DM Khel's Deepmarket Deception (Inactive)

Game Master Khelreddin


1 to 50 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

| DM | Absalom Initiation

Dotmarket.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human Barbarian 9 (w/Rage) | HP 100/100(+18) | AC 20 Tch 11 FF 18 | Fort +12 Ref +8* Will +10 | CMD 25 | Init +2 Perc +12 | Rage 17/17

.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 7 [ HP 49/49 (14 NL) | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 15 | Init +3 Perc +12 | Effects: 3 Con damage | Benedict 51/51 (26 NL), 3 Con Damage ]

Nomedot.

Dark Archive

NG Half-Elf Inspired Gloom Chymist 7 | HP 25/45 | AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Gloom +10 4d6+6 10/11/day , Melee: +5 Sickle/Club 1d6 | Extracts: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4 3rd 0/1| Active conditions: Barkskin +3, Heightened Awareness

Gloomdot

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused

Stepping through the door is a figure outfitted in well-broken traveling clothes, worn neatly in the Kelish style, that hint at a sturdy frame underneath--or perhaps only heavily armored. A thick scarf obscures much of the visitor's face, revealing only attentive, golden irises set in a heavily tanned visage and a hint of a tattoo on one cheek.

After surveying the room's contents, the stranger produces an intricate silver timepiece from a hidden pocket and checks the hour. Satisfied, the figure returns the instrument and stands patiently to wait.

The Exchange

Tiefling Summoner 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 19 (+4 with shield) | T 13 | FF 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Perc +7

Dot.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

As the early dawn’s light crests over the Wall of Heaven mountain range, the Lantern Lodge is already bustling with activity. The sound of clashing swords echoes in the air from a nearby training area, and a group of Pathfinder agents silently meditate in the front courtyard. The lodge’s doors open to reveal a long corridor, and a faint floral aroma wafts gently in the air. Sturdy shelves laden with artifacts from all corners of Tian Xia line the corridor’s walls. Clad in an elegant, cherry-red kimono, Venture-Captain Amara Li emerges from a door labeled “Taldor Room.”

“Good morning, Pathfinders. I hope your travels have been safe and enjoyable,” Li says, her tone as gracious as her movements are graceful. “Please, come inside.” The Taldor Room is an opulent meeting space with a solid mahogany table and ornately carved chairs. Its walls are adorned with ornamental weapons and portraits of noble families in resplendent finery. Elegant porcelain teacups and plates sit in front of each chair, and several platters of fruit, cakes, and cheeses occupy the center of the table, surrounding a steaming pot of tea.

The venture-captain pours a cup of tea for each of the assembled Pathfinders, then one for herself. She takes a moment to inhale the delicately scented steam, then continues, “As I’m sure you are aware, the Grand Lodge was attacked a few months ago. Since then, the Society has been following any and all leads that could help us find and arrest the Aspis criminals behind the assault. From Varisia to Nirmathas to Absalom itself, the Society has successfully gathered a substantial amount of information about Aspis operations. We have combined our own resources with the reports of a turncoat within the Consortium whom we have taken to calling ‘Three Rings’ to create a list of vital Aspis operatives all across Golarion. One in particular, Tseka, lives beneath Goka, in a warren of tunnels and ruins called Undermarket. Specifically, she lives in its deepest levels, known as Deepmarket. Tseka works from the shadows, and makes most of her profits from black market trades.”

“Deepmarket is a dark and dangerous community of criminals, thieves, and outcasts,” Li continues, after pausing once again to sip and savor her tea. ”Those who don’t know the area or don’t have connections to protect them make easy targets. I recommend using a little subterfuge to help yourselves blend in, and to give Tseka as little time to prepare for your approach as possible.” The venture-captain places a small wooden chest on the table and says, “To get inside Deepmarket, I propose that you pose as smugglers bringing in a fresh round of contraband. Once there, find Tseka. We know that she has valuable information, so do everything in your power to bring her back alive, and collect whatever documents you find in her base of operations. I do not know where within Deepmarket she resides. Gather what information you can from the locals in Undermarket, and seek out a guide to help you navigate these treacherous waters. Do you have any questions?”

