Motteditor's PFS2 1-14 Lions of Katapesh GD9 (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor

Map // Morale Points: 3


151 to 200 of 229 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Verdant Wheel

3 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Half-Orc Druid (Wild) 1┃ hp 19/19┃AC 15┃Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9┃Per +7, low-light vision┃ Speed 25┃Athletics +4 · Herbalism +3 · Intimidate +3 · Nature +7 · Stealth +4 · Survival +7┃Focus 1/1┃Spells 1st—1/2┃Hero Points 0/1┃Active Conditions:

If I have low-light vision, do I need lights of some sort?

Sandstone cups his hands in front of his mouth and blows into them. Like dandelion seeds, four small lights emerge and waft gently across the cavern.

◈◈ Dancing Lights

Paizo Employee

CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --

Tess, about to pull out a torch, smiles gratefully at Sandstone and readies her rapier before attempting to move ahead slightly without detection.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Yes, you will need some sort of light deeper in the cave.

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

"OOOOoooooooo..." Loola playfully swats at the lights.

Paizo Employee

| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

Samar readies her hatchets and places her back to the nearby cavern wall. When Sandstone's lights illuminate the cave she peers inside, then starts slinking forward deeper into the cave.

If she can see the enemies from where she is, she calls out a warning to her companions.

Radiant Oath

CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

What is it that we see? Loola has darkvision.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You see what look like the skeletons of four goblins, as well as an injured big cat to your right, and in the far reaches of the cave another cat prowling on the far side of a crevice.

Radiant Oath

CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

Loola casts shield on herself. When she does so, blue scales ripple across her skin. (She gets +2 to AC for one round.)

The small goblin draws her light mace and walks up behind Samar. "We bash some skellies," she whispers to the ranger.

◈ Cast shield
◈ Interact
◈ Stride

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

OK, I think we've had five PCs post actions, so I'm going to post Round 1.

Round 1:

Tess: 25
Teki: 25
Sandstone: 19
Scratch: 18
Samar: 17
Loola: 11
Antagonists: 25

Teki moves into the room, taking cover on the wall as she starts to exhort everyone into greater action inspire courage. "Be careful of that pit!" she warns. "It's probably not as deep as the one around the cathedral, but you still might die if you fall in!"

She's joined in creeping forward by Tess, who pulls out a torch even as Sandstone blows a series of lights into the room, letting you see the skeletons arrayed against you. Scratch fires a warning shot as the creatures in the cave ignore his entreaties, but they seem to ignore the flying bolt too.

Samar and Loola move into the cave just in time for the goblin skeletons to advance, two of them slashing with their tiny, bony claws at Samar, and one each at Tess and Scratch. Most of the attacks are easily fended off, but one does catch Samar across the shoulder, leaving bloody gouges. 4 hp damage

Mechanics:

Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Party is up; don't forget you're inspired.

Radiant Oath

CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

"We see if gob skellies like fire as much as gobs like fire!" Loola produces an arcane scroll from the case on her belt. She unrolls it and casts a spell. A fan of flames shoots forth from her hands, engulfing three of the skeletons.

◈ Interact
◈◈ Use scroll, burning hands

burning hands damage, fire: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11 basic Reflex DC 17

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

"Goblin sized skellies?" Scratch bellows, not sure if he should laugh or be nervous! Religion +6 to ID

After issuing some Dwarven knowledge of their foes Scratch has a decision to make. I guess his knowledge will dictate how he proceeds.. best weapons for the job, etc.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Secret Recall Knowledge:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Scratch:

You think they're likely very similar to most skeletons, so immune to death effects, disease, mental, paralyzed, poison and unconsciousness, while also resistant to cold, electricity, fire, piercing, and slashing.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

"Blades n bolts don't do so great against skellies, neither some of them balls of snow you like tossin' around." He hollers as he draws out his heavy, blunt Dwarven clan dagger, sending his crossbow clattering to the floor. He lashes out with a punch on the aqua bag of bones.

Clan Dagger (B): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Feel free to read the Scratch spoiler above.

