[Outpost III] GM Zoomba's Enter the Ashen Asteroid (Inactive)

Game Master Zoomba

Map/Slides


101 to 150 of 315 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CN Dwarf Mechanic 2/Operative 1 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Well. I think restarting this thing is out of our hands either way... too much time. Too much effort. Let's go explore as we be supposed ta'... Where to next?"

Looks like our options are he doors on the other side or a long fall, er climb. :)

Dataphiles

M Human (featherlight) Mechanic 2 (SP 12/12, HP 16/16, RP 3/3; EAC 14, KAC 15; F +3, R +6, W +0; Init +7, Perc +5; [dice=Huchket rifle (experimental prototype)]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Dmg (F&P)]1d10+2[/dice]

Anybody got mysticism for those earlier spoilers? Drak?

Wayfinders

Male Lashunta(Damaya) Envoy // Init +1 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F -1 R +3 W +2 (+4 on fort for a variety of saves) // EAC 11 KAC 12 ; Stamina 6/6 HP 10/10 Resolve 4/4

Not I, I'm just a common soldier for hire.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CN Dwarf Space Pirate Mystic 3 | SP 4/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18; ACvCM 24 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | darkvision 60 ft | Spells: 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Drak will have followed Telirix up towards the Solarion Stone when he went up to investigate it. Taking specific note of the inner part of the sphere in particular, looking at it carefully. However, he is still aware of the wards being dropped, and pulls out both his hammer and laser pistol.

Mysticism (+Dwarf Bonus): 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 3 = 27

"This thing has some magic to it. I think that anyone with magical capabilities might be able to reactivate the machine, as opposed to whatever techno-shabizzle that computer showed all yall. It would take considerable time and would likely be hard to stop, taking about an hour. It would also probably be quite tiring." He scratches at his beard, before looking over towards Bubba. "I also think that our draconic friend here may be able to activate it as well, using his ties to supernatural powers."

After a moment, he also says "Oh, and some of the older enchantments on this are tied more towards Torag than Droskar."

Dataphiles

M Human (featherlight) Mechanic 2 (SP 12/12, HP 16/16, RP 3/3; EAC 14, KAC 15; F +3, R +6, W +0; Init +7, Perc +5; [dice=Huchket rifle (experimental prototype)]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Dmg (F&P)]1d10+2[/dice]

"Torag? Vanished Dwarven god? Sounds familiar," says The Specialist with a pondering look on his face. "Well, if our solarian friend Bubba can start up this Solarion Stone, thing, let's do it. Otherwise, let's keep moving. I dislike remaining in one place for too long."

All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CN Dwarf Space Pirate Mystic 3 | SP 4/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18; ACvCM 24 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | darkvision 60 ft | Spells: 3/4 | Active conditions: none

"We may still need to get the other crucible up here to have that work, but I ain't sure about that. While I know somethings 'bout magic, not too good with computers or techno-babble stuff."

"But anyway, let's see if we can get over to the door over there. We may not need to do anything here to continue on."


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

A few of you approach the device to take a better look at it while you discuss your options amongst yourselves. With a general agreement to take a look at the far door, you are just about to stride across the gangplank...

...when a rumbling sound echoes faintly from the stone wall near the eastern control room. And then louder. Suddenly the stone bursts aside as two hulking creatures emerge from it, their mouths is covered in a sturdy chitinous armor and wielding a large hammer in their two main arms, while a set of four vestigal arms dangle underneath it. Around their skulls you notice a series of crude cybernetic implants.

The two look around, with a strange malice in their eyes.

GM:
Blazin’ Bubba: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Drak Thrung: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
The Specialist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Telirix Sporestorm: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
The Freeman: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Vaal Noor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

R: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
B: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Initiative

Freeman
The Specialist
Bubba
Drak
Telirix
Vaal Noor

Blue thing
Red thing

You are all up first! (Wherever they came from clearly tired them out. Life Science and Mysticism checks might ID these things (they seem the same type of creature, but there may be something extra about them).

