I'd also like to see a Mesmerist archetype that gives access to Psychic class only spells. :D
Would love to see this too - it is disappointing that mesmerist have no access to spells like Id insinaution, mentail barrier, etc
I would like to see Psychic reserve feats like the 3.5 feats
More mesmerist tricks
Thomas Seitz wrote:
I'd like a Spiritualist that can have a phantom animal companion.
Would love to see this too!
Other items on my want list:
-more psychic archtypes - especially one that focuses on telepathy/communication that grants natural always on telepathy
-Precognition theme powers - immediate action spells
I will be creating a new character for a new campaign...no one else wants to handle the healer role so I will do it.
I really want to try one of the new occult classes and I was leaning toward the Medium (hierophant spirit as main with relic archetype since I don't want to deal with the useless Haunt ability & limited locations) or a Spiritualist maybe with a Zeal emotion.
I was leaning toward Aasimar for the race.
I would also like to maybe work a Hallow Deck into the flavor if possible
Any suggestions what feats or traits which would make a Medium or Spiritualist a decent healer?
Any way I can get Channel Energy at 1st level via a feat?
Any assistance would be appreciated!
Thanis Kartaleon wrote:
I am hoping for telepathy (even if at only 30 ft) for 1st level archetype.
Do we know if there are any new Witch hexes or archetypes in this book?
I have some Ultimate Psionics I wondered if someone could assist with as my DM is now allowing Psionics :)
1) Soulbolt -If a Soulbolt takes Emulate Ranged Weapon bladeskill, does the Mindbolt actually take the shape of a ranged weapon such as a Longbow with the bolt on a bow or does the Mindbolt still appear as a regular Mindbolt but just has the characteristics of a Longbow arrow?
2) Fighter's Blade feat - If a 3rd lvl Soulbolt takes this feat, is she considered 7th lvl for the Enhanced Blade ability so she would get a Enhanced Blade of +3 which is has a Maximum Enhancement bonus of +2 so the other +1 would go toward a Weapon special ability? Am I reading that correctly
3) Elocater's Spatial Awareness - If a Soulbolt took the Elocater prestige class, would they also get the +2 attack bonus/dmg bonus if they used their ranged Mindbolt with the Spatial Awareness ability? or is it only for melee?
4) Armored Blade archtype - does the Mind armor weigh just as much as the regular version of the armor would weigh?
5) Soulbolt - The Soulbolt looses the ability to make any melee version of their mindblade unless they take Mind Daggers bladeskill correct?
6) Close Range Expert bladeskill - If an enemy comes into melee range for a Soulbolt, this bladeskill allows the Soulbolt to use their mindbolt on an enemy that is adjacent to them in melee without an AoO?
Thanks for your assistance,
Pax Shane Gifford wrote:
So even though I already pledged $35, I would have to add on an additional $100?
1) Blood of Shadow - more shadow magic feats/spells....some BARD shadow stuff especially....shadow familiars....a RANGED Shadowdancer-like prestige class....shadow bloodline feats
3) Different types of "magic" - Time/Chrono spells, teleportation (1st to 3rd lvl), Counterspelling spells (Immediate action)
4) Familiars - more feats to make them useful such as granting them supernatural abilities, "official" feat to grant familiars to Bards/Magus, prestige class that ANY arcane caster can take to enhance their bond with their familiars
5) Scoundrels - scoundrel type feats, scoundrel prestige classes & more non-Sneak attack Rogue Talents that would enhance things like Acrobatics, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge or grant Supernatural abilities
6) the proposed MIND MAGIC!
7) Arcane feats where you can "spend" spells to do supernatural/spell like abilities
8) Initiate feats for the Golarion Gods
I love Psionics....prefer it over Divine or Arcane any time.
Unfortunately so many DMs over the years don't allow Psionic point system. They all had 1 player who abused the system & "cheated" with it so now they refuse to allow it in their campaigns.
I used to played Rolemaster RPF which had Mentalism (Psychic), Channeling (Divine)& Essence (Arcane). So I do have an open mind to "mental magic".
