The Dire GM's [SFS] #2-10: Corporate Interests (OutPost III 2020) (Inactive)

Game Master CanisDirus

SFS PbP - Corporate Interests (Tier 3-6)

GM Notes:
Perception
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice

Initiative
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice

Corporate Interests(SFS) Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 348 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

This is the gameplay thread for #2-10: Corporate Interests (Tier 3-6) as part of OutPost III. Feel free to "dot and delete" if you are part of the game, and look for us to begin in the evening of March 30th, 2020!

Register for this table here!

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Dot

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

It was probably the slowest start to a Starfinder assignment any of you had ever gotten. You were out doing whatever you'd normally be up to on a day off aboard Absalom Station when you got a call on your personal comm units. On the other end was Venture Captain Naiaj.

"Sorry to interrupt you on a day off, but I'm afraid I need you for a rather unusual series of missions. As you may have noticed by this point in your careers as Starfinder agents, the Society has cutting-edge technology, a fleet of ships, and premier space on Absalom Station; not to mention dozens of lodges across the cosmos. We are able to afford these things in part thanks to certain agreements with corporate entities in the Pact Worlds and Near Space, occasionally performing jobs or testing on their behalf in exchange for tech or discounts...you get the picture." The bleachling gnome runs a hand through her short hair.

"I'm assigning you to a team that departs tomorrow morning. I'm giving you a dedicated shuttle and pilot to ferry you around. Your team will be visiting five corporations in the Pact Worlds, and I'll send a briefing via hologram prior to you reaching each one. Your first destination will be Matara - the Pact Worlds' sun."

Before hanging up the call, she has one last word. "This may sound like a series of milk runs...and in a way they are, but you never know if things might go bad out there. With the current media smear campaign going against us, who knows if anybody is gunning for Starfinder agents with their guard down. Treat this like any other mission, and I'll see you back at the Lorespire Complex when you're done. Your shuttle departs docking bay 94 tomorrow at 0800."

The next morning, you arrive to meet your team, and can introduce yourselves to each other!

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Just so you can read ahead a little bit...

After your introductions, your shuttle lifts off, and the message from Naiaj plays.

“Sanjaval Spaceflight Systems is one of our oldest and most important corporate associates. They provide us with a number of services ranging from starship construction to analysis of the combat data The financial arrangements we have with them are considerable. Part of our deal with Sanjaval is providing personnel to test experimental equipment. They have designed a new starship model, and I would like for you to put it through its paces. I’d like to hear your thoughts on its performance before we decide whether to put in an order.

“Again, this is one of our most important business partners. We want them to continue to work with us. Make a good impression.”

—Venture-Captain Naiaj

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

A man in heavily modified ceremonial plate armor, styled somewhat to look like what you'd see on a well-armored biker. (Picture a a modified version of what Obozaya, the vesk iconic, wears.) He walks into the cargo hold and looks around, and you see his face is heavily tattooed and pierced, including with a network of lines mimicing the digital features common to androids. But the flat affect of the android is absent, and the other features make it clear that this is a half-orc. His head is shaved, and along the center of his scalp are a series of metallic nodes, with LED lights flashing upon them. He smiles, revealing jagged metallic teeth - along with his half-orc fangs. Lights dance along these as well.

"Oy there. Flenn Cybertooth at your service. Looks like we'll all be mates for a time." He lifts up an instrument strapped to his back. "Where you want me to stow my stuff? Want to practice me jams..."

If you have a moderately decent Culture, Profession(musician), or have played 1-14:
You recognize the instrument as a koto. Specifically, it is a koto made to look identical to the one used by Bones, the white-scaled Vesk member of Strawberry Machine Cake.

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 5 | SP 40/40 HP 39/39 | RP 4/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll Not used

A very heavily armored formian (a 4 legged ant-like creature) walks in, almost daintily keeping it's legs from bumping any other person or items. It doesn't seem very heavily armed though, just a pistol on a belt across it's left side. A softly glowing blue-white orb seems to be hovering on its right shoulder.

In what almost feels like a rote prepared speach, it says telepathically. "One greets you all. Its name is Kitkul....a formian that was too independent for its clan, and was forced to leave or else be killed. One fled in order to stay alive. and hearing all about how accepting the Starfinder Society is to all intelligent creatures that want to work together, One decided to join. One has accepted all Starfinder members as its clan, and will do its utmost best to protect you all."

