PFS Bounty #5: Witch's Winter Holiday (Inactive)

Game Master Super Zero

PFS Bounty #5

Slides
RPG Chronicle


1 to 50 of 123 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Foundation's Price | Shadows and Scarecrows

Everyone loves Winter Week, an annual holiday period of celebration and feasting.

As Winter Week approaches, our heroes arrive in Scallion’s Wrap, a small hamlet of little repute between the Hollow Hills and the Fangwood in the nation of Nirmathas, in the Eye of Dread region. The group is just approaching the center of town, when--

Well. You've been traveling together for at least a little while, now. Why don't you introduce yourselves before we get to all that?

Horizon Hunters

Level 1 summoner | AC 16 | HP: 19 | Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 5 | Spell DC 17 | Per 3 | Speed 25’

You see a fair-skinned female half-elf, with long red hair under a tricorn hat. She wears a black sailor’s outfit, and has a dagger and hand crossbow at her hip.

“Good day t’ye”, she says, doffing her hat. ”Black Molly’s the name. I’ll be bringin’ support from Davy Jones’ locker. Cap’n on deck!”

The space beside her wavers. A greenish-blue apparition appears. It looks like a human pirate, with a long gray beard and an eyepatch. One hand holds a cutlass, while the other has been replaced by a shadowy hook. A skull and crossbones appear on his hat, as well as Molly’s.

”Avast, me hearties!”, he proclaims. ”Silverbeard walks again!”

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

Nice kind of magic. I've also some tricks in the beard myself.

The dwarf saying that is wearing a light armor, carries a wooden shield and has a pistol at his belt. And as said long black beard.

I come from Alkenstar, don't misunderstand.

Horizon Hunters

N (Male) (Versatile) Human (Evocation) Wizard 2 | Teacher | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude* +5 Reflex* +6 Will** +8 | Perception* +6 (+2 initiative bonus) | Stealth +2 | Speed 25 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Repeat a Spell (Shield) | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

Severus enters the scene with his chin up, as always. He is a tall man with slick black hair wearing a black long-sleeved button-up coat with matching trousers and flowing black robes as a cape. He nods as the others introduce themselves to him. "Severus. Greetings to all." he slowly says in an ominous tone. "Oh, aren't you the Black Molly I joined with from the tournament just recently?" he tells Black Molly. "Such a coincidence to meet you even here."

Horizon Hunters

Level 1 summoner | AC 16 | HP: 19 | Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 5 | Spell DC 17 | Per 3 | Speed 25’
Severus Snape wrote:
"Oh, aren't you the Black Molly I joined with from the tournament just recently?" he tells Black Molly. "Such a coincidence to meet you even here."

”Aye, the same”, Molly replies. ”Don’t think we’ll get much fishin’ done in these parts, though”

Horizon Hunters

N (Male) (Versatile) Human (Evocation) Wizard 2 | Teacher | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude* +5 Reflex* +6 Will** +8 | Perception* +6 (+2 initiative bonus) | Stealth +2 | Speed 25 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Repeat a Spell (Shield) | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

"I actually hate that tournament after all the fish we caught and everything that happened. We are just so lucky to be the champions. Ha!" Severus shakes his head as he recalls what happened to that unfortunate event. "Hopefully there is no fishing here."

Grand Archive

male human tiefling summoner 2 | eidolon: Lidya Irsiya | HP 34| AC 15 | F+9 R+5 W+7 | perc+5; low-light vision | speed 25ft | focus [_][_] | hero points 1 | spells 1st 2/2 | Exploration: Search | Active Conditions: none

A frustrated looking tiefling, tall with ruby-red skin, happens upon you with a young woman in tow.

Who said something about fishing? That would be pleasant. Hello everyone, I'm Morthos, and this is...


female devotion phantom eidolon (swift protector) | summoner: Morthos Talandro | HP 34 | AC 19; Resistances fire 1 | F+9 R+8 W+6 | perc+4; darkvision | speed 25ft | ↻Dutiful Retaliation | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Following the tiefling you see a young woman, but something seems very "off" about her. On focusing (perhaps after a double take) you notice that her being seems not entirely substantial. Her form seems... spectral. Other than that she seems overly enthusiastic and youthful with dark eyes and hair under her cloak hood.

