Wrath of the Hellknights (Gestalt, Mythic, Wrath of the Righteous) (Inactive)

Game Master Thackery Baxter J Thorington

The Current Map

Marching Order

The Road to Drezen
Key Items Tracker.

Map of Kenabres

New Character Submissions

The ultimate battle for the fate of the world shall not be fought between Good and Evil, but Order and Chaos! Join the Hellknights as they lead the charge of the Fifth Crusade to put an end to the Worldwound!


951 to 1,000 of 1,106 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Aasimar Warpriest 6 / (Un)Rogue(Bandit) 6/Trickster 1 [HP 64/64 | AC 19/T 13/FF 16 (not flat-footed when unaware, +2 vs. traps), Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +10 | Init +7; Perception +15 | F 7/7 | B 6/6 | MP 5/5 | Spells: 5/4/0/0/0/0]

Safe to assume that Ameline shared the knowledge that the floor is trapped?


Kevroth wrote:
Safe to assume that Ameline shared the knowledge that the floor is trapped?

Yup!! trapped and shared!


D'hara wrote:

With a quick nod, D'hara knew what she needed to do. Her right foot arched slightly as her left knee bent. Her eyes closed as she began to inhale deeply. For a brief moment, time stood still. She could see each step to take, every tentacle to avoid. She could even see how she would need to contort her body to avoid the stone. It would take precision, a precision learned from a lifetime of control.

D'hara is going to take a total defense action as a standard and then try to make a single move forward. Her speed is normally 40 plus the bonus of 30 from haste gives her a single move of 70. Her CMD is 27 against grapple +4 from total defense for a 31. I marked her path on the map.


CMD: 31 vs. grapple
AC: 30, 31 vs. chaotic creatures
Fort: +13 vs. stun
Ref: +9, evasion
Will: +11, 2 vs. enchantments and effects that would sicken, nauseate, stagger, or stun; +2 profane bonus on saving throws against disease, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, and stun.
Fire Resistance: 5

Ameline shared the news about the trap, Kevroth. Waiting on Giosue and Ameline (and, technically) Kevroth


Arcanist Spells:
3rd: 3/3 | 2nd: 6/6 | 1st: 6/6 | 0th: at will; Reservoir: 9/9
hp 39/39 | AC 13, T 12, FF 12 | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +8 | Init +1 | Perc +8, Darkvision 60 ft.

Bless it all. Not a spell to deal with any of this. Giosue drew on his arcane might to ward himself.

Burning a reservoir point for energy shield (fire). 5 minutes of Resist 15 to fire.


Male Aasimar Warpriest 6 / (Un)Rogue(Bandit) 6/Trickster 1 [HP 64/64 | AC 19/T 13/FF 16 (not flat-footed when unaware, +2 vs. traps), Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +10 | Init +7; Perception +15 | F 7/7 | B 6/6 | MP 5/5 | Spells: 5/4/0/0/0/0]

I hope it is okay to use the "move through an ally's space" rule like this...

With a growl of irritation, Kevroth whispers a very fast prayer to Asmodeus in the infernal tongue of his realm, "By your Grace, Lord of Hell." As a truly unnatural economy and smoothness of movement comes over Kevroth, a trail streaks forward from him along his planned path, visible to his eyes alone. By it he can see exactly how to move to avid any of the possible futures in which an enemy successfully strikes him.

Casting Grace.

He moves back toward Ameline, crowding her for a moment, "Sorry, excuse me." Kevroth then sprints back toward the room, leaping off the ground at the edge of the tentacle covered area.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 12 = 25.

He sails through the air, arms crossed over his face as he passes through the wall of fire, to land just beyond the wall among the tentacles.

If the tentacles fail to grapple Kevroth:
Fueled by the quickening magic, Kevroth continues forward in a blur. He sprints from the field of tentacles and leaps off the ground once more just before he reaches the pillar, hands grasiping for purchase on its surface.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 12 = 32.
His feet should clear 8 feet high, minus how much you charge for the last five feet of forward movement. With the Haste spell, he has plenty of movement to manage all of this.
Climb (to, hopefully, keep his grip when he hits the pillar): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23.

Meaning of colored lines:
Light Blue = On the ground
Dark Blue = Jumping
Purple = Only if not grappled


it totally is, i'll post updates tomorrow because my head is killing me.


initiative:

Sven: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Kevroth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Giosue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Amaline: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
D'hara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Jeslyn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

And now i'm missing Ameline! BWahahahaha!! OK, i'm just going to resolve and i'll add her on the end.
Also... i'm assuming that Sven's trying to attack Jeslyn

Sven takes careful aim, giving himself over to the Godclaw. He fires twice in quick succession. The shafts fly through the air with unerring accuracy towards Jeslyn's chest. As they approach, a whirlwind of multicolored air thrashes flares to life about the cultist, and the arrows are buffeted about, pulled in every direction. But, the Godclaw guides his shafts, and they plunge straight into her chest. Green ichor oozes from the wounds, dripping onto the floor beneath her. She howls in pain, and then sighs with joy as her blood bursts into locusts that join her fray.

D'hara, girded by her faith in the Midnight Lord, cautiously approaches the pedestal and the flying Jeslyn. Like a lithe whip, the devotee of the Dark Prince spins and dances through the flailing articulated legs. Although the legs do not harm her as she pirouettes across the stones, swarms of locusts burst up from beneath her feet. They burrow into her flesh, striking at something deep within her soul. She feels fate turn against her. The chaos of the Abyss has tainted her!!! That can be the only excuse for how she does not notice the golem dangerously close to her. Its fist collides with her back, shattering ribs, and sending her careening into the burning wall. The demonic fire sears her skin, and she smells her flesh in the air. Still, these mortifications are nothing to her! She gives her joyful noises with relish to the Dark Prince! It is a blessing to suffer so to end chaos' grip on the world! She presses forward, enduring more swarms of locusts that erupt from the stones beneath her feet! One last indignity befalls her as the locusts devour her eyes, the last thing she sees is Jeslyn laughing as she suffers!