With that, it bows, and speaks in passably good common, though a bit more haltening, "...I....greet you all. One...no, I...hope that we all can do this apparently menial job that Naiaj thinks needs a full complement of Starfinders. I want to tell you that 'I' attempt to use the personal pronoun, but it is tough. Especially since I just got back from the Hives in Castrovel from a mission. Being bombarded with all the communalism of the hives....was intense. Please, do not be alarmed or affronted with the use of 'oneself' or 'one' if I use it."

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

HK is a very old android, clearly made before they gave them synthetic bioskin. It looks like more like a robot than an humanoid.
It wears a rusty, old rustic heavy armor but the two longarm, it has on its back are pristine.

Its mechanical eyes looks at each life form in front of it and states in a monotonous mechanical voice.

Joyful statement : Greetings. I'm HK-45-2, protocol droid at your service. You can call me HK.
Informative statement : I know several languages from Old Golarion. I have updated my core memory with Jinsul to be able to great them in their own language.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG ysoki priest soldier 4/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 34/34 HP 38/38 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +7, Diplomacy +6 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +10, Medicine +6, Mysticism +9, Piloting +9, Survival +3 * w/o armor
The Dire GM wrote:
“Again, this is one of our most important business partners. We want them to continue to work with us. Make a good impression.”

"I pledge to uphold the honor and integrity of the Society and see our endeavor completed to satisfaction.." replies a white-furred ysoki rising to his feet in response. He is adorned in a newly-fitted suit of ash dendron armor, which despite its organic, tree-like composition, has been decorated with a sun-themed motif. At his side is slung a rune-etched dueling blade that gives off a slight hum.

Addressing his fellow agents assembled before him, he announces,
"My name is Rozzicheep Bernnshaw, servant of Sarenrae and devotee of the Dawnflower. And though I have had opportunity to work alongside the one self-designated as HunterKiller 42-5, I do not believe that I have had the pleasure of doing so among the rest of you."

"My charge, which is to bring the goddess' radiance to the ends of the galaxy, has prompted my friends to refer to me as 'Lightfoot' and I pray that, soon, I will be able to count each of you among them."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Null Android Technomancer 5 | KAC 18 EAC 18 | HP 29/29 SP 30/30 RP 7/7 | F +2 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Resist Fire, Cold 5 | Init +7 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(6/6);L2(4/4) | Status: -none-

A bubbly human girl prances onto the shuttle after Lightfoot, lowering a wireless headset to loop around her neck. Her long turquoise ringlets trail behind her like a cascading waterfall. She waves energetically at each of the other Starfinders, an open smile on her face. "Hey there! Nice to meet everyone!~ I'm Lynn, Starfinder and idol, all in one. Though I guess corporate outreach isn't quite what I imagined I'd be doing as a Starfinder." She giggles as she steps to take a seat in the shuttle's passenger area.

As she moves, her glittering silver and cherry red gown ripples and shimmers with a life of its own. The gown's surface seems radiant, glowing and glittering from within, bright enough that it seems to bring the entire shuttle interior into clarity. She settles into a seat with her gown flickering around her, trailing off holographic ribbons. There's no sign of any weapons or armor, though she does have a small pack. All in all, the outfit looks tremendously impractical for adventuring.

Perception DC15; set by Lynn's take 10 disguise:
Though Lynn appears human at first glance, upon closer inspection you can make out a slight glow emitting from the back of her neck. Although some care has been taken to hide it with makeup, the shine of glowing circuitry manages to come through.

Culture DC10, or DC5 per people with Theme Knowledge regarding music/entertainment:
You've either heard of Lynn's name or seen her before on Absalom Station's infosphere. If you recall correctly, she's a singer and vid personality that styles herself as an idol. After a stint on Zo!'s Live Exploration Extreme, she broke out into larger cultural awareness on Absalom Station. Her latest single, Moon River, is currently rapidly climbing view counts on the Station's infosphere.

"Oh Flenn, that's quite the koto!~ You play? We should do a performance together on the way over." She beams at the half-orc "Do you know SMC's Drift Driver?"

After she sorts things out with Flenn, she asks Kitkul "Why would I ever be alarmed? I think oneself sounds just fine." She turns to HK "Hi again HK! You're looking a lot rustier. Did you ever come across any more of those zombies? Sometimes I worry we missed a few."

