Everyone loves the Lord of the Rings world, and I am no exception, this is why me and a few friends have decided to try and make some rule changes to make the Pathfinder rules more like the Lord of the Rings world... This is just a bit of fun for us and a working progress and we would welcome any input.
What are our main goals:
1) Restrict magic (and magic items) without making them too weak no-one wants to play them.
2) Remove any problem abilities and feats.
3) Edit races to be more in keeping with Lord of the Rings
4) Add corruption
5) Make dragons (and other big monster) as dangerous as they are in the books.
6) Make it feel more gritty.
7) Give the characters a way of being more heroic and doing those stunts they can do in the books and films.
Here is what we have so far:
Lord Of The Rings Pathfinder RPG Conversion
Please let us know what you think, if it is something you would be interested in playing and anything you think we missed or need to change.
Many thanks :)