The Dire GM's [SFS] #2-10: Corporate Interests (OutPost III 2020) (Inactive)

Game Master CanisDirus

SFS PbP - Corporate Interests (Tier 3-6)

GM Notes:
Perception
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice

Initiative
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice

Corporate Interests(SFS) Maps & Handouts


51 to 100 of 348 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep, +4 vs radiation (with armor)

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 5 | KAC 18 EAC 18 | HP 29/29 SP 30/30 RP 7/7 | F +2 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Resist Fire, Cold 5 | Init +7 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(6/6);L2(4/4) | Status: -none-

Ah ok. I tend to assume PCs turn their armor protections on for Starship Combat due to the risk of unexpected depressurization. Regardless, lets see how this looks...

Fort vs. radiation: 1d20 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 4 + 2 = 10

Ouch

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Ya know, despite being a huge fan of hard sci fi, especially shows that portray that exact sort of thing like Babylon 5 (anything smaller than a capital ship) and the Battlestar Galactica remake (ibid), doing that in sfs never occurred to me. I'll allow it. In fact, since these are technically quests...at Gen Con 2018, Paizo honored me with a campaign service coin. My favorite thing about the coins is that they can be used to give any player at the recipient's table a reroll with the full benefit of the coin-holder's novas...

Lynn reroll: 1d20 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 22

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Lightfoot - I've moved the drone and shown its front arc. I like to use the little star callouts to show start-position (looks neat and also is less clutter). This is part of why I gave the piloting examples that I did in the discussion tab, so that neither of us have to wait on the other one :P

Exo-Guardians

Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 5 | SP 40/40 HP 39/39 | RP 4/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll Not used

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 4/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 34/34 HP 38/38 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +7, Diplomacy +6 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +10, Medicine +6, Mysticism +9, Piloting +9, Survival +3 * w/o armor

"Were we not short-handed on gunners, I may well attempt to keep us at short range. As it is, however, I think it best to put some distance between us and our attaacker." notes Lightfoot

The ysoki executes a series of evasive manuevers.
Pilot to Evade(DC 19) with one +2 bonus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20

Map updated

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 5 | KAC 18 EAC 18 | HP 29/29 SP 30/30 RP 7/7 | F +2 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Resist Fire, Cold 5 | Init +7 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(6/6);L2(4/4) | Status: -none-

Thanks Dire :D

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Something I forgot to mention - Saturday night through Monday night is super hectic and busy for me, so I'll almost never have time to do GM posts during that unless it's amazingly short. Apologies in advance for those delays.

Flenn brings the weapon systems online as Kitkul lends more thrust-vector play to the pilot. Lynn raises the shields to full power as Kaylee comes staggering out from the bowels of the ship just in time for Lightfoot to enact evasive maneuvers, pulling the Remorhaz out in front of the shuttle's main weapons.

Nobody on board feels any ill-effects of radiation so far, although it will linger for another round.

HK's heavy torpedo misses, but Kaylee's light torpedo finds its mark, weakening the shuttle's forward shields!

Only because of Lightfoot's flying, both of the shuttle's missiles miss you ship, the second tactical nuclear warhead actually deflecting against your shields!

Everyone please give me one last DC 13 Fortitude Save!
(And as per the discussion tab let everyone know if anyone's going to swap roles now that you're back at a full crew!)

STARSHIP COMBAT!

ROUND 3 - Starfield Map is Updated
Remorhaz: 18 Damage (Yellow ship) Shields Max 100 (25/25/25/25)
CRITICAL DAMAGE: Sensors Glitching (Science Officer -2)

Drone: 0 Damage (Red ship) Shields Max 120 (14/30/30/30)

GM Screen:
Piloting Initiative: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Piloting Stunt: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 (DC 17/22)
Gunnery: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 (AC/TL 18/20) CT 17
Gunnery: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 (AC/TL 18/20) CT 17
(Both attacks -4 if Fire-at-will)

Your crew can now act!
Track 10 - Sanjaval Fight for Survival - The Division OST - Precinct Siege

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Flenn's nodes begin flashing with light as he begins processing repair algorithms. "Alright, gonna reboot the main sensor array. You'll be kicked onto the secondary array for a second, but it should be barely noticeable ..."

Patch - target DC 19

Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

"There you go ... sensors should be workin' now."

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep, +4 vs radiation (with armor)

Evident Tone: I give you command of the heavy launcher and will use the lesser one.
Says HK to Kaylee as it gaves to her the commands of aft's heavy armament.

