OGGM's Fortress of the Stone Giants (Inactive)

Game Master Jeff Przybylo

Having pacified the Hook Mountain region, our heroes learn of an impending attack on the town of Sandpoint, where their adventures began only a year ago...


801 to 850 of 1,213 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)

Ref: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Ref: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

As the massive sea of flame comes right at him, Oh man this is gonna hurt, the dwarf thinks to himself, his thoughts just so happen to be spot on as he roars in pain. "BLAST! IT'S ALWAYS FIRE!" The dwarf is blackened like a seriously overcooked piece of toast but he manages to keep his feet as Tomaru's healing manages to subvert some of the pain.

Hp's: 72/136

He then turns to Aurora, a look of relief upon him. "Well done, lass, on the work ya did on those beasties. I couldn't've taken another blast from 'em." He nods in thanks.


Human Cleric 15; HP 100/132+10| AC 24 (27/29) T 14 (14/16) FF 22 (25/27)| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +18| Init +2 Percep +7| Channel Energy 6/9

Now that I've seen everyone's posts, Tomaru will change his round 2 action to another Channel Positive Energy: 6d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 5, 3, 3) = 23, again excluding the two dragons.


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)

Thordak takes a couple of vials from his pack and drinks them both, blindly tossing the bottles behind him once they're empty.

Drink Potion of bear's Endurance and Cure Moderate wounds for my two rounds.

Potion of CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 7) + 3 = 18 BOOM! Awesome!

Hp's 113/136(currently 135/158 w/Bear's Endurance)


Female Gnome Sorcerer 13, hp 80/80, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +16/21/23, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft, see invisibility
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +16, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +22

Aurora forces a smile at Thordak's thanks

Poor children, still that is their nature, fire and blast and not listen to reason and arrogance... oh the arrogance...

she trails off shaking her head sadly as she speaks words in an unintelligible tongue, and suddenly there are more of her standing there.

Mirror image

Now Master Thordak, are you amenable to my enhancing your physique to increase your combat prowess against whatever clawed monstrosity we face further down the corridor?

Presuming Thordak nods his agreement, or even just stands there without comment, she lays a soft hand on his arm and he feels incredible warmth spread through his body as her magic takes hold, muscles bulge and his axe becomes the size of a small horse.

cast enlarge person, will last 11 minutes

effects:
+2 size bonus to Strength, a -2 size penalty to Dexterity (to a minimum of 1), and a -1 penalty on attack rolls and AC due to its increased size.

A humanoid creature whose size increases to Large has a space of 10 feet and a natural reach of 10 feet. This spell does not change the target's speed.

Your weapon also gets bigger and benefits from larger damage dice!

Status: hp 68/68, mage armor , mirror image: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 images
Spells: 5th 5/5, 4th 3/7, 3rd 8/8 2nd 7/8, 1st 5/8; Spell tattoo 2/2, AC 21 (25 versus giants)


We have everyone in, but I'm buried in an all day meeting. Will get in as soon as I can.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)

As the dwarf grows twice his own size, what appears to be an almost maniacal grin slowly forms. "Oh yeah, now THIS is what I'm talkin' about. Nice bit o' magic there, lass," he says, giving her a wink. Popping his neck to one side and then back to the other, "Time ta bring the pain," he says, gripping his longaxe tightly. His thoughts then drift to his last statement for a moment which eventually causes him to look back to the others. "And I mean 'me' bringing the pain to the bad guys; not for 'them' ta bring the pain ta me, see. I figure I ought ta clarify because I don't want it ta sound like I'm ready for the pain ta come my way. Plus, if ya think about it, it just wouldn't make any sense ta say: 'I'm ready for the pain ta be brought ta me', ya see. That's just dumb," he says as a matter of fact, oblivious to the fact of how he himself sounds right about now. Turning back and readying himself to face what's heading their way, he grins confidently. "Oh yeah, we'll be bringin' the pain."


Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

"Not so stupid, perhaps, if you plan to stand in front of us as a living shield," Lym mutters under her breath.


