Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Euan's Second Darkness

Game Master Euan

Roll 20 Map
Treasure Sheet
Map of the Land of Black Blood


1 to 50 of 6,522 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Roll 20 Map

Perception DC 23:
You notice a man outside the window. What makes him interesting is his cowl - covering his face and head. Not too uncommon in Riddleport to be sure, but it’s so hot! Seems unusual. He wiggles his fingers a bit, clearly articulating some form of spell…

Perception DC 23 AND Spellcraft DC 16:
The man outside the window casts Charm Person through the window.

A dark man in flowing robes, bearing the sigil of a cyphermage strides into the pub and walks directly to Bartleby. He orders a bottle and mumbles some pleasantries handing Bartleby a pouch. He takes the bottle and strides out into the street heading east deeper into the leeward district (away from the cyphermage hall across the Velashu river to the west).

Perception DC 18 - separate roll from above please:
The cyphermage leans in to Bartlebe and whispers, ”Give this to those folks over there with my compliments. Pay attention, that one, that one, that one, that one, and that one there. No one else, OK? Thanks.” His gestures are subtle, but he’s pointing to elements of your group!

Bartleby weaves his way through the crowd to the group. He carefully opens a simple leather pouch and removes some coins and small vials from within. ”Man at the bar asked me to give these to you. Oh, and there’s a letter too.” he hands a newly minted Korvosan gold sail (1gp) and a vial to each of you. He’s surprised when one of the coins goes to Jallena.


Male CG human bard 9 (arcane duelist) / Swashbuckler 5 | CMB: 12, CMD: 27 | F: +11, R: +18, W: +12 | Init: +10 | Perc: +17, SM +8 | Speed 30ft |

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

GM_Euan wrote:
Bartleby weaves his way through the crowd to the group. He carefully opens a simple leather pouch and removes some coins and small vials from within. ”Man at the bar asked me to give these to you. Oh, and there’s a letter too.” he hands a newly minted Korvosan gold sail (1gp) and a vial to each of you. He’s surprised when one of the coins goes to Jallena.

Dimitrio looks behind his back trying to make sure that Barts is talking to him. "A vial and a gold sail. For me?"

The rogue takes the vial and sniffs at it. He quickly pockets the gold coin.

"You said a letter too?"

Seeing others within the group receiving similar items, he quickly puts away the vial with the coin and adds, "Were you all expecting something because this letter may be for you."


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

Skill Checks:
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Wow, I missed the first two rolls by 1 point each...

Ederin eyes the cypher mage suspiciously as he points around the bar, whispering in Bartlebe's ear. He gets even more unnerved when he's handed a coin and a vial by the bartender.

"Roll some bones one time, one bloody time, and now I'm getting presents from some damn fancyboy who scarpers 'fore I can figure out what he's gonna want in return." He turns to Garridan with a scowl, "It's all your fault mate. Talking gamblin' like it's a way o' life, now I'm in fer trouble with the rest o' you lot!"

Still grumblin about cyphermages and bad luck he realizes the man with the golden earrings is addressing everyone else who received the coin and vial.

"Mate, all I expected today was some grog and some trouble, and I certainly don't know any one who figures I'm worth ink and parchment."


Human HP 108; AC 23, T 16/FF 20; F+10, R+14, W+14; Init +5; Perc +23; CMD 26/23FF

"You know you're dead, right? Twice over, in fact." Bert shakes his head, but can't keep the smile from his face. "The first death at Dad's hands, for spending money on a blade you'll never use, the second death when Mum stares daggers through you for going against her wishes. It's your neck, but I'd recommend you 'play pirate' on the journey back, then sell that off before your foot hits the pier." Lief protests like he always does. Well. But it's never convincing enough to an older brother who knows better.

"Look at the blade, Bert, aw, c'mon, just give it a heft! This is beautiful work, really respectable-looking guy too, who sold it... First rapier, bought in Riddleport! There's not a scratch on it!! It's virgin steel!!" Lief looks the blade over when his brother fails to take him up on the offer.

"That's very fitting, brother." For punctuation, a quick jab to the shoulder, and Lief winces as he accepts another bruise-in-the-making. His pride prevents him from rubbing the arm. Not while Bert's still around.

...

Sitting in the Drunken Lurch, as the crowd subsides somewhat, gives Lief time to think. He taps his mug, hardly drained for its bitter contents. This is my time, to really find myself. Wait, too lacy. Bert, I'm staying. There are many lessons for me here. No, too cheesy. Bert, I think I'm meant to remain behind. Tell them, oh, I don't know what you could tell them... Lief sighs a little, the frustration growing. I'm not dodging him, I'm just giving him some time to enjoy Riddleport before we talk like men, and I see him back aboard. He'll understand, I know he will... Lief tries the wine again, his nose wrinkling and his body shuddering a little from the alcohol. How do people...?

Perception Check v DC 23: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Perception Check v DC 18: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Lief keeps the mug at his lips while his eyes drink in the cyphermage, and his fingerpoints. Lief doesn't spend any effort to conceal the fact that he's not drinking, while his eyes connect fingertip jabs to people surrounding him in various spots in the Lurch. What's... this here...?

When Bartlebe starts his way through the crowd, Lief's initial instinct is to bolt. The transaction between the older men smacks of authority. Hold, Lief, hold. You were included with others. He didn't single you out, specifically. He realizes his hand is resting on his rapier. He frees his hands up to accept what it is the bar owner has to deliver.

As Bartlebe walks away, Lief turns over the gold coin for inspection, the frown at his brow set only after the bar owner turns away. It's the vial that has his true attention. The bar drops away, and the young man's focus hones as he studies the contents.

Detect Magic: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Only after he's convinced what rests within the vial, does Lief really study the faces of the others. The Bearers of the Vials.


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Perception #1
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Perception #2

Kaylayne looks down at the gold coin, confused. She looks at Bartlebe and shrugs. She likes gold coins, and if someone wanted to tip her, she'd take it. She makes the coin disappear into her coin purse and returns to work.

