Master Astrologer

taks's page

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber. Organized Play Member. 1,622 posts. No reviews. No lists. No wishlists. 1 Organized Play character.


RSS

1 to 50 of 1,622 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I looked at mine... 2290 gold, yay! But I have all of the major subscriptions and haven't been buying a lot of off-subcriptions stuff anyway. Lol.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
YuriP wrote:

The only part I think could be improved is that the Stealth roll used during exploration could very well serve as the initiative roll, in my opinion. But that’s a minor detail.

RAW leaves it up to the GM to allow situations like this. Regardless, I'd certainly allow it in my games.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

IMO,this may be a good thing since the search itself has been broken for a while, returning results only up to October of 2024 (probably since then). IOW, it means they're working on it.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

They fixed it for one title, Lost Omens: High Seas, but they really didn't "fix" the problem, they just got Paizo to confirm that I own it. I'm not going through this every time a new title comes out.

I filed a ticket with Paizo and got a response yesterday from Lyle - they're looking into it.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Not sure where to put this and since the search feature is not working for anything after 2024...

For some reason my Paizo Connect with Demiplane is not working. It syncs, but does not register any products after Monster Core 2 (that I can tell). Is this something on Paizo's side or Demiplane's side? It seems like the last time this happened it was Paizo, but it got fixed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Bump.
6 months... this problem makes the forums more useless by the day.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

FWIW, my guys love it through the 1st level of the dungeon. We played through Rusthenge for our initial back-story, btw.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Well, you can always leave the furniture and fixtures normal size... :)

So far, this is not a particularly difficult adventure for my guys, but they're all pretty seasoned and I'm not a generally hard-ass as a GM, so even if you scale up the rooms to be twice as large to fit everyone, you're going to need to do some work making things more difficult. Adding minions is likely preferable to templating everything, IMO.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yeah, that was my initial thought - it's a fair bit of loot. My party realized the best they'd do is look for a shrink potion/scroll. We have no real arcane/primal spellcasters, but the PC I play (there are only 4 of us, including me) can cast it using trick magic item.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Have anyone's players managed to infiltrate the jinkin lair in Whistlefang Lair? Obviously medium creatures would need to use something like shrink, but why would they even care? I'm curious how they managed and what their rationale was.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
graystone wrote:
As is, it's a Schrodinger's weapon situation where it's both an item and a weapon simultaneously.

In the absence of a specific rule, it comes down to GM interpretation. If the GM doesn't think it's overpowered, the GM can allow it, and vice versa.

Claxon wrote:
And I guess to clarify, I would rule that the item remains in that state of usage until you do something else that would negate that usage.

This is how I would rule.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

You're supposed to cast "raise thread" when bringing up a 2-year old thread. Just sayin...


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Bump.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ascalaphus wrote:
For adventure paths, Tarondor's 2025 guide to the Pathfinder Adventure Paths is also a great resource.

Link is broken.

This should work....


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
graystone wrote:
My favorite is making sure everyone maxes out their coin bags at 999 so no one has to add it to bulk. ;P

We simply don't count coin weight unless it's obscene, which is typically at the end of a major plot point, which gives the party time to come back and get it all later. Which basically means we hand-wave it away even then.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Sorry, the above post should be moved to this thread.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Website search feature seams to be broken. I can't tell if this issue has been brought up in this thread... because the search feature is broken. It seems to be stuck at September 2024 time frame.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Huh, ok. Well, I just happened to be looking at that one in particular, didn't realize it's been a thing for a while. Thanks all.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
logic_poet wrote:
taks wrote:
What happened to product discussion pages? The links still exist in the forums, but they only lead to the product pages, not the discussions themselves, even when clicking on the last comment link.
They stopped working when they switched to the new web store.

I see that. Disappointing. This site is not improving, IMO.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

What happened to product discussion pages? The links still exist in the forums, but they only lead to the product pages, not the discussions themselves, even when clicking on the last comment link.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

A cursory search seems to indicate nobody mentioned this, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but why are the remastered books so much larger than their original counterparts despite maintaining the same (or similar) page counts? For example, the new Dark Archive is 246MB, but the original is 34MB, while both have the same page count.

Not complaining, just curious what the additional content is.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Tridus wrote:
broken quote on my phone

I don't disagree. Demiplane is on contract. I'm just hoping it gets FAQ'd or something since it's such a simple error. Pathbuilder has it that way, too, fwiw.

Workarounds aren't hard, either, so it's not deal-breaking.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Each square.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Gisher wrote:


Are you referring to Greater Esoteric Spellcasting? It clearly only makes sense if it's a 10th level feat.

Yes, and of course that's true. It's also listed in alphabetical order between 2 other 10th level feats. And all archetype feats cap at 10th.

That doesn't change the fact that Demiplane refuses to change the implementation until they get a FAQ or errata from Paizo.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Thanks. Hopefully we get a FAQ on the Palatine Detective error since that will be sufficient to get Demiplane to change their implementation. Literally "yes, it's a 10th level feat, obviously" is all it will take.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Maya Coleman wrote:
There will be a set of FAQ updates next year to reflect some errata that go with upcoming book reprints.

Can you tell us which reprints are planned?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I posted this in the previous thread, but I don't know how much of the end posts got collected...

Palatine Detective: greater esoteric spellcasting is a 12th level feat but it should be a 10th level feat. Easy to fix at the table, but Demiplane can't change the feat until it gets an errata.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

What's the thought on Palatine Detective Investigator archetype?


