Hmm's Starfinder Playtest Thread ★ 1-27 King Xeros of Star Azlant (Inactive)

Game Master Hmm

Maps and Snark


1 to 50 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Many Minds + MM Handouts

Opening for Starfinder Playtest from now until January 16th, 2018

Wayfinders

149000-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

As you enter the Lorespire's Hangar Bay, a feychild gnome with hot pink hair rushes up to all of you. Some of you recognize her as Charli Poshkettle, the gnome who runs the rickety tea stand across from the Lorespire complex. She's wearing a number of buttons on her jacket, including a heart shaped button that reads 'Manifold Host Welcoming Committee', a pink tea kettle shaped button that reads, 'What's your Flavor?' and a round yellow holographic button that shifts between a '?' and a smiley face.

"Hello, I'm checking everyone in because I arrived super early and wanted to help and so Naiaj said that I could help best by standing right here and greeting everyone!" Charli waves back at Naiaj, the bleaching gnome standing far away on the other side of the hangar bay, talking to an engineering crew. Every member of the crew except Naiaj is clutching a cup with the Poshkettle tea logo this morning. Naiaj just shakes her head as Charli waves at her and then continues talking to the engineers.

"Okay, I think that you guys are all with 'Strike Team'. I'm with 'Scout Team' which I think is the best name, and should come with cookies or something. But at least we have tea!" She triumphantly reaches behind her at the truly amazing assortment of teas that she's set up on the counter behind her. "What would you like? I have Castrovellian 'Contemplation' and 'Akiton Red' and 'Brethedan Bubble Tea!'" Contemplation is a light green and smells minty and peaceful. Akiton Red does have a reddish tint, and smells like cinnamon. The Brethedan Bubble Tea looks a bit like a purple lava lamp, only it has a straw on top.

"Oh, and can you tell me who you are and what tea you want so I can check you off and send you down to Naiaj?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human biohacker outlaw 8 | SP 52, HP 52, RP 10 | EAC 20, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +8 | Init +8 | Perc +17

Karyn looked at the gnome with wry amusement. Standing barely five feet tall, with shoulder-length red hair and green eyes, Karyn doesn't look like anyone's idea of an assault leader. She raised one perfectly manicured eyebrow at the offer of tea, then leaned over the cups and gave a deep sniff.

"My name is Karyn, and I believe I'd like the Akiton Red. Is that thrybium I smell in there? It gives a nice flush to the cheeks, and the cinnamon should cover up the slight bitter flavor as well. Have you considered replacing it with palmid oil? You'd get the same vaso-dilation effect with practically no flavor at all, and you could cut back on the cinnamon a bit."

Karyn was careful not to actually touch the cups, and she meticulously scans anything handed to her with the custom scanner mounted on her left wrist before she partakes. The cabapear she was holding in her other hand disappeared in small bites. Karen even ate the core, leaving nothing but the stem, looking around her and taking in the nearby people.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Witchwarper 8 | SP: 40/48 HP: 44/44 RP: 7/9 | EAC: 25 KAC: 27 | F: +3, R: +11, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1 (blindsense 30ft), SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Alternate Outcome: 0/1 | Infinite Worlds 4/4 | 1: 6/6, 2: 4/5, 3: 3/3

An affable looking young man with shoulder length brunette hair and green eyes walks in and grins at Charli. The faint sound of loud music can be heard from the headphones resting over his ears. He waits patiently while she talks, and once she appears done, he begins to sign to her: Hi! Name is James Jones. You can call me JJ. Do you sign?

If met by a blank stare or other indication he was not understood, He will then adjust the headphones on his head slightly, pressing a button on one ear. He will then project a telepathic message to all those within 30 feet, Charli included: ::Hi. My name is James Jones, but you can call me JJ.:: JJ's telepathy does not contain a "voice", but instead impressions, pictures, and in some cases, images of text.

Culture DC10:

Something about this young man is catching in your memory but you aren't sure what.

Culture DC20:

You are pretty sure that this young man is DJ AltReal, a somewhat prominent DJ who suddenly left the scene about four years ago.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vesk Vanguard - 2

A male Vesk wearing matching headphones and brightly painted armor struts from around the corner and nearly bumps into the group!

Culture, Take 10: 10 + 12 = 22

When he spies J.J., he excitedly opens his mouth wide (as if to shout) and splays his hands to the side, palm up, before projecting a silent but billboard-sized DOOD! in reply.

(Sauros knows 11 languages; what is needed to sign?)

As he takes off his headphones you can see that his beard spikes and normally green crest scales have all been bleached from sun exposure, perfectly matching his yellow-and-green armor. Underneath that it almost looks as though he's wearing a wetsuit. A tactical buckler locks to one forearm, and a starknife hangs at his hip, but he appears to have no other weapons.

