[GM Striker's The Ruins of Azlant] Table 2

Game Master JankInTheTank

Maps and stats
Loot Tracker
Handout 1
Colonists


1,901 to 1,923 of 1,923 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Male dwarf Cleric 4 31hp, saves 7/2/8 AC 19/10/19

Kragg nods safely at the advice about investigating the hag. Your advice is soundand we will look into it more. However it seems that the hag is on part of the island more distant than some other areas that we have investigated. She will need to be dealt with at some point but right now we have been busy making alliances with others, searching for missing fishermen, tracking down chupacabras,and trying to keep the settlement safe. Perhaps soon the wall will be finished and then some of the safety concerns will be addresssed and those building the wall can go on protection detail while others fish and harvest resources. Then we will be free to tackle the larger problems hag and anything else that comes our way.

Once we are ready to head out again thuogh i would like to visit our allies the Strix and take you with to investigate the monolith. We can get you access and solidify our peace and trade agreement st the same time.

Pausing in his conversation with Carver he fills Alyn and Lolito in on everything that has happened so far with their new allies and what requests have been made to them by others in the Bounty. if you would like to join us come along. Once we talk to Medrinnah and Kereda of course.


AC:20 T:11 F:19| HP 40/40 | CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 | Init:+1| Perc: +12 | Trick AC:17 T:11 F:16| HP 28/28 | CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+1| Perc: +12 | Satchel (No)

"Thank you. You are an excellent story teller. Must be why you are a successful bar own. It seem that balancing the tasks of securing the colony are quite difficult. I'm happy to help any way I can. Just point me at a problem."


Human Wizard (Illusionist) 4 | HP 21/22 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | F +2 R +3 W +4 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +0

Thame listened along as Kragg filled in Carver on their recent dealings, the wizard himself also wanting to explore the laboratory further once it had for sure been cleansed of its undead occupation. Such luxuries would have to wait, it seemed.

Glad to have along more help for their immediate tasks, the wizard spoke to the group at large. "Kareda's story in particular sounds interesting, given our recent knowledge. Let's talk to him first and see what happened. Perhaps he'll be able to offer some insight into our...'guests'."


AC:20 T:11 F:19| HP 40/40 | CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 | Init:+1| Perc: +12 | Trick AC:17 T:11 F:16| HP 28/28 | CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+1| Perc: +12 | Satchel (No)

"Well it sounds like you have a good plan. Who knew there was so much going on in this place."

Alyn sits in bewilderment.


Male dwarf Cleric 4 31hp, saves 7/2/8 AC 19/10/19

Kragg follows the others from Carver's house and heads to Kareda's. Alyn, Lolito, I don't know exactly what is going on but please come along and help out. Anything that you might find suspicious with an outsiders point of view might be helpful as well. Sometimes if you are too close to the situation you are blinding by thoughts and perceptions of prior experiences.


Ruins of Azlant Maps and Info

the group makes their way to Kareda's. he has taken residence of one of the small farms on the edge of town. as you approach you hear a male voice call out from inside

Go away! stop stalking me! next time you come by you won't get a warning! I have a brand new crossbow in here with your name on it!

you see a face pop up in one of the windows. when he sees who you are he appologizes profusely.

I am so sorry. I didn't see who you were at first. of course i wasn't yelling at you lot. my nerves are a bit... frayed. someone tried to kidnap me! just last night I was alseep with my door barred when two people crept in my window and tried to drag me away. they had bags over their faces, so i don't know who they were. I broke their grip and ran, yelling for the guards. when they heard people coming the kidnappers ran off. now I have to keep a weapon nearby in case they try again! I don't know who it was, but i suspect it might have been one of those fish-folk. or maybe a strix. i always said they couldn't be trusted!


HP 36/36 AC 19 TAC 18 FF 16 | CMD 25 (27 vs grapple) | F +7 R +7 W +6 (evasion, +2 vs enchantments, dragon style: +2 vs sleep, paralysis and stunning) | Ki: 6/6 SF: 4/4 (DC 15) | Ini: +2 | Senses: +9 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+9/+13,Climb+8,C.carpentry+4,Esc.Art+2,Diplomacy-1,Intimidate+3,H .animal+0,Heal+3,K.history+7,K.nature+5,K.religion+4,P.Oratory+3,SenseMotiv es+3,SoH+3,Stealth+7,Survival+8,Swim+9
Wandering Elder Monk (unchained) 4 | -

Lolito is happy to accept Kragg's invitation "More eyes can see perhaps more or in new ways..."