She cuts off her brother. I'm Lidya!

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

The dwarf continues the conversation: Personally I don’t like much fishing. It’s not a sport you easily practice with the pistol. By the way, my name’s Kromrock Crushmaster.

Horizon Hunters

N/N male gnome bard/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (+1 if shield active) | F/R/W: +5/6/5 | Speed 20', imprecise senses/scent, low-light vision, | Acrobatics +5, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Occultism +4, Perception +5, Performance +7, Stealth +6, Thievery +6 | Active Conditions: challenge bonus (+10 HP, +1 most everything)

A gnome comes running into the room, sliding the last few feet with a "TA DA!"

Banterknell is dressed up in wildly colorful clothing, perhaps to compensate for a very slight bleaching that has begun in his hair, though he keeps that mostly hidden under a jester's cap. His mouth is stretched into a wild grin, perhaps a bit too wide. He eyes show desperation and everything he says seems like it ends with an exclamation point.

"Banterknell at your service! Entertainer par excellence and all around fun guy!"

He finishes the statement with a twirl on one foot.

"So what is the mission and please tell me it is full of wonder and strange matters."

Horizon Hunters

Level 1 summoner | AC 16 | HP: 19 | Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 5 | Spell DC 17 | Per 3 | Speed 25’

Silverbeard’s eye widens at Lidya’s appearance. ”Well well, here’s a fine lass!”, he says. Approaching her, he takes off his hat and bows.

”Cap’n Silverbeard, at yer service!”, he proclaims. ”Man of the world, and terror of the high seas!”


Foundation's Price | Shadows and Scarecrows

The group is just approaching the center of town when a little old woman in bright clothes spots them and bounds over. She's quite a little old woman indeed, in that she's a halfling. A large golden wolfhound hurries along beside her.

"Travelers. Welcome, welcome, to Scallion's Wrap. Here for our Winter Week festivities, I expect? Well, let's just hope that I can... well."

She takes a moment, looking over the unusual dress of some of the party, the two phantoms, the android, the tiefling, the... whatever that guy is. She nods sagely. "Adventurers, I take it? Well, can't say as I've had the occasion to meet with too many of your occupation, but as the story goes you're basically always looking for work, aren't ye? I may have just the tasks in mind. It's nothing so exciting as you're used to, I'm sure--glorified grocery shopping, really--but it's things I can't do myself and you really do have perfect timing here.

"Doesn't pay much, but I'll give you a nice bounty--and a place to stay and full bellies while you're in town. Along with the joy of helping an old woman during Winter Week."

She pulls from her pocket a rock. An old cobblestone, but she holds it with great reverence and a crooked facial expression. "My name is Kupyn Baro, and I'm the witch of Scallion's Wrap. That's, uh, more a job title," she adds looking over the party again, "'Sno rule against more'n one witch in town, after all.

"Anyway, me and my pup Darb need your help to make this rock into a stew that'll feed our village. You heard the story of rock stew?"

Slides updated! Though just with the cauldron bounty poster right now, so don't feel the need to rush to check.


female devotion phantom eidolon (swift protector) | summoner: Morthos Talandro | HP 34 | AC 19; Resistances fire 1 | F+9 R+8 W+6 | perc+4; darkvision | speed 25ft | ↻Dutiful Retaliation | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Lidya smirks at the pirate when he bows for her.

Um. Lidya Irsiya. Lady of the ghostly realms. I guess. But here I am anyway tormenting my brother!

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
male human tiefling summoner 2 | eidolon: Lidya Irsiya | HP 34| AC 15 | F+9 R+5 W+7 | perc+5; low-light vision | speed 25ft | focus [_][_] | hero points 1 | spells 1st 2/2 | Exploration: Search | Active Conditions: none

Morthos sighs.

Yes. "Adventurers".

