GM DrP Through Maelstrom Rift PbP Gameday V (Inactive)

Game Master DrParty06


1 to 50 of 298 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Mostly Human GM

Roll20 link to follow.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Swashbuckler 5 / Lore Warden 3 / Exemplar 2 | Max HP 79 | Init +14 | AC 29, Touch 21, FF 21 | CMD 28+ | Fort +13, Ref +20, Will +7

I'm here! Under the guise of another beloved character, at least.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 12 Barbarian 1 Init+0// HP:112:112// AC:23/FF:23/T:13/CMD:29/F:+15/R:+7/W:+17

Looking forward to it


I can't help but read that as "GM Derp"

Sovereign Court

dot

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 10 Init+1 / HP:83 / AC:14/13/12 / Fort+6 Reflex+9 Will+9

dot dot


*blink*


Maps

Roll20 Maps
All of you wiil have some key correspondence to read there once you have joined the table and I make it available.

You are members of the Concordance of Elements, an organization dedicated to maintaining harmony and balance among the elements - air, earth, fire, and water. You have been summoned to expansive city of Armun Kelisk, the largest settlement on the
Plane of Air.

Orange-and-violet skies streaked with clouds surround you. Armun Kelisk’s six other districts float far above upon platforms of ice and stone. The pull of gravity is strong here—even objects that are not secured rest firmly upon the ground rather than floating into the air. Hundreds of thousands of genies and other beings of air fly through the streets of this bustling metropolis.

Ashasar, Liaison to the Seat of Balance, sits perched on the low roof of a building labeled the Four Winds. Although he represents the most powerful member of the Concordance’s ruling council, his manner is whimsical. A cloud of dust in the shape of an airship flies around his head, bobbing, weaving, and making whooshing noises. “I am glad to see all of you here. Step inside, please.” He hops gracefully off the roof and enters the building. The dust airship follows closely behind him.

Inside the building, travelers gather around low tables, enjoying the establishment’s renowned cooking. An air elemental carries a trio of plates to a new table, each bearing some sort of pie with a halo of bubbles floating above it.
“It simply would not do to set a team without the proper balance on a task as important as this one—we must combat what may be a grave threat, and we have the chance to gain respect from those who dismiss us as a radically idealistic organization. But I’ve gotten ahead of myself again, haven’t I? Your task is simple in the telling, meaning that it promises to be anything but simple in the doing. That is always the way of things, is it not?"

“Airship captains have reported a region of disturbed currents where the flows of air upon which they rely have become erratic.
Several ships have disappeared entirely, and all travel through the area has ceased. As far as I’ve been able to discern, no one has had the crucial combination of courage and dedication to journey to the heart of the irregularities and uncover the sources of the imbalance. Find this source and put a stop to it if you can. It’s far enough away that you’ll need an airship for at least
part of the journey. How close you’ll be able to get, well, that I cannot say. It depends upon the bravery of the captains and
the silver on your tongues, I suppose.”

He chuckles, "Any questions for me?"

Scarab Sages

Ember flits along behind Ashasar, and then perches lightly on the back of a chair overlooking the table.

"A silver tongue, you say? I should think that falls under my skill set. How large an area has been affected? And how strong are the disturbances? Perhaps more importantly, who and what was on the ships that disappeared?

And most importantly, do you have an airship and such a brave captain at hand?"


Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 22/51 | Init +5 | AC 18, touch 13, flatfooted 16 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +9

Krakos plods slowly into the building, placing each foot firmly upon the ground before venturing to lift the next one. He doesn't sit in a chair, but places his hands on the back of one for additional support. "These ships you speak of, they have truly disappeared, leaving no trace?" Krakos' mouth slowly slides into a frown. He stands silent for a while, slowly searching his memory for anything he might know about the ways of this world that might help to explain the odd phenomenon. "This may represent a true threat to the elemental balance... though I know little of the ways of this Plane."

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Slyph Sky Druid 6 Init+3// HP:51:51// AC:17/FF:14/T:14/CMD:17/F:+7/R:+8/W:+11 (+4 vs Air/Elec/Weather)

Zephyr glides in and blanches as he listens "No, not again" he murmurs. "Have there been any other disturbances - or elemental imbalances - noted that might impact this region?"

Kno-Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Kno-Geography: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Silver Crusade

Male Human Inq6 HP17/39 AC19(18) TC12(11) FF17 CMD19(21 Trip) F+7 R+5(4) W+9 Init+5(4) Spd40 Bane 4/6 Judgement1/2 Chronicles.