Soon enough she'd leave her shift at the Gold Goblin and serving to the gambler hopefuls. Shaking her head, she wondered how much longer she'd need to work two shifts to get fixed...to get whole again. If it wasn't too late. I hope it's not too late. I'm only mostly dead. I still see myself in the mirror.

Kaylayne is snapped out of her thoughts by some spilt milk. She grabs his dirty bar rag and moves to sop up the spill, still wondering why this one bar in all of Riddleport served milk. It was going to be a long night.

Later, when she has a free moment, she sniffs at contents of the vial.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Perception - ID potion(?)

* * *

"You guys done with your bottles?" Kaylayne asks Garridan and the rest of his companions. "I can get them out of the way for you. Is there anything else you need before I end my shift?" Kaylayne asks hinting about giving a last second chance to earn a few tips.


Roll 20 Map

Lief:
Your vial, and they all look identical, contains a potion of Cure Light Wounds, cast at second level... so it heals a d8+2.

Kaylayne:
You're not sure actually...

The letter is folded paper... very nice paper.


Human HP 108; AC 23, T 16/FF 20; F+10, R+14, W+14; Init +5; Perc +23; CMD 26/23FF
Dimitrio wrote:
"Were you all expecting something because this letter may be for you."

"Don't be so quick to think that letter isn't going to address you, Dimitrio. By the looks on your faces, none of us were expecting a letter, let alone a vial and sail."

"Sir! If you don't mind, I'd like to see that letter you have." Lief extends his hand, palm up, expectantly.


Roll 20 Map

Bartlebe hands the letter to Lief and, mission accomplished, goes back to the bar. You open the strange missive. It’s on fine wood pulp paper, very rare. It’s a little short, as if someone cut off some moniker at the top or bottom. The ink is thick, black, and well blotted - no mess. Again, quality stuff.

Lief:
It reads, ”I have need of a few brave souls to help me out on a little project. You’re far too weak now to be of much use to me to be honest, but I have hopes. You are not the only ones I am contacting so your failures are all your own, but your successes, well that’s another matter.”

”You are all, I believe, headed to the Golden Goblin gambling hall later today. I happened to know there is a raid planned for tonight, a raid I’d very much like you to neutralize. Do so, and I am in your debt - a very comfortable place to be. Fail, and well, you are all on your own.”

There is no signature.


Human HP 108; AC 23, T 16/FF 20; F+10, R+14, W+14; Init +5; Perc +23; CMD 26/23FF

Lief silently reads the letter, screening it for expletives he'd feel uncomfortable saying out loud on first pass. His brow furrows a second time, as he sifts through the implications of the letter, and the complications of the near future, should the information prove correct.

He looks at each of the Vial Bearers, beckoning them to lean closer, before he lowers his voice, and reads the letter out loud, quietly.

"It says here, 'I have need of a few brave souls to help me out on a little project. You’re far too weak now to be of much use to me to be honest, but I have hopes. You are not the only ones I am contacting so your failures are all your own, but your successes, well that’s another matter. You are all, I believe, headed to the Golden Goblin gambling hall later today. I happened to know there is a raid planned for tonight, a raid I’d very much like you to neutralize. Do so, and I am in your debt - a very comfortable place to be. Fail, and well, you are all on your own.' There's no signature, no name, no insignia. Nothing more than these words.”

Lief considers the words, the opportunity, then pulls out his vial. "Well, that would explain our gift. This is a potion that provides healing magic. It's well-cast, a little better than a novice might concoct, and it seems to me likely needed if we are being asked to stop a raid. A raid..." Lief's voice trails off, a light tone of excitement beneath his breath.


Roll 20 Map

Sorry I was not clearer, there is but one letter, shared by the group. Kaylayne hears it read as she is collecting bottles. She is clearly meant to be included by the coin and the vial delivered to each of you by Bartlebe.


Quick Ref:
F6R4W7;Percept +12;Spllcrft +4; Know. Relig. +4; Sense Motive +7; Initative +6;

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 #1
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 #2

Garridan just finishes, the luck ritual, by pouring the remaining contents of his cup out onto the floor when he is approached by Bartlebe and handed a vial and a gold sail. Never paying attention to the man who gave the items to Bartlebe.

Shaking his head wearily, he chides himself, This is what happens when you call on the Gods for luck.


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

"I'll not be drinkin' you till I know what you are." Ederin places the vial in a pocket along with the coin, sitting it next to the other two that were all he had left since his big shopping spree a few weeks back.
Now who all else got this nonsense with me?

He scans the room, mostly noting a lot of faces looking confused, or down right neglected for having not received anything at all. Garridan got one, as did the swarthy fellow asking about the note. Even old Bartys barkeep got one, which may have been the biggest surprise at all. Ederin had barely spoken a word to her in all his time coming to the Lurch, and now fate had them both as members of some strange club.

Last, was the young man who had been sitting quietly nursing his alcohol the whole afternoon. The street rat watched as Bartlebe handed the note to the lad and left to get back to business.

As the boy reads the note aloud Ederin drops his head onto the table with an audible *thunk*, and starts a line of questioning, face still on the table top.

"Weak enough that we ain't of use but prime enough to stop a raid? A raid from who? The gendarme? Hushmen? Pirates?"

He picks his head up and clenches his fist. "Just sitting here mindin' my business and Riddleport drags me in again. Any of you actually thinking about this seriously?"


Quick Ref:
F6R4W7;Percept +12;Spllcrft +4; Know. Relig. +4; Sense Motive +7; Initative +6;
Lief Anemoi wrote:

Lief silently reads the letter, screening it for expletives he'd feel uncomfortable saying out loud on first pass. His brow furrows a second time, as he sifts through the implications of the letter, and the complications of the near future, should the information prove correct.

He looks at each of the Vial Bearers, beckoning them to lean closer, before he lowers his voice, and reads the letter out loud, quietly.

