1 to hits and some saves

25 Orange Lurker (24hp dmg)
22 Red Lurker
19 Blue Lurker
19 Hanif
12 Annaliese (spectral hand)
11 Kyra
9 LeGuin (poisoned?)
9 Green Lurker (14hp dmg)

Orange Lurker remains hovering and tries the blindness spell once more, hoping to put you flat-footed before melee starts.

Red and Blue do the same, coordinating against the same Pathfinders.

Kyra, Hanif, and LeGuin need DC 16 Fort saves again. After that, the whole party is once again up.

Liberty's Edge

female Human Cleric 7

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Looking at the Orange lurker Kyra sneers again. Come on, once more!

Scarab Sages

Male NG Half-orc inquisitor (relic hunter/preacher) of Kurgess 8 | HP 83/83 | Hybrid: AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +9, CMD25| F: +13, R: +7, W: +13 | Init: +5 | Perc: +20, SM: +12 Classes / levels: | Speed 30ft | Determination 3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/5 ; 2nd 4/4; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fort w/ heroism vs. poison: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 = 14
Fort w/ heroism vs. blindness: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 2 = 27

LeGuin keeps up the attack against the adjacent Lurker
attack w/ PA and heroism: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 12
dmg: 1d12 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

folio reroll w/ 2 GM stars on poison: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 22

The Exchange

CG Male Aasimar Kineticist 7 | HP 80/80 (+14 Non-lethal)| AC 23 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, fly 60 ft | Burn: 2, Glitterdust 0/1 | Active conditions: Enveloping winds (25%), elemental overflow 2.[/ooc]

Did LeGuin get anything for his Knowledge check?

Fortitude: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
I'm going to folio re-roll that.
GM reroll (4 Stars): 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 4 = 18

Whoop whoop. Hopefully that's enough.

Seeing the resistance to his arrows, Hanif will change up his arrows to see what is most effective.

PBS, Bless, Rapid Shot, Energize Weapon
Shot 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 17 for magic/cold iron/piercing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 and electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8
Shot 2: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 26 for magic/silver/piercing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 and electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6

Dark Archive

Female NG Witch | HP 38/38 | AC 11 TAC 11 FF 10 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30 ft| Spells: 1st 4/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 2/4|Conduit surge 4/6| Active conditions: None.

Annalise holds forth her rod and casts a shocking grasp, envoking the power of the leylines
Conduit surge: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

She then directs her spectral hand to deliver the spell to orange
Touch Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 for electricity: 8d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 2, 3, 1, 3, 1) = 17

I believe the spectral hand holds the charge if I miss, but its kinda of GM fiat


Sojourner Hanif wrote:

Did LeGuin get anything for his Knowledge check?

The knowledge checks were linked above in the Surprise Round detail. LeGuin is free to peruse them up to the DC he made. Just don't think he shared.


Twisted by Darkness - Round 2 - continued

Hanif avoid blindness and fires his magical arrows, trading out types to see which has best effect. Unfortunately for the experiment, the cold-iron arrow misses the flying Lurker. The silver-tipped and charged arrow does hit, and delivers a reduced amount of damage.

Annaliese casts a spell, passing it to her spectral hand to deliver. The hand, however, cannot touch the orange lurker, and the spell holds its charge with the hand.

LeGuin fights off the magic spell, and endures the poison but his attack against the wounded lurker is affected and he misses.

Kyra did not post an action, so will give her until my next update, or will delay her.

Liberty's Edge

female Human Cleric 7

Getting annoyed Kyra cast spiritual weapon and let´s the scimitar attack the wounded lurker.
SW: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 121d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Scarab Sages

Male NG Half-orc inquisitor (relic hunter/preacher) of Kurgess 8 | HP 83/83 | Hybrid: AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +9, CMD25| F: +13, R: +7, W: +13 | Init: +5 | Perc: +20, SM: +12 Classes / levels: | Speed 30ft | Determination 3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/5 ; 2nd 4/4; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

oops, missed it. Not much we don't know at this point - they can blind. Variant of lurker in light that deals with shadow


Twisted by Darkness - Round 2 - concluded

Kyra casts a spell generating a weapon of pure force, but the first attack from the weapon misses.

Green Lurker attacks LeGuin with its dagger again, which misses. The fey lurker then tosses the weapon aside, brandishing its claws instead.

