Hell's Rebels with GM Zek

Game Master Zektolna

Maps

Info

Loot


1 to 50 of 3,737 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Maps | Info | Loot

Then

Moonday, the 3rd of Arodus, 4715 AR.

The Night of Ashes. The Night when Kintargo’s relatively peaceful existence was shattered.

Jilia Bainilus, Kintargo’s former lord-mayor, had vanished three days prior to the Night of Ashes. Many feared Bainilus had abandoned the city in its hour of need. With her missing or worse, Barzillai’s power over the city seemed assured. The inquisitor, however, wasn’t satisfied with the former lord-mayor’s exit.

On the Night of Ashes, Thrune and his followers struck suddenly, trying to drive off, capture, or kill any known or suspected dissidents. A night of arson and murder, the Night of Ashes removed any doubts that noble-minded Kintargans had about Barzillai’s cruelty. Overnight, groups such as the Sacred Order of Archivists and the Bellflower Network seemingly disappeared. Many of the good deities who had once been worshipped openly in Kintargo found themselves leaderless.

The next morning, Barzillai Thrune took the position of lord-mayor. Thrune then issued seven proclamations. These proclamations were posted throughout Kintargo by town criers that Barzillai paraded through the streets.

Thrune’s Seven Proclamations:

Proclamation the First: All slayers of city pests (hereby defined as doves, mice, and ravens) who present said pests to the dottari shall be rewarded with a bounty of 1 copper piece.

Proclamation the Second: All places of public business must display in a position of prominence within the first room accessible from the building’s primary entrance a portrait of Her Infernal Majestrix Queen Abrogail II. Said portrait must measure no less than 11 by 17 inches.

Proclamation the Third: Anyone who captures, alive and unharmed, a feral dog of a weight exceeding 50 pounds is to be rewarded with a payment of 2 silver pieces upon transfer of the dog to the dottari. Such noble guardian creatures should find homes worthy of their kind!

Proclamation the Fourth: The right to wear fine embroidered clothing in public is hereafter proscribed to anyone other than agents of House Thrune or the Holy Church of Asmodeus. Exceptions can be awarded or purchased at the city’s discretion.

Proclamation the Fifth: Grain is life! Should grain be spilled in public, it must be gathered, cleaned, and repackaged within the hour. Any person who allows grain to go ungathered after a spillage shall be fined 1 copper piece per grain.

Proclamation the Sixth: The imbibing of night tea brings a dangerous imbalance to the slumbering mind. Between the hours of sunset and sunrise, the taking of tea is proscribed.

Proclamation the Seventh: The odor and flavor of mint is an abomination to the refined palate. Be not the cretin! Mint use in candies, drinks, and all manner of confections is hereby proscribed.

It was in the days after the proclamations were made that the night of the 3rd of Arodus became known as the Night of Ashes. Or, as Kintargans say, the night Kintargo’s freedom was burned into nothing but ash.

Now

Moonday, the 10th of Arodus, 4715 AR.

Even with the cobblestones of Argent Avenue and the foliage of Aria Park still wet from the morning’s light rain, dozens of Kintargans have gathered along the facade of the opera house to protest the city’s new lord-mayor, Paracount Barzillai Thrune. The city’s new leader was appointed by Her Infernal Majestrix, Queen Abrogail II, in the wake of the previous lord-mayor’s sudden disappearance. In a scant seven days, Paracount Thrune has instituted martial law, a curfew, and seven outlandish and polarizing proclamations.

These actions and more have called many of Kintargo’s dissatisfied citizens here on this overcast morn. There’s been no sign yet of Barzillai Thrune himself. The opera house’s doors remain tightly closed as they have since the man chose the landmark as his new home. But judging by the growing sound of the protesters, he surely can’t ignore the citizens of Kintargo for much longer.

In front of the locked opera house entrance, facing the protestors, stand a dozen Dottari guards and one of Barzillai’s bodyguards, a scowling woman named Nox. The guards appear nervous, but seem relatively calm for being required to stand guard at a protest.

As more and more Kintargans arrive at the protest, opportunities abound to interact with the others in the crowd. Five distinct groups emerge among those in the crowd: Kintargo partisans (who despise Cheliax’s tightening grip on the city and demand local rule), economic conservatives (who feel the squeeze from Thrune’s new taxes and business policies), advocates of democracy (whose greatest complaint is Thrune’s appointment instead of a legal election), anarchists (who want the protest to turn into a riot), and Chelish loyalists (who support Thrune’s actions to curb the city’s dissentious streak).

You can attempt 1 of the following actions at a time. Each action takes an hour to perform. Thus, we’ll be going in 1 hour increments (for the time being, anyway). Keep in mind your reason for being at the protest and the bonuses associated with that reason.

Listen for Rumors:
You can wander the crowd and listen for rumors to try to learn more about what’s going on in Kintargo’s new political landscape. Attempt a Diplomacy check to gather information or a Perception check to overhear something of note.

Rabble Rouse:
If you think yourself persuasive, you can attempt to better organize the protest by attempting a Diplomacy or Perform check.

Search for a Contact:
You can make a Perception check to search for a contact you may have come to the protest to find.

Silence Undesirable Elements:
You can try to silence or outshout elements of the crowd you disagree with. You can attempt a Bluff or Intimidate check to silence a particular group. You can only attempt to silence one group at a time. The five groups listed above are the groups you can attempt to silence.

Watch the Crowd:
You can choose to simply watch the crowd. If you choose to do this, you can attempt a Perception or Sense Motive check to try to notice something unusual about the crowd.

In your opening post, feel free to narrate the moments/minutes/hours leading up to your arrival at the protest. Be sure to also list your action (with the appropriate skill check) in your post. For those of you who may recognize each other, feel free to interact. Be sure to place your character token on the map where your character would be standing. Just in case you were curious, the grey/paved tiles on the map count as difficult terrain. The crowd is particularly dense in those areas. The info slides have been updated with images of Nox and a dottari guard.


Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

On the way to the protest.

Gregor subconsciously rubs his right hand across his jaw as he arrives at the spot where he and Armiger Drost arranged to meet before they made their way to the protest. "Armiger, I apologize for my delay. It is not reflective of my reticence. I agreed to join you, and I stand by my word." As they continue on their way toward Aria Park he takes stock of his appearance and decides to shift a few things around. It is a simple protest, so it would be unwise for him to be displaying his weapons. He looses his shield, drawing his cloak up to cover the bow and arrows as best he can before returning the shield over top to hold it in place. He also pulls the hood up, as he wouldn't want to be recognized by any of his fellow guardsmen.

At the protest.

Gregor tries to find a spot a hair out of sight, and away from all the commotion. He is only here to listen to what all the uproar is about, and subsequently keep an eye on Armiger Drost. She has been an ally of his a for a while now, and have shared many a serious conversation about what's best for Kintargo. He would dislike it if someone were to try and lay blame at her feet as a member of the Hellknights, or for her to get into trouble for her presence at the protest. As is his wont, his left hand rests on the hilt of his longsword, but he is more conscious of its positioning, as he holds it upright along his leg to keep it from showing beyond the cloak. He scans the crowds as best he can, but he can't but think about the exchange with his father before he left. His attention isn't fully on the event itself.

Gregor is going to 'Watch the Crowd' (Perception) 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 ('Tagging Along') +2 more vs. FE Humans


Male NG Human (Chelish) Brawler 7 | HP: 67/67 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 (grapple 26, trip 25) | F: +7, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15 SM: +14 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility: 6/6 | No Spellcasting | Active conditions:none

Rise against.

The key turns twice before the lock produces the desired click. The brass slips out of its hiding hole, but the man holding it continues to stare at the door for just a little longer. This is it. There's no way back now. You're going and you're going to find them. You owe this to Jalpur, to Jaya, to all the others that have been hurt. Or worse.

And so the man proceeds to find his way through Kintargo's snakey backstreets with the pretense of a calm mind about him, opting to avoid the bigger streets. A couple of years ago he'd have been completely lost in these parts of town, but his recent forays into uncovering the truth about the Silver Ravens and finding other voices of protest have made these streets at least somewhat familiar.

Quietly Matiscio, hulled in muted blue and white linens, makes his way to Aria Park, a place so familiar. He retraces his every step along the way. Here he had puked his sorrows out only to receive a helping hand from a stranger who owed him nothing. Here he had stumbled upon a searing truth, lighting the way forward through self-discovery. Now only a few steps remain until he would reach the place of protest. Wisely he decides to spend that time uttering a prayer to the divine,"O Blessed Irori, precious treasury of wisdom, bestower of supreme inner peace, walk with us today."

Those gathered here could surely use some help in the day still ahead of them.

----------------

Search for a contact.

The avenue is packed with people. In a way it scares Matiscio, because there is no way there are this many Silver Ravens still around. It will make finding his contact - or contacts? - all the more challenging. He nervously eyes the squad of dottari who reflect his emotions right back at him. I best hurry, because this is a fire waiting to erupt. Backed by a sense of urgency, Matiscio starts to inventorize the crowd. He scans the people around him and makes judgement calls based on their looks, their clothes and attire, their behavior and demeanor and perhaps most importantly, specific give-aways of the faction he's looking for.