GM Screen:
Ref sv: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The sound of the claws gets louder and then two large figures appear around the corner. The ball lightning spell flashes, but the figures are unaffected.

"Oh sister!" one of them crows, "they ARE here!'

"Yes, sister! says the other, "they shall be delightful sport before we eat them!"

ROUND ONE (again): You guys go, then the lamias. Map is up.


F/R/W: +20/+20/+18 AC/T/FF: 32/18/26; CMD: 34; Heroes’ Feast +1; Perc: +21; Init: +7; Max HP: 153; Current HP: 153; Temp 0; Resist Fire, Elec, Sonic 30, Cold 88, Acid 120

Praxim activates smite evil against panther legs.

Arrow: 1d20 + 19 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 19 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 22 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 + 22 + 8 = 41

Arrow: 1d20 + 19 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 19 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 11 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 11 + 8 = 25

Arrow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 19

Arrow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 11


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)

Thordak's memory is all too clear at the sight of the lamias as he remembers quite clearly what happened when they faced just one. As his fury comes to the forefront quite quickly, "YOU LOT! Oh yeah! There'll definitely be some pain!" The dwarf takes a step over and attacks with gusto.

Moved to current square; Attack yellow lamia.

+1 Dwarven Longaxe w/PA: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
Damage: 3d6 + 24 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5) + 24 + (4) = 38

AC 17; Hp's 179/202(Potion of Bear's endurance: 28 rounds left); Elemental Rage: Acid(1d6); Fire resist 10; Rage 7/31; DR 2/-


Human Cleric 15; HP 100/132+10| AC 24 (27/29) T 14 (14/16) FF 22 (25/27)| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +18| Init +2 Percep +7| Channel Energy 6/9

Tomaru readies an action to Dispel Magic.
Dispel Magic: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 v 11 + caster level.


Female Gnome Sorcerer 13, hp 80/80, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +16/21/23, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft, see invisibility
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +16, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +22

Aurora sees the arrows blur past and the mighty blow from Thordak, and carefully scrutinises the results to see if her magic is also needed.

Ready an action: If either Lamia is still standing then cast Burning Arc doing fire: 10d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 4, 6, 2, 3, 4, 2, 2, 2, 4) + 10 = 45 to the first and fire: 5d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 5, 1, 2, 4) + 5 = 23 to the second, Reflex save DC 20 for half.


Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

If either llamia is still standing, Lym hurriedly rattles off a summoning spell.

Going for a hound archon to protect us from charm effects!


You know, I've been sitting here like...'geez, what's taking them so long', totally not realizing you're waiting on me! <heavy sigh>

GM Screen:
Seleval hp 116; Zaelsar hp 138

Praxim's arrows bounce harmlessly off of the lamia's thick hide - clearly there are more to these two than what is obvious! Likewise, Thordak's axe hits his target, but she laughs off the strike!

Ref save S: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Ref save Z: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Not so much Aurora's flame. The lamia sisters scream in pain as they are scorched by the spell. The smell of burnt fur fills the room, and steam bursts from where the icicles are hit by the flames.

The first lamia wades in with her falchion against Thordak, her flashing blade hacking at the enraged dwarf.

att 1: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (20) + 24 = 44 Confirmed at +24 damage: 4d6 + 26 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 1) + 26 = 35
att 2: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25 damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 1) + 13 = 16
att 3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 3, 1, 6) + 13 = 28

ouch -79 hp Thordak

The second grins evilly as she targets Aurora. "Burn me, will you, little one? We shall see how you feel being a host for the Mother of Monsters!" Arcane words flow from her lips as a green mists begins to form around Aurora. Just as quickly, Tomaru's counter takes effect, and the Poison spell is negated!

Perception DC 15:
Each of the lamia's wears a golden holy symbol about their necks - the stylized head of Lamashtu! These are clerics of the Mother of Monsters!

ROUND TWO: you are up. Lym, I put your archon on the map for you to move.


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)

Really?! Completely immune to our damage?! Especially with Praxim's Smite which bypasses all DR?! Okay, I want to know if any of US has that kind of magic because THAT will REALLY come in some handy for Thordak. I've never heard of that kind of immunity. That's just freaking awesome.