Verdant Wheel

CG Male Half-Orc Druid (Wild) 1┃ hp 19/19┃AC 15┃Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9┃Per +7, low-light vision┃ Speed 25┃Athletics +4 · Herbalism +3 · Intimidate +3 · Nature +7 · Stealth +4 · Survival +7┃Focus 1/1┃Spells 1st—1/2┃Hero Points 0/1┃Active Conditions:

Sandstone takes a quick mental inventory of all his weapons. "No fire, no cold, no wind, no blades... Hmm." He grins wickedly and raises two fists, then jumps into the fray with aqua skeleton.

Stride, Strike, Strike

Desert Haymaker, inspired: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13
Damage (B), inspired: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Sun-on-Rocks Left Jab, inspired: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 6
Damage (B), inspired: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Paizo Employee

| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

Samar curses as the skeleton tear into her, then cusses even louder when Scratch shares his knowledge with her. She eyes the red skeleton in front of her, looking for weak points in its bones, then hefts her hatchets high and swings really hard.

Twin Takedown 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Twin Takedown 2: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 2 = 18
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

If both attacks hit, combine the damage for the purposes of weakness and resistances.

If red is dead (again), she'll make green her hunted prey. If not, she'll:
Back against the wall, she panics and swings her hatchet one more time!

Strike: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 = 21
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Hunt Prey (red), Twin Takedown (red), then either: Hunt Prey (green) or Strike (red)

Paizo Employee

CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --

Tess will go after Bluebones, muttering about "cursed perceptive skeletons." "Perceive this, you stack of bones!!" she shouts, thrusting the torch at its face.

torch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
B damage +1 fire: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Botting Teki again.

Quick stats:

Tess: 25
Teki: 25
Sandstone: 19
Scratch: 18
Samar: 17
Loola: 11
Antagonists: 25

Tess slams the skeleton with the torch, rattling its bones, though the flame doesn't seem to hurt it at all. In fact, she almost thinks she sees a feral gleam of joy in the goblin skull's eyeholes, but maybe that's just her imagination. She quickly leans up against the wall, trying to take advantage of any cover it may provide Not sure if you took more than one action? I'll have you Take Cover, if not... Teki, meanwhile, saddened by all these goblin failures, steps back, out of the fray, though she continues to encourage all you to greater heights. Inspire.

Sandstone and Scratch struggle to hit their foes, but Samar has no problem, her hatches cutting deep into its bones, shattering a few ribs. She's sure she'd have done more if they had flesh, but even without, she clearly battered the thing. She's about to swing again when the cave suddenly erupts in fire, Loola sending gouts of it over the skeletons, only one of which is able to get out of the way Aqua succeeds at its save, and its resistance to fire means it takes no damage.

Undaunted by blade or spell, the goblin bones continue their assault, the most badly burnt one moving toward Loola like a living goblin drawn to a flame. Samar, Loola and Sandstone all takes woundss 3, 4 and 6 hp, respectively, but Scratch takes the worst of it, as the skeleton nearly rips his throat out, and he falls to the ground unmoving. Yikes; dicebot is not happy. That's 26 damage, so you're at 0 HP and dying 2

"Oh, no, hold on, Scratch" Teki calls. I'll have her cast soothe next round

Mechanics:

Red Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Aqua Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Yellow Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Green claw vs. Samar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Green claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Red claw vs. Loola: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Red claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Yellow claw Vs. Scratch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Yellow claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Yellow claw: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Sandstone or Tess: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Aqua claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Aqua claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Aqua claw: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

Aqua: 2
Red: 15
Yellow: 6

Party is up; don't forget you're inspired.

Radiant Oath

CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

"Oww! You not hurt Scratch! Bad Skellies!" Loola fumes with anger. She casts a spell and telekinetically hurls a rock at the skeleton attacking her.

◈◈ Cast telekinetic projectile
telekinetic projectile attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
telekinetic projectile damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

With a quick arcane word, the small blue gobling then casts a shield spell. Scales ripple all across her body.

◈ Cast shield

Loola gains +2 bonus to AC (so it is now 19) for 1 round. If she is hit for more than 5 damage on a single attack (or if multiple attacks would drop her to 0), she will use ⤾ Shield Block.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Ugh, I think I'm off to the great slag pit in the sky... I need that blood! Thinks the old timer as he falls to the stone floor with a thud.