To Lightfoot she adds "So nice to meet you Lightfoot! That's a zetta admirable goal. I bet some of the corps we're visiting could definitely use a touch of Sarenrae's niceness." She winks at the ysoki.

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

Cheering voice : I think I have tracked and burned all of them. responds in a flat mechanical voice HK to Lynn

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Julakesh will obviously be with you on board prior to departure, but since this next bit is a Game of Thrones-sized wall of text, I figure it might be better to just post it now.

1d6 ⇒ 2 days after departing, you arrive at Lucent Shipyards, in the Sun’s Burning Archipelago. Once you disembark, a vibrantly colored dragonkin dressed in a smart, business casual suit greets you.

“Hello, Starfinders! Welcome to the Burning Archipelago! My name is Akrodo. I manage your organization’s account here at Sanjaval. We’re all very excited about the ship you’ll be flying today! Our analysis of the combat data the Society sent us has been interesting, and we think you will be quite pleased with what we have designed.

Now, if you’ll follow me, please.”

Akrodo will lead you through the station making pleasant small talk, until reaching a viewport. "Let me be the first to introduce you to...the Remorhaz!"

After letting you take in the vessel for a bit, the dragonkin will lead you towards an embarkation ramp.

“Our analysis of many of the Starfinder Society’s armed conflicts suggested a very clear pattern: most starships try to get behind the enemy as most are more lightly armed in the aft. We have designed the Remorhaz to appear to share armament design and layout with most other vessels, but most of the forward facing equipment are dummies. Not all mind you, there are some live weapons fore. However, the ship’s heaviest armament is in the rear. So you WANT the enemy to try to get behind you!”

Akrodo then leads you on a tour of the ship’s interior, from engineering to crew quarters and finally to the bridge.

“This is main engineering. Access to the engines and the power core is here. From these consoles you will be able to divert power between systems and affect any necessary repairs. This specification manual covers all of the power needs and regulations. I understand that Society engineers have a propensity for overclocking power to various systems. Please keep in mind that doing so voids the warranty.”

On the bridge, Akrodo moves around as he discusses each of the consoles.

“This is the science station. From this computer bank your science officer has full access to the ship’s computer and sensor suite. Running scans; detecting, studying, and navigating hazards; and analyzing other ships and creatures can all be done from here. Shield adjustments are also done here.

“This is the gunnery station. This console controls all of the ship’s weaponry. All weapons can be controlled from this single console, or dispersed out among any combination of these consoles. So one person can control them if necessary, but there remains easy access for multiple gunners.

“Here is the ship’s helm. The ship’s computer system can aid in several tasks when needed, and as such we have designed the helm to allow for some computer assistance but also to allow a pilot to spread their wings, as it were. Your combat data suggests that Society pilots enjoy a more… aggressive piloting stance.

“And this is the big chair! It’s positioned centrally so the captain has quick and unimpeded line of sight and access to all the other stations. Intercom, tactical readouts, everything a captain needs to make the split second decisions they’ll be making is all right here in the arm rests.“

At this juncture, Akrodo will leave you to spend an hour or two walking through and examining the vessel while he gets the test flight ready to go from mission control.

The statistics for your Remorhaz ship can be found HERE. At this time, please figure out your starship crew roles. Once you're all set, we will begin! :)

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Vesk Solarian Starfarer 4 | SP: 32/32, HP: 34/34, RP:5/5 | EAC: 13, KAC: 14, CMD: 22 | Init +0, F:+5, R: +1, W:+4 | Acrobatics +5, Athletics: +9, Bluff/Dip: +3, Intimidate: +9, Perc: +4, Piloting +4, SM: +0, Survival +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Attunement: Graviton: 0/3, Photon 0/3 | Active Conditions: None

A fierce looking vesk with horns circling the top of her head like a spiked crown stalks into the room. Her scales are a mix of mottled black that never reflects light and bright white that almost seems to glow. She is well muscled and just under seven feet tall. Clearly a warrior! Curiously, the only weapon she seems to bear is a small laser pistol. On her back is a simple backpack, and attached to her belt are a wide array of healing serums. A glowing orb of bright white light orbits her head, following her wherever she goes.

With a wide, reptilian smile, the vesk stalks forward. "Greetings! I am Julakesh Starfist, a LEGEND among Starfinders!" Her white scales seem to glow with pride. "The honour is YOURS!"

