GM Slothsy's Second Darkness

Game Master Slothsy

Celwynvian BP: 3


301 to 350 of 480 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human | AC 17 T 15 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 20 | F: +7 R: +11, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +7

Resist Energy will give us fire protection 10 for a half hour at 300gp. That should be sufficient I think. We can pay for them out of group funds if everyone is in agreement. The next step up is protection and that's 750gp a pop - too rich for us just now I think.

Aishe heads to the quartermaster's area and looks for a half elf. He approaches the man and says, "Are you Jasper? We were told you were the man to see about stuff. We have some things to sell, and some things to buy. Can you handle all that for us?"

He smiles hoping the man is reasonable.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 (really?)

He lets out a thunderous belch in the middle of his spiel. Quite thick and odorous.


The Armageddon Echo

You can access spellcasting services for those sort of things back at base camp. For example, if you all wanted to pool for a communal protection from energy, it would cost 360 gp as a group, give you protection from energy 108 points each, and last for 18 minutes each... come to think of it, that doesn't really work because you have to walk quite a bit and it sounds like you'll be going slowly because of sneaking. If you want to just buy a basic protection from energy each, it would 50 points, last 50 minutes, and cost 150 gp each.


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +5 | Perc: +5 | Stealth: +4 (+3) | Speed: 25 ft. (20 ft.) | Infused Reagents: 4/5 | Active Conditions: Clumsy 2, Encumbered

That might actually be the best plan then if we don't want to use our own magical resources.


Male Human | AC 17 T 15 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 20 | F: +7 R: +11, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +7

If 50 minutes is enough to get us there - that's our best bet overall! Does everyone agree? We can take it out of group funds. Let me know and I'll do a divvy as well for a few gold.


The Armageddon Echo

That sounds right to me! I'll post the intro to the next section tomorrow.

-Posted with Wayfinder


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +5 | Perc: +5 | Stealth: +4 (+3) | Speed: 25 ft. (20 ft.) | Infused Reagents: 4/5 | Active Conditions: Clumsy 2, Encumbered

Sounds like a plan to me! :)


Male Human | AC 17 T 15 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 20 | F: +7 R: +11, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +7

Status:
HP: 53/55 AC: 21 (f15/t16)
Conditions = Prot from Fire (50hp, 1/50m)
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 20/20
Acid Bolts = 5/5
Fire Bolts = 5/5
+1, Frost, Bolts = 10/10
+1 Bolts = 10/10
Ghost Salt, Cold iron Bolts = 10/10
Ranged: Attack: BAB +7/2, Dex +6, Magic +2, Weapon Focus +1, (Rapid Shot -2), (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +6, Magic +2, (Deadly Aim +4)
Melee: Attack: BAB +7/2, Str +0 Damage: +0
Grit = 3/4
Ranger Focus = (+2) 0/1
Quick Runner’s Shirt = 1/1
Spells (caster level 1, concentration +2, DC 11+)
At Will: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic
1/day: Detect Secret Doors, True Strike

Aishe sells some drow equipment to the trader, and arranges fort he castings of the spells just when they're ready to go.

He distributes the rest of the cash to the party.

Party Divvy: 360gp to each member of the party after the spells are paid for. Not much, but it'll pay the rent as they say. Treasure sheet.

When they're ready to go, he has his crossbow out and quarrel loaded. He nods to the casters and then hustles through the forest to their next targeted site, knowing they'll have to hurry to keep their protections intact.


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +5 | Perc: +5 | Stealth: +4 (+3) | Speed: 25 ft. (20 ft.) | Infused Reagents: 4/5 | Active Conditions: Clumsy 2, Encumbered

Once their trading and selling is taken care of, Gillian follows behind Aishe towards their next strike location. She tries to take care to move quietly as they go...

Stealth: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (13) - 4 = 9

...with about as much success as usual.

Damned armor...I wonder if the elves have anything that might help with this? A good question to ask, should we live to return...


The Armageddon Echo

The dome appears to have only one visible entrance, but this approach is blocked by rubble and ponds of alchemical waste.

Map is updated! What are you doing?

If You Step in the Waste:
This sticky and mildly acidic waste clings to your shoes. Each step squelches and pops. [ooc]You need 15 feet of movement to travel 5 feet. Each 5 feet you move causes one point of acid damage. In addition, you must make a DC 15 Fort save or be sicked while you are in the acidic waste.

Perception DC 24:
Hiding in one of the ruins is a horrific creature that seems to be the body of a drow emerging from a gigantic spider.

