Curse of the Crimson Throne with GM Zek

Game Master Zektolna

Maps

Info

Bashiel's Loot Table


5,851 to 5,900 of 6,078 << first < prev | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | next > last >>

Human Male Cleric 11 of Pharasma | HP 82/82 | AC 19 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +8 CMD 18| F +13 R +7 W +16 (+18 vs Charm & Compulsion) | Init +4 | Perc + 18 Human (Varisian) Channel Energy 8d6 8/day (8/8 remaining), Healing/Repose Domains, Rebuke Death 11/day, Healer's Blessing, Gentle Rest 11/day 11/11, Ward Against Death 11/day

Malen shrugged at Bashiel's suggestion to get started. It seemed they had quite a bit of travel ahead of them. While the priest was impatient to get back to Korvosa, it was imperative that they learn of these Teeth to get a better picture of what was befalling the city. These Sklar-Quah seemed the best bet to tell the tale.

Later

Once the group had embarked upon their journey, Malen spoke to the others in the comfortable magical carriage Zamanda had been thoughtful enough to provide. "So, if you all are going to insist upon being ingested by a flaming worm, I have some protections from Pharasma to bestow upon the lucky volunteer. It should keep most if not all of the flames at bay, so you'll only have to worry about the tight fit and cutting yourself out."

The cleric's tone was clearly concerned, but it seemed the shortest path to securing the approval of the Sun Shamans. Hopefully there wouldn't be many surprises on this terrifying creature. It seemed bad enough already.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Urban Bloodrager (11) Buffs (Heroism, Infuse Self, Shield) CMD (31) W (0) HP (109) Saves+2 (11/9/9) Rage (24/25) Fire (3/3) Lvl 1 (3/4) Lvl 2 (1/2) Lvl 3 (1/2) AC34 (26/15/22, +4 Beast Totem, +4 Shield) DR2/Silver, Infernal Resistance (Cold, Fire and Electricity Resistance 7) Initiative (+4) Skills +2: K-Local (+4) Perception, Sense Motive (+11) Diplomacy/Intimidate(+18) Bluff (+20)

”Sounds like fun. Fire never bothered me much anyways. And I’ve got the claws for the job.” Kalem said, somewhat jovially. ”Who knows? They’ve been generous enough already. Maybe they’ll give something neat for the trouble.”

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Mesmerist 11 | HP 96/96 | AC 22; Tch 13; FF 19 | F +7; R +11; W +15 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +1 Sap: +12 (1d6+4) | Perc +14

Ilsa thought it all sounded like a sound plan. At least, as far as an incredibly difficult series of tasks in a foreign land while on a tight deadline could seem like a sound plan.

"Let's get some rest. We're going to need it."


Maps | Info | Bashiel's Loot Table

Thousand Bones explains to Kalem what the paint does.

OOC Explanation:

The Shoanti have developed numerous types of magical war paint, each providing a specific benefit to aid their hunters, warriors, and heroes in a variety of tasks. Shoanti war paint can be applied to any visible part of the body—typically the face, shoulders, legs, or arms. Applying a dose of war paint is a full-round action that provokes an attack of opportunity. Shoanti war paint does not take up a magic item slot, but you can benefit from only one color of Shoanti war paint at a time and applying a dose of a different color replaces the effects of the previous application.

Once Shoanti war paint is applied, its effects last for 24 hours. Below are the eight most common colors and their effects.

Black (1,800 gp): The wearer becomes cloaked in shadows and smoke, gaining the effects of a blur spell.

Blue (900 gp): The wearer gains a 30-foot enhancement bonus to her base move speed.

Green (900 gp): When the wearer uses bardic performance to inspire courage, the morale bonus she grants increases by 1.

Orange (900 gp): The wearer gains damage reduction 1/—. This effect stacks with damage reduction gained via a character class, such as barbarian.

Red (900 gp): The wearer gains fire resistance 10.

Silver (900 gp): The wearer gains a +3 deflection bonus to her AC.

White (1,800 gp): The wearer gains a +4 resistance bonus on all saving throws against energy drain and negative energy. As soon as the wearer takes a negative level from an energy drain attack, the white war paint absorbs the negative level and then fades away, ending the ongoing duration of the paint’s effect immediately.

Yellow (900 gp): The wearer gains a +5 competence bonus on Perception checks.

As for your travel route, Thousand Bones says, “Some of the way will be open plains, facilitating travel methods other than by walking, but much of the way is dunes and rocky ground, making it difficult.”

Once your conversation finishes, the elders insist on you staying for the night and departing in the morning, since darkness has already fallen by the time your meeting has ended. They give you a good meal in the morning before sending you on your way, pointing you in the direction of Cindermaw’s feeding grounds.

Ilsa:

Before you depart, Ash Dancer pulls you aside and says in private, “I sense great turmoil inside of you. Conflicting emotions and shapes and shadows rage within. You seek to tame them, but you are not sure what they are or what taming them might mean. Know this: you are fully in control. Even when it might seem like things are out of your hands, it is still you that is in charge. Should you complete the trials set before you and earn the Sun Shaman’s trust, ask also about yourself. You may yet find the answers that you seek.”

So just heading straight for Cindermaw’s then? Using carriages and walking when necessary?

Dark Archive

Human Mesmerist 11 | HP 96/96 | AC 22; Tch 13; FF 19 | F +7; R +11; W +15 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +1 Sap: +12 (1d6+4) | Perc +14

Sorry--with my trip I had forgotten about the thing with Ash Dancer.

Spoiler:
Ilsa looks back at Ash Dancer and tries to conceal her surprise. "You--are perceptive. I do not know how you know these things, but you are right. These things inside me--you say I am in control, but I am anything but. There is something--someone else--inside me. I can sense it, always right behind me. But--you think the Sun Shaman may be able to help me?" she ask.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Paladin (Ghost Hunter) 11 |AC:27 T:11 FF:26 CMD:27 | HP: 24/90 | F+14 R+9 W+13 (evasion)| Init +1 | Perc +15 | GS:4/4 LoH:9/10 AB:2/2 HRW:3| Active Status:: (Aura, 10ft: +4 vs. fear, +4 vs. charm)

On to Cindermaw! BTW, those war paints are interesting - expensive but extra long lasting

Despite his eagerness to be off, Bashiel yields to common sense and gets a good night's sleep with the rest of the group (though I assume we maintain a watch regardless while with the shoanti). In the morning he spends his typical hour in prayer to Osiris and conferring with his ancestors. Although the trip from Korvosa to Kaer Maga had been long, it had also been uneventful. He didn't think he could expect the same here.

