Gameday VII! 9-20 Fury of the Final Blade (Inactive)

Game Master Incendiaeternus


1 to 50 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

You have been summoned to the center of the Skyreach. Your escorts encourage you to move on quickly as you walk past a heavily sealed door with runic seals covering the door and you find yourselves in an office further down the hall. A grim faced Ambrus Valsin is pacing the office. He takes a dagger from his side twirling around in his hand before putting it back again, before repeating it while you all get settled into chairs set out in this room. He doesn't flinch at the sounds of your weapons and armor being arranged as you sit down but keeps on pacing till everyone is seated.

"Pathfinders, get comfortable, get to know each other, once Aram Zey lets a few of his casters free of that project he's been working on they will transport you to Rosehaven." He mentions in a clipped voice while not really looking at any of you directly.

"I'm not going to be the one to give you this mission." He continues through clenched teeth. "It's complicated, it's bloody complicated and Petulengro will fill you in on the details once the curses busy spellcasters get here to send you there, that's why your up here and not down in a normal room. Your at least closer which was as much of an agreement I could get from him, concerning the weight of both matters."

For players new to me, I don't do dotting in I do introductions. Feel free to introduce yourselves, RP the introductions and the like and I'll post Rosehaven once we get to day 1.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin of Shelyn 17

A heavily armored warrior, a holy symbol of Shelyn dangling from her neck, settles into her seat. She notices the anxiety everyone seems to have about this mission, and waits to see if she recognizes any of the other Pathfinders assigned.

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

A foppishly dressed man with a literal monkey on his back (and a foppishly dressed monkey at that) leans to one side in his seat with a booted foot propped up upon the leg of an adjacent chair. One gloved hand traces the etchings along the basket pommel of his dueling blade, a blade that pulses with an almost ethereal glow.

Rosehaven, that is in Galt is it not? Tragic country that is. So mismanaged for so long that the locals fail to recognize their betters. They violently reject rightful rule instead of embracing the right rulers."

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin of Shelyn 17

Hania smiles in greeting to Favian, who she has travelled with before. Her eyes grow sad at the mention of people who have been mistreated so much that they rebel against order.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 9.1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 (26 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +7, W: +6 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

"It must be killing you not to be able to be the ones to tell us where to go, what to do, and what not to do in any uncertain terms." A short but stout figure says as he ambles over to find his seat. The barb is followed by a wry grin, one that Pooka is certain the gruff VC still won't appreciate.

The halfling's full plate clinks and grinds with each step, and the pieces that show from beneath the tunic glint in the light from their recent polish job. An armored helm is tucked under his arm, and the soldier scans the room at the pathfinders gathered. "Pooka Bladespinner. Pleasure to meet you all."

His tone is light and friendly, and he makes a point to shake each person's hand in the room, giving them a more thorough visual examination as he does. Pooka ignores the ever-anxious venture captain, content with his explanation that he cannot offer any more information than he already has. "It has been a while since I've been back in the lodge. Spent a fair bit of time at and around the worldwound, fighting the evil that spills forth from there." Pooka suddenly gets a distant look in his eye, and the color on his face drains ever so slightly.

"A halfling needs some time to put those horrors into their proper place in his mind. I would prefer to forget, but there are some things that cannot be unseen." he says ominously.

As quickly as the mood came, it passes, and a smile brings the color back to his face. "I've been at my farm for a few years now, but it's time to get back in the saddle. Literally." He adds the last word with a twinkle in his eye before sticking two fingers between his lips and letting out a shrill, quick whistle.

Liberty's Edge

Female Bonded Mount - Dog | HP: 52/59 | AC: 24 (14 Tch, 20 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 (+4 vs Enchant) | Init: +3 w/ Pooka | Perc: +7 | Speed 40ft | Tricks: Attack, Combat Riding, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, Heel, Seek, Track, Fetch | Active conditions: Prayer

Is that the whistle? It's definitely the whistle. Here I come. Oh hey, I remember Valsin's smell. That must be Valsin. Does he still have the bacon in the drawer? It smells like it.

Oops. I remember, he still doesn't like it when I try to open his drawer. Hey big guy, I didn't put all that slobber there. At least I don't remember... Oh there is Pooka. He is my favorite. He doesn't mind slobber. Oh fun, New People!

This is definitely fun. I can tell because my tail is wagging. Is that a monkey? I don't know if I like monkeys. He smells like a monkey. Maybe he would be fun to chase.

What do you want Pooka? Stop chasing the monkey? Who was doing that? Certainly not me... Ok maybe me. Hup. Down. I know those. Ok, He obviously wants me to sit on his feet. But I haven't gotten pats yet from the woman who is dressed like Pooka. She looks a little sad. I am certain that scratching me behind my ears would fix that. Well, it's at least worth trying right?

Down. Got it. Guess you better come to me Warrior lady dressed like Pooka.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 9.1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 (26 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +7, W: +6 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

Soft, silver colored fur pokes out from the chainmail barding and military style saddle that is draped over the dog that trots into the room. The dog is large by human standards, but almost dwarfs the halfling that commands her. Her nose sniffs the air, the floor, and leads her behind Valsin before being shooed away.

"Luna, my mount." Pooka introduces the dog to the others in the room.

"Hup! Down!" the halfling barks, missing the early warning sign that Luna was suddenly interested in getting to know the foppishly dressed monkey more intimately.