Perception check to find a contact: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Female Human Sorc 4 | HP 8/29 | AC 14/11/13 | CMB+2 CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+5 | Resist fire 6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 |
Spells:
1st (0/7): Charm Person, Magic Missile, Protection from Good, Shield, Shocking Grasp | 2nd (4/day): Telekinetic Volley |
Gregor Ward wrote:
"Armiger, I apologize for my delay. It is not reflective of my reticence. I agreed to join you, and I stand by my word."

"Think nothing of it, Senior Recruit Ward. Glad to see you. Let's be on our way."

Your word, Ward? I would sooner think I mistook the date, than doubt your word.

Gregor Ward and Didiana Drost were mere aquantainces, but she had only ever known the man to be as honest as a mirror. She was glad he had taken her up on the invitation. Didiana took note of her companion's appearance. Every bit as professional as his speech. She appreciated his good sense in hiding his weapons; the political climate being what it was, this protest would no doubt be enough of a powder keg already. No need to introduce arms into the mix. At least not openly.

She had forgone any weapons herself, and felt naked for it. She was going to the protest partly as a concerned citizen, partly out of civic duty but it was important to her that she not go as a hellknight armiger. Her Order had not spoken out against Lord-Mayor Thrune yet. As such, she was adamant that no one at the protest take her for a representative of the Torrent. But boy, was she missing her helmet right now, she mused as she felt the wind playing with her conspicuous hair.

Having arrived at the protest, Didiana was again happy that she had Ward with her. Being Kintargan, she was used to the occasional political demonstration; the people of this city were far more daring in displaying their displeasure than anywhere else in the nation. But this was different. This was practically five protests rolled into one cacophonous mess. Forget the metaphorical powder keg, this was very real political dynamite.
Didiana turned to Ward. This was precisely why she had urged him to come. Should the protest turn violent, then there was no one outside of her order she'd rather have by her side. This was perhaps less a sign of her trust towards Ward than her a sign of her limited social circle, but still. Didiana had always known him to follow the law to the letter. If things turned ugly, she wanted to know that there was at least one officer acting in the interest of the people here. Ward seemed occupied, however.

"Look alive, Recruit. Think of it as a patrol like any other."

Didiana joins Gregor in navigating the crowd, but 'listens for rumors' instead. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16

As she slowly cuts her way through the crowd, however, Didiana's eyes soon focus in on a particular loose group within the protest. Were those anarchists? The armiger's mouth drew together in disgust. The fools. Their provocations were likely to get everyone, including themselves, hurt. Perhaps they were due a stern talking to.


Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

Gregor looks at Drost with a furrowed brow, like she had just spoken to him in a language he didn't understand, before he starts as if coming back into the now. He removes his right hand from his jaw once more. "My Apologies Armiger, my mind was not on my duties, and it is unacceptable." He looks abashed, to even admit the notion. "I'll do better to be mindful of my surroundings." he vows.

It's almost as if he suddenly sees her for the first time today. I imagine she must be uncomfortable without her uniform. I know I would feel like a newborn babe were it not for the familiar weight of mine. He realizes he may have been looking at her longer than is acceptable, but more upsetting would likely be the look on his face as if she had a third arm growing out of her back.


Panache: 4/4|Female Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 2|HP: 17/19|AC: 16/13/12|Saves: Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2 (+4 vs. Fear/Enchantments)|Init: +3|Perc: +7

With a skip in her step and feather in her impressive hat bouncing in the breeze, Lia casually makes her way into Aria Park with an air of nonchalance. She can tell the protest is just getting into full swing--and now would be a great time to make her voice heard.

...or perhaps, to just raise a little hell.

She looks around for the largest concentration of people, makes her way over to them... and starts digging little grey packets out of her backpack. Her father had been quite bewildered over how much night tea she bought (and rightfully so, really), but this was going to a good cause.

Namely, showing Barzillai Thrune that Kintargo's citizens will not be so easily repressed.

"Step right up, ladies! Step right up! Lookin' for a good time? Then do the responsible thing--take a sip before you let 'em dip! Get your night tea here, for only a silver and a copper!" The half-elven girl barks. "There's no proclamation against buying, selling or drinking it while the day's young--get 'em and rub it in Thrune's face while you're at it!"

Diplomacy?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Opting to Rabble Rouse for this hour.


Shaman 7 | HP 58 | AC 13 T 11 FF 12 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10* | Init: +1 | Perc: +17 | Sense: +17

~En Route~

If Gilda's voice has one defining attribute above all others, it was that it could carry on the wind down several street blocks and inject itself uninvited into dozens of other conversations.

"PROOOOOOTEST TIIIIIIIME! PROOOOOTEST TIIIIIIIIME!"

Gilda hammered the dented tin lid of a trash can as she bounded down the street with the enthusiasm of a child en route to a candy store.

"Chunky Charlie! Don't think I don't see you, there! Pack it up! Join the group! We're headin' to the protest what make our needs known! 'sides, you need the exercise!"

Gilda's eyes narrowed as she picked out a woman trying to flee her wrath to the interior of another ruined building.

"NECKLESS NANCY! You betta' run! I knows yous likin' this new mayor and his ban on night tea! Don't think I don't know!"

Gilda inhaled for a moment, turned and surveyed the group of people who had formed in Old Kintargo as a pseudo-mob in the early hours this day. The entire group wasn't all her doing, but she saw no reason why she shouldn't take a position at the front of it like a general leading her cavalry in a charge.

"Lookin' good people! Even the gods gonna hear us today!"

~The Opera House~

Having arrived with a throng of Old Kintargo's worst best, Gilda crossed her arms and grinned, surveying the rag-tag crew. Among the group were some of the most notorious drug-addicted, thieving, looting - yet honest, sweetest and most overlooked members of the city. Gilda smiled to herself as she saw a couple go right "to work" bumping into folks from the city's fancier districts.

"Redistributin' wealth already. Heh."

Gilda leapt onto the fountain for a better look as her eyes narrowed and she scanned the crowd - looking for others to stir up while at the same time making sure that nobody was infrigin' on the rights of Old Kintargo folk. She knew how to spot the look of intent before action had been taken and took pleasure in calling attention to folks who preferred otherwise.

Watch Judge the Crowd:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

If allowed, Gilda would have manufactured several signs and passed those out to those who are willing to take them (or too drug-addled to refuse). Things like "DOWN WITH BARZEELIE" or "7 RULES = 7 TOO MANY"... she's likely still holding one of these signs. She is anything but inconspicuous. Loose around her shoulder, Gilda has her masterwork designer knock-off backpack "handbag" which has her shiny new crossbow and knife in it, in case there's any trouble.


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

Walking to the protest dressed like any other citizen, Evander allowed a smirk to cross his face. The hood of his cloak was down, and he carried with him his bag of makeups and costume bits in case he needed to hide his identity. That wasn't the reason for his smirk, thought. He smirked because he'd heard people talking about the newest manuscript published by one Reverend Loflar, about a boy named Boarzillo Thorne who got into a fight with a mint plant and lost, so he threw temper tantrums every time someone said the word "mint". A fine piece of work, if he thought so himself. Rapier at his side, crossbow on his back, along with a couple vials should he need to make a getaway, and Evander was ready to let the government know the people of Kintargo did not appreciate their new Lord Mayor.

Arriving at the protest to find it in full swing, he dives into the crowd, joining chants and demanding the repeal of Barzillai's seven proclamations - as well as the restoration of the Kintargo Opera House. Looking about, he spies an older woman standing on the fountain. Gilda Grabapple? Didn't think she'd leave Old Kintargo for this.

Noticing a group of people supporting Thrune's policies, Evander joins in with another group trying to shout them down. "Why should the Lord-Mayor care what tea people drink? Whose business is it of his what we do?"

Shouting down the pro-Thrune people.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28


Maps | Info | Loot

The hour passes and more and more people continue to arrive in Aria Park for the protest. Nox and the guards appear to be growing restless. Nox in particular seems to be closely monitoring the crowd while maintaining an iron grip on her polearm with both hands.

Even the most self-absorbed people in the crowd find it hard to miss or ignore Gilda standing near the middle of the crowd on the fountain. The woman was boisterously and dutifully passing out signs to those in the crowd. Several of the anarchists eagerly received the signs and began waving them around, taunting Nox and the dottari.

Quite a few people also notice Lia distributing contraband in the form of night tea. The young lady didn’t seem to care if any of the guards noticed her actions. The poorer citizens in the crowd were especially grateful for the chance at some night tea. Given their limited resources, they would likely be unable to acquire any on their own.

A young fellow by the name of Evander tries his luck at silencing the Thrune sympathizers. While it takes the better part of the hour, the man succeeds in hushing the Chelish loyalists. The others in the crowd notice the man’s effort. The other groups - besides the anarchists - nod in appreciation at Evander.

GM Roll:
Didiana Rumor: 1d10 ⇒ 7

Didiana:
As you listen for rumors, you overhear someone in the crowd say, "I hear that bodyguard of Thrune's, that woman Nox, is half devil. She's too ugly to be just human, that's for sure!"

Evander:
It actually takes a bluff or intimidate check to silence undesirable elements, but keeping your same roll and adding either bonus, you would still succeed.