The chest contains a total of 7 pieces of contraband—a dose of blue whinnis poison, a pistol from Alkenstar, a piece of bawdy artwork depicting a Gokan celebrity, jade unholy symbols of Fumeiyoshi, Lady Nanbyo, and Lamashtu, and an engraved darkwood box containing half a dozen oracular fingerbones smuggled out of Po Li. Amara also provides a disguise kit and two scrolls of disguise self.

Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local), DC 10+:

Almost anything can be found in the black markets of Undermarket under Goka, including drugs, poisons, gambling, slaves, and even firearms.

Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local), DC 15+:

Rumors hold that one of the many entrances into Undermarket resides inside a silk shop named the Cresting Blossom. Ordinary customers use currency to purchase wares; however, those who provide contraband to the proprietor gain access to a secret tunnel leading far beneath the city.

Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local), DC 20+:

Whispers from the ratfolk of Undermarket tell of the Aspis Consortium’s renewed recruitment efforts in the last few months.

Knowledge (dungeoneering or geography), DC 10+:

Undermarket is comprised of large caverns. A canal flows through it, allowing contraband shipments to flow in from the Embaral Ocean.

Knowledge (dungeoneering or geography), DC 15+:

Deeper into Undermarket, lost crypts, burial chambers, and ancient churches liter the ominous caverns. Even locations that seem to be abandoned are frequently repurposed.

Knowledge (dungeoneering or geography), DC 20+:

Rumors hold that an entrance into the Darklands resides in Deepmarket, hidden among the dozens of tunnels that wind down for miles into the darkness.

And we’re off! Please take a moment to describe and introduce yourself as we get going.

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused

Diplomacy (gather info): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

The tanned stranger removes the scarf at the offer of tea, revealing a fair, if hard-faced, woman with burnished copper-brown hair. An intricate tattoo of a golden key adorns her cheek. "I am not called Idgethun of the Highways for nothing," she nods, "and my travels have even taken me to this fine far city of Goka. I know of this place, the Undermarket." Her accent is slight but noticeable, a mix of Kelish and Osiriani and something else. "Some of my clients have used an entrance that is not far from here."

She sips lightly from the cup. "I have even heard," and here she smiles, "that the Aspis have been busy recruiting."

She waves off the offer of a disguise. Her reputation as a professional caravan leader, merchant, and protector make her a natural fit for this mission. Though some followers of Abadar might frown on using contraband, Idgethun takes a more practical view that commerce is commerce, and there are many crimes more heinous than mere smuggling.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human Barbarian 9 (w/Rage) | HP 100/100(+18) | AC 20 Tch 11 FF 18 | Fort +12 Ref +8* Will +10 | CMD 25 | Init +2 Perc +12 | Rage 17/17

Dressed in noble finery, the barrel-chested figure of a Taldan man stands over a head above the Venture-Captain. The hilt of a greatsword pokes above the tall man's shoulders, becoming more evident when he bows. "Venture-Captain, you can rest assured that I, Baron Gavin de Roche, and my companions will see this task through."

Diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

"I have heard the same tales, Idgethun," Gavin continues, taking a disguise kit with the hope that someone in the group is capable in its use. To Amara Li he says, "I presume we are to expect the usual Aspis scum then? No other dangers intent on silencing Pathfinders, right?"

He absently pets a large mastiff, obediently sitting beside him.


Male N Dog Companion | HP 85/85 | AC 26 Tch 14 FF 22 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +6* | CMD 25 | Init +4 Perc +9 (Scent)

"Woof!" Gavin's animal companion chimes in, as it adding its voice to the conversation somehow helps.

Dark Archive

NG Half-Elf Inspired Gloom Chymist 7 | HP 25/45 | AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Gloom +10 4d6+6 10/11/day , Melee: +5 Sickle/Club 1d6 | Extracts: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4 3rd 0/1| Active conditions: Barkskin +3, Heightened Awareness

Kn: Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

”And I’m not called Drizz’n for nothing either.” A scrappy half-elf dressed all in black scratches an unshaven chin. Dark rings circle his eyes. He doesn’t sit in his chair so much as droop across it like a wet noodle. “I was born in the Darklands. I know all about the Undermarket, or Undermacht, as we say.”

