Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sardaukar's Legacy of Fire

Game Master Sardaukar


4,151 to 4,200 of 7,166 << first < prev | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | next > last >>

As fire threatens her and a rapier rests ready at her throat, her song comes to a sudden and abrupt halt. Swallowing hard, she opens her mouth once again, "Wasn't my best performance anyways." She glances up towards Pae, unusual to do for a Halfling, and asks, "Do you mind pointing that thing somewhere else?"

Osirion

A look of disappointment crosses the paladin's features as he shakes his head as if trying to clear away a mental fog, "Why did y..." Looking around at the others from his seated position realization begins to dawn on him. A flash of anger crosses his face and he locks the half-elf's eyes with his own, "Last we saw our rocky elemental friend was with you. Where is he now? What did you do with him?" His anger evaporates to confusion and then mild embarrassment as Pae and Efreat inform him that Hazreem is in the other room safe and sound.

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae smiles down at the prisoner.."Now your going to be a good girl and cooperate aren't you"

He calls back to Hazreem in Terran.."What did you find down there my friend"


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Simultaneously angered and embarassed at her poor performance (and perhaps passing up a chance to simply thump the woman with her staff), Mah'ysa mumbles something like a thank you to Pae.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem glides under the floor and emerges in front of the halfing. After giving a nod tot he half-elf lady, he responds in the Terran tongue:

Terran:
"There is some sort of underground complex, but I did not explore very far. There was a barracks, well guarded, and also a chamber holding a sarcophagus. And one more thing, the guards mentioned someone named Khair."

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

"Hazreem says there is some kind of underground complex down there..he found a barracks and a chamber with a sarcophogus and the guards were talking about someone named Khair"


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I Images: 6

"Hey rocky, if you're here, who is watching the guards upstairs?"


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem replies in Terran, which Pae helpfully translates. "He says he left Daumari in charge of the prisoners."


The half-elf woman seems to break down a bit as everyone seems to be crowding into the room, her voice weeping as Pae's rapier continues to rest at her throat while he translates for the elemental. "Please, please, what do you want from me?"

I'd assume Daumari came back into the hallway from the warehouse and is dealing with or abusing the prisoners. :)


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Sorry, family drama's been holding my attention this week. I'm actually looking for a support beam of some sort. I plan on hoisting the thugs several feet off the ground, bound and gagged, until we figure out what's really going on.

Osirion

Getting a hold of himself Bahir stands and addresses the half-elf, "We came for our friend Rayhan. If you tell us where we can find him and who we are dealing with, like this Khair, things will go easier on you." He looks meaningfully at Pae's blade.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae smiles sweetly at the woman..he doesn't really need to do anything else.

Not with that intimidateion score from Bahir


As the towering figure approaches, the bound elven woman looks up with a look of fear in her eyes. Her eyes seem to widen a bit at the mention of Khair. "They... they..." she stutters at first before calming herself, "they took him downstairs." She looks down and stares at the floor before continuing, "Khair is the Jackal's priest. A few of the men dragged your man down there a few hours ago." She looks back up at the Paladin and says, "I don't know what they're doing with him or why, but if he's still alive, he'd be down in the prison cells. I just run the operations up here." She glances around at the others before saying, "Please, please don't hurt me." Tears start forming as she turns her gaze away. "I only do this because he'd kill me if I didn't. He'd kill me and eat me if I didn't go along, just like he did to my last boss. Please, you don't know who you're dealing with here. He'll do the same to you. He'll kill me just for telling you this." She proceeds to sob a bit.

-----------------

Out in the warehouse, Daumari is able to collect several 5 foot long 2x4s used in the construction of the larger crates. He carries them back to where the captured guards are and relieves the elemental from watch duty.

Osirion

A look of relief comes over his face at the mention that they are indeed in the right place to find Rayhan, "Then it sounds as if it is your best interest to help us as much as possible. Perhaps you would be kind enough to draw us a map. It sounds as if we are going to have a very finale run in with this Jackal and you best hope we win. The more you help us the less likely I am inclined to drag you along with us." Looking to Pae and Efreat, "Would you make sure she is disarmed before we free her hands if she chooses to cooperate?"

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Pae searches the woman in a brisk and professional manner.

"Is she carrying anything Magical Efreat?"