(Alright. Precasting Endure Elements Communal on the party. Spells prepped as in profile. Spirit Ridden will be for Survival this time, in case we encounter any mysterious hazards or need to navigate something.)


Human Male Cleric 11 of Pharasma | HP 82/82 | AC 19 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +8 CMD 18| F +13 R +7 W +16 (+18 vs Charm & Compulsion) | Init +4 | Perc + 18 Human (Varisian) Channel Energy 8d6 8/day (8/8 remaining), Healing/Repose Domains, Rebuke Death 11/day, Healer's Blessing, Gentle Rest 11/day 11/11, Ward Against Death 11/day

Malen was grateful for the rest and the time to commune with his Goddess about the arduous tasks ahead. They surely wouldn't be easy, so hopefully the end result would prove worth the risk. The priest spent the early morning praying, asking Pharasma for more blessings of a protective nature for the task ahead.

Updated Spells prepped per profile.


Maps | Info | Bashiel's Loot Table

GM Roll(s):

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29

No worries, Ilsa.

Roger that, Bashiel and Malen.

Ilsa:

Ash Dancer nods. “Yes, I believe so. The trials ahead of you may provide you with some answers on your own, but the Sun Shaman may be able to bring to light truths you have not been willing to admit to yourself. I urge you to be open to whatever the Sun Shaman may tell you.”

With preparations made, you set out into the Cinderlands accompanied by four of the Skoan-Quah’s Boneslayers. They help direct you along the right path, which provides easy ground for the carriages, at least for a bit. Around midday, the relatively flat ground gives way to cracked and rocky ground before giving rise to dunes, rendering the carriages useless.

The sun doesn’t relent even when you leave the carriages and the Cinderlands provide little in the way of shade. The Boneslayers seem unaffected by the harsh environment, but if not for Bashiel’s divine protection, you feel certain you would be feeling the effects of heat exhaustion or worse. Still, the day passes without issue and you’re able to bed down for the night. Mercifully, the Cinderlands cool significantly once the sun sets, providing a more comfortable temperature at which to rest.

The night passes and you ford the river the next day, continuing to make your way northwest, the Boneslayers adjusting your course as needed. Early in the afternoon, you’re able to resume using the carriages to make better time. At this rate you’ll reach Cindermaw’s feeding grounds tomorrow night. As the afternoon continues on, you notice the ground become more and more stony. You’re still able to use your carriages, but the ride is noticeably more bumpy.

DC 29 Perception:

You notice a humanoid shape moving in the distance among the stony environment. Whoever or whatever it is appears to be observing you.

DC 40 Perception (if you got the first check):

Spoiler:
You notice there are several shapes similar to the first one you spotted. They are all sitting perfectly still, as if they were stone themselves.


Maps Female CG Aasimar Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 8 / Arcane Archer 3 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / T 16 / FF 18 | Fort +7 / Ref +14 / Will +11 | CMB 11 / CMD 26 | Initiative +5 | Perception +23 / Disable Device +20 | Darkvision 60 feet | Bardic Performance 21/23 | Spells 1L 5/5 2L 4/4 3L 1/3 4L 1/1 | Harrow Points 3/3 | Acid, cold, and electricity resistance 5 | Active Effects: none

Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31

Zamanda shades her eyes and points off in the distance.

Hey guys, something over there is watching us. Looks humanoid.

Additional Check from the Spoiler: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36 (fail)


Urban Bloodrager (11) Buffs (Heroism, Infuse Self, Shield) CMD (31) W (0) HP (109) Saves+2 (11/9/9) Rage (24/25) Fire (3/3) Lvl 1 (3/4) Lvl 2 (1/2) Lvl 3 (1/2) AC34 (26/15/22, +4 Beast Totem, +4 Shield) DR2/Silver, Infernal Resistance (Cold, Fire and Electricity Resistance 7) Initiative (+4) Skills +2: K-Local (+4) Perception, Sense Motive (+11) Diplomacy/Intimidate(+18) Bluff (+20)

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Can’t Hit Second DC so will Aid Zamanda

Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 38

”So I see. Anyone able to make out what it is? Does it seem hostile?” Kalem asked, his hand gripping his Scythe in anticipation.

Dark Archive

Human Mesmerist 11 | HP 96/96 | AC 22; Tch 13; FF 19 | F +7; R +11; W +15 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +1 Sap: +12 (1d6+4) | Perc +14

GM:
Ilsa nods solemnly. "I will be sure to ask him--any help is truly appreciated."

perception aid: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 Does that get us there?

Ilsa squints into the distance. "Maybe if we stop the carriages, we can get a better look," she suggests.


Maps | Info | Bashiel's Loot Table

Yes, that'll get y'all there on the second check.


Maps Female CG Aasimar Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 8 / Arcane Archer 3 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / T 16 / FF 18 | Fort +7 / Ref +14 / Will +11 | CMB 11 / CMD 26 | Initiative +5 | Perception +23 / Disable Device +20 | Darkvision 60 feet | Bardic Performance 21/23 | Spells 1L 5/5 2L 4/4 3L 1/3 4L 1/1 | Harrow Points 3/3 | Acid, cold, and electricity resistance 5 | Active Effects: none

Zamanda stops the carriages temporarily as Ilsa suggests, and then says

Wow. I thought there was just the one, but it looks like there are many of them, but they are all perfectly still, as though they were stone. What do you guys think? I don't know if they are hunting us... should we continue on, or go and deal with them?

She specifically translates the question for their Shoanti guests, pointing out the figures, and wanting to know if they are familiar with what she is seeing, and how dangerous these things are.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Urban Bloodrager (11) Buffs (Heroism, Infuse Self, Shield) CMD (31) W (0) HP (109) Saves+2 (11/9/9) Rage (24/25) Fire (3/3) Lvl 1 (3/4) Lvl 2 (1/2) Lvl 3 (1/2) AC34 (26/15/22, +4 Beast Totem, +4 Shield) DR2/Silver, Infernal Resistance (Cold, Fire and Electricity Resistance 7) Initiative (+4) Skills +2: K-Local (+4) Perception, Sense Motive (+11) Diplomacy/Intimidate(+18) Bluff (+20)

”No need to pick a fight just for watching. If they come and want to fight, we kill them. If they watch...” He shrugged. ”Oh well?”

