DM Papa.DRB -- SoP test (Inactive)

Game Master Papa-DRB

"Shadowsfall - Temple of Orcus" by Jon Brazier Enterprises, RPG Gameday Kickstarter - December 2011


1 to 50 of 143 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Players & Lurkers, please read:
Players - Please try and post here only with your alias, but don't worry if you use another ID, as I will probably be the first one to mess that up.
Lurkers - Please do not post in this thread at all. Use the Discussion thread, thanks.

You arrived in the small hamlet of Dronabar just after lunch. Being on the road for several days, the sign over a door displayed a picture of a horrid red troll, with the word Tavern underneath it. Hope the food is better than the name you think as you enter and see an almost empty tavern. The lunch rush being over, the bar maids are finishing the cleaning up, when an ugly half-orc, We only got left overs, iffn yer hungry, and only one open table" and he points to the only table in the place that wasn't used during lunch. As you sit down he instructs a barmaid to take your order and bring you food. While sitting five others, looking much like you, road weary, come in and the Tavern Keeper gives them the same line as you, and soon all six of you are sitting together at the table, eating and talking.

Introduce yourselves. On Tuesday or Wednesday depending on how you all are interacting, I will move this forward.


stats:
HP: 35 | Init: +1 | Channel(3d6) 10/10 | Bound Nexus 7/7 | Spell Points 9/10 | AC: 12 | T: 12 | FF: 11 | CMB: +1 | CMD: 12 | Fortitude +4 | Reflex +4 | Will +7
Skils:
Diplomacy +12 | Heal +6 | Knowledge(arcane, history, religion) +7 | Knowledge(planes) +9 | Linguistics +6 | Perception +8 | Spellcraft +7

Hailina looks nervously around the table. As the barmaid comes up to her she smiles a shy smile. Her beautiful brown hair falls in a braid down her back and her small, delicate features catch attractively in the light. Her voice comes out small, but audible."Whatever food you have... And water please..."

When she gets her food, she sits up on her knees and slowly eats, taking small bites and a drink of water after them. She only looksa at her plate, obviously a little nervous of the new company.


Vitals:
HP: 46/46 | AC: 15; T: 15; FF: 13; CMD: 14 | Fort: + 3; Ref: +4; Will: +5 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init: +2; Perc: +2; Stealth +14
Spells, Etc:
dancing lights, detect thoughts, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals | Spell Points 9/11 | Shadowstuff 8/8 | Truesight 1/1
Gnome Fey Adept 5

The grippli sits down at the table and begins to eat. After his first bite, he wrinkles his nose and wriggles his fingers. There's a brief smell of cinnamon before the froggie continues eating with a contented smile.

prestidigitation SLA

Seeing that the pretty halfling looks nervous, he gives her a friendly smile. "Don't worry, little lady. I don't bite. And the bug-eating thing is just a myth." He extends a hand. "Gow-Wabber, magician extraordinaire, at your service."

Gow's Current Appearance


stats:
HP: 35 | Init: +1 | Channel(3d6) 10/10 | Bound Nexus 7/7 | Spell Points 9/10 | AC: 12 | T: 12 | FF: 11 | CMB: +1 | CMD: 12 | Fortitude +4 | Reflex +4 | Will +7
Skils:
Diplomacy +12 | Heal +6 | Knowledge(arcane, history, religion) +7 | Knowledge(planes) +9 | Linguistics +6 | Perception +8 | Spellcraft +7

She smiles nervously. "Oh. Hi. Im... Im Hailina. I.. um.. I guess I care for people... I wouldn't mind if you did eat bugs, if thats what you liked..." She gently shakes the grippli's hand.


Vitals:
HP: 46/46 | AC: 15; T: 15; FF: 13; CMD: 14 | Fort: + 3; Ref: +4; Will: +5 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init: +2; Perc: +2; Stealth +14
Spells, Etc:
dancing lights, detect thoughts, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals | Spell Points 9/11 | Shadowstuff 8/8 | Truesight 1/1
Gnome Fey Adept 5

"Nice to meet you!" Gow's other hand produces a flower and hands it to the Halfling.