Gunnery Phase
Then it takes command of the turret and shoots.
Gunner Check: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28
Damages (light plasma torpedo): 3d8 ⇒ (3, 6, 1) = 10 if we can reroll the "1" reroll 1: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 4/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 34/34 HP 38/38 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +7, Diplomacy +6 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +10, Medicine +6, Mysticism +9, Piloting +9, Survival +3 * w/o armor

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Pilot Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Phase: Helm
Role Pilot

Action:

If our ship is forced to move first, I will attempt the "Evade" maneuver to increase our AC/TL and move forward three spaces in an effort to keep the enemy ship in our rear arc.

If our ship moves second, then I will attempt fly ahead or in a wide curve to get the enemy ship in our rear arc within 5 hexes, attempting any stunt necessary to do so. If doing so does not require a stung, I will attempt to "Evade".
Pilot to Evade(DC 19) with one +2 bonus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19
Map has NOT been updated

Exo-Guardians

Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 5 | SP 40/40 HP 39/39 | RP 4/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll Not used

Kitkul would make certain its environmentals are on...after the high radiation alarm has been going off.
Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 +4 for environmentals on Armor

Kitkul....seeing that everybody is doing well, decides to help Lightfoot possibly turn better. Seeing that they changed the colors, it wonders what else they modified...so it turns a few set screws and knobs under the pilots panel.

Phase: Helm
Role: Chief Mate
Action: Will attempt (again) to rewire the thrusters to allow a harder turn if the Pilot needs it.....because we likely do need it.
Chief Mate (DC 16): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

And instead the knobs and set screws were there to help lift up and down the pilot's station....

"Uhh....sorry."

Did not fail by 10 or more.....so negatives...except maybe Lightfoot now has the pilot's panel better situated for him

Wayfinders

| ES () | SP 35/35 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 21 KAC 22 | Fort +5 Ref +10 Will +4 | Init +6 Perception +12; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive () | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 5

Kaylee's okay staying at gunner unless Lightfoot want to swap out for some reason.

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 +4 from armor?

The redhead nods and switches her panel over to the heavy torpedos HK transferred to her, fingers flying over the controls as she tries to get a lock on and decides to fire-at-will!

Using a computer +2 for the torpedo
Gunnery heavy torpedo launcher: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 - 4 = 17 vs TL
Damage: 5d10 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 10, 3) = 25
Gunnery light particle beam: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 4 = 18 vs AC
Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 2) = 5
those d6s tho :(

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 5 | KAC 18 EAC 18 | HP 29/29 SP 30/30 RP 7/7 | F +2 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Resist Fire, Cold 5 | Init +7 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(6/6);L2(4/4) | Status: -none-

Lynn Fort: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 + 4 = 21 Includes constructed racial and armor bonus

"Eeek! This is awful. Who gave them such strong shields!?" With the scanning already complete (and maybe a bit too late) and the shields up, Lynn taps into the ship's intercom to call out encouragingly to one of the two gunners (Taking Captain just this round, switching back to science next round for some system targeting most likely)

"Go go, show that super mean, way too well shielded space lump what Starfinders are made of!" She shouts encouragement to... 1 is HK, 2 is Kaylee: 1d2 ⇒ 1 HK!

Captain - Encourage: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Since when the captain would encourage, I wouldn't have any idea of the results of people's roles, I figured the only fair thing would be to choose randomly between them

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Flenn re-aligns the sensor array and get the science station glitches repaired as Kitkul continues to find the unexpected in the ship's control surfaces...although the formian does feel their plates begin to oddly sweat a bit as they get a bt dizzy and weak.

Kitkul:
You take 3 points of damage that bypasses stamina direct into hit points. You also take a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time you attempt a Fortitude save against radiation before being treated - whether you succeed or fails - you loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure (3hp).

Lightfoot loses the initiatve to the malfunctioning drone ship but is still able to present the ship's strongest side in an evasive way as the enemy vessel closes the distance without changing course.

Lightfoot:
You can ascertain that the drone is still flying exactly as Akrodo told you it would, trying to get in behind you and stay there. You can use (and admittedly, have been using) this information to your advantage however you see fit!

Both missiles from the drone miss your craft by a wide margin this time. Lynn runs to the captain's chair and encourages HK's aim, as his torpedo along with both of Kaylee's shots hit their mark! HK's shot hammers the drone's shields, weakening them enough for Kaylee's shots to punch through and inflict critical systems damage to three of the drone's systems!

