Motteditor's PFS2 1-14 Lions of Katapesh GD9 (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor

Map // Morale Points: 3


1 to 50 of 229 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

2 people marked this as a favorite.

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–4 (subtiers 1–2 and 3–4).

Goblin patriarch, merchant, and Pathfinder Society ally Yigrig Moneymaker needs help! The cunning goblin merchant has big plans to build a bridge that will connect two promising trade partners, but something is stirring up the local wildlife and convincing the lions and other predators of the Katapeshi plains that goblins are more tasty than can possibly be true. The PCs must find out who's responsible for the trials Yigrig's family faces before the lions of Katapesh devour the entire goblin clan and end the chance for trade between two desert cities.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Your trip on the Spirit Road in Tian Xia a success, you've now made your way to the city of Katapesh, though Grams left your company on the way, saying she had to stop to visit her family. She departed with a few smiles, and many hugs, which unfortunately make have done a little injury that made breathing uncomfortable for a few days. Other than that, though, it's an easy journey to the metropolis of Katapesh, where anything imaginable can be bought or sold, and the city’s masked rulers, known as the Pactmasters, care for nothing as much as keeping the flow of commerce moving. If anyone wants to buy anything for your characters, let me know.

You meet with Venture-Captain Wulessa Yuul, who asks you to meet with a goblin merchant ally of the Pathfinders named Yigrig Moneymaker. The next day you make your way through the city's winding streets to find yourselves in a meeting room.

Yigrig Moneymaker, the powerful goblin merchant, slumps in a large chair. His face, normally so proud and assured, looks troubled. “It’s good to see you, Pathfinders! I have a lot of respect for the Society. You’ve been good to me in the past, and my family has aided you in return. But today I come before you, my hat in my hands, in need of help.

“My family and I have almost brokered a trade agreement between the cities of Solku and Oenopion. It’s a beneficial deal, one where Solku gains the materials it needs to defend itself, Oenopion gains a new trading partner, and everyone stands to make a heap of coin. There’s only one issue standing in the way of the negotiation being finalized: a bridge must be constructed over the Elemion River to facilitate safe travel between the two cities. My family is responsible for building and maintaining this bridge. It should have been a simple job… easy to pull off.

“It has been anything but easy.”

The old goblin leans forward. “Every morning at the work camp, it is discovered that more of my children have been pulled from their beds in the night, presumed dead. Every shipment of aid I send gets attacked. The last one I sent did not even arrive. There is a lot of money riding on this deal, but I admit this isn’t about money anymore. This is personal. Someone is harming my family and I can’t sit by and let that happen.

“I have contracted the Pathfinder Society to protect the bridge and surrounding work camp while construction is completed. I have a caravan ready to leave, filled with new workers and supplies for the bridge site. I want you on it. When you see it safely to the bridge site, I need you to stop the attacks on the camp by any means necessary until the job is complete. When you get to the work camp, you will meet my son Zig, the overseer of the project. Sweet kid ... takes after his old man. He’ll be your liaison with the workers and see to your needs.

“Nothing is more important than family. Nothing. And so, I’m asking you to take care of mine. Our future is in your hands.”

He looks at you expectantly.

Radiant Oath

4 people marked this as a favorite.
"Goddess of Forgotten and Unlikely Heroes" | 820-2002 | Female Goblin Acolyte Blessed One Bard and Starstone Hopeful 7 HP 62/62 | AC 24 | F +11 R +16 W +15 | Perc +13 | 30 Speed | Focus 3/3 | Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 3/3, 4th 2/2 | Hero Points 3/3 | Campaign Coins 1 | Exploration - Scout | Active Conditions: ---

A small figure, a goblin dressed in the black robes of the Shrine of the Failed, joins the group in Yigrig's office. As she listens to Yigrig's description of the events, she has to quell her excitement. She's done other work for the Pathfinder Society. It was the best way to earn funds and gain research opportunities as she prepares for her ascension. Still, she realizes with a sudden lurch that this... this is is a meaningful assignment. This is an opportunity to help her people! Isn't that why she became a god?

God hopeful. Don't get ahead of yourself, Teki...

Teki hears that voice of sense and waves it away. It's an important reminder and dose of realism, but it also gets in the way.

She gets up, and face shining, takes Yigrig's hands. "Yigrig, your future -- our future -- is sacred to me. I am Teki Stronggut, 'Starstone Hopeful and Goddess of Forgotten and Unlikely Heroes.'" The capitol letters ring out audibly as Teki speaks them. "You and me, being goblin, are the unlikeliest heroes of all! I swear on myself that I will help you and your family. You have my word as goddess." Then she pauses. "Er, future goddess. Starstone test pending."

Then she turns and looks to the other Pathfinders in the room: two human women, a dwarf, a fellow goblin and a wild looking half-orc. "Hello, will you be the Pathfinders working with me on this mission? We have a divine calling ahead of us -- mine! Let us answer it!"

She holds out her hand, and waits expectantly for their names.

Radiant Oath

3 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

Loola stares, mouth agape, at the newest member of their group of pathfinders.