If she takes it
After a moment, the flower morphs into a butterfly and flits away into the rafters of the tavern. "I'm sorry - it couldn't stand before your beauty. Nothing I conjure can compare."


stats:
HP: 35 | Init: +1 | Channel(3d6) 10/10 | Bound Nexus 7/7 | Spell Points 9/10 | AC: 12 | T: 12 | FF: 11 | CMB: +1 | CMD: 12 | Fortitude +4 | Reflex +4 | Will +7
Skils:
Diplomacy +12 | Heal +6 | Knowledge(arcane, history, religion) +7 | Knowledge(planes) +9 | Linguistics +6 | Perception +8 | Spellcraft +7

Hailina looks shocked, but takes the flower anyway. When it morphs she blushes. "Oh.. uh.. um.. okay.."

Dark Archive

Game left due to change in work situation

Chalice wasn't exactly thrilled to be seated with a bunch of others in a tavern surrounded by the remnants of filth left over from the lunch rush, but it didn't look like she had much choice. So far things had been quiet, which suited her just fine. But of course the silence couldn't last forever.

At first she tried to ignore the exchange between the miniature pair, busying herself with adjusting her hair or sipping her wine, but eventually she had to just stop and stare.

Her eyebrows raised and face contorted into something between mild disgust and awkward disapproval.

"Coming on a little strong and creepy there, Guppy," she said after a long pause.


stats:
HP: 35 | Init: +1 | Channel(3d6) 10/10 | Bound Nexus 7/7 | Spell Points 9/10 | AC: 12 | T: 12 | FF: 11 | CMB: +1 | CMD: 12 | Fortitude +4 | Reflex +4 | Will +7
Skils:
Diplomacy +12 | Heal +6 | Knowledge(arcane, history, religion) +7 | Knowledge(planes) +9 | Linguistics +6 | Perception +8 | Spellcraft +7

Hailina shifted uncomfortably. "Oh, don't worry about it. Its okay... Whats your name?" She smiled meekly.


Male Elf Male Elf Hedgewitch (Triple Goddess) 3 / Elementalist 1 / Incanter 1 | HP 43/43 | SP 7/7 | AC 21 (FF 18, T 14) | F: +5, R: +7, W: +9 | Init: +3, Perc: +11

"Oh come now, I thought it was sweet." The Tall Elf says with a grin as he surveys the table.

"He's obviously trying to make her feel more at home and comfortable sitting with a group of strangers."

He lowers his head to smile at the smaller pair. "Easiest way to do that in my opinion is stop being strangers. I'm Lanaral, pleased to meet you."


stats:
HP: 35 | Init: +1 | Channel(3d6) 10/10 | Bound Nexus 7/7 | Spell Points 9/10 | AC: 12 | T: 12 | FF: 11 | CMB: +1 | CMD: 12 | Fortitude +4 | Reflex +4 | Will +7
Skils:
Diplomacy +12 | Heal +6 | Knowledge(arcane, history, religion) +7 | Knowledge(planes) +9 | Linguistics +6 | Perception +8 | Spellcraft +7

Hailia nods. "Im.. uh.. Hailina. Pleased to meet you, too." She blushed. All of this attention made her feel even more uncomfortable.

Dark Archive

Game left due to change in work situation

"Chalice. A pleasure, I'm sure," she said with a tinge of sarcasm. Of course, everything she's said has been with the same tone so perhaps that was just her manner of speaking. It matched her resting b$+&~ face if nothing else.

She glanced at the halfling who seemed to be doing a poor job of hiding her discomfort and shrugged. From what she could tell, no one at the table was making the halfling feel particularly comfortable.


Vitals:
HP: 46/46 | AC: 15; T: 15; FF: 13; CMD: 14 | Fort: + 3; Ref: +4; Will: +5 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init: +2; Perc: +2; Stealth +14
Spells, Etc:
dancing lights, detect thoughts, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals | Spell Points 9/11 | Shadowstuff 8/8 | Truesight 1/1
Gnome Fey Adept 5

"Exactly! Who doesn't enjoy a bit of legerdemain?" Gow asks as he deftly produces, and then vanishes a copper piece. It reappears a moment later under his mug. Levitating it back to his hand, he begins idly rolling it across his knuckles. "It's nice to meet you both."


Male Half-orc Thaumaturge/5 | HP: 55/55 | SP: 6/9 | AC 18/16f/12t | F+4 R+4 W+5 | Init +2 | Percep +0

A rough grumble comes from the half-orc. "Hello, everyone. The name's Davak, or so they tell me." His very dark eyes, intense but not fierce, take everyone in. "I'm exploring these wonderful Brightlands up here. What are you all doing?"


stats:
HP: 35 | Init: +1 | Channel(3d6) 10/10 | Bound Nexus 7/7 | Spell Points 9/10 | AC: 12 | T: 12 | FF: 11 | CMB: +1 | CMD: 12 | Fortitude +4 | Reflex +4 | Will +7
Skils:
Diplomacy +12 | Heal +6 | Knowledge(arcane, history, religion) +7 | Knowledge(planes) +9 | Linguistics +6 | Perception +8 | Spellcraft +7

Hailina shifts nervously. "I travel where I think I might be needed."