Kevroth Leaps above the tentacles. They flail beneath his boots, but he remain unscathed, even as the his flesh is seared by the fiery wall, and swarms of locusts buzz about him. Their wings send a howling wind about him, freezing him even as the wall burns him. The roar of the wings tear at him,l pounding his bones, battering his limbs. He falls to the other side, dying.

Giosue speaks precise words and a glowing blue sphere of light surrounds him. Inside, the temperature drops considerably, protecting him from the roaring heat of the fire wall.

Ameline opens herself to the mercies of the Midnight Lord, and feels his divine gift enter her. She is his conduit. Flayed cherubs surround her outstretched hand and flutter over to D'hara and Kevroth. They sink tiny claws deep into their ruined bodies, stitching together their rent flesh and shattered bones.

"FOOOLS! I am the handmaiden of the Lord of the Locust Host!! He has blessed me with great purpose! Filled me with his might!" The locusts falling from the arrows in Jeslyn's chest, fill her wounds, becoming one with her flesh.

rules:

Black Tentacles grapple roll:
CMB: 1d20 + 5 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 8 = 19
Sven's arrows encounter Jeslyn's entropic shield do they hit?
20% miss chance
arrow 1: 1d100 ⇒ 92 for real hit
arrow 2: 1d100 ⇒ 95 for real hit

D'hara heads towards Jeslyn
Her CMD is higher than the tentacles' CMB, she's not affected through her move.
trap 1: 1d10 ⇒ 1
DC 20 Will Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 Failure!?! -4 to d20 rolls permanent
She's walking through the black tentacles.. does she get grappled?
trap 2: 1d10 ⇒ 4
DC 20 Will Save - curse: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 4 = 26 success no effect
trap 3: 1d10 ⇒ 1 reroll
trap 3: 1d10 ⇒ 6
DC 20 Will Save - curse: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 4 = 26 success no effect
She also takes damage for the fire for each foot she moves.
steppin to within 20' of wall: 1d4 ⇒ 3 negated by Fire Resistance
stepping to within 10: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5 negated
stepping to within 10 again: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 negae
crossing wall - 5 fire resistance: 2d6 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (3, 6) + 8 - 5 = 12
Also, she provokes an AoO from the Flagstone Golem
AoO?: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 AC 30 crit?
crit?: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 hit and crit
damage: 4d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 2, 6, 2) + 6 = 22 plus stun
stun? DC 16 Fort Save -4 curse: 1d20 - 4 + 13 ⇒ (10) - 4 + 13 = 19 save!!
... And there are 4 more glyphs
glyph 1 DC 25 Will save: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 4 = 22 evil eye -4 to saves for 10 rounds
glyph 2 DC 25 Will Save: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 13 - 4 = 25 safe
glyph 3 DC 19 Fort Save: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 4 = 14 blind!
glyph 4 DC 20 Fort Save: 1d20 + 13 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 4 - 4 = 7 vampiric touch!
damage: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 3, 4) = 15

Ameline delays until Jeslyn has gone
channeling positive energy: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) = 12

Kevroth's actions:
avoid the golem Damn spell
but.. trips the glyphs...
glyph 1: 1d10 ⇒ 6
DC 20 Will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
glyph 2: 1d10 ⇒ 9 blast
type of energy: 1d10 ⇒ 4
Ref DC 20 for half: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 full damage
cold damage, resistance: 4d8 - 5 ⇒ (5, 7, 1, 4) - 5 = 12
glyph 3: 1d10 ⇒ 10 another blast
type of energy: 1d10 ⇒ 9
Ref DC 20 for half: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
sonic damage: 4d8 ⇒ (4, 4, 5, 6) = 19
Kevroth's Acrobatics check is higher than the tentacles' CMB, so he's safe from them.
He takes 3 set of fire damage: 20' 10' and crossing the wall
10' wall damage, resistance: 2d4 - 5 ⇒ (4, 4) - 5 = 3
crossing the wall, resistance: 4d8 - 5 + 8 ⇒ (1, 5, 6, 3) - 5 + 8 = 18 and he's unconscious.. on the other side of the wall
but, Ameline's channel will boost him back up to 6 hp on the non-heat side of the wall.

Jeslyn casts gloombind on Sven
AC 13 ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 hit!
damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 6, 2) = 14 only nets 2 damage because Ameline
DC 20 Ref Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 not blinded!
AC 13 ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 hit!
damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 6) = 20
DC 20 Ref Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Why can't i blind him?!!?!

End of round. EVERYONE UP!

effects:

Black Tentacles centered on the wall of fire (and not affected by it)
D'hara: Mage Armor activated before Peryton fight +4 AC (1 hour)
4). Activate Bark Skin Qinggong monk ki power for 1 ki point, +2 Natural Armor (40 minutes)
5). Activate Protection from Chaos spell-like ability, +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves vs. Chaotic creatures and affects, target is immune to any new attempts to possess or exercise mental control over the target, and the spell prevents bodily contact by evil summoned creatures (4 minutes)
Swift Action: cast divine favor
Standard Action: active death's blessing

AC: 26 (20 + 3 mage armor + 1 haste + 2 barkskin)
blinded (permanent), -4 to all d20 rolls (permanent), -4 to saves (for 10 rounds)

Kevroth:
1) Shield of Faith (+2 AC, deflection, 5 minutes)
2) Bless (+1 to attack, weapon damage, and all saves, morale, 5 minutes)
3) Ironskin (+4 natural armor, enhancement, 5 minutes)
Bless applies to all of us, and Kevroth is willing to share his wand of Divine Favor