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Cori Marie wrote:
taks wrote:
Jim Butler wrote:
Your Library contains products purchased from 1/1/2020 to present.

No, it does not, not if I sort by category. Only the titles from 2025 show up in that view, which is fundamentally necessary.

The sort by category is paginated, which isn't intuitive, but you can page through to see everything.

Got it, thanks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Jim Butler wrote:
Your Library contains products purchased from 1/1/2020 to present.

No, it does not, not if I sort by category. Only the titles from 2025 show up in that view, which is fundamentally necessary.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

If I group by category in the library, nearly all of my purchased products are gone. I can either access them through the old digital content page (which is terrible), or slog through a single list.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

The digital downloads section is terrible. After all this time and effort, you made it worse. I can't believe nobody knows how to organize downloads into proper categories that are easy to reference.

I've spent more money on this company's product than any other I've ever purchased (not counting services). This is really disappointing. How hard is this?

Seriously disappointed.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

So the Downloads page isn't going to be improved? For example, why is there a section for Rule Books, and another for 2nd Edition Rulebooks that the first should be under? But somehow wall of the Remastered Rulebooks are under... Other, along with every other book you didn't classify into its own category?

Please, reorganize it in a way that makes sense. It's worse now than ever.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

James Jacobs responded to a similar question (to me, I think) regarding levels in settlements. The individual shop/NPC levels are for interactions, not earn income tasks, e.g., if you get into an influence encounter, use the NPC's (or store's) level.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

If your players are earning income *every week*, then they should have much more than they need (and they'll usually be working on tasks 2 levels higher with bonuses).

Mine have had more loot than they know what to do with since book 1 (and still do at the end of the AP).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Divine Mysteries: page 289
Greater Esoteric Spellcasting should be 10th level. It is listed alphabetically between two other 10th level feats, Cursebreaker and Open the Blazing Eye. Additionally, its explanation says that "gain a
4th-rank spell of that tradition as an innate spell you can cast once a day," followed by "At 12th level, you gain a 5th-rank spell" implying that you already have the 4th-rank spell when you reach 12th level.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

As for the cantrips, I've literally got that page up in the PC and read right over it. No idea...


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Good point on the feat. Particularly true since the archetype doesn't have any other feats that high, or higher.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Maybe these should be in the errata thread. Regardless...

First, the Esoterica methodology says "In addition, choose one common cantrip from the divine spell list and one common cantrip from the occult spell list. You can cast those spells as innate spells at will."

Was it a mistake that no mention of auto-heightening is made, or is that the intended mechanism? If it is, the addition of the cantrips is pretty weak - most of them are useless at higher levels.

Second, the feat Greater Esoteric Spellcasting says "Also, choose a tradition from which you can cast innate spells due to the Esoteric Spellcasting feat. You also gain a 4th-rank spell of that tradition as an innate spell you can cast once a day. At 12th level, you gain a 5th-rank spell, and at 14th level, you gain a 6th-rank spell, both of the same tradition."

Well, since this is a 12th level feat, that just means you get a 4th and 5th level spell when you take the feat. It reads to me that this was intended to be a 10th level feat, but something got missed. Am I wrong?


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Hate to resurrect an old thread, well, not that old, but now we know more about the threat. I'm about to take my group through all three "episodes." I'm going to take James's suggestions and introduce mythic for Sandpoint. This is gonna be fun.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
AkaYuki wrote:

Hey Pathfinders, I have made a map for the Hellstorm Flume. I have a vague idea of running Seven Dooms, so I have made this thread to share in case I actually complete any of the others soon. If anyone else has made maps for Seven Dooms, feel free to share them here too.

Hellstorm Flume 150dpi Gridded

Hellstorm Flume 150dpi No Grid

FYI, you have to be a member of deviantart to download the image. I love the work, but I can't use it. FWIW, I'll be there in a few months...


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Absolutely. Emerald Spire was cool, but got boring quickly.

But I still liked it - I just can't see how every AP would benefit.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

It's been discussed. The problem is the cost of artwork for a product that really only appeals to GMs, basically 20% of the customer base. Doing so would also put limits on the maps themselves because there's no practical way to package large ones without breaking them into sub-sections.

Btw, Emerald Spire had maps for every level, which were neat, but all fit into the same dimensions.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Dr. Frank Funkelstein wrote:
taks wrote:
"When you Cast or Sustain a hex, your familiar can curse a creature within 15 feet of it, prolonging the duration of any negative conditions affecting it by 1 round."
Difficult to extend a spell that needed 3 actions, unless somebody else casted it.

At the start of your next turn you cast Patron's Puppet - a free action hex, before any ongoing durations tick down.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

"When you Cast or Sustain a hex, your familiar can curse a creature within 15 feet of it, prolonging the duration of any negative conditions affecting it by 1 round."

Mine is a raven. And he floats around willy-nilly cursing everyone (even friends if they piss him off).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Resentment witch enters the chat...


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Ah, yes. That would put a damper on most spells (I assume single action spells would be OK, and some hexes).


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Not trying to throw fuel into the fire, but a lot of this confusion is cleared up (IMO) by readying an action. That way you don't have to sacrifice your current turn entirely, but you still get the effect you desire, which seems to be "after my fighter guy goes, I drop a fireball." Or whatever.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yay... now that we're almost done with it. That's OK, I'll still get it since it's part of the Adventure Subscription. Will be fun to compare.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

But becoming magical doesn't. Right.

1 to 50 of 1,622 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>