GM Screen:
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


Male Human | AC 17 T 15 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 20 | F: +7 R: +11, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +7

”I don’t think there’s a spell to protect us against alchemical waste… but there should be.” Aishe grimaces.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Aishe moves up to the edge of the muck and sees if he can peer into the near tower. He waits for the front line to proceed, then he'll follow...


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +5 | Perc: +5 | Stealth: +4 (+3) | Speed: 25 ft. (20 ft.) | Infused Reagents: 4/5 | Active Conditions: Clumsy 2, Encumbered

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"Lovely," Gillian grimaces as she looks at the pools of sludge. "While I have means to carry myself over the waste, I'm afraid that I can't do the same for anyone else," she sighs. "Not to mention I'm worried that doing such might attract more attention then we need or want at the moment. Still...it is an option, if we need it for scouting purposes and are willing to risk it."
______

Gillian can use her Wings of Fire revelation to get around some of the environmental hazards and/or have a look around but she sadly doesn't have anything to help anyone else avoid the waste.


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50 | sick

Likewise Orthrus moves around the structures to see what he can see, (using detect magic) before trying to cross.

In particular he studies the moat, and the area around the entryway to the northern building. Moved.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 46/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

Nel wrinkles her nose at the smell of the run-off. "Well isn't this ju-" Shooting her hand up, Nel pulls out her bow, aiming it at a part of the ruins. "Be on your toes. We are not alone." Letting loose an arrow, it sails through the air, clattering nosily against the structure.

Pereception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

Making sure to pick up a potion of protection from energy, he joins the rest on their march through the city to the building. Coming onto the building and pools of acid, he wrinkles his nose, looking around the area.

"What caused all this? I can't imagine acid just appears from the ground."

Poking the acid with a stick, he hears Nel exclaim that they are not alone and looks around, trying to find the foe.

I cant make a DC 25 Perception so I will wait to see it when I can lol


The Armageddon Echo

As Nel's arrow flies through the air, an arrow comes from the inside of one of the ruined towers. As your eyes follow the arrow, the source is revealed: a horrific half-spider, half-drow scurries on the other side of the wall.

The return arrow flies true and hits a weak spot in Nel's armor. The arrow sticks into her flesh dealing 7 points of damage.

Knowledge Dungeoneering DC 22:
This is a drider, a horrific creature made by warping a normal drow into taking on characteristics of a spider.

Nel and the returning attack were both part of a surprise round.

Dangerous Ruins - Round 1

Gillian, Aishe, Tamiro - Let's Go!
Enemy
Nel, Orthrus

Init Rolls:
Gillian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Aishe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Nel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Tamiro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Orthrus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Longbow 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Longbow 1Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +5 | Perc: +5 | Stealth: +4 (+3) | Speed: 25 ft. (20 ft.) | Infused Reagents: 4/5 | Active Conditions: Clumsy 2, Encumbered

"Ah well, may as well take care of this now instead of having it catch us at a worse position later on," Gillian huffs as she moves closer to the ruined tower and calls upon a little divine aid for herself and her companions.
______

Gillian moves to her current position and casts Prayer, which should get everyone except maybe Orthrus.


Male Human | AC 17 T 15 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 20 | F: +7 R: +11, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +7

Round: 1, Initiative: 15

Status:
HP: 53/55 AC: 21 (f15/t16)
Conditions = Prot from Fire (50hp, ??/50m)
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 17/20
Acid Bolts = 5/5
Fire Bolts = 5/5
+1, Frost, Bolts = 10/10
+1 Bolts = 10/10
Ghost Salt, Cold iron Bolts = 10/10
Ranged: Attack: BAB +7/2, Dex +6, Magic +2, Weapon Focus +1, (Rapid Shot -2), (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +6, Magic +2, (Deadly Aim +4)
Melee: Attack: BAB +7/2, Str +0 Damage: +0
Grit = 3/4
Ranger Focus = (+2) 0/1
Quick Runner’s Shirt = 1/1
Spells (caster level 1, concentration +2, DC 11+)
At Will: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic
1/day: Detect Secret Doors, True Strike

Aishe takes a 5’ step back and shoots repeatedly at the monstrosity before him - half in a panic. ”What the hell is that?!” he shouts, forgetting that being sneaky is better than being loud.

Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 1 = 24 (prayer) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 1 = 15 (prayer)
Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 1 = 17 (prayer) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 19 (prayer)
Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21 (prayer) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 1 = 15 (prayer)

I don't think there's cover the way it looks on the map, but I dunno how large the hole is vertically. If there is cover, please apply the appropriate penalties.


Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

"What an ugly beast..." Tamiro yells.

Bringing both his blades up he takes a defensive stance and waits to see if the thing comes at them.

