Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle

Game Master Laithoron

[ Links: Matrix | ToC | Wiki ]


9,301 to 9,350 of 11,113 << first < prev | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | next > last >>

Lureene, her mind dulled by the strong drink, turned to watch the strange interplay between the Dafaran guards woman and Isaac but her location of the exedra blocked her view.

Strange. I wonder what is happening now....Why did Sash run off like that?

As Lucio turns his attention to her, she feels the usual sensation of being ogled by a man. Curiously it helped calm her nerves as she is certainly used to that.

"Well, Lucio, she finds it hard to stay in one place for very long. As Gelik says, she is quite skilled with her blades. I think it is a mark of wisdom to avoid keeping a short leash on her, wouldn't you say?"


Isaac continued to have that nervous look on his face as he watched Amoya leave and chewed on the corner of his lip before he straighten his expression and stood up. "Forgive me boys, but I have some other matters to attend too, I apologize for the silence I just have a lot on my mind and not much to say." he said and took a short bow and nodded to sasha as she walked over to him. "yes dear?" he said looking down at her.

ooc:
sorry for my silence everyone, but I'm pulling out of the rp for the moment :) I'll be back soon enough


"Oh, you're leaving?" Seemingly from out of nowhere, Isaac found Sasha standing beside him, pouting as she stood on one leg, hips cocked as she drew her other foot back and forth across the floor, hands clasped before her demurely. "Say, who was that anyway, she was kind of cute, huh?"


"yes, I have to go for now, but I'll be back." he said putting a smile on for her, not wanting her to worry about anything.

He placed a hand on his side as he turned to look where Amoya had gone and let out a small sigh, "that would be the one and only corporal Amoya Echorn..." he said smiling a bit before turning to Jaro. "I think you'd have fun with that one, more than a petit princess, maybe I can arrange something for you." he said still grinning at the idea and shook his head, "anyways, duty calls, enjoy your luncheon." he then bowed to his princess and waved to everyone else and took his leave.


"Aww," Sasha pouted momentarily, but quickly brightened and laughed commented cheerfully, "Well if duty calls then a warrior has to go, right?"

Although none of the men picked up on it, behind her seemingly carefree smile, Sasha's bright green eyes desperately searched Isaac's face, trying to discern who this Amoya was to him.

Is she why Izey hasn't paid Ellie and I any attention since we got here?

It was only when Isaac turned to speak with the well-dressed man with the brown beard that she even noticed Jaro.

Wait... so that guy likes Lissi, but Izey's going to hook him up with that Acorn girl instead?!

Rolls:
Sense Motive Checks:
Bluff Checks
S 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 29 seductive, human

D 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24
I 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
S 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20 human


Sasha was still smiling, seemingly staring off into space as Isaac recovered from his bow and began to leave. She was just about to hurry after him, heart leaping with excitement at her realization that he was not interested in Amoya when a familiar voice, inaudible to everyone else, tickled her ear, "Why don't you keep Isaac's seat warm for him, Sash? I'm sure Darvesch could use some company."

From behind the silk fan she had used to disguise her message spell, Alis gave the huntress a wink. "Don't worry, I'm watching out for Lureene."

Rolls:
Perception DC 25
D 1d20 + 15 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 15 - 5 = 24 distance (Sasha), distractions
L 1d20 + 9 - 5 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 5 - 5 = 18 distance (Alis), distractions


"Oh..." Sasha blinked in surprise before turning towards Darvesch and absent-mindedly saying "Okay!" to no one in particular.

With a smirk, the red-head cocked her head and gave a little wave. "Well might as well keep his seat warm for him, right?"

There was a clank of armor as she practically hopped onto his spot at the table and did a little shimmy before draining Isaac's glass. Casting an eye at the remaining ribs, she asked, "Hey Harborguy, you going to eat that?"


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

LK Calendar: Uniens 22, 4210 — Rosday
Time: 3:30md (midday, 3:30pm)

There was a cracking sound followed by the slurping of hot juices and tender flesh. Bits of reddish chitin and broken legs lay strewn about the area, a grizzly monument to an inhuman hunger. More than an hour had elapsed since the feast had begun in earnest, yet some appetites were not so easily sated...