1d100 ⇒ 47 ~> Weapons in the 1d4 ⇒ 3 Starboard Arc are Glitching
1d100 ⇒ 21 ~> Sensors are Glitching
1d100 ⇒ 56 ~> Weapons in the 1d4 ⇒ 1 Forward Arc are Glitching

STARSHIP COMBAT!

ROUND 4 - Starfield Map is Updated (Note - I shifted both ships to the right to keep them in the center of the map)
Remorhaz: 18 Damage (Yellow ship) Shields Max 100 (25/25/25/25)
CRITICAL DAMAGE: None
Drone: 26 Damage (Red ship) Shields Max 120 (0/30/30/30)
CRITICAL DAMAGE: Sensors Glitching, Weapons (Starboard) Glitching, Weapons (Forward) Glitching

GM Screen:
Piloting Initiative: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Piloting Stunt: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28 (DC 17/22)
Gunnery: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 (AC/TL 18/20) CT 17
Gunnery: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 (AC/TL 18/20) CT 17
(Both attacks -4 if Fire-at-will)

Your crew can now act!
Track 10 - Sanjaval Fight for Survival - The Division OST - Precinct Siege

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 5 | SP 40/40 HP 39/39 | RP 4/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll Not used

Kitkul feels a bit off, maybe it was the flarn it ate, but more likely the radiation damage. Seeing that apparently this ship is tougher than the last one, it goes to sit down at the auxiliary gun, taking the light plasma cannon.

Phase: Gunnery
Role: Gunner
Action: Fires the plasma cannon (not taking range into account GM)
Gunner Light Plasma cannon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 2d12 ⇒ (7, 10) = 17

"One might need some iodine once we all are out of combat....o...I think I might have gotten radiation sickness...

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn calls out, "Okay, let's see about boosting the weapons ..."

Engineering vs. DC 16: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

All weapon damage rolls of 1 become 2 this turn.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn calls out, "Okay, let's see about boosting the weapons ..."

Engineering vs. DC 16: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

All weapon damage dice rolls of 1 become 2 this turn.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn calls out, "Okay, let's see about boosting the weapons ..."

Engineering vs. DC 16: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

All weapon damage dice rolls of 1 become 2 this turn.
"Weapons boosted!"

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

Annoyed toneWe've heard you the last two times Flenn. :P

Still using the touret's missile, HK aims at the drone and shoot, using the help from the computer's ship.

Gunnery Phase
Gunner Check: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12
Damages (light plasma torpedo): 3d8 ⇒ (4, 3, 3) = 10

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn bangs the side of his head, and the erratic loop of flashing on his exocortex stops. "Sorry 'bout that. Might have to run a bit o' diagnostic when this fight's over."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Null Android Technomancer 5 | KAC 18 EAC 18 | HP 29/29 SP 30/30 RP 7/7 | F +2 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Resist Fire, Cold 5 | Init +7 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(6/6);L2(4/4) | Status: -none-

Lynn jumps back to the sensor array and starts bringing up some telemetrics on the ship's forward weapons systems. "Lets try to knock those out of commission guys!"

Science Officer - Target System (targeting weapons): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

"Flenn, I hope that radiation earlier didn't get you. I heard one of the symptoms is dizziness and compulsively boosting weapons." She winks from across the bridge at the half-orc.

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 4/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 34/34 HP 38/38 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +7, Diplomacy +6 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +10, Medicine +6, Mysticism +9, Piloting +9, Survival +3 * w/o armor

Phase: Helm
Role Pilot

Pilot Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Lightfoot flies forward.
Will move full speed to stay at least six hexes ahead of attacker.
Pilot to Evade(DC 19) with one +2 bonus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 = 25

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Because Kaylee's player told me her posting schedule (usually after midnight US central time), I'm going to bot her actions here.

Keeping up with her previous successes, Kaylee will fire the heavy plasma torpedo launcher!

Gunnery: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24
Damage: 5d10 ⇒ (2, 1, 8, 9, 4) = 24

GM post coming after Passover dinner!

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

"1" becomes 2, so 25 for Kaylee's shot :)

Wayfinders

| ES () | SP 35/35 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 21 KAC 22 | Fort +5 Ref +10 Will +4 | Init +6 Perception +12; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive () | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 5

That's pretty much what I was going to do so thanks! Sorry about your posting problems GM!