"Looks like we are a little rusty after all. Heh. I can promise you that if things get ugly, wherever we are going, You can count on Luna and I to help keep us all safe." he smiles reassuringly.

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 66/66 (| Current AC: 21/ 16 Tch/ 17 FF | Current CMB: +5 (+13 rapier/hair), CMD: 20 (hair=28 v grapple, trip) | F: +9, R: +11+1, W: +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +4 Speed 30ft +10 charge, withdraw | Arcane Pool: 5/10 | Inspired Panache: 7/8 | Flight Hex 3/7 | Prehensile Hair 3/7 | Active Conditions: Combat Reflexes, +1Keen (9/10), Flying, Hair active

You see what is quite obviously a tiefling, though her gender is a little more difficult to discern, for she wears a heavy cloak and overlarge hat to try and cover her features. But her tail flails about when she's not paying attention to it, her cloven feet are ill-contained by her boots, and her scaly skin is quite obvious despite her horrible overuse of makeup. She's a bundle of nervous tics and whoops, and even an occasional muttered curse comes from her involuntarily. As you watch her shuffle into the room, looking for the most shadowed spot to sit, you notice her rather overlong ear hair seems to wave about as if it has a mind of its own. But then she doffs her cap and turns to the group, her eyes burning intently, and her diction is both careful and quite cultured.

"Greetings, my fellow pathfinders. My name is Daru Apsulon," she says, offering a deep bow. "It is an honor to serve with you all. My blade, my spells and my...ahem...other appendages are at your service." She pauses a moment to offer her hand to Luna for a good sniff before trying to pet her. Then she turns back to the group.

" I do feel the need to apologize in advance. When my focus is elsewhere, I have a tendency to whoop or click, or, much to my extreme consternation, occasionally mutter an horrific curse or two. How did my dear adopted mother put it? Oh yes, 'How in the name of Asmodeus do I get this little monster to shut up?' Ah, dear ol' mum. Thank goodness I was adopted..." With a shudder and a flourish she replaces her hat. "I assure you, the utterances are involuntary, and indeed, when I put my mind to it, I can be quite diplomatic. But, one's mind does wander...Please take no offense at these unfortunate mannerisms."

She sits down in the corner and digs around in her pack until she pulls out a well-worn pathfinder chronicle. As she quickly becomes engrossed in the volume, you notice her ear-hair elongate and start turning the pages for her. After a few pages, the whoops and chirps become more pronounced and you hear her mutter "FrickinZey, FrickinZey."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 9.1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 (26 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +7, W: +6 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

"Easy girl. Easy" Pooka whispers to Luna, whose hackles raise immediately at the entrance of the tiefling. Their extended time fighting demonic forces in and around the worldwound had clearly left their mark.

"Pleasure to meet you Daru." Pooka says. His head cocks sideways just a bit at the prehensile hair display, comically at the same time that Luna's head cocks sideways.

"No apology necessary. Perhaps you and I can stay out of the way together if any sneaking is required. With my armor, no one would hear the curses anyways..." the halfling offers a friendly smirk.

Liberty's Edge

Female Bonded Mount - Dog | HP: 52/59 | AC: 24 (14 Tch, 20 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 (+4 vs Enchant) | Init: +3 w/ Pooka | Perc: +7 | Speed 40ft | Tricks: Attack, Combat Riding, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, Heel, Seek, Track, Fetch | Active conditions: Prayer

What is this? Looks familiar, better get ready. Oh goodie, their goes my hair. Hey! Just like hers! Ok boss, I'll hang tight.

Oh, a hand to eat. Did I say eat? Let's smell first. Ink. And paper. Definitely a pathfinder. Probably Definitely. A hint of magical tang too. But no bad sulfur. Ok Pooka, she isn't so bad.

Oh that's a good ear scratch. Definitely probably not bad at all.

A staccato, soft thumping begins to emanate from the floor underneath Luna, crescendoing as the head scratch intensifies and stopping suddenly when the head scratch stops.

She's alright in my book.

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 29/65 | AC: 21 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor, Shield, 6 Images

The door to Ambrus Valsin's office bangs open as a blue-haired gnome busts in. The ends of his spiky hair smolder and smoke as patches of ice that have formed on his robe melt into wet splotches. He rubs a finger along his bulbous nose leaving a smoking line of bubbling skin as the room illuminates his heavily tattooed features.

The gnome hops into an unoccupied chair next to a bureau and places a small bag on it. He open the sack and begins to pull things out and place them on the bureau, floor, chair arm, before he pulls out a vail of a milky, bubbling substance which he blindly hold out to Hania. "Be a darling and hold that, won't you?". Still without looking he releases the vail.

After a moment, he pulls an empty ink pot, a broken quill, and a piece of sheep-skin parchment that is covered from corner to corner with writing. Touching quill to his tongue, he settles into the chair and looks up. For the first time he notices all the others in the room. Surprised to see that he and Ambrus Valsin are not alone, he tsks in an annoyed fashion. "Other pathfinders I suppose. Back from some elemental plane or the deepest, darkest expanse of the Mwgani, as I am sure you are about to brag about. Let me save you the time, we are all fantastic. The best of the best. Specifically selected for this assignment because of our unique skills. Let me congratulate you and drone on and one about how honored I am to be working with you."