Drizz’n gives a pompous smile.

”A canal flows through it, allowing contraband shipments to flow in from the Embaral Ocean. Deeper into Undermarket, lost crypts, burial chambers, and ancient churches liter the ominous caverns. Even locations that seem to be abandoned are frequently repurposed.” He narrows his eyes as he sureveys the group.”Rumors hold that an entrance into the Darklands resides in Deepmarket, hidden among the dozens of tunnels that wind down for miles into the darkness. But, you probably wouldn’t understand.”

You would all know, from gossip and eye-rolls around the grand lodge, that Drizz’n’s real name is Kevin and he’s a total half-Drow poser.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

The Venture-Captain's eyes widen a moment as Buster contributes to the conversation, then widen still further as she realizes just how many animals appear to have joined her for tea. She raises a hand as if to shoo the dog off the furniture, but turns the gesture into a graceful sweep of her hand towards the tea pot. "More tea, anyone?" she asks as she considers Gavin's question.

"I appear to have chosen my team well, as you are well-informed even about such a little-known place as the Undermarket." She gives Drizz'n a brief, sideways glance, but discretion restrains her once again as she makes no comment on his supposed heritage. "As Kevin has kindly informed us, it is said that the area contains ancient passageways that connect to the Darklands. Over the years, many of that subterranean realm’s denizens have made these tunnels their homes, though I have no more specific information than that. As I have said, I strongly recommend finding a guide to avoid getting lost in the warren - unless Kevin feels he could lead the way.”

Sipping her tea, which seems to restore her serene demeanor, she adds, "Though a local guide would probably be best, as outsiders are unlikely to know which places and people to avoid - but be careful whom you trust below the city. Unscrupulous individuals prey on travelers, picking their pockets or leading them into ambushes.”

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused

Idgethun smiles wider and sips again. "My other nickname is also well-earned." Thiefbane. "Has any intelligence reached your ears regarding the Aspis hideout and operations? Their strength? Their defenses?"

Dark Archive

NG Half-Elf Inspired Gloom Chymist 7 | HP 25/45 | AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Gloom +10 4d6+6 10/11/day , Melee: +5 Sickle/Club 1d6 | Extracts: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4 3rd 0/1| Active conditions: Barkskin +3, Heightened Awareness

Kevin visibly cringes each time Amara Li uses his "surface" name.

"I could lead us. I mean, I could totally lead myself, like, no problem, like a shadow's shadow. But I've got all these topsiders with me."

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

"So, we should probably get a guide, just to make it safe. I mean, I don't want the mission to get all ruined because people don't know what they're doing in the Undermacht."

The Exchange

Tiefling Summoner 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 19 (+4 with shield) | T 13 | FF 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Perc +7

A tall, handsome Vudrani man walks into the room. Upon closer inspection, his nonhuman heritage is revealed. Amber, catlike eyes stare with a cunning not entirely of this world, and as he reaches to adjust his hair one notices that the fingers on his left hand bend backwards. On his left arm, the two hands of the Exchange and the grinning coin of Mammon show his obvious devotion to wealth and trade. On his other arm, a tattoo of a snake twists down from his shoulder, it's fanged maw ending on his hand. He says in a dulcet voice, "Greetings friends, apologies for my tardiness. I am Rakhshara, servant of wealth, Mammon, and the Exchange."

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 7 [ HP 49/49 (14 NL) | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 15 | Init +3 Perc +12 | Effects: 3 Con damage | Benedict 51/51 (26 NL), 3 Con Damage ]

The massive grizzly bear in the corner of the tea room tilts its head at the mastiff's bark, but continues to relax on its haunches and shows no sign of being disturbed by the dog's presence. Turning its shaggy head this way and that, the bear seems to be looking for someone or something nearby.

"Hold still!" comes a high-pitched voice from the direction of the bear's head. A moment later, a small gnome appears astride the big grizzly's back, holding a thorn daintily between her fingers. She climbs slowly down and deposits the thorn in a pouch at her belt before pausing to look around at the others. "Oh! Hello there. I'm very sorry, I didn't realize the meeting had started! Jadrek had a terrible thorn, and I was so very busy trying to get it out..." the gnome trails off and her eyes widen at the sight and smell of the tea. "Oh, my! Yormundberry tea — it's been ages since I last had any of that! Where did you get it? It has such a lovely flavor, doesn't it? And the smell... it's certainly one of my favorite teas ever!"