Both of his legs have been augmented, but judging by the thinness of one of them it looks like the upgrade was a necessity, not a luxury.

"'Sup doods? Name's Sauros. You probably seen me in my Stewards uniform earlier. I go back and forth protectin' the Galaxy however I can. Ain't no thing."

(wait... Is he... flexing?)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lashunta Witchwarper 8 (Xenoseeker) | HP: 44/44 SP: 42/48 Res 10/10 | EAC 22 | KAC 23 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +2 | Init +3 | Percep +0

A tall lashunta man joins the cluster of Starfinders standing around the tea cart, smiling warmly at everyone there. Contemplation sounds wonderful, ma'am. Matarno Imani - I don't believe we've had the pleasure of being acquainted. He is dressed in tempweave, but of very fine material - not the cutting edge of fashion, but more of a 'classic' look, with a number of discrete technological enhancements running through it. He carries a cane with him.

Culture: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

He looks in interest at JJ, and Sauros' reaction to the youth, but can't quite put his finger on the connection - he mentally shrugs.

Floating his cup of tea to himself with psychokinetic hand, he looks with interest at the others. Anyone know what we're in for today? he asks.

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Damaya Lashunta Biohacker (biotechnician, playtest) 8 | SP: 39/48 HP: 52/52 RP: 9/10 | EAC: 22 KAC: 23 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +17, SM: +17 | Speed 30ft | Injections: 8/14 | Field Dressing: 6/6 | Expended Abilities: spark of ingenuity, sdtve., psn.

Another slender lashunta approaches the Strike Team. His D-suit, visible beneath a dirty yet still official-looking medical coat, is scratched and worn, giving him a rugged and unassuming visage offset by his numerous blemishes across his skin: his entire scalp is webbed with organic-looking yet obviously synthetic veins, coalescing into a long, ponytail-like strand of filaments tipped with a USB plug. A throbbing symbiont bulges out from the crown of his skull between his antennae, and a green-tinged web of bioengineered valves protrudes from his throat like a turtleneck.

Despite his somewhat offputting, experiment-like appearance, he smiles warmly as he approaches, speaking out in a soft, warm voice. ”Castrovel Contemplation sounds grand, thank you. Reminds me of home. Not too hot, if you please, though. Anyone know what the mission is yet?” He smiles invitingly to his teammates.

Wayfinders

149000-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

"My, you have a discerning nose!" Charli exclaims, and hands Karyn a holographic business card for Poshkettle Tea. "I'd love to have you consult."

Culture: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 14 + (6) = 29

As JJ approaches, Charli raises an eyebrow. She signs back, I'm Charli, and love languages. Of course I sign! It's a pleasure to meet you, DJ altreal! What tea would you like?

She grins at Sauros. "Someone as flashy as you should definitely have the Brethedan Bubble Tea." She hands the vesk the glowing purple tea with the giant bubbles. It smells a bit like fruit, but also a bit like other things that are harder to identify. Then she smiles at two lashuntas. "Two contemplations, coming right up! You better head towards Naiaj. She'll explain it all to you. I'll wait here for your sixth team member while Naiaj briefs you."


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Many Minds + MM Handouts

Several technicians hustle between rows of starships in the Lorespire Complex's hangar bay, making final modifications to the crafts as several begin powering up their engines. They diligently circumvent a group of Starfinders huddled around Venture-Captain Naiaj, a bleachling gnome who speaks with a quick and commanding voice.

“Time is of the essence, so I must be brief. Refugees from a lunar base in the Vast called Peak of Evening contacted us requesting information about a strange, crewless starship docking there. The ship's description matches that of the King Xeros, an ether ship supposedly built by the Azlanti of lost Golarion, according to records preserved from old Pathfinder Chronicles we keep under lock and key. This ship might be our best chance to follow up on the work of ancient Pathfinders—possibly even the fate of Golarion—since the Gap, so the stakes are high."

“Note that I said ‘refugees': we're not the only ones interested in the King Xeros." She paces around the room, peering at all of you. Well, at your knee caps, anyway. "The Azlanti Star Empire wants the ship too, and they got to Peak of Evening first. They violently annexed the station and have been doing gods-know-what with the King Xeros since then, most likely gearing it up for transport back to the Aeon Throne and the Azlanti Star Empire. If the King Xeros reaches the Azlanti's home system of Aristia, our chance to learn from it will be gone forever. That's why I've been fighting to get this emergency salvage mission sanctioned by the Forum, and I just received clearance this morning. We're going to sting the Azlanti operation at Peak of Evening, liberate the King Xeros, and hopefully acquire some information the Society cares about deeply."

Wayfinders

149000-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

With alarm, Charli grabs the sixth team member by the coat. "There you are. We have to move now! Naiaj is about to end her briefing and load up!" Charli shoves an Akitonian Red into their hands before half dragging them down the hangar bay towards where the Strike Team is loading.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Many Minds + MM Handouts

The little beachling gnome puts her hands on her hips as she studies all of you, trying to gage whether you are ready for this or not, and then pursing her lips. Ready or not, she's out of time.