"Um..." Loola cautiously shakes Teki's hand. "Me Loola?" she says, more as a question than as a statement of fact. "Them call me Bloo. Me was goblin once, but now me halfling."

The goblin sorcerer has too many questions for Teki, she doesn't know where to start. "How—? Heroes—? Who—? Goddess—? Where—? Forgotten—? Starstone—? Divine Calling—? WHAT?!?"

She turns to the others, "Scratch? Who this? She say she 'goddess.'"

Loola then returns her attention to Teki. "Me thought goddesses maybe be ... taller?"

Vigilant Seal

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Scratch is sad to see Gram go, who'll keep these young'uns in line now? Him? Ah crap that stinks.... "Just cuz Grams ain't remindin' ya ta be brushin' yer teeth an wiping yer asses don't think I'm gonna take over! Best ya remember yerselves for once..." He grins a semi-toothless grin. Its pretty obvious he may have missed a few brushings himself over the last two centuries... he's never been one to smell the best either...

Scratch does however keep taking the lead when it comes to the wilderness and road travels, his well worn crossbow propped up on one shoulder as he watches the lay of the land for dangers and signs of other travelers. "If I hear one more complaint about 'Are we there yet? Why we walkin' so slow? I think that raccoon wasn't cooked through...' and I'mma gonna start singin' drunk Dwarf songs and ferget my manners!"

---------

They finally arrive at the meeting and Scratch lets out a long and very audible sigh at the laundry list of questions spewing forth from Bloo. "We can talk about all that after ok kid? Let's not waste Yigrig's time." Scratch eyes the well dressed goblin up and down and gives him a respectful nod. Still can't get over workin' fer these greenskins, after all those years! He swallows his pride and asks some burning questions.

"Yer sayin' this deal is good fer both sides... but what yer not sayin' is who ain't it good fer? Ya musta pissed off someone er somethin' fierce for all the attacks?" Perception: Sense Motive +7 on the fella.

Also, I'd love to know what Scratch might know of the area they'll be working in... I personally don't know all that much of this region and its natural inhabitants/threats. Nature +6

Paizo Employee

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --

I don't want to interrupt the conversation, so this will be Tess's reply once Blue and Teki have gotten better acquainted!

Tess watches the new party member with interest, smiling at Blue's enthusiasm as always. She misses Grams already, especially since this is such a serious and family-oriented mission, but she's excited to have the newcomer aboard.

"Greetings, Teki," Tess says respectfully. "I'm very glad you've joined us. I'm Tess, a ... legal advocate and court monitor. This will be my fourth assignment for the Pathfinders."

The young woman turns to Yigrig with an earnest air, seeming far more confident and sincere than the hapless newbie who showed up at a goblin theater not long ago. "We fully agree that family is of the utmost importance, sir. Rest assured we will do absolutely everything we can to protect yours. And if your son is anything like you, I'm sure the operation is in good hands." Frowning, she adds, "Do you have any ideas as to who might be responsible for these attacks? Is there anyone who would benefit from this deal falling through?"

Edit: Oops, looks like Scratch and Tess had the same questions in mind :)


DungeonMaster

Just dotting in, so I can see which villains are used in this repeatable. Just check the character off as an NPC or a previous character while keeping the player list still on here, so it will still appear in my active campaigns and I can read along.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"No, I have no idea. It is good for almost everyone," Yigrig protests. "The residents of Solku need for Oenopion’s alchemical bombs and elixirs to deal with gnoll raiders, while the merchant companies of Oenopion won't have to pay expensive port and shipping fees. It will not be good for the bandits and gnolls and other ports, but most are likely not even aware it's coming."

Paizo Employee

| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

A scarred woman in well-worn leathers and mud-caked boots crosses her arms and examines both Yigrig and her fellow Pathfinders. Eventually she chuckles, shakes her head, and gives a lop-sided grin -- marred by two missing teeth and a scar cutting across her lip and chin. "What a motley crew we make." She shrugs, then relaxes, resting her hands casually on the heads of her hatchets sheathed at her hips. "I'm Samar. Samar Ashaad. From Katapesh way." She gestures all around.

"What's up, Yigrig? Raking in the coin, I see. Nice hat."

She nods at Scratch's question, apparently considering it a good one, then listens intently to the answer. "Bandits and gnolls? Well, that really narrows down the suspect pool." She scoffs, apparently not meaning a word she said. "What about the region itself? Who's living around the bridge? Anyone of interest -- people or wildlife?"

Samar wants to attempt a Nature check to learn what dangers she might expect around the Elemion River and a Society check to learn of any groups/people/bandits with a stake in the immediate area or who'd be particularly ticked at the bridge being built. I'm rolling both below in a spoiler, but if you'd rather roll them go for it. Modifiers are in there.

Recall Knowledge:
Nature (trained): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Society (trained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Samar, you're certainly well familiar with Katapesh, and you know there are some animals, like big cats, that live in the desert, but it seems unusual that they would not shy away from a crowded area like a work camp. You don't know of any specific groups of organized bandits or other thieves in the area.