Sven
Ironskin already up (5 minutes, AC26)
Rapid Shot: -2 Hit (+1 Attack)
* Point Blank Shot: +1 Hit and +1 Damage
* Studied Target: +2 Hit +2 Damage
* Divine Favor: +2 Hit +2 Damage
* Judgement: +2 Hit
* Bless: +1 to attack, weapon damage, and all saves, morale
+6 Hit +6 damage, +1 saves
To Hit: +12/+12
Damage: 1d8+8
Saves: +9/+9/+9 (+2 vs Posion, Spells and Spell Like Effects)

Giosue: Fire Reistance 15 for 5 minutes


HP (58/68) Saves (9/11/10 +2 hardy) AC (22/13/19) Init (+9) Invis (1/1) IS (1/1) Bane (6/6) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Judgement (2/2) Perception (+14) Mythic Power (5/5) LS (2/2)

Why can’t you blind him? Because...he is protected by the godclaw, of course . That and he has pretty good saves.

Hit with PBS: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (3, 4) + (3, 1) + 11 = 22
Hit?: 1d100 ⇒ 50

Hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (3, 3) + (3, 2) + 11 = 22
Hit?: 1d100 ⇒ 81

”If it bleeds, I can kill it.” That was when her power hit him. Staggering back a step, the pain was blinding. But, gritting his teeth, he kept his faith. He had given he soul willingly to the Godclaw. He would die for his faith. But he’d prefer to kill for it. Two more arrows were raised, and released in quick succession. Not as accurately fired due to the pain, but they were still shot with enough skill and blessings to Hit all but the more protected of foes.


Male Aasimar Warpriest 6 / (Un)Rogue(Bandit) 6/Trickster 1 [HP 64/64 | AC 19/T 13/FF 16 (not flat-footed when unaware, +2 vs. traps), Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +10 | Init +7; Perception +15 | F 7/7 | B 6/6 | MP 5/5 | Spells: 5/4/0/0/0/0]

Really? Proximity triggers? Even so, shouldn't the glyphs count as a kind of trap? His reflex save is +2 vs traps, and he has another +2 from haste and bless which should make his lowest save from that group a 20.


Female Hellspawn Tiefling HP 78/78 | AC: 21, T: 20, FF: 21, CMD: 26 | Saves F +10, R +10, W +13 | Init +8 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +12 | Status: Normal

As the darkness settled over her, D'hara quickly took stock of her situation. Surrounded by chaos, even cursed by it. Her sight stolen, her body beaten. Her father would be proud. One hand went to her chest as she quietly thanked her father for the training to endure the pain.

Refusing to succumb to her wounds so far, D'hara staggered forward. Each step forward was a testament to her training and fortitude. She tried to listen to the sound of the foul woman's voice, but the ringing in her ears make it near impossible.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Perception, cursed: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 4 = 12


Swift Action to activate Healing Judgement
Move Action to actively search with perception
Stand action to cast cure light wounds
5-ft step forward, closer to the pillar


Kevroth wrote:
Really? Proximity triggers? Even so, shouldn't the glyphs count as a kind of trap? His reflex save is +2 vs traps, and he has another +2 from haste and bless which should make his lowest save from that group a 20.

Proximity triggers. I'll count the saves and fix the damage. he's at full.

Need Ameline


Male Aasimar Warpriest 6 / (Un)Rogue(Bandit) 6/Trickster 1 [HP 64/64 | AC 19/T 13/FF 16 (not flat-footed when unaware, +2 vs. traps), Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +10 | Init +7; Perception +15 | F 7/7 | B 6/6 | MP 5/5 | Spells: 5/4/0/0/0/0]
Dragonofashandflame wrote:
Kevroth wrote:
Really? Proximity triggers? Even so, shouldn't the glyphs count as a kind of trap? His reflex save is +2 vs traps, and he has another +2 from haste and bless which should make his lowest save from that group a 20.

Proximity triggers. I'll count the saves and fix the damage. he's at full.

Need Ameline

Did he fall unconscious as described? If not, was he able to complete the movement?


Kevroth wrote:
Dragonofashandflame wrote:
Kevroth wrote:
Really? Proximity triggers? Even so, shouldn't the glyphs count as a kind of trap? His reflex save is +2 vs traps, and he has another +2 from haste and bless which should make his lowest save from that group a 20.

Proximity triggers. I'll count the saves and fix the damage. he's at full.

Need Ameline

Did he fall unconscious as described? If not, was he able to complete the movement?

d'oh. Yes. he's completed his movement. placnig him there now.


Ameline?


I also need Kevroth's action, too. Utpdating tomorrow.


Male Aasimar Warpriest 6 / (Un)Rogue(Bandit) 6/Trickster 1 [HP 64/64 | AC 19/T 13/FF 16 (not flat-footed when unaware, +2 vs. traps), Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +10 | Init +7; Perception +15 | F 7/7 | B 6/6 | MP 5/5 | Spells: 5/4/0/0/0/0]

Sorry for dropping that ball. How far up the pillar did he manage to get? I will get his action posted after work today.


Arcanist Spells:
3rd: 3/3 | 2nd: 6/6 | 1st: 6/6 | 0th: at will; Reservoir: 9/9
hp 39/39 | AC 13, T 12, FF 12 | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +8 | Init +1 | Perc +8, Darkvision 60 ft.

Those tentacles would be a nuisance. Giosue had nothing he could do about them just then. Lacking better options, he invoked Arrows of Law upon the chaos cultist.

Magic missile.
Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 3) + 3 = 14


Kevroth wrote:
Sorry for dropping that ball. How far up the pillar did he manage to get? I will get his action posted after work today.