“I'm sure you know that the Star Empire is among the most well-equipped, well-organized, and ruthless organizations in the universe. The only way we pull this off is with teamwork, skill, and more than a little luck. That's why I'll be flying out with you and directing the mission from my personal starship. You've all been organized into teams to help this mission go smoothly: Scout Team will take a Pegasus and tackle recon and analysis, Shield Team will take a Drake and intercept hostile interference, and Strike Team—that would be you—will take whichever ship you think best to get you on the ground and keep us moving forward. Get whatever you need, then rendezvous by the Master of Stars; we'll assume formation and launch into the Drift there. I'll answer additional questions as we board. Let's move out!”

Pegasus or Drake, team? Also, now is the time to ask those quesitons!


Lashunta Witchwarper 8 (Xenoseeker) | HP: 44/44 SP: 42/48 Res 10/10 | EAC 22 | KAC 23 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +2 | Init +3 | Percep +0

Matarno sits with his fingers steepled in front of his face as Naiaj briefs them. He does chime in with a question in his speechvoice, a surprisingly deep baritone. "Have the refugees given us any expectations as to what resources the Azlanti brought with them to the base?"

He also tries to remember anything he might know about Peak Of Evening himself.

Culture?: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Many Minds + MM Handouts

"Ah, you're asking, what can we expect from the Azlanti?" Naiaj says. “Violence. The Azlanti people are known for their overwhelming arrogance and hostility to outsiders. They maintain advanced technology and a starship fleet rivaling that of the entire Pact, including the Veskarium. If you see someone in Aeon Guard armor, show them no mercy and expect to receive none. You'll know them when you see them: the armor completely covers their faces except for the aeon stone set in the center of the head.”

Matarno recalls that the Peak of Evening is a lunar station that was populated by outcasts from several neighboring stellar civilizations before the Azlanti occupied it. It is a modest trade hub overseen by a responsible executive board, mainly dealing in geological and botanical resources harvested from the moon's surface.

He also, on that roll, knows everything from SLIDE THREE and he vaguely remembers one of his geology professors, Dr. Igneous, a long time ago mentioning that the Peak of Evening's soil had some special properties. "Matarno, lad, not all the dirt from that moon came from the material plane!" Then Igneous got distracted and started harranguing you about your tie, so that's all you remember.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Host Shirren Death-Touched Vanguard 8 | SP: 100/112 | HP: 70/70 | RP: 7/10 | DR 5/- | KAC: 25 EAC: 23 | Fort: +12 Ref: +9 Will: +7 (+1 vs disease, exhaustion, fatigue, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, or stunning) | Init: +3 | Perc.: +15 | | Speed 50 ft | EP: 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Active Conditions: Haste

A shirren, clad in Golemforged Plate, listens intently to the bleachling while awkwardly holding the Akiton Red tea that was shoved into their hands--not entirely sure what to do with it.

When the bleachling finishes speaking, the thus-far quiet shirren speaks--not telepathically, but verbally--their voice a strange combination of clicking that vaguely forms a cohesive phrase.

"YoU sAiD SoMeThInG aBoUt GoLaRiOn? hOw Is ThE kInG xErOs ReLaTeD tO tHe LoSt PlAnEt?"


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Many Minds + MM Handouts

Naiaj raises a pale eyebrow. "Good question. For thousands of years before and after the Gap, storytellers across multiple worlds spun tales of a crystalline vessel that would fade in and out of reality on its enigmatic voyage. Scholars of lost Golarion referred to this mystery ship as the King Xeros, a magical sailing vessel constructed by an ancient civilization -- for what purpose, no one knows."

Wayfinders

149000-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

Charli claps. "That's great, Naiaj! That means that we're seeking out a vessel that could have sailed to Golarian!"


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Many Minds + MM Handouts

Naiaj's eyes narrow as she looks at her fellow gnome. "Don't you have someplace else to be? Go off to Scout Team!"

If you have more questions, you can feel free to ask.

★--- ★ --- ★ --- ★

WHAT YOU KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:

CULTURE (RECALL KNOWLEDGE)

You might already know some things about the Azlanti Star Empire based on the result of a Culture check to recall knowledge. If the character that you're applying this to has one or more Chronicle sheets from the Against the Aeon Throne Adventure Path, you can make this check untrained with a +5 bonus per Chronicle sheet.

10+:
The Azlanti Star Empire is an aggressive society of humans bent on intergalactic domination.

15+:
Azlanti soldiers are recognizable via their distinctive gray-and-green Aeon Guard armor, which completely covers their faces, and their use of equipment that incorporates mystical aeon stones, many of which are Azlanti in origin.