Male Elf Male Elf Hedgewitch (Triple Goddess) 3 / Elementalist 1 / Incanter 1 | HP 43/43 | SP 7/7 | AC 21 (FF 18, T 14) | F: +5, R: +7, W: +9 | Init: +3, Perc: +11

"I go wherever feels right. You might say I'm a traveler too.

Dark Archive

Game left due to change in work situation

"I'm on vacation."


lvl 5 mgkt/elmt SP 7/8 CL 4 HP 27/27 - AC 21 - Perc +12 - Ini +2

Another gnome, at the barkeep's direction, sits down at the table.

"Hello all! Sorry to intrude, but the barkeep said to sit here. I'm Silva by the way." She speaks in a rather upbeat fashion.

"Any interesting news?"


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

I'll give it the rest of today, and push the story line forward tomorrow morning (Friday).

Dark Archive

Game left due to change in work situation

"Well, Guppy here thinks Shortie is a cutie, and the Elf is amused by the interaction, and the Big Guy here is exploring the area. So not much in the form of news. The wine is decent, if that counts."


lvl 5 mgkt/elmt SP 7/8 CL 4 HP 27/27 - AC 21 - Perc +12 - Ini +2

"Well, that's dissapointing." suddenly realizing how that sounded, she quickly explaines, " Oh not you all, it is just that I've been looking for a solo combat contract, but haven't had much luck. I kinda need to complete a contract myself so I can qualify for officer rank." she fiddles with her ring while she talks. Then she addresses Chalice, "So, what about you? Just here for the wine?"

Dark Archive

Game left due to change in work situation

Chalice raises her cup in a mock-up toast and takes another sip. "That and the conversation, clearly," she says rather dryly. It really may just be that her tone matches that sour expression on her face, rather than any actual disdain for the others at the table. Early frown wrinkles are likely in her future if she doesn't smooth out that slight permanent scowl.


Male Half-orc Thaumaturge/5 | HP: 55/55 | SP: 6/9 | AC 18/16f/12t | F+4 R+4 W+5 | Init +2 | Percep +0

Davak is listening to the others talk while eating his meal with a minimal amount of manners. "Hey, is this that 'chicken' I've heard so much about?" he asks. "Tastes like lizard."


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 101d4 ⇒ 3
While sitting and talking among yourselves, a man, obviously a farmer of some sort walks into the tavern, and walks up to the table wringing the cap in his hands.

"Ladies and Lords, I believe something has happened to my wife and children. They should have been home hours ago from the market in Geasow. The market has been closed several hours and Dagmar would have brought Randolf, Ingrid and Brigitta home straight away. It will be dark in less than two hours and she is the head of the village’s militia. She would never keep the children out this close to sun down. Please find them before the dark things that roam the night woods do."


lvl 5 mgkt/elmt SP 7/8 CL 4 HP 27/27 - AC 21 - Perc +12 - Ini +2

Quite excitedly, "Is that an offer of employment? Why, I think Sez and I can help out. Of course, the contract must be done proper. I am Silva Val'Hilzanvier, sergeant of the Westland Warders. What's the pay?" Silvia is at this point standing on her chair looking at the man somewhat level.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 3
Looking somewhat shocked at the request for payment, the farmer responds, "My wife and kids took our hand cart filled with potatoes to sell this morning. The road is slow with the full cart but they would be returning easily with it empty from a good market day. I will be happy to share the market coin with you. If more is needed, I can give you my great grandmother’s earrings, which you could sell, but I will have to go back to our house to get them."


Male Half-orc Thaumaturge/5 | HP: 55/55 | SP: 6/9 | AC 18/16f/12t | F+4 R+4 W+5 | Init +2 | Percep +0

Davak speaks up. "I would be happy to help find your family. But I am not from around here; how does one get to Geasow?"


lvl 5 mgkt/elmt SP 7/8 CL 4 HP 27/27 - AC 21 - Perc +12 - Ini +2

"A share of the market coin is more than enough. Well, it is today. I just need to complete a valid contract, and payment makes it valid." she says, trying to be reassuring, though perhaps it wasn't that reassuring.