Also, on Attack 1 and Attack 3 you rolled the same damage(4d6). The first was a crit so I'm not sure exactly why the 4d6 on the Attack 3. Unless Attack 2 was also suppose to be 4d6? That might be it. Just curious.

And technically, a natural roll of 1 would not confirm. But seeing how those kinda odds are against me... meh. *Shrugs*

As he gets sliced and diced, the dwarf's blood flies high and wide. Attempting to shake it off, he barely manages to keep his feet. "Oh yeah," he says with much less gusto, "there'll be pain... pain I'm tellin' ya," he manages to get out just before spitting a glob of blood out. Noticing the fire from Aurora causing them a good deal of pain, he brings about his own flame as he continues his assault, undeterred by his previous lack of success.

Activate Elemental Rage(Lesser) fire(swift) for 1 round

+1 Dwarven Longaxe w/PA: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Damage: 3d6 + 24 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 24 + (5) + (1) = 41

+1 Dwarven Longaxe w/PA: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Damage: 3d6 + 24 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 4) + 24 + (1) + (5) = 44

+1 Dwarven Longaxe w/PA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage: 3d6 + 24 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 1) + 24 + (1) + (1) = 36

AC 17; Hp's 106/202; Elemental Rage: Acid(1d6); Elemental Rage(Lesser) fire; Fire resist 10; Rage 8/31; DR 2/-

What a freaking joke.

As he can't hit nothing more than the ground at his feet, "BLAST!" he roars in anger. Looks like I'll be visitin' Torag's halls quicker than I thought, the weary dwarf thinks to himself.


Human Cleric 15; HP 100/132+10| AC 24 (27/29) T 14 (14/16) FF 22 (25/27)| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +18| Init +2 Percep +7| Channel Energy 6/9

Cast Silence at a point in between the two lamia. Their physical attacks are bad enough. They could not beat them if they were casting spells too.


Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

"They're Clerics!" Lym shouts -- and she casts... a cantrip?

Detect magic and Spellcraft 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24 to identify the enemies' magical defenses. If they're packing protective spells, we might be able to circumvent them.


F/R/W: +20/+20/+18 AC/T/FF: 32/18/26; CMD: 34; Heroes’ Feast +1; Perc: +21; Init: +7; Max HP: 153; Current HP: 153; Temp 0; Resist Fire, Elec, Sonic 30, Cold 88, Acid 120

Praxim continues his archery assault on panther legs. He switches to thistle arrows, which inflict bleed 1 on a hit.

Arrow: 1d20 + 19 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 19 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 20

Arrow: 1d20 + 19 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 19 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 19

Arrow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 13

Arrow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 24

Bouncy bouncy!


Female Gnome Sorcerer 13, hp 80/80, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +16/21/23, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft, see invisibility
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +16, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +22

Eyes narrowing at the Lamia's comment and follow up spell, and taking a scant moment to nod in thanks to Tomaru, Aurora sees the creatures for the real threat they are and summons her most powerful flames once more.

The black ink of her tattoos writhe on her skin as they blur and shimmer in the heat, she throws the ball of fire far enough down the corridor that the blast catches both the lamias but not Thordak.

intensified, empowered fireball: 14d6 + 14 ⇒ (5, 4, 1, 4, 4, 3, 3, 6, 2, 4, 6, 6, 4, 5) + 14 = 71 *1.5 = 106, Ref save DC 23 for half

The flames roar in the small confines of the cave, turning the rock in to a furnace.

Status: hp 68/68, mage armor , mirror image: 5 images
Spells: 5th 5/5, 4th 2/7, 3rd 8/8 2nd 6/8, 1st 5/8; Spell tattoo 2/2, AC 21 (25 versus giants)


It's not any type of immunity, it's a high AC...30 to be exact after spells. I was trying to be descriptive. Thordak, att 3 was a typo, subtract 7 from the damage you took, sorry!

Lym, doing anything with your archon? Or Tomaru - because I see an azata - did you still have her?