Dark Archive

Human Mesmerist 11 | HP 96/96 | AC 22; Tch 13; FF 19 | F +7; R +11; W +15 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +1 Sap: +12 (1d6+4) | Perc +14

Ilsa nods as Kelam speaks. "It seems we are to have an audience. But we shouldn't look for more trouble if they don't intend it."


Male Human Paladin (Ghost Hunter) 11 |AC:27 T:11 FF:26 CMD:27 | HP: 24/90 | F+14 R+9 W+13 (evasion)| Init +1 | Perc +15 | GS:4/4 LoH:9/10 AB:2/2 HRW:3| Active Status:: (Aura, 10ft: +4 vs. fear, +4 vs. charm)

"We are supposed to be getting judged, right? That must be our jury. Can't be too surprised if some of them want to watch to check if the heat gets us. Or if the giant worm does." Bashiel grins, then if the Boneslayers don't warn against it, he waves at the distant figures.

"And Kalem's right if they're hostile. They can come to us if they want a fight. Out here in the open, they'd have a hard time sneaking up."


Human Male Cleric 11 of Pharasma | HP 82/82 | AC 19 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +8 CMD 18| F +13 R +7 W +16 (+18 vs Charm & Compulsion) | Init +4 | Perc + 18 Human (Varisian) Channel Energy 8d6 8/day (8/8 remaining), Healing/Repose Domains, Rebuke Death 11/day, Healer's Blessing, Gentle Rest 11/day 11/11, Ward Against Death 11/day

Malen completely agreed with the party's reasoning. If the watchers wanted to speak, they would approach. And if they wanted to fight, they would also approach. The priest thought ahead to the evening and the imminent showdown with the mighty fire worm, wondering if the group had made a mistake. Looking at the Boneslayers accompanying them, it was of course too late to rethink things. One could only pray and then try to execute the plan.


Maps | Info | Bashiel's Loot Table

The humanoid creatures’ intent soon becomes clear as the ones who had appeared as stone stir from their positions and take to the sky on grey wings. The one who had been watching you also takes to the sky. Despite you having watched them closely, they’re still able to take you by surprise and close much of the distance between you and them. They don’t say anything as they approach and appear to be eyeing the four Boneslayers.

Initiative:

Initiative (Bashiel): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Initiative (Ilsa): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Initiative (Kalem): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Initiative (Malen): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Initiative (Zamanda): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Initiative (Boneslayers): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Initiative (Enemies): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

DC 15 Knowledge (nature):

As the creatures approach, you recognize them as gargoyles. They have DR 10/magic, can fly, see in the dark, and can attack with claws, teeth, and horns. These particular gargoyles look like particularly dangerous specimens of their kind.

Map added. The gargoyles are all 20 ft up in their squares. All tiles outside of the main path are considered difficult terrain.

Dark Archive

Human Mesmerist 11 | HP 96/96 | AC 22; Tch 13; FF 19 | F +7; R +11; W +15 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +1 Sap: +12 (1d6+4) | Perc +14

Ilsa turns her dark gaze on the creature coming on her right. yellow

These are monsters--but so am I!

Pointing at it, she penetrates its mind with a phantasmal killer.

The most fearsome, horrible beast attacks the gargoyle. Though only a vague shape is visible, Ilsa knows it is the Thing that haunts her.

Nothing could be more fearsome--

Make Yellow the target of my painful stare, then cast phantasmal killer. ALSO, it has to roll twice and take the worst result because of Nightmare.

Painful Stare target: -4 attack rolls, -4 Will, DC of target's spells and spell-like abilities.
If target dies, use Continued Animation (DC 22 Will)

Nightmare:
*Nightmare: The target of the hypnotic stare rolls twice on all Will saves versus fear, taking the lower result.


Urban Bloodrager (11) Buffs (Heroism, Infuse Self, Shield) CMD (31) W (0) HP (109) Saves+2 (11/9/9) Rage (24/25) Fire (3/3) Lvl 1 (3/4) Lvl 2 (1/2) Lvl 3 (1/2) AC34 (26/15/22, +4 Beast Totem, +4 Shield) DR2/Silver, Infernal Resistance (Cold, Fire and Electricity Resistance 7) Initiative (+4) Skills +2: K-Local (+4) Perception, Sense Motive (+11) Diplomacy/Intimidate(+18) Bluff (+20)

Visions of Hell on Yellow and Orange. Gives Yellow further -2 against her saves. DC18

Right before Zamanda began her assault, Kalem started his. He could ‘feel’ her powers awaken, and it caused a stirring in his mind. He vaguely remembered a ghoulish figure in the dark, reaching out to him with long claws.

He looked up at the flying creatures and decided to share the vision with them. Speaking words that he did not understand, he caused two of the foes to see what awaited behind closed eyes. Enough to frighten most sentient creatures. In conjunction with Ilsa’s powers, such fear would be deadly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Paladin (Ghost Hunter) 11 |AC:27 T:11 FF:26 CMD:27 | HP: 24/90 | F+14 R+9 W+13 (evasion)| Init +1 | Perc +15 | GS:4/4 LoH:9/10 AB:2/2 HRW:3| Active Status:: (Aura, 10ft: +4 vs. fear, +4 vs. charm)

Well, that assumption was pretty darn far off :O

Bashiel looks to the Boneslayers to see their reaction, trying to determine why these winged creatures would be focused on them. But even as he does so, he also offers a prayer to Osiris for aid in protecting the group. In moments, his god's powers transform him. He grows violet-feathered wings as his skin takes on a grey-ish green hue. (Casting Angelic Aspect. This grants Protection from Evil, Darkvision, Resist Acid and Cold 10, DR5/evil, a 30ft fly speed, and aligns all held weapons to good)

He draws his rapier and raises his shield arm defensively, readying for the arrival of the strange creatures.


