Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Square Sails on the Horizon (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

"Full sails ahead, ocean painted red when the soldiers of fortune hunt for pirates"
(Turisas - Hunting Pirates)


251 to 300 of 801 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human (Ulfen) Magus (Myrmidarch) 1

Gylfir completes his circuit and sees the others moving in closer. He lifts the coin hanging at his throat up to his lips and kisses it for luck. Shield cast upon himself.

A glance at Ellisif shows Gylfir that their wyrd lay in that dark portal. He pulls a small piece of amber for the pouch on his belt. He gives it a hard squeeze, and a hint of dim yellow light flickers from a few initial sparks until it finally gives off a steady dull yellow glow, the light seeming to originate from a lightening bug encased in the amber. A cord attached to the stone, he loops over his neck to join his lucky coin. Casts Light


”Halda. We berserkr are trained to fight the dead that walk. I do not wish to take honour from any of you vaskr souls, but if we are to enter the barrow I am best placed at the vanguard of this... hégómi.”

The stocky dvergr, now stripped to the waist, turns his milky eye to you all;

”With this eye of þoka... I see into their vegr.. Weal or woe, I know not. Front or back, I care not. But when the andlát begins you will wish the dvergr is taken before you nei?”

Torgeir grimly stands, ax and shield readied and waits...

halda =hold, hold fast
vaskr = brave
hégómi = folly
þoka = fog
vegr = place, world, plane
andlát = death, dying


Primordial Ooze

Just need a confirmation of it Roluo or Kjell cede their position at the bow for the dvergr to take? - then I'll move you within the barrow


Male Ulfen Bard (Skald)/1

Roluo will step back and keep his shield lit and pointing ahead.


Primordial Ooze

The brave dvergr and young vikingr lead the way into the barrow. The air within seems somewhat heavy and laden with a musty smell of freshly turned earth. Moving twenty feet in you reach the cross path and can see the first of the side chambers. In each side chamber you see a pair of graves that look intact. The grave is covered by a layer of loose stones and an old blade laid atop that. A shield is thrust into the earth at the grave's head.

Perception DC 12:
The blades are rusted and pitted from exposure.

Looking further down the barrow you can see the room that is at it's head - directly opposite the entrance. It is still bathed in shadowed light and you cannot ken what lies within it yet. The earth at your feet is still fresh in the sidechambers, though you notice the boot prints travelling down the tunnel to the chamber at the end of the barrow.


Male Ulfen Bard (Skald)/1

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

"Rusted blades, used in the customs of our people and here for some time. See you anything ahead Torgeir, I've not the eyes for this work."


Torgeir spits upon the barrow floor and casts a baleful eye over their pathway:

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Primordial Ooze

Neither Roluo or Torgeir can känsla any threat in the side chambers of the moment... though there is a presence further into the barrow - within the end chamber you'd wager.

Torgeir can just make out the edge of a cairn within the end chamber... though it's stack has been disturbed and slightly scattered.

känsla - sense

Order of march is (correct if necessary):
Torgeir + Kjell
Roluo + Gylfir
Ulfarr (with Surtr at heel) + Jorleif
Ellisif + Kitta


Primordial Ooze

A chill wind blows through the barrow, banishing the Paizo site issues that have paralyzed the game for a few days and breathing new life into it...


Black Úlfarr draws his flail and follows behind the others as we advance into the barrow. Surtr stays close at his side, body squeezed against Úlfarr in anticipation of the threats within. The order you have indicated is fine.


Jorleif refreshes the light on the arrow and tries to prepare himself for the unthinkable coming out of the cairn ahead.


Male Human (Ulfen) Magus (Myrmidarch) 1

Gylfir tightens his grip on the Ancor.

This!....This is what lies under the hedge. That which a man should not see. How did I lead them to this?.....


Male Ulfen Bard (Skald)/1

"No sense delaying brothers, lead on and let us find where this takes us."

Roluo makes sure his light is pointed ahead.


Torgeir grimly sets his jaw as he hears the skalds words;

Lead? To the feigr...