Giggidy... Um.. he got 1/4 of the way up. Figure, it'll take him about 4 rounds at regular climbing speed to get up there. I forget what i said the DC was, lets go with DC 20 because i like round numbers. And the crystals provide some small handholds, but they're too smooth to really get a super-good grip


Female Hellspawn Tiefling HP 78/78 | AC: 21, T: 20, FF: 21, CMD: 26 | Saves F +10, R +10, W +13 | Init +8 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +12 | Status: Normal

Don't forget about haste!


initiative:

Sven: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Kevroth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Giosue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Amaline: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
D'hara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Jeslyn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

”If it bleeds, I can kill it.” That was when her power hit him. Staggering back a step, the pain was blinding. But, gritting his teeth, he kept his faith. He had given he soul willingly to the Godclaw. He would die for his faith. But he’d prefer to kill for it. Two more arrows were raised, and released in quick succession. Not as accurately fired due to the pain, but they were still shot with enough skill and blessings to Hit all but the more protected of foes. Twice his arrows strike true!! He can almost see the Godclaw tear apart the whirlwind surrounding Deskari's handmaiden, and Sven's bolts stike deep into her side, nearly tearing her apart. She howls as green ichor rains down on Kevroth below her.

The ichor burns a little and sizzles where it falls, but, still, the priest Asmodeus pulls himself higher up the pedestal. He bites down on his lip, to quell his cry, but Ameline's healing darkness bills him, soothing his blistering skin. No actual damage, just flavor text. Behind him, demons stitch D'hara's wounds closed. The pain is exquisite, but it is a mortificaition she endures with relish. Shrouded in darkness, D'hara stumbles forward, towards the witch's shrieks.

Beyond the fire wall, Giouse intones precise words. Harsh, clipped phrases hang in the air as though cast in burning iron, before bursting into green bolts of pure light. They hurtle through the air and tear through Jeslyn's wings. She wobbles in the air, barely holding herself aloft.

"Great Lord! Bring your judgement! End the non-believers!!" Jeslyn throws her hands to the air and laughs. Locusts burst from her lips and swarm through the air and take the shape of a large hammer over the heads of Ameline, Sven, and Giosue. With one sickening buzz, the hammer collapses to the ground. The locusts buzz around the armigers, burrowing into their flesh, filling their heads and ears with chaotic thoughts and madness!!! Still, they fight on, somehow, their duty filling them with purpose and will!

rules:

Sven
DC 21 Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 full damage +slowed, cancels Haste
Ameline
DC 21 Will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 full damage + slowed, cancels Haste
Giosue
DC 21 will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 1/2 damage and no slow

damage: 4d8 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 3) = 9
slow: 1d6 ⇒ 6


HP (58/68) Saves (9/11/10 +2 hardy) AC (22/13/19) Init (+9) Invis (1/1) IS (1/1) Bane (6/6) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Judgement (2/2) Perception (+14) Mythic Power (5/5) LS (2/2)

I believe this means that I am staggered with a -1 penalty on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves? Also due to hardy it should have been +10 instead of +8...still failed though.

Sven felt the magic work it's way into his being.

Hit: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
Damage: 2d6 + 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 3) + (4, 1) + 11 = 23
Hit?: 1d100 ⇒ 83

He raised his bow, though it was like moving through water. He pulled an arrow into position, and with a whispered prayer, pulled the string back. He focused exclusively on his foe. This follower of false gods. Sower of discord, child of chaos. She was everything that he hated. What he fought for was a world that was perfectly ordered, where everyone know their place. Where there was no crime, no murder, no want. Perhaps it was an echo of his old life following Droskar, or just the culture he grew up in, but he saw the world as a machine. Where every person was but a small piece of it. A widget, to be thrown away and replaced when it stopped working. But it was a world devoid of cruelty, or malice. It was just how things *should* be. And he was more than willing to kill to make it happen.

By my count that is 120 damage from arrow fire, from a +3 weapon and using cold iron arrows for DR. That's...got to have put a dent in her HP.


[ooc]Oh ya. everyone is up!


Arcanist Spells:
3rd: 3/3 | 2nd: 6/6 | 1st: 6/6 | 0th: at will; Reservoir: 9/9
hp 39/39 | AC 13, T 12, FF 12 | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +8 | Init +1 | Perc +8, Darkvision 60 ft.

Disorder! Giosue cursed mentally. But his disciplined mind forced away the worse of it with his iron submission to Law. [b]"Mine is the Path Unbending, Anarchist!" he said coldly before hurling another barrage of missiles.

MMs: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 1) + 3 = 12


Male Aasimar Warpriest 6 / (Un)Rogue(Bandit) 6/Trickster 1 [HP 64/64 | AC 19/T 13/FF 16 (not flat-footed when unaware, +2 vs. traps), Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +10 | Init +7; Perception +15 | F 7/7 | B 6/6 | MP 5/5 | Spells: 5/4/0/0/0/0]

Kevroth grimly continues to climb.

Is there any way I can use acrobatics to try and climb faster? Maybe by jumping to a higher hand hold or by swinging around to an easier path up?


Female Hellspawn Tiefling HP 78/78 | AC: 21, T: 20, FF: 21, CMD: 26 | Saves F +10, R +10, W +13 | Init +8 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +12 | Status: Normal

With one hand still on her wounded eyes, D'hara again channeled positive energy through herself. She continued to stumble forward, blindly making her way to the enormous pillar that housed what was left of the ward stone.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

With her free hand outstretched in front of her, she reached for the pillar.

Unless she encounters more traps that stop her from doing so, D'hara will begin climbing the pillar, moving towards Jeslyn's voice.

Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Initiative:

Sven: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Kevroth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Giosue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Amaline: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
D'hara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Jeslyn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Sven recoils as he feels the witch's magic work into his muscles. Still, he is a Hellknight, and shall not fall to the pathetic ploys of chaos! He raises his bow though it's like moving through water. He pulls an arrow into position, and with a whispered prayer, pulls the string back. He focuses exclusively on his foe. This follower of false gods. Sower of discord, child of chaos. She is everything that he hates. What he fights for is a world that is perfectly ordered, where everyone know their place. Where there is no crime, no murder, no want. Perhaps it's an echo of his old life following Droskar, or just the culture he grew up in, but he sees the world as a machine. Where every person is but a small piece of it. A widget, to be thrown away and replaced when it stopped working. But it is a world devoid of cruelty, or malice. It is just how things *should* be. And he is more than willing to kill to make it happen.

He looses his arrow and several things happen at once.

Giosue flings his hand outward, sending a pitchfork wrought of green flame. Meanwhile, Ameline utters a muttered prayer and then utters a joyful noise unlike any she has ever made before. Her skin walks free of her body, leaving her standing a bleeding thing of sinew and blood. The skin hurtles through the air, and grasps the missiles in the air. The twin bolts merge together, trailing the skin like a flapping banner through the air. It splatters blood on D'hara, healing her eyes instantly. The arrow strikes into Jeslyn, running through her chest and coming out the other side. She screams in agony, as locusts and other vermin billow out the wound.

Kevroth, with one single heave of his arms, flips to the top of the pedestal, and barbed wire tied to hooks stitch her wounds closed.

"I will not be stopped!! I CANNOT!!!! I am the Wings of Ruin! I am the Scouring Wind!! I am the Handmaiden of the Lord of the Locust Host!" She digs her claw deeper into the wound, pulling it wider, and sending out more vermin. "Dark Lord! Hear my prayer!! Slay the unbelivers!! Come!!!!! Bring your darkness to me!!!!!!!!" Her golems collapse into heaps of rubble, their magic gone as sickly purple-blue flame leaps from their forms and enter Jeslyn's eyes. Her body swells and bulges, her veins begin to glow.

End of Round. You have 1 more before she does a thing that will make you all very very dead.


HP (58/68) Saves (9/11/10 +2 hardy) AC (22/13/19) Init (+9) Invis (1/1) IS (1/1) Bane (6/6) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Judgement (2/2) Perception (+14) Mythic Power (5/5) LS (2/2)

Hit: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
Damage: 4d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 1) + 11 = 27

”Cannot?” Sven muttered. ”That’s elf talk.” Despite the magic holding him back, Sven brought another arrow to his bow. He could tell something bad was going to happen, but the thought of fleeing did not even enter his mind. If he died, he died. But it would be with his wounds to the fore and with a great story to tell to his gods when he met them.

Cant wait until I get manyshot at lvl6...that could have been 8d6+22 damage right there


Male Aasimar Warpriest 6 / (Un)Rogue(Bandit) 6/Trickster 1 [HP 64/64 | AC 19/T 13/FF 16 (not flat-footed when unaware, +2 vs. traps), Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +10 | Init +7; Perception +15 | F 7/7 | B 6/6 | MP 5/5 | Spells: 5/4/0/0/0/0]

Kevroth's voice is soft as he draws the short length of carved wood from behind his back, "By our Father's will, you are undone."

Following carefully the instructions they received back in the citadel, he jabs the Rod of Cancellation against the remnant of the wardstone, releasing its magic negating effect into what was left of the artifact that had guarded against the demon hordes of the Worldwound for so long.


Ok, i've had an exhausting week. I'm goign to post tomorrow (short story: 3 hour lock down tuesday, and tons of meetings this week... update tomorrow


Female Hellspawn Tiefling HP 78/78 | AC: 21, T: 20, FF: 21, CMD: 26 | Saves F +10, R +10, W +13 | Init +8 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +12 | Status: Normal

Seeing no other alternatives, D'hara continued to climb. One bloodied hand after another stretched upward searching for any hold to grab onto.

Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

She quickly became frustrated with the difficulty of the climb and her lack of success. Instead of continuing, she drew her whip and sent it upward. It flew through the air, defying gravity as it reached up towards the heavens and finding a perch. It snaked around a stone protruding from the pillar and constricted tightly. Now with a rope firmly in place, she smiled slightly beneath her scarf and continued to climb towards Jeslyn.


”Cannot?” Sven mutters. ”That’s elf talk.” Despite the magic holding him back, Sven brings another arrow to his bow. He can tell something bad is going to happen, but the thought of fleeing does not even enter his mind. If he dies, he dies. But it will be with his wounds to the fore and with a great story to tell to his gods when he meets them.

He looses the arrow D'hara clambers up the pedestal, distracting the witch enough that her whirlwind lets the arrow through. It pierces her chest and the winds collapse around her. She looks down a horrified scream escaping her lips as Kevroth slams the rod into the remains of the wardstone.

Time seems to freeze for a moment, as the wardstone glows with a golden light. Then, a thousand angels sing as one as the stone shatters, spraying crystalline shards throughout the room and blasting the roof from the garrison. Almost instantly, though the golden light becomes a green flame that fills the room.

Cruel hooks and barbs wrap around Ameline's tattered corpse, pulling her ruined flesh back to her body, along with the skin from Jeslyn and the other corpses in the garrison, until she stands, whole and renewed, her body a psalm of the Midnight Lord's truths to the world!

Iron melts about Hellstrider's tattered body, cooling instantly with the scent of brimstone. She stands, clattering in spiked armor, a champion of the Hellknights. Beside her, stands Iavdi, hellforged circuitry and gears restored to perfect working order.

Iron spiked cuffs clamp about the armigers' limbs at wrist, ankle, and neck. Chains sprout from the cuffs and link to each armiger in turn until they stand together in a web of chains. At the center, an armored fist clenches the chains tight, each finger tinted a different color: gold, red, green, blue, gray, and white. Green flame burns along the chains, spreading from the gauntlet and covering the armigers. They do not burn, rather, the flame enters them, filling them with power and strength.