Maps Female CG Aasimar Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 8 / Arcane Archer 3 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / T 16 / FF 18 | Fort +7 / Ref +14 / Will +11 | CMB 11 / CMD 26 | Initiative +5 | Perception +23 / Disable Device +20 | Darkvision 60 feet | Bardic Performance 21/23 | Spells 1L 5/5 2L 4/4 3L 1/3 4L 1/1 | Harrow Points 3/3 | Acid, cold, and electricity resistance 5 | Active Effects: none

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Zamanda doesn't know what these things are, but she is determined to take them down.

She moves to get a clear shot, and as she aims her Oathbow at blue she states clearly

I swear to slay my target.

Attack: 1d20 + 21 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 21 + 1 = 28 (oathbow enhancement and point-blank)
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (2) + (4) + (4, 3) + 1 = 20 (acid, cold, oathbow, point-blank)


Human Male Cleric 11 of Pharasma | HP 82/82 | AC 19 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +8 CMD 18| F +13 R +7 W +16 (+18 vs Charm & Compulsion) | Init +4 | Perc + 18 Human (Varisian) Channel Energy 8d6 8/day (8/8 remaining), Healing/Repose Domains, Rebuke Death 11/day, Healer's Blessing, Gentle Rest 11/day 11/11, Ward Against Death 11/day

Unsure of the capabilities of the strange, gray-skinned beings as his companions started to fire at the creatures, use their strange powers on them, or downright grow wings!?!?, the priest called upon Pharasma for a fairly simple blessing, seeking to turn the tide of luck towards the party and away from their enemies.

Cast Prayer, duration 11 rounds. +1 luck bonus to all allies on attacks, damage, saves, and skill checks. Each enemy within 40 ft takes a -1 on those same checks.


Maps | Info | Bashiel's Loot Table

Red Boneslayer draws her bow and fires a shot at the green creature. She misses. Red Boneslayer Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Green Boneslayer moves to get a clear shot then also fires an arrow at the green creature. He misses. Green Boneslayer Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Blue Boneslayer fires at the green creature. He misses. Blue Boneslayer Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Yellow Boneslayer, unable to get a clear shot at the green creature, fires at the yellow one. She misses. Yellow Boneslayer Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Kalem, right before Zamanda began her assault, started his. He could ‘feel’ her powers awaken, and it caused a stirring in his mind. He vaguely remembered a ghoulish figure in the dark, reaching out to him with long claws.

He looked up at the flying creatures and decided to share the vision with them. Speaking words that he did not understand, he caused two of the foes to see what awaited behind closed eyes. Enough to frighten most sentient creatures. In conjunction with Ilsa’s powers, such fear would be deadly. The yellow one succumbs to the horrifying vision, but the orange one resists.
Yellow Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 Orange Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Zamanda doesn't know what these things are, but she is determined to take them down.

She moves to get a clear shot, and as she aims her Oathbow at blue she states clearly

I swear to slay my target.

Zamanda’s aim is true and her arrow pierces deep into the creature’s left leg.

Malen, unsure of the capabilities of the strange, gray-skinned beings as his companions started to fire at the creatures, use their strange powers on them, or downright grow wings!?!?, the priest called upon Pharasma for a fairly simple blessing, seeking to turn the tide of luck towards the party and away from their enemies.

Ilsa turns her dark gaze on the creature coming on her right. yellow

These are monsters--but so am I!

Pointing at it, she penetrates its mind with a phantasmal killer.

The most fearsome, horrible beast attacks the gargoyle. Though only a vague shape is visible, Ilsa knows it is the Thing that haunts her.

Nothing could be more fearsome--

The creature immediately dies of fright before being forced to continue moving, if only for a little longer.

Yellow Will Save: 1d20 + 9 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 4 - 2 = 16 Yellow Will Save: 1d20 + 9 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 4 - 2 = 9
Yellow Fort Save: 1d20 + 9 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 4 - 2 = 5 Yellow Fort Save: 1d20 + 9 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 4 - 2 = 4
Yellow Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Bashiel looks to the Boneslayers to see their reaction, trying to determine why these winged creatures would be focused on them. But even as he does so, he also offers a prayer to Osiris for aid in protecting the group. In moments, his god's powers transform him. He grows violet-feathered wings as his skin takes on a grey-ish green hue.

He draws his rapier and raises his shield arm defensively, readying for the arrival of the strange creatures.

Blue Creature roars and says in common, “Death to you all, and especially you scorched. These are our lands.” The creature dives toward the green Shoanti, swiping at him with its claw. He scores a hit and continues moving, soaring into the air again. Blue Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Red Creature follows blue's example and scores an even harder hit, raking the green Shoanti's arm. Red Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 Red Attack, Confirm Crit?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3) + 8 = 14

Green Creature swoops down and strikes the red Shoanti before ascending once more. Green Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Orange Creature does likewise. Orange Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Yellow Creature is motionless as it awaits Ilsa’s command.

Current Status:


Blue Creature (-20 hp)
Red Creature
Green Creature
Orange Creature
Yellow Creature (dead, continued animation)
Red Boneslayer (-11 hp)
Green Boneslayer (-19 hp)
Blue Boneslayer
Yellow Boneslayer
Kalem
Zamanda (oath, blue creature)
Malen
Ilsa
Bashiel (angelic aspect)

Active Effects: Prayer, 11 rounds

All the creatures are now 15 ft up in their squares. P.S. How did you guess they were gargoyles, Ilsa? ;)
Everyone can act again! Bottom of round 2.


Male Human Paladin (Ghost Hunter) 11 |AC:27 T:11 FF:26 CMD:27 | HP: 24/90 | F+14 R+9 W+13 (evasion)| Init +1 | Perc +15 | GS:4/4 LoH:9/10 AB:2/2 HRW:3| Active Status:: (Aura, 10ft: +4 vs. fear, +4 vs. charm)

Oooh, gaining flight pays off! I suspect DR5 is also going to be paying off based on those damage rolls above. Unless they try to ignore Bashiel.

Bashiel's wings beat down forcefully, sending dust and dirt flying as he lifts off from the ground. He swoops upward to engage the orange and green gargoyles (To height of 10ft. Rising at less than 45 degs, so this doesn't need a fly check). He stabs up at the orange gargoyle with his rapier, looking for a weak point in the creature's rocky looking hide to pierce.

Human Bane Rapier, 1-handing PA: 1d20 + 20 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 20 - 3 + 1 = 31
Rapier PA damage (P): 1d6 + 10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 6 + 1 = 19

"Let's show these Boneslayers that we can hold our own alongside them."