Will go Full Defense for AC 25 for now. Wanting to see if it rushes us or stays at range.

Liberty's Edge

Second Darkness Caffeine-Tainted Human Occultist (Tome Eater) 2

The site is up for once!

Dangerous Ruins - Round 1/2

Gillian, Aishe, Tamiro
Enemy
Nel, Orthrus

Aishe's first and final arrows hit the creature before it's able to weave away from it. The second arrow hits the creature but bounces off its chitin.

The creature crawls around the walls of the ruins. It glares, and a line of electricity spews forth from its mouth. It blasts through Aishe and Nel, leaving behind static and dry air and dealing 6d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 6, 5, 4, 1) = 24 points of electricty damage (Reflex DC 16 halves).


Male Human | AC 17 T 15 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 20 | F: +7 R: +11, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +7

Round: 2, Initiative: 15

Status:
HP: 41/55 AC: 21 (f15/t16)
Conditions = Prot from Fire (50hp, ??/50m)
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 14/20
Acid Bolts = 5/5
Fire Bolts = 5/5
+1, Frost, Bolts = 10/10
+1 Bolts = 10/10
Ghost Salt, Cold iron Bolts = 10/10
Ranged: Attack: BAB +7/2, Dex +6, Magic +2, Weapon Focus +1, (Rapid Shot -2), (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +6, Magic +2, (Deadly Aim +4)
Melee: Attack: BAB +7/2, Str +0 Damage: +0
Grit = 3/4
Ranger Focus = (+2) 0/1
Quick Runner’s Shirt = 1/1
Spells (caster level 1, concentration +2, DC 11+)
At Will: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic
1/day: Detect Secret Doors, True Strike

Reflex: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 vs DC 16 for 24 or 12 electricity damage

Aishe holds his ground and shoots repeatedly at the monstrosity before him, though his fear is subsiding a little as he dodges the worst of the blast.

Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 30 (prayer) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 = 16 (prayer)
Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 1 = 24 (prayer) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 19 (prayer)
Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18 (prayer) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 1 = 17 (prayer)


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 46/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

Round 1: Init: 8

Nel releases a hiss of pain as an arrow finds a gap in her armor. Before she can follow up on a second attack against the abomination, Nel takes the full force of electricity. Gritting her teeth in pain, She lets loose two arrows, trying to return the favor. "What is that thing?! And why can it vomit lightning?!" she shouts out, clearly unnerved by the creature's mandibles.

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10
Attack 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


The Armageddon Echo

Dangerous Ruins - Round 1/2

Gillian, Aishe, Tamiro
Enemy
Nel, Orthrus

The majority of Nel and Aishe's arrows pepper the creatures (with one of Nel's shots and one of Aishe's shots missing). It hisses in obvious pain.


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +5 | Perc: +5 | Stealth: +4 (+3) | Speed: 25 ft. (20 ft.) | Infused Reagents: 4/5 | Active Conditions: Clumsy 2, Encumbered

Round 2, Init 18

As the spider-drow vomits electricity from its mouth, Gillian finds herself thankful that she had opted to spread out a bit from the rest of her companions - doubly so due to her metal armor!

"I haven't the foggiest," she admits. "But your arrows seem to be hurting it so keep it up!"

I wonder if fire will be effective?

With only one way to find out, the half-elf steels herself and moves forward to close the distance between herself and her target. Then she raises her hands and begins chanting - suddenly a fan of flames erupts from her fingertips and envelops the spider-drow!

Spell Resistance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Burning Hands: 5d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 3, 4) = 15
______

Gillian moves to her current position and casts Burning Hands. It might be effective? DC 15 Reflex save for half damage!


The Armageddon Echo

Dangerous Ruins - Round 1/2

Gillian, Aishe, Tamiro
Enemy
Nel, Orthrus

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

The creature manages to avoid the worst of the blast, but it appears to be barely hanging on to the side of the building. It's burnt and peppered with bolts, including one that continues to stick out of its torso.


Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

"Nani?! Lighting??? Why??" Tamiro asks, flabbergasted.

Running up to it, Tamiro takes a defensive posture again, taunting the creature, "Come at me lightning spewing, spider demon....thing...what are you?!"

Cant charge through my friends so double move up to it, AC is back to normal!


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50 | sick

Orthrus double moves back keeping under cover.


The Armageddon Echo

Dangerous Ruins - Round 2/3

Gillian, Aishe, Tamiro
Enemy
Nel, Orthrus

With a loud pop, the creature disappears.

Spellcraft DC 17:
It cast invisibility

You're still in initiative for now.