The dvergr beckons his ax towards the disturbed cairn:

"Tillit to the jrð..."

feigr = dead, doomed
tillit = look, glance
jrð = earth, ground


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Primordial Ooze

Moving forward into the barrow, the dvergr and young vikingr draw near to the disturbed cairn. As you come near enough to potentially gaze within, a figure rises from among the stones. Garbed in old bronzed armor, shield on its left and sword in scabbard on its right; a skeletal figure stands and it's helmeted head looks at you with empty sockets. The air around the revenant is slightly foggy as though it is beyond freezing cold. A sound issues forth in an archaic dialect of Skald "Varför kommer den levande ... Detta är ett hus för de döda ..."

Varför kommer den levande ... Detta är ett hus för de döda ... - Why do the living come... this is a house of the dead...

Perception DC 14:
The revenant's armor and skeletal claws are covered with blood.


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Torgeir winces as the revenant rises, his fears realised;

Gripping his ax and shield, the devrgr stands firm at the challenge of the dead...

"Vér should nie be in sási place of the falla..."

vér = we
sási= this
falla = fallen, slain


Two Handed Fighter/4; AC: 21; HP: 47/47; F: +6, R: +4, W: +1; Init: +3; Perc: +1

Pereception: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Aye, but here we are, do we need to make it even deader?

Kjell hefts his Axe before him.


Male Ulfen Bard (Skald)/1

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Roluo holds up his axe to the creature, showing the side.

"We followed a spirit after slaying a frost bear, and it led us here. We seek those who first disturbed your slumber ancient one."

If the dead rise...and we passed other tombs...


Male Human (Ulfen) Magus (Myrmidarch) 1

Perception -> 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

"Aye. We trusted an animal guide that brought us here. We came seeking to help if we can." But we will fight, if we were tricked.


Perception 1d20 ⇒ 8

Black Úlfarr tenses at the sight of the revenant. The hare led us to this? Why? At his side Surtr growls a warning at the creature. Black Úlfarr's free hand rests on the wolf's hackles.


Perception 1d20 ⇒ 15

"What is that blood on your claws from doda?"


Primordial Ooze

The revenant makes no move forward or back, feet remaining planted in the center of the cairn it rose from. "Blodet släckt min törst ... törsten som väckte mig ur sömnen av de döda. Min linje är borta, men det är förbannelse lever vidare." the skeletal form's head tilts back slightly and you could swear that a light breeze blew through the barrow towards it. If seems as though smelling the air, before adding "Din doft lockar mig ... om du värderar ditt liv norrmännen ... du skulle inte dröja för mig"

1st phrase: The blood slaked my thirst... the thirst that awoke me from the sleep of the dead. My line is gone, though it's curse lives on.

2nd phrase: Your scent tempts me... if you value your life northmen... you would not linger before me

Behind you Ellisif has summoned enough strength to stand on her own, and Kitta looks to her in a mixture of fear and concern. Ellisif begins to mutter under her breath in rapidfire syllables.

Perception DC 15:
She is talking in the tongue of the seelie court, though her tones are hushed and cannot be heard enough to understand.


Scowling Torgeir steps forward, not heeding the words of the frail one;

" Your nafn is feiknstaf? Hverr standa before us? Mine auga sees your skein daudrmin... Tala..."

nafn = name
feiknstaf = accursed
hverr = who
standa = stands
daudrmin = deadman
tala = speak


Two Handed Fighter/4; AC: 21; HP: 47/47; F: +6, R: +4, W: +1; Init: +3; Perc: +1

Kjell steps forward with Torgeir and flourishes hid Axe before him.

I think you better listen daudrim.

duadrim = deadman


Primordial Ooze

A dry chuckle that sounds almost like stones falling on dry leaves echoes through the barrow. The aptrgangr speaks "De döda är inte rädda för de levande... heller skyldig dem ord." and it then exhales a foul breath toward you, chill wind flooding the burial mound as it does. Despite the sound of stones tumbling and scrape of metal coming from beside you... you find it difficult to pry your attention away from the revenant...