Gilda:
You’re not able to tell much about the crowd, as it is still relatively early in the protest and everyone is a bit disjointed. However, you do notice that the crowd’s general mood is agitated and discontented, but not overtly violent.

Gregor:
You’re not able to tell much about the crowd, as it is still relatively early in the protest and everyone is a bit disjointed. However, you do notice that the crowd’s general mood is agitated and discontented, but not overtly violent.

Lia:
Most of the crowd recognizes your efforts and the people look on you with greater respect. You receive a +1 circumstances bonus on any Charisma-based checks for the next 24 hours. As you move through the crowd distributing night tea, the crowd instinctively knows to part before you and you experience no difficult terrain while traipsing through the crowd during the protest.

Matiscio:
Try as you might, you’re unable to find anyone matching the description of your contact. While searching, you do notice that there seems to be some sort of unusual subcurrent in the crowd’s movement, as if there were an organizing force among the people. If, for some strange reason, a fight were to break out, you’ll receive a +4 bonus on your initiative check.

If you decide to make the perception check below, do so before you roll for your normal action for the next hour.

DC 20 Perception:
You catch a glimpse of a figure watching the proceedings from behind the mostly curtained window of the opera house’s third floor. The figure appears to be holding a glass in one hand.

It is now the start of the second hour of the protest. Everyone can act again. You can also move your character tokens if you would like to do so.


Female Human Sorc 4 | HP 8/29 | AC 14/11/13 | CMB+2 CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+5 | Resist fire 6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 |
Spells:
1st (0/7): Charm Person, Magic Missile, Protection from Good, Shield, Shocking Grasp | 2nd (4/day): Telekinetic Volley |

The first hour wandering the crowd with Gregor brought Didiana relief and unease in equal measure. On the one hand, it was reassuring that the majority of the people gathered seemed to have the good sense not to agitate the guards. On the other hand, the swelling size of the protest worried her. It was certainly the largest rally she had ever seen and it was still growing. The larger the crowd, the harder it was to steer; this Didiana knew from experience. If some rabble rousers first got a hold of the mob and forced the guards' hands, people could get hurt. The Night of Ashes had proven that Barzillai's regime was perfectly willing to hurt civilians. Those anarchists could set them off. Or even something as simple as...

Gilda the Human Megaphone wrote:
"PROOOOOOTEST TIIIIIIIME! PROOOOOTEST TIIIIIIIIME!"

Something as simple as an old bat with some homemade signs. Sweet mercy, what master surgeon replaced your lungs with industrial bellows, ma'am?!

Never mind. The failed opera singer would have to wait. Didiana had decided that the anarchists were due a social call.

"Senior Recruit Ward, you are of course free to join me, but I'm off to pay the 'activists' over there a visit. Filthy anarchy peddlers think it's safe to step outside their echo chambered drinking halls now that society is falling apart around us... Scum."

The anarchist was perhaps, in the eyes of many, the antithesis of the hellknight, but that wasn't really what had Didiana riled up. It took more than political philosophy to anger her. What really annoyed Didiana was that these lawless reprobates were likely to get themselves and, more importantly, everyone else in the vicinity jailed, beaten or tortured with their antics. She followed the hellknight's Law because she believed in results. And if these selfish malcontents couldn't see, or worse, accepted, that their actions would result in the suffering of their fellow citizens, then they needed to be cut out of society. There was no room for them in Didiana's world.

Going for 'Silence Undesirable Elements' this time. Didiana threatens a few of the anarchists that she knows of their hangouts and isn't afraid to reveal these to the dottari. Hopefully she also galvanizes a few like-minded protesters around her for a little extra oomph. Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

GM:

That was actually supposed to be a Bluff check. I just wrote Diplomacy by accident.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

The loyalists silenced, at least for now, Evander turns towards the opera house to see how the dottari are acting. As he does so, he catches a glimpse of a figure on the third floor, wine glass in hand. Evander's smile gets even wider. Well, someone important is paying attention. Let's make sure they get the message. Evander joins with the group demanding demanding elections, trying to get them to chant in unison, "Free elections, not draconian proclamations!"

Rabble Rousing

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

Perception 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24 (Tagging Along) + 2 more for FE Humans.

Gregor stays close by Didiana, the offer to join her as unnecessary as she probably already knew it was, as he does not intend to be out of arms reach in case the crowd turns. He's even more concerned for her safety when she tells him she's going to tell off the anarchists. He tries to let her know what he saw as subtly as he can, catching up quickly he leans closer and whispers, "Armiger, it seems the protest is being watched from an elevated vantage point via the third floor window, try not to draw too much attention to yourself." With the figure in the window watching, Gregor becomes more paranoid by what might happen if this thing were to get out of hand.

He's going to continue to 'Watch the Crowd'
Perception 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16 (Tagging Along) + 2 more for FE Humans.


Shaman 7 | HP 58 | AC 13 T 11 FF 12 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10* | Init: +1 | Perc: +17 | Sense: +17

Perception DC20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Gilda appeared to be enjoying herself from her perch on the fountain as she engaged nearly every living attendee within a thirty foot radius of her perch in conversation. It's likely she wouldn't have stopped there if given the opportunity to engage unliving attendees in conversation as well, and speaking of the unliving... she took the end of her sign and poked a nearby stranger who seemed to be staring at the scantily clad woman he was attending with.

"Hey! Don't just stand there! Shout out why you're mad! Let's hear it!"

Rolling her eyes, she turned to nobody in particular.

"I swear, some of these guys just came in an attempt to get in a cute girl's pants..."

Gilda narrowed her eyes scanning for others from Old Kintargo.

"Hey! Is that you Bottles? Did ya bring any good stuff? It's never to early to drink at a protest!"

Gilda's attention appeared to be focused at Evander at this point and the half-dozen or so flasks at his hip. Once she had his attention, she gestured up at the balcony.

"Looks like someone up there has the same right idea..."

This hour we'll go with a Perception check to 'Listen for Rumors'. Gilda's in the mood for some gossip now that she's getting comfortable on her fountain.

Perception (Listen for rumors): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Male NG Human (Chelish) Brawler 7 | HP: 67/67 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 (grapple 26, trip 25) | F: +7, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15 SM: +14 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility: 6/6 | No Spellcasting | Active conditions:none

The Irorite roams and wanders through the crowd in what seems to be a futile attempt to find his contact. Whatever was going on here made the hairs on his neck stand up straight. Something was about to go horribly wrong and he needed to find his contact before this veritable powder keg would blow up.

He makes his way back across the avenue and to the other side of the fountain, eyeing everyone he comes across. The one person to truly stand out is an older woman perched on the fountain. While interesting, Matiscio has a duty to fulfil and so he decides to circle away from this source of trouble before she notices him. Good Lords above, how does she produce so much noise?!

Perception check to see what's up: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Obviously there's nothing fishy going on.
Perception check to Search For a Contact: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Matiscio moves to the south west and around the fountain in his search for his contact.
Stealth check to avoid being the human equivalent of a meerkat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Well that will surely work out.


Panache: 4/4|Female Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 2|HP: 17/19|AC: 16/13/12|Saves: Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2 (+4 vs. Fear/Enchantments)|Init: +3|Perc: +7

Would I have sold out of my 30 doses of night tea by the time the second hour rolls around, GM?

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Lia isn't paying attention to the upper balconies--if anything, she's more focused on the (quite gorgeous) lady giving the anarchistic sorts still here a piece of her mind. Between her and the crazy old bat on the fountain (who looked oddly familiar to her--did she use her in one of her drawings?), the protest looks like it's getting really interesting.

She makes her way over to the charming woman, noticing how the crowd parts so easily before her.

"Hey, sis! These intelligence-deprived miscreants giving you trouble?" She calls out to the woman as she struts up to the group. "I don't reckon you'll need to worry about them anytime soon--I've pulled a couple of strings."

"I reckon they'll have plenty of time to think about what they've done when they're sitting in jail, don't you?"

Bluff (Looking for Trouble, CHA Bonus): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Opting to Silence the Anarchists this hour.


Maps | Info | Loot

The second hour moves more quickly than the first as the crowd continues to grow and people get swept up in the protest. Though the Chelish loyalists had been silenced, the other groups in the protest were growing increasingly vocal.

Gilda continues to make herself the center of attention. The crowd seems to be responding to her words by shouting along, or perhaps it’s simply due to their mutual dissatisfaction with Thrune.

Didiana strides confidently through the crowd toward where the anarchists are congregating and still waving some of Gilda’s signs. As Didiana begins to threaten the anarchists, the group begins to mellow and their tone quiets. When Lia walks over and mentions jail, any remaining chatter among the anarchists ceases entirely. They stop taunting Nox and the guards altogether and pass their signs on to other protesters. By all signs, they’ve been thoroughly demoralized by the Didiana's threat and Lia’s bluff. A few decide to leave the protest entirely.

Most of the crowd also notices Matiscio, a well-built man dressed in muted blue and white linens. Matiscio seems to be pacing back and forth through the crowd, looking left and right as if searching for someone or something.

By the end of the second hour, despite the exit of a few anarchists, nearly two hundred people have packed themselves into the part of Aria Park that rests just next to the opera house. Emboldened by the silencing of the Chelish loyalists and the anarchists, the other groups shout toward the opera house, hoping the new lord-mayor will hear them.