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Still no power and my laptop just died for a second time but I had a small epiphany before that. I copied the text file to my phone and if I can stay online for more than 5 seconds, well, here's hoping we can continue, even as I'm forced to sit here in darkness without being able to do anything (no electricity = no cpap machine or else I just would have gone to bed 6 hours ago).

Flenn over-over-over charges the weapon systems as Lynn locks on! Meanwhile, Lightfoot continues to lead the drone right where he wants to, juking this way and that while maintaining course.

HK's torpedo flies off towards the sun, but both Kitkul and Kaylee score direct hits!

The drone's nuke flies by thanks to Lightfoot's flying and Kaylee's earlier critical damage, but its high-explosive missile hits your aft quarter!

Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (5, 8, 3, 5) = 21

But your shields hold!

However, after that last salvo, the enemy ship floats dead in space. You are now out of combat!

As soon as the drone's systems shut down, the comms crackle back to life revealing a relieved Akrodo. “Is everyone all right? It looks like the drone is powerless. Don’t destroy it please. If you have injured crew please return to the hangar, I’ll have medical personnel waiting for you. If everyone is well, please examine the drone to see if you can determine what happened.”

Lightfoot can maneuver your ship close enough for a detailed inspection of the drone with a Piloting check.

Anyone who would like to can attempt a DC 15 Engineering Check to examine the drone's power systems to look for malfunctions.

If any of the Engineering checks succeed, anyone on-board can attemp a DC 20 Computers Check to further investigate the drone's sysadmin data.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Computers: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Flenn gets so engrossed in examining the power systems that he makes only a cursory attempt to look at the drone's sysadmin data. Maybe his exocortex is glitching again.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG ysoki priest soldier 4/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 34/34 HP 38/38 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +7, Diplomacy +6 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +10, Medicine +6, Mysticism +9, Piloting +9, Survival +3 * w/o armor

"Well done, my noble compatriots! It seems as though we have all been as tested as the ship that we were charged in evaluating. You have so passed with honor!" declares Lightfoot as he flies the ship close to the neutralized drone for inspection.

Pilot with one +2 bonus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

21 hours and change without power, but I am finally back online.

Lightfoot up easily eases up next to the Drone.

Flenn discovers that the drone didn't glitch or malfunction. Rather, it was sabotaged and deliberately programmed to activate shields and fire missiles at your ship until you were destroyed. In addition, on-board logs show an unidentified vessel docked with this drone right around the time you left Absalom Station headed here and welded on the two missile launchers, neither of which are part of the drone's standard armaments.

Anyone else for the Computers check?

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

Computer: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

HK tries but fails as much as Flenn.

Annoyed tone : I can't access the data memory of this drone.

Wayfinders

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Null Android Technomancer 5 | KAC 18 EAC 18 | HP 29/29 SP 30/30 RP 7/7 | F +2 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Resist Fire, Cold 5 | Init +7 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(6/6);L2(4/4) | Status: -none-

"Hey! It's this computer whiz's time to shine!" Lynn takes over the analysis, peering through the data structures with ease.

Computers: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

She ♫♪ hums ♫♪ as she works, causing crystalline flowers to bloom and dissolve in the air around her. Their crystal petals glitter in the light given off by her dress.

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Lynn is able to delve into the computer logs and discerns the access codes of the person who sabotaged the drone. When you indicate that you have this information to Akrodo, he switches to a secure line to receive it. He identifies them as belonging to a disgruntled ex-employee with ties to the Frozen Trove dragoncorp. That employee's access codes should have been invalidated when they were removed from Sanjaval though, which suggests that they must still have a contact (or contacts) within Sanjaval Spaceflight Systems.

Once you return to the hangar, medics immediately attend to Kitkul (you are no longer affected by radiation and are returned to full hp!) and Akrodo walks you back to your shuttle, promising that he will get corporate security to launch a full investigation into this incident immediately to resolve the matter. He gives you each a firm and friendly handshake before you depart.

“Thank you for all of your work today. We hope that when you make your report to your superiors that it will focus on the ship and its capabilities rather than on today’s mishap. Please pass along that should the Society choose to commission the Remorhaz, in addition to the discount for providing test crew we will be extending an additional hazard discount due to the circumstances of today’s test flight. Please accept our apologies. We hope to hear from you soon!”

Venture-Captain Naiaj is delighted when you report in at the Lorespire Complex. Not only did you comport yourselves well and make a good impression on an important partner, you also gained the Society better standing in the business relationship with Sanjaval.

With that, you have completed the first quest of this scenario! Stand by for your next mission briefing!