"So yeah," the rapacious huntress said, breaking off another crab leg, melted butter dripping from her long fingers, "if you ever have to fight a giant, just go for the nads! No personally I always like a nice sharp blade, but if all you've got is a club or a stake then it's better than nothing, right Darv?"

In spite of the fact that the dwarf had pushed his plate away some time ago, and Jaro looked full to the point of discomfort, Sasha Nevah showed no signs of slowing down. Even now, as one of the servers began to clear away the main course, she hurriedly snatched up something from Jaro's plate that had caught her eye.

When the sound of a knife striking a glass resounded throughout the great hall, she murmured, mouth full, "Waww mah, Aw ope dessewt ish gunn be hewe swoon! Ish iz aww swo goo!"


Lureene spent most of the time during the main course juggling the intricacies of how to sample each portion of the succulent feast without making herself nauseated. For some reason she is reminded of banquets on her home plane...which were far from joyous events for her. She also found herself battling the twin effects of the strong drink and of Lord Gallo, who seemed to take it upon himself to keep her wineglass filled, in between stuffing bites of the various dishes down his massive gullet.

More than once she found herself resisting the urge to use her magical enchantment power to charm the Lord into obedience, order him to dance upon the table then use the opportunity of the distraction to slip away. Whenever the urge grew, she felt the reassuring gaze of Her Highness upon her which brought a sense of calm over her.

Are these affairs meant to be suffered through? If so, maybe I should consider a new line of work... She thinks with a wry grin. Somehow I think 'Lis is not testing just the nobles here...Dessert had better be STUPENDOUS!


Much to the chagrin of those who had not adequately paced themselves, Princess Alissariel rose to her feet which necessitated that all others should also rise. As the last chords from the chamber orchestra echoed and fell silent, the rainstorm now a gentle drizzle, she addressed those assembled in a pleasant tone, "I realize that it is customary for affairs of this sort to stretch late into the evening, but we all have so much work ahead of us that I would not dream of delaying such progress."

"So, before we take our dessert, I would like each of you to explain the thoughts you were debating on how we might better Dafar — particularly the lot of our under-represented Zuck population." Smiling faintly, tapping a mithril and ivory sceptre in her left palm, she asked, "Who will be bold enough to speak first?"


Dwarf Lightbringer

Darvesch stands in response to his Princess's call, "I can't assume I know what they might be thinking. However, were I in their position, and truly wanted to assimilate the new local culture, I'd feel increasingly less useful, more restless, and possibly bitter toward those who would ignore my existence." He clears his throat, looking to everyone in the room*. "As a remedy, I'd propose making them truly feel wanted. Make them feel like they belong. Because, after all, that's exactly how we all feel." He says with an authoritative voice*. "I propose giving them jobs. Give them tasks to help build, repair, and re-purpose buildings. Train them in other things they may have interest in, such as military training, trade crafts, and scholarly pursuits." Briefly, Darvesch pauses to catch his breath, "And most importantly. Ensuring they are treated no differently than anyone else." He takes another look around the room before he sits, finished with his speech.

GM/Rolls:

* Sense Motive 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38 judging the reactions of nobles
* He says with an authoritative voice - Alis should know this isn't directed at her, rather at the nobles.


Baron: Whaling

"Princess," Baron Dagonius began, puffing his chest out as he tug on his lapels, "I like the way that dwarf thinks. Why I was just saying to my friends here that if you want a boy to become a man then you need to trust him with responsibilities! Now I'm not saying to go handing out keys to the treasury, but a man can be responsible for the well-being of his people, his teammates. Those Zuck boys have a fine warrior tradition, I reckon given the right motivation they'd make just fine soldiers."


Young Noble

"Your Highness," Poe interjected, holding up a pale finger, "I believe that the... natives have already shown their prowess in warfare at the expense of our last governor and much of the haaarbor. Perhaps first civilizing them would be in order. Why even the half-breeds are infamous for their tempers..."

Although the young elf nodded knowingly, the temperature in the western exedra could have frozen flames as Naiobe and Lilyana glared at him with the Princess herself arching a golden eyebrow at his response.