End of Round 2

Green Lurker Dagger: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Twisted by Darkness - Round 3

Bless is active; +1 to hits and some saves

25 Orange Lurker (31hp dmg)
22 Red Lurker
19 Blue Lurker
19 Hanif
12 Annaliese (spectral hand, shocking touch)
11 Kyra (spiritual weapon)
9 LeGuin
9 Green Lurker (14hp dmg)

I will have to post the rest of the lurker's action later tonight, as my time this morning has run out. Stay tuned.


Twisted by Darkness - Round 3 - continued

Orange Lurker dives at Annaliese, stabbing at the witch with its envenomed blade. The blade hits, and poison may begin to affect the caster.

Red Lurker closes the gap between it and Kyra, ending the round by sliding into melee range against the priestess.

Blue Lurker takes a short flight, circling behind LeGuin, and trying to stab hiim in the back. The precision damage from such a strike overcomes the celestial werewolf's magical weapon damage resistance, and gives him a small wound. The bigger concern is more venom on the blade.

Both Annalies and LeGuin need DC 17 Fort vs poison. Annalies takes 2 dmg, which should be absorbed by DR depending on form. LeGuin takes 14 before DR. All the Pathfinders are up next.

Orange Lurker dagger: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Orange dmg to Annaliese: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Blue lurker, dagger, flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 = 28
Dmg, sneak attack: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (3, 2, 6) = 14

Scarab Sages

Male NG Half-orc inquisitor (relic hunter/preacher) of Kurgess 8 | HP 83/83 | Hybrid: AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +9, CMD25| F: +13, R: +7, W: +13 | Init: +5 | Perc: +20, SM: +12 Classes / levels: | Speed 30ft | Determination 3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/5 ; 2nd 4/4; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fort w/ heroism vs. poison: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 = 28

LeGuin shifts out of the flank, and continues his attack against the green lurker.
attack w/ PA and heroism: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 26
dmg: 1d12 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

Also take 9 dmg after DR

Dark Archive

Female NG Witch | HP 38/38 | AC 11 TAC 11 FF 10 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30 ft| Spells: 1st 4/8; 2nd 5/7; 3rd 2/4|Conduit surge 4/6| Active conditions: None.

Annalise takes a step back and directs her spectral hand against orange again

Touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 for electricity: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 3, 2, 1, 6, 1) = 27


Twisted by Darkness - Round 3 - continued

Annaliese directs her disembodied hand against the Orange Lurker after stepping back and releasing the charge from shocking grasp. The hand successfully grabs the small fey and the electrical outburst is enough to kill the foe.

LeGuin hammers the Green Lurker once again, hitting this time. The dark lurker seems to be clearly badly hurt, but is not out of the fight yet.

Looking for actions from Kyra and Hanif. I will DM-PC at next check in if no post.

The Exchange

CG Male Aasimar Kineticist 7 | HP 80/80 (+14 Non-lethal)| AC 23 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, fly 60 ft | Burn: 2, Glitterdust 0/1 | Active conditions: Enveloping winds (25%), elemental overflow 2.[/ooc]

Bizarre, I'm sure that I posted.

Hanif will attack red, still trying to puzzle out the creatures' resistance to damage.

PBS, Bless, Rapid Shot, Energize Weapon
Shot 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 19 for magic/cold iron/piercing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 and electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6
Shot 2: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 20 for magic/bludegeoning: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 and electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

If the first attack does full damage, I'll use another cold iron weapon for the second attack.

Liberty's Edge

female Human Cleric 7

Utterly fed up Kyra will Holy smite on the most damaged Lurker.
HS: 7d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 4, 1, 5, 2, 4) = 23 Refl 17


Twisted by Darkness - Round 3 - concluded

Firing more arrows, this time at the Red Lurker, Hanif discovers that the fey are NOT resistant to cold-iron attacks, which seem to do full damage. Going to cold -iron on his second shot, the aasimar, hits twice with the charged arrows doing full damage.

Kyra casts a damaging spell that encompasses both Green and Blue Lurker. The power of Sarenrae blasts Green Lurker, killing it. Blue Lurker fares better, and is only slightly wounded.

End of Round 3

Green Lurker DC 17 Will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Blue Lurker DC 17 will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

101 to 150 of 260 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS][Outpost II]10-07 Mysteries Under the Moonlight, Part 2: The Howling Dance by DM DoctorEvil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.