-------------

"Interesting..." the elder stretches his eyes as he scrutinizes from close the man "And how is it a single person managed to escape two assailants in the night while he was taken by surprise in a closed space?" he goes as far as to touch his cheeks with his finger.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Lolito searches around the house for hints of a fight or of two people break in and if he founds nothing, he tries to remember or figure out any reason for Kareda to make up this story.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Survival (any tracks?): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

"Why do you think it was a fish-folk or a strix? Do you have any injuries or proof that might lead us to them?" the man inquiries.

If nothing conclusive arises we probably want to move on to Medrinnah immediately


AC:20 T:11 F:19| HP 40/40 | CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 | Init:+1| Perc: +12 | Trick AC:17 T:11 F:16| HP 28/28 | CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+1| Perc: +12 | Satchel (No)

Not being the best with people Alyn lets the other take care of this social situation.


Male dwarf Cleric 4 31hp, saves 7/2/8 AC 19/10/19

Kragg looks at the others when Kareda mentions 2 assailants with bags over their heads. Dont worry Kareda we are listening and believe what you are saying. Can you show us where you were attacked so we may look for clues? Perhaps we can identify who this is, or what is attacking you so we can protect you better.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Turning to Thame he asks, Are you able to ward his house with a spell to alert us if anyone but him enters? alarm spell?


Female Human (Taldan) Bard 4 (archaeologist) Portrait

"Can you describe your attackers? Height, weight, race? Did they say anything?" Lara chimes in.


Ruins of Azlant Maps and Info

I was grabbed in my bedroom, over here. I was dragged towards the door, but they lost their grip on me when I got hold of a doorframe and twisted around. I slipped out the back door and ran for it.

I did not see their faces as they had bags on their heads. it was also dark... they were kind of big, but not real big. I'm guessing men? but how can one tell with a non-human? i suppose they could have been women.

sense motive DC 15:

he seems like he just doesn't trust the non human races and is quick to blame them, but you get the idea he really has no idea who grabbed him and is blaming those he doesn't like.

Lolito:

you do not spot any tracks that stand out. there are plenty of tracks around the house, but most of them could be from the farmer himself. its hard to tell.

you feel like he might be lying as it sounds odd, but you can't figure out what part seems odd.


Female Human (Taldan) Bard 4 (archaeologist) Portrait

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Lara rather credulously believes the man. "What makes you think they weren't human?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Wizard (Illusionist) 4 | HP 21/22 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | F +2 R +3 W +4 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +0

Thame's eyes widened as the man leveled the crossbow at them, only to relax again as recognition came over Kareda's face and he allowed them entry. The wizard listened to the man's tale skeptically, agreeing fully with Lolito's pointed questions.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 8

However, after listening to the replies, the scholar concluded the man was just scared and casting blame about without reason. It seemed to be another strange occurrence, though with these creatures about it struck the wizard as likely that they were responsible.

Responding to Kragg's question, Thame thought for a moment, then replied, "Oh yes, of course."

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

SM DC26:
He doesn't.

The wizard then spent a minute or so near the doorway, blathering out arcane syllables and whatnot and sprinkling a bit of dust over the threshold before nodding in satisfaction.


AC:20 T:11 F:19| HP 40/40 | CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 | Init:+1| Perc: +12 | Trick AC:17 T:11 F:16| HP 28/28 | CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+1| Perc: +12 | Satchel (No)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Ruins of Azlant Maps and Info

in response to Lara's question the man says "I know most everyone in this colony. good folk mostly. I'm a likable person and have not upset any of the other colonists as far as I know. but can we say the same about the weird occupants of this island? fish people! bird people! how do we know they are friendly?! besides, if one of the colonists kidnapped me, where exactly would they take me? it's not like there are many places to hide in a small town that has just been build from nothing. no it has to have been one of those monstrous races taking me back to their lair. probably to eat me.

and as crazy as that might sound, you all definitely believe him and take him at his word. maybe the Locathah and the Strix are behind this?

he watches Thame with great interest but obviously zero undertsanding of magic and thanks you profusely for setting up the protective spell.

How will it work? will there be a sound if someone walks in? or will it tell you that i am in danger so you can save me? thank you so much for taking the time to help me. please, take this in thanks
he gives you a loaf of fresh bread and some cheese that is obviously homemade with pride.

do you continue chatting with this man or do you move on?