Their minds are filled with potential and raw power! They are as GODS! The see everything! They see green flames burst along the entire length of the border wall between the Worldwound and Mendev, incinerating any demons within five miles of the border towers, as they erupt into giant pillars of golden-tinged green flame.

They see back into time, as the Hand of the Inheritor--the herald of Iomedae--steps forward, lifting a large glowing gemstone above his head. His halo of swords spins as he speaks in several tongues: Draconic, Celestial, Infernal, Dwarf, and Vudrani. Fire, chains, coins, light, and
feathers surround the gem, filling it, binding it. The gem splits into several pieces, each carried by a knight who rides away.

Another ripple in time, and they see Halrun putting a torch to several witches tied to stakes in the courtyard of the Kite. Their scream and smoke fills the air, ashes and embers fall from the sky like snow.

Time parts again, and Khorramzadeh, the Storm King, leads a horde of demons against Kenabres. The Storm King's sword strikes a resounding blow against the wardstone, but only a tiny crack forms as the blade shatters. The demon is attacked and forced to flee when the silver dragon Terendelev nearly kills him, but the damage is done.

Another wrinkle in time, and the the armigers see Irabeth chasing a burly dwarven man--Staunton Vhane (leader of the Hammers of Heaven mercenary group into the courtyard containing the wardstone. Both are heavily wounded, and as Staunton backs against the wardstome, smoke rises and he screams in pain. He ducks to avoid one of Irabeth's blows, then manages to smash her knee with his hammer, dropping her to the ground. Staunton seems ready to deliver a death blow, but the sound of approaching soldiers forces him instead to back away and summon a fiendish giant wasp that swiftly carries him away to the north, abandoning Kenabres.

Time draws nearer, and they see a beatiful demonic woman with a long thing tail, clawed hands, and curling horns protruding from where her eyes should be, placing the wardstone fragment in this room. They see Jeslyn, in the throws of ecstasy, scream, locusts bursting from her to form a cage about the fragment before Minagho (the other woman) disappears in her own swarm of vermin.

Once more time parts, but this time the image is hazy, unclear, as though a painting half-formed and never to be finished. Another woman--Areelu Vorlesh, they somehow, know, lifts a deep purple Nahydrian crystal the size of a human's head and thrusts it deep into the heard of the fragment, forever corrupting it. The entire border flashes with a nauseating mauve fire that devastates the border cities and transforms countless crusaders into half-fiend slaves of the Worldwound. Such was their plan. Such has never come to pass. The woman looks up and stares at the armigers, horrror mixed with profound rage battles across her beautiful face as the image crumples into tatters about he. She screams in rage as the image fades to nothingness.

Now, their attention is drawn to the room and the present. The woman stands before the armigers, flickering and half-formed--a projection. "You think you've won?! You think we can be stopped so easily!? You pathetic fools! Your power, your faith, your ... DISCIPLINE... means nothing!!! NOTHING!!!! She laughs madly and cuts the air before her. Her claws sink into the world, somehow disappearing in thin air as she tears and thrashes against reality. The air pulls apart and the maddening screaming void of the Abyss in all its misery stands open. Filling that void are hordes of demons. They charge through, but, Ameline, Hellstrider, and Iavdi thrust out their hands, and shove. Areelu's image shatters, ripped apart by energies not even she can comprehend, and the portal closes, leaving behind severed vrock beaks, wings, and babau arms. The three slump, taxed by their power, and ignored by the six demons that stand in the room now...

a couple of things:

1) you're 6th level. have fun
2) you gain 1 mythic tier
3) you can kill the babaus if you want through rolls, or "handwave" them to death with cool wordings of boomery.
4) we have completed the first book of Wrath of the Hellknights.


Male Aasimar Warpriest 6 / (Un)Rogue(Bandit) 6/Trickster 1 [HP 64/64 | AC 19/T 13/FF 16 (not flat-footed when unaware, +2 vs. traps), Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +10 | Init +7; Perception +15 | F 7/7 | B 6/6 | MP 5/5 | Spells: 5/4/0/0/0/0]

Kevroth reels back from the onslaught of visions, memories, and the pure POWER of his Lord of Hell! As he staggers back, he reaches the edge of the pillar and stumbles. Turning, he converts his loss of balance to a controlled jump down from the pillar and lands on top of one of the babaus with his kukris sunk to the hilt at the base of its neck and his wrists crossed. With a wrench of his arms his crossed blades neatly sever the fiend's head and neck from its body.


Male Aasimar Warpriest 6 / (Un)Rogue(Bandit) 6/Trickster 1 [HP 64/64 | AC 19/T 13/FF 16 (not flat-footed when unaware, +2 vs. traps), Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +10 | Init +7; Perception +15 | F 7/7 | B 6/6 | MP 5/5 | Spells: 5/4/0/0/0/0]

As he crouches upon the decapitated babau, he starts to glow with a deep inner light, painful in its purity. A voice deeper than the gravity well of a dying sun echoes for a moment in the minds of the faithful, "Not today! You belong to me, Kevroth."

The light dims and takes on a steely cast, dimming still further until it disappears altogether leaving his skin with shining in the ambient light like burnished steel.


HP (58/68) Saves (9/11/10 +2 hardy) AC (22/13/19) Init (+9) Invis (1/1) IS (1/1) Bane (6/6) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Judgement (2/2) Perception (+14) Mythic Power (5/5) LS (2/2)

Testing out lvl 6. Active Modifiers after swift action mythic surprise strike
Divine Favor (+3 Hit +3 damage)
Bane (+2 hit +2 damage +2d6 damage)
Studied Target (+2 damage)
Sneak Attack (+2d6+6 damage)
Coordinated Shot (+1 hit)
Rapid Shot (-2 hit)

VS AC19

Mythic Manyshot: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Damage: 2d6 + 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 4) + (3, 2) + 15 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 2) + (3, 1) + 15 = 26

Mythic Manyshot: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 1) + (6, 1) + 15 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 3) + (3, 5) + 15 = 27

Mythic Manyshot: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Damage: 2d6 + 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 6) + (1, 3) + 15 = 26

4 hits. 104 damage done, ignores any DR

Sven paused as his tattoos flared with divine power. He could feel the eyes of the gods on him. Abadar, Asmodeus, Iomedae, Irori, and Torag. All of them had their eyes upon him, he was certain of it. And they approved of his devotion.