Continuing to listen to the "witch", he becomes confused at "rock stew."

Does the story include someone choking on a rock?

Horizon Hunters

N (Male) (Versatile) Human (Evocation) Wizard 2 | Teacher | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude* +5 Reflex* +6 Will** +8 | Perception* +6 (+2 initiative bonus) | Stealth +2 | Speed 25 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Repeat a Spell (Shield) | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

Severus snorts at the witch when she shows them a rock to be made into a stew. "Rock? Into stew? Hah! Are you kidding me? I know magic but not that kind you want to happen." he says with a laugh. It takes him a while before he composes himself. "Okay, apologies. Not so fast of judging what you can do, but, yes, please. Do tell us a story about that rock stew." he says chidingly to the old woman.

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

The dwarf is laughing in himself behind his long beard thinking: Does she take me for a little child?

Go for your story as I see you want to tell it. It’s a local legend, right?

Horizon Hunters

Level 1 summoner | AC 16 | HP: 19 | Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 5 | Spell DC 17 | Per 3 | Speed 25’

”Couldn’t be worse’n the hardtack we’ve made do with, eh Cap’n?”, says Molly.

Silverbeard looks up from his attempted courting. ”Aye lass. Glad I won’t be tastin’ the like o’ that again!”

Horizon Hunters

N/N male gnome bard/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (+1 if shield active) | F/R/W: +5/6/5 | Speed 20', imprecise senses/scent, low-light vision, | Acrobatics +5, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Occultism +4, Perception +5, Performance +7, Stealth +6, Thievery +6 | Active Conditions: challenge bonus (+10 HP, +1 most everything)

BK is not suspicious but, rather, curious, and seemingly oblivious to the reactions of the others.

Bouncing from one foot to the other he exclaims, "A stew made from rocks?! Excellent! Fabulous! Intriguing! I can't wait to taste it! how do we start!"

You have not seen so much unbridled energy in anyone over 5 years old.

Horizon Hunters

m N android Summoner 1 | hp 20/20 | AC 17 | F +7 R +6 W +5 | Perc +3 | Low-Light & Darkvision | Wounded 1

Two figures are catching up with you. An android named Impulse-7 with complex patterns of light blue energy on his swarthy skin and his faithful metal companion Enforcer 571-294. They both have the same octagon-shaped symbol burning blue on their chests, which, in the case of an Impulse-7, shines through even his clothes.

I apologize. The geolocation system gives periodic failures, especially away from large cities.

You don't see any emotion on his face when he says it, as well as after the mysterious words of this cute "witch".

Dataphiles

Warrior Construct I | AC 17 | F +8 R +5 W +5 | Perc +3 | Low-Light & Darkvision

Metal construct with a camera in the middle of his head (instead of eyes, mouth, nose, etc.) looks around for a few seconds (think of it as a standard-looking security robot from Starfinder), after which it says "Allied target have been identified. New ally have been added to the database." It pauses. "Greetings to you". The voice sounds muffled and mechanical, not only without emotions, but also as if minting each word separately.


Foundation's Price | Shadows and Scarecrows

"Uh, really? None of you?" Kupyn scratches her chin thoughtfully. "Thought the story had spread pretty far as a kind of children's bedtime story. Well, no matter. You'll really need to hear the original anyway."

She shakes her head at Kromrock. "You're close, but it's not a legend. It's local history. I can tell you... It's a story about my great-grandmother, Tulyn.

"After the town of Scallion’s Wrap lost all their crops and sheep to a roving band of wolves, the townsfolk met in the village green to figure out where they should move now that they had no food.
"Their witch, Tulyn Baro, questioned why moving was necessary.
"'What would you have us do,' the mayor asked, 'eat rocks from the Hollow Hills?'
"Some laughed at that, but Tulyn picked up a gray rock and said, 'Do you not know this little rock is magic? Why, with it I can make a stew that would feed the whole of Scallion’s Wrap through Winter Week!'
"The villagers allowed Tulyn the chance to prove her boast. Thus began Tulyn’s plan. As she poured water into her cauldron, she began to wheedle small things from various folks in the area, 'just to help the magic of the rock along.' From the farmers, she finagled carrots and celery. From the dwarf miners in the Hollow Hills, she received bags of deep-root potatoes. From the brownies in the surrounding glade, she procured five bundles of scallions. After this, Tulyn grimly left the
town to see about meat for the stew, bouncing the 'magic rock' in her hand. Where she found the meat, none dared ask, but wolves never troubled Scallion’s Wrap again.
"Upon returning, Tulyn placed the rock into her cauldron.
"And that is why we have rock stew every year for Winter Week!"