AoO if Needed:
Human Bane Rapier, 1-handing PA: 1d20 + 20 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 20 - 3 + 1 = 27
Rapier PA damage (P): 1d6 + 10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 6 + 1 = 20

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Mesmerist 11 | HP 96/96 | AC 22; Tch 13; FF 19 | F +7; R +11; W +15 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +1 Sap: +12 (1d6+4) | Perc +14
Quote:
P.S. How did you guess they were gargoyles, Ilsa? ;)

Was it where you said "Map added. The gargoyles are all 20 ft up in their squares"? :)

Ilsa pushes all her fear outward and gains control of the yellow enemy.

I--literally scared it to death--I--

Suppressing any second thoughts as she hears a voice laughing, she wills the almost-dead creature to attack its ally. green

She then advances, and sends out another breaking wave of terror at two more of the creatures.

Swift action to change Painful Stare to Red, move action to move forward, standard to cast Fear (DC 21 Will), Red has to roll twice and keep worst result. Even if they are 20' up, it seems my 30' cone should hit both.


Urban Bloodrager (11) Buffs (Heroism, Infuse Self, Shield) CMD (31) W (0) HP (109) Saves+2 (11/9/9) Rage (24/25) Fire (3/3) Lvl 1 (3/4) Lvl 2 (1/2) Lvl 3 (1/2) AC34 (26/15/22, +4 Beast Totem, +4 Shield) DR2/Silver, Infernal Resistance (Cold, Fire and Electricity Resistance 7) Initiative (+4) Skills +2: K-Local (+4) Perception, Sense Motive (+11) Diplomacy/Intimidate(+18) Bluff (+20)

Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Fire: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 4) = 18

Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Fire: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 1, 1) = 12

Kalem pointed a finger at the green gargoyle. Two scorching rays of flame shot out, with one getting a direct hit.


Maps Female CG Aasimar Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 8 / Arcane Archer 3 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / T 16 / FF 18 | Fort +7 / Ref +14 / Will +11 | CMB 11 / CMD 26 | Initiative +5 | Perception +23 / Disable Device +20 | Darkvision 60 feet | Bardic Performance 21/23 | Spells 1L 5/5 2L 4/4 3L 1/3 4L 1/1 | Harrow Points 3/3 | Acid, cold, and electricity resistance 5 | Active Effects: none

Zamanda starts singing to inspire everyone against the tough opponents.

+2 to saving throws against charm and fear effects (morale) and +2 on attack and weapon damage rolls (competence)

then, sticking to her oath, she shoots again at blue.

Attack: 1d20 + 21 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 21 + 1 + 2 = 27 (oathbow, point-blank, inspire)
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 2d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (1) + (3) + (4, 3) + 1 + 2 = 22 (acid, cold, oathbow, point-blank, inspire courage)


Human Male Cleric 11 of Pharasma | HP 82/82 | AC 19 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +8 CMD 18| F +13 R +7 W +16 (+18 vs Charm & Compulsion) | Init +4 | Perc + 18 Human (Varisian) Channel Energy 8d6 8/day (8/8 remaining), Healing/Repose Domains, Rebuke Death 11/day, Healer's Blessing, Gentle Rest 11/day 11/11, Ward Against Death 11/day

Malen wondered at the creature's shouted taunt, were the Shoanti known as the 'scorched'. It didn't sound complimentary, so the priest probably wouldn't ask. Seeing the flying enemies score some hits but also seeing Bashiel flying up to engage, Zamanda and Kalem scoring hits with their chosen weapons, and Ilsa seemingly causing mayhem amongst the bad guys, the cleric pulled out his crossbow and loaded a bolt into it. Maybe he'd even get a shot off.

Retrieve crossbow, load.


Maps | Info | Bashiel's Loot Table

Derp, that would explain it, Ilsa.

Red Boneslayer looks over at you and says, “Ashwing Gargoyles. They hate our people.” Then she fires another shot at the green creature. She misses. Red Boneslayer Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Green Boneslayer fires again at the green gargoyle. He misses. Green Boneslayer Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Blue Boneslayer fires at the green gargoyle. He misses. Blue Boneslayer Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Yellow Boneslayer takes a step and fires at the green gargoyle. She misses. Yellow Boneslayer Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Kalem pointed a finger at the green gargoyle. Two scorching rays of flame shot out, with one getting a direct hit. The gargoyle dodges out of the way of the second ray.

Zamanda starts singing to inspire everyone against the tough opponents. Then, sticking to her oath, she shoots again at blue. She lands another hit, provoking a yowl from the creature.

Malen wondered at the creature's shouted taunt, were the Shoanti known as the 'scorched'. It didn't sound complimentary, so the priest probably wouldn't ask. Seeing the flying enemies score some hits but also seeing Bashiel flying up to engage, Zamanda and Kalem scoring hits with their chosen weapons, and Ilsa seemingly causing mayhem amongst the bad guys, the cleric pulled out his crossbow and loaded a bolt into it. Maybe he'd even get a shot off.

Ilsa pushes all her fear outward and gains control of the yellow enemy.

I--literally scared it to death--I--

Suppressing any second thoughts as she hears a voice laughing, she wills the almost-dead creature to attack its ally.

She then advances, and sends out another breaking wave of terror at two more of the creatures. The red gargoyle looks absolutely terrified, but the orange one doesn’t seem to care at all about Ilsa’s spell.
Red Will Save: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 4 = 10 Red Will Save: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 4 = 16
Orange Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Bashiel's wings beat down forcefully, sending dust and dirt flying as he lifts off from the ground. He swoops upward to engage the orange and green gargoyles. He stabs up at the orange gargoyle with his rapier, looking for a weak point in the creature's rocky looking hide to pierce.

"Let's show these Boneslayers that we can hold our own alongside them."

Bashiel’s blade pierces the orange gargoyle, injuring it.

Blue Gargoyle dives again toward the green Shoanti. It lands another swipe before rising and backing away again. Blue Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Red Gargoyle flees in terror, flying away as fast as it can. (It’s off the map at this point, though theoretically still targetable by an attack with a long enough range.)

Green Gargoyle ignores Bashiel and swoops toward the red Shoanti. It also lands a blow before ascending again. Green Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Bashiel, you can take an AoO against green.