Despite the fog caused by the rich food and drink she had consumed, Lureene could not help but notice the effect Poe's ill-informed comment had on the ladies seated next to him.

I...I am speechless. How can some make such a comment like that. I wonder if he realizes who and WHAT his new ruler IS?

She stands to her feet, swaying slightly as the wine makes its effects apparent. Facing the western exedra, she declares in a tone mixed with mirth and grace. "Ohhh I don't know Master Poe, I would not say ALL half-breeds have short tempers. In fact, I believe there are some half-breeds that combine the best qualities of their parent races. Such people make excellent...ohhh what is the word I am looking for? Oh! I know...Your Highness!"


Dwarf Lightbringer

Darvesch can't help but smirk and hold back a laugh at Lureene's comment. It's like he hasn't been listening to what I or Rinaldo has said..


Of all the–

While Lord Poe's blunder was embarrassing enough, at Lureene's comment it took everything Alis could muster to fight down the rising surge of ire threatening to flush her cheeks. That even her Fændi found the situation amusing certainly didn't help either. Beside her, Countess Sempronius Eldarion was doing a remarkable job of mastering her scorn, but even though Lilyana was trying her best, her gasp of shock did not the notice of most.

Far across the room however, Darvesch could tell that Alis wroth far exceeded that of Lilyana. Unlike the younger woman who had been raised in a land where her half-elven heritage increased her status in the eyes of most, it had been very much the opposite for his Frænka. Both Poe and Lureene would have been hard-pressed indeed to have found a better chink in the Princess' armor.

Much like the dwarf, for her part Amhranai could tell that Lady Hlokenar was of a mind to brutalize both Poe and Lureene, although she could only guess at what might be going thru the mind of the other half-elves in the room. Certainly Melianna looked aghast and even Iole seemed angry.

Darvesch:
From your dealings with the NPC with whom you have interacted (i.e. Jaro), you believe that he has no issue with what you have said. For the most part, he doesn't seem to see why there should be a big fuss made about anyone, if there's a job to do, simply hire whomever can get it done.

In terms of the nobles with whom you have not interacted... Well, it is more difficult to say. Rinaldo at least seems to be enthusiastic, albeit may have only heard half of what you said. Naiobe also nodded approvingly while there were a few raised eyebrows or even shrugs of indifference from Iole, Lucio, and Elendreth. Whether that mean they are inclined to disagree or simply wonder how you mean such steps should be brought to pass is difficult to discern without having engaged them in conversation.

Rolls:
Bluff Checks
A 1d20 + 25 - 10 ⇒ (3) + 25 - 10 = 18
A 1d20 + 25 - 10 ⇒ (20) + 25 - 10 = 35 bit of luck

L 1d20 + 11 - 10 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 10 = 21 hard to believe
N 1d20 + 25 - 10 ⇒ (18) + 25 - 10 = 33 hard to believe

Sense Motive Checks:
M 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
D 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32
L 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 5 = 9 drunk
S 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5 human


Baron: Farming

From the back of the room, a issued a snipe comment, "Better a half-breed than a half-wit, I say."

As all eyes turned, Baron Bonati ran the back of his finger along his pretty wife's cheek.

"Besides, I rather prefer the company of those who might be half-bred," he turned his head, dark eyes pin-pointing Poe, "rather than those who lack any breeding to begin with."


Noble Lady

"Your Highness, plea–" As Poe looked about, obviously confused as to what Lady Ourson and Lord Bonati were getting, his aunt tried to intercede on his behalf, but was quickly cut off when the Princess held up her hand for silence.


Taking a measured breath, before smacking the head of her scepter into her open palm, the Princess said, "Lord Poe, your input had been duly noted, and I thank you for your warning, that shall be all. Lady Ourson, kindly escort the young lord to his carriage, there is no need to detain him here further."


Lureene looks slightly confused at her Highness' royal command, but there is no mistaking the tone in her voice which will brook no delay.

Standing up while glancing to the exedra, Lureene has a brief moment of panic as she was not sure who Alis was referring to. Fortunately Poe clarified the situation as he was the one she referred to since he just exited the exedra. She walks slowly to him, nearly stumbling in her heels more than once before she holds her hand out for him to take.