She nods in defeat and allows herself to be helped to her feet and submits to the frisking by the halfling. After removing the short bow and quiver from her back and the sheath for her rapier that fell on the floor when she was knocked out, you pat her down. You feel hard metal rings underneath her clothing that cover her entire upper body. Definitely a chainmail shirt. She must have put this on after Hazreem woke her up but before you broke in. Hidden under her robes, you find a small stick, a wand of some kind. Efreat scans it and detects a moderate conjuration aura emanating from it. He also notices a faint evocation aura coming from the rapier on the floor. There is also a band around her hair line that glows with a moderate transmutation aura. But nothing else but her clothing can be found on her.

Assuming you remove her binds...

With the tight grip around her wrists removed, she rubs them for a few seconds before turning and carefully bending down to drag her bedroll to the other side of the back wall. Below, there is the outline of a opening in the floor and a small indentation in the wood forming a handle to pull it up. She turns back to Bahir, "The Jackal's Lair is down through there. I try to stay out of there myself, but it's built around an old sea cave that leads into the ocean. Just follow the main path and you'll eventually find him."

Osirion

Bahir nods that he understands, "That is helpful but I am just as interested in where I can find Rayhan. Tell me how to get there quickly and get him to safety."


"The prison cells are next to the Jackal's chamber. You find him, you find your Rayhan."

Osirion

Hmmm, forgot to detect evil on her. He will do so now.

Looking around at his companions, "Anyone else have anything to ask before we continue on?" If not then he will move to open the trapdoor while commenting, "Will someone rebind her and make sure she isn't able to sing with a gag or something?"

I am assuming that Pae took her weapons and magical gear at this point. If not, then Bahir will hand the rapier to Haleen to hold on to for now and give Efreat the wand and band. He's not so much about the looting our enemies as he is about making sure they have the least chance of continuing to do us harm.


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I Images: 6

Efreat checks the woman over, "Take the band from her hair it is magical. The wand and the rapier are also magical."
spellcraft checks to id the three items1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 221d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 311d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Rolls:

Combat Casting: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

Bahir:
You do not detect any evil auras coming from her.

Having checked the woman over earlier and removed all her magical items, Efreat proceeds to identify the items...

As you moved forward to rebind her, she backs away suddenly, and flings a wisp of smoke into the air as she makes an arcane gesture. But nothing happens and you are on her before she has a chance to try again. She starts sobbing as you tie her up again.

Spellcraft DC18:
She attempted to cast Gaseous Form, but her timing was off and it failed to work.

Bahir moves to open the hatch in the floor, but it doesn't budge. There appears to be a strange, small lock in the wood.

Efreat makes quick work of identifying the items and determines them as follows:
- Headband of Alluring Charisma +2
- Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds (45 charges)
- +1 Rapier

Osirion

Looking down at the strange lock, "Hmmm, Pae what do you make of this?" Then looking back toward the woman, "Do you have the key? How do we open it?"


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Perception1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Pae examines the lock

Osirion

Take your time (take a 20) if you want Pae. We are not in any immediate rush that I am aware of here. I think we managed to capture everyone before they could raise the alarm. At least that is the assumption Bahir is working under. Of course, maybe the prisoner will just give us the key.


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I Images: 6

spellcraft1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
"Pae, make sure you bind her hands. That spell would have turned into gas but she needs her hands to make the gestures." Efreat thinks about it for a second, "why don't we just knock her out Bahir? You still have that merciful sword going don't you?"

Efreat turns to everyone else and advises them on the magic items. "Can anyone use these items?"

Osirion

A reluctant look crosses his features but it quickly disappears as he turns back to the helpless woman with his scimitar out, "About that key."

When Efreat describes and asks about the items Bahir looks to Mah'ysa, "The wand would help us where we are going. I can ask the Dawnflower's grace only a couple more times today."


She seems to visibly wince at the mention of being beaten unconscious again and she quickly says, "No key, just a phrase. Speak the phrase and the lock opens." A look of panic shows on her face as her escape plan has failed to work.

Pae: You carefully examine the locked hatch, but you don't find anything of interest. It would be difficult as the lock appears to be magical in nature, but you think you might be able to crack it still.


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

While the others continue the interrogation, Daumari keeps searching the storeroom.

I'm not looking to construct anything. I'm going to hoist the thugs from one of the building's existing supports beams. Probably a roof support.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem has been watching the exchange silently. As the group moves to tie up the prisoner again, he speaks softly in the earth creature's language:

Terran:
"Have you asked her what the phrase is to open the trapdoor? I could try to open it from the other side, but I fear the magic wards may prevent me from opening it."

Osirion

With the patience of a saint Bahir asks evenly, "And the phrase would be?"