"So Valsin, what do you need me for this time? Galt you say? after the Venture Captain briefly informs him of what he told the others. "That'll do. he says as he scoops his belongings into his small bag. He hops off the chair and heads for the door, "Formally, you can all call me Nugats.

"And you are?" he addresses the monkey climbing over Favian.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-12 (Div Tracker) AC23/T16/F18/CMD21 |HP 112/112| Fort:+14;Ref:+17 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+23| Init.+7 | { } {Blessings 0/9, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

Standing silently off to the side, you see a tall, dark human man with a dark weathered cloak and a longbow and quiver on his back. He has a habit of observing conversations, studying the comments made as if unaccustomed to civilized gatherings. If he speaks at all, he speaks with a thick Varisian accent. He wears a holy symbol of Desna around his neck.

The ranger bows to Amenopheus and nods to each of the others.

I am apologize for zhe late arrival. I am sure with zhe team such as we have here, zhere should be no problems dealing with zhis Rosehaven business.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-12 (Div Tracker) AC23/T16/F18/CMD21 |HP 112/112| Fort:+14;Ref:+17 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+23| Init.+7 | { } {Blessings 0/9, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

Oops - ignore the mention of Amenopheus. That was meant to be Aram Zey

He introduces himself to the five assembled Pathfinders.

Oh, I almost forgot. I do not believe I have had zhe pleasure to serve with any of you. Not until now, zhat is. Call me Roland. I am skilled with zhe bow and some of zhe woodcraft.

Liberty's Edge

Female Bonded Mount - Dog | HP: 52/59 | AC: 24 (14 Tch, 20 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 (+4 vs Enchant) | Init: +3 w/ Pooka | Perc: +7 | Speed 40ft | Tricks: Attack, Combat Riding, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, Heel, Seek, Track, Fetch | Active conditions: Prayer

Oooohh.... A Snack!

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 9.1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 (26 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +7, W: +6 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

Pooka starts with a smile ready to introduce himself to the gnome, but holds back, not quite sure where to break in to say hi. Sensing Luna's sudden interest in the smoldering and freezing character, he drops a gauntleted hand on her neck, and scratches behind an ear to distract her from any thoughts of getting up.

Luna's head tilts to the side while she holds her position, laying on the floor in front of the armored halfling. Her nose sniffs, wriggles, and moves, following each item that is pulled from the magical bag, and her muscles strain and tremble, clearly longing to spring across the room and inspect each item more closely.

"I suppose we are ready. I'm surprised you don't have more pull with the mages when it comes to getting agents on site for a mission. Any minute now, right?" Pooka can't resist one last barb to toss over the desk before getting up.

"Heel Luna."

Liberty's Edge

Female Bonded Mount - Dog | HP: 52/59 | AC: 24 (14 Tch, 20 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 (+4 vs Enchant) | Init: +3 w/ Pooka | Perc: +7 | Speed 40ft | Tricks: Attack, Combat Riding, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, Heel, Seek, Track, Fetch | Active conditions: Prayer

Yes, staying by Pooka's side. Got it. Can do. This new guy smells like burnt hair and... what is that? Bacon flavored Lollipops. Yes. He might be my new favorite. I bet he has bacon in that bag. Now if I just wait until he isn't looking...

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 29/65 | AC: 21 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor, Shield, 6 Images

Nugats nods along with Pooka chastisement of Vaslin's dawdling. "Wisdom from a halfling. How refreshing." he mutters as he moves over to the beautiful canine curled by his feet. "May I?" he asks the armored Pooka before gripping Luna's jaw in his firm hands. He opens the dog's mouth to look at the needle sharp teeth and lolling tongue before running his hand along the pooch's haunch. He ends his examination with a reach around the dog's rear. "Marvelous dog. I am sure you do your master proud." he sincerely compliments.

"Roland you say your name is? Isn't that a protoVarisian term for turf or lawn? I am sure your woodcraft will come in handy in the wilds of Galt. Glad to have you. Now are we just about off?" he asks as he walks for the door.

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps
Roland Garros wrote:
Oops - ignore the mention of Amenopheus. That was meant to be Aram Zey

Aram Zey is not here he was only mentioned.

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

After you all have gotten in and settled down eventually two harried looking mages come into the room, one has singes across half their clothing and the other one hair is half blue and half silver at the moment.

They simply nod to Valsin and start to work scribbling in chalk on the floor until a portal opens up.