A snuffing at the door fortunately interrupts the gnome's passionate monologue, causing her to look up and frown slightly. "Benedict, I told you to stay outside," she says, her lips pursing in a thoughtful expression. "Now, either you go out there and keep Gregarious company, or else... well, maybe I'll send you to stay with Uncle Boryboryburzgl!"

A soft whine is heard from the other side of the door, and then the retreating shuffle of furry footsteps. The gnome sighs in relief and sips her tea as she ponders what she's heard of this mission so far.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


| DM | Absalom Initiation

”I’m afraid I’ve told you all I know of the Aspis presence in Undermarket,” Li responds to Idgethun, ”which is why the information Tseka holds will be of such value." The venture-captain’s lips purse slightly as Drizz’n offers his further opinions on whether a guide will be needed and she says crisply, ”Yes, do get a guide.”

As Rakshara enters the Taldor Room, Li bows graciously and offers a cup of tea, the pot somehow still steaming warmly even after sitting on the table for quite some time now. When Zirt makes her appearance at last, a faint smile crosses Li’s serene expression before she speaks. ”It is rather a wonder that you all travel with enough animals that I failed to notice an untended bear in the corner of the room,” she remarks drily. ”Though I see it was not untended at all. Yes, the tea does have yormundberry leaf in it, among other things. It is a family recipe, created by my great grandmother.”

The interruption caused by animals calling at the door causes a brief look of dismay on the venture-captain’s face, and her expression seems to convey her thoughts for an instant – There are animals calling at the door of the Taldor Room, in my lodge! – but once again she calls on some inner reserve of serenity and, taking a quiet, deep breath, she says, ”If there are no further questions, I’ll leave you to make your preparations.”

You can do any shopping or other prep now. You’ll want to think a bit about how to most effectively disguise yourselves as folk who would fit in suitably in the Undermarket – you’ve got some supplies for that, and can get more if needed. When you’re ready, I’ll roll Disguise checks for you, so please give me your bonuses once spells, disguise kits, assistance from friendly pets, etc. are calculated.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human Barbarian 9 (w/Rage) | HP 100/100(+18) | AC 20 Tch 11 FF 18 | Fort +12 Ref +8* Will +10 | CMD 25 | Init +2 Perc +12 | Rage 17/17

"Very good, Venture-Captain," Gavin says, bowing. With a sharp whistle he calls Buster to his side and the two depart.

Once it becomes apparent to the Baron that a disguise will be an important part of this mission, he looks over his meager funds. His mind flashes back to a moment in time. One where a greataxe struck his head, and then he woke in a completely different place, stripped of gear that had funded his return to life. The warrior shakes his head, and hunts for a bargain magical item that will help disguise him.

Eventually he stumbles upon a halfling hatter, who talks up a storm about all his wares until he comes upon a simple, threadbare cap. "And this will disguise even me? I'm kind of big, you know. Some even say I could be a size category larger." When the vendor nods vigorously, they exchange gold for the hat.

Buying a Cap of Human Guise (800gp). Essentially it's a poor man's Hat of Disguise, but with some limits. The default look he'll go for will be poor halfling street urchin.

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Cleric/7 (HP: 45/45) | Init: +1 | AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 19 | Perception +9 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +9 (+2 vs Illusion) | CMB: +4 | CMD: 16 | reroll 1/1

A rather shabbily dressed gnome eases into the room. "Sorry for my tardiness, but Gavin's directions were abysmal." Bodo glares at Gavin. "I see we're leaving and the tea is cold. No matter! Smiley and I are ready for whatever may come."

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Cleric/7 (HP: 45/45) | Init: +1 | AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 19 | Perception +9 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +9 (+2 vs Illusion) | CMB: +4 | CMD: 16 | reroll 1/1

Bodo is buying Sleeves of Many Garments

"I hate to spend good money on silly things like clothing, but these silly looking wraps can do anything. Quite a bargain really..."

