The Dire GM's [PFS 2e] #3-05: Inheritor's Rite (Outpost V) (Inactive)

Game Master CanisDirus

PFS 2e PbP: #3-05: Inheritor's Rite (1-4)

GM Notes:
Perception
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice

Initiative
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice

Inheritor's Rite Maps (Roll20)


1 to 50 of 189 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

This is the gameplay thread for PFS 2e #3-05: Inheritor's Rite (1-4) as part of the Play-by-Post Outpost V event, set to begin on March 6, 2022!
(Note that this table will be starting a little bit late)

Feel free to "dot and delete" if you are part of the game, and look for us to begin soon!

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Your journey from Absalom to Almas, the capital of Andoran, was smooth and uneventful. Upon arriving at the cathedral that serves at the local lodge, you are directed to a lounge with several rooms attached to it for you to stay in. A series of papers rest on the lounge's table for you to read (below), as you introduce yourselves to your fellow agents who have also just arrived for this mission!

~~~~~

Papers from the Venture-Captain:
Pathfinders,

Recently the Society’s image in Almas has taken a bit of a bruising. Tomorrow you will be assisting me in presenting a case to the People’s Council. As you may know, the Church of Iomedae is claiming that I didn’t acquire the Almas Cathedral honestly, though I bought the cathedral from the Church of Aroden here in Almas after it went bankrupt. The Iomedaeans are now asking for my purchase to be nullified and the cathedral turned over to their church; it is my understanding that people are also beginning to question whether the Pathfinder Society’s significant presence is truly benefiting the city. I am meeting the People’s Council tomorrow to argue my case.

Tomorrow morning, we have some time to meet with the members of the People’s Council who will be determining if the Society’s claim stands. I hope that you can spend some time with the arbiters and talk up the Society. You are all relatively new members, so I think your perspective on why you joined the Society and the benefits you see in the lodge remaining where it is now will be helpful. I myself feel that my claim stands on the physical evidence alone. However, since the Pathfinder Society’s image has taken a few hits, and I wonder if the Council isn’t looking for a way out or a way to prove that letting us stay is the right decision.

Please take a moment to read the following information on the representatives of the People’s Council we are presenting our case to.

Tritus Fiddlewort: On any other day, I might be asking him to come and share a drink with you all. He has some amazing stories. After a serious injury and the loss of a friend led to his retirement from the Society, he decided to try his hand at government intrigue for a while. He intends to set off on another adventure after this term, citing that after a decade of rest and recuperating, he needs to get moving again lest he undergo the bleaching. He spends a lot of his time advocating for the betterment of non-humans in Andoran.

Tala Farthing: Before her time on the Council, she served as an Eagle Knight. In her government role, she first served on the local Alman People’s Council. After discovering she liked working in government, she ran for the People’s Council of Andoran. She respects honesty and hard work. Tala is one of the few Council members I can guarantee would never take a bribe or oversee a decision she could not be unbiased on.

Freya Greensong: I don’t know much. She moved here as a child from Bloodcove and grew up in one of the poorer neighborhoods. She and her family are merchants by trade. Ostensibly they own and rent out many of the vendor stalls and warehouses across in the city. Primarily they sell specialty cooking supplies and olive oils, though I suspect their business is far more diverse than it seems.

— Venture-Captain Brackett, Almas Lodge


~~~~~

(Handout 1 on the Roll20 table)

Horizon Hunters

Female Goblin Rogue/1 HP:16 AC: 18 Darkvision:60' F:4 R:9 W:5 Perc: +5

You see a 3 foot tall humanoid in traveler's clothes and a hooded cloak. Looking closer you realize it's a goblin. She looks around nervously and looks through the papers on the table, sounding out some of the longer and more difficult words. She then looks at the rest of you and says, "Hello, my name is Ranzak the Dark. The Dark cause my skin is dark blue." Ranzak smiles nervously and sits down in a chair. She then gets out some overripe fruit and begins eating.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger 2 | HP 30/30, Hero Pts 1/3|Focus 1/1 | AC 19 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +8, Lore: Scouting, Labor +4 | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

A Garundi man enters the lounge, wearing well-worn leather armor and a cloak. The state of his clothing and a falcon perched on his shoulder gives the man a rather outdoors-type of a look.

"Hi," he says, smiling amiably.
"I'm Raj."

And then he proceeds to study the papers, frowning a bit as he reads. It seems there's a bit of an irony that he was chosen for a socialising mission.

Verdant Wheel

N male unbreakable goblin magus 1 HP 15/19 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +4 | Perc +2 | speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions:

A wizened old goblin with a long-handled broom over his shoulder snuffles his nose as he looks over the papers. He doesn't seem to suffer from the fear of written text common among his people.