"This way please, Lord Poe."

At least I will get away from that fat slob for a moment...


"Oops," Sasha whisper to Jaro and Darvesch, "guess that's my cue too. Heh... cue too.""


Young Noble

While Sasha approached to watch over Lady Ourson, Poe held up his hand, giving those assembled a wave by rotating his hand in place with a slight pivot of the wrist. To say that he looked confused would have been an understatement.

When Sasha had reached Lureene's side, the latter offering him her hand, the young nobleman turned and bowed to the Princess instead, "A most deliiightful party, your Highness. Auuntie, try not to tarry."

Upon turning back to still find Lureene offering him her hand, he gave a wan smile and hesitantly took it as if trying his best to minimize the contact his pristine white gloves had with her hand. When the trio were finally out of earshot of the great hall, and the sound of renewed discourse reached echoed across the gardens, he commented, "A most unusual banquet. Are we to take our dessert in the aaatrium then?"


Lureene notes the discomfort of Poe in touching her hand and hides a smile. Even though Lureene's hand was perfectly clean and her glossy pink manicured nails glistening in the late afternoon sunlight, he still treated it like a poisonous viper, ready to strike.

It does serve you right, insulting Alis and ME like that, Poe. I suspect you don't believe you did anything wrong here.

She nods to the young nobleman elf. "I agree Poe. I think her Highness wanted to...how can I put this delicately....shake things up like Sash would say. Still I am not going to let something like this keep me from DESSERT! Let us find a seat..."

Once the three of them have settled in the atrium, she waves a servant over. "Please make sure dessert is brought to us here, thank you."

As they get settled, she asks Poe. "So, POe, you mentioned civilizing the native Zucks earlier. How would you go about doing that?"


While a servant hurried off to obey Lady Ourson's command, others hustled to retrieve a trio of U-shaped chairs with tall, curving sides and low backs. These they set near the rectangular pool beneath the central skylight, its surface rippling as rainwater continued to drain into it from the tiled rooftop far above. Although the shallow pool was now full to brimming, its fragrant water lilies glistening in the faint mist that still fell, cleverly hidden drains ensured that it drained silently, always remain just below the level of the surrounding floor.

With a sigh of contentment, Sasha knelt beside it briefly to wash her hands before splashing some water on her face. "Well I don't mind when we shake things up, but this is kind of nice, it reminds me of the good parts of home — the big house I mean, not my mom."

Humming happily, she picked a pair of flowers, weaving one into her now damp locks before adding the matching bloom to Lureene's hair. "I wonder what's for dessert," she thought quietly.


Young Noble

Poe raised an eyebrow as the steel-clad huntress amused herself, without regard for the threat the rain posed to her ornate armor. Yet before he could correct the hapless human, a question from Lureene intruded into his thoughts.

Before her the young noble gave a slight shake of his head as if she'd just roused him from a trance. Placing the fingertips of his right hand to his chest he began, "How would I civilize the Zucks?"

As if he were basking in sunlight, Poe tilted his face skyward, eyes closed as he drew a deep breath. "Why I should imagine they should first be bathed and then attired in proper fashion — Elven or... no, no, Patrician in this case. They are just humans after all. Once they look proper, they must be taught how to speak properly as well. I rather imagine Elvish would be difficult for them to maaaster but the Estorian trade tongue should suffice (better than Malatestan at least)."

Unmoved by a "Hey!" from Sasha at the remark, he continued, "Laaastly, once these ruffians look and sound like upstanding members of society, we must then take it upon ourselves to teach them how to comport themselves with dignity. Aaafter all, we shouldn't want for them to end up surly and ill-tempered like that guardswoman, Amoya, who came to fetch the good Maaarshal. All bloody business with that one, I rather imagine she'd raise the dead just to kill them again for looking at her wrong..."

Sniffing a bit and smiling with satisfaction at his obviously ingenious plan, the young lord looked around and asked, "I'm not seeing any tortes or truffles... there will be truffles, won't there?"