20+:
The Star Empire conquered and enslaved numerous planets surrounding their home system of Aristia. Many of the subjugated people have no love for the Aeon Throne, and eagerly aid those who fight the Azlanti or offer a way to escape.

25+:
Some records suggest that the Azlanti actually hail from lost Golarion, although some disaster uprooted them from their ancestral home and relocated them to what would become the seat of their current empire. The King Xeros was supposedly built by Golarion's ancient Azlanti, although its original purpose remains a mystery.

30+:
Survivors from new colonies believe that the Azlanti leadership's current pet project is researching starships capable of navigation beyond just Drift technology. This might be what attracted them to the King Xeros.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Host Shirren Death-Touched Vanguard 8 | SP: 100/112 | HP: 70/70 | RP: 7/10 | DR 5/- | KAC: 25 EAC: 23 | Fort: +12 Ref: +9 Will: +7 (+1 vs disease, exhaustion, fatigue, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, or stunning) | Init: +3 | Perc.: +15 | | Speed 50 ft | EP: 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Active Conditions: Haste

Culture: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

"So ThE kInG xErOs AnD tHe AzLaNtI wErE BoTh FrOm LoSt GoLaRiOn. ThEy MaY bE iNtErEsTeD iN tHe ShIp BeCaUsE tHeY'rE tRyInG tO cOnQuEr NaViGaTiOn WiTh MoRe ThAn JuSt DrIfT tEcH...InTeReStInG..."

After this moment of thinking out loud, Xesh's eyes turn to the tea in his hands as he starts contemplating the thermodynamic powers acting upon it.

OOC question: Is the scenario implying that the King Xeros of this scenario is the same as the one from the PFS scenario of approximately the same name or that this King Xeros is a starship rather than an aquatic ship? Got kinda confused when it was referred to as a "crewless starship."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Witchwarper 8 | SP: 40/48 HP: 44/44 RP: 7/9 | EAC: 25 KAC: 27 | F: +3, R: +11, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1 (blindsense 30ft), SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Alternate Outcome: 0/1 | Infinite Worlds 4/4 | 1: 6/6, 2: 4/5, 3: 3/3

JJ grins and blushes a little at Sauros reaction, but signs him back a short greeting with a smile.

JJ had taken the same Akiton Red as Karyn, though had subtly replaced it with a reality where it had been sitting a while. Now that the tea was a drinkable temperature, JJ sipped at it while following along to the hangar bay.

Culture: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Deciding to skip signing in such a busy environment, JJ instead speaks telepathically, once again adjusting his headphones before doing so. ::I nominate the Drake. Handling is a bit poor, but she's sturdy enough get us on the ground.::

Yup, that is what the scenario is implying Xesh

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Vesk Vanguard - 2

Sauros looks at the bubble tea.

"Heh, thanks, but I always choke on that little marble."

Strong, confident, and dumb. Check!

"Oh we're TOTALLY taking the Drake," he says as he shows J.J. his selection, "It's got MISSILES!"

But seeing that Naiaj is sharing none of his enthusiasm he quiets down, clears his throat, and asks, "Ummmm... You said 'refugees'? Is this gonna be a rescue mission at all?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human biohacker outlaw 8 | SP 52, HP 52, RP 10 | EAC 20, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +8 | Init +8 | Perc +17

culture: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31

Karyn sipped her tea as she thought about what she had learned about the Azlanti and the ghost ship known as the King Xeros. Everyone else seemed free with their knowledge, so maybe it was more common than she had thought. Or maybe, she thought with a wry smile, these aren't the normal group of half-competent murder-drifters that I normally deal with.

"It seems to me that the Drake's chassis is the superior one for a strike mission at any rate. I really prefer the science officer's station on most Pegasus craft, but..." The redhead shrugs.

"Speaking of which, if we are close enough to the King Xeros to get a detailed scan of her hull and systems, we will be well in range of her weaponry should the Azlanti already have her under control. Are we supposed to run at that point? Or destroy her?"

If you are a voices person, I imagine Karyn speaking English with just a hint of a Romanian accent.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Many Minds + MM Handouts

The team picks the Drake, and your convoy takes off, though questions continue while in the Drift.

Karyn wrote:
"Speaking of which, if we are close enough to the King Xeros to get a detailed scan of her hull and systems, we will be well in range of her weaponry should the Azlanti already have her under control. Are we supposed to run at that point? Or destroy her?"

"Will you have to fight the King Xeros?" Naiaj repeats for the benefit of the other ships listening. “I hope not, gods willing; records suggest it's extremely durable, but that was using pre-Gap technology, and the ship is too precious to risk haphazardly hitting it with missiles. That said, we may not have a choice if the Azlanti have found a way to pilot it through space. No matter what, we cannot let the King Xeros reach New Thespera. I'd rather be investigating wreckage than risking the Azlanti getting their hands on that ship. Once we get to the base, look for anything we can use to safely free it from Azlanti hands.”