Raising his bow, he put in a single arrow. To his eye, he could see that there five. Kevroth was in the midst of slaughtering one of the Babau. Already he had it's head off. Another was coming up behind him. Sven let the arrow fly. When it hit, four arrows impacted in the demon's chest. It didn't even get a chance of shriek before it died.

Babau Charge: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

A second demon charged at him. He could see it clearly, it's glistening skin, it's fanged mouth...it leapt at him, snapping.

But minutes ago, he would have had to step back and make space to fire. But now? He grabbed an arrow. It...coalesced into a gauntlet, each knuckle now shining with divine energy.

No bane used. Swift action mythic to make it flat footed for sneak attack damage

Mythic Manyshot: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 5) + 13 = 21
Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 4) + 13 = 18

Mythic Manyshot: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 3) + 13 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 6) + 13 = 22

Mythic Manyshot: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 1) + 13 = 15

79 damage done, demon goes down to -6 wounds

Sven, gripping the arrow, brought his fist around. His hand, encased in the gauntlets, impacted with the demon. The creature's head caved in under the force of the blow. He had hit it with a strength that far surpassed anything that he had ever been able to do before.

It fell to the ground, twitching. He brought his boot down onto it's neck, ending it's misery.


Ok, i lied. one more day and then updating. Gonna give Giosue and D'hara another day to get updated


Female Hellspawn Tiefling HP 78/78 | AC: 21, T: 20, FF: 21, CMD: 26 | Saves F +10, R +10, W +13 | Init +8 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +12 | Status: Normal

For a moment, D'hara did not trust her eyes. The effects of the blindness still lingered in her mind more then she would ever admit. When the chapters of various stories played out in front of her, she was suspicious. She didn't realize their significance at first. She felt an odd kinship with the inheritor and she smiled ever so slightly as Halrun used fire to purge falsehoods but they were all just scenes, almost hallucinations, to the princess of chains.

It wasnt until the dust settled around the demons in the room that D'hara felt at ease. Her hands clenched into fists and she charged into the nearest demon. Her spinning heel kick took it right in the chest and it staggered back a few feet. D'hara used the momentum to bring hammer fist after hammer fist raining down on the abyssal spawn. The more she punched, the more her hands began to ache and the happier she became. She was lost in the ectascy of her own pain, oblivious to the scene around her.


sorry, for the delays. holiday and competition happening saturday. I've been getting home around 8pm every night (including the weekends) trying to get robots up to snuff.

thanks for being patient with me. Ugh, i'll be updating tomorrow. I'm about ready to crash...apparently i need more than 3 hours of sleep a night.


HP (58/68) Saves (9/11/10 +2 hardy) AC (22/13/19) Init (+9) Invis (1/1) IS (1/1) Bane (6/6) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Judgement (2/2) Perception (+14) Mythic Power (5/5) LS (2/2)

Take it easy, sounds rough. I’ll be here.


Male Aasimar Warpriest 6 / (Un)Rogue(Bandit) 6/Trickster 1 [HP 64/64 | AC 19/T 13/FF 16 (not flat-footed when unaware, +2 vs. traps), Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +10 | Init +7; Perception +15 | F 7/7 | B 6/6 | MP 5/5 | Spells: 5/4/0/0/0/0]

All good, Dragonof, take care of yourself and good luck!


YOUR PATIENCE HAS BEEN REWARDED!!!!

TWO FIRST PLACE TROPHIES AND ONE THIRD PLACE TROPHY!!!!

HARD WORK (AND THE SLAVISH DEVOTION... ER THE GOODWILL OF MY PAW...PLAYERS) HAS WON THE DAY!!

Yes, my students learned what it felt like crush their enemies, see them driven before them, and hear the lamentations of their ...coaches (we aren't gender-biased in Lego robotics).


The demons fall with ease. The armigers barely acknowledge the fiends' presence, and the demons fairly melt before their intense fury. They stand at the eye of a hurricane of blood and violence. Blood flies from their weapons and the demons scream in agony as their souls are torn apart by the disciplined might of the Hellknights! in mere moments, the demons are ended, and the armigers stand amidst a sea of evaporating demonflesh.

The armigers ride through the ruins of Kenabres, a roar of triumph surrounding them as they grimly return to Fort Nebarious. A week later, they receive word that they are summoned to Tirablade's office.


HP (58/68) Saves (9/11/10 +2 hardy) AC (22/13/19) Init (+9) Invis (1/1) IS (1/1) Bane (6/6) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Judgement (2/2) Perception (+14) Mythic Power (5/5) LS (2/2)

A week had passed. Sven certainly felt different. He knew what it was like to have the blessing of the gods on him. It came when he prayed to them, and it was always a brief explosion of power. Now it was constant. It was a constant reminder of the trust that was placed in him, and sitting idly did not feel right.

He went to Tirablade's at a brisk pace, eager to see why he was summoned.


Male Aasimar Warpriest 6 / (Un)Rogue(Bandit) 6/Trickster 1 [HP 64/64 | AC 19/T 13/FF 16 (not flat-footed when unaware, +2 vs. traps), Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +10 | Init +7; Perception +15 | F 7/7 | B 6/6 | MP 5/5 | Spells: 5/4/0/0/0/0]

Kevroth spends the week trying to understand what has happened to him, praying to Asmodeus for guidance, and aiding the Hellknights in purifying the city of any lingering pockets of demonic or chaotic taint.