"It says here, 'I have need of a few brave souls to help me out on a little project. You’re far too weak now to be of much use to me to be honest, but I have hopes. You are not the only ones I am contacting so your failures are all your own, but your successes, well that’s another matter. You are all, I believe, headed to the Golden Goblin gambling hall later today. I happened to know there is a raid planned for tonight, a raid I’d very much like you to neutralize. Do so, and I am in your debt - a very comfortable place to be. Fail, and well, you are all on your own.' There's no signature, no name, no insignia. Nothing more than these words.”

Lief considers the words, the opportunity, then pulls out his vial. "Well, that would explain our gift. This is a potion that provides healing magic. It's well-cast, a little better than a novice might concoct, and it seems to me likely needed if we are being asked to stop a raid. A raid..." Lief's voice trails off, a light tone of excitement beneath his breath.

I don't know what this all about, but this might be my opportunity to pay back Saul. Looking at the other vial holders he says quizzically, "What do you make of this? Why us? Did you say a raid? As his brain catches up with his thoughts, "What are we going to do about it?"


Quick Ref:
F6R4W7;Percept +12;Spllcrft +4; Know. Relig. +4; Sense Motive +7; Initative +6;
Ederin Valenta wrote:

He picks his head up and clenches his fist. [B]"Just sitting here mindin' my business and Riddleport drags me in again. Any of you actually thinking about this seriously?"

He considers for a moment, "This might be the change of luck I've been waiting for. Looking to the others, " We're well armed and and look like we know which end of the sword to stab someone with, and regardless I was planning on going to the Goblin tonight anyways."


Male CG human bard 9 (arcane duelist) / Swashbuckler 5 | CMB: 12, CMD: 27 | F: +11, R: +18, W: +12 | Init: +10 | Perc: +17, SM +8 | Speed 30ft |
Lief Anemoi wrote:
Lief considers the words, the opportunity, then pulls out his vial. "Well, that would explain our gift. This is a potion that provides healing magic. It's well-cast, a little better than a novice might concoct, and it seems to me likely needed if we are being asked to stop a raid. A raid..." Lief's voice trails off, a light tone of excitement beneath his breath.

Dimitrio shrugs his shoulders, "I know nothing about a raid. Do I look like a bouncer to you?

The bard straightens his clothes, "I'm a dancer. A professional dancer. It means I get paid to dance. And I'm good. Very good."

His left hand goes back in his pocket, fingers caressing the gold sail. His right hand wraps around the hilt of his rapier. I can dance in other ways.

He turns to the group of companions?, "How about we all head to the Golden Goblin and see what happens? We don't have to get involved, do we?


Quick Ref:
F6R4W7;Percept +12;Spllcrft +4; Know. Relig. +4; Sense Motive +7; Initative +6;
Dimitrio Carini wrote:

He turns to the group of companions?, "How about we all head to the Golden Goblin and see what happens? We don't have to get involved, do we?

"Good point. He looks heavenward, A dancer great. "Why are you doing this to me?"


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

As Garridan and the dancer discuss their intentions about attending the evenings main event, Ederin's eyes go wide and his jaw slacks a bit.

"Andy! Damn it all!" He restrains from tossing his mug across the bar, but just barely. Knuckles turning white, he groans.

"I think any of you are likely to be pig meat if you go there now, but,", never in Riddleport was there a sigh of resignation more desperate than the one Ederin let's out, " so am I. If I don't go, that means I've left my best mate to get hurt, or worse. And if that happens his Ringer is likely to do worse to me than anyone else in this damned city. How long do we have until doors open?"


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21
Lief Anemoi wrote:
"It says here, 'I have need of a few brave souls to help me out on a little project. You’re far too weak now to be of much use to me to be honest, but I have hopes. You are not the only ones I am contacting so your failures are all your own, but your successes, well that’s another matter. You are all, I believe, headed to the Golden Goblin gambling hall later today. I happened to know there is a raid planned for tonight, a raid I’d very much like you to neutralize. Do so, and I am in your debt - a very comfortable place to be. Fail, and well, you are all on your own.'”

Kaylayne chortles aloud, gathering mugs and bottles.

"Yeah, sure. Just another scam," Kaylayne quips, certain she was not asked but interjecting anyway. "I haven't been in Riddleport long, but I'm certain that this is a scam. The Goblin has bouncers and guards. There isn't anything *I* should be doing."

Kaylayne takes a load of stuff back to the bar, setting it there for Bartlebe to rinse and clean. She comes back for another of load.

"While I have a shift there after this, they don't pay me to put my life on the line."


Male CG human bard 9 (arcane duelist) / Swashbuckler 5 | CMB: 12, CMD: 27 | F: +11, R: +18, W: +12 | Init: +10 | Perc: +17, SM +8 | Speed 30ft |
Kaylayne the Undone wrote:
"While I have a shift there after this, they don't pay me to put my life on the line."

Dimitrio pulls out his gold coin and starts to make it dance across his knuckles. "Well, one gold coin is not nearly enough for me to risk my life either."

He lowers his voice somewhat as he confesses, "To be honest with you. I just came to town and I could use the money. My... lifestyle is not cheap." He winks, "You know what I mean?"

Putting the coin away, he shrugs, "I say we have nothing to lose. We go there. Drink a little. Gamble a little. Make some new friends. And if the situation is right, we may even foil this... raid. Yes?"

Dimitrio stats have been adjusted. He's now a bard with a rapier (of course) :)


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21
Dimitrio Carini wrote:
He lowers his voice somewhat as he confesses, "To be honest with you. I just came to town and I could use the money. My... lifestyle is not cheap." He winks, "You know what I mean?"

Kaylayne smiles to herself at that, remembering the tip he did not leave when last they spoke.

No, your lifestyle isn't cheap. Just you are.

Kaylayne says nothing and moves to clean the next table. She's ready for this shift to end.


Roll 20 Map

Bartleby walks up to Kaylayne, "Good enough, your done for today, and thanks as usual." he gives her a small pouch with a few coins before returning to the bar to prepare for the supper rush in just a little while.

Ederin Valenta wrote:
"How long do we have until doors open?"