"Well off you go nothing more for you to see here." Valsin motions to the portal.

~~~

The village of Rosehaven is the very picture of an idyllic countryside hamlet, its residents going about their business of farming and crafting with peaceful purpose as the sun sinks through the hazy sky. Snippets of conversation and song drift on the breeze mixed among the lowing of cows and chatter of chicken flocks.

“Peaceful, isn’t it? And to think that a few hours’ travel down the river, one of our own is starting an international incident.” The speaker is a woman dressed for travel, her long red hair bound back into a practical braid and a worn pack slung over one shoulder. She draws a wayfinder from a pocket and smiles wearily. “Pathfinders, welcome, and thank you for coming on such short notice. I’m Venture-Captain Eliza Petulengro. I’m sorry for the strange choice of meeting places. This village is as close as I dare get to Isarn, and we haven’t the time to spare traveling upriver from Woodsedge.”

She gestures to a circle of log benches along one edge of the village square and seats herself, easing her pack to the ground with a sigh. “I’m going to be blunt. A few weeks ago, Colson Maldris kidnapped a troupe of corrupt, high-ranking Andoran citizens and brought them here to Galt. Whatever plan he had in mind backfired, and now they’re all scheduled to be executed tomorrow morning with a final blade—Colson included. Needless to say, Andoran’s government won’t take kindly to either the Pathfinder Society or the Gray Gardeners taking the law into our own hands and interfering with their internal affairs. Moreover, this could set a precedent for the Red Revolution to spread beyond Galt’s borders, which would be a disaster for several nations. So I need you to mount a rescue mission.”

The venture-captain rummages through her pack, pulling out a wrapped parcel, a folded letter, and a handful of vials. “Have some raisin cakes, they were made fresh this morning at the lodge. This is the letter Colson sent me when he realized his plan was falling apart. And Rosehaven’s priest brewed a potion for each of you to shake off the fatigue; I’m afraid it’s going to be a long night. You’re to travel from here to Isarn, find out where the Andoren citizens are being held, and get them out of there. If you can bring Colson with you and it won’t endanger your escape, then do—but the Decemvirate has granted us the latitude to abandon him if necessary to secure the civilians. They’re our top priority. We’ll have a boat at the Isarn docks waiting to get you all to safety. Do you have any questions?”

Click her name for picture.

Colson's Letter:

Venture-Captain Petulengro,

I write you out of desperation.
Some weeks ago, I arranged for several of Andoran’s most morally bankrupt elites to be taken to Galt to be tried at the hands of the Gray Gardeners and the Galtan people. I knew I was going above the law of the people, and it galled me to do so. Yet Andoren law had failed the people again and again by allowing them to stay in power, where they would remain unless forcibly removed.

Now, though, it seems I have been betrayed, and the situation has escalated beyond what I am able to solve on my own. Despite our original agreement to provide a trial at the hands of the people and protect the Andorens from Galt’s terrible final blades, the Gray Gardeners have now decided to violate both terms: the captives are scheduled for public and rather permanent execution. I have beseeched my contacts within the Gray Gardeners to stay their plans, but I have so far been ignored, and I fear I am soon to become a target of their justice.

I had hoped to avoid sullying our agents’ reputations with my rash actions, yet events have gone far beyond my ability to predict or control. Corrupt or not, if these Andorens are executed, Andoran may well declare war upon Galt, and I regret that my involvement in the situation means the Pathfinder Society will face terrible reprisals throughout the region. I beg you to send aid—not for my sake, but for the Society, and for all free people whom open war would crush.

My confidante and assistant in this plan has been a colleague named Eylara Deleios. She may be able to provide information and aid to any agents you send. In our days among the Eagle Knights, we spent our off-duty hours in the sophomoric habit of seeking out the cheapest tavern we could find with a bird in its name, and it has been our strategy for finding one another ever since. If you seek her aid, that’s how you will find her.

Most Humbly,
Colson Maldris

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin of Shelyn 17

Hania reads over the letter and shakes her head. "I can understand frustration over the system not working as is is supposed to, but surely there are ways to fix this that don't involve completely disregarding the law? And as usual when someone uses the expedient solution of ignoring rules, Colson made a mess for others to clean up."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-12 (Div Tracker) AC23/T16/F18/CMD21 |HP 112/112| Fort:+14;Ref:+17 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+23| Init.+7 | { } {Blessings 0/9, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

Roland listens to the mission briefing, trying to remember all the details.

Zhese four citizens....what do we know of zhem. Do we know zheir names or general descriptions? Getting zhem out quickly may require zhem to have disguises...or do we have access to more teleportation magics for zhe return trip? Zhey may not be in condition to travel far or quickly if a pursuit is expected when zhey miss zheir appointment.

He takes the offered vial and raisin cakes, watching to see if they should be consumed on the spot or saved for later in the trip.

Roland will cast longstrider upon himself once the group is ready to depart.

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

Eliza pulls out a small notebook from her pack and consults it. “Colson’s targets were all powerful Andoren citizens who have been pushing for a new law called, let’s see, the ‘Banking Reform and Regulation Act.’ That law would give banks tremendous power over debtors, including the creation of debtors’ prisons and work camps. Senators Augustyn Naran and Victoria Garvensi were cosponsors of the bill, while Morvius Korkovin stands to profit as a banker, and Sabrine Tularis sees it as a way to get inexpensive labor for her Lumber Consortium. Halmont Warrith
often works for Senator Garvensi and the Lumber Consortium, and Colson seems to have a personal grudge against him.”

She pauses and takes a bite of a raisin cake. “As for why… Colson saw their efforts as yet another step in a series of corruptions within Andoran that could only be excised by rooting them out at their source. Since some of them have slipped through Andoren justice before, Colson evidently felt that the Galtan people would give them a more fair trial.”