"There's a song, too. I suppose you'd like me to sing it?"

She does not wait for an answer, and begins to sing. Poorly.

"Rock stew for me, rock stew for you!
It’s the soup that helps us in all that we do!

"If you want to make it, you need a few things,
Potatoes, carrots, celery, and
FIVE SCALLION RINGS

"Rock stew for me, rock stew for you!
It’s the dish that helps us see winter through!

"Some salt, some pepper,
a cauldron of bounty,
a few cuts of mutton
and a magic rock or three!

"Rock stew for me, rock stew for you!
Have a Happy Winter Week, let’s eat some stew!"

Kupyn clears her throat, or perhaps just coughs. "So... yes, as most of you seem to have guessed, the stone was originally part of my great-grandmother's ploy to get the other villagers to cooperate. She had a magic cauldron that she used to multiply the stew so it could feed the entire village, but she needed the ingredients to make the stew before she could multiply it. The rock wasn't really important--but today it's part of our traditional feast. Every year I place a special rock in the stew. The one who finds the rock is said to have good luck throughout the coming year.

"So I've got the rock I'm going to use, and I can pick up the mutton myself." Her cheerful look falls away and she looks frustrated. "But the other things, I--I can't--I need--I--somebody else needs to do it. I can't."

Handouts added to the slides. It's the same text as the story and song posted here.

Horizon Hunters

N/N male gnome bard/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (+1 if shield active) | F/R/W: +5/6/5 | Speed 20', imprecise senses/scent, low-light vision, | Acrobatics +5, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Occultism +4, Perception +5, Performance +7, Stealth +6, Thievery +6 | Active Conditions: challenge bonus (+10 HP, +1 most everything)

A little disappointed that there was no rock transforming magic involved, BK is hesitant at first. But as usual his irrepressible enthusiasm gets the better of him.

"Of COURSE we will help! You should not have to do this part; it would break tradition! Where should we start? I like carrots! So colorful, like me!"

With that a great big (and to be honest, a little disturbing) smile stretches across his face.

Horizon Hunters

Level 1 summoner | AC 16 | HP: 19 | Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 5 | Spell DC 17 | Per 3 | Speed 25’

”Don’t ye worry yourself, old timer”, Black Molly replies. ”I’m sure this crew can handle the heavy liftin'”

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

To do the shopping. She hires a dwarf to do the shopping. Incredible. Well if that pays well at the same time…

The dwarf is thinking about the proposal.

Of course each work earns a salary. What about ours?


female devotion phantom eidolon (swift protector) | summoner: Morthos Talandro | HP 34 | AC 19; Resistances fire 1 | F+9 R+8 W+6 | perc+4; darkvision | speed 25ft | ↻Dutiful Retaliation | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Lidya is, like BK, also very enthusiastic.

Sure we'll help! is the ingredient list literally the one from the story or does the tradition changer over time?

Horizon Hunters

N (Male) (Versatile) Human (Evocation) Wizard 2 | Teacher | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude* +5 Reflex* +6 Will** +8 | Perception* +6 (+2 initiative bonus) | Stealth +2 | Speed 25 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Repeat a Spell (Shield) | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

"Not bad, not bad for a history." Severus nods at the witch after she tells them the story about the rock stew and even sang a song for them about it. "So, you'll give us a task of finding those ingredients the villagers gave so that you can make a stew?" Severus asks her. "Not that hard to do actually. And yeah, is there a change in the ingredients?" he asks the same question as Lidya, which he finds different.


