Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


4,801 to 4,850 of 12,164 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>

"As to you, I cannot send you into death, or the great likelihood of death. And I shall not.

I cannot use you to harm the Cardinal, or to defy him. And I shall not.

I cannot send you to directly oppose his plans. And I shall not."


"Instead, what I shall bind you to do, in fulfillment of your geas and your bargain, is..."


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:

"All things are possible, dear Judge, by the will of our Father. I have considered the matter carefully and I believe that we have the necessary materials at hand. In fact, you provided the last piece yourself just yesterday.

"I propose to ask for a miracle. Are you willing?"

The Judge begins to smile, a wicked smile.

And what exactly may that piece have been? I do not recall one of the soulless biting me yesterday. I recall a number of walking dead, most of which seemed to wish to cause us harm.

Thus, without a miracle or some similar boon from the Prince of Darkness, how do you plan to accomplish this. I am most interested, both in your methods my Cardinal, and in the outcome.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

and spurned by Cymu. Poor Xenfall


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

IN THE LIBRARY

You'd have better luck with her cousin, Xenfal. Jax gives Cimu a wicked smile and gestures to the library's books. Would either of you care to help me look for information on our likely enemies in future endeavors?

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 untrained Know: Geo check on customs cutters.

PAYING IRIN

Jax frowns as he listens to Irin, dissecting her words. Mn..I can see where this is going. Information is not opposition, hm?


"Precisely." Irin nods. "Which is why your task will be to take this pen, go to the Cardinal's study, switch it with the pen on his desk, and bring that pen back to me."


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Uh oh....


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Well a fellow has to try. Not too many pretty faces around this place...and yours Ms. Helen is the prettiest I have seen quite some time. Perhaps if I am lucky I will be graced with a name sometime in the future.

Xenfal then follows Jax to the stacks and finds everything that nat 20 on the search earlier


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

"Oh, grand. And you assure me that he is not currently otherwise pre-occupied? I do believe now is a fantastic time to make use of that invisibility scroll we found on the Warden, Cimu."


"My son, when I say that I am always with you, I do not only mean in a spiritual sense."

The Cardinal holds up one gloved hand. In his palm rests a small black gemstone. "During your final battle with the late Sir Balin, I was... nearby. Close enough to observe. And close enough to cast a spell." The Cardinal holds up the gem. In the firelight you can see that it is very black, but also somehow slightly translucent. And inside it... is it a trick of the light, or is something moving in there?

"Behold the imprisoned soul of Sir Balin of Kerfeld."


Irin shakes her head. "No, no. Of course he's preoccupied. He's very far away. And so is the tool. He won't be back for at least another hour, and his study stands empty."


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

"Well then..I suppose we best get started? Cimu, any thoughts? I figure you can use the invisibility scroll here Jax pulls out the scroll and tosses it underhand to her.
on me and I'll sneak in to exchange it while you keep an eye on the door for anyone coming?"


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Assuming that the library conversation is taking place during the day.

Library Time

Shortly after his midday meal, raw steak and a glass of red not-wine, the Judge heads to the library to see how the more academically minded are doing.

When the Judge sees that his companions are talking with the new arrival, he walks up and offers his hand.
Welcome, I am Judge Tohram Quasangi. And who do I have the pleasure of meeting?
_____________
_____________

With the Cardinal

Douglas Muir 406 wrote:

"My son, when I say that I am always with you, I do not only mean in a spiritual sense."

The Cardinal holds up one gloved hand. In his palm rests a small black gemstone. "During your final battle with the late Sir Balin, I was... nearby. Close enough to observe. And close enough to cast a spell." The Cardinal holds up the gem. In the firelight you can see that it is very black, but also somehow slightly translucent. And inside it... is it a trick of the light, or is something moving in there?

"Behold the imprisoned soul of Sir Balin of Kerfeld."

The Judge looks carefully at the black gem. Yes, I can almost see it writhing in pain within the confines of the gem. Very nice.

The Judge pauses, still looking at the gem before again raising his gaze to the Cardinal: But, how will this help me? Unless you plan to bargain this gem for the sweet caress of the bite of a vampire?