"Typical! They make a mess and send Old Glim out here to clean it up! Humph."

After grumping about it, he looks over the rest of the crew and gives a satisfied nod. "Well, you all look like a capable lot, at least."

Envoy's Alliance

NG Skilled Heritage Human Summoner 2 | Eidolon| HP 34/34| AC 16| F +8 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +2 | speed 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

A man in purple robes greets the group. He is followed by an unusual-looking creature that looks like a cross between a walrus and a lion.

"Greetings, everyone. I am Martin. And this is my companion, Mavenee."

He then starts reading the papers.

Radiant Oath

NG Male Human | Field Medic | Cleric Lvl 3 | Medic Dedication | Divine Font: 2/2 (Heal) | HP 35/35 | AC 19 | F/R/W 8/6/11 | Perc(E) +11 | Spell Attack: +9 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Spells: L1-3/3, L2-2/2 | Medicine(E): +11, Nature/Religion/Survival: +9, Arcana/Lore (PFS, Warfare): +5, Athletics(U):+2, Acrobatics(U)/Stealth(U)/Thievery(U): +1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Exploration Activity: Search |◆◇↺ |

A tall man in priestly robes enters the room.

"Sorry I'm late. Breakfast was just positively heavenly and I lost track of time. Olaf Spiritwell is what I'm called. I don't believe I've met any of you..." Olaf's voice trails off...

Heading over to a corner of the room, Olaf spies the papers that the Venture-Captain left and begins reading them.

Hi Martin! Last game together I believe was that high tier 03-01 last gameday..

Horizon Hunters

Female Goblin Rogue/1 HP:16 AC: 18 Darkvision:60' F:4 R:9 W:5 Perc: +5

Ranzak looks at Old Glim with a degree of respect.

"Looks like we're supposed to talk to these three people and ask them to let the Venture Captain keep his purchase of this building. Is that right?" Ranzak inquires of the humans.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger 2 | HP 30/30, Hero Pts 1/3|Focus 1/1 | AC 19 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +8, Lore: Scouting, Labor +4 | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

"Uh-huh," Raj grunts in response to Ranzak.
"Looks like it."

Envoy's Alliance

NG Skilled Heritage Human Summoner 2 | Eidolon| HP 34/34| AC 16| F +8 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +2 | speed 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

Hey Olaf! Yeah, I thought I was going to be a goner in that scenario. Good thing we were all able to pull through. Glad to play with you at the same table once more. =)

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

After a short continental breakfast is served to you by the lodge's initiates, you meet outside on the streets of Almas.

Art of your Venture-Captain is on the Roll20 table!

“Good morning!” says Venture-Captain Brackett, “And thank you for coming. I trust you read my briefing and you’re well rested and ready for a busy day at court! Please, let us walk and talk; I want to make sure we’re not late. I hope to speak with Valor, the Iomedaean representative, before we start. We’ll be going to the Golden Cathedral to present our case to the People’s Council.”

The short walk to the Golden Cathedral passes through one of the main streets in Almas. Even at this early hour, the city is bustling. The sounds and smells of the street-food vendors selling breakfast fill the crisp morning air, carried on a bracing ocean breeze. Down the side streets, vendors are setting up their carts and getting ready for another busy day.

Brackett continues, “I am sure you read my brief when you arrived, but let’s go over some of the basics to refresh everyone’s memory. Over a decade ago, I purchased our lodge, the Almas Cathedral, at a deeply discounted price. I got the discount because the Church of Aroden here in Almas had gone bankrupt; it was very scandalous, but the purchase was appropriate, and I like to think we have used the building to help the people of Andoran. It seems that not everyone agrees, and the church of Iomedae has thrown the legitimacy of our claim into question. Recently, the ghost of a woman slain nearby seemingly accused the Pathfinder Society of her murder, but our agents proved the whole affair was orchestrated by Chelaxian spies. It seems someone else might’ve been pulling the strings, but we haven’t ascertained who it is. I can’t help but think our string of unfortunate circumstances lately might be related.”

The Venture-Captain smiles at Olaf. “It is excellent to see some of you again so soon. Your help in clearing our name in that haunting incident is very much appreciated. I am pleased to get to work with you again. Perhaps you could mention your efforts when arguing our case? It may help if we can remind the council, and the church of Iomedae, that we’re united with them against such machinations.”

"So...do you have any questions?"

And we're off!

Horizon Hunters

Female Goblin Rogue/1 HP:16 AC: 18 Darkvision:60' F:4 R:9 W:5 Perc: +5

Ranzak buys some food from a vendor as she considers the Venture Captain's question.

"Do I mention Pathfinders are helping my old gang learn new skills and not be thieves anymore? That why I join Pathfinders, to learn new skills and work at circus making others laugh." Ranzak inquires.