Acquisitives

Male CG Izalguun Tinker Mechanic 1 SP 6/6 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft or 40ft (Posture) | Drone HP 1/10 | EAC 11 KAC 14| F+2 R+0 W+0 | Speed 30ft

Now, that’s an entrance!

Mysticism: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Vaal isn't quite sure what the creatures are, but he's heard terrible stories about cybertech like the augment you're seeing. These aren't fully alive creatures at all - they've been turned into cybernetic zombies. Mindless undead forced to continue to labor after death due to the machinery animating its corpse, a cybernetic zombie also is typically built to self-destruct in an electrical burst when its body finally fails.

Life science to ID exactly what was made into a zombie. Also, you're all still up and able to act.

Dataphiles

M Human (featherlight) Mechanic 2 (SP 12/12, HP 16/16, RP 3/3; EAC 14, KAC 15; F +3, R +6, W +0; Init +7, Perc +5; [dice=Huchket rifle (experimental prototype)]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Dmg (F&P)]1d10+2[/dice]

"DRAK!" yells The Specialist. "We need some of your kick-ass up here!"

The Specialist moves up and pulls one of the frag grenades the dwarves gave the team and throws it, aiming for right between the two cyber-zombies.

"GRENADE, GUYS!"

Grenade: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Dmg (P): 1d6 ⇒ 1

"Well, s@$%. That was anti-climactic," he says after the little <pop> that the grenade made.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CN Dwarf Mechanic 2/Operative 1 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Oh, that not be good..."
life sciences: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Freeman pulls up his carbine and hits the 'special' button on it, draining a good bit of the battery. He aims at the closest one. It is way too close...
overcharged ice carbine: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
C+P damage: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (1) = 2

His drone lets fly at the same target.
pulsecaster pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
e damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Freeman then actually punches his carbine in disgust...

Hey! The tyoical dicebot rolls are back! :)

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Dragonkin Solar Disciple Solarion 1 | SP 14/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref -1; Will +3 | Init: -1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Walk, Fly 20ft | Active conditions: none

Seeing the two creatures burst through the wall, Bubba exclaims, "These two seemed to have built up a sweat. Friends, let's aid them by kooling them down! Ohhh YEAH!!!"

Bubba moves towards blue and readies an attack (with 10' reach) for when blue inevitably comes with its two hammers towards Bubba...

Someone had previously mentioned concerns about Bubba's large size causing cover penalties. So given this narrow hallway, I've moved Bubba to the side to be blue's obvious melee target but still leaving that 5' path clear for ranged line of sight attacks. Bubba readies an attack to swing when an enemy comes into range - probably blue once it moves one step westwards.

Blunt Blunt vs KAC, readied attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 d'oh!
Bluntgeoning damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Acquisitives

Male CG Izalguun Tinker Mechanic 1 SP 6/6 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft or 40ft (Posture) | Drone HP 1/10 | EAC 11 KAC 14| F+2 R+0 W+0 | Speed 30ft

As a move action, Vaal Noor grabs his needler pistol. He uses his second move action to control his drone.

Enereth-7 uses a move action to activate its Ember Agitator boost special property, and a standard action to shoot at the red zombie, failing miserably.

Ember Agitator vs. EAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Fire damage: 1d8 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + (1) = 3

Nice try, Enereth-7, next time, let’s aim for the center of his mass, shall we?

Wow, great numbers

Wayfinders

Male Lashunta(Damaya) Envoy // Init +1 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F -1 R +3 W +2 (+4 on fort for a variety of saves) // EAC 11 KAC 12 ; Stamina 6/6 HP 10/10 Resolve 4/4

Telirix spins and hustles back toward the others, drawing two grenades as he goes.

"Freeman, close the doors! Keep them bunched up."