When the call comes, he is quick to respond, reporting to Tirabade's office eagerly.


The armigers assemble in Tirablade's offices as ordered. The commander's rooms are completely unchanged from before. The same rigid stand with resolute purpose as they did when the armigers left to liberate the Gray Garrison from the demons' clutches. The siege of Kenabres, the battles that raged through the streets of the ruined city, completely missed this room. Indeed, except fora few scorch marks and quickly-repaired cracks, even the outer walls of Fort Nebarius seemed completely unaffected by the sea of chaos that had surged not but a few days gone. And, now, the four armigers stand in the center of the room, as ordered. The half-orc, herself, stands staring out an arrowslit, her back turned to them, arms clasped behind her. Beside her stands a woman in an armored silver and blue dress. The two stop and turn to address the armigers.

"So... you are the ones who stopped the demons' plot, and saved my kingdom." The queen of Mendev stands before the armigers!


Arcanist Spells:
3rd: 3/3 | 2nd: 6/6 | 1st: 6/6 | 0th: at will; Reservoir: 9/9
hp 39/39 | AC 13, T 12, FF 12 | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +8 | Init +1 | Perc +8, Darkvision 60 ft.
Dragonofashandflame wrote:

The armigers assemble in Tirablade's offices as ordered. The commander's rooms are completely unchanged from before. The same rigid stand with resolute purpose as they did when the armigers left to liberate the Gray Garrison from the demons' clutches. The siege of Kenabres, the battles that raged through the streets of the ruined city, completely missed this room. Indeed, except fora few scorch marks and quickly-repaired cracks, even the outer walls of Fort Nebarius seemed completely unaffected by the sea of chaos that had surged not but a few days gone. And, now, the four armigers stand in the center of the room, as ordered. The half-orc, herself, stands staring out an arrowslit, her back turned to them, arms clasped behind her. Beside her stands a woman in an armored silver and blue dress. The two stop and turn to address the armigers.

"So... you are the ones who stopped the demons' plot, and saved my kingdom." The queen of Mendev stands before the armigers!

Giosue made a precise bow, deferential but not entirely submissive.

"We are, Your Majesty."


HP (58/68) Saves (9/11/10 +2 hardy) AC (22/13/19) Init (+9) Invis (1/1) IS (1/1) Bane (6/6) Lvl 1 (5/5) Lvl 2 (4/4) Judgement (2/2) Perception (+14) Mythic Power (5/5) LS (2/2)

Sven followed suit, clasping one hand over his heart while bowing his head, respectively.


Male Aasimar Warpriest 6 / (Un)Rogue(Bandit) 6/Trickster 1 [HP 64/64 | AC 19/T 13/FF 16 (not flat-footed when unaware, +2 vs. traps), Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +10 | Init +7; Perception +15 | F 7/7 | B 6/6 | MP 5/5 | Spells: 5/4/0/0/0/0]

Kevroth also gives a salute of respect to the monarch, "A pleasure to serve the cause of Law and Right Order, Majesty. But more than that, a duty to serve."


Female Hellspawn Tiefling HP 78/78 | AC: 21, T: 20, FF: 21, CMD: 26 | Saves F +10, R +10, W +13 | Init +8 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +12 | Status: Normal

Dropping down to one knee, D'hara quietly bowed her head as a sign of respect. Content to let the others do the talking, she said no words. Instead she maintained her submissive stance in homage to the Queen.


The queen nods. "You have sacrificed much, for the cause of Order and Law. But, you are true heroes, in every sense of the word. Though I may not agree with your methods, the gods of Law have placed their faith in you, and so must I."

Tirablade looks at the queen askance, but she calms at a small gesture. "You have struck a powerful blow at the heart of the Abyss. But, in so doing, you have left my kingdom, nay the world, at even greater risk. The Wardstones are fallen, shattered throughout the North. Without them, there is nothing to hold back the darkness when it marshals itself. And, marshal they will. The Hordes of the Abyss do not make sound strategies. But, they are nothing if not adaptable. They are scattered for the moment, but they will rally. I have placed my forces under Tirablade's command--much to the protests of my generals. But, as I told them... a handful of Hellknights have done more than a legion of paladins."

She gives the half-orc commander a fond smile. "Besides, I trust her. We have known each other well for quite some time. While she commands the defense of the border, and the rebuilding of Kenabres and the other fortress cities, you, armigers, must be a lance, striking hard and fast, deep into the territory of the Worldwound itself. I have given your commander a map of the blighted lands; it is all the reconnaissance my spies and soldiers have gathered over the years. I doubt it is the most accurate of documents, the world is... impermanent... under the sway of the demons. They seem to warp the very fabric of reality itself with their mere presence. But, one thing IS permanent: Dresden. It was a fortress of the crusades, once. It is a fortress of the enemy, now. It is the seat of one of their chief commanders,and an important knot in the net they have cast over the world. Claim it, and we shall cut a hole in their web they will not be able to repair."

Tirablade hands the map over to D'hara. "You have a week to prepare. All of our resources are at your disposal."

The queen gives a firm nod to the armigers and then turns to look out the arrowslit once more. She need not speak the dismissal, her meaning is clear to all with eyes and good sense.

Ok, so, how do you want to proceed? You can try to do the army combats thing or a more guerrilla-style approach. It's up to you.


Female Hellspawn Tiefling HP 78/78 | AC: 21, T: 20, FF: 21, CMD: 26 | Saves F +10, R +10, W +13 | Init +8 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +12 | Status: Normal

D'hara accepted the map with only a curt nod of her head. Nothing else was required so she slipped the map into the folds of her robes and rose, ready to depart. She had an apprentice to check on, a prisoner to visit, and information to gather.

951 to 1,000 of 1,106 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wrath of the Hellknights (Gestalt, Mythic, Wrath of the Righteous) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.