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

"Sounds like quite a few sides that are on the short end of the stick. Guess we'll hafta do some sniffin' around the site fer more first hand info." He clears his throat a bit before digging in on another sliver of that tasty smoked 'coon jerky.

He offers some up to the two new comers, Samar and Teki "Builds character!" He boasts at the stringy strip of meat, with only a tad bit of fur still attached.

Radiant Oath

3 people marked this as a favorite.
"Goddess of Forgotten and Unlikely Heroes" | 820-2002 | Female Goblin Acolyte Blessed One Bard and Starstone Hopeful 7 HP 62/62 | AC 24 | F +11 R +16 W +15 | Perc +13 | 30 Speed | Focus 3/3 | Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 3/3, 4th 2/2 | Hero Points 3/3 | Campaign Coins 1 | Exploration - Scout | Active Conditions: ---
Loola "Blue" Berrythwaite wrote:
"Um..." Loola cautiously shakes Teki's hand. "Me Loola?" she says, more as a question than as a statement of fact. "Them call me Bloo. Me was goblin once, but now me halfling."

Teki's eyes light up! "Oh so you understand! I was a janitor before I felt my divine calling." She whispers, "Sometimes tall people don't understand these transformations, but you must know exactly what I am talking about!"

Loola "Blue" Berrythwaite wrote:
The goblin sorcerer has too many questions for Teki, she doesn't know where to start. "How—? Heroes—? Who—? Goddess—? Where—? Forgotten—? Starstone—? Divine Calling—? WHAT?!?"

Then Teki's face falls. "Oh. Maybe you don't know, then." Teki takes a deep breath, thinking. "Okay, Bloo. You remember when you shifted from being a goblin to a halfling? But other people who don't know you still see you as a goblin, until you show them otherwise? And really, you started as a goblin, and you'll always have part of you that is a goblin, though your main essence has changed?" Teki points at Loola's chest. "Still, inside, here. Here is your heart, you know who you are, and that is a halfling. Now that you've blossomed, no power on Golarian can take it away from you. It is who you ARE."

Teki points to herself. "It's like that with me. I worked in the Shrine of the Failed..." She pauses, and turns to Loola, seeing the blank expression on her fellow goblin's face. "Right. Let's start from the beginning. In Absalom, there is a BIG stone. The Starstone! If you can touch it you turn into a god, or it kills you! Hundreds and hundreds of people have tried to ascend, and all but four have failed and died in numerous gruesome ways! I, Teki Stronggut, can tell you all about them!" She grins. "We have a long trip ahead, right? We can tell stories about them along the way."

Loola "Blue" Berrythwaite wrote:
Loola then returns her attention to Teki. "Me thought goddesses maybe be ... taller?"

"Most are," Teki admits. "But there are lots of other small gods! And many gods have multiple forms. However... I am not fully a god yet. I'm a mortal still." She holds up to four fingers. "There were four mortals who met the Starstone and didn't die. Instead, they became gods." Teki counts her fingers down. "Norborger, who's kind of a jerk and probably sneaked in. It would be a good way for a goblin to do it, but it's already been done and the stone doesn't like repeats. Iomedae, who was badass and had a history of bullying the Starstone into protecting Absalom from monsters and stuff. Cayden Cailean, who did it by accident, and so no one else is going to get a chance to do it that way. Oh, yeah. And that Aroden guy who died."

Teki unfolds the four fingers again. "Less than a full hand, and something is missing! Yes, it's the thumb. Some god needs to come in and become the opposable thumb of the Ascended. And why NOT me?" Teki wiggles her thumb. "I'm going to be the one who figures out a new path. I'm gonna go up to that Starstone and I am going to tell it that goblins need a new god, one that cares about them and cares about the forgotten little people, and I'm going to succeed!"

She furrows her brows. "I just have to get a little stronger first. Get followers, raise a little money, build a temple, prepare."

You have saved 78 gold, Teki. The Absalom bankers laughed at you when you talked about building a temple.

It's that voice again, and once again Teki waves it away. This is just where she starts, and her temple doesn't have to be big. She holds out her hand to Loola. "So you see, Bloo. We're the same. There's more to us than what other people see on the surface."

Teki tries to recall what she knows about Katapesh, and the area where they are headed:

Bardic Lore:
Bardic Lore: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Then she turns to Yigrig, and says, "I want you and your family to succeed. Like me, you're ambitious, and make real possibilities for goblins that didn't exist before."

Then she turns and shakes everyone's hands. "We'll be a good team. Are we ready to go and save people? Let's go save people."

Radiant Oath

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

Loola's eyes wide, she listens intently to Teki's story, her mouth still agape, but with a genuinely friendly smile.

She turns back to Scratch and proclaims, "Ok. Me like her! She goddess like me halfling." The wee goblin lass beams, proud of her newfound understanding.

And for the next several minutes there is nothing she wants more in the world than to touch the Starstone itself. But, as with all things, that too quickly fades from her attention.

"We go save people! That's what Auntie Juniper would do." Loola nods and crosses her arms.