When he thinks no one is looking, Bodo changes his ratty ensemble to the finest fashion and admires himself in the mirror.

Dark Archive

NG Half-Elf Inspired Gloom Chymist 7 | HP 25/45 | AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Gloom +10 4d6+6 10/11/day , Melee: +5 Sickle/Club 1d6 | Extracts: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4 3rd 0/1| Active conditions: Barkskin +3, Heightened Awareness

Drizz’n will go ahead and buy a Hat of Disguise and attempt to disguise himself as a Drow. But then, despite how amazing he looks, he’ll change his mind and explain that actually he shouldn’t disguise himself as a Drow because that would be too intimidating, although he could totally pull it off. He might actually draw more attention to the party. So, he’ll disguise himself as a half-Drow instead. But then he’ll change his mind again, explaining that if he was going to go as a half-Drow, then, come on, he may as well just go as himself. So, in the end he will disguise himself as himself, but a dirtier, grittier looking version with a scar across one eye and a few teeth missing. And then he’ll talk about how awesome this is going to be and pump his fists in the air.

A +10 to disguise

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 7 [ HP 49/49 (14 NL) | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 15 | Init +3 Perc +12 | Effects: 3 Con damage | Benedict 51/51 (26 NL), 3 Con Damage ]

"Oh, do you think I should disguise myself as an animal seller?" asks Zirt, thoughtfully. Jadrek yawns, and the gnome frowns. "Gregarious and Benedict would help, I'm sure. What will you all be disguised as? This is so much fun!"

She seems rather distracted, and doesn't appear to notice the newly-arrived Bodo.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Welcome, Bodo!

A few things for all of y'all: I didn't know about the cap of human guise, that's excellent. The sleeves of many garments, oddly enough, don't actually give any mechanical benefit to a Disguise check. There are still two scrolls of disguise self, which Zirt can use and Rakshara or others can UMD. There's a Disguise Kit with 10 uses, which grants a +2 circumstance bonus to any disguise and stacks with disguise self. And I'm okay with you doing Aid Another on your disguises if you want, though I'm inclined to just allow one Aid roll per disguise - though if someone really needs the help, I guess you could pile the Aid bonuses on that person.

Dark Archive

NG Half-Elf Inspired Gloom Chymist 7 | HP 25/45 | AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Gloom +10 4d6+6 10/11/day , Melee: +5 Sickle/Club 1d6 | Extracts: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4 3rd 0/1| Active conditions: Barkskin +3, Heightened Awareness

OK, so if I understand, Drizz’n can use some makeup from a disguise kit to make himself look like an even scarier undermarket smuggler, and that will add another +2, taking his total to +12.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human Barbarian 9 (w/Rage) | HP 100/100(+18) | AC 20 Tch 11 FF 18 | Fort +12 Ref +8* Will +10 | CMD 25 | Init +2 Perc +12 | Rage 17/17

When Gavin tries out the cap, he places the small thing on his head and says the activation word. "Zip-dilly."

It was obviously crafted by a gnome.

Before the group is a grimy looking halfling with dark hair and one crooked eye. When it speaks, Gavin's voice comes through. "I can't help but feel like the disguise kit will help augment this. But if we're going to play pretend, I think I can manage pretending to be your assistant, Zirt. I know my way around animals too, and we can just pretend that Buster is part of your menagerie."

With the amount of uses the kit gives, it makes sense for everyone to get a +2. Gavin will be at a +13 Disguise. But he'll not be much help keeping a lie going, so he'll take a back seat to any Bluffs.

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused

Idgethun reties her heavy scarf over her face, this time covering her tattoo entirely. She gazes thoughtfully at the disguise kit.

