5e Middle Earth Adventures

Game Master Therenger

Guide – Amalina
Scout – Cereidh
Hunter – Gylwinth
Look-out – Findegil


51 to 100 of 1,725 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Warden 4

Anar follows Findegil "Let's go!"


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

Cereidh lifts Belgo up to her saddle, figuring that, as an archer, should conflict erupt the boy might be safer with her. Then she spurs her horse after Findegil.

Should I roll a Handle Animal check?

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


M Dúnedain Scholar Lv:3
Stats:
AC 14 Str 0 Dex +3 Con +3 Int +6* Wis +6* Cha +1 Initiative +3 Perception +4 Insight +4

Spurs his horse forward watching the child looking for any signs of injury


Middle Earth map

Entering the Long Marshes: Day 2, 1pm

Baldor and his three guards are only a short distance away, on the path that led from old Lake-town into the forest. This path is now mostly overgrown – few people pass this way now, as the site of the town was moved after the death of the dragon.

Baldor stands with his back to a tree and a heavy branch in his hand. His three treacherous caravan guards surround him with drawn swords. One of the three has a nasty fresh welt on his face, where Baldor struck him with the branch.

When they see you, the biggest of the trio tries to convince you to leave. “Be off!” he shouts, “This is none of your business!”

Please rename yourselves on Roll20 to your character, so I know which token to give you control


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

Done, I think! I'll get to changing my icon later

"Gentle sirs," Cereidh says, trying to keep the venom out of her voice, one hand on the neck of her stead and the other tucking the boy against herself protectively, neither reaching for her quiver, "as Lady, or A Lady of this forest, I must say it IS my business, and as representative of both the Law and my Lord's coffers I insist that we can find a more amenable agreement, here, than trying to beat each other bloody. At which I suspect the knight riding alongside me might be more effective than a man, my good man, with a tree branch."

Persuasion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

I don't think I have anything in Intimidate, but if you'd rather I roll that:

Intimidate: 1d20 ⇒ 10


Male Minas Tirith HP: 60/60 | Temp HP: 0/7 | d10+3 6/6 | Second Wind 1/1
Stats:
AC 20 (21 with ally) | Str +8* Dex +2 Con +6* Int +2 Wis +1 Cha +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +4 | Insight +1 | Inspiration? Yes

Findegil, clad in his silvered ring mail, grasping his longsword and his shield emblazoned with the sigil of the White Tree.

He speaks loudly in the direction of the traitorous guards, and their former master.

"My companion speaks truly. This is her business - and mine. If you have any sense, you will throw down your arms and submit to justice."

Persuasion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Then he levels his longsword, and while speaking points it at each guard in turn.

"Or you can submit to a far swifter justice, which I believe you will enjoy far less."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Warden 4

"We mean no harm. Please drop your weapons"

Persuasion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Middle Earth map

Krogan


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

Pfft, yeah. Sorry, Anar, but the mental image of someone saying that in an incredibly threatening manner is pretty funny.


M Dúnedain Scholar Lv:3
Stats:
AC 14 Str 0 Dex +3 Con +3 Int +6* Wis +6* Cha +1 Initiative +3 Perception +4 Insight +4

"You are right at one point this wasn't our business but it now seems to be ours. Tell you what you walk away leave these people alone and you might grow old. Stay and fight you won't see tomorrow.'

Intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Middle Earth map

Entering the Long Marshes: Day 2, 1pm

The trio eyes all of you but clearly become frightened of Findegil. “We be just leaving, sir knight.” the biggest says. “You can guard the miser from now on.”

The biggest one sheathes his sword, which is quickly copied by the other two. They stand aside and try to cautiously walk back the way you came giving Findegil a wide berth.

The father breathes heavy and makes no move or noise to object to their departure.

Do you let them leave? What posting rate can you commit to?


I normally am good for daily but things have been crazy around here.


Male Minas Tirith HP: 60/60 | Temp HP: 0/7 | d10+3 6/6 | Second Wind 1/1
Stats:
AC 20 (21 with ally) | Str +8* Dex +2 Con +6* Int +2 Wis +1 Cha +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +4 | Insight +1 | Inspiration? Yes

"Leave then, with infamy on your heads." Findegil says sternly, watching them like a hawk.