Male dwarf Cleric 4 31hp, saves 7/2/8 AC 19/10/19

Sense motive on Thame 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Sense motive on Kareda 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Something was up with the man but Kragg did not a good enough grasp on it to know what to push for. Instead he gives some word of wisdom to the man. Be careful with any accusations as we never know what the ramifications of such actions may be. We have met with the Locathah and the Stryx and have found them to be races just like us, some good some evil. Do not judge a whole race on misconceptions created by a few.


HP 36/36 AC 19 TAC 18 FF 16 | CMD 25 (27 vs grapple) | F +7 R +7 W +6 (evasion, +2 vs enchantments, dragon style: +2 vs sleep, paralysis and stunning) | Ki: 6/6 SF: 4/4 (DC 15) | Ini: +2 | Senses: +9 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+9/+13,Climb+8,C.carpentry+4,Esc.Art+2,Diplomacy-1,Intimidate+3,H .animal+0,Heal+3,K.history+7,K.nature+5,K.religion+4,P.Oratory+3,SenseMotiv es+3,SoH+3,Stealth+7,Survival+8,Swim+9
Wandering Elder Monk (unchained) 4 | -

Lolito nods agreeing with Kragg "There is more in anyone than what you can see by looking at the skin and heritage line"

Sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
The man observes Thame gestures with interest and nods once it feels relieved the group will have an alert if something happens "Now that the house is secured we probably want to move on. There is other stuff to attend at the colony, but let's see us soon Kareda."

Once the group gets far from Kareda's house, Lolito explains what he has observed "There are no tracks that stand out, only from the farmer himself. Its hard to tell. His story sounds odd to me, I feel like he might be lying... Perhaps he is one of the stalkers and he is trying to direct the colony to fight the Strix?"

"Why don't we go talk with Medrinnah next? We then can prepare to explore the hag's home..." Lolito seems specially interested about the hag.


AC:20 T:11 F:19| HP 40/40 | CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 | Init:+1| Perc: +12 | Trick AC:17 T:11 F:16| HP 28/28 | CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+1| Perc: +12 | Satchel (No)

Alyn's eyebrows raise every time leaving, exploring or the hag come up in conversation. But not wanting to seem over eager he just nods and follow the group, Trick in tow.


Human Wizard (Illusionist) 4 | HP 21/22 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | F +2 R +3 W +4 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +0

Thame inwardly sighed as Kareda asked how the spell worked, making a note to visit the place occasionally to keep an eye on the man. While the wizard was rather selfish, he had backed himself into a corner by not just admitting he didn't know the magic Kragg had asked about. "Oh yes, I'll know if anything crosses the threshold."

The wizard is all too eager to accept the foodstuffs and leave soon after. Thame thought over the man's words after the group had left, shaking his head. "I don't know...the birdmen and fishmen seemed honorable enough to me. Lolito's suggestion about the stalkers creating strife seems more likely, since we know there are some around. What are they up to, do you think?"

Anxious to keep moving and perhaps start drawing some more concrete conclusions, Thame went with the others to visit Medrinnah and see what was going on with that situation.


Ruins of Azlant Maps and Info

The group moves on from visiting the farm, and takes the short walk to the main colony. they are given warm greetings by most of the colonists, as by this point it is well known what this group has been doing to establish and protect the colony.

you arrive at the house of Medrinnah and find the door closed. if you knowck, you hear a woman's voice call out "who is it?


AC:20 T:11 F:19| HP 40/40 | CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+5 | Init:+1| Perc: +12 | Trick AC:17 T:11 F:16| HP 28/28 | CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+1| Perc: +12 | Satchel (No)

"Just some friendly folks that want to have a quick chat."


Ruins of Azlant Maps and Info

a woman opens the door and looks out at the group in front of her door. she stays in her doorway and asks
"what can I help you with?


Male dwarf Cleric 4 31hp, saves 7/2/8 AC 19/10/19

Kragg casts guidance upon himself as they bear the young woman’s house. Along the way he returns the hellos and amicably tries to hurry people along so they can be about their business. Once there Kragg nods to the woman opening the door. Hello ma’am. Kragg at your service. We heard that Medrinnah lives here and would like to speak with her please.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

1,901 to 1,923 of 1,923 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GM Striker's The Ruins of Azlant] Table 2 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.