I would like to make a case to the GM to use Profession (merchant) as an alternative check. Idgethun's background is that of a caravan guard who has eventually worked her way to caravan leader, and has bought and sold all manner of goods all over Golarion. The Undermarket is also a place where goods are bought and sold; perhaps she could even use the Disguise kit to modify her appearance to more 'Tien/black market' oriented accouterments. Thoughts?


| DM | Absalom Initiation

You sure you didn't just come up with that background as part of your rebuild to fit perfectly with this mission? ;)

I think that's a valid proposal, you can use your Profession skill, with a +2 from the disguise kit. I'll still roll it like a Disguise check, so just tell me the total bonus.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 7 [ HP 49/49 (14 NL) | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 15 | Init +3 Perc +12 | Effects: 3 Con damage | Benedict 51/51 (26 NL), 3 Con Damage ]

Idgethun (no DMs allowed):
Quick, come up with an argument for me to get to use Perform (Percussion) with the spoons instead of Disguise!

The Exchange

Tiefling Summoner 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 19 (+4 with shield) | T 13 | FF 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Perc +7

Rakhshara uses the makeup from the disguise kit to cover up some of his nonhuman features, although the backwards-bending hand and cat eyes are a bit diffucult to hide.

Disguise: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused

Ha! Nah, I have had this character concept for a while. I even have a GM baby named "Caravan Guard," which will now grow up to be someone else someday.

Idgethun sorts through the kit and selects a set of Tien shawls, which she uses to cover up the more obvious Kelish and Garundi motifs on her clothing. Total bonus +9.

Zirt:
Ooh! I have a great idea. If you just... hang on, kettle is boiling. Brb.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 7 [ HP 49/49 (14 NL) | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 15 | Init +3 Perc +12 | Effects: 3 Con damage | Benedict 51/51 (26 NL), 3 Con Damage ]

Idgethun:
Kettle? What kind of tea ya brewing?

Zirt would be happy to use a scroll of disguise self, but probably won't need it once Idgethun gets back from her tea.

Idgethun:
HINT HINT. THAT'S YOUR CUE.

Zirt claps her hands together joyously at Gavin-the-halfling's suggestion. "Excellent! And is this Buster?" She turns to the mastiff, kneeling and reaching out to let him smell her. "Hello, Buster!" she exclaims with a smile, as if greeting an old friend. "I do hope you're comfortable. Perhaps while we're traveling you can tell me how you and Mister Gavin met, eh?"

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human Barbarian 9 (w/Rage) | HP 100/100(+18) | AC 20 Tch 11 FF 18 | Fort +12 Ref +8* Will +10 | CMD 25 | Init +2 Perc +12 | Rage 17/17

"I could tell you. I'm right here..." the now 3ft tall man waves his hands, as if trying to get attention. "Wow, I had no idea how invisible the smallfolk were. It's a tough life to live."


Male N Dog Companion | HP 85/85 | AC 26 Tch 14 FF 22 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +6* | CMD 25 | Init +4 Perc +9 (Scent)

Buster sniffs Zirt's outstretched hand, looks a moment at Gavin, then puts his head under her hand in the universally understood sign of: Pet me

Dark Archive

NG Half-Elf Inspired Gloom Chymist 7 | HP 25/45 | AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Gloom +10 4d6+6 10/11/day , Melee: +5 Sickle/Club 1d6 | Extracts: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4 3rd 0/1| Active conditions: Barkskin +3, Heightened Awareness

Not wanting to be left out, Drizz'n says: "Oh, guys, check it out. I've got an animal too, kind of." He opens his shirt a bit, flexes his muscles, and what at first appears to be a strange tumorous growth bursts to life on six legs, with snapping pinchers and a spiked tail. It skitters out of Drizzen's clothes and onto his shoulders.

"I call him Prick. I created him when I was practicing my fleshwarping. It's a thing. Everyone is doing it in the Darklands these days."

You may have heard from gossip around the grand lodge though that Kevin thought he'd given himself just a regular tumor at first and spent a week in a hypochondriacal panic.

The fleshy scorpion crawls down Drizz'n's arm onto the table and also gives the universal sign for pet me.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
| DM | Absalom Initiation

As the scorpion-like horror crawls onto her tea table, Amara Li stands abruptly and says, "Right! If you've no further questions, and you have a notion of how to enter Undermarket, I suggest you make your way there promptly."

She gestures with a minimum of grace towards the door leading out of the Taldor Room, next to which a small engraved plaque can be seen, which says 'Maximum Capacity: 10.'