The Judge then looks down at his tall thin form before again raising his eyes to look at the Cardinal while motioning his hands to indicate his body: Have you discovered another way to leave these mortal trappings behind?


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Library

I am Xenfal, and that is Della. I have been recently assigned to the Ninth. Hopefully I meet with more success than my predecessor.

Xenfal pours some wine and offers it to the Judge.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge looks at the wine and shakes his hand. Thank you, but I prefer more . . . lively drinks.

He then turns to the others: So, have we found anything of import for our expedition? Right now we have the ability to prepare and should take every effort to assure that we use every minute to our best advantage.

Turning back to Xenfal: The Cardinal assigned you to us? Well, that is good as one of our former companions recently met with an untimely demise. So, what skills and attributes do you bring with you to our Knot?


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Oh, not too much. Can sneak about a bit, open the odd lock. I can use a bit of magic, charm the pants off ladies, present company excluded, and am a devil in a fight. Nothing too exciting, though you will usually see me ducking and weaving through enemy lines to set up the sneakier types.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Dren take the glass poured for the judge, Waste not...want not. Not sure why you humanoids like this stuff so, it makes many of you into simpering fools, wanting more and more until you fall over.
What are we looking for, the sooner we complete this task the sooner you can help me with mine.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

What are we going to do with Grumblejack by-the-way? It's not like we can have him running around with us and not draw a lot of attention.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge looks over at Dren: Grumblejack has proven loyal so far and several of us might well not be here were it not for him. You may recall he carried me while I volunteered several fat ponies to slow down that boulder. How many of you would now be pancakes were it not for what he did?

In addition, he is no different than us to all others. A bit larger perhaps, but just as human looking as you or me.

Don't forget that Grumblejack also has a collar on.

The Judge pauses for a few moments to let the dark oracle consider his statement.
Plus, should we meet with less than friendly bugbears or worse, I would not mind having him around to hold the front with Morsum and Edmin while the rest of us use ranged attacks and magic to defeat our foes.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Grumblejack...sounds filthy. Do tell me this fellow bathes.


Irin raises her hand. "Not quite so fast. The Cardinal is confident, but not a fool. He's laid some precautions.

"First, there's a magical ward around his study. You can cast normally inside it, but not from outside of it inwards. It's designed to protect against scrying and teleportation and such, so it will shut down any minor magics you might be able to deploy.

"Second, there's something about the rug in front of his desk. I don't know what, but it's either a trap or some sort of warning device, or both. Don't touch it.

"Third, there's a guardian of some sort. I don't know its precise nature, but apparently it's a mindless thing, more like a trap than an actual creature. It won't remember you, so it can't tell the Cardinal what happened... a bit of a hole in the security there. That said, avoid it if you can. It will probably try to capture or kill you.

"What else... oh, the fireplace is a rather sophisticated scrying device. I'm pretty sure it only works when the fire is on, though, so you should be fine. Still, don't mess about with it. Don't mess about with anything, do I even have to say this? Get in, don't step on the rug, switch the pens, get out.

"Any questions?"


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

You say it will shut down magic while within, or do you mean it will dispel all magics we cast on ourselves prior to entering?


Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:


The Judge then looks down at his tall thin form before again raising his eyes to look at the Cardinal while motioning his hands to indicate his body: Have you discovered another way to leave these mortal trappings behind?

"I believe I have. I've designed a ritual, built around the casting of an extremely powerful divine spell. If it works, it should begin a gradual process of transformation. Completing it will take some time -- certainly months, possibly years. But if it works as planned, you will not only become a vampire, but a senior vampire, progenitor of your own line and beholden to none.

"Mind, we'll have to travel to the proper location. Which is some little distance away." The Cardinal stands, and extends one gloved hand. "Well, Judge? Are you willing to make the attempt?"


Quote:
You say it will shut down magic while within

"No, no. It's not like the one back at Branderscar. That was crude. This prevents magic from being cast into the study. So you couldn't stand outside the door and make the switch with a cantrip, for instance. But once inside, you can cast anything you please."