Paizo Employee

1 person marked this as a favorite.
| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

Samar raises an eyebrow at the long-winded goblin. She sidles up to Scratch, accepts a big piece of racoon jerky, and starts to eat it, apparently unconcerned about the source or hair. In between bites she tips her head at Teki and asks Scratch, "Is the deluded one always like that?"

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:
Samar Ashaad wrote:
Samar raises an eyebrow at the long-winded goblin. She sidles up to Scratch, accepts a big piece of racoon jerky, and starts to eat it, apparently unconcerned about the source or hair. In between bites she tips her head at Teki and asks Scratch, "Is the deluded one always like that?"

"Hard tellin' not knowin'." Scratch replies to the new comer, giving her a nod that, indeed, that coon jerky IS good isn't it!

"Looks like you two greenies are gonna get along just fine." He offers up a handshake to Teki and what counts as a smile for Dwarves "Ain't nothin' wrong with being a janitor kid. Hard work builds character, teaches ya things books and tutors can't sometimes." He gives an accepting nod then gets back into that jerky.

I don't have any more particular questions. Scratch isn't the type to over analyze a mission, he just jumps in with both feet.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Teki remembers little more than Samar, that there are various big cats -- as well as dire wolves -- that could be responsible for the attacks on the camp, and in the area in general.

After you finish talking to Yigrig, he leads you to a caravan that consists of 4 Huge wagons -- with camels to pull them -- and 20 goblin workers. It also contains a trove supplies including wooden beams and food. Yigrig brings you to the leader of the caravan, a goblin named Muckmuck, laughs to himself as Yigrig leaves.

"You longshanks think you can protect us? You can’t save Muckmuck. You’re weak. Face facts. We’re all going to die. You sit there in the back and talk to the workers. We’re all scared. Doesn’t matter what we do. We’re all going to die.

“Tell you truth, I don’t want to go. Yigrig reads too many books. He’s lost his mind. We all think about leaving before he gets us killed. Not help that the minstrel lost hand in teethbrushing accident. Much blood. Can’t play lute anymore. Tell you what. You want to help? You be the minstrel. Make fancy music. Make goblins feel less likely to run away. Convince them we’re not all going to die.”

Despite his words, you have little time to try to raise the goblins' spirits as the caravan heads out almost immediately. Still, after the first day of travel, the goblins pull the wagons to a stop and, after dealing with the camels, settle in for the evening. Their bellies full after a dinner of stew, they seem to relax slightly. The night is filled with fights and cackling laughter as the goblins try to impress you and each other with feats of physical prowess.

You can join in if you want: You can attempt an Acrobatics check to tumble around the camp; Athletics, to show off your bravery by climbing tents, cliffs, trees or anything so high that falling from it results
in a nasty impact; Deception to Impersonate Muckmuck or someone else; or Performance to otherwise entertain them.

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

Loola turns to the goblins, clears her throat, and asks, "Have you heard story called, Rise of Goblin Heroes, True and Accurate Account,
by Zusgut, King of Absalom Goblins?"

Do we still have our scripts?

Paizo Employee

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --
Quote:
Do we still have our scripts?

I think Tess's got wet? But she might have salvaged it. I'm super down for this.

Tess's eyes light up and she begins digging through her pack.

Radiant Oath

CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

"We missing Iqu and Grams. So Teki and Samar, you two be what call 'understudies.' Teki, you play Grenek Rabbit — you don't have bunny costume, does you? Samar, you get play Siathorn and pet poodle-wolf Mitzli. Me still be king." With that, Loola giggles to herself. "Who have crown me can wear?"

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

"Ye ain't dead till yer dead man so buck up!" Scratch gives a really poor and short speech. Dwarves aren't used to inspiring heroics in goblins... instead he decides it'll be easier to impress the workers with some feats of agility, especially for someone his age.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"And now... we hop over this tent rope! Impressive huh?" Or not that impressive...

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I love it!

The goblins get excited to see what Scratch can do ... and then laugh as he stumbles. You can hear a few grumbles among them, about how clearly you can't protect them. "Maybe they'll get eaten first and we can run away?" one suggests hopefully.

Still, they're willing to be distracted by Loola and Tess and their plan. Because Scratch tried Acrobatics, he won't be able to make a Performance check, but I'll let him try to Aid if he wants (if not, he can just participate in the play with no roll, should he choose).

Paizo Employee

| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

Samar tries to impress the goblins by climbing up absurdly high trees and dangling from the branches.

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

When they offer her a place in a play she shrugs and gives it a shot. She'll participate without rolling.

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

"Ain't nothin' eatin' ole Scratch here first cept maybe mold!" The tough old bird scoffs at the miserable goblins.

Scratch will also just participate in the play without a roll. Too bad Samar and I tanked our rolls. Or some of them.

"Remind me again which character I was? I think I was blowin' things up... and a hat?" He looks around, eyeballing some of the construction bits...