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

After returning to your shuttle, your pilot takes off, informing you that you can get some sleep since your next destination of Aballon is 1d6 ⇒ 5 days away.

Before arrival, you can play the briefing:

“Resurgent Technologies has requested our services at one of their R&D departments on Aballon. They’ve been vague about what the job entails; the most I’ve been able to tell is that there’s been some, as they’ve put it, ‘unexpected results’ from one of their experiments that needs to be discreetly cleaned up. As I’m sure you know, reputation is vital for any organization. Be sure to keep ours in mind during your mission. Best of luck, Starfinders. And be careful.”

— Venture-Captain Naiaj

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

After arriving at the megaplex settlement of Endeavor, you are picked up and taken to a Resurgent Technologies research campus. Your guide then escorts you to a spacious office.

A woman with ash-colored skin and hair that resembles a plume of blue fire sits behind a desk while a drone hovers around her left side taking measurements for a prosthetic arm. She looks up and offers a strained smile. “Being such an eclectic group, I suspect you must be the Starfinders. I’m Eshazi Seza, a researcher for Resurgent Technologies, and I’m ashamed to say you’re here to clean up my mess. As I’m sure you know, we pride ourselves on creating the best hybrid technologies in the Pact Worlds, but a little over a week ago, a test went horribly wrong and briefly opened a rift in the planar fabric, which pulled in everything nearby before closing.” She gestures wryly to her missing limb.

“However, at the time, we didn’t realize the rift also allowed something else to cross to the Material Plane. Only days after the accident, bodies started turning up in one of the company housing districts nearby, and we suspect the incidents are related. We contacted the Society in the hopes that this can be taken care of discretely, as the higher-ups naturally worry about our image should news of something like this come to light. I have a few suggestions as to where you can start investigating, but if you have questions before we get into that, feel free to ask.”

Any questions?

Wayfinders

| ES () | SP 35/35 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 21 KAC 22 | Fort +5 Ref +10 Will +4 | Init +6 Perception +12; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive () | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 5

Yea my posting schedule is usually between midnight and 2am central time so, yea.

Kaylee probably spent the rest of the trip on the remorhaz grabbing her starfinder gear from the engine room, but with Lightfoot Flenn and Lynn on the team she knew they could grok it!

In the present she looks a bit nervous and freaked out at the woman's arm that apparently...vanished? Got torn off?? Teleported to another plane???

"So, um, question? This thing that crossed over. Can it also make things just, you know...?" she makes an awkward arm-chopping-off pantomime with her hands. "Oh yea also what kinda experiment?"

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

When you arrive at the next site, Flenn has changed out of his musician's professional clothes into his lab technician's professional clothes, with a dapper lab coat in stark contrast to the punk rock look of his tattoos, piercings, and implants. However, the lab coat is a dark grey instead of white.

"Yeah, doll, that's a right mess there. Hope Resurgent offers a good workman's comp plan. As for questions ... Can we take a look at any of these bodies, or see autopsy files? Figure out the mode of death."

Exo-Guardians

Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 5 | SP 40/40 HP 39/39 | RP 4/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +0, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll Not used

Kitkul looks at the woman missing an arm. "I agree with Kaylee....did the creature take off the arm, or did the rift? Needing to know what we might come up against is most important."

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

Questioning tone : do you know what type of creature is it? What are its capacities and abilities.

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 4/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 34/34 HP 38/38 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +7, Diplomacy +6 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +10, Medicine +6, Mysticism +9, Piloting +9, Survival +3 * w/o armor

"This, 'rift', as you call it. Do you, per chance, have any idea as to just what plane happened to lie on the other side of it?" Lightfoot inquires.

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

She will answer your questions as best she can:

What was the nature of this test? (To most of you) “Mostly classified, unfortunately. I’m contractually obligated not to discuss my research, though I don’t believe the specifics will have any bearing on dealing with this problem. What I will say is that it’s possible something was unleashed from... somewhere far away.”

How many victims have there been? (To Flenn) “It’s been ten days since the lab accident. Since then, six bodies have turned up with similar injuries. Reports state the cause of death appears to be energy damage, perhaps from a weapon. The body of the most recent victim is still in the morgue, if you wish to inspect it yourselves.”

Wayfinders

Null Android Technomancer 5 | KAC 18 EAC 18 | HP 29/29 SP 30/30 RP 7/7 | F +2 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Resist Fire, Cold 5 | Init +7 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(6/6);L2(4/4) | Status: -none-

"Hi hi Eshazi!" Lynn waves to the researcher. "I'm Lynn by the way, nice to meet you." She pokes the tips of her fingers into her cheeks.