Verdant Wheel

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Half-Orc Druid (Wild) 1┃ hp 19/19┃AC 15┃Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9┃Per +7, low-light vision┃ Speed 25┃Athletics +4 · Herbalism +3 · Intimidate +3 · Nature +7 · Stealth +4 · Survival +7┃Focus 1/1┃Spells 1st—1/2┃Hero Points 0/1┃Active Conditions:

Sandstone gasps as Scratch falls to the cave floor. He immediately clutches his sagebrush and pinyon, thrusts it defiantly over his head, and shouts in a voice that sounds like the wind. As he does so, he remembers seeing desiccated, disjointed skeletons in his beloved desert, and projects this memory into his totem.

A warm wind suddenly blows from nowhere, smelling of sun-baked stone and sagebrush. Glowing sands, carried on the wind, blast the skeletons and settle gently on everyone's wounds.

Heal: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

◈◈◈ Heal

Some rules-lawyering here: I've drawn a circle on the map under the assumptions that "30-foot emanation" means 30-foot radius and that each grid square is 5 feet. If either of those is incorrect, please feel free to resize the circle appropriately. I'm pretty sure also that the circle has to be centered on me.

Secondly, I've attached the inspire bonus to the Heal roll on the theory that it is a damage roll to the skellingtons. Maybe the +1 bonus shouldn't apply to how much hp the living party regenerates. Either way, I think we all (except Scratch) are back to full hp, with this roll.

Finally, I think this removes Scratch's dying condition since he is now at nonzero hp.

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

"Mmm! That smell nice, Sandstone!" Loola smiles at her half-orc friend.

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0
motteditor wrote:
Party is up; don't forget you're inspired.

I immediately forgot. LOL

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I immediately forget every darn time. That's one of the things I like about 2e. Fewer buffs (and penalties) for me to forget. Emanation is close enough to radius. There's a small difference between burst and emanation, but I have to look it up every time. Hmm. Interesting question on the inspire for the heal roll. I'll look into that.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

3 people marked this as a favorite.

OK, hopefully we can get going again Monday. Samar, Tess and Teki are up.

Paizo Employee

CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --

Tess, about to run to Scratch, sees that Sandstone is on it and turns back to the skeleton, snarling. Dropping her ineffective torch, she draws her rapier and attacks.

Rapier: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

In a shocking turn of events, the rapier is ineffective, too.

Paizo Employee

| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

Samar snarls at the red skeleton and brings her axes down on its skull, hoping to shatter it completely.

Twin Takedown 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Twin Takedown 2: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 16
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

If both attacks hit, combine the damage for the purposes of weakness and resistances.

Strike 3: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 12
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Strike 4: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 11
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Twin Takedown (1A), Strike (1A), Strike (1A)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 3:

Tess: 25
Teki: 25
Sandstone: 19
Scratch: 18
Samar: 17
Loola: 11
Antagonists: 25

Tess stabs furiously with her rapier to no avail as Teki keeps up her singsong encouragement. Tess, it looks like you only have two actions there, since dropping the torch is a free action. I had you attack a second time, but it was also a miss.

A moment later, a warm, desert wind blows through the cave, reinvigorating each of you. Two of the skeletons crumble as it washes over them, while the remaining two look much the worse for wear after its passage. Tess and Loola manage to chip a few pieces of the remaining two skeletons but they stay on their feet as Teki adds to the warm wind, further healing Scratch she cast soothe; +13 hp.

The two remaining skeletons claws furiously at Samar, Tess and Sandstone, but they seem still staggered by the divine wind, and the blows barely scratch the skin, not coming close to drawing blood.

Mechanics:

Tess rapier: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 4 + 1 = 13
Piercing) damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Green Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Red Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Yellow Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Aqua Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Soothe: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Green claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Green claw: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 4 = 4
Green claw: 1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 8 = 6

Aqua claw vs. Tess: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Aqua claw vs. Sandstone: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 = 11
Aqua claw vs. Sandstone: 1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 8 = 1

Green: 6
Aqua: 17

Party up.