Move as shown. Can't get 'em yet.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CN Dwarf Space Pirate Mystic 3 | SP 4/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18; ACvCM 24 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | darkvision 60 ft | Spells: 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Turning to look at the creatures that have emerged from the wall, Drak begins trundling towards the rest of the group. "Of course these things would be all the way back there."

Mysticism: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Double-moving towards the creatures.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

An unfortunately unlucky round.

Freeman recognizes the shelled insectile creatures are Trox: a subterranean species that are often used as labor – or slaves – by other races. While they have developed into a fairly peaceful society, they can break out into a reckless frenzy when an ally is injured: as happens when The Specialist’s grenade pierces through their shells.

Vaal and Freeman miss as one trox steps towards the dwarf. His drone actually does connect, but the trox seems unfazed While the cybernetic zombifictation implants make them Vulnerable to electricity, the nonlethal blast does little against the undead. It swings its hammer at the mechanic.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 = 21 for Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The other steps towards Bubba and does the same. The dragonkin’s waiting strike clangs against the stone, but the trox’s swing chips some of his scales off.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30 for Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Initiative

Freeman 11/21SP
The Specialist
Bubba 0/7 SP, 10/13 HP
Drak
Telirix
Vall Noor

Blue zombie trox 1 damage
Red zombie trox 1 damage

Acquisitives

Male CG Izalguun Tinker Mechanic 1 SP 6/6 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft or 40ft (Posture) | Drone HP 1/10 | EAC 11 KAC 14| F+2 R+0 W+0 | Speed 30ft

Wow, those technological zombies are really effective!

As a standard action, Vaal Noor uses Harrying Fire against the blue zombie, and as a move action he controls his drone:
Harrying Fire vs. AC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Enereth-7 uses a move action to activate its Ember Agitator boost special property, and a standard action to shoot at the blue zombie, doing a great job:
Ember Agitator vs. EAC: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25
Fire damage: 1d8 + 1d4 ⇒ (8) + (4) = 12
Critical Fire damage: 1d8 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + (1) = 4
Burn critical damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Nice shot, Enereth-7!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CN Dwarf Mechanic 2/Operative 1 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Telirix Sporestorm wrote:

Telirix spins and hustles back toward the others, drawing two grenades as he goes.

"Freeman, close the doors! Keep them bunched up."

Move as shown. Can't get 'em yet.

"Ouch! Good idea!"

Freeman closes the door...giving the Trox an insulting gesture while doing so...

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CN Dwarf Space Pirate Mystic 3 | SP 4/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18; ACvCM 24 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | darkvision 60 ft | Spells: 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Drak continues trundling towards the fight, but stops after a short distance to better aim his pistol. Seeing that Freeman is somewhat cornered, he aims at the large creature nearest to him.

Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage (Fire): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Firing at Red.

As a question, how far would we be able to jump in a round? I know we can jump farther due to the low gravity, but It is somewhat unclear in the specifics.

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Dragonkin Solar Disciple Solarion 1 | SP 14/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref -1; Will +3 | Init: -1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Walk, Fly 20ft | Active conditions: none

Ouch! Just checking. This is low tier, right?

Grimacing in pain, Bubba swings defensively at the blue trox!!
Blunt Blunt vs KAC, fighting defensively: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 4 = 4
Bluntgeoning damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"Will hold this guy off as long as I can... But I gotta say, bro's really messin' with my sense of peace n' calm....."
Bubba is currently at EAC 17 / KAC 19

Wayfinders

Male Lashunta(Damaya) Envoy // Init +1 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F -1 R +3 W +2 (+4 on fort for a variety of saves) // EAC 11 KAC 12 ; Stamina 6/6 HP 10/10 Resolve 4/4
Drak Thrurg wrote:

...

As a question, how far would we be able to jump in a round? I know we can jump farther due to the low gravity, but It is somewhat unclear in the specifics.

Maybe we could throw you?

Telerix continues his run toward the creatures. On the way he shouts, "Concentrate on the one near Bubba!"

And hope Freeman's door holds.

Move as shown. Get 'em v Blue. +1 to hit Blue for you all.