“It should be a Kintargan who rules Kintargo! Not a Thrune from the Chelish heartland!”

“The new taxes are suffocating honest businessmen! We just want to be able to make a decent living free of Thrune meddling!”

“The Lord-mayor is supposed to be selected by the people, not appointed by royalty! Let’s have a fair election and see who the people want to rule them!”

GM Roll:
Gilda Rumor: 1d10 ⇒ 1

Didiana:
You successfully silenced the anarchists and the other protesters have taken notice. There will surely be some benefit in the future for accomplishing this.

Evander:
While Evander thought his chant was catchy, no one else in the crowd seemed to notice it.

And no worries about the check. I gave you credit as if you’d rolled for one of the other skills. Just wanted to make sure you knew what the actual check was. Also, since you succeeded in silencing the Chelish loyalists, there will surely be some benefit in the future for doing so.


Gilda:
Despite your age and your constant chatter, your hearing doesn't seem to have suffered at all. You overhear someone in the crowd say, "Well, I heard Lord-Mayor Bainilus didn't flee to Arcadia at all. Broke her neck falling down a flight of stairs. Praying a bit too hard to Cailean, if you understand my meaning."

Gregor:
As Gregor scans the crowd, he notices a younger man slinking through the crowd. He is dressed in ratty clothes and appears to be eyeing some of the richer protesters. As Gregor continues to observe the man, he sees the man fixate on an older lady dressed in fine clothes. The man begins to reach for her purse.

Lia:
I’ll let you decide that for yourself. I would imagine you’ve already sold the majority of them at least, but it may just depend on how generous you’re being.

I assume you’re referring to the CHA bonus from rabble rousing last round rather than looking for trouble and that you’re planning to silence the anarchists alongside Didiana rather than looking for trouble this hour. If either of those isn’t correct, please let me know.

You successfully silenced the anarchists and the other protesters have taken notice. There will surely be some benefit in the future for accomplishing this.


Matiscio:
Despite Matiscio’s stellar efforts, his contact is nowhere to be found. Matiscio’s expert skills in observing the crowd lead him to think that perhaps his contact hasn’t arrived at the protest yet. However, as Matiscio scans the crowd, he does notice a younger man slinking through the crowd. He is dressed in ratty clothes and appears to be eyeing some of the richer protesters. As Matiscio continues to observe the man, he sees the man fixate on an older lady dressed in fine clothes. The man begins to reach for her purse.

The third hour has begun. Everyone can act again. Feel free to continue pertinent conversation(s) from the previous hour. Sidenote: a couple of you may have similar actions this round, so - for the sake of clarity and expediency - I’ll resolve your actions in the order you post them as needed. That’s also probably something I’ll do going forward when out of combat.


Male NG Human (Chelish) Brawler 7 | HP: 67/67 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 (grapple 26, trip 25) | F: +7, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15 SM: +14 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility: 6/6 | No Spellcasting | Active conditions:none

Success is the accumulation of effort. Keep on trying and eventually, through accrument of skill and experience, you'll achieve success. Matiscio has to remind himself to be patient over and over again, but with his contact evading him and the pressure in the square building t'was a challenging task indeed. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise for his eye to catch the pickpocket; with firm steps he closes the distance between himself and the pickpocket. He's ready to sort the man out.

Correcting the pickpocket:
Once Matiscio gets close enough to verbally reprimand the thief, he will lash out at him with words, not fists. Scaring the pickpocket off will be more than enough for him, assuming he ain't hauling off with the lady's belongings.

Feel free to make any rolls Matiscio might have to make for me :)


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

His chant having failed to take off, Evander decides to get the mood of the crowd, to see where things lie as Gilda shouts over the group.

Watch the Crowd

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

Gregor leans in to Armiger Drost once more, "If you will please pardon me, I need to step away for just a moment, but I will not be far should you need my assistance." With that he nudges his way into the crowd with what looks to be a distinct goal in mind.

GM Zek:
As Gregor nears the young man, he places his left hand on the man's shoulder with a firm grip, and leans in close, "It would be in your very best interests to rethink what you are about to do." He turns the lad and, with his right hand, draws just enough of his steel from its scabbard to punctuate his words. "Now is not the time to bring the attention of the Dottari into the crowds. If you are only here to steal, walk away, and I won't have to turn you over to them."

Intimidate 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 if applicable (+3 vs. non-human humanoids)/(+4 to force someone to act friendly)

Considering his minor task handled, he returns to watching the crowds while he makes his way back to Didiana. He grows concerned over the amount of people getting swept up into the events, fearing that a protest this size will surely make the Dottari nervous enough to take action, especially with that obnoxious windbag trying to rile people up. He sees some young woman in a garish hat speaking to the Armiger, and wonders what it may be about, and realizes it was the one trying to hawk night tea. I Hope she isn't going to arrest her, she knows that the distribution wasn't illegal, just consumption during certain hours. Yeah, she knows, her focus on the law is much better than even my own.

'Watch the Crowd' some more
Perception 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26 (Tagging Along) + 2 more for FE Humans.


Shaman 7 | HP 58 | AC 13 T 11 FF 12 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10* | Init: +1 | Perc: +17 | Sense: +17

As various members of the crowd start to really get into the protesting, Gilda finds herself swept up too, her heart racing in a way it hasn't in years.

"Yeah! YEAH! And what's going on with our old mayor Jilia? How do we knows that it wasn't some kinda made-up accident? Just to put us under the thumb of some outsider?"

Gilda pumps her arm in the air.

"It should be a Kintargan that runs Kintargo! Say it with me!"

"It should be a Kintargan that runs Kintargo!"

Gilda winks at Evander from her perch.

"Come on, say it with me!"

Sounds like she's helping "better organize" the crowd this hour.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Female Human Sorc 4 | HP 8/29 | AC 14/11/13 | CMB+2 CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+5 | Resist fire 6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 |
Spells:
1st (0/7): Charm Person, Magic Missile, Protection from Good, Shield, Shocking Grasp | 2nd (4/day): Telekinetic Volley |

With the anarchists demoralized and the edges of the group dispersing, Didiana felt marginally more comfortable with the protest. The crowd was larger than ever but more focused than just an hour ago, although that focus was wholly anti-Thrune. Still preferable to the chaotic mess earlier, she thought.

The matter settled she turned to the shorter woman by her side. While Didiana had been on the anarchists first, she wasn't sure which one of them had had the larger impact.

"Thank you for the help. I half believed you myself when you said you pulled the dottari over here."

It was true. The woman had the persuasive air of the thespian about her. The only reason she hadn't convinced Didiana was because she had recognized the flamboyant woman from earlier.

"Night tea peddler and friend to the dottari, huh?"

The armiger punctuated her statement with a smirk, assuring the pretty, young woman that she was no threat. But oh, Didiana noted, perhaps she wasn't all that young. She suddenly noticed the tapered ears peeking out from under the woman's flashy hat. There was no telling how old a half-elf was.
Not being here to make friends, Didiana was ready to leave the half-elf behind with a courteous nod when she suddenly had a thought.

"Ah, actually, while you're here - what do you charge for a few parcels of that tea?"

She was just a bit uncomfortable buying the contraband from the woman, but not because of its legality. No, she could hardly care less about Barzillai's ridiculous proclamations. It was simply the implication of buying the stuff that made Didiana feel awkward. The opportunity was too good, however; she had some contacts working the oldest profession in Jarvis End that would appreciate the gesture.

Gregor Ward wrote:
"If you will please pardon me, I need to step away for just a moment, but I will not be far should you need my assistance."

"Hmm? Of course, Senior Recruit. I won't stray."

Odd that he would leave so suddenly. He hadn't noticed the tea peddler's lineage, had he? Didiana knew how he felt about the half-breeds.

Didiana goes back to 'listening for rumors' for the next hour, after finishing up with her new bestie, of course. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13


Panache: 4/4|Female Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 2|HP: 17/19|AC: 16/13/12|Saves: Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2 (+4 vs. Fear/Enchantments)|Init: +3|Perc: +7
Didiana wrote:
"Thank you for the help. I half believed you myself when you said you pulled the dottari over here."

"You're welcome. Strutting in like you own the place and being vague works like a charm on twits." Lia grins.

Didiana wrote:
"Night tea peddler and friend to the dottari, huh?"

"Well, you're half-right. I am Lady Lia Aulamaxa." She curtseys with a flourish of her eye-catching hat. "And yes--I'm here to let Thrune's golden boy know that we can turn his 'proclamations' into Ulfen cheese anytime we wish."

Didiana wrote:
"Ah, actually, while you're here - what do you charge for a few parcels of that tea?"

The aristocrat grins again. "A silver and a copper. I've got about five packets left--they sold like mint, if you can believe that."

-------------------
Crowd Action

Lia, seeing the old lady on the fountain trying to inspire the crowd to a more organized protest, decides to join in.

"THRUNE! Your proclamations are worthless and your attempts at enforcing them are laughable! You call yourself this city's ruler? You're nothing but an INVADER!" Lia's voice calls out above the crowd.