GM Screen:
HP: Seleval 63, Zaelsar 85
Ref sv Z: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Ref sv S: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

Praxim's and Thordak's attacks fail to pierce the lamia's formidable defenses. The lamias scream in pain from the fires cast by Aurora...or they would if you could hear them. Confused by the sudden silence around them, one of the sisters moves forward and chants in an unknown tongue. Thordak you have at least one AoO.

Concentration check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Aurora, DC 20 Fort save or be blinded.

The second continues her assault on Thordak

att1: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (9) + 24 = 33 dmg: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 5) + 13 = 24
att2: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34 confirm: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38 dmg: 4d6 + 26 ⇒ (1, 1, 5, 3) + 26 = 36
att3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 Miss!

-60 hp, Thordak, 2 hits

Lym:
They do have spells up: Divine Favor, Magic Vestment, Protection from Good.


ROUND 3: you are up. These are actually the Big Bosses on this level, and they are severely wounded - below 50%. AC 30/16/22.


F/R/W: +20/+20/+18 AC/T/FF: 32/18/26; CMD: 34; Heroes’ Feast +1; Perc: +21; Init: +7; Max HP: 153; Current HP: 153; Temp 0; Resist Fire, Elec, Sonic 30, Cold 88, Acid 120

Still attacking panther-legs.

Arrow: 1d20 + 19 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 19 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 37
Arrow Confirm: 1d20 + 19 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 19 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 22 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + 22 + 8 = 39

Arrow: 1d20 + 19 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 19 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 25

Arrow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 27

Arrow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 16

One arrow makes it through.


Human Cleric 15; HP 100/132+10| AC 24 (27/29) T 14 (14/16) FF 22 (25/27)| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +18| Init +2 Percep +7| Channel Energy 6/9

Tomaru gets behind Thordak and casts Heal (110 hit points) on him.


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)

Well crap. You know, I started to think about it and guessed that maybe it was a high AC and you were just being descriptive about it but I sure was hoping it was some sort of awesome magic we might possess and could use. Darn.

AoO
+1 Dwarven Longaxe w/PA: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
Damage: 3d6 + 24 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 2) + 24 + (1) = 31

I can't hit a freaking thing.

As the dwarf's blood seems to spew everywhere like a busted faucet, he is somewhat relieved he managed to avoid one of the mighty cuts. And just as he's given into the fact this will probably be his last stand, he feels a mighty warmth as the majority of his wounds heal up. "Heck yeah!" he exclaims as he decides to pull up on his attacks in order to give himself a better chance of connecting.

Scratching Power Attack; Activate Elemental Blood, Lesser(fire 3/day)1d6(Swift); Still attacking the yellow one.

+1 Dwarven Longaxe w/PA: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21
Damage: 3d6 + 15 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5) + 15 + (1) + (3) = 36

+1 Dwarven Longaxe w/PA: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Damage: 3d6 + 15 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) + 15 + (3) + (6) = 33

+1 Dwarven Longaxe w/PA: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Damage: 3d6 + 15 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 2) + 15 + (2) + (6) = 34

Crit confirm
+1 Dwarven Longaxe w/PA: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

AC 17; Hp's 167/202; Elemental Rage: Acid(1d6); Elemental Blood(Lesser 1/3) fire(1d6); Fire resist 10; Rage 9/31; DR 2/-

Hp's breakdown: 106/202: Went from 106 to 113(due to correction) from 113 to 57(from damage) and from 57 to 167(from awesome Heal) :)


Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

Lym mutters under her breath, hands writhing as she focuses on the Llamia closest to Thordak. Her voice rises to a crescendo as she makes a final, slashing gesture!

Targeted Dispel magic to get rid of her Magic Vestment. Dispel check 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

The Hound Archon, unwilling to just stand still while the battle rages, leaps forward and slashes at Thordak's enemy with his mighty greatsword!

Activate smite evil, attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 for 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 for 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 = 8.


Tomaru wrote:
Tomaru gets behind Thordak and casts Heal (110 hit points) on him.

Is your azata still summoned? She was on the map.