Dataphiles

M Human (featherlight) Mechanic 2 (SP 12/12, HP 16/16, RP 3/3; EAC 14, KAC 15; F +3, R +6, W +0; Init +7, Perc +5; [dice=Huchket rifle (experimental prototype)]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Dmg (F&P)]1d10+2[/dice]

"Grenades, people! They're in grenade formation!" yells The Specialist as he fires his semi-auto pistol.

BLAM!: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16 dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Gadget Trick: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 Trick dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Wayfinders

Male Lashunta(Damaya) Envoy // Init +1 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F -1 R +3 W +2 (+4 on fort for a variety of saves) // EAC 11 KAC 12 ; Stamina 6/6 HP 10/10 Resolve 4/4

I'd love to, but the get 'em seemed more important right now. Next turn I can do both.

Bubba, cybernetic zombies are the worst.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

You can jump 10 times as far as you normally could. So for example, if your movement is normally 30 feet, you could jump up to 300 feet in a move action (assuming you make the Athletics check. For Athletics checks, the DC would be 1/10th the distance (so if you want to jump 50 feet, the DC is 5)

Freeman seals himself off from the Trox as The rest of the party advances and attacks the trox assaulting Bubba. Drak misses, as does the dragon as he moves to protect himself, but a bullet from the specialist and a scorching hit from Vaal's drone Enereth-7. It's body heavily damaged and starting to fall apart, it takes another swing at the dragon, leaving him badly bruised at the fires upon it burn out.

Attack v KAC: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20 for Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

The other trox looks at the shut contorl room door for a moment before lumbering towards its partner - and then burrowing thorough the stone! A few moments later, it bursts out again from Bubba's left I'm sorry Bubba

Initiative

Freeman 11/21SP
The Specialist
Bubba 0/7 SP, 4/13 HP
Drak
Telirix
Vaal Noor

Blue zombie trox 22 damage (looks really hurt), Get 'Emd!
Red zombie trox 1 damage

And yes, low tier. The dice gods are unfortunately just swinging against you so far - but hopefully that means the pendulum goes the other way from here on out!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CN Dwarf Mechanic 2/Operative 1 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Freeman's drone presses the button to open the doors, he aims his overcharged weapon at (blue) the meanie nearest him...

carbine: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13
C+P damage: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (2) = 8

"Curse this weapon!"

Dataphiles

M Human (featherlight) Mechanic 2 (SP 12/12, HP 16/16, RP 3/3; EAC 14, KAC 15; F +3, R +6, W +0; Init +7, Perc +5; [dice=Huchket rifle (experimental prototype)]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Dmg (F&P)]1d10+2[/dice]

The Specialist continues to fire at the same (Blue) cyber-zombie.

BLAM!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Gadget Trick: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 Trick dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Acquisitives

Male CG Izalguun Tinker Mechanic 1 SP 6/6 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft or 40ft (Posture) | Drone HP 1/10 | EAC 11 KAC 14| F+2 R+0 W+0 | Speed 30ft

Now, let’s see if that was just a fluke, Enereth-7!

As a standard action, Vaal Noor uses Harrying Fire against the blue zombie, and as a move action he controls his drone:
Harrying Fire vs. AC 15: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Enereth-7 uses a move action to activate its Ember Agitator boost special property, and a standard action to shoot at the blue zombie.

Ember Agitator vs. EAC: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 = 22
Fire damage: 1d8 + 1d4 ⇒ (7) + (4) = 11

"Outstanding work, Enereth-7!"

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Dragonkin Solar Disciple Solarion 1 | SP 14/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref -1; Will +3 | Init: -1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Walk, Fly 20ft | Active conditions: none

No worries and no apology needed! It's all good! Was just checking.

Finding himself surrounded, Bubba attempts to hold their attention as best he can while relying on his teammates to lay down the hurt!