Diplomacy to Rabble Rouse (CHA from Previous Rousing): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Female Human Sorc 4 | HP 8/29 | AC 14/11/13 | CMB+2 CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+5 | Resist fire 6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 |
Spells:
1st (0/7): Charm Person, Magic Missile, Protection from Good, Shield, Shocking Grasp | 2nd (4/day): Telekinetic Volley |
Lia Aulamaxa wrote:
"Well, you're half-right. I am Lady Lia Aulamaxa." She curtseys with a flourish of her eye-catching hat.

Didiana arched an eyebrow. The half-elf was nobility? The armiger's training kicked in as she strove to keep up her friendly but professionally distant tone.

"An honour, your Ladyship. Didiana Drost is my name."

Sometimes it got lonely being a hellknight. When you elect yourself correctional officer for all of society, it won't do to make friends with just anyone, least of all those in a position of power. This included the nobility. After all, when your job included policing and punishing anyone, high and low, it was best to make as few social ties as possible. It wasn't for nothing that Didiana's closest acquaintance outside her order was Gregor.
Shame. She seemed nice.

Didiana bought herself two packets of night tea and let the Lady be on her way. She couldn't help but wonder: did the presence of the young woman here mean that the Aulamaxas disproved of Barzillai Thrune? Perhaps something to look into.

Go ahead and add 2sp and 2 cp to your fortune, Lia!


Maps | Info | Loot

Gregor & Matiscio:
Near the end of the previous hour, Matiscio spotted a would-be pickpocket. Matiscio begins walking towards the younger man. Before Matiscio can say anything, Gregor also spots the pickpocket and begins walking toward the same man.

Matiscio has to shout to be heard over the crowd, but manages to catch a would-be thief’s attention. In doing so, many of the other protesters notice the commotion. The young man runs away from the woman. The would-be victim turns around to see what Matiscio was shouting about.

As the thief starts to run, he is quickly stopped by Gregor who leans in close and says a few words of warning to the young man. Up close, it becomes clear that the ‘man’ is actually only a teenager who was perhaps 13 or 14. The boy’s eyes widen at Gregor’s words and with a final glance at both him and Matiscio, the boy flees, exiting the crowd and Aria Park entirely.

After the commotion involving the would-be thief subsides, a common slogan begins to be chanted by the protesters:

“It should be a Kintargan that runs Kintargo!”

At least half the crowd join in with the catchy saying, turning it into a rallying cry for Kintargans from all walks of life. At the center of the chant stands Gilda, pumping her hands in the air like a conductor in an opera house performance.

GM Rolls:
Didiana Rumor: 1d10 ⇒ 8 Gold: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Didiana:
As the would-be thief pushed his way through the crowd to exit the protest, he bumped into Didiana’s shoulder and stumbled for a moment, looking back to make sure it wasn’t Gregor or Matiscio he had encountered. His eyes bulge, though, when he sees Didiana. The boy is familiar to the armiger. He just so happens to be a certain street urchin that Didiana had previously let go with a stern warning. Before he could be stopped, the boy continued on his way, fleeing the scene.

When you listen for rumors, you’re only able to catch the tail end of one when you hear, “...and they say the Red Jills' boss has gone some sort of crazy."


Evander:
Despite your efforts, you’re unable to to notice anything unusual about the crowd.

Gilda:
Since you succeeded in better organizing the crowd, you receive a +1 circumstances bonus on all Charisma-based checks for the next 24 hours.

Gregor & Matiscio:
After the would-be pickpocket runs off, the lady who was his intended victim thanks you both and hands you each 2 gold for your chivalry. Be sure to add the gold to your respective pages of the loot list.

Gregor:
Once you finish dealing with the would-be thief, you’re able to detect an unusual subcurrent in the crowd’s movement, as if there were an organizing force among the people. If, for some strange reason, combat were to break out, you’ll receive a +4 bonus on your initiative check.

Lia:
Unfortunately, you’re unable to be heard over Gilda’s chant.

Matiscio:
Matiscio Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

After dealing with the would-be pickpocket, you return to your search, having resolved that you’ll achieve success if you persevere in your efforts. Just before the third hour ends, you catch a glimpse of a man with a black leather glove on his right hand, but no glove on his left. Before you can approach him, he is swallowed up into the crowd and the events below transpire, preventing you from immediately attempting contact.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As the protest’s third hour draws to a close, the crowd’s tenor is increasingly hostile. Three minutes after the third hour, the bells of the Cathedral of Asmodeus ring out three peals.

A moment later, Barzillai Thrune throws wide the opera house’s third floor windows and curtains to address the crowd below. Thrune is dressed in red, orange, and black clothing and an ornate breastplate. His clothing and breastplate are both emblazoned with the pentagram of Asmodeus and the cross of Cheliax. Middle-aged, with short, dark hair and a diabolical mace at his side, the lord-mayor of Kintargo surveys the crowd with a condescending sneer while holding a glass of wine in his right hand.

The gathering swiftly grows quiet as Thrune clears his throat and begins to speak.

“Ah, my adoring little chickadees. I am sorry to say I have not yet adapted to your quaint, country ways, being accustomed as I am to the sophistication and learning of Egorian.

"Nonetheless, know I have heard your concerns, and that I appreciate your valued feedback, and I know we shall eventually find a mutual understanding in the fullness of time. I take pride in updating Kintargo’s quaint, outdated laws to the modern standards the city deserves, and strengthening its ties with the empire in these cruel times, but obviously I have approached my duties too aggressively.

“You say you chafe at the presence of non-natives in positions of power? That authorities not of this city have no place as its leaders? That you will not be yoked with intruders? Your lord-mayor hears you.

"And so it is with a heavy heart that I issue this proclamation, in response to your demands: all ships’ captains are hereafter barred from leaving their vessels and setting foot on Kintargo docks or streets, under pain of... let’s say... squassation!”

DC 15 Knowledge (Local) or Lore (Criminal Law):
Squassation is a form of torture in which the victim’s hands are tied together and raised above the head; the victim is then hung from the hands while a weight is suspended from the feet, causing intense pain to the arms and legs.

There won’t be a chance for another hourly action, so just go ahead and respond with how you think each of your characters would react to Thrune’s words and eighth proclamation. I’ve also updated the info slides with a picture of Barzillai addressing the crowd.


Panache: 4/4|Female Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 2|HP: 17/19|AC: 16/13/12|Saves: Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2 (+4 vs. Fear/Enchantments)|Init: +3|Perc: +7

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Lia's grin falters for a moment before reasserting itself. This time, all her smile shows is teeth. "A Nidalese form of torture for something as minor as that? Thin-skinned *and* creatively bankrupt! With your every word, you prove that you're only fit for a noose!"

...damn you, Lady Docur's School for Girls. I could've gone my whole life without learning that.

And it's just as easy to subvert as the rest of his nonsense. Just hand off Captain duties to anyone who volunteers to mind the ship while you're in port.


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Evander looks up as the bells of the church ring, then at Barzillai as the curtains fly open. So, the b@$!@*% shows himself. Let's see what he has to say.

Evander listens as Thrune begins his speech, then issues his ludicrous proclamation. Evander is momentarily aghast. He hadn't expected Thrune to acquiesce to their demands, but to issue the most irrelevant proclamation he had - this was beyond ludicrous. The man condescended to them while drinking wine, then issues a proclamation like this? Squassation was painful torture, which meant this proclamation would cause physical harm to people - it wasn't frivolous like the mint ban. Was he drunk? Or perhaps his mind was unstable? If Barzillai was a madman, then his whims could destroy the city. They had to stop him.

Evander shouts, "Looks like Boarzilla doesn't quite understand us! Let's let him know what we want again!" Evander intentionally mispronounces his name, trying to restart the crowd's chant of, "It should be a Kintargan that runs Kintargo!"


Male NG Human (Chelish) Brawler 7 | HP: 67/67 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 (grapple 26, trip 25) | F: +7, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15 SM: +14 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility: 6/6 | No Spellcasting | Active conditions:none

Whatever hope remained for a better tomorrow got squashed by Thrune's harsh words. The law was on his side. Law inforcement was on his side. The damned state was on his side. What could one man do against such wicked institutionalized terror? The desperation was dripping from Matiscio's face as he dropped to the backlines of the ongoing protest, wanting to run away from this terrible day. The contact hadn't been there, Thrune had shown his might and utter lack of care for the concerned citzens of Kintargo and wherever Master Jalpur might be, today had not brought him one step closer to him. Oh, how he longed to be home right now so he could unleash his frustration and desire to take back control out on a wooden training dummy.

Focus. Success is the result of training and effort. Repetition is the steps you must climb to achieve mastery. Perseverence is the key to unlocking the talent within. Focus

Balancing back and forth between inner pep-talks and drowning in the palpable despair, Matiscio simply watched.


Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

GM and Matiscio:
As the potential victim of the crime tries to offer him gold, Gregor stands stark upright with his palm forward, refusing the money. He shakes his head like the coin might bite him, and he points to Matiscio. "Give it to this noble citizen, for standing up and doing the right thing."

Gregor refuse the coin. Matiscio can add Gregor's 2 gold to his if he accepts it.