Paizo Employee

| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

Samar focuses on the green skeleton, determined to bring it down. "Just... die... already!" she growls between swings—looking more than a little frustrated.

Twin Takedown 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

Twin Takedown 2: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 6
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

If both attacks hit, combine the damage for the purposes of weakness and resistances.

Strike 3: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 18
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Strike 4: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 20
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Twin Takedown (1A), Strike (1A), Strike (1A)

I'm cursed!

Radiant Oath

CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

Loola telekinetically hurls another stone at the other skeleton (cyan). "Dat for hurting Scratch!"

◈◈ Cast telekinetic projectile
telekinetic projectile attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
telekinetic projectile damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

With a quick arcane word, the small blue gobling then casts a shield spell. Scales ripple all across her body.

◈ Cast shield

Loola gains +2 bonus to AC (so it is now 19) for 1 round. If she is hit for more than 5 damage on a single attack (or if multiple attacks would drop her to 0), she will use ⤾ Shield Block.

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Scratch opens his eyes, wondering why he smells both sage and goblin feet at the same time. "Oye, lucky shot that one got in." He tries to save a bit of face, almost dying to a GOBLIN of all things.

"Thanks fer keepin' me livin', prolly won't be the last time neither." He grunts, grabbing up his clan dagger, rising to his feet and bonking that blue goblin on its oversized skull.

Clan Dagger, Inspire: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15
Damage (B), Inspire: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

So retrieve weapon, stand, strike! Hopefully these guys can't make AOO's.

Paizo Employee

CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --

Tess perks up at the wind, but doesn't have time to ponder its effects for too long as she too seizes on the opportunity to send the skeletons back to their eternal rest. She ducks around the skeleton to flank with Scratch. "Happy to see you back on your feet, old man!" she teases, incredibly relieved to see the dwarf up and at 'em again.

Let me know if I need to roll my +6 acrobatics or anything to avoid an AOO, if it has one, but I'm guessing I'm OK? Also, if I can't share a square with the flavor torch on the map, I can move into flanking with Sandstone instead.

Stride, Strike, Strike

Rapier, Inspired: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Rapier, Inspired: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Verdant Wheel

CG Male Half-Orc Druid (Wild) 1┃ hp 19/19┃AC 15┃Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9┃Per +7, low-light vision┃ Speed 25┃Athletics +4 · Herbalism +3 · Intimidate +3 · Nature +7 · Stealth +4 · Survival +7┃Focus 1/1┃Spells 1st—1/2┃Hero Points 0/1┃Active Conditions:

Gritting his teeth and snarling, Sandstone throws three more punches at the cyan goblin. "Glad you're here, Scratch!" he yells amidst the fray.

Prickly Pear Punch, inspired: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage (B), inspired: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sirocco Cross, inspired: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 4 = 13
Damage (B), inspired: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sagebrush Jab, inspired: 1d20 + 5 - 8 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 8 = 11
Damage (B), inspired: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Tess, no problem sharing the space with the torch. I think you'd have to tell me if you want to roll an Acrobatics check before you move, since you wouldn't know if they have an AoO. But in this case they don't, so no worries!

Round 4:

Tess: 25
Teki: 25
Sandstone: 19
Samar: 17
Loola: 11
Scratch: 26
Antagonists: 25

Tess stabs the skeleton twice, but its hard bone seems impervious to her rapier, the point just sliding off with barely a mark as Teki continues her inspiring song. Still, her presence distracts it just barely enough that Scratch can take it down with a desperate thrust.

Sandstone's wild haymakers and Samar's axe can't find their target, though, and Loola's stone goes flying wide. Teki, seeing the group struggling, casts her second spell of the day, two bolts of magic force slamming into the tottering green-garbed skeleton. Still, it seems unfazed at the few missing ribs and continues to slash at Samar, who's easily able to fend off its blows.

Mechanics:

2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 4 = 9
1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 8 = 6

Green: 13

Party is up again; still inspired. Will dicebot let you be victorious this time? Who knows...