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 29/65 | AC: 21 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor, Shield, 6 Images

"No that's not right." announces Nugats to himself. "Roland is from the root Rollau, that means ball or sphere. Maybe. Bah, I'll figure it out."

He brings his attention back from this thoughts of Roland's name to the comely venture captain in front of him. "My aren't you a darling? So these Andorans we are to rescue, what can you tell me about where they are being held? Are there any potential friends of the society that could aid us?" Nugats looks to the others to make sure someone is taking notes.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

"Oh how scandalous the Andorans actually using the law to hold debtor's accountable," exclaims Favian in clearly feigned shock colored with a clear lack of compassion. "Those in power have to execute the laws that hold subjects of the law accountable so why shouldn't they stand to make a bit of profit? Now,to make matters worse, Colson tries to combat what he considers bad law by running to lawlessness."

"Seems to me like Colson's skewed vision of the world has gotten him into trouble again and once more he drags innocents with him. Colson got what he wanted, just not how he wanted it. If I had my way I'd rescue the Andoran citizens he abducted and then find a front row seat to witness Colson's head being taken off by one of those final blades. Who am I kidding? I'd offer to pull the trigger myself. The citizens of Andoran and the Inner Sea at large would fare better if Colson Maldris and his lawlessness were gone for good."

"Now to the matter at hand, Nugats is right. What intel have we gathered so far? What are our assets.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 9.1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 (26 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +7, W: +6 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

Pooka raises an eyebrow at the back and forth. He clearly saw things much differently than some of his fellow agents.

"Read the letter Favian. Colson has an ally in the Eagle Knights, Eylara. We need to find a dive tavern with a bird in the name. Sounds like we might have to try a couple, so you lightweights better be able to handle a drink or two." The halfling says with a bit more gruffness in his voice than he intended.

"I'll say this first, It's not our place to debate the moral results of Colson's actions, or the bankers. But since everyone wants to give their opinion, I'll say that while I might not have done it the same way as Colson, I'd have had the same mind. People in power who can manipulate the laws to push the poor and powerless even further into bondage should be kept in check. If the law can't or won't do it, then someone else has to step up. But like I said, that isn't the point here."

"The real enemy here right now is the Gray Gardeners. Their betrayal and double crossing will launch a war if we don't stop the execution, regardless of how we feel about Colson or the bankers. Rescue the prisoners, including Colson," Pooka makes it abundantly clear about where he stands on that particular issue, "And prevent an international incident that the society might never recover from." Pooka summarizes what is going on the best he can.

"Our first step is to find a dive bar with a bird in the name, and look for Eylara. She is going to be our best chance to find out where to go next, where the prisoners are being kept."

The halfling, seated comfortably on the bench with his feet dangling several inches above the ground, leans forward and puts an elbow on a knee. He sniffs the raisin cake and raises his eyebrows approvingly. "None for you Luna, raisins are bad for your stomach." He takes a big bite of the snack and reaches for a pouch containing treats for his loyal mount and tosses her a few.

"Eliza, what do you know of the Grey Gardeners? Colson must have had a reason to trust them, for them to betray him like this makes me think something else is going on. Someone wants this war to happen, or at the very least, wants to shame the society."

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin of Shelyn 17

Hania shakes her head at Favian. "The only reason law exists, and why law is so important, is that the law protects the weak from the strong. In Andoran, there is a system of law, and Colson did wrong to go outside that system, rather than fix from within the system. It's not like Cheliax, where the laws have gotten so far from their purpose that the system has to be broken."

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

"Laws exist because some people need to be ruled over and some people are destined to rule over them. Nothing more, nothing less."

Favian's world view is similar to the concept of the divine right of kings.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 9.1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 (26 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +7, W: +6 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

Pooka nods his head in general agreement with the Paladin. "So what happens when those who make the law begin to create laws that take advantage of the weak, instead of protect them? Maybe I didn't understand the explanation quite right, but I was certain I heard that these bankers were trying to create laws that allowed those who loaned money to legally turn those who owed money into slaves. I'd bet my next meal that slippery slope is eerily similar to where Cheliax started."

Love the debate - just want to mention that it doesn't need to hold up the adventure.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin of Shelyn 17

"Laws exist to protect the weak. Laws exist to restrain those who are ruling much more that they exist to restrain the ruled over. But in Andoran, everyone has the right to speak about laws. Everyone has the right to petition for rules to be changed. It will take Andoran a long time to fall to the level of Cheliax where people can be considered property. That is the greatest possible violation of the idea of law."

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

"If the gods have decreed it so, who are we to say otherwise?"

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin of Shelyn 17

"I am the hand of the Lady of Grace, acting for her to make law act for the good of the weak. This is how the gods act, and what they decree. How things happen to be is not their decree, it is just the canvas they have to paint on through their servants."