Orange Gargoyle also ignores Bashiel and flies toward the green Shoanti. He lands a glancing blow, but it’s enough to let you know that the Boneslayer is in bad shape and has lost a fair bit of blood. Orange Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 2 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 You can attack Orange as well, Bashiel, if you have another AoO. Otherwise, he flies so as to avoid attacks from everyone else.

Yellow Gargoyle obediently follows Ilsa’s command and charges toward the green gargoyle. It then swipes at its former ally. It lands its attack, but it doesn’t seem to do hardly any damage. Yellow Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 + 2 = 26 Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Current Status:


Blue Gargoyle (-42 hp)
Red Gargoyle (panicked, 11 rounds)
Green Gargoyle (-19 hp)
Orange Gargoyle (-19 hp, shaken 1 round)
Yellow Gargoyle (dead, continued animation 4 rounds)
Red Boneslayer (-19 hp)
Green Boneslayer (-34 hp)
Blue Boneslayer
Yellow Boneslayer
Kalem
Zamanda (oath, blue creature)
Malen
Ilsa
Bashiel (angelic aspect)

Active Effects: Prayer, 10 rounds

Everyone can act again! Bottom of round 3.


Male Human Paladin (Ghost Hunter) 11 |AC:27 T:11 FF:26 CMD:27 | HP: 24/90 | F+14 R+9 W+13 (evasion)| Init +1 | Perc +15 | GS:4/4 LoH:9/10 AB:2/2 HRW:3| Active Status:: (Aura, 10ft: +4 vs. fear, +4 vs. charm)

Bashiel's AoO would have been made against green because it was the first one to provoke. Sadly no combat reflexes for the second AoO. See the spoiler in my previous post for the AoO hit and damage.

Bashiel's wings beat steadily to keep him interposed between the gargoyles and the Boneslayers 5ft fly over. He sends a rain of stabs into the green gargoyle. As he does, he calls out "Get away, flee with your brethren. You won't take Shoanti blood today!"

Human Bane Rapier, 1-handing PA; prayer, IC: 1d20 + 20 - 3 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 20 - 3 + 3 = 35
Rapier PA damage (P): 1d6 + 10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 6 + 3 = 25
Human Bane Rapier, 1-handing PA; prayer, IC; iterative: 1d20 + 20 - 3 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 20 - 3 + 3 - 5 = 20
Rapier PA damage (P): 1d6 + 10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 6 + 3 = 23
Human Bane Rapier, 1-handing PA; prayer, IC; iterative: 1d20 + 20 - 3 + 3 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 20 - 3 + 3 - 10 = 24
Rapier PA damage (P): 1d6 + 10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 6 + 3 = 23

AoO against the first creature that triggers it:
Human Bane Rapier, 1-handing PA; prayer, IC: 1d20 + 20 - 3 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 20 - 3 + 3 = 35
Rapier PA damage (P): 1d6 + 10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 6 + 3 = 24


Urban Bloodrager (11) Buffs (Heroism, Infuse Self, Shield) CMD (31) W (0) HP (109) Saves+2 (11/9/9) Rage (24/25) Fire (3/3) Lvl 1 (3/4) Lvl 2 (1/2) Lvl 3 (1/2) AC34 (26/15/22, +4 Beast Totem, +4 Shield) DR2/Silver, Infernal Resistance (Cold, Fire and Electricity Resistance 7) Initiative (+4) Skills +2: K-Local (+4) Perception, Sense Motive (+11) Diplomacy/Intimidate(+18) Bluff (+20)

Kalem moved to the Shoanti in red please move him in the map and took up a defensive position.

Readied Attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39
Damage with fire: 2d4 + 23 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 23 + (3) = 29

Dark Archive

Human Mesmerist 11 | HP 96/96 | AC 22; Tch 13; FF 19 | F +7; R +11; W +15 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +1 Sap: +12 (1d6+4) | Perc +14

Ilsa commands the dominated, dead gargoyle to continue fighting its fellows.

With one of the enemies having withstood her mental magic, she tries it again, hoping to have better results. Turning her gaze back on the one that stood its ground, attempts to show it who is in command.

Make Orange my hypnotic stare, then cast Castigate (DC 21 Will, roll 2x, take worst result.

Painful Stare target: -4 attack rolls, -4 Will, DC of target's spells and spell-like abilities


Maps Female CG Aasimar Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 8 / Arcane Archer 3 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / T 16 / FF 18 | Fort +7 / Ref +14 / Will +11 | CMB 11 / CMD 26 | Initiative +5 | Perception +23 / Disable Device +20 | Darkvision 60 feet | Bardic Performance 21/23 | Spells 1L 5/5 2L 4/4 3L 1/3 4L 1/1 | Harrow Points 3/3 | Acid, cold, and electricity resistance 5 | Active Effects: none

Zamanda continues to sing

+2 to saving throws against charm and fear effects (morale) and +2 on attack and weapon damage rolls (competence)

as she remains focused, takes a single step, and launches a barrage of attacks at blue.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 21 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 21 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 28 (oathbow, point-blank, inspire, rapid shot)
Attack 2: 1d20 + 21 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 21 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 34 (oathbow, point-blank, inspire, rapid shot)
Attack 3: 1d20 + 16 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 34 (oathbow, point-blank, inspire, rapid shot)

Damage 1: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 2d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (2) + (5) + (4, 2) + 1 + 2 = 23 (acid, cold, oathbow, point-blank, inspire courage)
Damage 2: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 2d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (4) + (2) + (6, 4) + 1 + 2 = 24 (acid, cold, oathbow, point-blank, inspire courage)
Damage 3: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 2d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (6) + (3) + (6, 5) + 1 + 2 = 35 (acid, cold, oathbow, point-blank, inspire courage)


Human Male Cleric 11 of Pharasma | HP 82/82 | AC 19 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +8 CMD 18| F +13 R +7 W +16 (+18 vs Charm & Compulsion) | Init +4 | Perc + 18 Human (Varisian) Channel Energy 8d6 8/day (8/8 remaining), Healing/Repose Domains, Rebuke Death 11/day, Healer's Blessing, Gentle Rest 11/day 11/11, Ward Against Death 11/day

Malen held his readied crossbow in one hand at his side, holding forth his holy symbol of Pharasma and calling upon Her power, the phylactery on his brow glowing faintly as it enhanced the divine energy flowing through him and into his allies.