She looks around at the other Starfinders, then places her hands on her hips. "You look at least half-competent! Good! If you're a quarter as capable as I am we'll be a formidable team!"

Apparently she considers this a compliment.

Seeing the half-orc and his koto, Julakesh grins. "A-HAH! A-HAH! A fellow fan!" She claps him hard on his back. "Can you play 'Sparkleshine Lovepunch?' It's my favourite Strawberry Machine Cake song! Go on! Play!"

If Flenn plays:

Julakesh growls, and pumps her fist. "YES!" She dances around wildly, thrashing her head around as if she was at an Eoxian death-metal concert, instead of dancing to a bouncy sugar-pop song.

"YES! Well done, my kin-in-arms!"

Julakesh approaches HK, cocking her head in curiosity. "Are you a 'puter or a droid?" She pokes HK, then grins. "AH! Android! Yes, this I understand! A-HAH! A-HAH!" She looks rather proud to have figured HK out.

Looking at Lightfoot, Julakesh nods dismissively. "Yes, yes, little one. You may bask in my glory! Enjoy!"

---

Upon Arrival, Julakesh examines the starship, then nods her head. "Looks good, Akrodo! But, it needs bigger guns!" Julakesh walks through the starship, examining at consoles and panels with an incredibly confused look on her face. Finally she reaches the engine room. "A-HAH! This I know!" She grabs a hunk of random metal and gives it a pat. "This is what I punch to make the ship go faster! A-HAH! A-HAH! Yes!"

Julakesh will be Chief Mate. Unless someone else wants to, then she'll be a bad gunner. gunner.

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 4/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 34/34 HP 38/38 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +7, Diplomacy +6 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +10, Medicine +6, Mysticism +9, Piloting +9, Survival +3 * w/o armor

"Lightfoot" straps himself into the piloting chair at the helm and surveys the console and flight controls to check their responsiveness.

"Ready to depart, brave Starfinders!" he declares.

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 5 | KAC 18 EAC 18 | HP 29/29 SP 30/30 RP 7/7 | F +2 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Resist Fire, Cold 5 | Init +7 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(6/6);L2(4/4) | Status: -none-

Lynn follows along with the Sanjaval rep, oohing and aahing at the various fancy (or not so fancy) features of the Remorhaz. "It's zetta nice. But it seems awfully focused on shooting things. What do you have planned for us for the test flight?"

Once on the ship, she heads for the engineering and science areas and decides to settle for the science equipment first. "Alright! Ready to go Lightfoot!" She pumps a fist in the air.

(I'll start sci officer and then switch to extra gunner if needed. This ship really has a lot of guns, and shooting inaccurately is better than not shooting at all. Unfortunately, we have no one at 6th level, so no one can broadside yet.)

Wayfinders

Female Vesk Solarian Starfarer 4 | SP: 32/32, HP: 34/34, RP:5/5 | EAC: 13, KAC: 14, CMD: 22 | Init +0, F:+5, R: +1, W:+4 | Acrobatics +5, Athletics: +9, Bluff/Dip: +3, Intimidate: +9, Perc: +4, Piloting +4, SM: +0, Survival +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Attunement: Graviton: 0/3, Photon 0/3 | Active Conditions: None

And I just looked at the starship stats. Julakesh is in heaven with all this firepower. She'll claim a gunner spot instead.

Julakesh is quickly distracted by the many, many, many, wonderful guns! She picks a gunner's seat and settles in. "YES!" she bellows.

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn shrugs at the song requests. "I can give it a go ... More into Bones' solo work, though. Stand back, if y' would, cause I'm still tryin' to fine tune this thing. It's actually a sonic rifle ... but I'm thinking with some tweaks, I can play a song on it."

Profession(musician): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Flenn clearly has only recently learned this "instrument," but does a decent job playing some music on his sonic rifle. He repairs any damage to the cargo hold in the two days it takes to arrive.

Once shown onto the ship, he takes a science station, positioned so he can switch over to help out at engineering easily if needed.

Exo-Guardians

Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 5 | SP 40/40 HP 39/39 | RP 4/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll Not used

Kitkul listens to the sounds of the drums. The music is eerily similar to some of the music from the Hive. It shakes its head to keep the memories coming back.