He returns to Armiger Drost's side with an unintentionally curt, "Pardon me, ...Ma'am." toward the blond half-elf along his path back to the Armiger. Makes sense, leave it to a damn halfie to be the one trying to be flippant about subverting the law. I wonder if she even knows she wasn't breaking it. He leans over to Didiana, "Ar.. uhm.. Drost," he eyes the half-elf distrustingly "I just had to curtail a pickpocket before he went the wrong path down a life of crime."

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

He arrives back to her side just in time for Lord-Mayor Barzillai's arrival on the balcony. Listening intently to the man's words, he longs to hear some sense come out of him, maybe even a removal of some of the previously ridiculous proclamations. Instead, he levels an even worse one. "What is he trying to do? Does he not realize that by establishing a hostile environment for the captains that it will hurt trade? Our city will lose money, and possibly result in higher taxes, further angering the citizens. Be careful... Drost," Once again looking over his shoulder at Lia, "There is an energy in the air here, like it's all about to go downhill, and fast." With that, he tries to casually pull the shield from his back and slide it onto his left arm, pulling the cloak over it as best he can. "Stay close."


Shaman 7 | HP 58 | AC 13 T 11 FF 12 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10* | Init: +1 | Perc: +17 | Sense: +17

"Squash-ation? What's that?"

Gilda looks about, like someone who is trying to have a fast one pulled on her.

"Anyone? Squash-ation? It ain't good right? Him up there talking his fancytalk?"

As the crowd around her murmurs and the general understanding is made that its some form of torture to their beloved ship captains, Gilda seizes on a new argument.

"So Barzeelie, or..."

Gilda glances at Evander.

"Boarzilla finally shows himself and says a bunch of mumbojumbotalk, then has the nerves to threaten our hard working dockfolk and captains? I dunno bout you all, but I think we can let him know what we think about that!"

Gilda makes the grandest of rude gestures upwards at the balcony and works to begin a new chant.

"Go back to Egorian, Boarzilla!"

Gilda's Status:


HP: 10/10

Spells Prepared
1st — [ ] ears of the city [ ] sleep DC15 [ ] detect undead

Channels (1d6) remaining: 3/3


Male NG Human (Chelish) Brawler 7 | HP: 67/67 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 (grapple 26, trip 25) | F: +7, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15 SM: +14 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility: 6/6 | No Spellcasting | Active conditions:none

GM and Greger:
Overwhelmed and a little stunned, Matiscio accepts the redistributed kindness. "Th-thank you, but this wasn't necessary."

But he knows that denying a moment of kindness is like denying water to a plant.


Female Human Sorc 4 | HP 8/29 | AC 14/11/13 | CMB+2 CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+5 | Resist fire 6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 |
Spells:
1st (0/7): Charm Person, Magic Missile, Protection from Good, Shield, Shocking Grasp | 2nd (4/day): Telekinetic Volley |

Didiana's hard stare was weighty enough to be felt on the back of the adolescent scampering away from the protest and from her. She was disappointed, very disappointed at that, but the boy had just sealed his own fate. She had given him a second chance, tried to teach him to fear the hand that fed him. It had clearly not worked. According to hellknight tenets, those who preyed upon society only had one role within it: to serve as fearful examples for any one else who might be tempted to taint it.

The armiger only looked away from the fleeing youth when Gregor made his way over to her, replacing the Lady Lia.

Gregor Ward wrote:
"Ar.. uhm.. Drost," he eyes the half-elf distrustingly "I just had to curtail a pickpocket before he went the wrong path down a life of crime."

"Ah, that's what had him running. Well, it's too late, I'm afraid. That was Zaccheus Crus, thirteen years of age, and a repeat offender. His last known address is 22 Iron Alley, Old Kintargo. Take him in, Senior Recruit, should you see him on your routes. He has already been given his first warning by your officer Wallace. He will confirm this."

Didiana's professional tone belied the sadness she felt over this development. She had hoped that Zeke would have taken that apprenticeship she surreptitiously set up for him. But the armiger had precious little time for her unhappy thoughts; with three peals from the mysterious Devil's Bells, Lord-Mayor Barzillai Thrune addressed the crowd.

Lore (criminal law): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

While Didiana did not recognize the term, she understood from Gregor that squassation was a form of torture. She stood there staring in open-mouthed shock at the Thrune. It wasn't the notion of torture that left her aghast. No, she accepted the use of torture in extreme circumstances, however distasteful the practice. It was the lord-mayor's dismissive and downright contemptuous demeanor that shook her.

Did... did he just make a new proclamation out of sheer SPITE?! People protest against foreigners in power, so he bans ship captains in the city? What?!

This was ridiculous. This was ludicrous. This was... Didiana didn't have the words to describe this. This... had to be stopped. Yes. This would not stand. Kintargo's new lawmaker was by all accounts a malicious child drunk on newfound power. Which left armiger Drost in a very awkward position indeed. The arrest of Zeke Crus would have to be belayed; Kintargo's government was a sham.


Maps | Info | Loot

Gilda:
Thank you for adding the spoiler with your quick stats!

As the reality of Thrune’s latest proclamation sinks into the minds of those in the crowd, gasps, sobs, and shouts of frustration can be heard by all.

For a moment, no one seems to know how to appropriately respond to Thrune’s words. Appropriate or otherwise, the decision is soon made for them when someone in the crowd throws a handful of manure at Barzillai. Though the putrid projectile misses Barzillai’s noble personage, the lord-mayor nonetheless flinches and spills wine across his ornate clothing.

With his wardrobe and dignity endangered, the lord-mayor’s demeanor shifts from amused to bellicose. He shrieks, “Enough of this! Nox, run them off, arrest them, or kill them. I don’t care which!” before retreating into the opera house and slamming the windows shut.

Down below, Nox immediately mobilizes the dottari, who draw their weapons. At the same time, men and women throughout the crowd pull back their cloaks, revealing matching armbands, truncheons, and the sadistic grins of Chelish Citizens’ Group members eager to mete out some “justice.”

As Nox mobilizes the dottari, someone at the protest hurls a dagger at the woman and scores a lucky hit, the knife sticking into her throat. With a snarl, Nox yanks out the dagger and the wound swiftly heals. She ducks into the opera house a moment later, slamming the doors behind her.

The Chelish Citizens’ Group members continue to smile wickedly as they look at the others in the crowd. A moment later, they begin swinging at random members of the crowd.

Feel free to look at the initiative spoiler, I’m just putting it in a spoiler for the sake of tidiness.

Initiative:

Initiative (Didiana): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Initiative (Evander): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Initiative (Gilda): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Initiative (Gregor): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 (+4 bonus from noticing subcurrent in crowd)
Initiative (Lia): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Initiative (Matiscio): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 (+4 bonus from noticing subcurrent in crowd)
Initiative (Chelish Citizens’ Group Thugs): 1d20 ⇒ 13
Initiative (Dottari Guards): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Initiative (Nox): 1d20 ⇒ 6

***Initiative Order***
Gregor
Dottari Guards
Didiana
Chelish Citizens' Group Thugs
Lia
Nox
Evander
Gilda


Everyone can act. Keep in mind your initiative order and review the combat protocol if you’re unsure about something. Feel free to ask if you’re still unsure after reviewing the protocol. Also, remember that you won’t need to move your character tokens, just use the map as a reference to know how far you can move and to where. I’ll move everyone at the end of the round. If/when you decide to attack an enemy, please specify which one by referencing the color of the outline of their character token: blue, red, etc. The map has been updated with the position of the enemies at the beginning of the round. Lastly, remember that the grey tiles count as difficult terrain for everyone due to the density of the crowd, with the exception of Lia whose rousing efforts to work up the protesters earned her the ability to move through the crowd without being constrained by its density. I’ve added a picture of a Chelish Citizens’ Group Thug to the info slides.


Male NG Human (Chelish) Brawler 7 | HP: 67/67 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 (grapple 26, trip 25) | F: +7, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15 SM: +14 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility: 6/6 | No Spellcasting | Active conditions:none

Matiscio's eyes open up wide in disbelief. It was a set-up all along! Hundreds of screams fill the air as he takes in the situation. Thugs, plain and simple hoodlums, start swinging away at unarmed citizens. Knowing that it is the only right thing to do, Matiscio sprints to the closest member of the Chelish 'Citizens' Group' with the intention of taking him out. The time for words clearly is over.

His body leans towards the fountain and he hops onto it with one foot, using momentum and elevation to lash out with his other at the thug. Like the sharp crack of a whip his leg shoots up, hoping to connect with the man's head. The effort however completely opens up Matiscio's defenses.

Charge the yellow Chelish Thug and attack with an unarmed attack using power attack
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Charge = +2 attack, -2 AC. Power Attack = -1 attack, +2 damage.
Current AC = 10.

Matiscio will be rocking an amazing AC 12 for this combat as he isn't wearing armor and left his shield behind at home. I also haven't moved my player marker on the map since I figured you want to keep control of that (?)


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

As the dottari move towards them and the Cherish Citizens' Group reveals themselves, smacking away at various crowd members, Evander is shocked. Barzillai planned this. The man was mad - this wasn't how things were done in Kintargo! The bastard would pay for any innocent blood that was spilled this day. But first, he had to make sure that blood wasn't his.

Out came the rapier as he prepared to flee.