Using this alias for the purposes of this game. I don't want to break my alias count of 42. :)

Brilliant red hair is outshown by piercing golden eyes as the woman takes her seat. "It has been some time since I walked the planes last. But I do not imagine the nature of trade has changes since then. Securing a pilot will not be difficult. Securing the right pilot is the question." She turns her gaze to the rest of the party. "My name is Jamila, returning from the Material Plane. I know Master Ashasar, but I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting my new companions. Some of your reputations have preceded you, however." She offers a smile to the group that does not quite reach her eyes. The curious creature perched on her shoulder, vocalizes shrilly. "And this is my companion, Targos."


Maps

While you're discussing your mission with Ashasar, a small air elemental waiter, with what appears to be a bow tie around its neck, blows back and forth between you to take your order

"Mayyyy I recomenddd the bubbble halo pie? The bubbless are a symphonyyy of aroma." "Oh dear, I'm afraid I don't know the dietary preferences of a thoqqua, but we'll provide what we can."

Ashasar begins answering, "You'll be able to find a ship at the docks. A captain.. well you'll want someone brave enough to head into dangerous weather and unstable currents." He looks to Rhyol, "Best assure them you're safe passengers. They tend not to like fire."

"These ships have just been disappearing it seems. I've got hundreds ideas of what could be causing the irregularities, and I'm sure that you could come up with hundreds more. I don't have any evidence to support these theories though. Regardless of its cause, I would expect powerful magic to be at its core." He looks to Octaris,"Which is why I'm so pleased that you in particular responded to the summons."

Krakos Knowledge:
The metropolis of Armun Kelisk is the largest settlement on the Plane of Air, boasting over six million residents. The most common inhabitants of Armun Kelisk are the air genies, known as djinni, followed by whimsical air mephits. After mephits rank the spherical
elemental servitors known as air wysps, air elementals, and sylphs. All of these races are as familiar to the PCs as humans, dwarves, or elves would be to a typical PC hailing from Golarion.

Zephyr Knowledge:
Airship captains rely on their knowledge of the Plane of Air’s currents to travel. Reliable and fast currents form the plane’s primary transportation network.

Scarab Sages

Getting restless, Ember jumps off the chair and flies lazily around the room, fluttering her wings so that the light glints and shimmers off her scales.

"Hmm, has something like this happened before? It almost sounds familiar. As for fire, to everything there is a season. Including a time for fire. The best winds come from heated air. Any good captain should know that, even if we remind him." She grins, which is charming despite showing her many needle-like teeth.

Kno(Planes) from earlier: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Kno(History): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Maps

Ember knows the obvious. It's easy to fly around in the Plane of Air. But if you're going a distance, it's better to take an airship.

"We've had disturbances in the elemental balance from time to time, but those were mainly isolated incidents and not repeated disappearances."


With a hissing and rumbling, Rhyol manages to make intelligible speech:
*"Yesss, I musst taake care not to burn the floorss. I liike metalss, esspecially thisss one"*

She holds a small bit of strange, pale green crystal.


Maps
My name is Rhyol wrote:

With a hissing and rumbling, Rhyol manages to make intelligible speech:

*"Yesss, I musst taake care not to burn the floorss. I liike metalss, esspecially thisss one"*

She holds a small bit of strange, pale green crystal.

It's brackets to bold not *s. :P

Check the handy format guide for reminders.


Slyph Sky Druid 6 Init+3// HP:51:51// AC:17/FF:14/T:14/CMD:17/F:+7/R:+8/W:+11 (+4 vs Air/Elec/Weather)

Zephyr's eyes have been following the dust airship by Ashasar, watching it with amusement and then shifts his seat a little so as to be equidistant from every one else at the table. He spares a glance to the waiter "Bubble halo pie? Why that would be just the thing, I quite agree, and where else but the Four Winds to have it?"

He nods and smiles politely at Jamila and Targos "Quite right. I am Zephyr of the Forgotten Sun, and ensuring the balance of the elements has long been of concern to me. It is auspicious on such a mission to meet and work with one who embodies such balance"


Maps

If there are anymore questions or Knowledge(planes) or (geography) checks, you can ask/make them. Otherwise...