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

"Heh, back to yer dang hole skelly!" Scratch spits at the bones as they crumple to the floor, turning his attention to Samar's battle. He watches for a moment, figuring out just which vertebrae is cracked and ready to crumble. He steps closer and punches out with his clan dagger, not doing much. "Sonovabeech!"

Clan Dagger, Inspire: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12
Damage (B), Inspire, Precision: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + (4) = 8

Hunt Prey: Green, Guarded 5' Step, Strike!

Paizo Employee

| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

As Samar continues to miss, she growls. "What the heck is with these things?"

Twin Takedown 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Twin Takedown 2: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 7
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

If both attacks hit, combine the damage for the purposes of weakness and resistances.

Strike 3: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 12
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Strike 4: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 8
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Twin Takedown (1A), Strike (1A), Strike (1A)

"GAH! BLASTED BONES!"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Wow. Dice bot kind of hates you!

Paizo Employee

CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --

Tess moves up to the next skeleton, looking around desperately to see if there's any other situational advantage to help her friends. "Where's a convenient boulder to topple on your foes when you need it?" she mutters hopelessly.

She then batters away with her poor rapier, who did not sign up for this:

Rapier: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Flanking (P) bonus: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Rapier: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 Orig was 19-1??
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Flanking (P) bonus: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Oh no!! I edited to rewrite because I forgot I had to move, and it changed my dice rolls, which it hasn't done in the past?! The first hit was a 13 and the second was an 18. I don't recall the damage on the first one (I assumed it missed) but the second attack got a 3+3.

Radiant Oath

CG Female Goblin (Unbreakable) Sorcerer (Draconic) 1┃hp 18/18AC 17┃Fort +5 · Ref +6 · Will +4Per +2 · darkvision┃Speed 25┃ Acrobatics +6 · Absalom +4 · Arcana +4 · Deception +7 · Diplomacy +7 · Goblins +4 · Intimidation +7 · Nature +2 · Stealth +6 · Thievery +6┃ Focus 1/1Spells 1st—3/3┃Active Conditions mage armor · wounded 1Hero Points 0

Another verse, same as the first...

Loola telekinetically hurls another stone at the remaining skeleton.

◈◈ Cast telekinetic projectile, INSPIRED
telekinetic projectile attack, INSPIRED: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21
telekinetic projectile damage, INSPIRED: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11

With a quick arcane word, the small blue gobling then casts a shield spell. Scales ripple all across her body.

◈ Cast shield

Loola gains +2 bonus to AC (so it is now 19) for 1 round. If she is hit for more than 5 damage on a single attack (or if multiple attacks would drop her to 0), she will use ⤾ Shield Block.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Strange, Tess. Every once in a while I see that happen (sometimes if I have a preview up and then do another post maybe?), but definitely unusual.

Though the lack of flesh to cut continues to stymie many of your attacks, Tess manages to stick her blade through the creature's ribs, holding it in place just long enough for Loola's projectile to slam into the skull. The rest of the bones clatter to the ground, leaving you safe for the moment!

"I think we should retreat," Teki calls, backing out of the cave. I think it's not likely Hmm is going to come back, so I'm going to remove her character instead of DMPC'ing it, if no one objects.

We're still in initiative, so Sandstone is technically up. That said, the two cats aren't likely to move toward you, so you can all act as well (which means Sandstone can be quickened 3 for this round).

Paizo Employee

| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

"The fight's not over!" Samar calls back as the goblin flees.

Unable to see too far in the cave, Samar looks back at her companions and asks, "We ready to press on? Someone get the light further in there."

She waits for a light further in the cave or sight of her other enemies.

The light's not all the way in, is it? I can just see nearby? If there's light now, or is soon, she'll double move toward the nearest enemy and make it her hunted prey.

Stride, Stride, Hunt Prey. I've moved my icon in anticipation of light, but if none comes she's not going into the dark alone.

Paizo Employee

CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --

Tess can pick up the torch and go in with Samar!

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Scratch reaches up and feels his neck, the wound closed but the pain and blood loss still fresh in his mind "F@#&in' DEVIL CATS!" he mumbles as he watches Teki retreat outside.