Radiant Oath

3 people marked this as a favorite.
"Goddess of Forgotten and Unlikely Heroes" | 820-2002 | Female Goblin Acolyte Blessed One Bard and Starstone Hopeful 7 HP 62/62 | AC 24 | F +11 R +16 W +15 | Perc +13 | 30 Speed | Focus 3/3 | Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 3/3, 4th 2/2 | Hero Points 3/3 | Campaign Coins 1 | Exploration - Scout | Active Conditions: ---
Loola "Blue" Berrythwaite wrote:
"We missing Iqu and Grams. So Teki and Samar, you two be what call 'understudies.' Teki, you play Grenek Rabbit — you don't have bunny costume, does you? Samar, you get play Siathorn and pet poodle-wolf Mitzli. Me still be king." With that, Loola giggles to herself. "Who have crown me can wear?"

"May I see that script?" Teki glances at it, grabs a pen and another sheet of paper, and makes a few alterations as she swiftly recopies the script to a fresh page, excitement rising. "Hey, this isn't bad! This is the type of forgotten hero story that should be told!"

Then she pauses. "But I think we can make this bigger and better. I'm suggesting a cast change. Sandstone looks fierce and wild, maybe can play act the fierce Mitzi and her powerful druid friend better. I'll take Pizazz, only this time Pizazz will sing a great war song. These gobs, they need a good song. They need a story of forgotten heroes that rescued longshanks. Let's do this play!" She prestidigitates a lumpy crown for King Zusgut, passes out revised scripts and they go.

As they do the play, she joins in on the traditional lines, saying with gusto: "And I will make sure that our deeds are not forgotten! I will compose a war song to lift our hearts!"

Source: I'll make a man out of you by Donny Osmond from Disney's Mulan.

♫ Let's get down to business to defeat undead
We’re gobs, drop fire down upon their heads! ♫

She points at Ulthun.

♫ You're the saddest bunch I ever met
But you can bet before we're through
Ulthun, we’ll make a gob out of you

Flaming like a forest
Ghoulish shish-ke-bobs!
Once you find their center
You’ll slice right through!
They're a brainless, moaning, pathetic lot
And they haven't got a clue ♫

She points to the audience, encouraging them to sing the line with her.
♫ We’ll make a gob out of you! ♫

♫ Fierce Mitzi and her goblin, Siathorn
Zusgut our most awesome king
Crimsi trapped tunnels far and wide
Grenek to bold actions sworn
Even Ulthun unleashed a mighty swing
The dead can run but cannot hide ♫

[Chorus:]
♫ (Be a gob)
You must be hot as desert mojo
(Be a gob)
With all the force of a fiery boom
(Be a gob)
With all the strength of a raging dust storm
Furious, destructive as a typhoon! ♫

Typhoons in a desert?

Teki waves the voice away easily. It doesn't matter if the song fully makes sense. It just needs to remind them they're strong. Then Teki looks out at the crowd, willing them to join in with her.

♫ Time is racing toward us till our foes arrive
Heed my every order and we might survive
Apart we’re done, united we’ve won
Will you join our fierce protective crew?
And that's how I'll make a gob out of you! ♫

[Chorus x2]

Perform: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

Performance: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 I'm rolling first to let that inform my post.

"But... but... that not how play go. Is play, not musical. There no big song and dance number in Rise of Goblin Heroes." Loola throws up her arms and pouts.

She reluctantly dons the lumpy and misshapen crown ("It not even circle," she points out), and goes along with Teki's changes, but her performance as King Zusgut is lackluster, emotionless, and falls flat.

"I see great heroes have returned. But who this with you? Speak, brave knight." Loola yawns.

...

"Yeah yeah yeah!" The goblin lass waves a hand dismissively. "Crookedtoes, my people, harken me. Now is time four told, time when talls would come before us in desperate need."

...

"I think we need to hurry; no time for catapults or songs." She pauses. "SEE!?! No time for SONGS! King say so!"

"Prepare for journey south and into our destiny. Now, we be heroes."

Upon the audience's applause at the Pizazz 'understudy,' Loola pouts even more. She certainly does not enjoy being upstaged by this newcomer to the group. Even if Teki is a goddess the same way that Loola is a halfling.

"Me wish Grams was here," she mutters to herself.

I will use the Hero Point that Teki just gave out.

Performance, Hero Point: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 A little better.

Paizo Employee

2 people marked this as a favorite.
| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

"Wait, what? Who am I?" Samar asks with a smirk as one goblins gets super into the play and the other pouts.

With a shrug, she gives it a shot.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Samar's attempt to impress the goblins fails as she doesn't quite climb high enough.

Still, Loola and Teki's performance -- despite their differences on script control -- seems to thrill the other goblins, and they eagerly sing along by the end -- "gob out of yououououou!"

Right up until Sandstone tries to contribute with a series of flips to finish off the show. Instead, he slips, tweaking his back, and dampening the goblins' enthusiasm. Where a moment before they seemed to have put their cares aside, they certainly seem uncertain again. 1 hp damage for his critical failure, plus upset the goblins

Sandstone Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d4 ⇒ 1
Note: I "botted" Sandstone, but didn't want to use his Hero Point. If you want me to, though, we can. Otherwise I'll move us all on tomorrow.