Male Human | AC 17 T 15 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 20 | F: +7 R: +11, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +7

Status:
HP: 53/55 AC: 21 (f15/t16)
Conditions = Prot from Fire (50hp, ??/50m)
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 13/20
Acid Bolts = 5/5
Fire Bolts = 5/5
+1, Frost, Bolts = 10/10
+1 Bolts = 10/10
Ghost Salt, Cold iron Bolts = 10/10
Ranged: Attack: BAB +7/2, Dex +6, Magic +2, Weapon Focus +1, (Rapid Shot -2), (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +6, Magic +2, (Deadly Aim +4)
Melee: Attack: BAB +7/2, Str +0 Damage: +0
Grit = 3/4
Ranger Focus = (+2) 0/1
Quick Runner’s Shirt = 1/1
Spells (caster level 1, concentration +2, DC 11+)
At Will: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic
1/day: Detect Secret Doors, True Strike

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

”Where did it go? Did it teleport away?” he suggests without knowing.

He moves up to peer through the other doorway to see if anything from inside the structure was coming out to play from their noise. If he sees someone, he shoots - otherwise he readies a shot against any opposing foe (not elves, not the party, etc).

Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 1 = 29 (prayer) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 19 (prayer)


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +5 | Perc: +5 | Stealth: +4 (+3) | Speed: 25 ft. (20 ft.) | Infused Reagents: 4/5 | Active Conditions: Clumsy 2, Encumbered

Round 3, Init 18

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

"It made itself invisible!" Gillian hisses, looking about with frustration. "And all of my solutions to that involve tremendous noise or fire." She grips her longspear and adopts a defensive position.

"Orthrus, do you have means of remedying the problem?"
______

Gillian will go Total Defense for the moment since alas, she doesn't know Dispel Magic yet.


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 46/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

"It looked too harmed to be able to move and attack, it may still be there!" Nel shouts, letting loose two more arrows at where the creature once stood.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Mischance: 1d100 ⇒ 36 1-50 hit

Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Mischance: 1d100 ⇒ 5 1-50 hit


Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

Tamiro holds turn until the creature reappears.


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50 | sick

Orthrus casts detect magic and looks over the area the spider creature was last see in.


The Armageddon Echo

Aishe doesn't see any creatures from where he stands.

Orthrus detects magic in the general area. After a little concentration, he realized that the creature is rapidly scurrying away from the scene.

You are welcome to pursue if you wish. Otherwise, you are out of initiative. What are you doing?


Male Human | AC 17 T 15 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 20 | F: +7 R: +11, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +7

Aishe moves around the ooze for some time, checking the angles and looking for the creature to return. When it does not, he begins to relax.

"I don't think there's any way around it. We've got to climb through this muck. I suggest we charge the entry and push our way past the goo - it's likely to eat through our shoes, and feet, and ankles..." he stops there worried for his fine boots and mostly their contents.

I hope the elves have something in my style. he thinks and considers using his potion of fly to get past the goop. Screw it - elven feet are too narrow.

When the party is ready to proceed, he quaffs his potion of fly and follows along behind them 10' up ready to provide cover fire.


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +5 | Perc: +5 | Stealth: +4 (+3) | Speed: 25 ft. (20 ft.) | Infused Reagents: 4/5 | Active Conditions: Clumsy 2, Encumbered

"Well, let's hope that that thing does not decide to come back...or bring friends," Gillian scowls when it becomes apparent that their foe isn't going to return or show itself.

"At any rate, it seems that pushing forward is our only real option at the moment," she agrees. "Ah...I can follow along from the air and offer cover should we encounter more hostilities," she adds apologetically.
______

Much like Aishe, Gillian can use Wings of Fire to fly along and help cover the others.


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50 | sick

"Must move quick. If this place so important Eight-Legs will be back with reinforcements." He rummages in his pack and withdraws a pair of dirty potion vials and holds one out to Gillian. "Here. Drink this."

The vials contain potions of enlarge person. Gillian and Orthrus can both fly and with the additional +2 Str and Large size's greater carrying capacity we could air lift the party over to the other side. The doorway on the map looks big enough to accommodate Large creatures. If there are any fumes coming from the ground goo we might consider some sort of poison resistance before we go, if anyone has anything to help with that.


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +5 | Perc: +5 | Stealth: +4 (+3) | Speed: 25 ft. (20 ft.) | Infused Reagents: 4/5 | Active Conditions: Clumsy 2, Encumbered

Gillian eyes the dirty vial hesitantly for a moment but then nods and accepts it. She pops the stopper and, with the other hand holding her nose, drinks it down.
______

Sounds like a plan to me! Alas, Gillian doesn't really have anything to help with resisting poison though :/


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50 | sick

Me neither.


