PFS Bounty #5: Witch's Winter Holiday (Inactive)

Game Master Super Zero

PFS Bounty #5

Slides
RPG Chronicle


101 to 123 of 123 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Grand Archive

male human tiefling summoner 2 | eidolon: Lidya Irsiya | HP 34| AC 15 | F+9 R+5 W+7 | perc+5; low-light vision | speed 25ft | focus [_][_] | hero points 1 | spells 1st 2/2 | Exploration: Search | Active Conditions: none

Do what you can, sister. Morthos speaks to her, barely audibly to others before incanting a power boost at her.

◆ Act together
◇ Cast (verbal) Extend Boost
DC14 Occultism: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Success The spell lasts 3 rounds.
Act together: Cast (verbal) Boost Eidolon

Handing off the remaining two actions to Lidya (in addition to act together)


female devotion phantom eidolon (swift protector) | summoner: Morthos Talandro | HP 34 | AC 19; Resistances fire 1 | F+9 R+8 W+6 | perc+4; darkvision | speed 25ft | ↻Dutiful Retaliation | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

As Lidya creeps forward, two blades seem to stretch out from roughly where her hands are balled in tight fists. One is alight in flame, and the other one moreso matches her spectral form.

When she reaches her target position she slashes both blades down in an "X" at the cobble swarm.

Act together: Stride 15'
◆ Strike: protector firebrand attack, F damage (boosted): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6
◆ Strike: protector dagger attack, P damage (boosted): 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 4 = 121d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10


Foundation's Price | Shadows and Scarecrows

Severus's spell slams into the cauldron with a sound like a gong or a bell, leaving a dent. It rocks and sloshes some of its gurgling liquid into the grass, but continues bubbling.

Lidya's first swing barely nicks one of the stones, and the other fails to strike at all as they bounce around unpredictably around her and over the fallen pirate.

Severus damages the cauldron, though it does have some Hardness.
Both of Lidya's attacks miss.

Black Molly, Impulse-7, and Banterknell's turns.

Initiative:
Black Molly (Cap'n Prone and Grabbed)
Severus
Morthos
Impulse-7
Banterknell

Cauldron (5 damage)
Kromrock
Cobbleswarm

Horizon Hunters

Level 1 summoner | AC 16 | HP: 19 | Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 5 | Spell DC 17 | Per 3 | Speed 25’

”Arrrrr!”, Silverbeard shouts. ”Get off me, ye barnacles from Hell!” He tries to get free of the hungry stones.

Escape: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Escape: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

”On yer feet, sailor!”, Molly snaps. ”No lollygaggin’ on my watch!”

She casts a spell, and a shadowy emanation extends from her hand at the rocks.

Cast chill touch, Fort save DC 17
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5N

Horizon Hunters

N/N male gnome bard/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (+1 if shield active) | F/R/W: +5/6/5 | Speed 20', imprecise senses/scent, low-light vision, | Acrobatics +5, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Occultism +4, Perception +5, Performance +7, Stealth +6, Thievery +6 | Active Conditions: challenge bonus (+10 HP, +1 most everything)

"Maybe one of you beefy types should topple the vat."

Putting his ever present flute to his lips he starts tooting a rather whimsical but encouraging toon, ending in a flourish.

perform, lingering performance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

After throwing up a shield spell he moves away from the cauldron since his is NOT the beefy type.

*inspire courage, lingering composition
*shield
*stride


Foundation's Price | Shadows and Scarecrows

Cobbleswarm Fort save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Silverbeard tries to stand, but between the stones bouncing around while clinging to him, the stones bouncing around over him, and the stones bouncing around where he tries to plant his feet, he finds the attempt considerably more difficult than expected.

One of the rocks rolls directly at Black Molly, taking the brunt of her spell. That one rock crumbles to dust, but there is no visible effect on the swarm as a whole.

Banterknell's music swells through the party, bolstering their courage.

That's a failure for Silverbeard. And the Cobbleswarm critically succeeds at its save against Black Molly's spell for no damage.

Impuse-7's turn.