The doors open soon, though certainly you don't have to be 'on time'. The event is expected to run from just before supper all the way into the wee hours of the morning. The Drunken Lurch is just a couple blocks north and around the corner from the Gold Goblin.

Everyone may make a, hrm, linguistics check please.


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Linguistics (Untrained)

Kaylayne accepts the pouch from Bartlebe, returning her dirty apron to the stack of dirty aprons. Though she isn't walking too far, she dons her armor again, and puts her weapons within in easy reach.

"See you for my Toilday shift, Bartlebe," Kaylayne reminds, lest he hire someone else in her stead. "You know I work hard for the coins I'm paid."

With that, Kaylayne makes for the door, stopping to look out on the street before she leaves. She looks up and down the street, searching for something.

Please don't see me. Please don't see me.

Seeing nothing, she darts out, making haste for the Gold Goblin as if she wants to be out of doors as little as possible.


Human HP 108; AC 23, T 16/FF 20; F+10, R+14, W+14; Init +5; Perc +23; CMD 26/23FF

Lief listens as the others start to respond to the letter's petition. Not a lot of excitement in this lot.

"This letter is quite intriguing, don't you think? The day of a notorious gambling tournament, and a mysterious stranger manages to peg five folk, all who are destined for the Goblin in one fashion or another. That's not all that impressive, but when you combine that with dispensations... A gold coin is shiny enough to get your attention, but look at that vial you have. That's worth fifty times as much, five times over for the room here. And the letter suggests that the author has done this with others to up his odds. Someone is spreading their wealth here to see attention paid to the Goblin for this predicted raid, which, if you think about it further, is pretty predictable when money flocks to one spot."

Lief pause a moment to consider. "My name is Lief. Very interested to make introductions. Who are you all? I for one am just a student from Magnimar, traveling abroad, recently arrived. It bothers me to no end to think of how I might have been selected for this letter, sail and vial. What about you all? Why you?"

Linguistics Check: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + (6) = 16


Quick Ref:
F6R4W7;Percept +12;Spllcrft +4; Know. Relig. +4; Sense Motive +7; Initative +6;

Garridan listens to Liefs words Yes why me indeed,"I'm Garridan priest of Cayden Cailean and yes this is very strange. Do any of you have a connection to the Gold Goblin or its owner?

[ooc]sorry for the short post only got 2 minutes I'm in training


Roll 20 Map

Lief or Linguistics DC 15:
Maybe it's nothing, but the letter incorrectly titles the Gold Goblin the "Golden Goblin". That's not, in fact, the name of the establishment, and not a DM error. :)

Also, though it's not totally clear, you are likely the only ones the author is sending to stop the raid on the Gold Goblin. The author is hiring other 'teams' for other things in the hopes that one or more teams grows in stature and ability and becomes useful. Why your task is to breakup this attack is unknown, but you're likely the only ones being hired to do so.

These confusions give you the overall sense that perhaps the author is not well versed in the common tongue. At least not as a 'first' language.

It is, as Lief says, a very strange letter.

Kaylayne:
You can look at the map at your leisure. Once you login for the first time, I’ll give you control over your icon. For now I’ve put it in the bar area of the Gold Goblin, where you would normally be working.

You enter through the servants entrance door in the far NW corner of the establishment. The dark areas to the NW are the kitchens and servants quarters, and stairs up to some additional servants areas, but mostly Saul’s residence and offices. The dark areas to the NE are guest quarters. Behind the guard to the west is a stairwell down to a fighting pit, not in use tonight. The dark areas to the SW are the cages with the money and the vault.


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

Ederin pulls out the vial as Lief mentions it's worth.
Maybe I won't be drinkin' you at all, if your worth as much as the kid says.

As introductions are made he smirks a bit to hear that Garridan is a priest of Cailean, the last few hours really should have tipped him off.
"A Soaker and a bridge monkey. Flavor of folk around here gets stranger by the day."

"I'm Ederin, a local street rat from Rotgut who never had the brains to ditch this city. Usually try to keep my head down and stay out of this mess, but s'pose I could see how you might be rarin' to go at this 'opportunity'."

He launches himself from the chair and starts pacing around the table, one hand on his chin, the other casually resting on the sword hilt that hung at his hip. His eyes follow Kaylayne as she rushes out of the Lurch.

"What if it's a ruse, eh? The pup of some crime boss with money to spare? Send a few folk from the tavern a message and some toys, get them all jumpy and send them to the biggest event of the day. If I know Riddleport, and I do, there's bound to be a handful of scufflin', maybe a few weapons drawn as empty threats, some not so empty. Could just be trickin' us into fighting for his own amusement. Maybe even bettin' on how long it'll go before we get too antsy and skewer the wrong guy."

Mouth dry, Ederin reaches up to the table and grabs a drink, not bothering to see if it's the same one he'd put down.

"All I'm sayin' is we gotta be careful. Mysterious employers ain't always what they're cracked up to be." He scowls at memories of the jobs he went out on for his brothers "contacts".

Linguistics (Untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Human HP 108; AC 23, T 16/FF 20; F+10, R+14, W+14; Init +5; Perc +23; CMD 26/23FF

"'A soaker and a bridge monkey'. Is that some kind of mnemonic to remember someone's name, Ederin? Which one am I?" Lief seems distracted, as the letter gets passed around. When it returns, he looks it over again, for thoroughness.

"The spacing is a bit funny here. Hard to say if the author is suggesting there will be multiple groups being enlisted for this Goblin visit, or elsewhere. Perhaps we're the only ones being contacted for this particular errand." Lief smells the letter, then continues.

"Neutralizing a raid doesn't have to be bloody, either. If there are guard there, we may simply mention to them any suspicious activity, and we're done. I imagine there will be many folks with arms at the G... wait, is it Gold Goblin, or Golden Goblin? This says 'Golden Goblin', for what that's worth." Lief folds the letter, and tucks it in his belt pouch.