Channel Energy: 8d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2, 3, 2, 3, 6, 4) = 27


Maps | Info | Bashiel's Loot Table

Added your damage to green from the AoO, Bashiel.

Red Boneslayer fires another shot and hits, but can't pierce the gargoyle's hide. Red Boneslayer Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26 Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

Green Boneslayer fires again and misses. Green Boneslayer Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12

Blue Boneslayer fires and misses. Blue Boneslayer Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18

Yellow Boneslayer fires and connects with the blue gargoyle, but she’s not able to do any damage. Yellow Boneslayer Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28 Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10

Kalem moved to the Shoanti in red and took up a defensive position.

Zamanda continues to sing as she remains focused, takes a single step, and launches a barrage of attacks at blue. The gargoyle falls to her second arrow, crashing to the ground and growing still.

Malen held his readied crossbow in one hand at his side, holding forth his holy symbol of Pharasma and calling upon Her power, the phylactery on his brow glowing faintly as it enhanced the divine energy flowing through him and into his allies. All of the red boneslayer’s and most of the green boneslayer’s wounds close.

Ilsa commands the dominated, dead gargoyle to continue fighting its fellows.

With one of the enemies having withstood her mental magic, she tries it again, hoping to have better results. Turning her gaze back on the one that stood its ground, attempts to show it who is in command. Unlike before, the orange gargoyle’s eyes widen in fright and it cowers before her.
Orange Will Save: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 4 = 18 Orange Will Save: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 4 = 13

Bashiel's wings beat steadily to keep him interposed between the gargoyles and the Boneslayers. He sends a rain of stabs into the green gargoyle. As he does, he calls out "Get away, flee with your brethren. You won't take Shoanti blood today!"

Bashiel’s first strike connected, gravely wounding the gargoyle. It manages to move out of the way of his second attack, but the paladin’s third strike proves fatal. The green gargoyle joins its blue companion, lifeless on the ground.

Blue Gargoyle is dead.

Red Gargoyle continues to fly away and you lose sight of it.

Green Gargoyle is dead.

Orange Gargoyle continues cowering. Orange Will Save: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 4 = 14 Orange Will Save: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 4 = 21

Yellow Gargoyle charges after orange, trying to stop its former ally, but it can’t seem to do any damage. Yellow Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Current Status:


Blue Gargoyle (dead)
Red Gargoyle (fled)
Green Gargoyle (dead)
Orange Gargoyle (-19 hp)
Yellow Gargoyle (dead, continued animation 4 rounds)
Red Boneslayer
Green Boneslayer (-7 hp)
Blue Boneslayer
Yellow Boneslayer
Kalem
Zamanda (oath, blue creature)
Malen
Ilsa
Bashiel (angelic aspect)

Active Effects: Prayer, 9 rounds

I'm assuming you can easily finish off orange at this point, so combat over. Nicely done!


Maps Female CG Aasimar Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 8 / Arcane Archer 3 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / T 16 / FF 18 | Fort +7 / Ref +14 / Will +11 | CMB 11 / CMD 26 | Initiative +5 | Perception +23 / Disable Device +20 | Darkvision 60 feet | Bardic Performance 21/23 | Spells 1L 5/5 2L 4/4 3L 1/3 4L 1/1 | Harrow Points 3/3 | Acid, cold, and electricity resistance 5 | Active Effects: none

Zamanda smiles, pleased at how well her new bow worked in that situation. It wasn't as effective against many enemies, of course, but it worked marvelously well against a single target.

She asks their Shoanti companions Are you okay? Why do they hate you so much?


Urban Bloodrager (11) Buffs (Heroism, Infuse Self, Shield) CMD (31) W (0) HP (109) Saves+2 (11/9/9) Rage (24/25) Fire (3/3) Lvl 1 (3/4) Lvl 2 (1/2) Lvl 3 (1/2) AC34 (26/15/22, +4 Beast Totem, +4 Shield) DR2/Silver, Infernal Resistance (Cold, Fire and Electricity Resistance 7) Initiative (+4) Skills +2: K-Local (+4) Perception, Sense Motive (+11) Diplomacy/Intimidate(+18) Bluff (+20)

Kalem walked over to Ilsa. ”That was amazing.” He said with a smile. ”A good number simply fled. And they’ll likely spread the word to their kin that we aren’t to be messed with. Good job.”

Dark Archive

Human Mesmerist 11 | HP 96/96 | AC 22; Tch 13; FF 19 | F +7; R +11; W +15 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +1 Sap: +12 (1d6+4) | Perc +14

Ilsa smiles a half-smile at Kalem. "Yeah--seemed to work well. Thanks."

But at what cost? I'm toxic--a monster. I killed something by looking at it. I could sense--that Thing. It did it, but did it through me.

She doesn't have anything to add to Zamanda's question to the Shoanti, but is curious as to the response.


Male Human Paladin (Ghost Hunter) 11 |AC:27 T:11 FF:26 CMD:27 | HP: 24/90 | F+14 R+9 W+13 (evasion)| Init +1 | Perc +15 | GS:4/4 LoH:9/10 AB:2/2 HRW:3| Active Status:: (Aura, 10ft: +4 vs. fear, +4 vs. charm)

Bashiel flies a quick loop around the area to see if the remaining gargoyle will continue to flee, and also surveys the landscape for any more suspicious looking grey dots on the horizon.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

Presuming he doesn't see anything worthy of alarm, he settles back down on the ground and offers a brief prayer to Osiris as thanks for his blessing. "Everyone alright? Boneslayers as well?" He nods at Zamanda's question "They did seem to have a singular drive to attack the four of you, even to the extent that they dropped their guard against the rest of us."


Human Male Cleric 11 of Pharasma | HP 82/82 | AC 19 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +8 CMD 18| F +13 R +7 W +16 (+18 vs Charm & Compulsion) | Init +4 | Perc + 18 Human (Varisian) Channel Energy 8d6 8/day (8/8 remaining), Healing/Repose Domains, Rebuke Death 11/day, Healer's Blessing, Gentle Rest 11/day 11/11, Ward Against Death 11/day

Malen held his shot as the others made short work of the remainder of the gargoyles, eyeing the boneslayers and determining that no further healing was needed at the moment. The priest stowed his crossbow once again, paying attention to their Shoanti guides so as to hear the answer to Zamanda's question.