Several seconds goes by in silence as she stares at the Paladin who patiently waits, a look of fear in her eyes. Finally she breaks the gaze, looks down for a moment, then turns her head towards the locked hatch before saying, "The Jackal Provides." With a slight hiss of air, the seal appears to have disappeared and the wooden hatch visibly releases. It now moves freely in Pae's hands.

Pae:
You notice small writing on the edge of the hatch that reads, in the Halfling language of all things, The Jackal Provides.

Daumari: There are several support beams in the warehouse with numerous crates around them. With the loose wood that you have found, you should be able to brace them against the crates and raise them up in the air from the support beams such that they are off the ground. Numerous other men, the ragged men that never joined the fight, continue to watch you from a safe distance. They have a look consisting of a combination of curiosity and fear at what is going on.

EDIT: It is less of a hiss and more of a noticeable air flow now going down into the hatch, and a little bit of a whistle as it goes past the mostly closed cover.

Osirion

"Thank you lady," He sheaths the scimitar. "It sounds like the only thing The Jackal provides is pain, fear, and death. I hope that you will be free of that after tonight. The Dawnflower offers redemption and light." With that he smiles at the woman and turns to go down the trapdoor. "Is it safe Pae?"


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

When there's time, and because I've lost track of the flow of events, I'll get whoever available to help string up the thugs. Gagged and restrained with nothing but air around them, they shouldn't be too much trouble until someone cuts them down. And on that note:

As he continues his work Daumari calmly turns toward the assembled onlookers. His face is calm, but his words contain an unmistakable edge. "It would be wise to leave now. Do not return, and do not speak of this; you will regret your words if you do not remain silent."

Intimidate 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


The onlookers cringe and fall back when the inquisitor addresses them. But one, visibly shaking, stands his ground and speaks for the first time. "We... we can't. We would get..." he swallows hard before finishing the sentenced, "...punished. There's no where to go."

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae shrugs "No traps that I can see...which isn't to say there isn't something I missed.But I'm as sure as I can be that it is safe.It's definitely Magical but I could crack it given time."

His tone is matter of fact neither boastful nor falsely modest


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

The inquisitor shrugs in response. "Then stay, but do not act against us in any way. When we are done here we will leave."

Osirion

After hearing Pae's assessment the paladin lowers himself down through the trapdoor.

Guess it's time to move on. Who wants to be where in party order?


As Daumari leaves the prisoners hanging high and dry by the seat of their pants, their hands bound behind the pole they are fastened to, he joins the others as they proceed down the stairs into the lair below.

Opening the trap door, you find a dark, spiral staircase leading down several stories before reaching a landing. The walls here appears to have been dug out of the sandstone. The limited lighting here makes it difficult for those without darkvision to make out much, the only light source being the trapdoor above. At the bottom of the stairs, a long, 10-foot wide hallway proceeds off to the south into the darkness.

Following the passage for a bit, you come to a split. The wide passage continues further south but it also branches to the left. About 50 feet down this branch, you faintly make out in the darkness a door blocking the passage. All is quiet down here.

Map Link


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I Images: 6

that position works for me
Efreat chants, "Fizzar" and a glow of light appears on his hand. "Anyone need a light?"

Osirion

Bahir gives a sunrod to anyone who wants one and then activates one of his own and sticks it in his belt. Upon reaching the branch in the passage, "So much for knowing which way is the main path. I'm guessing straight ahead." He begins to continue down the passage.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem, still in his elemental body, murmers softly to Pae in Terran who translates for the others: "The left passageway leads to a guardroom. The sarcophagus passageway is further ahead. I believe the guards may have gone to warn their priest by now."

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

We'd best check anyway " Pae mutters and pads off to listen at the door.

Stealth1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37

Perception1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Pae:
You hear nothing through the door.


As Bahir continues down the path, Pae mutters something about checking anyways and heads off to the side door and listens.

With the magical light and glowing sunrods, you can see much better now. Down the main hallway, the passage branches off to the right and a little later to the left again. At the far end is another door, similar to the other with iron-reinforced wood.

Map Link

Osirion

Bahir slows up and stops awaiting word from Pae.

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae looks back at Bahir and shakes his head..

Is there a lock on this door..I'm considering locking it from this side if there is.


There are no locks that you can tell from the outside. It's a crude door made from wooden planks held together by iron sections. It appears to open away from you. You could probably just push it and it would open. Faint flickering light is visible underneath and along the edge of the door where it would open.


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa follows along behind Bahir, trying not to hover.


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Daumari holds at the intersection and maintains watch of the stairs behind them as he waits for Pae's assessment of the door.

4,151 to 4,200 of 7,166 << first < prev | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zoomackulas's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.