"This should be an interesting cultural event, no doubt. As we all know each other, I'm assuming you are all innocent of this possible raid setting off tonight. As am I. I suggest that if anything unruly sets off, we watch each other's backs, at the very least." The young man looks at the men, gauging their reactions.


Male CG human bard 9 (arcane duelist) / Swashbuckler 5 | CMB: 12, CMD: 27 | F: +11, R: +18, W: +12 | Init: +10 | Perc: +17, SM +8 | Speed 30ft |

The bard greedily pats his potion and makes sure that it's safe.

Dimitrio nods, "Yes, those are very good ideas. No need to get our hands dirty at all. Just tip off the guards. There will be guards, right? I mean it's a gambling hall."

He looks around, "Does anyone know anything else about this Gold Goblin or the event for tonight?"


Roll 20 Map
Dimitrio Carini wrote:
He looks around, "Does anyone know anything else about this Gold Goblin or the event for tonight?"

Anyone can make knowledge local or gather information checks (you have been chatting with strangers in a bar for the last few hours after all) for more information than you already know.

You all know that Saul Vancaskerkin is the owner of the Gold Goblin. It is recently refurbished (a bit though it is still a little threadbare). It is a gambling house with a very excellent kitchen and bar which serves a wide variety of drinks.

Tonights heavily marketed event is titled 'Cheat the Devil and Take his Gold'. A sort of grand re-opening of the Gold Goblin by Saul and a gambling tournament. The rules have circulated around town a little, but they're complicated and so there is confusion.

Essentially though, there are nine rounds (one for each plane of hell). You gamble at games of chance throughout the establishment during each round. Those who do well, move onto the next round, those who don't, don't and are asked to leave.

At the end of the event, a single winner will receive a chest of silver, in addition to their other winnings. The amount of silver in the chest varies by the speaker, but stories of 1,000 to 100,000 - and even higher - abound.


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

"Nemo-wha? It just means you're from Magnimar, er, bridge monkey that is, Garridan is the soaker." Ederin looks at Lief as though he's daft.

He nods as the dancer speaks, not entirely convinced it'll work but the only other plans Ederin can come up with are bloody.

"Looks like we mostly have a plan now. Get in, keep our heads low, look for trouble, and report it. Hopefully we're all good at gamblin'."

Knowledge Local (Untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Roll 20 Map

Gather Information DC 15 or Knowedge Local (trained or untrained) DC 10 or Kaylayne:
You know that the Gold Goblin is owned by Saul Vancaskerkin - one of the eight crime lords of the city, though arguably one of the weaker ones depending on how you measure.

In his youth, Saul moved from gang to gang, always climbing the crime ladder with some success. Rumor has it he ran afoul of Clegg Zincher, one of the more powerful crimelords. In a weird event, which no one can quite agree on, Saul lost his wife to a house fire, along with most of his posessions. He was charged later with setting that fire. True or false he was found guilty, which is where he lost his hand, along with the bulk of his remaining wealth.

Since then it's rumored that Saul is trying to go straight - well as straight as you can in Riddleport - and he's running the Gold Goblin as an 'honest' establishment.

Gather Information DC 20 or Knowledge Local(trained only) DC 15:
You know that the Gold Goblin is owned by Saul Vancaskerkin - one of the eight crime lords of the city, though arguably one of the weaker ones depending on how you measure.

In his youth, he moved from gang to gang, often selling out an old boss to gain a slightly more favorable position with a new boss. He managed to juggle his complex allegiances between multiple crimelords well, at least until his son Orik was involved in a scandal involving local prostitute Lavendar Lil and an alchemist named Falk. The alchemist’s body turned up in the river, and several witnesses placed Orik in the vicinity at the time. The fact that Orik fled Riddleport for parts unknown did further damage to the Vancaskerkin name, but the major issue was that Falk was the brother of one of Riddleport’s crime lords - Clegg Zincher - a more powerful crime lord than Saul to be sure.

With no allies left but his third wife Bertrida, Saul decided to abandon Riddleport as well, but Zincher was ready for him and cashed in a favor with the Overlord to have Saul’s home surrounded. He hoped to have the gendarmes take Saul into custody, but the plan fell apart when it became apparent that Saul’s house was on fire. The gendarmes managed to stop the fire before it spread, but not before it claimed Bertrida’s life. They caught Saul in a nearby ally trying to flee, and in the inquest to come it became apparent that he’d murdered his own wife and lit his house on fire in a desperate attempt to fake his death and distract the gendarmes long enough to escape Riddleport.

The Overlord was not pleased, but at Zincher’s request, Saul’s execution was “downgraded” to heavy fines and a hand. Of course, Zincher wasn’t arguing for mercy - death would have been just that to Saul. Zincher wanted Saul alive but destitute and maimed - alive so he could live for a long time with the repercussions of his family’s role in Falk Zincher’s death.

Since then it's rumored that Saul is trying to go straight - well as straight as you can in Riddleport - and he's running the Gold Goblin as an 'honest' establishment.


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21

Kaylayne leaves the Drunken Lugg and quickly hops from building to building, making her way carefully along the streets to the Gold Goblin. She leaves the others behind, not just because she doesn't know them or because she doesn't recognize any commonalities betwixt them, but that she doesn't want to be late for work.

She enters through the servant's entrance in the back, nodding at the few maids and cooks that she knows and recognizes. Safe inside, she dis-armors and packs her folded armor and weapons for easy stowing under her bar while she works. She trusts the bouncers and security (and her delicate womanhood that doesn't identify her as a threat or target) enough that she doesn't feel the need to arm herself at work. In addition, the banks and cages were on the other side of the building. It was less likely that trouble would reach her when there were better, richer pickings elsewhere.

Donning a slightly cleaner apron than that she wore before, Kaylayne begins to tend bar. She stocks and rolls kegs, cleans mugs, and prepares service. She's been bartending for most of her working life, with some measure of skill at it. In her old life, she tended to learn a lot...long drawn out conversations from normally quiet backwoods folks, slowly chewed and digested over ales and boredom. Here, discussions were not as remunerative as the good ol' days before she died. Before she was hurt. Before she fled.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Know (Local)

Given a free moment, she pulls out the coin and vial again, examining them for more than what they are...looking for what they might be. She shakes her head, wondering what the prank or scam might be. Or even if it was a test. And why would she be tested?