★--- ★ --- ★ --- ★

A little while later...

As the Starfinder force emerges from the Drift, Scout Team races ahead toward a metallic black station built into the surface of a pale pink moon. The other teams orbit the distant periphery until Scout Team's leader, Amster, speaks over the comms: “We have dense concentrations of Azlanti structures and activity up ahead. Charli, what are you seeing on the scans?"

Wayfinders

149000-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

Charli's voice pipes up. "I'm getting some heavy energy output from the main construction bay, but it looks like they've stationed lots of guards around some kind of greenhouse at the eastern border, even installed new artificial atmosphere throughout the area. Orders, Captain Naiaj?”


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Many Minds + MM Handouts

Venture-Captain Naiaj's voice responds. “Clearly the Azlanti care most about those two locations. I assume they've used the construction bay to work on the King Xeros, but I don't know why the plants seem so important. Regardless, once their surface fighters and defensive cannons are running we'll be on the clock, so we'll probably be able to hit only one. Scout Team will screen for bogies while Shield Team and I run antiair interference. Strike Team, you're the ones on the ground, so you choose our location and we'll cover you. Once Scout Team draws the fire, strike with a quick strafing run to take out the Azlanti garrison, then land and find whatever info you can about our target. Look alive, folks!”

Your first big decision. Do you go to the construction bay or the greenhouse?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Host Shirren Death-Touched Vanguard 8 | SP: 100/112 | HP: 70/70 | RP: 7/10 | DR 5/- | KAC: 25 EAC: 23 | Fort: +12 Ref: +9 Will: +7 (+1 vs disease, exhaustion, fatigue, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, or stunning) | Init: +3 | Perc.: +15 | | Speed 50 ft | EP: 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Active Conditions: Haste

Everyone gets a telepathic message. After a slight panic Xesh points out that it was from them—they didn’t want their speechvoice to be drowned out by the roar of the Drake’s engine.

::Why would they put that much effort in protecting plants? There’s gotta be something bigger going on in that greenhouse.::


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lashunta Witchwarper 8 (Xenoseeker) | HP: 44/44 SP: 42/48 Res 10/10 | EAC 22 | KAC 23 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +2 | Init +3 | Percep +0

Matarno telepathically asserts agreement. I'm with Xesh. With the soil having extraplanar properties, too... I think we all have some idea of what we'll find in a construction bay, but any surprises are going to come from that greenhouse. We should strike there first.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human biohacker outlaw 8 | SP 52, HP 52, RP 10 | EAC 20, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +8 | Init +8 | Perc +17

"Speaking as a bio-chemist, there are innumerable reasons that greenhouse could be important. The most obvious is that the Azlanti are growing living components to upgrade the King Xeros. Custom bio-engineered air scrubbers and oxygen refactories would be an obvious one. But, less obvious would be defensive or offensive armaments, either for the King Xeros or for the Azlanti guards and prize crews."

"I agree with Matarno that we should go in through the greenhouse first, though not for the same reasons. The greenhouse may be the key to gaining access to the King Xeros...Can we just call it the Xeros? Saying King Xeros this, and King Xeros that gets kind of cumbersome, don't you think?"


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Many Minds + MM Handouts

It sounds like you've picked the Greenhouse!

Cheat sheet to Ship Combat Roles

The Tier 8 Drake can be found on p. 42 of the SFS Roleplaying Guild Guide.

"Strike team going for the Greenhouse, over and out!" Naiaj announces. "Cover them!" The other teams move in and exchange fire with the base's antiaircraft cannons. Your screens and comm units display moment-by-moment statistics as the battle engages all around you. "We've gotten you your opening, Strike Team! Make the most of it! You'll need to strafe the enemy or they'll eat you alive before you land."

★--- ★ --- ★ --- ★

A Mini Battle Simulation

You must strafe the greenhouse as you go in. Each of you may attempt a single tier-appropriate starship combat check according to your role:

  • the engineer should boost power to weapons
  • the science officer must target their chosen location
  • the pilot must perform a flyby stunt maneuver
  • gunners must fire weapons against the structure


  • 1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Host Shirren Death-Touched Vanguard 8 | SP: 100/112 | HP: 70/70 | RP: 7/10 | DR 5/- | KAC: 25 EAC: 23 | Fort: +12 Ref: +9 Will: +7 (+1 vs disease, exhaustion, fatigue, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, or stunning) | Init: +3 | Perc.: +15 | | Speed 50 ft | EP: 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Active Conditions: Haste

    ::Get this ship within eight units of the greenhouse and send power to the weapons. If you all don't mind, I'll have the ICM assist me!:: Remembered that much about starship combat!