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 66/66 (| Current AC: 21/ 16 Tch/ 17 FF | Current CMB: +5 (+13 rapier/hair), CMD: 20 (hair=28 v grapple, trip) | F: +9, R: +11+1, W: +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +4 Speed 30ft +10 charge, withdraw | Arcane Pool: 5/10 | Inspired Panache: 7/8 | Flight Hex 3/7 | Prehensile Hair 3/7 | Active Conditions: Combat Reflexes, +1Keen (9/10), Flying, Hair active

"I do believe our stalwart friend Pooka has the right of it. The poor and helpless should be protected by the law, and if the law fails, then it's up to us to stop the injustice. Besides, all this infighting amongst the good folk of Andoran allows the Infernal bastards in Chelliax more room to maneuver." You detect a heap load of bitterness and anger when Daru mentions Chelliax, which she quickly attempts to move past out of embarrassment. "But debating the finer points of the law is for another time. The Society asks us to rescue these folks to prevent a war, and regardless of the justness of the law, we must act. Could we have detailed descriptions of each person? Even better, are there any personal details we could use to verify we have the correct prisoners when we make our attempt? And what can you tell us about the Grey Gardeners and the Final Blade?"

Take Ten spellcraft to ID potions=28
Kn-Local: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Sense Motive on Eliza, i.e. is she telling us everything, being honest, etc: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

Eliza allows you all to debate the finer points of the mission but will add in when asked various bits of information.

Nugats wrote:
" So these Andorans we are to rescue, what can you tell me about where they are being held? Are there any potential friends of the society that could aid us?" Nugats looks to the others to make sure someone is taking notes.
Favian wrote:
" What intel have we gathered so far? What are our assets?"
Pooky wrote:
"Eliza, what do you know of the Grey Gardeners? Colson must have had a reason to trust them, for them to betray him like this makes me think something else is going on. Someone wants this war to happen, or at the very least, wants to shame the society."
Daru wrote:
"Could we have detailed descriptions of each person? Even better, are there any personal details we could use to verify we have the correct prisoners when we make our attempt? And what can you tell us about the Grey Gardeners and the Final Blade?"

“The Gray Gardeners are the executioners of the Galtan government. They’re the ones who operate the final blades. They go masked to stay anonymous, so they don’t themselves become victims of Galtan ‘justice.’” Eliza grimaces. “Galt’s finest invention. A final blade is a magical guillotine that captures a person’s soul at the moment of death. Ostensibly they’re meant to prevent Hell and other evil planes from collecting evil souls, but it’s no small coincidence that they also prevent the person executed from being restored to life through divine magic. It’s how the Gray Gardeners ensure that the nobles they target can’t just use their fortunes to avoid justice.”

“Start with Eylara, if you can find her. If you can’t, you’ll have to hit the streets and find out what you can about the Gray Gardeners and their facilities in the city. You’re experienced agents, I’m sure you’ll find avenues to explore once you get there. She and Colson have been associates for a long time. I understand they were both members of the Eagle Knights many years ago. I can’t say whether he trusts her so thoroughly that she was the only one he told about his plan, or if she’s the only bridge he hadn’t burned too badly to talk her into helping him. Either way, she’s in Isarn
and is probably the best place to start your investigations.”

"You will have a ship,” Eliza says firmly. “A Pathfinder by the name of Armeline lives here in Rosehaven. She’s arranged a keelboat and crew to transport you down to Isarn, and she’ll wait with the boat while you head into the city so you can get out of there right away after you complete your mission. Her crew is prepared to take the Andoren citizens to Woodsedge and then all the way downriver to Cassomir, so you’re only responsible for getting them to the boat in Isarn.”

"Moral proclivities of these individuals aside, if the Gray Gardeners execute high-ranking Andoren citizens, they’re going to start a war between Andoren and Galt. More, it gives the Gray Gardeners an opening to continue taking their own form of ‘justice’ into other countries, which could destabilize Taldor and any number of other places. Worse, since it’s one of our own who started this, it would tarnish the Pathfinder Society’s reputation with nearly every organized government in the Inner Sea region. We could lose access to entire nations.”

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

If you've played 9-02 you get everything under knowledge history/local

Know(history/local) DC 10:

Galt has been in a state of constant violent social and political turmoil for over half a century, changing leaders and regimes in an ongoing chaos called the Red Revolution.

Know(history/local) DC 15:

The Gray Gardeners are the justices and executioners for the Galtan People’s Council, responsible for uncovering traitors, noble sympathizers, political enemies, and anyone insufficiently supportive of the latest revolutionary regime.

Know(history/local) DC 20:

Though Isarn is the seat of Galt’s governing body and therefore the nation’s capital, the Gray Gardeners as an organization are based out of the city of Litran some 100 miles upriver (or about 60 miles by land).

Know(history/local) DC 25:

The most famous Gray Gardener in Isarn is a woman known as Citizen Dread, who has an uncanny ability to work a crowd into a bloodthirsty fervor.

Know(history/local) DC 30:

Though most Gray Gardeners remain masked in public and use pseudonyms to hide their identity, a few recent rumors have mentioned a Gray Gardener without a mask: a blond man with a diamond earring and a deep scar on his chin.

Know(Nobility)/Prof(Merchant) DC 10:

Augustyn Naran and Victoria Garvensi are Andoren senators who have held office for far longer than term limits would normally allow.

Know(Nobility)/Prof(Merchant) DC 15:

Senator Naran is an older Andoran politician who helped throw his nation’s support behind Lady Gloriana Morilla’s Army of Exploration during the Society’s fight against the demons of the Worldwound.

Know(Nobility)/Prof(Merchant) DC 20:

Several years ago, Pathfinder agents acting at the direction of Major Colson Maldris arrested Halmont Warrith, but Warrith was released from prison shortly thereafter when a key witness in his trial suspiciously retracted his testimony.

Know(Nobility)/Prof(Merchant) DC 25:

Though many nobles lost much wealth in Andoran’s bid for independence, several elite nonetheless maintained the acumen, connections, and capital to remain an influential force in politics and the economy. An especially stubborn, secret group known as The Seven Houses consists entirely of former nobles and their bitter descendants, using their resources to direct Andoren commerce and politics while maintaining the guises of honest folk.