Radiant Oath

"Goddess of Forgotten and Unlikely Heroes" | 820-2002 | Female Goblin Acolyte Blessed One Bard and Starstone Hopeful 7 HP 62/62 | AC 24 | F +11 R +16 W +15 | Perc +13 | 30 Speed | Focus 3/3 | Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 3/3, 4th 2/2 | Hero Points 3/3 | Campaign Coins 1 | Exploration - Scout | Active Conditions: ---

Teki passes her campaign coin to Sandstone.

"You, big guy. Go do cartwheels again!" Teki pushes Sandstone out, and says, "Come on. Have a little faith in yourself."

Sandstone does flashy cartwheels!

Sandstone's Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

2 people marked this as a favorite.

At Teki's urging, Sandstone recovers from his seeming stumble -- turning it into part of the show -- and the goblins expressions of dismay turn to joy and cheers as it's clear they were fooled. Congrats, you had three success, and have given the goblins 3 Morale Points, which this adventure will track.

The goblins in fine spirits and the festivities done for the evening, you get to sleep, which happily passes undisturbed. In the morning, you set out again, making good time. Around noon, the caravan pulls to a stop in an oasis, the goblins taking some time to let the camels drink. Do you want to place your "figs" where you'd be on the map? The orange boxes are the wagons.

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

As the caravan nears the oasis, Loola can be heard singing quietly to herself while tapping her foot and snapping her fingers — neither of which are in time, either with each other or the tune.

"♫ ... And that's how I'll make a gob out of you! ♫"

@Teki I hope you know that I loved the changes you made to the play. We all know that Loola is a brat. :)

Verdant Wheel

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Half-Orc Druid (Wild) 1┃ hp 19/19┃AC 15┃Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9┃Per +7, low-light vision┃ Speed 25┃Athletics +4 · Herbalism +3 · Intimidate +3 · Nature +7 · Stealth +4 · Survival +7┃Focus 1/1┃Spells 1st—1/2┃Hero Points 0/1┃Active Conditions:

Sandstone limps along behind the others, quietly nursing his sprained dignity, cursing his acting luck. Next time there is any sort of performance, he thinks, I'm staying well out of it.

-- oasis time!

The oasis is an intriguing biome. From his background in the desert he fiercely loves, Sandstone knows the importance of water, and the curious truce between predator and prey that usually prevails around watering holes. A gentle breeze blows over the water, and Sandstone turns into it, opening his senses to any information it carries.

Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Paizo Employee

CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --

Late to the party, but...

Tess tries to roll with the new script:

Performance (Oratory): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

She's a big fan of Teki's song!

Paizo Employee

| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

Samar sidles up to the oasis waters, looks around for trouble, then refills her waterskins at the pool.

Perception (expert): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Scratch gives the group a solid round of applause for their selling the play oh so well, even with the last minute changes to his lines. "Ain't a big fan of last minute swaps, but they seemed ta like it gud nuff I guess." He takes a seat on a wagon heaped in rope and hunkers down for the camel tow.

----

Once they reach the oasis Scratch stays hunkered down on top of the wagon for a bit, remembering the warnings of the goblin. "Best we keep our eyes n ears fresh folks. 'Member the warnin's we got about bandits n the like... seems like a good place here ta make one!" He keeps his trusty crossbow locked and loaded in his hands as he scans the horizons and the water hole for anything odd.

Scratch makes a good look out so that's his plan for the moment. +7 expert perception for his exploration mode at present.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Unfortunately, Scratch's concerns prove to be well-founded, as a group of bandits suddenly emerges from the rocks around the oasis, vials of something in their hand. The goblins let out cries of alarm and scatter, leaving you to defeat the threat!

Initiative:

Loola: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Samar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Sandstone: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Scratch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Teki: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Tess: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Banits: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Sandstone and Samar are up!

Paizo Employee

| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

Samar eyes the bandit in the cyan hat across the way as she pulls out her short bow. She cricks her neck from side to side, then suddenly nocks and fires an arrow at his shoulder with practised ease.

Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Piercing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Hunt Target (cyan), interact to draw short bow, strike (she doesn't take a range penalty on this shot due to hunt target)

Hmmm... If that's a miss she'll use a hero point to reroll it. Rolling it now in a spoiler just in case.

Spoiler:
Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Verdant Wheel

CG Male Half-Orc Druid (Wild) 1┃ hp 19/19┃AC 15┃Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9┃Per +7, low-light vision┃ Speed 25┃Athletics +4 · Herbalism +3 · Intimidate +3 · Nature +7 · Stealth +4 · Survival +7┃Focus 1/1┃Spells 1st—1/2┃Hero Points 0/1┃Active Conditions:

ooh that's a good long way away, isn't it

A rock next to a tree catches Sandstone's eye. "Cover," he nods to himself, and dashes to the rock. Ripping the shield from his back, he slams it atop the stone and readies a javelin. Eyes bright, fangs bared in a ferocious smile, he leans into nature and waits.