DC 12 Will save for all bar Surtr - to see if you start the first round fascinated

Behind you Ellisif's words rise to a crescendo as she finishes an incantation "... käsissä kuolleet eivät voita." Your sword arm feels bolstered, and your heart inured against the fear of the dead.

Sylvan:
"...the hands of the dead shall not prevail."

You are all affected by a bless spell for 10 rounds.

De döda är inte rädda för de levande... heller skyldig dem ord.- the dead do not fear the living... nor owe them words.
aptrgangr - one that walks again

Initiative Block:
Torgeir: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Kjell: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Úlfarr and Surtr: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Jorleif: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Roluo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Gylfir: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Ellisif and Kitta: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Aptrgangr: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Action Tracker (Round 1): Kjell, Úlfarr and Surtr, Torgeir, Aptrgangr, Jorleif, Gylfir, Ellisif and Kitta, Roluo

Map


Will Save DC 12: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Despite the foul wind that stings his good eye, the dvergr remains resolute to the task ahead. Steam rises from the knotted muscle of Torgeir's back as the brand around his ruined eye ignites in a dull glow;

Enter Rage (free action)

The berserkr steps toward his undead foe, bellowing a challenge as he does (Moves to E3):

"The dead may not ótti the living, but you should ótti the aldinn járn that we wield! Come Aptrgangr – let the bruni of life, warm your kaldr beinr!

Blessed Rage Ax Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Bersekr Iron War Ax: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

ótti = dread, fear
aldinn = old
járn = iron
bruni = heat, fire
kaldr = cold
beinr = bones


Primordial Ooze

Torgeir's axe strikes true, crunching into the revenant's bones - but the damage left by it's passage is somewhat lesser than expected... some nature of the draugr resisting your strike.

Action Tracker (Round 1): Kjell, Úlfarr and Surtr, Torgeir, Aptrgangr, Jorleif, Gylfir, Ellisif and Kitta, Roluo

Damage Tracker:
Revenant - 4


Two Handed Fighter/4; AC: 21; HP: 47/47; F: +6, R: +4, W: +1; Init: +3; Perc: +1

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Round 1, AC: 16, HP: 13/13, Firious Focus, Power Att, Blessed

Kjell steps forward to F3, next to Torgeir, and brings his Axe down with a furious stroke.

To the mud with ya, for good!

Greataxe ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21
Greataxe DAM: 1d12 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 + 3 = 18


Male Human (Ulfen) Magus (Myrmidarch) 1

Will Save -> 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

A childhood image of a child dragged into the dark soil, flood Gylfir's mind.

thisiswhatisunderthehedgethisiswhatisundrthehedgethisiswhatisundrthewedge

Facinated; AC 17/13; hp 11


Will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Black Ulfarr stares dumbly at the revenant wondering why Kjell is so determined to beat it into the ground. At his side, Surtr growls, waiting for a command from his master that is slow to come.


Primordial Ooze

Kjell steps up beside his sköld-bror and unleashes a mighty strike. It carves a ruinous passage along the draugr's chest armor and cleaves off a portion of it's pelvis. It is staggered, but still ready and able to fight on.
sköld-bror - shield-brother

Surtr's growl and his pawing at Úlfarr's leg is enough to rouse the northman from his reverie.
Black Úlfarr - Surtr would be a canny enough companion to realise something was wrong and act to jostle you free from the effect. No action this round - but you're ready for Round 2

The revenant's voice resonates deeply as it cries "Rise mina krigare, uppmanar jag er" as it draws it's blade.
Cleaving attack on Torgeir: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Cleaving attack on Kjell: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
In a smooth attacking arc the sword is flashed across both Torgeir and Kjell's trunk - both stout men being left erfarenh by its passage.

Rise mina krigare, uppmanar jag er - Rise my warriors, I call upon you
erfarenh - blooded

The grating sound of bones scraping on other bone and metal come from the side chambers as minions rise and move forward at the command of the revenant. Long dead huscarl and banner-men both move to engage those not beset by the draugr.