"Wanna regroup outside the cave and get ready for another STAB at it? Or we in a rush?" He retrieves his trusty crossbow and checks on the payload.

Verdant Wheel

CG Male Half-Orc Druid (Wild) 1┃ hp 19/19┃AC 15┃Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9┃Per +7, low-light vision┃ Speed 25┃Athletics +4 · Herbalism +3 · Intimidate +3 · Nature +7 · Stealth +4 · Survival +7┃Focus 1/1┃Spells 1st—1/2┃Hero Points 0/1┃Active Conditions:

Sandstone moves forward to join Tess and Samar, blowing a fresh set of lights out of his hands to help his friends see deeper into the cave.
"I'm ready for more if you are," he growls.

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Goddess of Forgotten and Unlikely Heroes" | 820-2002 | Female Goblin Acolyte Blessed One Bard and Starstone Hopeful 7 HP 62/62 | AC 24 | F +11 R +16 W +15 | Perc +13 | 30 Speed | Focus 3/3 | Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 3/3, 4th 2/2 | Hero Points 3/3 | Campaign Coins 1 | Exploration - Scout | Active Conditions: ---

"Wait? You guys aren't retreating?" Teki thinks for a moment, and then has a realization. "I'm the goddess of unlikely heroes. Why am I having a crisis of faith?" She steps back in to join her comrades.

Projectus giganticus is done if you still want me.

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

"Well hurry up then already, times a wastin'!" Scratch waves the two goblins over as he picks his way towards the rear guard of the group, crossbow in hand.

Searching if we're out of combat. No devil cats are gonna get the jump on him!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sure, you're welcome to rejoin Teki. Glad your project is done. I'm excited to hear what it was. Sorry I had you cut and run like two days early!

Let's assume the group recollected itself right outside the cave. You would have had a chance to do a Medicine check if anyone wanted/needed, and then can go back in, where you know there are two cats. We'll restart initiative, but since I group order, let's say all the PCs are up and can give me Round 1 actions.

Vigilant Seal

Dwarven Male Gunslinger Sniper 6 HP: 76/76 | AC: 24 | F: +13 R: +14 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Hero Point: 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Exploration Mode: Stealth +14 | Active Conditions:

Once outside Scratch takes 10 minutes to make sure all is well with his throat. Geezus that was close! But mostly he just has a few sips of whiskey and curses.

Medicine DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Was hoping to remove the Wounded 1 but no dice. Onward! The ten minutes would let others do medicine or refocus if they wanted.

------

Scratch creeps forward, eyes peeled and crossbow at the ready. He scans the area for hidden foes, taking some cover behind the stone wall.

Stride, Perception vs Hidden, Take Cover for AC20

Paizo Employee

| HP: 20/20 | AC 18 | Class DC 16 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Hero Points: 1 Speed 25 ft. | Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +3 | Active Conditions: Hunt Prey (cat)

Samar heads in with her bow drawn, then looks around.

Secret Rolls:

Feel free to reroll them if you'd rather do it yourself.
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Paizo Employee

CG Human Barrister Rogue 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 | F +3 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | Init +2 | speed 30 ft.| Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: --

Tess huffs out a breath as she follows her companions. "Okay, we can do this," she mutters to her blade.

She steps up near Scratch, alert for danger, availing herself of the light while trying to stay in the shadows.

Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Hoping that Sandstone's lights are still nearby, because stealth + torch seems like a poor combo. :)

Radiant Oath

"Goddess of Forgotten and Unlikely Heroes" | 820-2002 | Female Goblin Acolyte Blessed One Bard and Starstone Hopeful 7 HP 62/62 | AC 24 | F +11 R +16 W +15 | Perc +13 | 30 Speed | Focus 3/3 | Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 3/3, 4th 2/2 | Hero Points 3/3 | Campaign Coins 1 | Exploration - Scout | Active Conditions: ---

Secret Rolls:
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Teki pulls out her bow, casting Magic Weapon on it if it looks like the group is getting close. "Let's bag the lion in its den!"

1 to 50 of 229 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's PFS2 1-14 Lions of Katapesh GD9 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.