Human Cleric 15; HP 100/132+10| AC 24 (27/29) T 14 (14/16) FF 22 (25/27)| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +18| Init +2 Percep +7| Channel Energy 6/9

Sorry, I got distracted as I was posting. I didn't summon the azata yet. I shouldn't have any summons on the field at this time.


Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

Do you have another Dispel handy? Anyone else?


Human Cleric 15; HP 100/132+10| AC 24 (27/29) T 14 (14/16) FF 22 (25/27)| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +18| Init +2 Percep +7| Channel Energy 6/9

I do but I'm trying to keep Thordak alive right now. Aurora?


Female Gnome Sorcerer 13, hp 80/80, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +16/21/23, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft, see invisibility
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +16, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +22

Fort save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

The world goes dark for Aurora...

Well that stops me from contributing this round , let's see if she can remove it herself

Concentrating on the sensation of the tattoos swimming on her skin, she releases a pulse of energy she keeps stored for emergencies.

Tattoo SLA dispel magic: 1d20 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 3 = 25

The darkness over Aurora's eyes dissipates as quickly as it appeared, leaving twin pools of liquid fire staring straight at the lamias.

You seem to be under the impression your faith, magic and martial skills will win you the day. They won't...

Now she can see, Aurora will do try a dispel next turn :)


F/R/W: +20/+20/+18 AC/T/FF: 32/18/26; CMD: 34; Heroes’ Feast +1; Perc: +21; Init: +7; Max HP: 153; Current HP: 153; Temp 0; Resist Fire, Elec, Sonic 30, Cold 88, Acid 120

Also, the arrow that made it through inflicts 1 bleed. Not sure if DR negates bleed damage, or if his smite evil would negate the negating.


Ok, azata removed.

GM Screen:
Seleval hp = 50/161; Zaelsar hp = 51/161

CSW: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (5, 4, 6) + 9 = 24

One of Praxim's arrows strikes home, hitting the black lamia in the leg and severing an artery. Thordak scores a hit on the yellow sister, and she staggers from loss of blood. Just then, Lym's dispel hits, and a shimmering veil drops from her armor. yellow lamia's AC is 29.

The black lamia, Zaelsar, laughs at Aurora's feeble boast as she steps around the hound archon to attack! archon gets an AoO.

att, Vital Strike: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (13) + 24 = 37 hit?: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Hit! dmg: 2d6 + 15 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 15 + (4, 2) = 24 -24 hp dmg, Aurora

The yellow lamia sister, Seleval, steps back. Chanting in a low voice, her wounds begin to heal!

ROUND FOUR: you guys are up!


Female Gnome Sorcerer 13, hp 80/80, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +16/21/23, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft, see invisibility
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +16, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +22

Gritting her teeth at the pain the black lamia inflicted, Aurora tries to smile.

How unfortunate your ill manners are, but you know the saying... 'sticks and stones may break my bones...'

One hand gesturing forward, Aurora makes a crushing motion with her tiny fist.

Boneshatter, damage: 14d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 3, 6, 3, 5, 3, 5, 5, 2, 3, 5, 4) = 52 and she's exhausted, DC 23 fortitude save for half damage and to be only fatigued instead

Splaying her fingers, magical darts burst forth to slam in to the creature as well.

Quickened magic missle
magic missle: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 1, 1) + 5 = 13

Status: hp 44/68, mage armor , mirror image: 5 images
Spells: 5th 4/5, 4th 1/7, 3rd 8/8 2nd 6/8, 1st 5/8; Spell tattoo 2/2, AC 21 (25 versus giants)


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)

The dwarf's fury rises as the black lamia strikes true against Aurora. "BLAST!" he takes a step forward and swings furiously at the yellow lamia, hoping to drop it quickly so he can help the sorceress.

I moved 5' as best I could. I think I did it right.