As your meal comes to a close, Ashasar pays the tab. He then pulls a folded piece of paper from inside his jacket and hands it to Jamila, "This letter should be sufficient to pay passage, so long as you can find a captain willing to take you in the first place."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Inq6 HP17/39 AC19(18) TC12(11) FF17 CMD19(21 Trip) F+7 R+5(4) W+9 Init+5(4) Spd40 Bane 4/6 Judgement1/2 Chronicles.

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Maps

DC15 Knowledge(planes):
The metropolis of Armun Kelisk is the largest settlement on the Plane of Air, boasting over six million residents. The most common inhabitants of Armun Kelisk are the air genies, known as djinni, followed by whimsical air mephits. After mephits rank the spherical elemental servitors known as air wysps, air elementals, In the Plane of Air, there is no sun, but the genies who rule the city create an artificial day/night cycle in Armun Kelisk. They also stabilize gravity in the city to facilitate trade with people from other planes.

And since I remembered my PbP methods...

DC15 Knowledge(geography):
The greatest danger to airship captains and airbreathing travelers alike is pockets of dead air, where the air becomes extraordinarily heavy and dense. In such places, airships stall, and the air becomes unbreathable.


Rhyol ponders her own knowledge.

planes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Slyph Sky Druid 6 Init+3// HP:51:51// AC:17/FF:14/T:14/CMD:17/F:+7/R:+8/W:+11 (+4 vs Air/Elec/Weather)

Zephyr gratefully savors the last morsel of the fine repast, a few questions bubbling up along with the pie's halo "Is there anything the ships that have disappeared have in common? Or something they did not share with those that have not vanished in these areas? other than the disturbed currents, is there anything noteworthy about this particular area?"
Planes: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Should these rolls be of any use:

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Maps

"The only thing the ships have in common is that they were unfortunate enough to have ventured too close to a disturbance that caused them to disappear. I only know the general region of the disturbances, not the exact area. A seasoned airship captain will know the way. I can't say that there is anything particularly noteworthy in the region though."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Inq6 HP17/39 AC19(18) TC12(11) FF17 CMD19(21 Trip) F+7 R+5(4) W+9 Init+5(4) Spd40 Bane 4/6 Judgement1/2 Chronicles.

"Well, we shall certainly put your credit to good use. I daresay we can drive a hard bargain despite what handicaps we may have." Her slice of pie remains only half finished. "Pondering the ifs of this mystery shall certainly get us nowhere, so we should secure a vessel and be on our way."

Scarab Sages

"Indeed, let us be off. And please, pardon my manners, Jamila. The excitement of a new quest swept me up, and I forgot all about the best part... Meeting my new compatriots!"
With a flutter of wings and a flourishing swoop, Ember mimics a curtsey.
"It is a pleasure to meet you and your companion Targos. And you, Zephyr. I am Ember, of the Mount Fireburst swarm. Bearing witness to strange events and navigating the winds of adventure is my scene, and then spinning the tales is my scheme. And this..."
She spins in a circle to gesture at the party and Ashasar. "... bears all the signs of a grand story in the making."


Hydrokineticist 4 (7 HD) | HP: 64*/71 | Init +10 | AC 24, Touch 17, FF 18, DR 5/magic | CMD 22 | Fort +10, Ref +15, Will +5

An air elemental waiter slips over to the water mephit seated with you, who has kept surprisingly quiet. Upon hearing the waiter's whispered message, the mephit excuses himself politely.

A few minutes pass, and then another water mephit enters the room. "Friends! I apologize for my lateness. It is I, Octaris the Torrent, arcane expert, here to help you and serve the Concordance." He smiles a charismatic, fanged grin, while his eyes glimmer with odd cunning as he surveys the group.

Octaris then turns to Ashasar. He bows ever so slightly at the Liaison. "Thank you for allowing my friend and scribe sit in on this meeting. She has informed me of what has been discussed." In response to Ashasar's confusion, he continues, "If Dupralia claimed to be me, I apologize again. It is a little joke of ours, to impersonate one another. Perhaps she thought it would please someone like you, who is known to be whimsical himself."

With that, Octaris sloshes over to the chair previously taken by the first mephit. Where some water mephits have exposed legs, his are completely surrounded by a swirling torrent of water. His skin seems to glitter unusually as well, as if water were flowing upon or just under his exterior. It looks like it might be an arcane glamour, but it is unclear....

Upon sitting, Octaris picks at the remainder of his pie. "Dupralia mentioned that you needed my expertise to find the cause of some missing ships? I would be glad to provide my vast knowledge. In fact, I was late because I got carried away preparing for our meeting...."