Unfortunately, a thug from the Chelish Citizens' Group was there, and Evander felt no compunctions about fighting them. He struck out at the traitor, stabbing at him.

Move action: draw rapier
Standard action: attack Green thug
Attack vs Green Thug: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

If one of the Dottari gets near me, instead of using my standard action attacking the thug, I'll use it for total defense (AC +4), in preparation for withdrawing next round.


Female Human Sorc 4 | HP 8/29 | AC 14/11/13 | CMB+2 CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+5 | Resist fire 6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 |
Spells:
1st (0/7): Charm Person, Magic Missile, Protection from Good, Shield, Shocking Grasp | 2nd (4/day): Telekinetic Volley |
Gregor Ward wrote:
"Be careful... Drost," Once again looking over his shoulder at Lia, "There is an energy in the air here, like it's all about to go downhill, and fast."

Nary had the guardsman finish speaking, senses and intuition honed by experience, before he was proven right. As all hell broke loose, Didiana once again found herself aghast at the lord-mayor's conduct.

This was premeditated,she thought. The man is attacking his own people.

Her people, she corrected herself. She felt the arcane surge in her in fury. She needed to protect the protesters, to at least give them a chance to escape. Her hand snapped out towards a loyalist bully some feet to her left.

"You! You are attacking patriots loyal to our lord! Those people came here as counter-protesters! The true rioters escaped to the west! Go! Find them!"

That's a Charm Person (Will DC 16) against the bully in blue.

Didiana was momentarily distracted by further commotion at the gate. Her eyes widened in shock as Thrune's bodyguard pulled a knife out of her throat, only to have the gaping wound stitch itself together in a matter of seconds. Hells below, what was that?! Didiana recalled the rumors she had heard earlier about the woman Nox not being entirely human. Perhaps there was some truth to it.


Shaman 7 | HP 58 | AC 13 T 11 FF 12 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10* | Init: +1 | Perc: +17 | Sense: +17

Gilda continues to shake her fist at the balcony in defiance, while she winces as one of Boarzilla's "citizens group" smashes into a nearby bystander with his weapon.

"You bastard! You've set your thugs on us like a bunch of rabid dogs!"

Moving along the edge of the fountain with a swiftness unusual for her age, Gilda calls out to Matiscio.

"Watch out, he's headed right for ya!"

Move along fountain, evil eye vs yellow thug. DC14 Will. See spoiler for details.

Evil Eye:

If the thugs are wearing any armor heavier than a chain shirt or using heavy shields, she'll hex for -2AC. If they are lightly armored, she'll instead apply a -2 to their attack rolls.

Duration: 1 rd (on made save) or 7 rds (on failed save)

Gilda's Status:


HP: 10/10

Spells Prepared
1st — [ ] ears of the city [ ] sleep DC15 [ ] detect undead

Channels (1d6) remaining: 3/3


Panache: 4/4|Female Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 2|HP: 17/19|AC: 16/13/12|Saves: Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2 (+4 vs. Fear/Enchantments)|Init: +3|Perc: +7

Round 1: Actions
Move Action: Draw Rapier
No Action: 5' step to Red Thug
Standard Action: Stab stab stab!

An enraged Lia draws her rapier with a flourish and advances on the miscreant near her. "Stand and fight me, churl! Ply your trade on someone who can fight back, if you can!"

She lunges forward...

Stab: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

...and unfortunately, has to pull her thrust short to avoid stabbing a civilian.


Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

Gregor is not surprised to find that it is the Chelish Citizens Group that decides to start swinging on citizens, but what can he really do about it. They are under proper authority as an empowered militia. The most he can do is try to be a protector. He reluctantly draws his sword while stepping between Armiger Drost and the two Chelish Citizens nearest the Opera house. With his shield already on his arm, he stands as the best barrier he can, ready to deflect incoming blows with his blade. "Armiger Drost," he calls over his shoulder, "Technically, they have legal authority. Try to avoid lethal attacks. I'll protect you to the best of my ability."

Mechanics:
Move, to the square above Didiana (drawing his weapon while moving)
Standard, Aid another (AC) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 +2 more for FE Humans.
He will aid another anyone that gets attacked that he meets the requirements for (adjacent to them and the enemy), but it may most likely be Didiana.

Status:
HP: 12/12
AC: 19 (13/16)
Effects: +2 to Atk/Dmg vs. FE Humans


Maps | Info | Loot

Gregor moves between Didiana and two of the Chelish Citizens’ Group Thugs with sword and shield drawn, ready to aid Didiana or another ally if the need arises.

The Dottari Guards move forward in unison, forcing back those in the crowd as dozens of people flee in every direction, trying to escape Barzillai’s minions.

Didiana casts charm person on the blue thug. Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Per the text of the spell, Didiana must beat an opposed charisma check to get the charmed person to do what she asks him to.
Didiana Charisma Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Blue Thug Charisma Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

The blue thug can't help but heed Didiana's command. Here's my chance for glory, the thug thinks, I'm going to find the real threat. The thug proceeds to move through the crowd as quickly as possible to find the threat Didiana spoke of.

Seeing Gregor’s sword and shield drawn, the purple thug decides the cloaked ranger might be a worthy challenge and moves forward to attack. His attack hits nothing but air. Purple thug 5-ft steps forward and attacks Gregor.
Melee Attack (Non-lethal): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Red thug recognizes Lia’s rabble rousing from earlier in the protest and decides to make an example. Red thug 5-ft steps and attacks Lia. Lia proves too nimble for the thug and deftly dodges out of the way.
Melee Attack (Non-lethal): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

The green thug sees Evander, the one who had managed to silence the Thrune sympathizers and lashes out at the investigator, but misses badly. 5-ft step to be adjacent to Evander and melee attack.
Melee Attack (Non-lethal): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

The yellow thug, not seeing any current threat to herself, lashes out at a random nearby civilian.
Melee Attack (Non-lethal): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Damage (Non-lethal): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
The civilian screams and falls prone, feebly trying to shield his head with his hands.

Matiscio sees the yellow thug and charges the Chelish loyalist, hoping to stop the woman before she can do anymore harm. Time seems to stand still for a moment as Matiscio soars through the air. Then the world returns to its normal pace as Matiscio’s foot connects with the yellow thug’s chest, resulting in an audible cracking sound. The yellow thug takes a step back and clutches her chest, but remains standing.

Lia tries to retaliate against the red thug, but fails to connect. In doing so, she manages to avoid injuring any nearby civilians.

Nox is nowhere to be found.

Evander responds to the green thug’s assault with an attack of his own. The thug is taken aback when he looks down and sees Evander has drawn blood. The thug grits his teeth and grips his mace more tightly.

Gilda shouts out to Matiscio, but as it turned out, the man needed no aid. Gilda recognizes that her foe is lightly armored and decides that reducing the man’s attack capabilities would be the proper course of action. The thug can't help but shudder under Gilda's gaze. Evil Eye Hex for yellow thug to take -2 to attack rolls
Will save (yellow thug): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

The crowd surges back and forth, uncertain which way to go to reach freedom. The protesters found themselves seemingly surrounded by Thrune's lackies. Perhaps the aid of a few would-be rebels would be enough to make a difference.

***Round 2***
Current Status:
Gregor (Aid Another action readied)
Dottari Guards
Didiana
Chelish Citizens' Group Thugs -- Blue Thug (charmed), Yellow thug -2 to attack (7 rounds) & -7 hp (non-lethal damage), Green thug -2 hp (lethal damage)
Matiscio (-2 AC from charge)
Lia
Nox
Evander
Gilda
Random civilian -5 hp (non-lethal)

Round 2 has begun. Everyone can act again. Remember that I’ll move everyone’s character tokens for them. The grey tiles still count as difficult terrain.


Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

Gregor notices that the thugs, because that is what they really are despite being called militia, are at least showing some restraint in trying to knock out their quarry. Knowing he has very little options, decides to do the same. Leveling his sword to sit parallel to the ground across the front of his shield, he punches out with the pommel, in hopes of knocking the man out. Calling over once more to Didiana "Move back, and away from the center. The Dottari are advancing as a line, and will force the whole of the crowd against the water's edge."

Mechanics:
Standard, Longsword Attack vs. Purple for Non-Lethal, 1d20 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 4 + 2 = 14 (Doing NL damage, FE Humans), damage? 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7 (FE Humans)

Status:
HP: 12/12
AC: 18 (13/15)
Effects: +2 to Atk/Dmg vs. FE Humans


Male NG Human (Chelish) Brawler 7 | HP: 67/67 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 (grapple 26, trip 25) | F: +7, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15 SM: +14 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility: 6/6 | No Spellcasting | Active conditions:none

The Irori brawler adjusts a more defensive stance as he plants his right foot firmly on the ground. Like the tip of a knife dancing on a tight rope, Matiscio leans forward, poised to strike. "Surrender now and save yourself a beating."

If the woman does anything but flee, a knee will rise to put an end to her wicked ways.