Elemental Blood(Lesser 2/3)(swift); No Power Attack

+1 Dwarven Longaxe: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23
Damage: 3d6 + 15 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 3) + 15 + (3) + (5) = 34

+1 Dwarven Longaxe: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Damage: 3d6 + 15 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 3) + 15 + (3) + (6) = 36

+1 Dwarven Longaxe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Damage: 3d6 + 15 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) + 15 + (3) + (2) = 29

AC 17; Hp's 167/202; Elemental Rage: Acid(1d6); Elemental Blood(Lesser 2/3) fire(1d6); Fire resist 10; Rage 10/31; DR 2/-


Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

The Hound Archon swings its mighty blade at the passing llamia -- 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 for 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 3 = 11 -- then shifts position and attacks again! Flanking with Aurora: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13 for 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 = 10 and 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26 for 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 2) + 3 = 10
Crit threat! Roll to confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8 for 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10.

If the black llamia is still standing after everything that has already been thrown at her, Lym rasps a sigh - and fires a burst of magic arrows at her, unerring magic lacerating the monster's flesh.
"I was hoping to save that for the Giant," she laments.

If the black llamia is already dead by this point, Lym diverts the magic missiles to the yellow llamia - should it still be standing.

Magic missile 5d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 4, 4, 3) + 5 + 2 = 23 unerring force damage.


Human Cleric 15; HP 100/132+10| AC 24 (27/29) T 14 (14/16) FF 22 (25/27)| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +18| Init +2 Percep +7| Channel Energy 6/9

Prayer 11rd

Tomaru casts Prayer, aiding his allies and hindering his enemies.


Need Praxim.


F/R/W: +20/+20/+18 AC/T/FF: 32/18/26; CMD: 34; Heroes’ Feast +1; Perc: +21; Init: +7; Max HP: 153; Current HP: 153; Temp 0; Resist Fire, Elec, Sonic 30, Cold 88, Acid 120

Praxim continues his arrows against panther-legs.

Arrow: 1d20 + 19 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 19 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 35
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 8 + 11 = 31

Arrow: 1d20 + 19 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 19 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 33
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 8 + 11 = 26

Arrow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 8 + 11 = 29

Arrow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 4 = 17

This time, two maybe three arrows penetrate her defenses.


3, I posted her AC as 30.

GM Screen:
Fort sv: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Zaelsar the black lamia twists in pain as Aurora's spell breaks bone. She falls on her foreknees (is that a word?) gasping for breath when ten magic missiles slam into her, killing her.

Thordak and the hound archon continue to engage Seleval, but cannot hit her through her defenses. Praxim, however, has no such problems. Three arrows bury themselves deep within her tough hide, and she falls over, dead.

Combat over.

The Looting of the Lamia Sisters: x2 MW leather armor, x2 +2 falchions, x2 headbands of Inspired Wisdom +2, x2 rings of protection +2.

The next room...

Incense smoke hangs heavy in the air of this cavern, thick enough to give the cave a gauzy, almost dreamlike feel and scenting the place with a vaguely metallic tang. Soft chanting fills the air as well—the voices’ rich, modulated tones are strangely soothing. The cavern’s walls are painted on all sides in spiraling patterns of vivid blue and purple, while here and there the angular symbol of a three-eyed, jackal-like visage leers out of these dark colors in vivid reds. Elsewhere, depictions of snarling hyenas with mouths full of bones and horned rats with long tails glower from the walls. A large block of stone sits against one wall, its top and sides slick with fresh blood.

In this room...

The two incense burners on the altar are made of silver chased with mithral—each is worth 400 gp.

Perception DC 25:
It appears that the altar has been slid back and forth across the floor several times.


Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

"This is a shrine to Lamashtu," Lym says, distaste clearly audible in her voice.

The Wizard's eyes narrow. "And that altar has been moved back and forth several times. Hidden stairwell?"


F/R/W: +20/+20/+18 AC/T/FF: 32/18/26; CMD: 34; Heroes’ Feast +1; Perc: +21; Init: +7; Max HP: 153; Current HP: 153; Temp 0; Resist Fire, Elec, Sonic 30, Cold 88, Acid 120

Praxim looks around for the source of the chanting, detecting for evil.


There is no discernible source of evil. The chanting appears to be part of 'ambience' of the cave.