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

Descriptions of the individuals.

Halmont Warrith (5-99 The Paths We Choose) Picture of Halmont

Senator Augustn Naran (5-99 The Paths We Choose, #5-03 The Hellknight's Feast) Senator Augustyn is a prominent member of a banking family and travels to Absalom to see and be seen when not needed in Almas. He is an obese man in his late sixties, and constantly sweats in Absalom’s midday heat. This makes him quite irritable and open to taking out his frustration on easy targets.

The rest have not come into notice of the Pathfinder socierty outside of the Andoran area for us to have a good look at them for a description regretfully. Victoria Garvensi, Morvius Korkovin, Sabrine Tularis

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

Trained in 3 knowledges, but those aren't it.

Kn. History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Kn. Nobility: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"I don't know much about Andoran politics, but those names, Augustyn Naran and Victoria Garvensi have been around in social circles as far back as I can recall. Doesn't Andoran have limits on terms in office for its senators?"

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 9.1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 (26 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +7, W: +6 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

Pooka nods to Daru, glad he isn't the only one who feels the way he feels. He is further emboldened by the tiefling's obvious disdain for Cheliax, a country that Pooka has no love for either.

"Well a boat doesn't sound fun," Pooka says, looking down at his heavy armor, "But better than walking. Time is of the essence."

Don't have any of those knowledges either... bummer.

"So the Grey Gardeners are our biggest threat. There is something behind their desire to execute these prisoners. Finding out what that is may help us to understand the machinations behind why Colson was betrayed, but is secondary to rescuing the prisoners. I hope we are able to meet up with Eylara, I feel certain she will be able to help us get a much better feel for the situation before we barge in to far."

Pooka snaps his fingers and Luna is by his side in the blink of an eye. He rummages through her saddlebags and double checks his own gear. Content he is ready to go, he waits patiently to see if anyone else has anything to ask, or offer before leading the way to the docks.

I can't think of any more questions, and I don't have the knowledges necessary. Pooka is ready to go, but please don't let that stop the discussion or info gathering if anyone still has anything to offer.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin of Shelyn 17

kn. nobility: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 29/65 | AC: 21 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor, Shield, 6 Images

Kn local: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Kn nobility: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female HP: 66/66 (| Current AC: 21/ 16 Tch/ 17 FF | Current CMB: +5 (+13 rapier/hair), CMD: 20 (hair=28 v grapple, trip) | F: +9, R: +11+1, W: +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +4 Speed 30ft +10 charge, withdraw | Arcane Pool: 5/10 | Inspired Panache: 7/8 | Flight Hex 3/7 | Prehensile Hair 3/7 | Active Conditions: Combat Reflexes, +1Keen (9/10), Flying, Hair active

Kn Nobility: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Daru expounds at length about everything she knows regarding the current situation.
. Galt has been in a state of constant violent social and political turmoil for over half a century, changing leaders and regimes in an ongoing chaos called the Red Revolution.
. The Gray Gardeners are the justices and executioners for the Galtan People’s Council, responsible for uncovering traitors, noble sympathizers, political enemies, and anyone insufficiently supportive of the latest revolutionary regime.
. Though Isarn is the seat of Galt’s governing body and therefore the nation’s capital, the Gray Gardeners as an organization are based out of the city of Litran some 100 miles upriver (or about 60 miles by land).
. The most famous Gray Gardener in Isarn is a woman known as Citizen Dread, who has an uncanny ability to work a crowd into a bloodthirsty fervor.
. Though most Gray Gardeners remain masked in public and use pseudonyms to hide their identity, a few recent rumors have mentioned a Gray Gardener without a mask: a blond man with a diamond earring and a deep scar on his chin.

Augustyn Naran and Victoria Garvensi are Andoren senators who have held office for far longer than term limits would normally allow.
. Senator Naran is an older Andoran politician who helped throw his nation’s support behind Lady Gloriana Morilla’s Army of Exploration during the Society’s fight against the demons of the Worldwound.
. Several years ago, Pathfinder agents acting at the direction of Major Colson Maldris arrested Halmont Warrith, but Warrith was released from prison shortly thereafter when a key witness in his trial suspiciously retracted his testimony.

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 29/65 | AC: 21 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor, Shield, 6 Images

Nugats harrumphs loudly. "Imaginary lines on a map, still customs by primitive peoples, the ceaseless need for others to agree with you, foolishness I say. But I care deeply for the good of the Society, so I will, as always, give this my all no matter how I feel about your moralities, politics, and law-abiding-never-do-bad attitudes.

"To recap, we take a boat to a tavern named after a bird, find a friend of a silly pathfinder, spring him and his kidnapped nobles from sure soulless eternity, then get out of Galt. Sounds so simple, whatever could go wrong?"

Nugats immediately opens his spell book, searching for magics to help him out in this mission of subterfuge. He cocks an eye at Daru. "Impressive. You travel to Galt often?"

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

If you all have no other questions for her the venture-captain stands up and starts to walk along a path in the village towards the river. "I don't think I need to remind you that time is of the essence here, but also you might not be aware is that the Pathfinder Society is not welcome with open arms in most of Galt, openly identifying yourselves as such could cause other issues than attempting to keep this operation discreet."

You do have ability to make any last minute purchases among the shops here at the docks. I realize I forgot to mention it, there is no 'description' of the potions from before, but as you won't be suffering fatigue in this unless it comes up for other reasons, there is no mechanics for it, but it will help you stay up till dawn and perhaps beyond.