The truth:

The lie came easier than the truth. Aurathius was lucky that Dupralia had been quick to take his place at the table and listen in to the discussion. He had lost track of time while shmoozing with the various servants and travelers outside the establishment. Showing off Octaris's "arcane skills" was so rewarding; commoners were so easily fooled. He'd been busy getting a feel for the city by wooing air mephits and befriending local air elementals. Thankfully, upon finally reaching the establishment, he had convinced a waiter to take a message in for him. He was fortunate that he was so much more charismatic than his stuffy old cousin.

Scarab Sages

Ember watches with interest and keen eyes.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Maps

Leaving the Four Winds you pass by a group of air elementals putting up advertisements for the daily special of the bubble halo pie. They spin with a pile of fliers swirling around them, before they go flying in all directions. They all stick to walls an posts in the correct orientation exactly where you would expect such a flier to be.

Continuing on to the docks, you're able to ask around about any captains that might be willing to make a dangerous trip and learn three names: the djinni Razakim, the air mephit Sisivel, and the gnome Nix.

Scarab Sages

Ember flits around, settling briefly on barrels and crates to talk with people along the dock. Using her charm, she fishes for gossip about these captains.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31


Maps

Ember hears that Razakim is a haughty male with a ship of silver and violet crystal and sails made of silk. Sisivel is a member of the Thousand Wings consortium of merchant-captains that share a slim, maneuverable dark blue crystal ship with a cloud dragon figurehead. Nix has a reputation as a daredevil with a patchwork ship that you'd expect from a gnome.

Scarab Sages

Motioning the group together, she shares her information. "... so, with those options, my vote is for Nix the gnome. Haughtiness often masks fear or apathy, and merchants care more for the safety of their purses than anything else. I think a daredevil might be just the captain we need!"


Hydrokineticist 4 (7 HD) | HP: 64*/71 | Init +10 | AC 24, Touch 17, FF 18, DR 5/magic | CMD 22 | Fort +10, Ref +15, Will +5

"Mmm, but is a patchwork ship reliable? What if it is not sound?" Octaris huffs a bit. "My inclination is to go with the air mephit. I have a way with their kind...."

Despite his words, Octaris sounds like he could be convinced to go with Nix's patchwork ship. It seems as if there's a bit of daredevil hiding behind his own haughtiness....


Slyph Sky Druid 6 Init+3// HP:51:51// AC:17/FF:14/T:14/CMD:17/F:+7/R:+8/W:+11 (+4 vs Air/Elec/Weather)

Zephyr nods "Know a Captain by his ship, I have heard. Ones so ornate might well be capable yet also less willing to be risked - at least not without a steep fee. But perhaps one of you knows more of their reputations?


"which oone burnnssss lessss? two are crystal, what is gnomes?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Inq6 HP17/39 AC19(18) TC12(11) FF17 CMD19(21 Trip) F+7 R+5(4) W+9 Init+5(4) Spd40 Bane 4/6 Judgement1/2 Chronicles.

"I like the sound of the Thousand Wings Consortium. I would expect a ship employed by a large organization to be better maintained." Jamila touched her hand to her chin. "That is, if this Consortium is a successful one."

Gather Information: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


Maps

Nix's ship is made of crystal and scrap metal.

The Thousand Wings are a reasonably sized group that maintains success through advantageous deals with each other and sharing of resources. The Thousand Wings are not beyond cutting members out of their trade deals, should a captain irresponsibly damage property of the group.


Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 22/51 | Init +5 | AC 18, touch 13, flatfooted 16 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +9

Krakos looks uncomfortable with all three options, finally voicing his objection in a low rumble. "I agree. This Sisivel may be most likely to be protective of his vessel. And by extension, us."

Sense Motive @ Octaris: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

He turns to survey his new companions, his gaze lingering for an uncomfortably long time on each person, and particularly so on Octaris. Krakos uses detect alignment on everybody. "And if you do not know me, I am Krakos. Let us work together to resolve this imbalance."

Scarab Sages

"Hmm, but being most protective might also mean he will not risk getting close enough to the disturbance for us to figure out what is actually going on..." She gives a heavy sniff of disdain for a mystery unsolved, which causes a wisp of smoke to curl from her tiny nostrils. "I suppose we could solve this by just going and talking to them."