Quote:
or do you mean it will dispel all magics we cast on ourselves prior to entering?

"Naturally, it will also disrupt any spell that you cast on yourself before entering. If you want a spell of protection, you'll have to cast it after you enter." Irin's green eyes narrow. "It's a shell-field, generated by an item he can move around. I think it must be one of his trophies from his trip to the lower planes... what a trap you could make with it! Your enemies prepare themselves with spells of strengthening and defense, rush in upon you... oh, how I'd love to have such a thing." She shakes her head suddenly, thick black hair flying. "Haaah. No, that's not what we're about. No distractions. Just get the pen."


Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:
The Judge looks at the wine and shakes his hand. Thank you, but I prefer more . . . lively drinks.

But of course.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

II. WHEN PAYMENT COMES DUE

Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
"Any questions?"

Aside from the many obvious and glaring ones?!

'Lady Irin ... If I may inquire, what hinders you from making the switch yourself? Surely your ... talents ... Are quite diverse.'


Nat 20 on Geography. Okay.

The library actually has a book on the Yutak, written by a Pathfinder who spent a year among them. They're the people of the far North; they live in houses of ice and take to sea in boats of skin. They're never seen in Talingarde, but do trade with the monsters beyond the Wall. This has given them an evil reputation, but the Pathfinder claims that they're simply pragmatists who are interested in survival. They have a great many curious magics, mostly involved with the natural forces of wind, wave, and ice; their shamans are said to be able to take the forms of strange beasts.

They make no use of books or writing, but have prodigious memories. The Pathfinder says that they will never forget a good deed, or a bad one, and will calmly wait many years for the chance to repay either one.

They trade in furs and ivory, and place great value on metal -- not so much gold or silver, nor swords (for which they have little use), but metal tools and spear or harpoon heads for hunting.

The Pathfinder says that though the Yutak are not a kindly or benevolent folk, neither are they cruel; and further, they hate fiends and demons. This is because they once worshipped a great demon, the Mother of Monsters. The Mother gave their women easy births and strong children, but exacted a price: every seventh child was a monster. The Yutak, being a practical people, did not mind the strange appearance of these children; however odd they might look, most were healthy, and indeed many were quick, strong, clever, and tolerant of the harsh environment. Alas, however, many of the children were as twisted in spirit as in body, and eventually the other Yutak grew weary of their wicked and cruel hearts. The monster-Yutak were driven away across the ice and the worship of the Mother was outlawed. The Yutak do still occasionally still have children with odd minor deformities; most of these are killed, but a few are permitted to live, whereupon they generally become shamans.


Quote:


Aside from the many obvious and glaring ones?!

Yes, aside from those.

Quote:

'Lady Irin ... If I may inquire, what hinders you from making the switch yourself? Surely your ... talents ... Are quite diverse.'

"Deniability. I cannot lie, remember?" Irin's lovely face twists into a scowl. "As well bind my hands behind my back, or force me to walk on my knees..."


Knowledge on Customs cutters.

A number of cutters of the Talirean Navy patrol up and down the coasts. These combine several functions: customs, checking for smugglers, suppressing pirates and coastal bandits or monsters, and helping seamen in need.

You Talirean Coast Guard is composed of well trained, honorable men and women who have chosen to dedicate their lives to service on the sea. The Talirean Coast Guard strives to be courteous and helpful at all times! Many men and officers of the Coast Guard have been decorated for bravery in a number of incidents including blah blah blah so sickeningly Lawful Good.

too long don't read: ships full of armed men. They won't be expecting something like you, but on the other hand they won't be pushovers -- these guys are well trained. And if one raises the alarm you'll have half the Talirean Navy chasing after you within a day or two.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Library

After finding the book on his first search Xenfal pours himself some wine out of another bottle.

Judge apparently I am a skilled librarian as well. A skill I did not know I had!

Then

So would someone like to fill me in on what we are preparing for?


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:


"I believe I have. I've designed a ritual, built around the casting of an extremely powerful divine spell. If it works, it should begin a gradual process of transformation. Completing it will take some time -- certainly months, possibly years. But if it works as planned, you will not only become a vampire, but a senior vampire, progenitor of your own line and beholden to none.