Looking to the table, "Anyone else coming, or will it be just me and the big guy?"

Dark Archive

Game left due to change in work situation

Chalice sets her glass of wine down when the man approaches them calling her a "Lady". It was the formal title of respect she was fairly certain she was due, regardless of if she'd earned it or not.

"Never let it be said that I, Lady Chalice Zaurreth, ever let a man in need go unaided when there is a promise of coin. No point in dilly dallying; the sooner we leave, the sooner we get paid they are back home safely!"


Vitals:
HP: 46/46 | AC: 15; T: 15; FF: 13; CMD: 14 | Fort: + 3; Ref: +4; Will: +5 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init: +2; Perc: +2; Stealth +14
Spells, Etc:
dancing lights, detect thoughts, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals | Spell Points 9/11 | Shadowstuff 8/8 | Truesight 1/1
Gnome Fey Adept 5

Gow leaps to his feet. "Missing children? A family in need? Of course I'll help!"


stats:
HP: 35 | Init: +1 | Channel(3d6) 10/10 | Bound Nexus 7/7 | Spell Points 9/10 | AC: 12 | T: 12 | FF: 11 | CMB: +1 | CMD: 12 | Fortitude +4 | Reflex +4 | Will +7
Skils:
Diplomacy +12 | Heal +6 | Knowledge(arcane, history, religion) +7 | Knowledge(planes) +9 | Linguistics +6 | Perception +8 | Spellcraft +7

Hailina looks at the man. "I guess I could help, for coin..."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Elf Male Elf Hedgewitch (Triple Goddess) 3 / Elementalist 1 / Incanter 1 | HP 43/43 | SP 7/7 | AC 21 (FF 18, T 14) | F: +5, R: +7, W: +9 | Init: +3, Perc: +11

"I'm always happy to lend a hand. No coin needed."


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 91d4 ⇒ 3

"Follow the road north out of town for two hours to reach Geasow. The market is in the center of town. You could make it in an hour if you hurry."


stats:
HP: 35 | Init: +1 | Channel(3d6) 10/10 | Bound Nexus 7/7 | Spell Points 9/10 | AC: 12 | T: 12 | FF: 11 | CMB: +1 | CMD: 12 | Fortitude +4 | Reflex +4 | Will +7
Skils:
Diplomacy +12 | Heal +6 | Knowledge(arcane, history, religion) +7 | Knowledge(planes) +9 | Linguistics +6 | Perception +8 | Spellcraft +7

Hailina Quietly finishes her drink and hops to the ground. Waiting for the others, she pulls her hair out of her face.

-Posted with Wayfinder


lvl 5 mgkt/elmt SP 7/8 CL 4 HP 27/27 - AC 21 - Perc +12 - Ini +2

Silva heads for the door. After a moment, she can be heard recounting the mission to someone outside, in quite a bit of excitement.


Male Half-orc Thaumaturge/5 | HP: 55/55 | SP: 6/9 | AC 18/16f/12t | F+4 R+4 W+5 | Init +2 | Percep +0

"All right folks; whoever all is going, let's go," Davak says as he stands up. "Or, does anyone need to prepare before we go?"

If no one mentions any preparation, Davak also heads out.

Dark Archive

Game left due to change in work situation

Chalice picks her wine glass back up and knocks down the last of it before setting back down on the table with a hard clack that likely threatened to brake the stemware.

"Off we are then. Err..." Chalice leans in close to the distressed husband, discretely speaking low near his ear "You should dig up those earrings."

With that, she's out the door with the others.


Male Elf Male Elf Hedgewitch (Triple Goddess) 3 / Elementalist 1 / Incanter 1 | HP 43/43 | SP 7/7 | AC 21 (FF 18, T 14) | F: +5, R: +7, W: +9 | Init: +3, Perc: +11

Lanaral finishes his wine then gets up and stretches before easily catching up.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 131d4 ⇒ 3
Traveling along the north road for about an hour, you see ahead of you a cart that is overturned, and it looks like its contents, potatoes, are scattered. Three men are picking up the potatoes and seeing your approach, turn and run into the woods to the west.

Next?


Male Elf Male Elf Hedgewitch (Triple Goddess) 3 / Elementalist 1 / Incanter 1 | HP 43/43 | SP 7/7 | AC 21 (FF 18, T 14) | F: +5, R: +7, W: +9 | Init: +3, Perc: +11

Lanaral chases after them calling on them to stop. "Hold fellows!"


lvl 5 mgkt/elmt SP 7/8 CL 4 HP 27/27 - AC 21 - Perc +12 - Ini +2

Silva, riding a rather unusual and talkative mount, a winged cat of some sort, stays out front, taking a scout position.