Seeing Julakesh running to the gunner spot like a kid let loose in a toy store, Kitkul just stands in the middle...ready to be a chief mate in any of the three area's it knows it might be able to help.

Chief Mate. Unless we get into something sticky, assume Kitkul will help as a chief mate with science for the first round, then switch to helping as a chief mate in engineering or piloting (if we need a hard turn or something). Chief mate is probably going to be the hardest to do in a pbp. Finally if it isn't a big threat (or if Julakesh is firing and missing more than hiting), Kitkul will go to gunner to help out.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

The koto is actually a stringed instrument, sort of like a mix of a harp and a guitar. (I had to look it up.) I forget who the SMC drummer is, but I think Bones is more like the bass player.

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

Sarcastic tone : Meatbowl are funny. says HK after Julakesh statement about its nature.

Once inside the ship HK says in his flat voice.

neutral tone : I can be another gunner or be the captain. As a protocol droid I know all the basic command for a ship. I will not be able to interfere with the adverse crew however.

I can help any one at his post, having all the skill to help.
I just can't use intimidation against the adverse crew (or with little success)

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |
LINE-04 "Lynn" wrote:
Lynn follows along with the Sanjaval rep, oohing and aahing at the various fancy (or not so fancy) features of the Remorhaz. "It's zetta nice. But it seems awfully focused on shooting things. What do you have planned for us for the test flight?"

Akrodo gives a pleasant but mischievous grin. "We have numerous shuttle-sized drones that we use for security around the station. Several of them are also fitted up with tight-beam lights that function as simulated lasers. We've also equipped this Remorhaz with simulated lasers, too. Once you're settled, you're going to fly a mock-combat against the drone - put the ship through its paces, if you will. I'll be monitoring things from mission control along with our engineering team. We'll be asking you questions during the fight and maybe asking you to try some unusual maneuvers or stunts to see how well she handles!" The dragonkin account manager seems genuinely excited to see Starfinders take the ship out!

-----

After you launch, Akrodo establishes an open comm link to all of your stations. "The idea behind this test is for you to pretend to run from the drone, then to catch the enemy off-guard with your aft-weapons when they try to pursue. That's the programming we uploaded to the shuttle that's approaching you now. That said, you're experienced Starfinder agents - you should execute this mock combat in whatever way feels best to you. Sanjaval will use that data to help refine the ship."

Starship combat post and map coming soon.

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 5 | KAC 18 EAC 18 | HP 29/29 SP 30/30 RP 7/7 | F +2 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Resist Fire, Cold 5 | Init +7 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(6/6);L2(4/4) | Status: -none-

Lynn looks over at Julakesh. "Sorry Julie, no live fire this time... But that doesn't mean you can't have fun shooting at the drones, right?"

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

slight delay on account of (non triaxian) cat issues, but I'll have things up shortly, promise!

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Ship Spacing: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 4, 1) + 5 = 16
Remorhaz Random Facing: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Drone Random Facing: 1d6 ⇒ 5

You bring the Remorhaz into the test area and find a red shuttle/security craft waiting for you. Your simulated lasers are online in lieu of your standard weaponry (but in all the normal arcs), and neither vessel is currently operating with shields.

STARSHIP COMBAT!

ROUND 1 - Starfield Map is Updated
Remorhaz: 0 Simulated Damage (Yellow ship)
Drone: 0 Simulated Damage (Red ship)

GM Screen:

Piloting Inititive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Piloting Stunt: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
Gunnery: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Your crew can now act!

Notes on how I like to run PbP starship combat are on the discussion tab!

Note to gunners: During simulated combat, you won't have to worry about damage, but *do* roll for critical hits!

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn frowns at the console. "Well, we aren't actually trying to escape this thing, and damage doesn't matter ... so not sure what exactly to divert power to. Guess I'll divert to speed anyway, since it is a 'chase.' Run this thing's engines through its paces."

Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Exo-Guardians

Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 5 | SP 40/40 HP 39/39 | RP 4/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll Not used

Kitkul looks around for something to do. Seeing that the engines seems to be fine, it decides to help Lightfoot.

Going over to one of the panels near the pilot, it pulls the panel off...looking at all the wires, it decides to rewire it somewhat.

Athletics to assist in a hard turn (DC should be 16): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

And apparently not doing much....
At least I didn't fail by 10 or more....