Foundation's Price | Shadows and Scarecrows

"Well, it's. Um. Not necessarily part of the tradition that I can't--I usually do collect the ingredients. But right now I can't go..."

Kupyn looks almost... guilty? Embarrassed?

"A-anyway, yes! Same ingredients from the story." The little witch claps her hands. "Water and seasoning and the all-important stone, all ready and easy enough if they weren't. The stone aside, there are four main ingredients. The meat I've got handled, I'll just need you to pick up the other four. You can get two of 'em in the same place, so it's three stops. 3 gold apiece*, then?

"Farmer Greetle in the southwest part of the village should have the carrots and celery ready.

"The dwarves at the foot of Hollow Hill, just west of the village, grow the deep potatoes. We'll need a bag.

"The scallion grove which the village is named for is just to the north. It's not tended by villagers, but it's not quite wild, either--brownies tend to it. Since we only need the one meal and not to feed everyone for a week, one bundle of scallions is all we need.

"Bring it all back to my house, and I'll make the stew in my family's cauldron. In theory that thing can multiply anything you put into it, but it's not a very user-friendly magic item. You have to write runes to tell it what to do, and it can go badly wrong if you get greedy. My father always told me never to use it to multiply the actual rock; dunno what my mother did that spooked him, but we only want the one rock anyway. We mostly use it for this specific event, and we've got the rune writing for that pretty well down, of course!"

Throwing an arm over her dog's next, Kupyn motions towards the center of the village, or just past it.

"Over there. Now, uh... it's best to ask nicely. It wouldn't do to offend anyone so close to Winter Week. Any questions?"

*As I'm sure all or at least most of you know, Bounties always grant 4 gp. Since you're not actually being hired for anything dangerous this time, I'm setting the initial offer a little lower so there's room to increase it in case of unforeseen complications. You'll get the 4 in the end.

Grand Archive

male human tiefling summoner 2 | eidolon: Lidya Irsiya | HP 34| AC 15 | F+9 R+5 W+7 | perc+5; low-light vision | speed 25ft | focus [_][_] | hero points 1 | spells 1st 2/2 | Exploration: Search | Active Conditions: none

Ah. Thank you for the hints. Perhaps we should visit Farmer Greetle first. Then the dwarves, and finally the scallions aren't going anywhere anytime soon. the tiefling suggests.

Horizon Hunters

Level 1 summoner | AC 16 | HP: 19 | Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 5 | Spell DC 17 | Per 3 | Speed 25’
Morthos Talandro wrote:
Ah. Thank you for the hints. Perhaps we should visit Farmer Greetle first. Then the dwarves, and finally the scallions aren't going anywhere anytime soon. the tiefling suggests.

Black Molly nods at Morthos. ”Sounds simple enough. Let’s shove off, if we’ve a mind to”

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

Yes, I know for the gold granted by bounties. The hint was only for flavor because of the character.

The dwarf is amused. Oh oh oh, if there are dwarven around it must be very excellent potatoes.

Horizon Hunters

N/N male gnome bard/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (+1 if shield active) | F/R/W: +5/6/5 | Speed 20', imprecise senses/scent, low-light vision, | Acrobatics +5, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Occultism +4, Perception +5, Performance +7, Stealth +6, Thievery +6 | Active Conditions: challenge bonus (+10 HP, +1 most everything)

"Carrots first! Orange and purple and yellow ones!"

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

Purple? You sure you're all right?

Who would like purple carrots? That's weird.

Horizon Hunters

N/N male gnome bard/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (+1 if shield active) | F/R/W: +5/6/5 | Speed 20', imprecise senses/scent, low-light vision, | Acrobatics +5, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Occultism +4, Perception +5, Performance +7, Stealth +6, Thievery +6 | Active Conditions: challenge bonus (+10 HP, +1 most everything)

"PURPLE! Poor human who has only ever seen orange carrots."