Dark Archive

NG Half-Elf Inspired Gloom Chymist 7 | HP 25/45 | AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Gloom +10 4d6+6 10/11/day , Melee: +5 Sickle/Club 1d6 | Extracts: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4 3rd 0/1| Active conditions: Barkskin +3, Heightened Awareness

"Cool. Fine. Whatever." Drizz'n scoops up Prick and presses presses him back into place. "I knew you guys wouldn't understand..."

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 7 [ HP 49/49 (14 NL) | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 15 | Init +3 Perc +12 | Effects: 3 Con damage | Benedict 51/51 (26 NL), 3 Con Damage ]

Zirt scratches Buster lovingly behind the ears, her kneeling state preventing her from seeing the table-top and Kevin's "pet". Engrossed as she is in befriending the dog, she fails to notice Kevin's tone as he puts Prick away.

Standing quickly when Li speaks, however, the little gnome smiles sweetly at the Venture Captain and offers, "Thank you very much for the delicious tea, Miss Amara. I think we're almost ready... we have a little bit more disguising to do, though. Would you mind very much if we borrowed this room to complete our preparations?"

*whistles innocently*

The Exchange

Tiefling Summoner 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 19 (+4 with shield) | T 13 | FF 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Perc +7

Upon seeing Kevin's "companion" burst forth, Rakhshara says, "If we are announcing our companions, then I suppose I shall bring mine forth." Rakhshara begins chanting in a strange, lilting language, and the snake tattoo on his arm begins to writhe and twist. It slithers off of his arm and grows into a strange creature. Its lower body is that of a cobra, but its upper body is that of a four-armed Vudrani man bedecked in ceremonial armour. It wields four sickles, wickedly sharp, and curved fangs protrude from its lips. It says in a deep voice, heavily accented in a way none have likely heard before, "I greet you master. What is your command?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 7 [ HP 49/49 (14 NL) | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 15 | Init +3 Perc +12 | Effects: 3 Con damage | Benedict 51/51 (26 NL), 3 Con Damage ]

The Venture-Captain is going to love that...

Zirt claps her hands together in excitement as she watches the performance, but continues to wait for Li's response before engaging with the new arrival.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
| DM | Absalom Initiation

As Zirt misses the obvious fact that she and the others have been dismissed, Venture-Captain Li raises her chin and takes on an icy mien, the air around her seeming to thrum with authority as she prepares to deal with the upstart little Pathfinder.

When Rakshara's bizarre eidolon appears, however, its too-many-arms full of sickles - at a tea ceremony - Li gives a quick huff and says, "You know what? Just stay. Stay as long as you like, do your disguise thing. If you all left now the guards would think there was a stampede afoot anyway." Without another word, she heads out the door, clearly making a concerted effort not to stomp her dainty feet, and bringing the population of the room a little closer to its permitted maximum.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 7 [ HP 49/49 (14 NL) | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 15 | Init +3 Perc +12 | Effects: 3 Con damage | Benedict 51/51 (26 NL), 3 Con Damage ]

Does the tumor count toward the occupancy limit when it's in tumor form?

The wee gnome giggles softly as the Venture-Captain leaves, then clears her throat and assumes a severe expression, stomping one little foot for emphasis. "If you left now the guards would think there was a stampede afoot anyway!" she announces to the group, in almost perfect mimicry of Amara Li's tone.

Jadrek the grizzly huffs in amusement, and Zirt breaks down into another fit of helpless giggles.

Perform (Oratory): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Perform (Percussion) (foot stomping): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Truly, a masterful performance.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Human Barbarian 9 (w/Rage) | HP 100/100(+18) | AC 20 Tch 11 FF 18 | Fort +12 Ref +8* Will +10 | CMD 25 | Init +2 Perc +12 | Rage 17/17

Gavin bursts out in laughter, doubled over and holding his stomach. Working to catch his breath, he says, "Can you... Can you believe... that they picked US!"

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Cleric/7 (HP: 45/45) | Init: +1 | AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 19 | Perception +9 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +9 (+2 vs Illusion) | CMB: +4 | CMD: 16 | reroll 1/1

rats, guess Bodo will get the hat of disguise too.