"Mind, we'll have to travel to the proper location. Which is some little distance away." The Cardinal stands, and extends one gloved hand. "Well, Judge? Are you willing to make the attempt?"

The Judge thinks for a minute about the consequence, and the benefits.

My Lord, I am already an outlaw in this society and have seen well more than one hundred winters as one of the living. For the majority of this time I have wondered and researched those that tainted my blood. I have not sought to truly reach for the true power of undeath for exactly those reasons of which you have now spoken. To take the normal path to undeath as one of the lords of darkness requires becoming nothing more than a minion to the one who granted you the boon of vampirism. However, of what you speak, I did not think such was possible, even with powerful magics.

The Judge pauses for a moment before extending his hand and taking hold of the Cardinal's gloved hand.
Yes, I will accept the gift of which you speak. It would be an honor to serve the Prince of Hell for many mortal lifetimes.

_________________
_________________

Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Blah Blah Blah about the northmen and the navy.

The Judge listens as his associates read what is contained in the Cardinal's well maintained library.

This is most interesting. I believe that we should speak with the Cardinal. If we can add to the cargo that our ship shall be carrying, we could obtain additional allies, or at least fewer enemies. We should seek to add grappling hooks, spear heads, harpoon heads, hammers, axes and similar pieces of equipment that a people living on the edge of civilization would find useful. Perhaps we could use it to barter for guidance or safe passage through their lands.

As far as the navy is concerned, we treat them as equals. We seek to offend none and do not run. If we must fight, we shall. However, I would hope that our ice witch will be able to mask the appearance of our cargo such that it appears to be trade goods for trade with the northmen. We can fight if we have to, but our mission is not to take on the Talirean navy.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Perhaps, if nothing else we can get some raw ore. That might be an attractive item to take with us as well. Who knows what else they might want to make, that we have not thought of.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

The next morning, Edmin makes his way into the library stinking of old whiskey and sweat. The knight plops down into one of the chairs and looks over at the others. "Nice hat. Is this the replacement for that fargin icehole of a goblin?"


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Xenfal crinkles his nose at the Knights odor.

I like to think of myself as an improvement over most ice holes. Xenfal is my name. Care for some wine?

Then after a moment where he tries to breathe. Would you allow me to remove your...shall we say natural musk Sir Knight?


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

II. WHEN PAYMENT COMES DUE

I see..so using invisibility and other tricks would best be done while within the room itself. Cimu, do you have any ideas or suggestions on how best to approach this? Other than stealthily and with lots of magic..

IN THE LIBRARY

Jax nods at the Judge. I agree, when next you see him you should bring it up. But this isn't the information I was looking for. We know the Soothsayer is of the waters but that she's undoubtedly good. These Yutak do not seem like the best candidates for that threat. Neither do the customs cutters..Xenfal, Judge, Cimu, Dren. Would you mind helping me locate materials on the other aquatic creatures that dwell in that region?

The tiefling's tail reaches over and grabs a book from a stack while Jax simultaneously pulls another from the shelf. He holds one loosely over his shoulder, eyes darting back and froth between them. Perhaps the elves..or the merfolk? What else did the Cardinal mention..a kraken? That's just myth. Hmn..

I'm assuming we can make 1 check per day so Jax, Xenfal and Cimu are out of luck for day 1. Maybe the others could try with aquatic creatures? I know Edmin is going to make a check about the Wall or the city we're going to, he mentioned looking for maps. During day 2, Jax will pursue some other leads on the Soothsayer and the Cruel Master. During day 3 (final day), he'll make some checks for the White Hero.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

The obviously hung over Edmin waves his hand at the man in the hat. "Knock your self out."


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Xenfal like Jax so whatever Jax asks for help finding he will look for. He is still in the dark

Wonderful Sir Knight. First let's take care of the musk.

Xenfal walks over to Edmin and brushes off his shoulder, as if moving some speck of dust, as he mutters some arcane words. Casts Prestidigitate and Edmin smells like a normal clean person again.

Now perhaps I can help that headache, no promises on that account though.