Horizon Hunters

N (Male) (Versatile) Human (Evocation) Wizard 2 | Teacher | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude* +5 Reflex* +6 Will** +8 | Perception* +6 (+2 initiative bonus) | Stealth +2 | Speed 25 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Repeat a Spell (Shield) | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

Severus shrugs. "Three gold pieces? Hmm. Not bad for just gathering the ingredients. Let's do it." he agrees with the arrangement.

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

Human? Now it’s clear you don’t see very well.

The dwarf notes for himself to have an eye on the gnome. It could be hurtful.

Horizon Hunters

m N android Summoner 1 | hp 20/20 | AC 17 | F +7 R +6 W +5 | Perc +3 | Low-Light & Darkvision | Wounded 1

The goal is clear. Let's make a visit itinerary based on the proximity and location of the destinations in order to spend as little time as possible on logistics.

Scouting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 - to make the shortest and best route between all locations UPD lol )


Foundation's Price | Shadows and Scarecrows

From the new paint and fine wooden carvings of the farmers’ god Erastil lining the gate, it’s evident the farmer has been doing well.

Bunwol Greetle, an elderly human, sits on the front porch with his grandchildren, shelling peas and singing about rock stew. Far from unfriendly, when Farmer Greetle sees people approaching, a smile breaks over his face. “Hail and well met, strangers! What can I do for you on this fine day?”

Horizon Hunters

Level 1 summoner | AC 16 | HP: 19 | Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 5 | Spell DC 17 | Per 3 | Speed 25’

Molly grips the brim of her hat in greeting. ”Good day to ye, and a fine Winter Week”, she says. ”Kupyn sends her regards. Speakin’ o’ which, I don’t suppose you’ve got the veggies ready for the stew this year?”


female devotion phantom eidolon (swift protector) | summoner: Morthos Talandro | HP 34 | AC 19; Resistances fire 1 | F+9 R+8 W+6 | perc+4; darkvision | speed 25ft | ↻Dutiful Retaliation | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

While her moody huffing tiefling-brother remains quiet, Lidya perks up with a large smile. Hopefully her spectral form isn't off-putting to the farmer.

Yeah! We just got to hear the whole story of rock stew from here. We're initiated! So, if those vegetables are ready...

Request (Diplomacy): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

The dwarf goes to do the shopping with the others. But he would prefer to get beer and boar instead of vegetable. He waits for the others to ask for them.

Horizon Hunters

N/N male gnome bard/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (+1 if shield active) | F/R/W: +5/6/5 | Speed 20', imprecise senses/scent, low-light vision, | Acrobatics +5, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Occultism +4, Perception +5, Performance +7, Stealth +6, Thievery +6 | Active Conditions: challenge bonus (+10 HP, +1 most everything)

With a hopeful look on his face, BK blurts out "Purple carrots, perhaps?"


Foundation's Price | Shadows and Scarecrows

Greetle suddenly looks irritated, plopping back into his chair and dropping his pea pod on the pile. "Yeah, yeah, I got your carrots. You two!" he snaps, "Get Miss Baro's order!" The children quickly scampered into the house.

He leans forward and glares at Lidya. "Always been my favorite story, you know. Happiest day of my life was when I found the rock in my bowl when I was six years old! Now I hear Kupyn grumbling about how this holiday is so much work and how nobody helps her and all. I don't know if there's even a point in going to the feast if the Witch of Scallion's Wrap herself doesn't want to bother!

"Hmph. If this is just a job to her, and if I'm no help, then I guess that means I obviously never offered to donate anything. Which means you all need to pay up for her celery and carrots, no matter what color they are. 20 coppers!"

That's a failure for Lidya's Diplomacy check.
Someone else can try, but a second attempt takes a -2 circumstance penalty and any further failure becomes a critical failure.
Diplomacy could work, although a Performance check to sing the song might be easier. Or perhaps you have a more creative solution?

Horizon Hunters

m N android Summoner 1 | hp 20/20 | AC 17 | F +7 R +6 W +5 | Perc +3 | Low-Light & Darkvision | Wounded 1

The android was already reaching for the money, but then stopped. Perhaps his partners will be able to find another way?