Action Tracker (Round 1): Kjell, Úlfarr and Surtr, Torgeir, Aptrgangr, Jorleif, Gylfir, Ellisif and Kitta, Roluo

Damage Tracker:
Revenant - 18

Obviously the approach of the skeletal horde is more than enough to 'test' the fascinated effect. - so those that have not yet acted in round 1 effectively get two saves: a success on either of them will allow for a full rounds worth of actions (that includes you Gylfir)

Updated Map


Primordial Ooze

One other note - if Roluo manages his first fascination save, he'll get an AoO on the draugr as it moves past before him.


Male Ulfen Bard (Skald)/1

Round 1

Status:

HP = 10/10
AC = 16
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 30'
Bardic Performance Left = 7/7
Bard Spells Known (CL 1, +2 melee touch, +2 ranged touch):
1 *DC 14 (2/day) Grease*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 *DC 13 (at will) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation*, Light, Spark*
Status Effects = None

Will Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

AoO since I passed (barely)
Battleaxe 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Roluo manages to wake himself from the revenant's gaze in time to swing at the skeleton in front of him. Lacking space to maneuver and unwilling to leave his battle brother alone, he swings again at the creature.

Battleaxe at same skeleton
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Will Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Jorleif pales for a moment but shakes it off when seeing everyone else in danger. Being attacked by skeletons Jorleif ditches his bow and draws his mace to attack a nearby skeleton.

Free action to drop bow, move to draw Heavy Mace. 5' step to F10 Standard attack

Heavy Mace 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Primordial Ooze

Roluo's strike at the passing aptrgangr is true and lays his foe to the ground. His follow up and Jorlief's strike are less successful.

Kitta and Ellisif weather the revenant's enticing breath before spinning in place to face the foes coming upon them from behind. Kitta's boarding axes come from her hips and towards the skeletal foes...
Hand Axe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 and 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
...scoring a solid strike against one of the dead. Ellisif crowds close to Kitta, hoping that the stout

Action Tracker (Round 2): Kjell, Úlfarr and Surtr, Torgeir, Aptrgangr, Jorleif, Gylfir, Ellisif and Kitta, Roluo

Damage Tracker:
Revenant - 18
Dead - F,12 - 6

Notes: Bless still in effect until end Round 10

Map for Round 2


Two Handed Fighter/4; AC: 21; HP: 47/47; F: +6, R: +4, W: +1; Init: +3; Perc: +1

Round 2, AC: 16, HP: 13/13, Furious Focus, Power Att, Blessed

Kjell slides five feet to the right (G2) for tactical purposes, and yells to Torgeir,

Flank!

Greataxe ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16
Greataxe DAM: 1d12 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 + 3 = 20


Round 2 AC: 12 HP: 13/18 CONDITIONS: Raging 2/6 Blessed 2/10

Torgeir grunts a nod at Kjell’s wisdom and also shifts to the left (5 foot step to D2)

Brand framing his ruined eye glowing bright, the devrgr swings his ancient ax once again upon their dead foe:

Flanking Raging Bless’d War Ax: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

War Ax Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human (Ulfen) Magus (Myrmidarch) 1

Round 1

Second Will Save -> 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

thisiswhatisunderthehedgethisiswhatisundrthehedgethisiswhatisundrthewedge

Facinated; AC 17/13; hp 11


Round 2

Black Úlfarr spares a moment to glance down at Surtr, murmuring, "Thanks Surtr, it had me for a moment." He turns his attention to the skeleton closing from the left trying to swing his flail at it around the corner.

Attack 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 = 26 Skeleton gets +4 to AC from cover
Confirm 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11
I'll assume that does not confirm.
Damage 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Surtr snarls and snaps at the skeleton's leg.
Attack 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8


Primordial Ooze

The corners don't provide cover if you're just around them - they're a bit more rounded than the map would seem to indicate. Doesn't matter for Úlfarr's nat 20, but as a point of order

Kjell steps to the side and unleashes a mighty strike, but it is turned by the quality of the revenant's ancient armor. Torgeir's strike suffers the same fate - the draugr left battered, but no further broken.