◈ Stride
◈ Raise Shield
◈ Draw Weapon (probably I think?)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 1/2:

Teki: 11*
Loola: 10*
Scratch: 10*
Tess: 8*
Sandstone: 26
Samar: 22
Bandits: 18

Sandstone moves a bit closer before taking cover by the trees and drawing his weapon, while Samar coolly draws her bow, takes aim and fires, causing a cry of pain from the bandit. No need to use the Hero Point.

Despite your resistance, the bandits close in, throwing vials that burst into flame on the wagons! The one in purple moves closer, throwing a vial -- which falls well short of the wagon Scratch is sitting on -- and then taking coverage behind one of the rocks. The blue-garbed bandit moves closer, throwing his own vial before pulling a second one. This one seems to hit its target -- not Scratch, but the wagon! -- and it ignites, flames starting to lick at its frame and the supplies inside. A moment later, the red-hatted bandit runs forward at a sprint, tossing his vial at the wagon Loola's on. It too catches fire, and the little goblin is splashed with some of the liquid, burning her slightly 1 fire damage.

The bandit Samar shot joins the others in rushing forward and throwing, but his aim is thrown off by the arrow in his side, and it falls harmlessly on the ground, as does a vial thrown by the final bandit, in a green cloak.

Mechanics:

Cyan: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 2 = 8
Blue: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 2 = 21
1d8 ⇒ 6
Red: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22
1d8 ⇒ 8
Purple: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 = 5
1d8 ⇒ 8
Cyan: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 2 = 14
Green: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 = 9

Cyan: 5
Purple: cover
Blue: vial in hand

Black wagon: 6
Green wagon: 8

Full party is up. Two of the wagons are burning. If you're adjacent to a burning wagon, you can spend 1 action and attempt a Reflex save to Interact with the wagon to put out a fire using blankets, water, or some other appropriate tool. (Or try some other method!) You don't need to wait until others before you in initiative order post -- I do go in that order, but I pretty liberally have people delay as possible to make sure your posted actions work (and will occasionally tweak your actions). Also, feel free to do if/then type posts.

Radiant Oath

CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

"Eep! Fire! Scratch, our wagons are on fire!" Loola hollers out, before becoming momentarily transfixed on the flames. "oooohhhh...."

Quickly coming to her senses, she grabs her waterskin from the wagon and begins dousing at the flames.

◈ Interact to get waterskin
◈ Interact to douse flames
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

With a couple of arcane words in draconic, the wee blue goblin lass casts a spell causing her hands to transform into dragon claws, and bright blue dragon scales ripple across her body.

◈ Cast dragon claws
This is a Blood Magic spell, so it also gives her a +1 status bonus to AC for 1 round due to her dragon scales.

Radiant Oath

2 people marked this as a favorite.
"Goddess of Forgotten and Unlikely Heroes" | 820-2002 | Female Goblin Acolyte Blessed One Bard and Starstone Hopeful 7 HP 62/62 | AC 24 | F +11 R +16 W +15 | Perc +13 | 30 Speed | Focus 3/3 | Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 3/3, 4th 2/2 | Hero Points 3/3 | Campaign Coins 1 | Exploration - Scout | Active Conditions: ---

For a moment, Teki is transfixed by the enchanting sight of fire. What sight is more enticing to goblins? Then she shakes herself. These bandits were clever. If the other gobs saw the flames, they might be too distracted to put them out before they realized that they were losing the wagons. She nods as Teki put out the flames on the other wagon. Smart gob. It was time for divine intervention!

♫ Watch out you might get what you're after
Pyro bandits strange but not a stranger
They're ordinary guys
Burning down our carts!

Act fast if we wait the party's over
Act fast we're in for a nasty bother
If we don't find a way,
They'll burn down our carts!

Here's a blanket tamp the fire
Time to protect our cargo hold
The transportation is here
Close enough but not too far
Maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire! ♫

Source: Burning down the House by the Talking Heads

◈ Inspire Courage (+1 to attack and damage!)
◈ Stride
Reflex to toss blanket on fire: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Verdant Wheel

CG Male Half-Orc Druid (Wild) 1┃ hp 19/19┃AC 15┃Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9┃Per +7, low-light vision┃ Speed 25┃Athletics +4 · Herbalism +3 · Intimidate +3 · Nature +7 · Stealth +4 · Survival +7┃Focus 1/1┃Spells 1st—1/2┃Hero Points 0/1┃Active Conditions:

great song though

Popping up from behind the rock and his shield, Sandstone bares his teeth and hurls his javelin at Red.

ranged attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15
piercing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"If you want fire," he growls, "I'll give you fire." He clenches his fist until small flames flicker between his fingers, then slings a ball of fire in Red's direction.

produce flame attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 Ugh, rerolling with hero point.
produce flame attack reroll: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11 Well that's not much better, but I'll roll damage just in case.
fire damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

◈ ranged attack
◈◈ produce flame (S,V)

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Scratch gives a very annoyed look as yes Our wagons are on fire... "Blasted bandits! They ain't here fer lootin' their just here ta destroy the supplies... smells fishy!" He drops his trusty crossbow where he is away from the flames then climbs through the wagon to help Tika put out the flames.