She investigates the cart while the elf tracks down the runners, looking for signs if this cart was subject of bandits or just an accident. Who owned the cart, those two, or someone else?


Vitals:
HP: 46/46 | AC: 15; T: 15; FF: 13; CMD: 14 | Fort: + 3; Ref: +4; Will: +5 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init: +2; Perc: +2; Stealth +14
Spells, Etc:
dancing lights, detect thoughts, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals | Spell Points 9/11 | Shadowstuff 8/8 | Truesight 1/1
Gnome Fey Adept 5

Gow (after changing form into something a bit more suitable for travel - a female Halfling) follows along behind.


Male Half-orc Thaumaturge/5 | HP: 55/55 | SP: 6/9 | AC 18/16f/12t | F+4 R+4 W+5 | Init +2 | Percep +0

Davak is trying to see where the men went, and what might have happened to the cart. If it just looks like the cart turned over, he'll try to right it, and re-fill it with the potatoes.

Dark Archive

Game left due to change in work situation

Chalice held up a hand and called out to the apparent potato takers.

"Wait right there, where do you think you're going? You stay put!"

She dashes towards the cart, staring after the runners. She's certainly not abut to go on a foot chase through the woods.


stats:
HP: 35 | Init: +1 | Channel(3d6) 10/10 | Bound Nexus 7/7 | Spell Points 9/10 | AC: 12 | T: 12 | FF: 11 | CMB: +1 | CMD: 12 | Fortitude +4 | Reflex +4 | Will +7
Skils:
Diplomacy +12 | Heal +6 | Knowledge(arcane, history, religion) +7 | Knowledge(planes) +9 | Linguistics +6 | Perception +8 | Spellcraft +7

Hailina looks around the cart for injured persons.

"Anyone need help? Healing?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 61d4 ⇒ 4
Lanaral gives chase to the three men running away from the cart, and after about 100 feet from the cart, just before the open area becomes thick woods, catches up to them.

"Please sir, we found the cart like that. We are just hungry and need the food" they tell him as they cower up against a tree.

The rest of you go to the cart, and see that the handcart was turned over, apparently during a scuffle, and a rotting human corpse lays about ten feet beyond the cart. There are easily seen tracks leading off to the east into the woods.

Halina calls out to see if there is anyone wounded that needs help or healing.

Next??


Male Half-orc Thaumaturge/5 | HP: 55/55 | SP: 6/9 | AC 18/16f/12t | F+4 R+4 W+5 | Init +2 | Percep +0

Davak looks at the corpse briefly, but probably can't tell anything about it (unless it's actually an aberration corpse or some weird ooze). Davak rights the cart and replaces the potatoes until those who chased after the other men come back.

Dark Archive

Game left due to change in work situation

"Ew," Chalice sneers with distaste at the corpse near the cart.

"Halina, unless you can heal the dead, I think we're passed the need for heals."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Any bits of identification or clues on/near the body.


lvl 5 mgkt/elmt SP 7/8 CL 4 HP 27/27 - AC 21 - Perc +12 - Ini +2

Silva's mount, by this time revealed to be Sez, helped right the cart and start putting the good potatoes back in.

Silva, with a hankerchief over her nose, investigates the body. She is no expert, but she hopes to at least determine whether the cause of death was a weapon, like a sword, or an animal/monster attack, or potentially worse if no outward wounds are perceptable.


stats:
HP: 35 | Init: +1 | Channel(3d6) 10/10 | Bound Nexus 7/7 | Spell Points 9/10 | AC: 12 | T: 12 | FF: 11 | CMB: +1 | CMD: 12 | Fortitude +4 | Reflex +4 | Will +7
Skils:
Diplomacy +12 | Heal +6 | Knowledge(arcane, history, religion) +7 | Knowledge(planes) +9 | Linguistics +6 | Perception +8 | Spellcraft +7

Hailina kneels by the corpse.
Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Elf Male Elf Hedgewitch (Triple Goddess) 3 / Elementalist 1 / Incanter 1 | HP 43/43 | SP 7/7 | AC 21 (FF 18, T 14) | F: +5, R: +7, W: +9 | Init: +3, Perc: +11

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

That's probably high enough for me to get an accurate impression

1 to 50 of 143 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Papa.DRB -- SoP Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.