"Now then," Alis said, looking towards Lady Elendreth after her nephew had departed, "I believe you were about to share your own thoughts on my question, were you not, Lady Elendreth?"


Noble Lady

"I–" Looking quite pale even for an elf, the wizardess took a deep breath and nodded twice slowly, lips pressed tight as she swallowed. "Yes, your Highness, of course."

Stepping forth and doing her best to compose herself, she said, "I must admit a certain degree of uncertainty as to how we should proceed. If our aim is to civilize the native population that they might enjoy what we deem to be a suitable standard of living, then that would imply our goal is to indoctrinate them into our own culture."

"In that case, we have only to look at the histories of those empires who have dominated other human peoples to see that there are a number of... practices that may be seen as efficacious albeit ethically tenebrious." At a raised eyebrow from the Princess, she quickly added, "Not that I would advise such a course of action or broach decorum by going into greater detail, of course."

"No," she shook her head, "as unpopular as it may be, I believe that the balance which we know to have existed two-hundred years ago was the most stable — Elves and Patricians, keeping to their city-state while engaging in only limited contact with the native peoples of Dafar. After all, is our King's noble goal here not to protect the Zucks against exploitation? Rather than thrusting self-rule upon a diverse indigenous people still locked in the throes of tribal rivalries, perhaps we should instead endeavor to maintain a border state along the Bay of Desolation to serve as a bulwark for the interior."

"Should the Dafari, Obanohi, and Qungolo desire to trade with us or adopt our ways then so be it, but for all our sakes, perhaps a healthy measure of mutual isolation would be best. Call it remaining separate yet respectful."

With that, the elven abjurer gave her curtsy and stepped aside without further comment.


Dwarf Lightbringer

"I wonder if I should bring up my plan at this time, or leave the issue with myself and Alis.. Darvesch thinks for a moment while everyone has their turn to speak.


Harbormaster

"Now wait just a minute," came an outburst from the back of the room. Stepping forward, the city's harbormaster, Jaro Corvinus, looked more than a bit agitated, his tone indicative of a man who cared little for courtly decorum.

"It was my understanding that we're trying to figure out what to do about the Zucks here in the capital. There are are towns and cities all along the rivers. What are the people living in them supposed to do if we suddenly consolidate along the coast? They're not just going to up and move here anymore than the Zucks out in The Flats are going to go back where they came from either."


Baroness: Textiles

"I believe," Lady Lammontari offered, "that Lady Elendreth is suggesting her solution transpire over a more lengthy timetable — one of several human generations, am I correct?"


Noble Lady

The wizardess nodded deeply towards the Harbormaster. "Yes, forgive me. Lady Lammontari is quite correct, my good man."


Harbormaster

Master Corvinus crossed his arms and gave the wizardess a stern look, head cocked to one side, "Alright so your plan basically requires that every human living in Rardin, Batasuno, and any outlying towns either relocate or simply live out their lives without fathering any children?"

He raised an eyebrow, "Yeah... right."


Guildmaster: Viamaré Concern

"Hmm, there is a great deal of wealth that flows in and out of Dafar thru this city," Lord Gallo commented. "A city of this size could never flourish if cut off from such resources. We may have enough farmland along the bay, but we would lose most of our exports. Unless our King intends sustain such a state at a loss, it would never survive. We would still need to maintain trade within the current borders."


Amhranai absentmindedly pushed the remaining food around on her plate as the others spoke back and forth. The main course-what she ate of it, having filled herself on the hors d'ouevres-tasted well enough, but the process became mechanical as the elf stole surreptitious glances around the exedra and courtyard beyond. Conversation at the table had devolved into topical subjects she paid little attention to, only enough to know when to nod, smile, shake or deliver a few brief words.

A wistful look came over the elf's face as a servant collected her plate from the table and returned it to the kitchen. One less thing to feign distraction. Alis' question caught her off-guard but, as she reprimanded herself, shouldn't have been that much of a surprise given what had already occurred. Looking around the table, Amhranai saw the others were nonplussed, however briefly for the Baron at least. While trying to look disinterested, ears pitched upwards as she took in first Darvesch's thoughts, followed by the Baron's words (quickly dismissed, as she had already heard something similar), before cringing as Poe promptly stuck his foot in his mouth.

