[ACO] PFS2e B10 - Hillcross Roundup (P4) (Inactive)

Game Master UncleFroggy

Symbols > Single Action (◆), Double Action (◆◆), Triple Action (◆◆◆), Free Action (◇), Reaction (↺)


51 to 84 of 84 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

X-23 and Sentinel approach the top of the hill. They start seeing find gruesome decorations framing the lair’s entrance. Bones and body parts of various animals hang from ropes and sinew in front of crude paintings of dried blood depicting the skeletons of mammoths and dinosaurs. When they ascend to the top of the slope, they see Babs, tightly lashed to a massive wooden stake a short distance west, toward the hill’s face. The hatchling is unharmed, but frightened. She strains against his restraints and begins letting out throaty cries when she sees them.

Unfortunately, both X-23 and Sentinel also catch sight of the miscreants who took Babs. The villains also see X-23 and are not happy.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Adria Lazar - AC 18, 20/20
**Tirx - AC 18 (20 w/shield), 20/20
**Arik Cavendish - AC 18, 21/21
Bluey
X-23 - AC 20, 17/17
Adoril the Younger - AC 17, 19/19
Maurice Bonaparte - AC 17, 19/19
White
Brownie

Envoy's Alliance

male LN Male Human Ftr 1 | HP 17/21 | AC 18 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +3 | Perc: +5, Acrobatics +5, Athletics: +6, Thievery +5 | Speed 25 ft | Hero Points: 1/3 | Reactions: Reactive Shield, Shield Block | Conditions: None | Exploration: Defend

My understanding was that I was leading the way. Is that not the case? It seems that I am back behind with the others, according to the map. Sorry, if I wasn't clear. I will attempt to clearly post actions. My intent for last post was one action (Draw weapon), and two actions (move).

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Human Swashbuckler 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +5, Stealth: +7 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 2/3 | Reactions: None | Conditions: Panache | Exploration: Search

Noticing X-23 notice enemies around the corner, Adria creeps up and prepares to yank the feet out from under the first enemy foolish enough to come around the corner.

Readied action against first enemy to come within 10 feet:
Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

◆ Sneak, Stealth +7+Cover. ◆◆: Ready. ↻: Trip.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Arik, I moved you up. You still have all 3 actions

GM Screen:

Adria Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

Adria Lazar - AC 18, 20/20 (Readied Action)
**Tirx - AC 18 (20 w/shield), 20/20
**Arik Cavendish - AC 18, 21/21
Bluey
X-23 - AC 20, 17/17
Adoril the Younger - AC 17, 19/19
Maurice Bonaparte - AC 17, 19/19
White
Brownie

Envoy's Alliance

male LN Male Human Ftr 1 | HP 17/21 | AC 18 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +3 | Perc: +5, Acrobatics +5, Athletics: +6, Thievery +5 | Speed 25 ft | Hero Points: 1/3 | Reactions: Reactive Shield, Shield Block | Conditions: None | Exploration: Defend

Arik strides forth, swinging his blade to sever Babs' tether! He then faces the enemy, raising his buckler in a defensive position...

◆: Stride up to 25 ft to Babs and the stake, ◆: cut the tether holding Babs (would that be a strike? Interact?), ◆: Raise a Shield

EDIT: Thanks, boss!

Horizon Hunters

Goblin Rogue 1 / HP 20/20, Perc +6, AC 18 (20), Fort +5 Ref +9 Will +6 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Twitchy, Nimble dodge

Delay

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Arik release Babs from the stake. Babs immediately runs off and hides in a crevice. Bluey runs up to Arik and tries to chomp him.

Bite vs Arik AC 20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Bite vs Arik AC 20, MAP, Agile: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Arik starts feeling a burning sensation course through his arm and it goes numb.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

Adria Lazar - AC 18, 20/20 (Readied Action)
**Tirx - AC 18 (20 w/shield), 20/20 (delaying)
Arik Cavendish - AC 18, 17/21 (DC 16 Fort Save pending)
Bluey
**X-23 - AC 20, 17/17
**Adoril the Younger - AC 17, 19/19
**Maurice Bonaparte - AC 17, 19/19
White
Brownie

Envoy's Alliance

male LN Male Human Ftr 1 | HP 17/21 | AC 18 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +3 | Perc: +5, Acrobatics +5, Athletics: +6, Thievery +5 | Speed 25 ft | Hero Points: 1/3 | Reactions: Reactive Shield, Shield Block | Conditions: None | Exploration: Defend

Fort save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Urk, Arik jerks his arm back, Bad, 'saur!