Úlfarr's axe lays one of the walking dead low, clearing space for Surtr to step forward and lunge at the second behind it - though the vargr's jaws close on naught but air.

Gylfir is shaken from his fugue by the sight of weapons flashing toward his head...
Greataxe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
...ducking the ax blow, but the point of the spear raking across his ribs leaves him bleeding. Officially no longer fascinated

Roluo's opponent steps out from the tunnel to be astride it's fallen shield-brother and strikes...
Spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
...but the thrust goes wide.

The walker before Jorleif swings a bearded ax toward him...
Greatax: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 for 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
...strike weakened by gouging the earth as it approaches, but still wounding the rune-caster.

Surtr attempts to weave away from a spear-thrust...
Spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
...but is caught solidly in his side just above his rear leg and left whimpering in pain.

Kitta's hand-axs weave as she weathers the blows of two opponents...
Spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
...unable to keep one thrust away and getting a furrow ploughed through her thigh. She gasps in pain, and sets her jaw to return the favor.

The revenant's chuckles once more fill the barrow as the salty metallic tang of blood starts to fill the air. He rounds on the dvergr, blade flashing and his fetid bloodstained maw lunging close...
Sword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 for 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 - and a Fort save please
...easily working through the reavr dvergr's defenses and opening a belly slash before it's teeth sink into the berzerkr on his shoulder. Torgeir feels a pull upon his livskraft even as the darkness comes to engulf him.

livskraft - life force

Action Tracker (Round 2): Kjell, Úlfarr and Surtr, Torgeir, Aptrgangr, Jorleif, Gylfir, Ellisif and Kitta, Roluo

Damage Tracker:
Revenant - 18
Dead - F,12 - 6

Updated Map


Male Human (Ulfen) Magus (Myrmidarch) 1

Round 2

Pain brings Gylfir's mind around. Get a grip boy or or you will spend an eternity down here......I gave you that ancor for a reason.

A spark of ghostly fire races up the chain and ignites along the Ancor. Gylfir brings it down first on the ax bearer. Swift action to expend 1 arcane pool point; 3/4 left.

+1 Maul attack -> 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19
+1 Maul damage -> 2d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5) + 4 + 1 = 13


Primordial Ooze

Gylfir's weighty weapon blasts through the ax wielder as though the figure were made of paper - bones snapping as it drops to the earth.

Action Tracker (Round 2): Kjell, Úlfarr and Surtr, Torgeir, Aptrgangr, Jorleif, Gylfir, Ellisif and Kitta, Roluo

E,6 is down


Round 2 AC: 12 HP: -1/18 CONDITIONS: Lying... Dying...

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Pish!

Stabilise Attempt DC 11: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Baws!


Male Ulfen Bard (Skald)/1

Round 2

Status:

HP = 10/10
AC = 16
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 30'
Bardic Performance Left = 7/7
Bard Spells Known (CL 1, +2 melee touch, +2 ranged touch):
1 *DC 14 (2/day) Grease*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 *DC 13 (at will) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation*, Light, Spark*
Status Effects = Bless

Roluo swings again, attempting to down the skeleton in front of him.

Battleaxe
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Torgeir is down!"


Round 2 AC:16 HP:5/10 Conditions:Bless

Jorleif gets hit by a walker nearly knocking him down. Shaking it off as best as he can he swings his heavy mace back at the creature.

Attack with Heavy Mace1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 1 = 19
Damage with Heavy Mace1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Jorleif steps back to F9 after he swings


Primordial Ooze

Roluo's ax grazes his chosen foe, but does not cause it distress.

Jorleif is more successful, his mace shattering a hip and accounting for one of the draugr.

Kitta continues to flail at the enemies before her...
Hand Axe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 and 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
...putting the skeletal warrior she damaged earlier back in the grave. Ellisif takes a step towards the barrow's entrance and resumes her guard.