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

Commanding Tone : Gunners, be ready to shoot at my mark.
Questioning Tone Ready.
Countdown Tone 1. 2. 3.
Tremendous Tone : Fire.

Captain Action (Gunnery):
Gunnery aid check DC10: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
If DC is reach, +2 to all gunnery check for the round

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn chuckles at Kitkul. "Well, so much for that warranty ..."

Exo-Guardians

Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 5 | SP 40/40 HP 39/39 | RP 4/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll Not used

Kitkul cocks its head (like how an owl does) and looks towards Flenn. "On...I might be wrong, but didn't the fine salesman tell us to 'put it through its paces'? I know that if this was a real combat, I would be doing this....so what is the difference?"

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 5 | KAC 18 EAC 18 | HP 29/29 SP 30/30 RP 7/7 | F +2 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Resist Fire, Cold 5 | Init +7 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(6/6);L2(4/4) | Status: -none-

"Hey HK! Do you want to take a gun too? If you're half as good with the starship guns as you were out in the streets, we'll REALLY impress these guys." As Lynn makes her suggestion, she starts running the ship's sensors through their paces.

"Wow, Mark 2 Tetranode~ Fancy."

She runs an investigative scan on the drone, just to try things out.

Spoiler:
Computers to scan; +2 from sensors, -2 from range: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

"Oh, this interface is really weird."

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

Neutral tone : I could.

HK changes seat and takes command of the ship's weapons.

Gunner Phase (action gunner):

Gunnery check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 4/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 34/34 HP 38/38 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +7, Diplomacy +6 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +10, Medicine +6, Mysticism +9, Piloting +9, Survival +3 * w/o armor

"Hang on, my intrepid allies!" suggests Lightfoot as he attempts to get the jump on the drone starship and bring the ship around evasively.

Pilot:

Pilot Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Pilot to Evade(DC 10 + 1.5 x Tier = DC 19): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

My Roll20 game took about 1 hour longer than expected tonight - sorry for the delay on my end.

Also, Unfortunately I may not have been as clear that your ship is the one in yellow, so I'll adjust the map accordingly and then post the results of the round in a few minutes.

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Flenn sends extra power to engines as Kitkul starts to figure out how this new ship is wired. Lightfoot pulls a hard evasive turn after seeing the security shuttle stop on a dime and come right for you. Lynn is close enough following the piloting maneuvers to get a decent scan without range penalties, and learns the following info:

-----
Security Drone: Small shuttle (0 Crew complement: automated)
Speed 10; Maneuverability perfect (turn 0)
AC 15; TL 14
HP 40; DT —;
Shields medium 120 (forward 30, port 30, starboard 30, aft 30) - Currently inactive

-----

The scan was not complete enough to get any other data, however.

HK fires the simulated weapons and scores a hit! This registers on your screens as a little "bloop" and a blue light appearing on the mission control console that Akrodo is watching from. The security drone also fires, but its shot goes rather wide.

"You've scored the first point, Starfinders." Akrodo says with a smile, holding out a hand to the side as a scientist off-screen hands the dragonkin a credstick, apparently having lost some sort of bet. "I never doubted your abilities for a second! How's she handling so far? Let's keep this up for another minute or two, then we'll see about adding some things to the mix, shall we?"

STARSHIP COMBAT!

ROUND 2 - Starfield Map is Updated
Remorhaz: 0 Simulated Damage (Yellow ship)
Drone: 1 Simulated Damage (Red ship)

GM Screen:
Piloting Initiative: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Piloting Stunt: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 (DC 17/22)
Gunnery: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 (AC/TL 18/20)

Your crew can now act!

Your GM has decided that you no longer need to put your rolls behind spoilers. It was a decent idea once, but I'm not 100% sure what I was thinking when I came up with that. Also don't forget that your ship has a mk2 tetranode computer (+2 to any four checks per round - yes it's four, not three). Normally I let the Captain pick, but since we're at five players, you should all decide amongst you who gets them!

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

Pilot! and Gunner

Gunnery Phase
Still in command of the starship weapons HK fires their best weapon against the drone.

Gunnery Check: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30 reduce by 2 if no bonus check

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

You know, since we started I've felt like there was something missing (other than half of my brain), and it just hit me - the game soundtrack! For 95% of my SFS games in person, I have music. For pbp, it's purely optional, but since I have it available to share...why not?!