Slowly Xenfal puts his hands on Edmin's temples, if he allows it, and mutters some words.

Casts CLW, 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out as he looks at Xenfal. "Well, you have already proven more useful than the goblin. Thanks."


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

More useful than the goblin...a bit backhanded, but I will take it. Now how about some wine, and you can tell me who you are. You look quite strapping so I must assume that you are the "Champion" that I have heard mentioned.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

"I am Sir Edmin Al'Roth, a Champion of the Dark Prince. Forgive me if I am not very talkative, being burned alive tends to make one a little irritable."


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'
Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:

The Judge looks over at Dren: Grumblejack has proven loyal so far and several of us might well not be here were it not for him. You may recall he carried me while I volunteered several fat ponies to slow down that boulder. How many of you would now be pancakes were it not for what he did?

In addition, he is no different than us to all others. A bit larger perhaps, but just as human looking as you or me.

Don't forget that Grumblejack also has a collar on.

The Judge pauses for a few moments to let the dark oracle consider his statement.
Plus, should we meet with less than friendly bugbears or worse, I would not mind having him around to hold the front with Morsum and Edmin while the rest of us use ranged attacks and magic to defeat our foes.

Of course I remember, he was acting under my orders when he grabbed you.

I meant he is almost as unpredictable as the Goblin. If you wish to risk his presence just remember he has less guile than anyone here and half the brains. I am looking forward to meeting all sorts of humanoids, I wish to wear the skins of many creatures.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge looks over at Edmin: And Champion, we shall guide you so that you may direct your irritation to punish all those who have wronged you. Soon we shall be battling those who have wronged us all. All those weak excuses for citizens who inhabit this pitiful land.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]
Dren of the Dark Tapestry wrote:


Of course I remember, he was acting under my orders when he grabbed you.
I meant he is almost as unpredictable as the Goblin. If you wish to risk his presence just remember he has less guile than anyone here and half the brains. I am looking forward to meeting all sorts of humanoids, I wish to wear the skins of many creatures.

The Judge looks at Dren and frowns: Believe what you will. He is an asset. A very strong asset. If we must partake of diplomacy, then we shall have him remain without to guard. On the other hand, if we have need to remove heads from the shoulders of Talingarde patrols, he will be front and center. Should he become a liability, at that time I shall decide how to best deal with, or eliminate, the liability.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Burned alive...remind me not to get into a bar fight with you. Not to be rude, but is SOMEONE going to tell me where we are going and why?


Irin shrugs. "Use your judgment. But don't delay. Go now.

"And remember -- don't touch the rug."


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

II WHEN PAYMENT COMES DUE

'And again your interest in this pen lies in ...'


"Self-defense." Irin pauses, clearly considering her words. Then she says, "The Cardinal imagines that he can, by a combination of persuasion and good treatment, convince me to join his cause as a willing servant.

"This will never happen. Never. I respect the Cardinal's power and his ruthlessness, and I watch the unfolding of his plans with... professional interest. But I care nothing for him or for his devil-god. And I will never, never serve. I walk alone, and all places are the same to me.

Irin reaches into her satchel and takes out her deck. (Not that deck. The ordinary one.) She puts it on the table and taps it lightly. "And yet I am deep in the Cardinal's counsel, for he has found me and my cards most useful. We are an important source of information and advice for him. In order for this to be so, he has necessarily had to open many of his secrets to me. I know... a great many things, about him, his servants, and his plans.

"While I am oath-bound and compelled to his service, this matters not. But what do you suppose will happen when the term of my indenture comes to an end, and I have still not sworn loyalty to great Asmodeus?"


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

There has to be more to this. She is leaving something out.

Cуровую locks eyes with Irin, for a brief moment Jax's presence may very well be forgotten

'And ...'

Sense Motive or Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 if Diplomacy another +1 for 24


"And it's time for you to be about your business. Unless you want to meet the Cardinal on his way back." Irin leans back, smiling a half smile. Clearly she's said all she's going to say.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

'Do you have any tools that we may use that may prove useful in this endeavor, not counting Jax here of course.'

4,801 to 4,850 of 12,164 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.