Bubba goes full defense and is currently at EAC 19 / KAC 21


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Freeman may be cursing his gun, but his frenzied target seems disotnerested in protection itself and the carbine shot strikes true. The trox slumps down, but the circuitry upon it flashes and bursts out in a blast of electricity.

Electrical damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 to everyone within 10 feet. So...Bubba. Reflex 11 halves it.

With the one zombie down, The Specialist and Enereth-7 are able to focus on the remaining foe. The operative is able to trick the undead but just misses with the bullet, but the drone again scorches it’s target.

Initiative

Freeman
The Specialist
Bubba, 0/7 SP, 4/13 HP, total defense,
need REFLEX
Drak
Telirix

Vaal Noor
Blue zombie trox
Red zombie trox 12 damage

Wayfinders

Male Lashunta(Damaya) Envoy // Init +1 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F -1 R +3 W +2 (+4 on fort for a variety of saves) // EAC 11 KAC 12 ; Stamina 6/6 HP 10/10 Resolve 4/4

Telirix sizes up the new tactical situation. First priority is communication. "It's behind, Bubba! Bring it down. Freeman come on out. "

He sizes up his personal options. It would take too long to draw his weapon with his hands full, and somehow loose grenades underfoot seem like a bad idea. He bowls a grenade behind the undead.

Move: get' em. +1 to hit all around
Grenade, aimed 5' behind the undead, get 'em, range: 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 - 2 = 3 ... Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CN Dwarf Space Pirate Mystic 3 | SP 4/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18; ACvCM 24 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | darkvision 60 ft | Spells: 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Drak moves up next to Bubba and the remaing zombie, bringing his hammer down towards the creatures leg.

Assault Hammer: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage (Blud): 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Dragonkin Solar Disciple Solarion 1 | SP 14/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref -1; Will +3 | Init: -1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Walk, Fly 20ft | Active conditions: none

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Bubba takes a looooong drag off the herbal cigar in his mouth... "Ohhhhh that's nice.... The sun... The stars.... It's like they're all the saaame thing maaaaannnnn.... But they're not......riiiight???"

Bubba, obviously distracted, has no chance of foreseeing the electric blast, taking the full hit!!

Hangin' on by one HP!! WOOO!!! When the time comes, if needed, Bubba's got a couple healing serums in his inventory that can be used to revive him. And d'oh! I forgot all about attunement - this is my first solarion. Mind if we retroactively say that Bubba went photon attuned when the battle started?

Wayfinders

Male Lashunta(Damaya) Envoy // Init +1 Percept +4 SenseMotive +4 // F -1 R +3 W +2 (+4 on fort for a variety of saves) // EAC 11 KAC 12 ; Stamina 6/6 HP 10/10 Resolve 4/4

Sorry, Bubba. I looked right past the damage in GMZ's last post, or I would have inspired boosted you. Next round.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Drak approaches to offer Bubba support. The trox takes a reflexive swipe at the dwarf as he gets close, but Drak's hammer cracks backwith a strong retort.

AoO: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22 for Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Telirix then tries to finish the zombie off with a grenade - but the odd gravity causes him to misjudge his toss and the explosion catches not just the undead, but Drak as well!

1 north, then clockwise: 1d8 ⇒ 8
1d4 ⇒ 1
Trox Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The shrapnel causes the undead to drop, but as it slumps, its necromantic circuitry explodes out in another electrical burst.

Electirc damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Reflex 11 for half

COMBAT OVER!!!
However...
Bubba, 0/7 SP, 1/13 HP need REFLEX
Drak 13/21 SP, need 2 REFLEXES

While the trox are both down, I think regardless of the save Bubba will drop unconscious from the second one's self-destructive burst.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CN Dwarf Mechanic 2/Operative 1 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Freeman rushes over, pulling a serum out of a pocket...

Will apply a serum of healing next round unless someone else heals him

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CN Dwarf Space Pirate Mystic 3 | SP 4/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18; ACvCM 24 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | darkvision 60 ft | Spells: 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Grenade Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Zombie Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Drak is not the most nimble person in the universe. In fact, that word has probably never been used to describe him.