Vigilant Seal

"Lay down some covering fire Sentinel!" Sentinel hunkers down as a small chained gun begins to spin, slowly spitting bullet after bullet out of its chamber. X-23 grabs a makeshift and cobbled together heavy crossbow frame as he sends a small branch-sized bolt at the dinosaur near Arik.

Sentinel Machine Gun: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Sentinel Machine Gun: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 5 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

X-23 Heavy Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 9

◆ Command Sentinel
◆ Sentinel Strike
◆ Sentinel Strike
◆ Draw Crossbow
◆ X-23 Strike

Status:

HP 17/17
AC 20
Bend Time 1/1

Sentinel
HP 18/18
AC 16

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Human Swashbuckler 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +5, Stealth: +7 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 2/3 | Reactions: None | Conditions: Panache | Exploration: Search

Arik, I think that its movement to that square should trigger your attack of opportunity!

Radiant Oath

Male Race: Human | Champion (Paladin) 1 | HP: 19/19 | AC:17 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Incredible Initiative +2 | Perc +4 |Speed: 25ft |Lay on Hands | FP: 1/1 | Active conditions: None | ◆◇↺

Adoril runs to assist his allies, getting into flanking position with Arik. Adoril takes a swing at blue.

◆Stride
◆Stride
◆Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates
Adria Lazar wrote:
Arik, I think that its movement to that square should trigger your attack of opportunity!

AoO triggers when you move away from the subject, not towards. Attack of Opportunity

Horizon Hunters

Goblin Magus 3 | HP 37| AC 19 | F +8, R +7, W +7 | Perc +5 (Init +6 or +9) | Athletics +10 | Acrobatics/Arcana/Plains Lore +7 | Intimidation +6 | Medicine/Nature +5 | ◆ | Exploration Activity: Detect Magic

Maurice moves up, and casts Electric Arc, targeting Blue and Brown.

Electricity damage (DC 15 REF for half): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Arik, do you want to use your Attack of Opportunity?

Envoy's Alliance

male LN Male Human Ftr 1 | HP 17/21 | AC 18 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +3 | Perc: +5, Acrobatics +5, Athletics: +6, Thievery +5 | Speed 25 ft | Hero Points: 1/3 | Reactions: Reactive Shield, Shield Block | Conditions: None | Exploration: Defend

Sure, as it seems that they are hostile.

Attack of Opp, Longsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Retcon

Bluey runs up to Arik, intending to bite him. As a reflex move, Arik's longsword slashes out and opens a gash in Bluey's flank.

End Retcon

Bluey bites Arik and Arik feels his arm start to go numb, but he manages to power through the numbness. X-23 fires on Bluey and strikes his leg, causing the already bleeding dino to stumble. Bluey's misery is ended when Adoril steps up and removes his head. X-23 draws his crossbow and with one shot, buries a bolt in Brownie's chest, dropping the dino with nary a whimper.

GM Screen:

White Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Maurice sends a small lightning bolt at White, who nimbly dodges out of the way and avoids the worst of the damage.

White, who identifies herself as Glorzia, bellows in rage and roars at the party in heavily accented Common.

"You kill Glorzia's pack! Now Glorzia kill you!!"

Glorzia charges and attacks 1-Arik 2-Adoril: 2d2 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Bastard Sword vs Arik AC 20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Bastard Sword vs Adoril AC 17, MAP: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Lucky for Arik he raised his shield or it would have been a crit!

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Adria Lazar - AC 18, 20/20
**Tirx - AC 18 (20 w/shield), 20/20 (delaying)
**Arik Cavendish - AC 18, 9/21
**X-23 - AC 20, 17/17
**Adoril the Younger - AC 17, 19/19
**Maurice Bonaparte - AC 17, 19/19
Glorzia (-3)

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Human Swashbuckler 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +5, Stealth: +7 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 2/3 | Reactions: None | Conditions: Panache | Exploration: Search

"Not so fast!" Adria shouts, lunging forward with a pirouette that sees her scarf tangle around Glorzia's ankle, yanking it out from under the woman and sending her crashing to the ground. Another twist brings the scarf back and whirling down again, this time with the cutting blades hidden within.