    Xesh makes a break for the big guns, literally. They jumps into the seat of the Heavy Antimatter Missile Launcher turret.

    Let's show these Azlanti a**holes how we handle things in the Pact Worlds!

    ::Tell me what to shoot!::

    When everyone else does their actions:
    Antimatter Missile (with +2 from the ICM if the party allows): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
    Damage: 10d10 ⇒ (1, 5, 9, 3, 2, 3, 9, 9, 10, 9) = 60
    Critical Damage (if applicable): 1d100 ⇒ 65

    A loud raucous can be heard from the turret above.

    "BuLlSeYe, MuThA fUc--!!!"

    Xesh slaps their hand over their mandible. ::Sorry...I get a little too excited...That was a close one...::

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Vesk Vanguard - 2

    "Whoa, doods! 'Persistent Particle Beam'? Sounds righteous."

    Gunnery:
    Persistent Particle Beam: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
    Damage: 10d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 6, 6) = 38


    Human biohacker outlaw 8 | SP 52, HP 52, RP 10 | EAC 20, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +8 | Init +8 | Perc +17

    "Target your fire on the location I am marking on your screens. It looks like the primary security management station for this building."

    Karyn quickly highlighted the chosen target and sent the location to all gunnery control systems.

    1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28


    Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Many Minds + MM Handouts

    ALREADY acted:

    Science officer
    Both gunners

    STILL to act:

    Engineer
    Pilot
    Captain

    Also whomever is being Captain should choose who to boost / intimidate. You can also just aid another with the same skill too.


    Male Human Witchwarper 8 | SP: 40/48 HP: 44/44 RP: 7/9 | EAC: 25 KAC: 27 | F: +3, R: +11, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1 (blindsense 30ft), SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Alternate Outcome: 0/1 | Infinite Worlds 4/4 | 1: 6/6, 2: 4/5, 3: 3/3

    Sitting comfortably in the Pilot's chair, as they exit the drift, JJ watches the feed from the computer translate the audio from the other ships and the internal discussion. Greenhouse it is. He plugs his datapad into his console to prepare.

    JJ's uses one console to get the computer to fire thrusters for him during his upcoming maneuver while attempting to navigate through the outer Azlanti defenses.

    With the computer programmed and his course planned, JJ telepathically says to the Captain: ::Tell them to hold onto their butts! Here we go!::

    JJ pushes a button in his datapad, and the bridge is filled with loud, bassy music. JJ grins.

    Piloting /w node help: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 2 = 25

    Dataphiles

    Male Damaya Lashunta Biohacker (biotechnician, playtest) 8 | SP: 39/48 HP: 52/52 RP: 9/10 | EAC: 22 KAC: 23 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +17, SM: +17 | Speed 30ft | Injections: 8/14 | Field Dressing: 6/6 | Expended Abilities: spark of ingenuity, sdtve., psn.

    Tophoric plugs his ponytail augmentation into the ship’s power core receiver, then rapidly navigates the computer commanding it. ”Diverting energy to weapons. Give ‘em hell, friends.”

    Engineering: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Lashunta Witchwarper 8 (Xenoseeker) | HP: 44/44 SP: 42/48 Res 10/10 | EAC 22 | KAC 23 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +2 | Init +3 | Percep +0

    Matorno stands in the bridge with JJ, smiling tapping his cane along with the music. Up and to the port, he says telepathically by way of encouragement.

    Diplomacy DC 15: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32

    Oh look I made it :)


    Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Many Minds + MM Handouts

    Strike Team does its strafing run on the King Xeros greenhouse! With the encouragement of Captain Matarno, Pilot J.J. just barely makes his flyby maneuver, deftly avoiding incoming fire from the azlanti, and makes a smooth landing. Science Officer Karyn deftly targets systems, and although Sauros’s shot just barely glances off the greenhouse, Xesh’s powerful shot hits home, taking out the largest contingent of the Azlanti forces guarding the greenhouse.

    As you step out of your Drake, pale-green plants writhe and shrivel as they burn away from the lunar surface, ignited by the blast of starship weapon fire. Plumes of light-gray smoke billow from the inferno, rising as high as the fractured atmospheric shell before getting sucked through the cracks and dissipating into the vacuum of space. Near the center of the broken field stands a wiry research tower, barely visible beyond the roaring flames.

    See Map on Slide One

    You approach from the northeast, working your way towards the research tower just beyond the southwest edge. The ascending stone stairs are difficult terrain, and the depleted atmosphere necessitates the use of armor environmental protections or similar resources to breathe. Stone barriers and intact trees provide cover, and the entire area has low gravity.