Familiar with Poe's sort, she had already bet herself on the length of his presence and, with a mental exchange of currencies, shook her head as she glanced around at the half elves. Idiots like these make me wonder why I stayed in the military for so long. Ah the bonds of shared experiences. Did she purposefully ask Lureene to escort that idiot? Even craning her head forward, it was hard to tell without being able to see Alis' face across the distance. Amhranai turned to the woman's voice for clues: there was certainly steel in her voice, but was that ire directed at him or both? Lureene's face betrayed nothing as the two walked past, Sasha on their heels. What in Iluvatar's name possessed Elendreth to even bring him? She doesn't strike me to be as addled as the boy.

As more of the others offered their opinions or half-formed ideas, Amhranai felt an uncomfortable pall settle in her thoughts. Is this now the right time to lay everything bare? With all these others present? She recalled words spoken to the Lammontari woman and glanced around suspiciously. What can I say that might not induce chaos or swift retribution after I leave here? Before I even make it to the door? She tasted blood and, a moment later, pain yelped from her lower lip, as her lower canine pierced flesh. Upper lip drew down over the lower as her tongue swept away the blood. Darvesch has already raised some points that I would address, so perhaps the audience is not as hostile as I'm thinking. Bah, who am I kidding? Once word gets out, he'll find himself busy fending off assassins.

The elf sighed, repositioning herself in the chair, contented to deliberate a bit longer.


Harbormaster

"Well, it might be a moot point," Jaro grumbled, arms folded across over his deep chest. "When the Zephrys put into port a few days back, they had two captured Freebooter ships in tow. Word from Pier 21 is that the Princess and her allies engaged them off Reaver's Shiv, killed one crew, took another prisoner, and sent another fleeing. Killed some big-shot dragon-mage too if the stories are to be believed."

"Princess," he said sternly, "if the Confederation decides to retaliate then we might as well be arguing over who's captain over a ship with its sails on fire."


Guildmaster: Builders

An uncomfortable silence settled over the chamber at the Harbormaster's revelation until the master architect cleared his throat. "Your Highness, the city's defenses are in shambles. A common threat to us all could prove to be the foundation upon which to build support for the future. What the Zucks lack for in skilled labor, they make up for in manpower. If they need work, then it would be a start."


Baron: Farming

"You might as well," Baron Bonati commented with a wave of his hand, "that locust plague a couple months ago flooded the Outer Quarter with displaced riff-raff. They've been nothing but trouble."


Countess

"Why that's odd," Naiobe said casually, "I would have imagined you could have used the extra supply of labor in your new fields. Did that incident not increase the demand for your produce?"

SM DC 27 (Alis, Amh):
Although it was worded as a question, there was an undertone of accusation that you could pick up on. The Veldt had indeed suffered a severe locust plague earlier in the year following some minor earthquakes which caused many to relocate downstream to Port Eldarion and other communities. What Naiobe is implying is an imbalance of supply and demand.

Amh only: From what Amhranai herself knows, Iole Bonati has profited from the increased supply of workers by allowing the Zucks to underbid one another. This has driven down the Zuck's wages while allowing profits to increase in spite of the additional workers hired to work the new fields he had cleared.

Rolls:
N Bluff 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27

Sense Motive Checks:
A 1d20 + 25 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 25 + 4 = 44 alertness
M 1d20 + 12 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 6 = 31 circumstance (K: Local)
D 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26


Baron's Wife: Farming

In a small voice, the Baron's beautiful wife spoke up, trembling slightly as she tried to stand up for her husband, "But it's true, there are too many field hands now! We wish that we could hire more of them, but even with our new fields we can only afford so many."

There was no doubt that it took a great deal of courage for the young half-elf to stand up to the city's 'First Daughter', but it was also apparent (at least to most) that Melianna genuinely believed what she was saying, even if others knew better.

Rolls:
Sense Motive Checks:
A 1d20 + 25 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 25 + 4 = 46 alertness
M 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
D 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28

N 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (19) + 25 = 44


Lureene listens to Poe's 'solution' for solving the racial gulf between the Elvish people and the native Zucks with a mixture of amusement and frustration.