Trip with bladed scarf: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Bludgeoning if Crit: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Bladed scarf: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 5 = 20
Slashing, Precise Strike: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7

◆ Stride. ◆ Trip, gaining Panache. ◆ Strike.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Adria lunges forward and trips Glorzia with her scarf. Glorzia loses her balance and falls to the ground with a thud. To add insult to injury, Adria slices Glorzia with her scarf.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

Adria Lazar - AC 18, 20/20 (Panache)
**Tirx - AC 18 (20 w/shield), 20/20 (delaying)
**Arik Cavendish - AC 18, 9/21
**X-23 - AC 20, 17/17
**Adoril the Younger - AC 17, 19/19
**Maurice Bonaparte - AC 17, 19/19
Glorzia (-15; Prone, FF)

Vigilant Seal

X-23 puts his heavy crossbow down into the dirt as he draws another bolt and struggles on forcing it down into the slot to reset it without shooting himself in his fishface. "Archaic junk." Meanwhile Sentinel digs down deep into the ground as round after round fires out at Glorzia

Sentinel Machine Gun: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sentinel Machine Gun: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 5 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

◆ Command Sentinel
◆ Sentinel Strike
◆ Sentinel Strike
◆◆ Reload

Status:

HP 17/17
AC 20
Bend Time 1/1

Sentinel
HP 18/18
AC 16

Horizon Hunters

Goblin Rogue 1 / HP 20/20, Perc +6, AC 18 (20), Fort +5 Ref +9 Will +6 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Twitchy, Nimble dodge

The goblin moves to strike Glorzia and steps back.

Rapier, VS prone, VS FF:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Damage, sneak attack:1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (6) = 16

Horizon Hunters

Goblin Magus 3 | HP 37| AC 19 | F +8, R +7, W +7 | Perc +5 (Init +6 or +9) | Athletics +10 | Acrobatics/Arcana/Plains Lore +7 | Intimidation +6 | Medicine/Nature +5 | ◆ | Exploration Activity: Detect Magic

Maurice targets the remaining two combatants with Electric Arc

DC 15 REF save
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Envoy's Alliance

male LN Male Human Ftr 1 | HP 17/21 | AC 18 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +3 | Perc: +5, Acrobatics +5, Athletics: +6, Thievery +5 | Speed 25 ft | Hero Points: 1/3 | Reactions: Reactive Shield, Shield Block | Conditions: None | Exploration: Defend

I was thinking the same... Whew!

Arik wobbles a bit, reeling from the hit! Pulling himself together, the young fighter spins his sword to thrust down at the prone enemy!

Longsword vs Prone, Flank: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
I doubt it hits, but...: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Longsword attack 2 vs Prone, Flank: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
If it hits...: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

◆ Attack 1
◆ Attack 2
◆ Raise shield

Radiant Oath

Male Race: Human | Champion (Paladin) 1 | HP: 19/19 | AC:17 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Incredible Initiative +2 | Perc +4 |Speed: 25ft |Lay on Hands | FP: 1/1 | Active conditions: None | ◆◇↺

Adoril casts an intimidating glare at Glorzia then swings twice with his guisarme.

◆Demoralize vs Will DC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
◆Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
◆Strike w/MAP: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Screen:

Glorzia Ref: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Adria trips Glorzia, causing her to bloody her nose on a rock as she falls. Then adds insult to injury by striking her while she's down. Tirx and Sentinel join in, opening horrendous wounds on Glorzia's back and legs. Maurice sends a lightning bolt, which causes Glorzia's fur to stand on end. Adoril's death stare chills Glorzia to the bone but his strikes come up short. Arik also tries to finish the job, to no avail as the loss of blood affects his aim.

Glorzia pulls herself to her feet, her face a mask of blood. She growls and swings at 1-Adoril 2-Arik: 2d2 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Bastard Sword vs Adoril AC 17: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Bastard Sword vs Arik AC 20, MAP: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 3
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Adria Lazar - AC 18, 20/20 (Panache)
**Tirx - AC 18 (20 w/shield), 20/20
**Arik Cavendish - AC 18, 9/21
**X-23 - AC 20, 17/17
**Adoril the Younger - AC 17, 19/19
**Maurice Bonaparte - AC 17, 19/19
Glorzia (-42; Frightened 1)

Horizon Hunters

Goblin Magus 3 | HP 37| AC 19 | F +8, R +7, W +7 | Perc +5 (Init +6 or +9) | Athletics +10 | Acrobatics/Arcana/Plains Lore +7 | Intimidation +6 | Medicine/Nature +5 | ◆ | Exploration Activity: Detect Magic