Verdant Wheel

N male unbreakable goblin magus 1 HP 15/19 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +4 | Perc +2 | speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions:

Glim clears the plates from breakfast before the group heads out.

The old goblin asks the Venture-Captain, "Do we have paperwork to back up the purchase? Will people claim it was signed under duress?"

Radiant Oath

NG Male Human | Field Medic | Cleric Lvl 3 | Medic Dedication | Divine Font: 2/2 (Heal) | HP 35/35 | AC 19 | F/R/W 8/6/11 | Perc(E) +11 | Spell Attack: +9 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Spells: L1-3/3, L2-2/2 | Medicine(E): +11, Nature/Religion/Survival: +9, Arcana/Lore (PFS, Warfare): +5, Athletics(U):+2, Acrobatics(U)/Stealth(U)/Thievery(U): +1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Exploration Activity: Search |◆◇↺ |
Martin Amblecrown. wrote:
Hey Olaf! Yeah, I thought I was going to be a goner in that scenario. Good thing we were all able to pull through. Glad to play with you at the same table once more. =)

The irony was that it was NovelEnigma's monk that was hardest hit, and you were the lowest level.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger 2 | HP 30/30, Hero Pts 1/3|Focus 1/1 | AC 19 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +8, Lore: Scouting, Labor +4 | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

"So... You talk, and we stand guard?" Raj suggests hopefully.

Envoy's Alliance

N Male Gnome Wizard (Cleric Dedication) 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 15 (16 w/Mage Armor) | F +6 R +5 W +8 | Perc +6 (trained)| Stealth +5 | 25' speed | Active Conditions: | Hero Points: 2 | Default Exploration: Search | ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ◇ ↺ |

A short and portly - is there any other kind - gnome comes rushing up. "Terribly sorry to be late but some of the novices were mixing up their dogmas again and I had to get them all straightened out. Wouldn't do to have them confused about basic matters of theology now would it?!? And somehow - I can't imagine how - some of them think I don't know what I'm talking about! Me, a true priest of the mystic arts of magic!?! Hmmph. Well, I set them straight, you can be sure about that! But... terribly sorry... begging your pardon, where's my manners got to? I am Fyn N' Gyn, though my friends, among whom I hope and trust you shall count yourselves, are welcome to call me Fyn, I am Fyn N' Gyn, a humble priest of Lord Nethys, praised be their name, from whom all magic issues as a mere sign of their magnificence. It appears that we have a mission with some theological ramifications, excellent, excellent. What could possibly go wrong?"

Fyn is in fact a Wizard, but he thinks he's a Cleric (he has the Cleric dedication feat).

Envoy's Alliance

NG Skilled Heritage Human Summoner 2 | Eidolon| HP 34/34| AC 16| F +8 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +2 | speed 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

"We'd be very eager to help. But it seems that clearing our reputation would be a challenge. Where do you suggest we start off to?"

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout
Old Glim wrote:
The old goblin asks the Venture-Captain, "Do we have paperwork to back up the purchase? Will people claim it was signed under duress?"

Brackett answers this question first. "Copious amounts of paperwork, in fact, copies of which have already been turned over to the council for review. Until recently, I felt pretty good about our chances in this case. I still feel very confident in our technical case, but recently our Iomedean opponent, Valor, has been gaining favor...especially after the East Hill Haunting incident. With the Whispering Tyrant active on Golarion once more, the Church of Iomedae is becoming more popular. People want to feel safe, and a growing Iomedaean presence here affords them that. Of course, we had our own part to play in resisting the Tyrant, just a lesser-known one.”

Raj the Unmovable wrote:
"So... You talk, and we stand guard?" Raj suggests hopefully.

The Venture-Captain shakes his head. "I've met with the council numerous times already and said my peace. I feel the best way forward would be for field agents like yourselves to take the lead on this one."

Martin Amblecrown. wrote:
"We'd be very eager to help. But it seems that clearing our reputation would be a challenge. Where do you suggest we start off to?"

Brackett replies, “In cases like this, sometimes the Council weighs the evidence and also takes into consideration what best serves the people. In this case, though our evidence is technically stronger, in my opinion, the Council may deem the people of Almas and Andoran better served by acquiescing to Valor’s request.”

Ranzak the Dark wrote:
"Do I mention Pathfinders are helping my old gang learn new skills and not be thieves anymore? That why I join Pathfinders, to learn new skills and work at circus making others laugh." Ranzak inquires.

The Venture-Captain gives Ranzak a broad smile. "That is exactly the kind of thing that would be perfect to bring up, along with any personal history you might have working here in Almas and Andoran..." He gives Olaf a pointed look at this.