No, this is just crazy.

She looks around the bar, tucks the coin away again, and gets back to work. She's certain that Saul, who is rumored to be a man who has escaped death more than once, would have enough security that she didn't need to worry too much. She could keep her head down and do her job.


Quick Ref:
F6R4W7;Percept +12;Spllcrft +4; Know. Relig. +4; Sense Motive +7; Initative +6;

Gambling, with this mess I forgot all about it, just when my luck was turning for the better. Best be careful. This situation looks like it could go sour real quick, best stick close to Ederin, he looks like he can handle himself in a scrape.

Looking longingly into his empty cup he grees with Liefs idea, " Yes it would be advantageous to watch each other's backs. But I am concerned, what if the guards are in on the raid, is it wise to show our hand."

Clearing his throat he continues, "Now I can tell you the Gold Goblin has a reputation for being aboveboard as any gaming hall, now it's owner Saul Vancsakerkin reputation isn't as pristine. Saul is a crime lord who, as rumor holds, is trying to walk the straight and narrow path."

Knowledge, Local: 1d20 ⇒ 19 Untrained


Human HP 108; AC 23, T 16/FF 20; F+10, R+14, W+14; Init +5; Perc +23; CMD 26/23FF

Knowledge(Local) Check v DC 10: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + (3) = 13

Lief nods to Garridan's words. "Yeah, the halfling woman said about the same earlier today. As for the guards, I suppose you're right. Good to keep an eye on them as well. Our benefactor could have just as easily sent this letter to the head of security over at the Gold Goblin."

He stands up, adjusting his hilt, then his collar, and leaves a copper on the table for the time he's spent. He turns to Dimitrio, and flips him a silver. "Mum always told me to pay respects to artists, when I've been lucky to be in the audience. I enjoyed your music, and now I think I'm ready to enjoy the atmosphere of the Goblin. See you gents there. I'd suggest arriving at staggered times, to avoid being identified as in each other's company, should someone be watching the door."

Lief steps lively and through the front door of the Lurch. Not sure I'll be visiting this place again, one way or another. He pulls up his collar, not interested in exposing skin unnecessarily. Catching his bearings, he heads straight for the Goblin, Gold or Golden.


Male CG human bard 9 (arcane duelist) / Swashbuckler 5 | CMB: 12, CMD: 27 | F: +11, R: +18, W: +12 | Init: +10 | Perc: +17, SM +8 | Speed 30ft |

k. local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Dimitrio takes out his gold coin again, and it quickly starts dancing on his knuckles as he nods, "I haven't been here long and I heard the same thing about Saul so I'm thinking it's pretty much common knowledge."

He flips the coin, snaps his fingers, and the coin vanishes in a puff of smoke. Dimitrio smiles, "I can hold my own gambling so we'll see if the Butterfly will bless me tonight." Not like last time where I had to steal back my lucky medallion.

The bard tips his head to the old man and the fiddle and hurries after Lief. "Hey, wait up. Since we're working together it's best we become acquainted. Where did you say you are from?" One never knows when information will be useful...

Are we putting thoughts in italics or in italics and quotation marks. I go back and forth in my games but I want to be consistent here.


Quick Ref:
F6R4W7;Percept +12;Spllcrft +4; Know. Relig. +4; Sense Motive +7; Initative +6;

As Garridan listens to Leifs remarks he can't help but think, Orc nuggets what happened to that halfling. He bends over and looks under the table, Or the gnome for that matter. Looks around the common room and Grimaces, They must of cut out when I got singled out., ughh, they were my best chance of lining my pockets with some gold.

A little distraught he says to Ederin, [b]"I don't see anything wrong with arriving together we have already been seen drinking here together for the last few hours and many of the people at the Lurch were going to the Goblin tonight. Your choice I'm going to head over there now you may accompany me if you wish.["/b]

With that he heads out the door to the Goblin.


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

As far as I can tell it looks like no one else has used italics with their thoughts, at least not in the last few posts.

As Lief and the performer head out the door Ederin looks at Garridan, nodding in agreement.

" Arriving staggered is well and good but I wouldn't mind someone havin' my back. You seem like you can scrap if we get into trouble so since you don't mind I'll stick with you. " He waves a goodbye to Bartlbe, and heads put behind the priest.

"Maybe we can find a few leaky folk on the way who might know somethin' we don't."

Gather Info: 1d20 ⇒ 4
well it was worth a shot.


Roll 20 Map

You walk to the Gold Goblin, some separate, some together, but all trying to look casual. As you reach the stairs to the grand hall, you can’t help but notice the giant Gold Goblin (image) recently perched above the door (likely not only brass, and also solidly attached!).

What a crowd!

You’re forced to wait a little outside as the slow moving crowd works it’s way into a line through the main doors just ahead. It seems a lot of folks are coming out to this event tonight. Saul should do very well indeed - even with honest games.

You eventually push your way through to the front (only one failed pick pocket attempt!) and get through the entrance.

Just inside the well wrought main doors of the Golden Goblin, two sultry beauties scantily clad and wearing faux bat wings, devil horns, and tails play the part of alluring succubi. Both are employees of the Gold Goblin, and they cheerfully register contestants for the tournament and process entry fees. Armed guards stand nearby to either side of an immense treasure chest - tonights grand prize. The guards are on hand to not only protect the money, but to prevent any overzealous admirers from trying to dare the infamous touch of a succubus.

Beyond the registration table, and even crowding it a little, is the hall’s game floor. Dozens of gamblers, waitresses dressed as succubi, and bouncers mill about the room (image), wandering amid tables offering various games while dealers shuffle cards, roll dice, and spin wheels. Moving through this throng the barely clad, bat winged vixens serve drinks and bat coal-black eyelashes flirtatiously for tips.