STR check DC 20:
You push the altar aside to reveal a small hollow in the ground below. Inside sits several vile books full of descriptions on how to disembowel, decapitate, drown, and otherwise slaughter all major types of giants and humanoids, especially in ritual killings and sacrifices.

Many of these horrific sacrifices involve the opening of a victim’s belly, inserting a small but ravenous creature like a rat, and then magically healing the belly wound shut so that the creature is forced to gnaw its way to freedom in a mock birth. While horrific, these scrolls are lavishly illustrated by a talented (but demented) artist, and are worth 5000 gp in all. Anyone who looks through all of the scrolls discovers one near the end is in fact a scroll of remove curse.


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)

As the lamias fall, "YES!" Thordak celebrates as his rage subsides and he finds himself winded. Leaning up against the wall, he takes a few moments to catch his breath before following the others into the next room.

3 rounds used, 6 rounds of fatigue. (10/31 Rage rounds used); And still have several minutes of Enlarge left. :)

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Lym Blackhand wrote:

"This is a shrine to Lamashtu," Lym says, distaste clearly audible in her voice.

The Wizard's eyes narrow. "And that altar has been moved back and forth several times. Hidden stairwell?"

The large dwarf shrugs, "Maybe. Only one way to find out." The dwarf then attempts to move the thing.

Strength check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

As he pushes it with all his strength, it doesn't seem to budge. He tries again and is unable to move it a lick. Trying once more and unable to accomplish no more than he did previously, the dwarf gets mad. As his anger takes control once again, he yells as he slams himself and everything else he's got into it. Rage 11/31

Strength check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Is it legal to try again albeit the second time with rage? Not sure if it is or not but I figured what the hey. :)


Works for me. Seems very Thordak-like. The group can go ahead and check the spoiler for whats in there.


Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

"Garbage," Lym says as she flings away a scroll. "Ugly. Vile. Garbage. Ugly. Vile. Disgustingly vile. Nauseating garbage. Ugly. Vile. Garbage. Shockingly ugly. Vile. Ah, spell scroll. Remove Curse. This seems like it might be right up your alley, Tomaru."


Human Cleric 15; HP 100/132+10| AC 24 (27/29) T 14 (14/16) FF 22 (25/27)| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +18| Init +2 Percep +7| Channel Energy 6/9

"Thank you. I'll try to put to good use."

When will the effects of leveling happen? After a rest?

Finally, what condition is everyone in? Now is the time for healing.


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)
Lym Blackhand wrote:
"Garbage," Lym says as she flings away a scroll. "Ugly. Vile. Garbage. Ugly. Vile. Disgustingly vile. Nauseating garbage. Ugly. Vile. Garbage. Shockingly ugly. Vile. Ah, spell scroll. Remove Curse. This seems like it might be right up your alley, Tomaru."

Listening intently to the half-orc, the dwarf nods each time she lists off an issue. Once she finishes, he strokes his beard and comes to the conclusion, "If I were the rest of you lot, I wouldn't look at what's in there," he suggests. After a moment or so, he casually leans over the hole and tries to see what might be in there.

Hp's 113/148; Rage 11/31


Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

"If you get nightmares again from looking at that stuff, you can jolly well try to creep into Praxim's bed this time. And I will NOT make you warm milk so you can sleep!"


Female Gnome Sorcerer 13, hp 80/80, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +16/21/23, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft, see invisibility
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +16, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +22

Alighting back on the rocky floor, Aurora slumps in relief, staring at the two monstrous women as if concerned they'll get back up again.

Observing Thordak's frustration with the altar and subsequent powering of it off the secret cache elicits a smile on the gnome's face once more though.

I will take your word for it Lym, such things hold no interest for me, perhaps we should burn them to prevent such foul knowledge having a chance to get in to anyone else's minds?

She turns to Thordak

Milk Master Ironheart? I find it a mite heavy before bedtime, might I suggest chamomile tea to soothe your nerves and settle your stomach? I find it promotes a very restful slumber

she smiles.

801 to 850 of 1,213 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / OGGM's Fortress of the Stone Giants All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.