"As much as I wish this case would be decided solely on the legal and evidentiary merits, you're going to have to appeal to their emotions more than a little bit here, Pathfinders."

Unless you have more questions (which you can ask if you like), you begin to walk with the Venture-Captain towards the Golden Cathedral that houses the Andoran People's Council.

As you walk, you can try to see if you can learn anything else from locals with a (SECRET) check to Gather Information (Diplomacy, unless you have other options with your character). You can also ponder to see if you can remember anything with a (SECRET) check to Recall Knowledge (Society, Almas Lore, Andoran Lore, Legal Lore).

If you wish to make either or both secret checks, please let me know which one(s) and I'll make the rolls for you.

Olaf - You gain access to a special option during this scenario because your character participated in the events of the East Hill Haunting (#3-02) - look for this information once you reach the courthouse.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Skilled Heritage Human Summoner 2 | Eidolon| HP 34/34| AC 16| F +8 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +2 | speed 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

Martin will try to go around gathering information.

Gather Information for Martin.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger 2 | HP 30/30, Hero Pts 1/3|Focus 1/1 | AC 19 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +8, Lore: Scouting, Labor +4 | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

Taking lead in talking doesn't sound like a job for Raj. But hopefully some of the others are more sociable types.
Raj walks in silence, trying to remember anything from the situation.
Recall Knowledge (Society +4)

Horizon Hunters

Female Goblin Rogue/1 HP:16 AC: 18 Darkvision:60' F:4 R:9 W:5 Perc: +5

Ranzak will try to gather information from some of the people she sees.

Diplomacy +1, untrained obviously

Verdant Wheel

N male unbreakable goblin magus 1 HP 15/19 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +4 | Perc +2 | speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions:

Glim might remember some things.

Society +5

Envoy's Alliance

N Male Gnome Wizard (Cleric Dedication) 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 15 (16 w/Mage Armor) | F +6 R +5 W +8 | Perc +6 (trained)| Stealth +5 | 25' speed | Active Conditions: | Hero Points: 2 | Default Exploration: Search | ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ◇ ↺ |

Fyn eagerly begins to chat with anyone and everyone, certain that they will all have interesting things to tell him, and also quite (over) confident that seeing the light of Nethys' doctrines will settle any minor difficulties regarding mere deeds and other such worldly trifles.

Diplomacy +5 and Society +8

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 20
1d20 ⇒ 15
1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 ⇒ 12

Martin and Ranzak hear that Councilor Tala Farthing is renowned for her fairness. As a retired Eagle Knight—a freedom fighter from Andoran—she appreciates the skills and influence that both Pathfinders and the church of Iomedae can use to help Almas and Andoran. She especially appreciates some of the Society’s more recent efforts in fighting against the slave trade across the Inner Sea. Councilor Tritus Fiddlewort is a retired Pathfinder, and sometimes he mentors young locals interested in joining the Society.

Martin also learns that Councilor Freya Greensong moved here from Bloodcove as a child. Her parents had been involved with the Aspis Consortium, a ruthless trade organization, and needed to relocate after some meddling Pathfinders shut down their illegal operations. Freya holds some resentment against the Society for this and is likely to be the hardest to convince.

Fyn recalls that most members of the People’s Council take their responsibility to serve their country and its people seriously. They are as diverse in their membership as they are in opinions. Andoran prides itself on welcoming all, and open disrespect of others is not acceptable.

Another post coming in a few minutes.

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

After arriving at the Golden Cathedral, you are led to a meeting room (map updated). The room is well lit, furnished with warm wood furniture, and has a large window that overlooks a courtyard. On the wall is a painting depicting a unit of Eagle Knights — Andoran’s elite freedom fighters—routing undead foes in a gloomy forest. A plaque under the painting indicates that this is a thematic presentation, rather than a depiction of a specific battle. The room is set up for three individuals to sit at a long table with their backs to the window. Facing this table, and to the left, is a table with a single chair. To the right is a slightly larger table, with enough chairs to accommodate all of you, with another seat for Venture-Captain Brackett behind.

Soon after your arrival, another figure enters (pictures on the map and in the "Valor Greeting" handout), who nods their head to you all.

“Greetings, Venture-Captain Brackett. I hope you had an agreeable morning. I, myself, enjoyed the walk today. I see that you brought some friends with you. Are you hoping to sway the representatives with personal tales?

Please, take no offense; I would do the same. I think you’ve done a great job with the Cathedral so far, but—don’t take this personally—the church and I believe that it can be put to better use under our more-legitimate stewardship. Your Society spends too much time collecting and hiding away the past, and not enough time looking to the future. The Society’s numerous enemies are only going to continue causing problems for Andoran if it has such a prominent position in our capital. This transition is long overdue.