Bodo stares at the door Amara Li closed behind her. His eyes wide, face aghast and a mouth that opens and closes as if words are being formed but not producing sound.

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused
Bodo, Cleric of Ketephys wrote:
rats, guess Bodo will get the hat of disguise too.

I think there is a scroll of disguise self still available. No dice for the croc though.

"The Society must generally 'pick' from among its own," Idgethun replies to Gavin, slightly muffled. "And the Society is rarely attractive to the ordinary sort."

Standing, she claps her hands. "If you all have finished with your dilly-dallying? There is a ship leaving in two days that I would very much like to be on."

Are we ready? I can lead us to the entrance.

Dark Archive

NG Half-Elf Inspired Gloom Chymist 7 | HP 25/45 | AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Gloom +10 4d6+6 10/11/day , Melee: +5 Sickle/Club 1d6 | Extracts: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4 3rd 0/1| Active conditions: Barkskin +3, Heightened Awareness

Ready!

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 7 [ HP 49/49 (14 NL) | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 15 | Init +3 Perc +12 | Effects: 3 Con damage | Benedict 51/51 (26 NL), 3 Con Damage ]

Let's do it.

As the group ventures outside, they're joined by a large, fluffy dog and a lean wolverine. Zirt smiles and greets both animals fondly, taking a moment to climb into the fluffy canine's saddle before following the others.


| DM | Absalom Initiation
Bodo, Cleric of Ketephys wrote:
rats, guess Bodo will get the hat of disguise too.

If you've got other things in mind for your gold, the Cap of Human Guise is only 800, and you can also just take your chances with the Disguise roll. With your 14 Cha and the Disguise Kit, plus an Aid roll from someone, you'll have a +6 bonus. Could work...let me know what you'd like to do, so I can make some Disguise checks.

Also, tell me who's doing Aid checks for whom, and I still need to know what Zirt's total Disguise bonus is.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 7 [ HP 49/49 (14 NL) | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 15 | Init +3 Perc +12 | Effects: 3 Con damage | Benedict 51/51 (26 NL), 3 Con Damage ]

With the scroll, a kit use, and an aid from one of her furry friends, Zirt's at a +19.

Benedict Aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Gregarious Aid: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Jadrek Aid: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18

Yay, go grizzly! The dog and wolverine were probably trying to convince her to roll in something.

Zirt can provide Aid to any of the party who want it.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

It occurs to me we’ve got a moment before the disguise rolls really come into play, so we can get to the next bit while Aid rolls and such happen.

Relying on his knowledge of things mercantile, Igdethun leads the party to the Cresting Blossom, a shop specializing in silk but with a variety of other wares. When the Pathfinders open the door of the shop, the sound of chiming bells greets them. Inside the shop, the proprietor looks up from dusting a large, multicolored glass vase prominently displayed on the counter. The shop’s walls are lined with fine silk tapestries, and its shelves are stocked with fine glasswork.

”Good day to you!” the shopkeep calls out. ”Welcome to the Cresting Blossom! I am Sheng, and I would be honored to show you the finest wares you’ll find anywhere. What merchandise do you seek this day?”

Perception, DC 30:
One of the silken tapestries hanging on the wall behind the counter appears to not have a solid wall behind it, as if it’s concealing an opening about the size of a door.

Dark Archive

NG Half-Elf Inspired Gloom Chymist 7 | HP 25/45 | AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Gloom +10 4d6+6 10/11/day , Melee: +5 Sickle/Club 1d6 | Extracts: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4 3rd 0/1| Active conditions: Barkskin +3, Heightened Awareness

Drizz'n pulls his hood down low to shield his eyes from the morning sun. He slouches in a shadow just outside the gate of the Lantern Lodge and studies his journal, looking at various maps and notes and pretending to consider the best way to the Undermarket. He considers a nearby sewer entrance and then shakes his head. Scratches his chin.

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Darn, crossed posts!

Luckily, Igdethun leads the way!

Drizz'n shuffles inside the Cresting Blossom and looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

He sighs and rolls his eyes at such a typical, boring shop for surface dwellers. "Why did we choose this place?"

1 to 50 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Khel's Deepmarket Deception All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.