Action Tracker (Round 3): Kjell, Úlfarr and Surtr, Torgeir, Aptrgangr, Jorleif, Gylfir, Ellisif and Kitta, Roluo

Damage Tracker:
Revenant - 18
Dead - F,12 - down
Dead - E,6 - down
Dead - G,10 - down

I'll update the map after Kjell and Ulfarr's actions.

Torgeir:
I'll fill you in on the effect of the failed Fort save post combat


Round 3

Black Úlfarr rushes through the opening left by Jorleif and swings his flail against the skeleton still in the crypt.
Attack (Heavy Flail, Bless) 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20
Damage 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Behind him, Surtr ignores the wound in his side and snaps with renewed fury at the skeleton's thigh.
Attack (Bite, Bless) 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 = 18
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Trip 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
The wolf shifts around the skeleton making room for Black Úlfarr or another attacker. C11

Status:

Black Úlfarr
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14..(+4 Armor, +2 Dex)
hp 11/11
Attack Heavy Flail +5 (1d10+6/19-20/x2, Disarm, Trip)
Effects Bless

Surtr
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12. . (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 11/17
Attack Bite +2 (1d6+1/20/x2)
Effects Bless


Two Handed Fighter/4; AC: 21; HP: 47/47; F: +6, R: +4, W: +1; Init: +3; Perc: +1

[ooc]Round 3, AC: 16, HP: 13/13, Furious Focus, Power Att, Blessed

Kjell, seeing Torgeir go down, attemps to exact vengeance!

Hurt my oar brother will ya?!

Greataxe ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Greataxe DAM: 1d12 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 3 = 15


Round 3 AC: 12 HP: -2/18 CONDITIONS: Lying... Dying...

Stabilise Attempt DC 12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Primordial Ooze

Úlfarr's flail puts paid to another of the long-dead foes and Surtr's jaw finds purchase, but is unable to deal grave damage nor bring his assailant to the ground.

Kjells strike of retribution is wide, though at the least Torgeir's breath grows more stable and even.

The revenant, with Torgeir's still warm blood coloring it's maw turns on his other prey...
Sword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
...it's teeth fouled by the Ulfen's armor, but sword worming through defences to spill fresh blood...
Kjell - the revenant hit you with it's first cleaving strike didn't it? - which with 6+8=14 damage puts you down?

The spear wielder to Gylfir's side steps out into the barrow proper and lunges...
Spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
...the ancient point driving through defenses to bury itself in Gylfir's gut.

The draugr opposite Roluo attacks...
Spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
...it's strike accurate and only turned by the workmanship of Roluo's armor - leaving him bruised, but skin unbroken.

The skeletal warrior facing Surtr tries to strike the vargr at it's feet...
Spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
...though it's aim is fouled by the wolf's tenacity

The ax wielding Kitta is hard pressed by her remaining foe...
Spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
...unable to stop the enemy's spear from ramming through her chest and knocking her spinning to the ground.

Shrieking in pain and fear, Ellisif steps back behind Kitta's body and her eyes roll back as she throws hands to the side. A keening wail can be heard as a breath of intangible warmth floods from her...
Channel Positive: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Affects all bar Torgeir and Kjell.
Undead Saves: 4d20 ⇒ (3, 17, 13, 11) = 44 With a +2 - means two successes
...lending strength to the hearts of those oppressed and stripping that which holds the draugr together from their bones. Even as your heart is emboldened, three of the aptrgangr return to dust. Kitta returns from the blackness at Ellisif's feet, just in time to find the sickly girl half-collapse from her exertion.

I think that leaves Gylfir on zero HP? - but as Ellisif acts after you in initiative I think that's you spent until Round 4?

Action Tracker (Round 3): Kjell, Úlfarr and Surtr, Torgeir, Aptrgangr, Jorleif, Gylfir, Ellisif and Kitta, Roluo

Damage Tracker:
Revenant - 18
Dead - F,6 - 3

Updated Map for Round 3

251 to 300 of 801 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Square Sails on the Horizon - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.