Well, now I’ve done it, given away my big speech. Please, allow me to begin again. My name is Valor. Who will I be deliberating with today?”

You have another opportunity to introduce yourselves, this time to Valor, if you wish.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger 2 | HP 30/30, Hero Pts 1/3|Focus 1/1 | AC 19 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +8, Lore: Scouting, Labor +4 | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

Raj nods in greeting, picks the closest chair and sits on it.

"I'm Raj."

A pause.

"This is Horus," he adds a bit later, pointing at the falcon on his shoulder.

Radiant Oath

NG Male Human | Field Medic | Cleric Lvl 3 | Medic Dedication | Divine Font: 2/2 (Heal) | HP 35/35 | AC 19 | F/R/W 8/6/11 | Perc(E) +11 | Spell Attack: +9 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Spells: L1-3/3, L2-2/2 | Medicine(E): +11, Nature/Religion/Survival: +9, Arcana/Lore (PFS, Warfare): +5, Athletics(U):+2, Acrobatics(U)/Stealth(U)/Thievery(U): +1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Exploration Activity: Search |◆◇↺ |

"Greetings. Olaf Spiritwell, at your service. I'm a priest in the service of Nethys."

Olaf pulls up a chair and sits.

Where can I find the maps? I'm at the roll20 site but all I see is the Loading Screen

Envoy's Alliance

NG Skilled Heritage Human Summoner 2 | Eidolon| HP 34/34| AC 16| F +8 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +2 | speed 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

Before arriving at the cathedral.

Martin shares with the group the information gathered regarding the representatives of the council. "Freya had a past negative experience with the society and she may be the most challenging to convince."

At the doors of the cathedral, Martin speaks with Mavenee before entering. "It seems that we need to keep a low profile here. I'll call upon you if danger is imminent." He then unmanifests his summon.

At the cathedral

"I am Martin Amblecrown of the Pathfinder Society. A former student of the Arcanamirium. It is a pleasure to meet the council."

Verdant Wheel

N male unbreakable goblin magus 1 HP 15/19 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +4 | Perc +2 | speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions:

Glim tries to fade into the background as much as possible.

"Merely a humble employee of the Pathfinder Society. At youre service, I'm sure."

Envoy's Alliance

N Male Gnome Wizard (Cleric Dedication) 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 15 (16 w/Mage Armor) | F +6 R +5 W +8 | Perc +6 (trained)| Stealth +5 | 25' speed | Active Conditions: | Hero Points: 2 | Default Exploration: Search | ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ◇ ↺ |

I also don't see any maps - just the loading screen.

Fyn also takes a seat, though it takes a bit of effort for him to climb up and he grumbles about "everything being built for giants...", before he greets Valor amiably. "Ah, I'm glad you agree that Andoran has faced many problems in the past - and I trust you will readily acknowledge how bravely many Pathfinders have fought to defeat those foes - not just for the sake of the past but, as you quite rightly point out, for the needs of the future. By the favor of Lord Nethys - " Fyn says a quick prayer - "May the Society continue to help the good people of Andoran in the future, just as we have done in the past."

Diplomacy, if appropriate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"Oh, I beg your pardon - I have not introduced myself. I am Fyn N' Gyn, a humble servant of Nethys, dedicated to ensuring that the ways of magic, upon which we all rely, remain ever true."

From the picture it looks like maybe Valor is an automaton? Any Knowledge skill to know more about him?

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Yep, my bad. I forgot to move the player view to the courtroom. It's fixed now. Fyn - Valor is indeed an automaton, but there are no knowledges beyond that, and the symbol of Iomedae they are wearing (not pictured).

Valor nods respectfully to each of you, but doesn't seem swayed at all by Fyn's friendly overtures.

A few minutes later, the representatives of the People’s Council arrive and take their seats. One human introduces herself as Tala Farthing, who acknowledges each group with a polite yet firm handshake before taking the center seat at the table. Another, a gnome, introduces himself as Tritus Fiddlewort, who, after introducing himself to Valor, excitedly greets Brackett and each of you. He expresses just how excited he is to be working with Pathfinders once again, even if it’s not in quite the way he imagined. The last to enter the room is Freya Greensong. The half-elf greets Valor but barely acknowledges the Pathfinders.

With a bang of her gavel, Tala asks everyone to take their seats as she gets the hearing underway. She reminds everyone that this morning’s session consists of two parts. First, the council members want to get to know everyone a little bit more. Second, they want each group to justify their claim for the Cathedral. Tala reminds everyone to be respectful and not interrupt.