If Paizo will be doing Mind Magic, I also would like it seen using the Ki Point system. You get so many points per day & you pick from a list to use those points on. You don't have Augmentation as it would scale like a Arcane/Divine caster.
Different Archtypes would add Ki Points along with feats. Thus way it is not introducing a different system. You could have Disciplines where they work like Sorcerer bloodlines so you could have one for Telepathy, telekinesis, etc.
I definitely DON'T want it to use Preparation like a Wizard or Cleric. It has to have SOME distinctive feel to it.
It is a shame though that it is not on the horizon in the next year for Paizo as I would love to see "mind magic" so I can use it in the campaigns I play in.
Not at all - I disagree - Ki Powers are just another name for mental powers - only thing that might be "70s" are the crystal aspects which can easily be replaced
Things that should be there:
Too name a few :)
I am currently playing a witch & I find I do almost the same thing every fight. There are so many useless hexes so multiple witches end up taking the same hexes.
I can understand why the witch spell list is limited but lack of so many utility spells really catches up when you hit 7th lvl & up. My witch is the primary caster in the group - it is really frustrating to find spellbooks that contain NO spells I can use. Yes I am using Use Magic Device but I only have a +12 so there is a very good chance I will fail using the item especially scrolls. We are not near a town very often so hard to buy more magic items.
Sorry no Prot vs Evil, Minor Globe of Inv, Rope Trick,etc.
While there is nothing wrong with the witch, the class really needs more support:
Patrons - I would love to see more mechanics for Patrons - have them be more like Domains
Hexes - more non-evil ones please!!
Prestige Classes - more please!
I am actually considering retiring my Witch.
I am currently playing a witch & I rely on those 2 "free" spells. The party has only found 2 scrolls so far (we are 4th lvl - I rolled a 1 on my Spellcraft check to learn the one destroying the scroll & the other spell was not on my spell list). The small town nearby has no arcane casters. The closest town that has arcane casters is 2 weeks ago. :(
I think as long as the prestige class has +1 caster level then you should get the 2 "free" spells.
I have always been a big fan of the OA Spirit Folk. Using the new Advanced Race Guide, I made both the bamboo & mountain spirit folk.
Do these look right & faithful to the other edition versions of them?
Movement Trait: Climb (2) climb speed 20, +8 to climb checks
Total 7 points
Skill Trait: Knowledge (nature) (2)
Total 8 points
New ongoing Pathfinder campaign located in Delray Beach/WPB FL area looking for 1-2 new players for when we start in March. Usually play 2 Saturdays a month. Creativity, roleplaying, miniature painting & strategy highly encouraged. We use props & buildings for miniatures also.
If interested, contact Stephen at email@example.com.
As of today, I turned my back on 4E. 4E has become nothing but lazy design. This is what I wrote to them today.
The Witch class has been the "final nail in the coffin". I have been playing 4E since it started - I have stuck to it through all the WOTC chaos. I held out hope that 4E would get better....it hasn't. "Heroes of Shadow" was an utter disappointment. Dragon has continued to be lackluster. I was holding out hope that the Witch would get me excited for 4E again.....it hasn't. It is just a wizard with a different name. It is just lazy design.
I then go over to Pathfinder website and see their Witch.....wow.....I like it. It feels & looks different from a Wizard.
My current campaign has ended after 2 years and I have decided to go back to Pathfinder. Their books are well done/well designed. They offer PDFs for sale. They actually put out frequent modules! Reading the book with the Pathfinder Witch makes me excited to game again......which is the complete opposite what the 4E Witch did.
I am just disgusted that 2 years later, the 4E skill system is just lacking. Every power feels the same. Power sources all feel the same. The never ending "feat taxes"goes on and on. There still is no Counterspelling. The endless sets of cards which make the game feel like a card game. The Character Builder still does not fully allow custom made houserules. The awful Binder class.... Just sad.....
Sorry WOTC but I am done with 4E and its lazy design.