Exposed to two explosive blasts, first from the grenade and then the discharge from the dying zombie, Drak is too slow to react to effectively shield himself from either of them. Turning back to face the others, his beard hairs are singed, with several pointing out at odd angles. Seeing and likely hearing Bubba fall to the ground next to him, Drak will immediately kneel next to the fallen Dragonkin. He begins channeling some of his magical power.

If everyone (mainly Bubba) is okay with it, I am thinking of casting Stabilize on Bubba, followed by using my Healing Touch ability to heal him for 13 HP. This would take 10 minutes in game, but it saves on both spell slots and consumable items. On the other hand, I could use a spell slot to cast Mystic Cure, which can heal between 5-12 HP.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Totally up to you guys to decide. Though with those two failed Reflex saves, Drak is at 0 Stamina himself (and 1 HP damage)

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Dragonkin Solar Disciple Solarion 1 | SP 14/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref -1; Will +3 | Init: -1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Walk, Fly 20ft | Active conditions: none

Yep, Bubba will go down regardless of his save roll. But just for kicks..

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

As with the electric blast from the other trox, the blast from this trox catches Bubba completely unaware, sending Bubba crashing down to the ground, unconscious!

Drak, yep, I'm fine with the stabilize and Healing Touch. Can also use my serums to restore HP if Healing Touch is needed to heal yourself. If anyone has medicine, we can also attempt treat wounds?

GM Zoomba, once Bubba is conscious, he'll spend a RP to restore SP.

Acquisitives

Male CG Izalguun Tinker Mechanic 1 SP 6/6 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft or 40ft (Posture) | Drone HP 1/10 | EAC 11 KAC 14| F+2 R+0 W+0 | Speed 30ft

My, that was thrilling! Enereth-7 performed much beyond my expectations!” Vaal Noor exchanges the battery on his drone’s weapon, and replenishes his own darts.

After you have all rested up, are we going to keep moving towards the door, get back to fixing the aeon machine, or perhaps explore where those two zombies came from? I myself would prefer to get this uncanny contraption to work, after all!

Engineering to figure out how to get the crucible back up: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CN Dwarf Mechanic 2/Operative 1 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Seeing the hurt team mates being cared for Freeman nods, "Well, we have time. If anyone wants to take a wee rest here before we move on..."


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

You’re able to take 10 minutes to recover.

As Bubba takes a well-deserved breather after being brought back to consciousness, others of you have a chance to finish your trek to the door at the cavern’s far end. Made of a dull dark metal, thousands of convoluted geometric protrusions rise out from the door’s surface. Between these protrusions various runic inscriptions wind about to create a labyrinthine trail of prose. The writing is in Dwarven. Translation added to the Slides. A holographic projector is also embedded in the door’s center; it is turned off, but examining it shows it to have very recently been projecting an image. The door itself is sealed shut, and made out of an adamantine alloy. Several wires seem to lead from the doorway up along the ceiling to drop down and connect the the Solarian Stone. In front of the sealed door, small piles of rubble have accumulated against it.

Life Science or Physical Science DC 15:
Most of this rubble appears to be spoil from a large tunneling creature that has previously burrowed to the east and west through now collapsed tunnels – perhaps a large tunneling creature similar to the two you just fought.

Engineering DC 10:
The sealed door seems quite durable, and breaking through would require either heavy explosives or weakening the door itself somehow. However, reactivating the Solarian Stone should also be able to re-power it enough for it to be unsealed.