Initiative:
Impulse-7
Banterknell (inspire courage
Cauldron (5 damage)
Kromrock
Cobbleswarm
Black Molly (Silverbeard Prone and Grabbed)
Severus
Morthos

Horizon Hunters

m N android Summoner 1 | hp 20/20 | AC 17 | F +7 R +6 W +5 | Perc +3 | Low-Light & Darkvision | Wounded 1

Impulse-7 raises his hands and starts making movements in the air... He seems to be manipulating some kind of device (which in the future will be called a keyboard and mouse). Start the protocol of clearing the area. His voice sounds indifferent when the robot starts moving.

Act Together - Boost Eidolon ◆
◆ Stride ◆ Strike ◆ Strike

Dataphiles

Warrior Construct I | AC 17 | F +8 R +5 W +5 | Perc +3 | Low-Light & Darkvision

As if obeying the gestures and control of the android, with a mechanical sound, Enforcer 571-294 flanks the swarm. From his metal hand, a piercing blade is extended, with which he strikes two quick blows.

Bayonet + Boost: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10
Bayonet + Boost: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 5 = 141d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7
(fatal 1d10)

Fatal: 3d10 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (9, 9, 9) + 8 + 4 = 39


Foundation's Price | Shadows and Scarecrows

Enforcer's blade hit the first cobbelemite directly in the open, mouth-like crack. It punched through, shattering the small stone creature on its way through several more. His swing scatters most of the rest of them from Silverbeard's coat, and they land cracked and broken all around.

The few remaining pose little threat.

The cauldron roils and bubbles, and with a gurgling splutter a few more of the rocky creatures pop out. Nothing dangerous as yet, but it shows no sign of stopping. Glowing runes around the cauldron flicker with different colors of light as the entire thing rocks and sways.

That is, of course, a crit. The cobbleswarm is noticeably resistant to piercing damage, but the remaining damage--if I add the +2 for inspire courage--defeats it.

All PCs' turns.

Initiative:
Kromrock
Cobbleswarm
Black Molly (Silverbeard Prone)
Severus
Morthos
Impulse-7
Banterknell
(inspire courage active)
Cauldron (5 damage)

Horizon Hunters

m N android Summoner 1 | hp 20/20 | AC 17 | F +7 R +6 W +5 | Perc +3 | Low-Light & Darkvision | Wounded 1

Is there any way to do a knowledge check to figure out how to turn it off? Maybe via arcana or crafting? "Turning the cauldron over" can have different consequences. If yes, then I would like to spend 1 action on this.

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

Inspire courage adds +1, not +2 as I know


Foundation's Price | Shadows and Scarecrows

+1, but it was a crit so the damage was doubled.

Arcana, Crafting, or Thievery to try to disable the cauldron without damaging it.

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

The dwarf tries to neutralize the cauldron.

Crafting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Horizon Hunters

N/N male gnome bard/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (+1 if shield active) | F/R/W: +5/6/5 | Speed 20', imprecise senses/scent, low-light vision, | Acrobatics +5, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Occultism +4, Perception +5, Performance +7, Stealth +6, Thievery +6 | Active Conditions: challenge bonus (+10 HP, +1 most everything)

thievery: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

BK uses his more subtle skills to try to disable the vat too.


Foundation's Price | Shadows and Scarecrows

Kromrock determines how and in what order the runes were added and gets to work reversing then fairy quickly. Banterknell jobs him, and starts altering the most twitchy parts. It's not quite as effective, but not far behind. The turmoil in the pot seeks a little.

That's a critical success for Kronrock, which counts as two successes, and a success for BK. Which is nearly enough to disable it.

Black Molly, Severus, Morthos, and Impulse-7's turns.

Horizon Hunters

Level 1 summoner | AC 16 | HP: 19 | Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 5 | Spell DC 17 | Per 3 | Speed 25’

Silverbeard stands up, and gets out of biting range. He gives Molly a sharp look.

”You watch that tongue of yours, lass!”, he snaps.

”Got you on yer feet, though, dinnit?”, she smirks.