A Special Option for Olaf:
Any PC who has a Chronicle Sheet for Pathfinder Society Scenario #3-02: The East Hill Haunting can increase the degree of success after rolling one of your checks if your argument during that check related to your efforts during that scenario, such as by relaying knowledge you gained or experiences your had while learning the truth of the haunting. You can use this benefit only once during the hearing.

How this all works:
This hearing is represented by the PCs having two “rounds” to make their case, with each PC making one skill check in each round to earn Argument Points. Their total number of points determines which of the council members they’re able to persuade to support the Society’s claim. The relevant skills and DCs are listed with the description of each round, below, with each check having the following results.
Critical Success The PCs earn 2 Argument Points.
Success The PCs earn 1 Argument Point.
Critical Failure The PCs lose 1 Argument Point.

(Look for another post coming shortly)

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

After making sure the hearing's stenographer is ready and all are seated, the council members ask Valor to go first. The automaton stands, and begins to speak.

“As an automaton, I have often felt like I don’t belong anywhere. I have always been afraid of people taking advantage of me, or not treating me as a person. Yet, when I doubted myself most, Iomedae called to me and gave me purpose. I found my calling in helping protect others from evil. I have freed the enslaved and helped to provide sanctuary to refugees. I have fought the armies of the Whispering Tyrant and, sadly, I was there when Lastwall fell.

Yet through all of this, in the Church of Iomedae, I feel a sense of safety and belonging. I want to spread this sense of love and protection to all that I can. The Almas Cathedral can be a sanctuary that provides a safe place for people to gather and learn. It can be a refuge against evil, instead of a place where evil is hidden away.”

When Valor finishes speaking, Freya addresses you all, telling you that she would understand if you felt for Valor’s cause and want to rest your case. Tritus, however, is quite interested in learning how you all became Pathfinders. He excitedly asks each of you, in turn, to tell a little about yourselves and why you joined the Society.

At least once during your testimony, Tala will have to lean over and nudge Freya to pay attention.

Available skills: (Listed in order from low DCs to high DCs)
Pathfinder Society Lore, Other "relevant" Lore to your background, Diplomacy, Performance, Society, Deception, and Intimidation.

Each of you may now address the council and make your rolls!

Envoy's Alliance

N Male Gnome Wizard (Cleric Dedication) 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 15 (16 w/Mage Armor) | F +6 R +5 W +8 | Perc +6 (trained)| Stealth +5 | 25' speed | Active Conditions: | Hero Points: 2 | Default Exploration: Search | ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ◇ ↺ |

"May Lord Nethys guide my words that I speak truly." Casting Guidance for a +1 status bonus on my check, unless that would be inappropriate. It only has the Verbal tag, so no weird hand gestures are required.

Fyn utters a short prayer before he begins a lengthy discourse about the history of the Pathfinder Society and the role it has played in helping to keep the many forces of magic in the world in balance with one another. "...so, as you can see, the Pathfinder Society has been aiding not only the people of Andoran, but all of Golarion, and beyond (!), for centuries now. For myself personally, and not to take anything at all from the church of Lord Iomedae, which is of course a most esteemed institution, the Society has been the ideal means for me to continue my theological studies regarding the divine basis of the arcane. Such matters are, I assure you, far from academic, as they underlie the very basis of all the work which our friend Valor here has dedicated himself to. Thus, far from seeing us as rivals, I do wish, dear Valor, that you could see how much we Pathfinders have done to advance your own worthy mission."

Pathfinder Society Lore, Guidance (if allowed): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28

Can we use the same skill for Round 2? Or should it be a different one? And should we roll both rounds now or wait until round 1 is complete?

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Fyn - using spells in the council chambers would be frowned upon, and you should wait for round 2, since the skill list will be different, as will the direction/arguments/etc.

Verdant Wheel

N male unbreakable goblin magus 1 HP 15/19 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +4 | Perc +2 | speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions:

"Well, I've been with the Pathfinder Society for as long as I can remember. A friendly Pathfinder found me wandering alone in a swamp when I was just a tot and brought me back to the Grand Lodge. Raised me up right and let me become an agent myself, though I'm semi-retired these days. Mostly stick to some light work around the quarters these days. Quick helpful to have around, Pathfinders."

Pathfinder Society Lore: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Envoy's Alliance

NG Skilled Heritage Human Summoner 2 | Eidolon| HP 34/34| AC 16| F +8 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +2 | speed 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

"After a certain life-changing experience, I knew my time at the Arcanamirium was numbered. Sadly, I was not given the chance to continue my study in that prestigious academy. However, all was not lost for the Society took me in and looked at my experience from a different perspective." He looks around the room towards the audience then fixes his sights upon Tritus. "Masters of various schools helped us hone our talents and gave us opportunities to use these for the benefit of everyone. Explore, report, cooperate. Those words will be forever ingrained in our psyche. From charting unexplored regions to bringing freedom to those who were once captives...," he glances at Tala for a split-second upon mentioning this, ...we were there because we know that we are a capable lot."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Sigh! Not a good start...let's hero point that one.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Tritus and Tala look impressed after hearing from Martin, Glim, and especially Fyn, but Freya only yawns and asks, “Do we really need to sit and listen to all their personal stories? What does this have to do with Valor’s claim?”