Track 01 - Pre-Game / Introductions - The Division OST - Prologue

Track 02 - Intermission / Briefing Ambient - The Division Gamerip - 108

and the current (numbering only indicates the order the missions appear in the scenario, not the order I'm running them in) track:

Track 09 - Sanjaval Test Flight - Die Hard 1 OST - Assault on the Tower

Enjoy!

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn continues sending power into the engine. The metallic nodes along his scalp flash as his exocortex helps him calculate optimized power matrix configurations.

Engineering(Divert to Engines): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Exo-Guardians

Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 5 | SP 40/40 HP 39/39 | RP 4/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll Not used

Phase: Helm
Role: Chief Mate
Action: Will attempt (again) to rewire the thrusters to allow a harder turn if the Pilot needs it.
Chief Mate (DC 16): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

"Ahh...one sees the problem, they have rewired the auxiliary thrusters with the cyan wire, not the green one like all the rest of our ships. Everybody brace yourselves, Lightfoot might be causing the ship to turn FAST."

Lightfoot, for one turn you can assume we can turn as if we had 'turn 1' instead of 'turn 2' when making the turn. Though just for a single turn in a full move, not the whole round

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 4/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 34/34 HP 38/38 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +7, Diplomacy +6 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +10, Medicine +6, Mysticism +9, Piloting +9, Survival +3 * w/o armor

"I must concede that I am finding the responsiveness of the controls a bit slow and the navigational displays are not intuitive." reports Lightfoot as he attempts to stay out ahead of the drone. "Nonetheless, I believe that I am getting the hang of it."

Pilot Initiative with +1 Piloting bonus: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27

He then attempts to position the ship, to bring the rear guns to bear.
Pilot to Evade(DC 10 + 1.5 x Tier = DC 19) with one +2 bonus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27

I have put on the map a yellow, dotted flightpath if the Starfinders go first.

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 5 | KAC 18 EAC 18 | HP 29/29 SP 30/30 RP 7/7 | F +2 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Resist Fire, Cold 5 | Init +7 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(6/6);L2(4/4) | Status: -none-

Lynn continues playing with the scanners in hopes of getting a little more than just the bare essentials out of the test drone.

Scan w/ tetranode: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 = 30

"Yep, just takes a little getting used to."

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Flenn once again boosts your engines as Kitkul cross-wires the Remorhaz's thrust-vector circuits. Lightfoot wins the initiative over the drone - seeing it come directly at you while juking and weaving evasively, he wheels your craft around to present its rear. Lynn, having a desire to learn more, probes the drone one more time, and detects something disturbing!

Major kudos, Lynn - this is the first time I've run this where someone has scanned to get more than just basic info, or even scanned at all! :P

-----
Security Drone: Small shuttle (0 Crew complement: automated) - 150 PCU (Mike forgot this last time)
Speed 10; Maneuverability perfect (turn 0)
AC 15; TL 14
HP 40; DT —;
Shields medium 120 (forward 30, port 30, starboard 30, aft 30) -
**Currently Active**
Attack (Forward) light plasma cannon (2d12; 5 hexes), high explosive missile launcher (4d8; 20 hexes)
Attack (Turret) tactical nuclear missile launcher (5d8; 10 hexes, irradiate)

-----

HK scores a critical hit with the simulated firearms on the drone, causing two more blue lights to pop up on your consoles.

But then, suddenly...

Tactical Nuclear Missile Launcher Damage: 5d8 ⇒ (3, 4, 6, 2, 3) = 18
Critical Hit: 1d100 ⇒ 25 - Sensors
Irradiate: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Your ship shakes violently from a real weapons impact! The lights flicker and radiological alarms blare throughout the Remorhaz! The comms channel with Akrodo bursts with static. As the static clears Akrodo’s frantic voice comes through, “That was live ammunition! It shouldn’t even have live ammunition aboard! It’s not responding to our commands! You can switch to live ammunition by…” A secondary explosion shakes the ship, and the comms flood with static once more before winking out entirely!

Soundtrack: Track 10 - Sanjaval Fight for Survival - The Division OST - Precinct Siege

Engineer! This round (and during future rounds if you fail), you can make a special version of the "divert" action to bring your real weapons online!
Scince Officer! This round (and during future rounds if you fail), you can make a special version of the "balance" action to bring your shields online!

Everyone please give me a Fortitude Save (including our new arrival)!

STARSHIP COMBAT!