How can this...this bigot believe that? The Zucks may not have embraced all of the trapping of civilization but I don't believe they are any less civilized than his precious Elves! If his attitude is prevalent among the Elvish people, than 'Lis' job will be that much tougher...

She is careful to hide her thoughts from him, still feeling insulted at his crack earlier about half-breeds. Being one herself, she could sympathize with the Princess view. Sipping on her water to relax and help clear her mind (and her palate), she runs her fingertip over the lip of her goblet and gazes at the elf.

"Sooo...you say all we need to do is teach the Zucks to be civilized. An admirable goal, I must say. However, let us say there are certain Zucks who do not wish to partake of these lessons. What do you propose to do with them, Lord Poe?"

I suspect many of them would refuse to partake in the honor of being treated like a child...


Young Noble

The young lord got a curious look on his face at Lureene's comment and stroked his smooth chin as if he had a goatee. At length, he gave a light laugh and nodded knowingly. "Yeees, it would be quite absuurrb for them to refuse, wouldn't it? Why it would be like a man, long parched from the desert, refusing a drink of waaater."

Greatly amused at his mistaken conclusion that Lureene had been joking with him, he raised his hand as if to give her a pat on the shoulder, before grimacing and folding his hands instead. "Bravo, 'twas a good joke."

Rolls:
Sense Motive Checks:
L 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
S 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

P 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5


You are one straaange little guy, Pope...

Shaking her head at the thought, the huntress suddenly remembered something from earlier. "Oh hey, so what's the story with you almost getting killed? Something about a rock guy and a cat girl in a gladiator arena right? Do they really hold bloodsports here? I bet I could really clean up, don't you think, Ellie?"


Uh oh better head this off at the pass...

Lureene touches her bodyguard's shoulder teasingly. "Sash if you need an increase of your stipend all you need to do is ASK!" Chuckling softly to herself, she turns back to face Poe genuinely curious about his story.

Be good to learn something of him, he really is a mystery to me.


"But– but it would be fun..." Sasha's voice trailed off in disappointment, lower lip protruding as she pouted quietly.


Isaac, finally coming back from being called off by one of his corporals couldn't help but raise a golden eyebrow at the trio by the reflection pool, one of which being Amoya's companion. While he heard her complain about him, there was a slight fondness in her voice that she didn't show for just anyone. He can't be all that bad if Amoya find's him amusing, he's just a kid... He reasoned and approached the three of them.

"Hello Ladies and Lord Poe, why are the three of you out here? What did I miss?" He said, whispering Poe's part to make him think he was part of the ladies, just to tease the young elven lord, a smile on his face to hide the fact that something could have been wrong in the first place.


Young Noble

"...which is when she took my sword thrust without flinching and replied, 'A fine cut, here's mine–'" At Isaac's greeting, the young lord turned, raising an eyebrow at the interruption, "Ah, good day Lord Marshal, I was just beginning to regale Lady Oouurson on how her Grace, Lady Taurion met her end in spite of my best efforts to the contrary. It is quite the gripping tale, I assure you — I by myself facing off against four half-breed assassins... your predecessor nowhere in sight... Yeees quite heroic if I do say so myself."


"Wait, I thought that Moyo chick and some rock guy was there. Wasn't there a cat too?"


Young Noble

Turning back to Sasha, Poe waved his hand dismissively, "A minor technicality. By the point at which they had arrived I believe it was quite too late for the Governor. Albeit Ms. Echorn did arrive in the nick of time to stanch the mortal blow I had received."


By the Gods, he certainly has an exaggerated view of his capabilities not to mention a healthy dose of hubris here...must be an Elvish trait. Still want to stay on his good side...if that is even possible.

Lureene smiles at Isaac and waves him over. "Nice to see you again, Isaac. I hope there is no world shattering emergency looming which requires her Highness' attention?" She points to one of the chairs sitting nearby, "Would you like to join us for dessert, or do they require your presence inside...where all the fun is?"

9,301 to 9,350 of 11,113 << first < prev | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.