He drags out his half empty water skin and soaks down her blanket while resisting the urge to pee. This happens every time...

Actions should be: stride, draw water skin, interact to use it.

Paizo Employee

CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --

If we're in a sandy enough area, Tess might try to smother some of the fire with sand? Otherwise, she'll opt for the other tried & true methods of firefighting. (Also damn, this one's a little close to home... Current air quality is "worse than the scale is even built to show" from all this smoke!)

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Tess spends her turn fighting the flames on the wagons, but she's prepared to draw her rapier and defend the goblins should anyone get close.

Paizo Employee

| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

Trusting her fellows to put out the fires, Samar strides forward and fires two arrows at the red bandit.

Ranged Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Piercing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Ranged Strike: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 5 = 11
Piercing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 1:

Teki: 11
Loola: 10
Scratch: 10
Tess: 8
Sandstone: 26
Samar: 22
Bandits: 18

Teki and Loola are able to quickly douse the fires before they really even get started, sparing the materials packed inside.

With the fires out, I'm going to tweak some of your other actions: Freed up to take the fight to these bandits and inspired by Teki's song, Scratch and Samar open fire with their bows. Samar's first arrow hits, but the second flies wide, while Scratch -- distracted by the blaze -- sends his bolt flying far wide. Scratch Hunted Prey (green), fired, and reloaded

Tess pulls her rapier, moving forward to block the bandits' path to the wagons and goblins, while Sandstone joins Samar in his attacks -- but the bandit is already ducking from the incoming arrows and the half-orc's javelin and fireball pass right over his head!

The bandits seem content to ignore you for the moment, each pulling out another vial and throwing it again toward the wagons. The purple bandit pulls out a third vial, as he and Blue each duck behind cover again, the latter also pulling a shortsword from its sheath. Fortunately, both seem more concerned about the unexpected resistance you're providing, and the vials splash harmlessly on the ground, only a few flickers catching the black wagon.

The red-garbed bandit moves to take cover, throwing his vial at Loola's wagon. His aim proves true, and it slams into the wagon, igniting in a rush of fire! A little splash catches Loola, scorching her 1 fire damage

The green bandit rushes forward, pulling another vial and throwing it toward the red wagon, which like the green one, bursts into flame from the direct hit. The final bandit, in aqua, rushes across the desert, taking cover in some trees toward the west of the camp.

Mechanics:

Scratch Strike: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9

Purple: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 2 = 6
Blue: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 = 5
Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
1d8 ⇒ 4
Green: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 = 23
1d8 ⇒ 5

Cyan: 5
Purple: cover, vial in hand
Blue: cover, vial, sword in hand
Red: 6, cover
Aqua: cover

Black wagon: 7
Green wagon: 16
Red wagon: 10

Party is up!

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Thanks for the adjustment GM, that's what I would have done. Tika: Do you want to try to go snuff out that wagon fire behind us? I'm assuming Scratch is better in combat that you, but I don't know the mechanics of Bahhds yet.

Scratch shakes his fist angrily at the green bandit "Stay off my beach ya damned pyromaniac! I'm too damn old n moldy ta give up anytime soon!" He fires off another shot at green, reloads, then takes cover from any counter attacks.

Crossbow vs Green: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage (P), Precision: 1d10 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (6) = 10

Strike, Reload, Take Cover (+2 AC)

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

"Stop that!" Loola cries as she pulls out a blanket and smothers the new fire.

◈ Interact to get blanket
◈ Interact to smother flames
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Not succeeding the first time, she tries again.
◈ Interact to smother flames
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Hero Point!
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Yay!

"Scratch, these men keep making wagon on fire!"

Paizo Employee

| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

Samar pulls out her hatchet, strides over to the teal bandit, and drives it into his chest.

Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Radiant Oath

"Goddess of Forgotten and Unlikely Heroes" | 820-2002 | Female Goblin Acolyte Blessed One Bard and Starstone Hopeful 7 HP 62/62 | AC 24 | F +11 R +16 W +15 | Perc +13 | 30 Speed | Focus 3/3 | Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 3/3, 4th 2/2 | Hero Points 3/3 | Campaign Coins 1 | Exploration - Scout | Active Conditions: ---

◈ Inspire Courage (+1 to attack and damage!)
◈ Stride
Reflex to toss blanket on fire: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Teki once again dives to throw a blanket on a wagon. "The rest of you, take those bandits out!"

Verdant Wheel

CG Male Half-Orc Druid (Wild) 1┃ hp 19/19┃AC 15┃Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9┃Per +7, low-light vision┃ Speed 25┃Athletics +4 · Herbalism +3 · Intimidate +3 · Nature +7 · Stealth +4 · Survival +7┃Focus 1/1┃Spells 1st—1/2┃Hero Points 0/1┃Active Conditions:

Sandstone aims another fireball at Cyan.

produce flame attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13
produce flame damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

He produces a second javelin and awaits another opportunity.

◈◈ produce flame (S,V)
◈ draw weapon

1 to 50 of 229 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's PFS2 1-14 Lions of Katapesh GD9 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.