ROUND 2 - Starfield Map is Updated
Remorhaz: 18 Damage (Yellow ship) Shields Inactive (0/0/0/0)
CRITICAL DAMAGE: Sensors Glitching (Science Officer -2)

Drone: 0 Damage (Red ship) Shields 120 (30/30/30/30)
Shield format: Total (Forward/Port/Starboard/Aft)

Lightfoot - I might shift both ships towards the middle of the map to give us both more room next round. If you need/want me to before your turn, just poke me.

GM Screen:
Piloting Initiative: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Piloting Stunt: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33 (DC 17/22)
Gunnery: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 (AC/TL 18/20) CT 17
Gunnery: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 (AC/TL 18/20) CT 17
(Both attacks -4 if Fire-at-will)

Your crew can now act!

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

"Sheesh ... These guys sure take warranty violations seriously ..."

Engineering divert actions to bring real weapons online. I will be using one of the +2's from the computer.
Engineer: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 2 = 29

"There you go ... That little guy's gonna shoot live fire at us, only fair ..."

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Flenn succeeds - Remorhaz weapon systems are online!

(Fort save please, Flenn?)

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Exo-Guardians

Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 5 | SP 40/40 HP 39/39 | RP 4/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll Not used

"One is sure it isn't it's fault."

With that, Kitkul does its best to help by letting Lightfoot turn better.

Phase: Helm
Role: Chief Mate
Action: Will attempt (again) to rewire the thrusters to allow a harder turn if the Pilot needs it.....because we likely do need it.
Chief Mate (DC 16): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

Annoyed tone: I wasn't expecting that.
Commanding tone: we need our shield back.
Confident tone: I will destroy the target.

He targets the enemy's ship and activate the torpedo plasma.
Gunnery Check: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13 and now I roll crap...
Damages: 5d10 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 7, 7) = 27

Wayfinders

| ES () | SP 35/35 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 21 KAC 22 | Fort +5 Ref +10 Will +4 | Init +6 Perception +12; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive () | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 5

Ty for the idea on how to show up GM!

Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

A young human in her early twenties with bright red hair runs onto the bridge as the ship shakes from the impact. Her flightsuit is unzipped to her waist with the arms tied there like a makeshift belt below her crop top. The suit, top, and her whole upper body are covered in little smudge marks here and there like she just got done working on an engine.

"What the hell? Naiaj sent me ahead to crawl around in the engine. She didn't say anything about fighting...and did we just get nuked?!"

Seeing the situation on the bridge she'll jump into a gunner's chair next to HunterKiller with a wink. "Mind if I join you?"

She'll attempt to fire using the light plasma torpedo launcher!

Light plasma torpedo : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 7, 4) = 16

I love being pilot but frankly I love all starship combat so I can be in whatever role you all want me!

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

No problem.

I still need Fortitude saves vs. Radiation from everyone except Flenn and Kaylee (it is a poison effect so relevant bonuses do apply).

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 4/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 34/34 HP 38/38 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +7, Diplomacy +6 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +10, Medicine +6, Mysticism +9, Piloting +9, Survival +3 * w/o armor

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Pilot Initiative with +1 Piloting bonus: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 = 29

I suspect drone moves first?

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 5 | KAC 18 EAC 18 | HP 29/29 SP 30/30 RP 7/7 | F +2 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Resist Fire, Cold 5 | Init +7 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(6/6);L2(4/4) | Status: -none-

I thought we don't need Fort saves since Tactical Nuclear Missiles have low radiation, which is fully blocked by even level 1 armor.

Lynn's rocked to the side in the seat, but somehow manages to make it look like she's having a fun time regardless. When Kaylee shows up, she calls "Hey there! We're just finding out that someone's trying to get us killed! Happy to have you on another gun. We're gonna need it!"

While she chats, she rapidly taps at her console to get the shields back online.
Special Balance w/ +2 from tetranode: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 = 29

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Radiation is only blocked or mitigated by active environmental protections on armor, which most people don't have active 24/7. Plus, starship-sized nuclear weapons ignore all shields and ship armor with the irradiate property, so I'm not even sure personal armor seals would stop a tactical nuclear weapon anyway.

Lightfoot - the drone will move first. I'll get to that after dinner.

1 to 50 of 348 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dire GM's [SFS] #2-10: Corporate Interests (OutPost III 2020) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.