With a disapproving tone, Tala reminds Freya that they are here to be impartial and asks if she needs to recuse herself. Freya adamantly declines to do so, and dejectedly motions for the rest of you to continue.

Horizon Hunters

Female Goblin Rogue/1 HP:16 AC: 18 Darkvision:60' F:4 R:9 W:5 Perc: +5

Ranzak looks a bit nervous but remembers the Venture Captain's words to her.

"My name is Ranzak the Dark. The Pahfinders found me and my gang trying to steal stuff to survive after our tribe got mostly wiped out in a battle. They brought us to Absalom and taught us how to read and gave us jobs to do to earn coins. We also learned we could entertain tall folks to earn coins and not have to steal to survive. I work for a circus or do street performing to earn coins when I'm not working for the Pathfinders. I hope to help other goblins learn how to work with tall folk so they can have a good life too." Ranzak says.

Performance: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger 2 | HP 30/30, Hero Pts 1/3|Focus 1/1 | AC 19 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +8, Lore: Scouting, Labor +4 | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

"I was a slave," Raj begins, once all the eyes have turned on him.
"Hard labor. Long days, motivated by the whips of the masters."

"One day, had enough and felt brave, so I escaped. Lost in the desert, I made friends with Horus," he now point at the bird on his shoulder. "He guided me across the desert and mountains, to the sea where I met Pathfinders. Society took me in, trained me, and gave me purpose. Now it's my turn to guide my friends through difficult paths."

Raj frowns, and tries to think of something to help their cause here - he doesn't really feel like contributing just now.

"I don't know much about your church. But I know Pathfinders can and will offer refuge to those in need. They did to me, and will do to others."

Society: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Radiant Oath

NG Male Human | Field Medic | Cleric Lvl 3 | Medic Dedication | Divine Font: 2/2 (Heal) | HP 35/35 | AC 19 | F/R/W 8/6/11 | Perc(E) +11 | Spell Attack: +9 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Spells: L1-3/3, L2-2/2 | Medicine(E): +11, Nature/Religion/Survival: +9, Arcana/Lore (PFS, Warfare): +5, Athletics(U):+2, Acrobatics(U)/Stealth(U)/Thievery(U): +1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Exploration Activity: Search |◆◇↺ |

PFS Lore: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"Olaf Spiritwell. I was one of the Pathfinders who was present during the Haunting. We traced it to the restless spirit of a woman who thought she was being recruited into the Pathfinder Society but turned out she was duped by undesirables and murdered. I was one of the Pathfinders who put her spirit to rest and apprehended the miscreants who set up this deception."

Radiant Oath

NG Male Human | Field Medic | Cleric Lvl 3 | Medic Dedication | Divine Font: 2/2 (Heal) | HP 35/35 | AC 19 | F/R/W 8/6/11 | Perc(E) +11 | Spell Attack: +9 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Spells: L1-3/3, L2-2/2 | Medicine(E): +11, Nature/Religion/Survival: +9, Arcana/Lore (PFS, Warfare): +5, Athletics(U):+2, Acrobatics(U)/Stealth(U)/Thievery(U): +1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Exploration Activity: Search |◆◇↺ |

Can we use the same skill in the 2nd round? I also don't have anything else... I'm a doctor, Jim, not a diplomat!

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout
Olaf Spiritwell wrote:
Can we use the same skill in the 2nd round? I also don't have anything else... I'm a doctor, Jim, not a diplomat!

Already covered that. Also, remember you have a special option nobody else gets that you can use once during these two rounds. Would you like to use it on your round 1 check?

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

When all of you have finished speaking, Tala thanks you, stating that your own personal perspectives are essential for the council to gain a full understanding of the viewpoints and arguments to follow. The three representatives take a moment to talk amongst themselves.

(Music changed on the VTT)

The arbiters now ask why each side believes they are the right group to use the Almas Cathedral. They have already reviewed the evidence from Venture-Captain Brackett regarding the Society’s purchase of the building. Now, you need to argue that the Society’s continued presence in Almas is justified. You could also choose to follow up on Valor’s arguments directly.