The Armageddon Echo

That sounds like a plan! I'll give Tamiro and Nel until tonight to chime in. I have the next post set up so we'll be able to transition smoothly.


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 46/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

Sizing up the mess of acid and the sheer walls of the passage, Nel sighs. "I suppose that it is too much to ask for a rope bridge?" she murmurs longingly as she watches Orthrus and Gillian grow to unnaturally large sizes.


Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

Sheathing his blades, Tamiro grunts, "I suppose its the best plan at this point in time."


The Armageddon Echo

Beneath the dome, a roaring fire blazes in the center of a cluttered chamber. Above the fire, a trio of kettles bubble furiously, with a column of green smoke rising up to a hole in the ceiling. Beyond, a pair of tall glass tanks sits against the far wall, one green and the other oily black. Tools and laboratory equipment are scattered about the room on tables or hung from hooks on the wall. There is an overpowering stench in the air, mixed in with the smell of burning chemicals.

Standing at a table near the back of the room, a drow woman mixes two flasks together. Several copies of her seem to occupy the same space, so four drow women mix flasks simultaneously.

She looks up as the giant half-human walks in, places the flasks down, and says in Elven, "I hope that this interruption is important. I have much work to do."

Several of the troglodyte workers stiffen when she speaks. One that was staring down a drain in the eastern part of the room seems to wrap its arms around itself in fear.


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 46/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

As Nel lands with an audible thump, she draws her longsword and points it at the woman, "تحتاج إلى إيقاف ما تفعلونه. لم تعد هناك حاج خدماتك." She states in a clipped tone, waiting to see what the alchemist is plotting.

Elven:
As Nel lands with an audible thump, she draws her longsword and points it at the woman, "You need to stop what you're doing. Your services are no longer needed." She states in a clipped tone, waiting to see what the alchemist is plotting.


Male Human | AC 17 T 15 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 20 | F: +7 R: +11, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +7

Aishe flies to the entry way, hovering 5' up or so to keep his distance from the muck and a few feet back to leave room for the airlift.

He's about to shoot indiscriminately when Nel begins to speak to the alchemist. He holds his fire, and waits to see what fruit conversation bears.


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +5 | Perc: +5 | Stealth: +4 (+3) | Speed: 25 ft. (20 ft.) | Infused Reagents: 4/5 | Active Conditions: Clumsy 2, Encumbered

Having set Nel down perhaps a bit more roughly than she'd meant to, Gillian hovers a few feet off of the ground on wings of fire. She couldn't help but feel a mite uneasy at drow woman's blasé response to their unorthodox entrance.

She doesn't fear us. Either she thinks we are some sort of 'help' or she's confident in her ability to best us in combat. I hope that it's the former.


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50 | sick

GM Slothsy:
GM Slothsy wrote:
....a column of green smoke rising up to a hole in the ceiling.

Size of the hole? Could an enlarged Orthrus fit through? Could he at least toss Tamiro?


The Armageddon Echo

Orthrus:
Well, the hole in the ceiling is approx a 5 foot hole. I believe the dome is 20 feet high.

The woman furrows her brow at Nel. "You don't seem to be of an appropriate rank to issue that order. Who sent you?"


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50 | sick

5-foot hole in the ceiling with a drop of 20 feet most probably into whatever horrible acidic necromantic toxin she's cooking, that seems safe enough to drop Tamiro through. Right? I mean, think of the surprise! What do you suppose he will turn into? Tamiro, do you want to get in the boring way through the door, or like a manly hero and drop down through the ceiling?


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 46/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

Nel smirks at the woman, "It was worth a shot. I cannot abide by this alchemy station to continue its output of toxic chemicals. We've been sent to neutralize you." Closing the distance between herself and the drow, Nel levels her sword to the woman's neck.

Nel will double move to the drow woman


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

Im fine with a Tamiro-bomb, but prefferably not into the mixture, Acrobatics save for 1 D6 is fine with me!

Drop to safe ground pending...
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Ill take 2d6 and be prone lol

Tamiro hits the ground with a loud thud, a much less graceful entree than he was hoping for, and with a grunt lifts himself up, and quickly draws his two swords, "I meant to do that!"

If we must use the front door...
Setting himself down onto the ground, he nods to the half-orc and brings both swords to hand. He lets the conversation run its course, understanding nothing of it, but when he sees Nel charge for the Drow he yells, "Watashitachiha-betsu no hi ni shinudeshou!"

He then charges after Nel, both blades raised.

Tien:
May we die another day!

301 to 350 of 480 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Slothsy's Second Darkness (Campaign) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.