I am normally fine for once a day, but the odd day I won't get to post. More likely to miss days at the weekend.


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

Yeah, I should be able to commit to once a day - unfortunately those days I won't be able to, and I have a very busy schedule this summer, can't reliably be predicted.

Cereidh will also watch them leave but makes no move to stop them. She'll wait to talk to the merchant until they've gone.

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Warden 4

once a day but not on weekends


Middle Earth map

Entering the Long Marshes: Day 2, 1:15pm

Everyone watches everyone else warily as the trio of guards cautiously return to Lake-town.

After a couple of minutes of tense silence except for the birds of the Long Marshes, Belgo the boy slips from the saddle of Cereidh and runs to the embrace of his father.

"Thank you! Thank you! You arrived in the nick of time." The father says to you.

He introduces himself as Baldor. He explains that he set out from Lake-town with his son and the three thugs. He is a merchant and a traveling trader, and his four ponies are carrying iron tools and toys from Dale that he intends to sell to the folk of Woodland Hall. He has arranged with the Elves for passage through their lands. He knows that Mirkwood is dangerous, and so he looked in Esgaroth for guards who were brave enough to risk the crossing of the forest. It seems that he chose poorly.

He offers the job of guarding his caravan to you instead. He promises to pay you in coin and goods once you reach the Forest Gate.

Alright let's target once per day.


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

Cereidh nods in a lordly manner and looks sideways at her compatriots. "I'm honored by the offer, and anxious to see that my Lord's hospitality is not further besmirched. Would you give us a moment to discuss your offer among ourselves?"

She shuffles them all off a ways and says in an undertone, "I really am anxious to see that someone who's already managed to convince Thranduil to be a civil member of society doesn't come to further harm. So, my request; we take this detour. Unless any of you have more immediately dire news?"


Middle Earth map

It's not a detour. It aligns with your trip through Mirkwood.


Male Minas Tirith HP: 60/60 | Temp HP: 0/7 | d10+3 6/6 | Second Wind 1/1
Stats:
AC 20 (21 with ally) | Str +8* Dex +2 Con +6* Int +2 Wis +1 Cha +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +4 | Insight +1 | Inspiration? Yes

"I see no reason why we should not assist you. What say you, companions?"


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

Right, right.

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Warden 4

"Tis mine by me Master Findegil" Anar turns to Baldor "Hello good sir I am Anar Broadanvil of the Lonely Mountain." He bows.


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

Cereidh also sweeps a low bow to Baldor, which might be marginally comical given the difference in their heights. "And I am Cereidh of the Greenwood, and indeed one of Thranduil's Court. I'm sure we'll learn more of each other on the road - maybe we should say fifty questions, instead of twenty?"


Male Minas Tirith HP: 60/60 | Temp HP: 0/7 | d10+3 6/6 | Second Wind 1/1
Stats:
AC 20 (21 with ally) | Str +8* Dex +2 Con +6* Int +2 Wis +1 Cha +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +4 | Insight +1 | Inspiration? Yes

"My apologies for my manners. I am Sir Findegil, knight of Gondor."


Middle Earth map

Entering the Long Marshes: Day 2, 1:15pm

Starting down the path, Baldor jovially answers the fifty questions of Cereidh. He was once a rich merchant of Lake-town, but he lost a great deal when the dragon fell on the city. Not only was his fortune destroyed, but his wife Halla also perished. He carried his young son out of the flames, but could not find his wife. While others have found prosperity in the years since the Battle of Five Armies, he has not been so lucky. He moved to Dale when its reconstruction started, but he has yet to rebuild his former wealth. Young Belgo is a good lad, his father’s pride and joy.

Baldor plans to meet with Elvish friends of his at the edge of Mirkwood, and these Elves will accompany the caravan up the river on paddle-boats. From the Elvenking’s hall, he plans to follow the Forest Path to the west side.