    ★--- ★ --- ★ --- ★

    Who Goes First?:

    Initiative, J.J: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
    Initiative, Karyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
    Initiative, Matarno: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
    Initiative, Sauros: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
    Initiative, Tophoric: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
    Initiative, Xesh: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

    Initiative, Aeon Guards, Red & Green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
    Initiative, Aeon Guard Specialist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
    Initiative, Izepthar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

    ★--- ★ --- ★ --- ★

    Then you hear the rustling of trees, and you realize that you’re not alone in this greenhouse! "आक्रमणकारियों ने उत्तर में उतरा! चलो उन्हें गर्मजोशी से स्वागत करते हैं, क्या हम?"

    "हे, हे। हाँ, चलो इसे गर्म करें।"

    Azlanti:
    “The invader’s ship landed to the north! Let’s give them a warm welcome, shall we?”

    “Heh, heh. We’ll make it HOT.”

    Two aeon guards move forward, readying their weapons!

    ★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

    Round 1
    Active conditions: Low gravity, thin atmosphere and some difficult terrain.

    Red + Green Aeon guards

    ================================

    Matarno
    Sauros
    Karyn
    J.J.

    ================================

    Aeon Guard Specialist
    Izepthar

    ================================

    Tophoric
    Xesh


    Lashunta Witchwarper 8 (Xenoseeker) | HP: 44/44 SP: 42/48 Res 10/10 | EAC 22 | KAC 23 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +2 | Init +3 | Percep +0

    Up and at them, everyone - hostiles present. Matarno grants everyone haste, then runs forward, drawing his pistol as he goes, trying to get to the cover of rocks.

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Vesk Vanguard - 2

    With magical assistance, Sauros rushes forward, easily leaping over the boulder in the low gravity. When he lands, he tosses his Starknife at [red].

    "Surf's up, DOOD!"

    Starknife vs KAC: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
    Piercing Damage: 4d4 + 13 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 2) + 13 = 19

    And then he calls it back to his hand.

    If an AoO presents itself...:
    Starknife vs KAC: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
    Piercing Damage: 4d4 + 13 ⇒ (1, 4, 3, 3) + 13 = 24

    ...or if an ally is adjacent and would take damage, he'll use Intervene instead.

    Intervene (Su):
    Intervene (Su) wrote:
    As a reaction when an adjacent ally is damaged by an attack, you can take half the attack’s damage, and your ally takes the remaining damage. This doesn’t prevent your ally from suffering related effects, nor does it cause such effects to apply to you.


    Male Human Witchwarper 8 | SP: 40/48 HP: 44/44 RP: 7/9 | EAC: 25 KAC: 27 | F: +3, R: +11, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1 (blindsense 30ft), SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Alternate Outcome: 0/1 | Infinite Worlds 4/4 | 1: 6/6, 2: 4/5, 3: 3/3

    JJ was about to warp reality to speed up his comrades when he feels magic coursing through him, and glances at Matarno with a grin. He signs a quick thanks and then he is off, zooming to the fore of the battlefield and lining up his cannon.

    Move forward to stand in line with Sauros, fire Bass Cannon. Hits all of them

    Screamer vs Red EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
    Screamer vs Green EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
    Screamer vs Cyan EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
    Screamer vs Yellow EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

    Damage (So): 2d10 + 8 ⇒ (10, 10) + 8 = 28


    Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Many Minds + MM Handouts

    Matarno hastes the party.

    ★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

    The Aeon guards' readied attacks go off as Sauros and J.J. come into view!

    Red AG Assault Rifle vs Sauros: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
    Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
    Critical Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

    Green AG Assault Rifle vs J.J.: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
    Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

    ★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

    Sauros's starknife misses the red Aeon Guard! J.J.'s screamer hits red, but misses the others!
    (Unless there's some weird class or equipment feature that I'm missing?)

    ★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

    Round 1
    Active conditions: Low gravity, thin atmosphere and some difficult terrain. Haste on party!

    Red Aeon Guard (-28)
    Green Aeon Guard

    ================================

    Matarno
    Sauros (-6)
    Karyn
    J.J. (-5)

    ================================

    Aeon Guard Specialist
    Izepthar

    ================================

    Tophoric
    Xesh

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Vesk Vanguard - 2

    So with DR and Intervene I think that leaves Sauros at 6 damage (total from both hits) and JJ at 5.

    EDIT: Ooo! Yay! I was hit by a critical! That grants me 1 Entropy Point, which means +1 AC!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Human biohacker outlaw 8 | SP 52, HP 52, RP 10 | EAC 20, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +8 | Init +8 | Perc +17

    "Let's see if I managed to get the mixture right for shirren hosts," Karyn said as she sidled up beside Xesh and clamly shot him in the leg.

    The small dart didn't really hurt the shirren, just a small pinch really, but Xesh immediately felt bloated and uncomfortable. Suddenly, he released an enormous cloud of gas, the sound of the flatulence carrying even over the crackling of the flames and the sounds of imminent combat. the cloud clung to him like an aura of effluence. Odds were good that no living creature would voluntarily want to enter that.