Vaal: based on your examinations and the computer research, you see three possible ways to restart the Stone. First, with your full access to the databanks you could try to restart the dynamo using a purely technological approach. Alternately, a mystic ritual involving hammering the anvil and chanting could also work. Both of those would take around an hour. Finally, there is a chance a solarian could directly jumpstart the Stone more quickly by channeling his own force of will and cosmic control through the machine.
In all three options however, the Stone would still need to be loaded with magma from liaised crucibles

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CN Dwarf Mechanic 2/Operative 1 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Yep. A rest is worth it.. For anyone who doesn't want to use one, Freeman can make a Medicine check..

physical science: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
engineering: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

"Well. Seems we'll be starting this thing up after all..."

medicine, if needed: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Acquisitives

Male CG Izalguun Tinker Mechanic 1 SP 6/6 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft or 40ft (Posture) | Drone HP 1/10 | EAC 11 KAC 14| F+2 R+0 W+0 | Speed 30ft

Yikes, I guess we can start by at at least taking a closer look at the stuck crucible down in the lava… how strong are those chemical fire-retardant canisters? Maybe we toss them down, create a crust of frozen rock on top of the molten rock!” Vaal Noor starts trying to grab the closest chain to the catwalk.

Acquisitives

Male CG Izalguun Tinker Mechanic 1 SP 6/6 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +0 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft or 40ft (Posture) | Drone HP 1/10 | EAC 11 KAC 14| F+2 R+0 W+0 | Speed 30ft

"Ah, so it was a dark smith Ward after all, not a Dark smith ward! Nor there was a Mr. Ward who worked as a dark smith, but that was the weakest theory, after all" concludes Vaal Noor, after reading the dwarven poem.

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Dragonkin Solar Disciple Solarion 1 | SP 14/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref -1; Will +3 | Init: -1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Walk, Fly 20ft | Active conditions: none

Bubba scratches his head in confusion, shrugs his shoulders and contentedly puffs away at his herbal cigar...

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CN Dwarf Space Pirate Mystic 3 | SP 4/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18; ACvCM 24 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | darkvision 60 ft | Spells: 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Healing Touch only restores Hit Points, of which Drak is only down one. I'll go ahead and use the ability on Bubba.

After using Healing Touch on Bubba, Drak will take a rest to restore his Stamina Points.

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Dragonkin Solar Disciple Solarion 1 | SP 14/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref -1; Will +3 | Init: -1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Walk, Fly 20ft | Active conditions: none
Drak Thrurg wrote:

Healing Touch only restores Hit Points, of which Drak is only down one. I'll go ahead and use the ability on Bubba.

After using Healing Touch on Bubba, Drak will take a rest to restore his Stamina Points.

"Thank ye bud! Here, a token of my appreciation." Bubba shares a cigar with Drak.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CN Dwarf Space Pirate Mystic 3 | SP 4/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18; ACvCM 24 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | darkvision 60 ft | Spells: 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Drak takes the offered cigar and looks at it. "Of course. Ye were willin' to stand toe to toe with them zombie things, and probably saved everyone else from taken a poundin'. That makes you a worthy friend in my book." He looks at the cigar again. "As for this, I appreciate the offer. However, I haven't particularly cared for items such as this in my life. My personal vice be more liquid in nature. No offense meant. Why don't ya smoke it for me." He holds the cigar back towards Bubba. He then heads over to where the others are, having smoothed out his beard to where it is essentially back to its previous condition.

Dataphiles

M Human (featherlight) Mechanic 2 (SP 12/12, HP 16/16, RP 3/3; EAC 14, KAC 15; F +3, R +6, W +0; Init +7, Perc +5; [dice=Huchket rifle (experimental prototype)]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Dmg (F&P)]1d10+2[/dice]

"We've been in one place for too long. Let's get that crucible up here and working and then start this thing up with Bubba's solarian powers," says The Specialist. "Otherwise, that door is going to need demo charges that we don't have."

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Dragonkin Solar Disciple Solarion 1 | SP 14/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref -1; Will +3 | Init: -1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Walk, Fly 20ft | Active conditions: none

"Takes a solarion to start this baby up, eh? I'm into it... I'm ready when you're all ready!"

I assume Bubba needs to make some kind of skill check after the Stone is filled up with magma?

101 to 150 of 315 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Outpost III] GM Zoomba's Enter the Ashen Asteroid All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.