Slyph Sky Druid 6 Init+3// HP:51:51// AC:17/FF:14/T:14/CMD:17/F:+7/R:+8/W:+11 (+4 vs Air/Elec/Weather)

"An excellent idea, Ember. Let's go talk to them and see what we think of them and their ships."


Hydrokineticist 4 (7 HD) | HP: 64*/71 | Init +10 | AC 24, Touch 17, FF 18, DR 5/magic | CMD 22 | Fort +10, Ref +15, Will +5

"Fine! Let's begin with... this gnome, then. I'd like to see what magic holds his ship together."


Maps

Nix happens to be a female gnome. You find her busy tending to a jury-rigged mechanical device of some sort on her ship.

"Hi there, I'm Nix Trix Elixir Archaeopteryx! Rumor has it you're looking for an airship captain. I've got an airship, and I'm a captain. I don't take any useless passengers on board my ship though. If you wanna go somewhere you have to help get yourself there. Where is it that you want to go?"

Scarab Sages

"Greetings, Nix Trix Elixir Archaeopteryx. I am Ember of the Mount Fireburst swarm. My companions and I seek a captain who is daring and bold, with a ship to match her ambitions. We have been tasked with investigating the disappearance of ships in the disturbed air currents. Of course, our mission comes with a writ of recompense, which should more than match the spirit and desires of a worthy captain. And we are a skilled bunch, willing to pull our weight and ensure a smooth and successful journey."

Ember watches Nix closely throughout her opening spiel, trying to sense the captain's response to the companions, the task, and the offer of payment. Most important to Ember is any reaction to the mention of the disturbance.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32


Slyph Sky Druid 6 Init+3// HP:51:51// AC:17/FF:14/T:14/CMD:17/F:+7/R:+8/W:+11 (+4 vs Air/Elec/Weather)

Zephyr glances over the ship during the discussions
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Hydrokineticist 4 (7 HD) | HP: 64*/71 | Init +10 | AC 24, Touch 17, FF 18, DR 5/magic | CMD 22 | Fort +10, Ref +15, Will +5

How long will it take to get to the disturbed air currents?


Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 22/51 | Init +5 | AC 18, touch 13, flatfooted 16 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +9

Krakos, vigilent yet silent, attempts to get the measure of this gnome and her ship. He is more familiar with the svirfneblins of the deep earth than of these creatures.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Krakos also uses detect alignment on Nix.


Maps

"Daring and bold I am!", says Nix as she stands up as tall as possible for a creature of only a couple feet.

"As for you being skilled, well I'm not so sure of that. How can something as tiny as you do something useful on an airship? That writ of recompense looks mighty nice, but I'll need some proof that you actually know how to handle yourself on this ship."

Nix's ship despite being comprised of an obvious array of items looks solid and very functional. Nix has no detectable alignments. It will take several days journey.

Scarab Sages

"I may be volumetrically challenged, but I know a fair bit about flying." She flicks her wings to prove the point. "Even better, I can inspire your crew to perform with greater competence and acumen than they normally would. I'm also pretty handy in a fight, if we were to face hostile parties. But enough of my words - what kind of proof would satisfy you?"

Ember listens closely to Nix's answer, to make sure she isn't trying to cheat the party somehow (asking for free labor, or looking to haggle the price).
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35


Maps

"This airship is a complicated conglomeration of magic and machinery. If we get into trouble, and we will get into trouble where you want to go, I need to know that I can count on you and your companions to help save my ship."

"Any of you know about how to use magical things or mechanical things or anything about magic at all or even how to take a ship like this to where you want to go?"

You think she wants to be convinced that you can help man the ship should the need arise. A skill check would probably help with the convincing.


Hydrokineticist 4 (7 HD) | HP: 64*/71 | Init +10 | AC 24, Touch 17, FF 18, DR 5/magic | CMD 22 | Fort +10, Ref +15, Will +5

"Did you say magic?" Octaris elbows his way forward. "Do you know who we are?" He puffs his chest out as a watery mist gathers around him. "We act on behalf of the great Concordance! We are the best they have to offer. I myself am Octaris, this group's arcane knowledgist!" He pauses, as if briefly confused, before going on. "Anyway, of course we know how to use magical things! I'm a wizard myself! A professional arcane master, who knows all the things! Do you require an example?" His hands begin to bubble slightly.

Bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

1 to 50 of 298 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM DrP Through Maelstrom Rift PbP Gameday V Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.