Horizon Hunters

N (Male) (Versatile) Human (Evocation) Wizard 2 | Teacher | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude* +5 Reflex* +6 Will** +8 | Perception* +6 (+2 initiative bonus) | Stealth +2 | Speed 25 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Repeat a Spell (Shield) | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

Academia: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 2 = 16

"Doesn't want to be bothered, you say? But why she is enthusiastic about it? She even tells us the story and sang us a song. Maybe she's just old which makes her grumpy. You know, we have studied that there is actually a relation between age and the mood of the person. Given the witch is old, the more logical it would be that she gets to keep complaining about the Winter Week." Severus tries to lecture him with something that he only remembers barely, actually.

Horizon Hunters

2 people marked this as a favorite.
N/N male gnome bard/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (+1 if shield active) | F/R/W: +5/6/5 | Speed 20', imprecise senses/scent, low-light vision, | Acrobatics +5, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Occultism +4, Perception +5, Performance +7, Stealth +6, Thievery +6 | Active Conditions: challenge bonus (+10 HP, +1 most everything)

Bk, lost in thought for a moment while considering all the wonders of childhood and the fantastical things that he has seen and purple carrots, snaps out of it to offer encouragement.

"Dear man, if she is losing heart and you are losing heart then the color of life will become drab. Encourage her! That is all she needs, just as you do."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"Besides, look what you can do with carrots and stones!"

BK launches into an amazing juggling performance.

performance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

"If I can do that, you can make soup!"

Though the statement makes absolutely no sense, BK is quite entertaining, in his own way.


Foundation's Price | Shadows and Scarecrows

"She taught you all the song?" says Greetle thoughtfully, a surprised expression replacing the annoyed one. "Well, that's something. She didn't have to do that."

He laughs at Banterknell's performance. "Well, you sure have holiday spirit, anyway. All right, all right, I take it back. I shouldn't take some gunpoint out on her like that. Certainly not on you, anyway; I apologize. And after she helped me out with-- oh! Can't forget that, either."

The children came back with a big bag of celery and one of carrots of all colors. "Liza, fetch that mallet Ms. Baro lent me, too.

"Here take these. And this, too." It was a wooden mallet. "That's enchanted. Good for breaking up rocks. Since you're going back to Kupyn, you won't mind returning it to her on you way, will you?

"And I'll see you at the feast, I'm sure!"

Critical success! You get the veggies, Greetle's promise to be at the party, and also the mallet.

The mallet's magic makes it durable enough to be used as a club, andmight have some extra power if you're trying to break rocks.

Horizon Hunters

N/N male gnome bard/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (+1 if shield active) | F/R/W: +5/6/5 | Speed 20', imprecise senses/scent, low-light vision, | Acrobatics +5, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Occultism +4, Perception +5, Performance +7, Stealth +6, Thievery +6 | Active Conditions: challenge bonus (+10 HP, +1 most everything)

BK tries to do handsprings all the way to the next stop but only makes a few dozen feet before he collapses to the ground and holds everyone up while he pants for a while.

"Cousin Screech made it look easy."

Grand Archive

male human tiefling summoner 2 | eidolon: Lidya Irsiya | HP 34| AC 15 | F+9 R+5 W+7 | perc+5; low-light vision | speed 25ft | focus [_][_] | hero points 1 | spells 1st 2/2 | Exploration: Search | Active Conditions: none

Wow... that was quite a turn-around Banterknell. Good work! Morthos remarks as they walk along to their next stop.

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

Well it is a singing shopping… Where next?

The dwarf is amused.

Horizon Hunters

Level 1 summoner | AC 16 | HP: 19 | Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 5 | Spell DC 17 | Per 3 | Speed 25’
Kromrock Crushmaster wrote:

Well it is a singing shopping… Where next?

The dwarf is amused.

”Let’s see the dwarves about some potatoes, then”, Molly replies.

”Set a course, due west!”, Silverbeard shouts, pointing his cutlass ahead of him.

1 to 50 of 123 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS Bounty #5: Witch's Winter Holiday All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.