Maurice sends a ball of fire at Glorzia.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Fire damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Maurice's fireball strike Glorzia burning the fur on her chest. She is on her last legs but is still trying to hang on.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 3
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Adria Lazar - AC 18, 20/20 (Panache)
**Tirx - AC 18 (20 w/shield), 20/20
**Arik Cavendish - AC 18, 9/21
**X-23 - AC 20, 17/17
**Adoril the Younger - AC 17, 19/19
Maurice Bonaparte - AC 17, 19/19
Glorzia (-48; Frightened 1)

Vigilant Seal

X-23 and Sentinel continue to send sharpened projectiles down range into Glorzia as she is now completely surrounded.

Sentinel Machine Gun: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Sentinel Machine Gun: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 5 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

X-23 Heavy Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 2

◆ Command Sentinel
◆ Sentinel Strike
◆ Sentinel Strike
◆ X-23 Strike
◆ Reload 1 of 2

Status:

HP 17/17
AC 20
Bend Time 1/1

Sentinel
HP 18/18
AC 16

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Sentinel and X-23 send a pair of sharp pointy things at Glorzia, hitting her in the chest and dropping her for good.

You find that a terrified Babs stuffed herself into a crevice and won't come out.

DC 15 Nature:

You manage to calm Babs down and coax her to come out. She is calm enough to allow you to attach the leash and lead her back to Xila's camp.

Envoy's Alliance

male LN Male Human Ftr 1 | HP 17/21 | AC 18 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +3 | Perc: +5, Acrobatics +5, Athletics: +6, Thievery +5 | Speed 25 ft | Hero Points: 1/3 | Reactions: Reactive Shield, Shield Block | Conditions: None | Exploration: Defend

Arik wincing as he tries to bandage his wound, looks around for the lost stegosaurus pup. Tying the bandage tight, the young swordsman crouches near the crevice, Anybody know what she eats?

Nature: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Vigilant Seal

Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"Plants, meat, definitely not fish." X-23 surmises, not really sure what a dinosaur eats, and not willing to find out. "Wrap one of your twine ropes around it and drag it back."

Envoy's Alliance

male LN Male Human Ftr 1 | HP 17/21 | AC 18 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +3 | Perc: +5, Acrobatics +5, Athletics: +6, Thievery +5 | Speed 25 ft | Hero Points: 1/3 | Reactions: Reactive Shield, Shield Block | Conditions: None | Exploration: Defend

Arik scrunches up his face, That didn't work so well for me back at the pens... I was thinking if we can coax it out.

The warrior sits down outside the crevice and recalls a song that his mother would sing to him when he was scared. Arik begins the song...

Performance: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

... But his voice is terrible!

Horizon Hunters

Goblin Magus 3 | HP 37| AC 19 | F +8, R +7, W +7 | Perc +5 (Init +6 or +9) | Athletics +10 | Acrobatics/Arcana/Plains Lore +7 | Intimidation +6 | Medicine/Nature +5 | ◆ | Exploration Activity: Detect Magic

Maurice quietly and smoothly comes near the hiding animal. He holds his fist out for the dino to sniff.

Nature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

"Come on, little one. No one will hurt you now. Come with me."

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Human Swashbuckler 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +5, Stealth: +7 | Speed 30ft |Hero Points: 2/3 | Reactions: None | Conditions: Panache | Exploration: Search

Adria gathers her scarf back up around her shoulders once it's clear the danger has passed, and is content to let the others try to wrangle the dinosaur.

Radiant Oath

2 people marked this as a favorite.
◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Maurice manages to coax Babs out of hiding and attaches the leash to her. Soon you are back at Xila's camp and Xila is overjoyed to see Babs and hugs the little dinosaur.

"Oh thank you for recovering little Babs! You have definitely earned your reward!" She reaches into her purse and hands each of you 4gp. Beckoning you to follow her, "I'm heading off to reunite the stegosaurus younglings with their family now. Come along!"

You follow Xila to the valley and witness a heartwarming reunion as the stegosaurus younglings are reunited with their parents. As you depart, Xila bids you farewell and wishes you luck on your future adventures.

Thanks for playing! I will report the game in 24h to give everyone time to verify their chronicle info.

51 to 84 of 84 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PaizoCon 2022]B10 - Hillcross Roundup All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.