    Using a toxicology injection on Xesh. All foes attacking in melee combat are at -2 to hit for 6 rounds. Enjoy!

    Wayfinders

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    149000-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

    Wow, the shenanigans are starting already! I love it!

    Also, laughing aloud at the 'clamly' typo. Clearly those toxic clams are the reason Xesh is suffering from flatulence...


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Human biohacker outlaw 8 | SP 52, HP 52, RP 10 | EAC 20, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +8 | Init +8 | Perc +17

    The Hadrian's Violet Clam actually shoots its sperm into nearby females. The packet can travel up to 3 meters underwater in a nearly straight line.


    Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Many Minds + MM Handouts

    The Cyan Aeon Guard Specialist flies along in his jet boots and shoots at the beefy looking Vesk. "Die, inferior reptile thing."

    Stealth Trick Attack?: 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 20 + 1 = 27 Ooh, failed by 1...
    Corona laser pistol: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
    Flame damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 = 10

    Meanwhile, a small crustacean-looking alien humanoid rushes forward. It's wearing no armor, but seems unaffected by the loss of atmosphere in the Greenhouse.

    There's a picture of it on SLIDE SIX.

    DC 19 Life Science:
    This is an izepthar, one of the many races conquered and enslaved by the Azlanti. They're adept bio-engineers and users of poisons.

    It runs forward, opens its mouth, and breathes flame on both JJ and Sauros!

    Flame breath: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) = 6
    DC 14 Refex Save for half!

    Clearly the thin atmosphere has affected the potency of its fire breath!

    ★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

    STATUS UPDATE:
    Cyan is flying above the flames, so does not get hurt by the fires. However, Red placed himself too hastily near the flames, because he's less experienced (and the GM is a doof.) He takes Flame Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 as a result!

    "Yowch!" says Red!

    ★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

    Round 1
    Active conditions: Low gravity, thin atmosphere and some difficult terrain. Haste on party!

    Red Aeon Guard (-32)
    Green Aeon Guard

    ================================

    Matarno
    Sauros (-6)
    Karyn
    J.J. (-5)

    ================================

    Cyan Aeon Guard Specialist
    Izepthar

    ================================

    Tophoric
    Xesh (Toxicology injection, -2 to hit for 2 rounds)


    Host Shirren Death-Touched Vanguard 8 | SP: 100/112 | HP: 70/70 | RP: 7/10 | DR 5/- | KAC: 25 EAC: 23 | Fort: +12 Ref: +9 Will: +7 (+1 vs disease, exhaustion, fatigue, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, or stunning) | Init: +3 | Perc.: +15 | | Speed 50 ft | EP: 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Active Conditions: Haste

    Xesh moves upward into the area of the fight, pulling out their pistol as they do so can’t remember if that carried over from PF, so correct me if I’m wrong.

    Xesh reaches into J.J.’s mind: ::What is that thing?!::

    Also, did I miss something with Sauros and J.J.? Because the stone steps are difficult terrain so how did you guys get up there in a single move action, even with haste?

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Vesk Vanguard - 2

    Jumping over them. +30-something to Jump, combined with low gravity.

    Earlier, I wrote:
    With magical assistance, Sauros rushes forward, easily leaping over the boulder in the low gravity.

    Reflex Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


    Human biohacker outlaw 8 | SP 52, HP 52, RP 10 | EAC 20, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +8 | Init +8 | Perc +17

    life science: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24

    "I believe that is an izepthar. They are natural bioengineers and poison users. I imagine that letting it poke you with anything would be a very bad idea."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Many Minds + MM Handouts

    On that roll, Karyn knows that they use venom spurs, and heal quickly. She also knows that this is a slave race that the Azlanti have broken. When they were free, iztheptars lived in hives unified by telepathy. The Azlanti used various techniques combined with iztheptar adaptability to strengthen loyalty, further lower individuality, and diminish potentially subversive telepathy. When new iztheptars are born, they imprint on their azlanti masters. Now, iztheptars contentedly serve their enslavers in roles varying from high-risk explorers to exotic pets.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Human Witchwarper 8 | SP: 40/48 HP: 44/44 RP: 7/9 | EAC: 25 KAC: 27 | F: +3, R: +11, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1 (blindsense 30ft), SM: +1 | Speed 25ft | Alternate Outcome: 0/1 | Infinite Worlds 4/4 | 1: 6/6, 2: 4/5, 3: 3/3

    Reflex Save DC14: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

    ...

    JJ sees that he's about to be engulfed in flames and attempt to pull something from another reality to help him. There's a noticable bass BWAAAH and the sudden shift in air pressure from the soundwaves diverts most of the flames.

    Reaction to reroll save with a +2

    Reflex Save DC14: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 2 = 32

    1 to 50 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hmm's Starfinder Playtest Thread All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.