Tritus asks Valor to go first. As a former Pathfinder, Tritus admits that he very much likes having such a lodge in his current hometown, but is interested in the church’s vision. Valor gives an impassioned argument that mirrors what they told you when they met before the proceedings, with some added complaints that with all the evil in the world, maybe the Society could use the artifacts they find to fight it, rather than hiding them away. Valor delivers their arguments with genuine passion, though they are a bit nervous, as the fate of the cathedral is truly important to them. Unfortunately for all of you, Valor's impassioned pleas seem to reach the representatives.

As you ready yourselves to defend the Society’s claim to the lodge, Tala asks Freya what questions she has for you. Freya responds by asking you to explain how maintaining the Cathedral as your lodge does more than benefit the Society. She expresses that she shares Valor’s concern for how much the Pathfinders lock away, and how many enemies you bring to Andoran’s doorstep. What good comes of your presence? Why should your be allowed to stay?

Available Skills: (Listed in order from low DCs to high DCs)
Almas Lore, Pathfinder Society Lore, Legal Lore, Arcana, Crafting, Diplomacy, Religion, Society, Deception, or Intimidation.

Each of you may now address the council a second time and make your rolls!

No, there are no penalties for using the same skill a second time, so long as it appears on the list for this round and it is relevant to your argument.

Verdant Wheel

N male unbreakable goblin magus 1 HP 15/19 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +4 | Perc +2 | speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions:

"The Society has done many good works where we have lodges. The Woodsedge Lodge in Galt saved many political refugees, and the Grand Lodge even took a direct hand in fighting the Whispering Tyrant and defeating the Fleshforged Siege on Absalom."

Pathfinder Society Lore: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
I'll Hero Point that.
Pathfinder Society Lore: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Radiant Oath

NG Male Human | Field Medic | Cleric Lvl 3 | Medic Dedication | Divine Font: 2/2 (Heal) | HP 35/35 | AC 19 | F/R/W 8/6/11 | Perc(E) +11 | Spell Attack: +9 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Spells: L1-3/3, L2-2/2 | Medicine(E): +11, Nature/Religion/Survival: +9, Arcana/Lore (PFS, Warfare): +5, Athletics(U):+2, Acrobatics(U)/Stealth(U)/Thievery(U): +1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Exploration Activity: Search |◆◇↺ |

Sorry. Missed it. But yes, I'll use my 2nd chance on my first roll.

Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Religion, Hero Point: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"Keeping the cathedral here will enable us to include shrines for various deities without having to procure additional space from you. We would effectively be killing two birds with one stone."

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Gnome Wizard (Cleric Dedication) 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 15 (16 w/Mage Armor) | F +6 R +5 W +8 | Perc +6 (trained)| Stealth +5 | 25' speed | Active Conditions: | Hero Points: 2 | Default Exploration: Search | ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ◇ ↺ |

"You would be most mistaken, dear Freya, if you believe that the Society brings enemies to Andoran's doorstep! Let it rather be said that, without the Society's ever watchful protection, these enemies might have done grave harm, and - if we were to lose our lodge - may yet do so in the future. Perhaps a modest recounting of some of the Society's efforts here in Andoran might jog your memory..." Fyn proceeds to give a lengthy disquisition of every Society adventure that has occurred in Andoran.

Pathfinder Society Lore: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Goblin Rogue/1 HP:16 AC: 18 Darkvision:60' F:4 R:9 W:5 Perc: +5

Ranzak considers what to say next.

"Ar-te-faks are dangerous unless you know perfectly how they work. There are things about using them that can surprise you at the worst time. Even simple magic items are tricky to use sometimes. Ar-te-faks are very powerful magic items and difficult to use right. That's why Pathfinders hide them so they can not hurt peoples. The battle that killed most of my tribe involved a powerful magic item that our spellcaster thought he knew how to use right. But he didn't know something about it and my tribe lost the battle, and all our warriors and the magic item was destroyed. Pathfinders want to protect people from magic items that need much study before they can be used safely if at all." Ranzak finishes speaking and takes a drink from her waterskin.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Freya looks like she's about to make a loud and dramatic yawn, but is actually stopped short by pointed glares from both Tritus and Tala. Following this, you think she actually (?) pays closer to some of the things Ranzak says, in particular.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Skilled Heritage Human Summoner 2 | Eidolon| HP 34/34| AC 16| F +8 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +2 | speed 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

"Need we explain more? We seek expansion of our jurisdiction and services, therefore, the cathedral will serve as a base and a sanctuary for those who seek refuge."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger 2 | HP 30/30, Hero Pts 1/3|Focus 1/1 | AC 19 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +8, Lore: Scouting, Labor +4 | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

”I don’t think we’ll lock away all artifacts. Just the dangerous ones. I trust that those who study them can tell the difference. “

society : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

1 to 50 of 189 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dire GM's [PFS 2e] #3-05: Inheritor's Rite (Outpost V) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.