Standard action: Attack Yellow Thug(assuming she doesn't flee/surrender)
Move Action: Martial Flexibility to gain the Dodge feat for a minute

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Current AC = 13


Female Human Sorc 4 | HP 8/29 | AC 14/11/13 | CMB+2 CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+5 | Resist fire 6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 |
Spells:
1st (0/7): Charm Person, Magic Missile, Protection from Good, Shield, Shocking Grasp | 2nd (4/day): Telekinetic Volley |

Didiana was relieved as she felt the spell take hold. The militia member would spend at least the next few minutes on a fruitless search for insurgents, before he started wondering why his new best friend had sent him on a wild goose chase. She took no enjoyment in the successful deception; deceit and especially spells that tampered with the victim's mind left a bad taste is Didiana's mouth, and it bothered her greatly that such duplicity was quite literally in her blood. But this was no time to cater to her own selfish sensibilities.

Gregor Ward wrote:
"Move back, and away from the center. The Dottari are advancing as a line, and will force the whole of the crowd against the water's edge."

The armiger did as she was told. While Gregor and herself often found themselves working together, they seldom fought together but they were both students of militaristic units; their training complemented each other. In fact, supporting front-line soldiers from behind was typically her exact role within the Order, Didiana mused as she unleashed another spell at the poor thug now facing Gregor.

Moving back a square if possible and then throwing a Daze at the color purple (Will DC 13). Dazed Condition: The creature is unable to act normally. A dazed creature can take no actions, but has no penalty to AC.

Moving through the screaming, but thankfully thinning, crowd, Didiana was somewhat surprised to find herself just a few feet away from the young Lady Aulamaxa again. What's more was that the noblewoman had taken up the fight herself. The armiger was unsure of her intent, but the half-elf was unexpectedly adept with her sword. Was this what they taught young noblewomen these days?


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

Evander sees the dottari advancing, and knows he has a limited amount of time to get free. In order to prepare for his chance to escape, he adopts a defensive stance and strikes at the thug before moving through the crowd a bit to prepare his escape.

Standard Action: Fighting Defensively, Move action: move down one square, provoking AoO.

Attack vs Green Thug, Fighting Defensively: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 = 6
Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 1 = 10

Status:

HP 9/9
AC: 18 (Fighting Defensively)
Extracts: [ ]disguise self, [ ]expeditious retreat
Effects: none


Shaman 7 | HP 58 | AC 13 T 11 FF 12 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10* | Init: +1 | Perc: +17 | Sense: +17

Gilda shakes her fist at the shuttered windows.

"You bastard, I know yer watching this!"

As she overhears someone in the crowd working magic, she opts to try that too.

If Matiscio's still stands, then target his, otherwise target Evander's. Daze DC14 Will.

Gilda's Status:


HP: 10/10

Spells Prepared
1st — [ ] ears of the city [ ] sleep DC15 [ ] detect undead

Channels (1d6) remaining: 3/3


Panache: 4/4|Female Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 2|HP: 17/19|AC: 16/13/12|Saves: Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2 (+4 vs. Fear/Enchantments)|Init: +3|Perc: +7

Round 2: Actions
Standard Action: Stab stab!

Lia snorts as the thug's wild swing nearly mirrors her own. She flicks her rapier once before lunging again...

Stab: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage?: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Maps | Info | Loot

Gregor strikes the purple thug with the pommel of his sword, causing the thug to grimace in pain.

The Dottari Guards move forward in unison once again, compressing the crowd further as the protesters are still uncertain which direction to go to get to safety.

Didiana tries to daze the purple thug but he shrugs off the effect.
Will save (purple thug): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

The blue thug continues to move further away from the main crowd, seeking out who or what he believes to be the true problem.

The Purple thug clutches the side of his head where Gregor's pommel struck. The thug tries to flee as quickly as he can. Withdraw action.

The red thug swings at Lia again. Dealing 6 points of non-lethal damage.
Melee Attack (Non-lethal): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Damage (Non-lethal): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The green thug, seeing Evander struck him with lethal force, decides to respond with the same. Dealing 8 points of lethal damage.
Melee Attack (Non-lethal): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage (Non-lethal): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The yellow thug clutches her chest and decides to flee rather than face off against Matiscio. Withdraw action.

Matiscio restrains himself when he sees the yellow thug decided to flee. Feel free to double move next round Matiscio in addition to a standard action, since I figure you would normally have moved somewhere else after seeing the thug flee.

Lia tries to retaliate against the red thug and manages to land a blow against the thug.

Nox is still nowhere to be found.

Evander is hurt badly, but tries to retaliate, but is unable to strike the thug. He repositions himself for a chance to flee. In doing so, he fails to avoid an attack of opportunity from the thug. Nonetheless, he manages to dodge the thug's blow.
Green thug Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Gilda, seeing the yellow thug flee, decides to direct her daze toward the green thug. In doing so, she manages to remove the thug from the fight, for a bit, at least.
Will save (green thug): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5 Edit: I originally included one too many rolls, so this was originally successful based on those rolls, so I'm giving her credit for that and letting the daze be successful still.

The crowd is still largely in the same area in Aria Park, preventing free movement. All the protesters are still terrified of the dottari and thugs and don't know where to run.

***Round 3***
Current Status:
Gregor
Dottari Guards
Didiana
Chelish Citizens' Group Thugs - Blue thug (charmed), Purple thug -7 hp (non-lethal), Yellow thug -2 to attack & -7 hp (non-lethal damage), Red thug -4 hp (lethal damage), Green thug -2 hp (lethal damage) & dazed (1 round)
Matiscio
Lia
Nox
Evander -8 hp (lethal damage)
Gilda

Round 3 has begun. Everyone can act again. Grey tiles still count as difficult terrain.


Male NG Human (Chelish) Brawler 7 | HP: 67/67 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 (grapple 26, trip 25) | F: +7, R: +7, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15 SM: +14 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility: 6/6 | No Spellcasting | Active conditions:none

Matiscio notices a thug going ape on a hapless citizen near the other side of the fountain. The poor man was already badly bruised and battered, but the thug shows no intention of stopping anytime soon. He opts to help the man out, seeing as how his direct opponent has fled, and charges forward. He uses a member of the crowd to launch himself up, aiming to have his feet come out of nowhere and connect straight with the thug's jaw.

Whatever was going on here filled the brawler with rage and for the first time ever, he felt it was right to fight. For Jaya.

Extra move (from last round): move two tiles west and then up north.
Fullround action: charge the green thug @ Evander with Power Attack.

Charge attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Nonlethal damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

If charging isn't possible, because of the crowd or any other reason, feel free to deduct -2 from the attack roll.

Current AC = 11


Male Tiefling (Pass for Human) Investigator (Conspirator, Empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (Inpsired Blade) 1 | AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 18 | HP 53/53 | Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +6 (+2 vs illusions); resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +3 | Perception +13 (+15 to notice scrying); low-light vision, darkvision 120 ft | Inspiration 6/6 | Panache 4/4 | SLAs: Deathwatch At-Will |
Extracts:
Level 1: 6/6; Level 2: 4/4
| Active effects:

Evander grunts loudly as the thug's mace slams into him. He heard a cracking noise and realizes he probably just had a couple ribs break. However. the thug near him suddenly looks dazed and some other man comes from the direction of the fountain to punch the thug. Not one to question his good fortune, Evander says, "Thanks," to the man, then gets clear of the thug, heading directly away from the thug.

Full-round action: Withdraw 3 squares straight down. If Matiscio knocks the thug out, switch it to a move action to the same place, then a standard to drink my extract of expeditious retreat.


Codename: "Falcon" Male 'Human' Divine Marksman Urban Ranger 5/Bard 2 (AC: 19 [T: 13 /FF: 16] -1 if using Buckler hand; CMD 20; HP: 58/58; F+5, R+10, W+4 [+1 vs. Mind-affecting]; Init: +4 (+6 in Kintargo); Perc: +14 (+16 in Kintargo) [Low-light vision])

Seeing Didiana back up, allowed Gregor to ease back as well, but they were in no position to up and leave just yet. Some of the citizens decided to use their weapons against the wrong people. It was a foolish act of retaliation, but he couldn't let them just get beat down. Following Didiana, but not going west like he told her. Instead he heads east, for that filthy halfie, of all people. "Listen citizen! You do not have the proper authority to bear arms against the militia! If you stay, you will surely pay the price! Their price!" He calls out to Lia in irritation. He pommel swings again at the next target, but the distraction of trying to tell off the citizen pulls his swing short of its mark.

Mechanics:
Move, down and right one square (just above Lia)
Standard, Longsword Attack vs. Rd for Non-Lethal, 1d20 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 4 + 2 = 2 (Doing NL damage, FE Humans)

Status:
HP: 12/12
AC: 19 (13/16)
Effects: +2 to Atk/Dmg vs. FE Humans


Shaman 7 | HP 58 | AC 13 T 11 FF 12 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +10* | Init: +1 | Perc: +17 | Sense: +17

@GM Zek: Do we have any benefit from interacting with the other protesters? Using Diplomacy to talk them into getting out of the way and resolving the difficult terrain from the crowd?

Gilda winces as Evander takes a serious blow, but gestures to him.

"He's dazed, Bottles! But not for long! Go get him! Pay him back for that nasty scar!"

Evil eye vs yellow thug. DC14 Will. We'll target his AC to get him wrapped up.

1 to 50 of 3,737 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hell's Rebels with GM Zek All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.