Horizon Hunters

N (Male) (Versatile) Human (Evocation) Wizard 2 | Teacher | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude* +5 Reflex* +6 Will** +8 | Perception* +6 (+2 initiative bonus) | Stealth +2 | Speed 25 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Repeat a Spell (Shield) | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

Severus follows what the others are doing with the cauldron. "Let me do the rest..." Severus volunteer to finally disable the thing.

Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Foundation's Price | Shadows and Scarecrows

Recalling what Kupyn had said about not using the cauldron to duplicate the rock itself, Severus finds the final error in the runes and disables the active magic. It settles completely and suddenly, a single stone sitting at the bottom of a large pot of calm water.

A brownie scurries over, appearing from no obvious place. "We're here to repay our de--oh. You fixed it already." He giggles. "Great job! Well... we can still help!" And he was gone almost as suddenly, several more of his kind scurrying away from Kupyn's house.

The halfling herself arrives very shortly afterward, carrying a heavy load of something--presumably some type of meat--wrapped in paper. She stops suddenly and looks around, taking in the scattered cobblestones, her dented cauldron, and the trio huddled around said cauldron.

"What the heck happened here?" She says, bewildered.

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

Cooking is dangerous. So you must be careful doing such things.

The dwarf cleans a bit around.

Grand Archive

male human tiefling summoner 2 | eidolon: Lidya Irsiya | HP 34| AC 15 | F+9 R+5 W+7 | perc+5; low-light vision | speed 25ft | focus [_][_] | hero points 1 | spells 1st 2/2 | Exploration: Search | Active Conditions: none

Morthos chuckles sheepishly and rubs the back of his neck.

Hehe. The soup... got out of hand. But, things are under control now. On with the festivities?

Horizon Hunters

N/N male gnome bard/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (+1 if shield active) | F/R/W: +5/6/5 | Speed 20', imprecise senses/scent, low-light vision, | Acrobatics +5, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Occultism +4, Perception +5, Performance +7, Stealth +6, Thievery +6 | Active Conditions: challenge bonus (+10 HP, +1 most everything)

BK tries to take a bite out of one of the stones thinking that, maybe, the spell might have worked in some respects.

Horizon Hunters

N (Male) (Versatile) Human (Evocation) Wizard 2 | Teacher | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (+1 with Shield raised) | Fortitude* +5 Reflex* +6 Will** +8 | Perception* +6 (+2 initiative bonus) | Stealth +2 | Speed 25 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Repeat a Spell (Shield) | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

"We just came back from collecting the ingredients when stone creatures greeted us with hostility, thanks to your magical cauldron." Severus responds to her bewilderment. "Are they supposed to do that every Winter Week?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Foundation's Price | Shadows and Scarecrows

"Decidedly not," says Kupyn with a frown, nudging one of the broken cobblemites with her foot. "I think I've learned why my father said never to try to multiply stone... I've done this so many times now, I must have been careless writing the instructions."

Setting down her load, she winces as she examines the dented cauldron. "Well, I wish that hadn't happened. But I suppose I need to thank you for putting a stop to it. And give you hazard pay, I imagine?"

Banterknell finds that the stones remain rock-hard and rather painful to chew.

Kupyn accepts the vegetables, and pays each member of the group four gold pieces.
By the time she's done that, more people are approaching the house, though they're doing so slowly. Slowly because they are laden. From the neighboring houses people emerge, each of them carrying what looks to be the largest pots they own filled with all the carrots and potatoes and meat they have on hand. Scurrying around them are the brownies.

"Kupyn! Is everything all right over here?"
We heard noises. The brownies said something went wrong with the cauldron?"
"Do we need to help make soup for a village the old-fashioned way?"
"This is a community project, after all!"

"Oh! Oh, no... I think I can get it started again." But the Witch of Scallion's Wrap seems to have tears in her eyes at the show of Winter Week spirit.
That evening everyone in town--including each of the adventurers--receives a generous helping of rock stew.

101 to 123 of 123 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS Bounty #5: Witch's Winter Holiday All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.