In the center of the chamber is a short podium, on which sits a brass birdcage (image) within which crouches a small, bat-winged, pointy-tailed devilish creature that sulks as it gazes over the room and occasionally rattles the bars threateningly.

Just in front of the podium sits a massive gold chest affixed to the floor by gaudy chains. On either side of it stands a bare chested bouncer in the exotic garb of some foreign sultan’s court. Each stands with muscled arms crossed over his chest and with a naked scimitar of prodigious size tucked through his waistband.

As you’re checked in, and you pay your gold piece fee, you’re directed to the southwest to buy chips by smiling succubi.

Welcome to the Gold Goblin!

Kaylayne:
It is truly packed. You've only been working here a short while (a couple weeks) and this is a madhouse compared to the usual traffic. Truly Saul has a good idea here. Lots of drinks, lots of food, lots of gambling. He must be making a mint tonight!

Hell, for that matter so will you! Why just tips alone, especially as folks get to the lower planes and have more winnings to spread around (and more liquor in their systems!) will go a long way. Why you might not need to work for that dour boss Bartlebe if this keeps up.

Italics, no quotes, for internal thoughts. Bold, with quotes, for out loud utterances. OOC tags for brief out of character comments (longer OOC conversations in the discussion thread). Also, please check your posts after you make 'em for broken tags, typos, etc. People (strange and otherwise) are watching us... I was called out for one grammatical typo earlier this morning. :)


Male CG human bard 9 (arcane duelist) / Swashbuckler 5 | CMB: 12, CMD: 27 | F: +11, R: +18, W: +12 | Init: +10 | Perc: +17, SM +8 | Speed 30ft |
GM_Euan wrote:

Just in front of the podium sits a massive gold chest affixed to the floor by gaudy chains. On either side of it stands a bare chested bouncer in the exotic garb of some foreign sultan’s court. Each stands with muscled arms crossed over his chest and with a naked scimitar of prodigious size tucked through his waistband.

As you’re checked in, and you pay your gold piece fee, you’re directed to the southwest to buy chips by smiling succubi.

Dimitrio's low whistle was lost in the crowd's chatter. What a place. Succubi, I've always fantasized about... Focus. Focus. Keep your eyes on the prize.

Another succubus batted her eyes at Dimitrio. Not on that prize. The bard counted his chips and quickly made them disappear in his pocket. Seeing that the heartless wench was busy working, he gathered his other three companions, "I'm going to the card tables. Luck is fine but skill goes a long way. Where will you all be? Should we stick together?"


Human HP 108; AC 23, T 16/FF 20; F+10, R+14, W+14; Init +5; Perc +23; CMD 26/23FF
Dimitrio wrote:
""Hey, wait up. Since we're working together it's best we become acquainted. Where did you say you are from?"

If it weren't for that coin and vial... Lief smiles politely as Garridan departs, choosing not to join both him and Ederin. When Dimitrio calls out, Lief holds up, resigning himself to pairing up, instead of flocking together.

"Well, I'm not sure this is actual work, just yet. Let's just say we're attending a play from the same seats, shall we?" Mum said nothing about artists following me out after tipping them... "I'm from Magnimar, and you? Something tells me Riddleport is not your home, am I right?" Lief looks up and down the street, taking it all in. He scans the gathering crowds as they close the distance to the Gold Goblin.

...

Standing in the crowd, Lief keeps a firm hand on his possessions, including his new acquisition. Getting into the Goblin, he is no less paranoid about such pickpocketing attempts, although the succubi distract him mightily.

When he's able to tear himself away from the exotic curves, his eyes alight upon the first of the guards, armed as they should be. Passing by the serving vixens, Lief regrets his lack of desire for alcohol. The Lurch serving wench could sure learn a lesson or two from these fine ladies...

Dimitrio wrote:
"Where will you all be?"

Upon seeing the caged devil, the young man immediately moves closer to observe it, but not disrespecting the boundaries of the chest and the guards. He forgets Dimitrio for the time-being. He waits and watches, to see if anyone talks directly at the devil, and what, if any, responses it yields.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21

Kaylayne keeps her head down and works, taking breaks to look at herself in the bar's mirror, ascertaining that she still lives. She feels safer in the crowd, amongst people, amongst life, and people laughing and drinking.

She pockets her tips quickly and fills her smile whenever she refills a mug, hoping for an extra kickback and spreading of the joy and energy around. She likes it busy, a far cry from her small town 'tending, when she could talk to a few patrons for hours at a stretch over slow sipped ales, the work here was fast paced and the hours passed quickly.

She barely has time to register and acknowledge the few familiar faces that walk into the Gold Goblin, but she tries to acknowledge them.


Quick Ref:
F6R4W7;Percept +12;Spllcrft +4; Know. Relig. +4; Sense Motive +7; Initative +6;

Garridan displays a large grin as he takes in the crowd, he stops and drinks in the sight of the two beauties, I'm a priest not an eunuch, he thinks as he heads over to get some chips.

I wouldn't let this business interfere with my plans of riding my recent string of luck he internalizes as he keeps an eye on his recent companions, while also keeping an eye out for that lucky halfling or that talkative gnome.


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

Bloody hell. Ederin sidesteps another elbow and sighs. Crowds were not made for people his height, halflings and gnomes were small enough to pass right over, dwarves were wide enough to notice, short humans were just short humans, and always in danger of a black eye from some overzealous gesticulating.

Won't ever find Andy in this mess, s'pose just stoppin' this raid will be the best I can do for 'em.

From his 'vantage' point Ederin could hardly notice where they were, but he was pretty sure they'd actually made it into the Goblin. At some point the bodies around him start moving off in several directions and he finally gets a clear view of one of the serving girls leaning over to take an order.

Being short ain't so bad after all.

His lecherous thoughts are interrupted when the dancer from the Lurch tracks them down to ask where they'll all be, Ederin shrugs. "Don't even know if I've got enough sweets to play. Might not be seein' much of my mug at all if I don't."