Male Minas Tirith HP: 60/60 | Temp HP: 0/7 | d10+3 6/6 | Second Wind 1/1
Stats:
AC 20 (21 with ally) | Str +8* Dex +2 Con +6* Int +2 Wis +1 Cha +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +4 | Insight +1 | Inspiration? Yes

Findegil listens to Baldor's tale and replies:

"You have spirit, to not be lain low by such loss."


Middle Earth map

Everyone but Findegil


M Dúnedain Scholar Lv:3
Stats:
AC 14 Str 0 Dex +3 Con +3 Int +6* Wis +6* Cha +1 Initiative +3 Perception +4 Insight +4

Nods his head as he listens to the tale.

"You have had a rough time but you show strength its good we came along


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

Cereidh listens quietly, a little disarmed by how forthright Baldor is about his loss.


Male Minas Tirith HP: 60/60 | Temp HP: 0/7 | d10+3 6/6 | Second Wind 1/1
Stats:
AC 20 (21 with ally) | Str +8* Dex +2 Con +6* Int +2 Wis +1 Cha +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +4 | Insight +1 | Inspiration? Yes

On the road, the conversation turns to home.

"Friends, while I was born in Minas Tirith, my line hails from now-ruined Osgiliath where they were of great import. I would return to Gondor with my head held high, worthy of my name and fates willing, to lead a reclamation of my home."

His eyes gleam as he speaks.

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Warden 4

"I've heard that the stone of Minas Tirith is strong!"


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

"I have no doubt you will," Cereidh says. "As happens, I am returning home now, and while I don't bring great honor with me at least we've avoided the embarrassment of a trading partner coming to harm."


Middle Earth map

Entering the Long Marshes: Day 6, 3pm

At twilight, a trio of rafts emerge from the mists on the river. Green-cloaked figures punt these rafts to the shore. The Elves greet Baldor and the company warmly – the merchant is well known to them. The Elves are amused and fascinated by Belgo; they say there are few children among them in these days.

The ponies are unloaded and their burdens transferred to the rafts. The animals are initially wary about getting onto the rafts, but one of the Elves whispers in the horses and ponies’ ears, and instantly all of the animals become perfectly calm, happily trot onto the rafts and stand stock-still in the middle.

Once departed, the Elves expertly pilot their rafts against the current of the Forest River. After several days of slow travel, the land on either side of the rafts rises and turns stony and wooded, and the company pass into the shadow of the trees. It is as though the rafts are sailing up a dark tunnel, as the branches interlace overhead into a dark canopy. The company glimpse tall hills in gaps between the trees, until the river widens and the trees grow thinner once again. Here, a bay opens, and huts cling close to a shingly shore. The Elves steer up a stream which flows out of a rocky canyon. The canyon walls grow higher and higher, until the rafts pass a portcullis and suddenly they find themselves in the caves of the Elvenking.

Baldor is met by a friend of his, an Elf named Lindar who is master of the king’s cellars. Baldor and Cereidh are welcome here – the other characters may not be so lucky.

Lindar is ready to be convinced of your good character.


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

Cereidh will speak up on her friends' behalf.

Persuasion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"Linar!" No less forward among her own people, she pulls her old friend into a quick one-armed hug. "I'm glad to be home. But only briefly. Has Legolas my prince returned by now? He'd explain our business - only briefly intersecting with Baldor's, here - better than I can. But we are carrying a message from King Bard, and I think that my company here, with my company, are better couriers than a party of outlanders belonging only to one foreign land."


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

Uh, will, crud. Sorry guys ...


Middle Earth map

Entering the Long Marshes: Day 6, 3pm

"Alas, fair Cereidh, Legolas has yet to return from Dale.

"While you are welcome home, your companions must speak for themselves." Lindar replies.


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

Cereidh shoots everyone else an apologetic grimace for her really bad persuasion roll.


Male Minas Tirith HP: 60/60 | Temp HP: 0/7 | d10+3 6/6 | Second Wind 1/1
Stats:
AC 20 (21 with ally) | Str +8* Dex +2 Con +6* Int +2 Wis +1 Cha +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +4 | Insight +1 | Inspiration? Yes

Earlier

"You heard correctly, Anar. Minas Tirith stands strong still."