Maps | Info | Bashiel's Loot Table

The lead Boneslayer says, "Yes, we are fine, thanks to you. The Ashwings have been at odds with our people for as long as we have lived in the Cinderlands. They were here when we first arrived. Our elders tried to make peace with them, but they would have none. We try to avoid conflict when we can, but they have always hated us and are quick to start the conflict themselves if they spot an opportunity."

Bashiel spots the remaining gargoyle and can tell that it seems to still be fleeing even after Ilsa's spell ends.

Continuing onward? As a reminder, it's not tonight that you would arrive, but tomorrow night.


Maps Female CG Aasimar Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 8 / Arcane Archer 3 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / T 16 / FF 18 | Fort +7 / Ref +14 / Will +11 | CMB 11 / CMD 26 | Initiative +5 | Perception +23 / Disable Device +20 | Darkvision 60 feet | Bardic Performance 21/23 | Spells 1L 5/5 2L 4/4 3L 1/3 4L 1/1 | Harrow Points 3/3 | Acid, cold, and electricity resistance 5 | Active Effects: none

Zamanda checks the Ashwings/Gargoyles for treasure, just in case, but then ushers everyone back into the carriages to get a little farther from this area before they camp.

Dark Archive

Human Mesmerist 11 | HP 96/96 | AC 22; Tch 13; FF 19 | F +7; R +11; W +15 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +1 Sap: +12 (1d6+4) | Perc +14

Ilsa nods at the Boneslayer's explanation. "They did not seem inclined to negotiate. But let us continue on--we have a long journey still ahead."

I'm good going on.


Human Male Cleric 11 of Pharasma | HP 82/82 | AC 19 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +8 CMD 18| F +13 R +7 W +16 (+18 vs Charm & Compulsion) | Init +4 | Perc + 18 Human (Varisian) Channel Energy 8d6 8/day (8/8 remaining), Healing/Repose Domains, Rebuke Death 11/day, Healer's Blessing, Gentle Rest 11/day 11/11, Ward Against Death 11/day

Malen shrugged at the Shoanti's explanation. Some human beings were violent and couldn't be reasoned with, so the priest could definitely understand the concept of a sentient creature being more so. He wondered if there was a root cause for the conflict buried somewhere in the distant past, but it was no concern of the party's. The cleric prepared to continue onward towards their goal, wondering if he would get any sleep while contemplating what they planned to do on the morrow.


Male Human Paladin (Ghost Hunter) 11 |AC:27 T:11 FF:26 CMD:27 | HP: 24/90 | F+14 R+9 W+13 (evasion)| Init +1 | Perc +15 | GS:4/4 LoH:9/10 AB:2/2 HRW:3| Active Status:: (Aura, 10ft: +4 vs. fear, +4 vs. charm)

"Intractable foes, is it? Not the first time I've seen that, though never with a race of monstrous creatures on one side." Bashiel shrugs uncomfortably, head filled with thoughts of all the people losing their lives over this ancient conflict. Trying once more to forge a peace would be good... but would have to be a task for other noble souls.

Alright, time to continue, rest and then on to face Shai-hulud.


Maps | Info | Bashiel's Loot Table

Zamanda doesn’t find anything of use on the gargoyles.

With the battle won, you return to your carriages and continue your journey. It doesn’t appear the gargoyles delayed you much as you’re confident you’ll still arrive at the feeding grounds tomorrow evening.

You camp for the night uneventfully and set out again the next morning. By midday, the ground has become too sandy and the land filled with too many dunes for travel by carriage to be viable any longer.

Just as the sun is beginning to set, one of the Boneslayers holds up his hand and says, “We’re here. This is the edge of Cindermaw’s feeding grounds. We will follow you, but we will not aid you should you choose to attempt this feat. It is something you must accomplish without our aid. I should note that it would be best if you avoid killing Cindermaw. Our people have something of a reverence for the beast, and it would lessen your feat of surviving being eaten if he were to die afterwards.”

As you look around at the area in front of you, you notice that what had first appeared to be dunes and hills are in fact mounded burrows left behind by Cindermaw’s tunneling. It seems you have indeed arrived.

Be sure to post spell lists for the day when you get a chance.


Maps Female CG Aasimar Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 8 / Arcane Archer 3 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / T 16 / FF 18 | Fort +7 / Ref +14 / Will +11 | CMB 11 / CMD 26 | Initiative +5 | Perception +23 / Disable Device +20 | Darkvision 60 feet | Bardic Performance 21/23 | Spells 1L 5/5 2L 4/4 3L 1/3 4L 1/1 | Harrow Points 3/3 | Acid, cold, and electricity resistance 5 | Active Effects: none

Zamanda isn't sure what she should do if they aren't going to slay the beast. She could jump down it's throat and try to cut her way out, but surely only one of them needed to do that?

Err, what's the plan then, guys? Should I shoot at him anyway as a distraction? We don't all need to get swallowed, do we?

Ilsa, any chance that you can control such a massive creature?

Dark Archive

Human Mesmerist 11 | HP 96/96 | AC 22; Tch 13; FF 19 | F +7; R +11; W +15 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +1 Sap: +12 (1d6+4) | Perc +14

Ilsa shrugs. "I could try--I won't say it's impossible, but unlikely. Defeating this beast without killing it will make it much more difficult. My contribution will likely be impeding its ability to hurt us--at least as effectively as it would have."

My spell list is the same as always. :)


Maps Female CG Aasimar Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 8 / Arcane Archer 3 | HP 75/75 | AC 23 / T 16 / FF 18 | Fort +7 / Ref +14 / Will +11 | CMB 11 / CMD 26 | Initiative +5 | Perception +23 / Disable Device +20 | Darkvision 60 feet | Bardic Performance 21/23 | Spells 1L 5/5 2L 4/4 3L 1/3 4L 1/1 | Harrow Points 3/3 | Acid, cold, and electricity resistance 5 | Active Effects: none

Yeah, it was just conversation. Zamanda is scared, now that they have to keep it alive, but she doesn't want to show it. This isn't what she expected, and she's grasping at straws.

Once we have a plan, Zamanda will cast Gravity Bow before they enter combat. Keeping it alive might be ideal, but she isn't going to go easy on a gigantic scary monster unless it starts to seem sluggish or something.

5,851 to 5,900 of 6,078 << first < prev | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne by GM SnowHeart All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.