As you approach the docks a half-elf waves from a sleek keel-boat with sails as well as oar ports. It appears that it is ready to move off at a moments notice with a half-dozen sailors at the ready. "Hi there, Armeline by name. We should be able to get you down at least in some ready time." If you have played #8-06 Reaping What We Sow, she will recognize you as you board the ship.

As you step on board, Eliza will hand you each a potion of lesser restoration, including one Luna, Desmond, and any other's that Eliza's sharp notices picked up and your GM might have missed.

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

This is going to be a bit of a weird part for how this plays out for PbP. There are multiple avenues for you to investigate, and you don't have to all do the same ones. Grouping up does increase success, but then limits the options that you can reach.

The journey from Rosehaven to Isran takes several hours, but maneuvers itself into a empty slip in Isern's docks around midnight.

"We'll be right here and ready to sail as soon as you are all back."Armeline notes as you disembark onto the docks.

At the moment you have the option of Finding Eylara, and Canvassing the Town, if you want to discuss and then let me know who's going where.

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 76/87 | AC: 38 (29 T, 23 F) | CMD: 38 | F: 13, R: 15, W: 10 | Init: 18 | Perc: 13 | Speed 60, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 5/14 | Lesser Extend Rod 0/3 | Pearl I 0/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Ablative Barrier 20/50 | Mythic Power 0/2

We would be best served chasing our contact. I find they tend to disappear if left on their own for too long.

Before they arrive, Favian will cast ablative barrier and then attempt to use a wand of mage armor on himself.

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 9.1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 (26 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +7, W: +6 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

"Let's go Luna." Pooka clicks his tongue to call his loyal mount to his side as he disembarks from the ship. He keeps the restoration potion tucked safely in his bandoliers, grateful to the venture captain for her thoughtfulness in including Luna.

"Thanks for the ride Armeline. We will do our best to make sure we don't keep you waiting for too long." Pooka smiles back at the captain.

"Well I am guessing this ornate banner of the society is not something I should be waving around." the halfling says, unclipping the exquisite banner from his lance. He replaces it with a simpler, and much less recognizable banner that holds his family's coat of arms.

That complete, Pooka puts a foot into one of the stirrups hanging from Luna's side and swings himself up into the saddle. "Normally I loathe to split the party, but it seems best that we try to canvass this area as quickly as we can, and find Eylara. The sooner we find Eylara the better, but we still need to gather our own intel, if at least to confirm what she tells us if possible. I'm well suited to either task, so I'll volunteer to start canvassing the town. People seem to be much more eager to talk when they are petting a dog for some reason."

Pooka will still canvassing the town, will travel with whomever. I do think we should split the party... *gasp!* At least this time.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin of Shelyn 17

"Is the Lady Shelyn respected around here? I would rather not tuck my holy symbol into my clothing, but I can if doing otherwise would create problems for the team."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-12 (Div Tracker) AC23/T16/F18/CMD21 |HP 112/112| Fort:+14;Ref:+17 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+23| Init.+7 | { } {Blessings 0/9, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

Roland has no problem hiding his Wayfinder for the time.

Zhis I can hide, but if it gets too dark, zhe light I will need

He stows the potion and hefts his bow.

I am ready and willing to travel with anyone. I am not zhe best at conversation or disguises, but I can stay to zhe shadows somewhat.

He looks around to see if anyone is watching as they disembark.

perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 29/65 | AC: 21 (13 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor, Shield, 6 Images

Before boarding the boat, Nugats buys a scroll of Alter Self that he copies into his spellbook during the voyage.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31

Once he emerges back onto the deck, he inspects everything he can on the keelboat. For the first few minutes, he shadows Armeline until she shoos his off. They he finds the nearest sailor and peppers him/her with questions, "Why did you use a loop-hitch knot there instead of a twisted-cinch?"

At the end of his voyage, it is difficult to ascertain who is happier, Nugats once again on dry ground, or the crew to be rid of the inquisitive gnome.

"Well I make friends as easily a finding a handful of sand in Osirion. I'll tag along Pooka. Lead the way my friend."

Liberty's Edge

Female Bonded Mount - Dog | HP: 52/59 | AC: 24 (14 Tch, 20 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 (+4 vs Enchant) | Init: +3 w/ Pooka | Perc: +7 | Speed 40ft | Tricks: Attack, Combat Riding, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, Heel, Seek, Track, Fetch | Active conditions: Prayer

Mmmm, I think docks are my favorite. So many smells. Fish is a good smell, but maybe not so good to eat. Why do they have to hide so many bones in there?

I like this little guy. Little like Pooka. He asks questions like I smell smells. How will you know if you don't smell? His nose must not be good like mine. My kind have the best noses, it's a shame Pooka's is so tiny.

Oh good. Lady with armor like Pooka who smells like flowers is coming. Pooka said her name is Hania? I'll try to remember that. Probably already forgot though. Little guy is coming too. Nugats. Crap, already forgot that too.

Awww, not everyone is coming. Less hands for pats and scritches. Maybe later."

Luna lets out a playful bark as she watches some of her newest companions walk away, her tail wagging lightly underneath her chain barding.

So Hania, Nugats and Pooka will go canvas the locals, while Favian, Daru and Roland try to find the tavern and Eylara? Seems like a good split to me.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin of Shelyn 17

Hania sees if Luna likes scratches behind the ears.

1 to 50 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / 9-20 Fury of the Final Blade (Kyten) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.