Now

Findegil gives Cereidh a sympathetic glance before turning to face the elf sentinel.

"Lindar, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Findegil, son of Durothil, knight of Minas Tirith. Bar Master Baldor here, we and Cereidh have been tasked with a duty by the First Council of the North. We would pass through your lands swiftly and in peace."

Persuasion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Warden 4

"I am Anar, a dwarf of the lonely mountain. We mean no harm to your lands or your kin"

Persuasion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Middle Earth map

Entering the Halls of the King Thranduil: Day 6, 3pm

Lindar needs a DC 15 Intelligence (Traditions) check. Less educated heroes might make a DC 20 Charisma (Persuasion) check instead.


M Dúnedain Scholar Lv:3
Stats:
AC 14 Str 0 Dex +3 Con +3 Int +6* Wis +6* Cha +1 Initiative +3 Perception +4 Insight +4

Krogan looks at Lindar and speaks in fluent Sindarin

"Greetings Lindar I am Krogan from the north. I am honored to meet you and to be in the home of the fair folk. Gandalf sends his greetings. How have things been here."

Persuasion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

Christ.


Male Minas Tirith HP: 60/60 | Temp HP: 0/7 | d10+3 6/6 | Second Wind 1/1
Stats:
AC 20 (21 with ally) | Str +8* Dex +2 Con +6* Int +2 Wis +1 Cha +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +4 | Insight +1 | Inspiration? Yes

"I would enter these halls as a friend of Mirkwood, or not at all."

Persuasion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

In case Traditions can help...Findegil is actually trained in them.

Traditions: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Middle Earth map

Entering the Halls of the King Thranduil: Day 6, 3pm

"I see the nobility in you, knight of Gondor. You may enter the halls of Thanduil." Lindar replies.

Findegil, you already rolled Persuasion earlier. I took the 10 that you rolled for your Traditions check. You had a +2 from something else to succeed.

Mal, the wild hobbit guide, makes no attempt to converse with the master of the Elven king's cellars.


Male Minas Tirith HP: 60/60 | Temp HP: 0/7 | d10+3 6/6 | Second Wind 1/1
Stats:
AC 20 (21 with ally) | Str +8* Dex +2 Con +6* Int +2 Wis +1 Cha +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +4 | Insight +1 | Inspiration? Yes

Findegil bows, and enters.

"May my companions enter?"


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

Cereidh hangs back until everyone else has been granted passage. She doesn't have to worry about being barred, herself, and so taking advantage of her welcome immediately.


Middle Earth map

Entering the Halls of the King Thranduil: Day 6, 3pm

"No, sir knight. You're companions should remain here to ‘guard the supplies’. In two days, we will bring you and your companions to the edge of Thranduil’s realm. In the meantime, they can remain here in the caves; I promise to send down some bread and wine." Lindar replies.


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

"Certainly you don't intend to leave a Broadanvil and Mithrandir's own friend out here? After my Lord Thranduil's just recently gone through so much trouble becoming civil with the dwarves, too." Cereidh keeps up a light tone. "If you are, I'll stay here as well. Although I should like that at least one of my new friends, Sir Findegil, should see our court."


M Dúnedain Scholar Lv:3
Stats:
AC 14 Str 0 Dex +3 Con +3 Int +6* Wis +6* Cha +1 Initiative +3 Perception +4 Insight +4

Nods, understanding the Elf's reasoning might not agree with it but he will respect it.


Middle Earth map

Entering the Halls of the King Thranduil: Day 6, 3pm

"The other man, dwarf and wild hobbit are not welcome today in the halls of Thranduil. They can safely wait here in the caves of the doorstep."

"Fair Cereidh, you are welcome to come and go as you please and can bring your companions the bounties of the halls. " Lindar replies.

Are we done here? Are you ready for Findegil and maybe Cereidh for a description of the halls? And for everyone else to camp in the caves?


Female Elf of the Mirkwood Warrior (6)

Cereidh inclines her head wryly in defeat.

She'll accompany Findegil into the halls, although she plans to spend most of her time out in the caves once she's ferried enough food for everyone.

51 to 100 of 1,725 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Gathering of the Council of the North All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.