He starts walking to the chip counter, scanning the crowd for anything out of the ordinary on the way.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Roll 20 Map

Most of the tables are running games, but half heartedly, as if something is yet to occur. Many of the patrons are just moving around, checking out the scene, measuring up their odds at various tables, eyeing their competitors for this evenings event. Small pouches of something are being handed out by guards to the staff running or overseeing games.

Demitrio, there are card games scattered throughout, but the high stakes games are in the small rooms to the west along the wall. Big buys to get in, but bigger stakes, and bigger returns too. Those tables are, for now, silent, with the dealers making small talk and withholding the cards for now.

Lief, ‘Old Scratch’ has he’s apparently known seems to speak only in infernal, and you suspect a rather foul mouthed form of that. He’s clearly unhappy with his cage, and all those who would come up to him, but he can’t… quite… reach anyone. You’re not sure what he’d do if he could, but it would probably be bloody.

Kaylayne, as the event is yet to truly begin, it is a time of drinking and dinner and you’re swamped at the bar. Most of the punters will be gone in a few hours, leaving he hardcore gamblers at the end of the night, so this is a great time for tips. Small in amount maybe, but large in number. Of course you’re junior, so you’re mostly serving servers and your tip jar is thinner than the other.

Garridan, there are are many beautiful ladies here this evening taking advantage of the crowd to ‘make the scene’ and show off the latest fashion from Magnimar and Korvosa. Many of the men are dapper as well - there being few ‘events’ in Riddleport worth dressing up for. In the throng, you sadly don’t see the others, short as they are.

Ederin (good roll!) struggles against the tide, being pushed this way and that on occasion as the crowd swells and moves. The chip counter is well protected with iron bars set floor to ceiling and a couple guards in addition to the physical protections, plus the staff. As you arrive, you see Saul himself, also a short man though not small, taking a share of the crowds initial stake into a back room, presumably leading to the vault. He returns shortly and seems to be trying to get to the center dais with Old Scratch, but he takes his time to glad-hand the posher looking folks as he goes.

Please place yourselves on the Gold Goblin map approximately where you are after this initial look around. Let me know what else you’d like to do as Saul reaches Old Scratch and slowly climbs onto the dais nodding to some unknown face in the crowd near the doors to the NW where servants stream carrying food and dirty dishes (presumably the kitchen).


Male CG human bard 9 (arcane duelist) / Swashbuckler 5 | CMB: 12, CMD: 27 | F: +11, R: +18, W: +12 | Init: +10 | Perc: +17, SM +8 | Speed 30ft |

EARLIER

Lief Anemoi wrote:
"Well, I'm not sure this is actual work, just yet. Let's just say we're attending a play from the same seats, shall we?" Mum said nothing about artists following me out after tipping them... "I'm from Magnimar, and you? Something tells me Riddleport is not your home, am I right?" Lief looks up and down the street, taking it all in. He scans the gathering crowds as they close the distance to the Gold Goblin.

Me? I'm from all over Varisia. I've traveled a lot but recently had settled in Magnimar. Good town with an appreciation for the fine arts."

The man continues to walk to the Goblin noting the crowds around him.

NOW
Dimitrio isn't sure if lady Luck was with him this evening so he refrains from the hgh stakes rooms. No one there anyways.

He hones in to a particular succubus with a lovely pair of eyes and tries his best to get her attention. Failing at that. It's not me. The place is just too busy., he nears a card table and wagers some of his chips on a game. He also watched and waited...

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Spirits Dispenser 14
Stats/Skills:
F11R10W19;Appr+5;Dip +7;HandAn+4;Heal+11;Geog +18;Local +13;Nat+12;Pls19;Rel+18;Perc+24;Barkeep+13;Sense+12;Spllcrft+21(+4moreIDing );Stealth+17(+4);Surv +11;UMD+21

Kaylayne puts her head down and works. She doesn't have time for deep thoughts or staying at the pretty people...just serving drinks. This isn't her party, this isn't her night off.

Meh. Only 6 more hours.


Human HP 108; AC 23, T 16/FF 20; F+10, R+14, W+14; Init +5; Perc +23; CMD 26/23FF

Lief finds no end in the interest he has for 'Old Scratch'. He looks the creature over, trying to discern what kind of devil the Gold Goblin seeks to contain in such a showy manner. He looks at the cage, or the floor below the cage, expecting some arcane symbol of entrapment to be painted in sheep's blood.

Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 8 + (5) = 26

He also takes a closer look at the cage's lock, hoping it's at least of solid manufacture, and not just for show.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

He maintains his central position in the room, expecting a grand welcome from the man called Saul.


Quick Ref:
F6R4W7;Percept +12;Spllcrft +4; Know. Relig. +4; Sense Motive +7; Initative +6;

After collecting his chips Garridan proceeds to bar and watches the almost ritualistic display before him of pouring drinks. The economy of motion, the over flowing glass, and the frothy mug are the altar at which I worship. Stepping up to the bar with a reverence seldom demonstrated out side of a temple he says,"Ale"


(Stats):
│HP: 91/91 │AC:26 FF:21 T:18│CMD30 CMB +15│Init+9 │ Saves: F8,R13, W6│
(Skills):
Skills:Acro+7 Clmb+6, HAn+4, Intim+15, K:Geo +11, Dun+5, Loc+7, Nat +16), Lin+2, Perc. +18, Prof:Soldier +7, Ride +11, SenMo +19 , Splcrft+10, Stealth+21,Surv +18 │

After noticing Saul, Ederin pulls an about face. Any interest in buying chips lost as he navigates his way nearer the center of the Goblin to get a better view of whatever is going on.

He weaves through the crowd catching glimpses of the old gangster as he goes.
I guess now we'll figure what you're playing at.

He finally breaks through the crowd and, getting as close to the platform as he can, waits for the Goblins proprietor to ascend the steps. Trying to assess the man the whole way.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

1 to 50 of 6,522 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Euan's Second Darkness Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.