"You're really strong to be focused on finding answers for this disaster even though you lost an arm!"

When the questions start pouring in, she nods in particular to HK's "So you don't know what kind of thing this thing is? Has anyone seen it that we could talk to? And who's getting killed by it? Are there any patterns?"

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 4/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 34/34 HP 38/38 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +7, Diplomacy +6 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +10, Medicine +6, Mysticism +9, Piloting +9, Survival +3 * w/o armor

" 'Classified'" Lightfoot repeats solemnly in reply to the corporate woman. We are requested to secure a threat that has already proven itself deadly, seemingly on multiple occasions and risk our own souls. Yet, you withhold the very information likely necessary to prevent further harm to ourselves as well as to others. Such behavior is unbecoming and must be condemned."

The ysoki pauses to allow for the weight of his words to sink in.

"Nevertheless, as there are souls in peril, I will venture forth to find, to confront, and, to the extent possible under the circumstances, to put an end to this threat. I do so, not out of any approval of the actions giving rise to the need of such sacrifice, but out of my devotion to my goddess and her care for my fellow sentient beings. May Sarenrae bless our endeavor and see to its success fruition." Lightfoot declares.

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

Dispassionate tone : Not knowing the threat we are about to confront. I will suggest to get to the morgue and examines the body.
Questioning tone : Eshazi, do you know where the bodies were found?
Allusory tone : by observing the pattern of the murders, we can locate an area where to find the predator.

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Are there any witnesses? (To Lynn) “It’s been difficult to tell who’s actually seen something and who’s just making a scene. You could try talking to Ex-Maintenance-22, an anacite who runs a food stall in Mystic Hearth and may have seen something. You could also try the Mystic Hearth housing complex online message boards and see if anyone’s discussing these events. I’m not a member, so you’d have to procure an invitation from someone or see if you can find a back door to the infosphere site.”

To Lightfoot, she says, "Believe me, I wish I could tell you more...but corporate policy forbids me from doing so." She trails off, looking at the robot finishing up measurements for her prosthetic arm. "I can't really risk the consequences of losing my company's coverage right now, if you take my meaning?"

At this juncture, she gives you some ideas for you to follow up on as well as access to a low-security lab that's been turned into a morgue. You can check the body first, the local infosphere for Mystic Hearth, or talk to people around the area.

But first, if you'd like:

CULTURE (RECALL KNOWLEDGE) OR DIPLOMACY (GATHER INFORMATION)

DC 15:
Aballon is the closest Pact World to the sun, making its natural environment unsuitable for most organic creatures. Anacites, intelligent, self-improving machines said to have been left behind by the mysterious First Ones, are the most common species on the planet, though many other constructs also reside there. Aballon is a center of industry and manufacturing, which are centered in the megaplexes—country-sized cities run with machine efficiency. These megaplexes are some of the only locations on Aballon’s surface that have an artificial atmosphere that allows organic creatures to survive

DC 20:
All of the above spoiler, plus:
Endeavour is one of Aballon’s megaplexes. It gets its power from the Sun Basin, a massive solar array. Endeavour is a place where magic and technology meet in spectacular ways, such as the collection of interplanar and interplanetary portals maintained and operated by the Resurgent Technologies corporation. As such, it’s an interplanar travel hub, meaning visitors may rub shoulders with any kind of outsider alongside the more common settled races of Aballon.

DC 25:
All of the above spoiler, plus:
Resurgent Technologies is a Pact World–wide corporation based in Endeavour. The company has operated since before the Gap, specializing in magical and technological hybridization. Today it remains at the forefront of such innovation. The corporation’s mysterious director is known only by the name, “the Last One,” and is frequently at odds with anacite leadership.

Where would you like to go / what would you like to do first?

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP30/30 HP32/32 RP6/6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +2

Culture (recall knowledge): 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 4 = 27

HK shares his knowledge of Abbalon and Resurgent Technologies with its comrades.

Proposal tone : I suggest to split the effort on these three tasks.
1 - Talking to Ex-Maintenance-22
2 - Accessing Mystic Heart message boards
3 - Examining the bodies

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 9/18 HP 24/24 | RP 6/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40, T-shirt Re-roll: 1 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Flenn says, "Can you answer this: Are you unable to tell us what realm this rift connects to because because you don't actually know for sure, or just because it's classified info? For example, if you had information that, say, holy weapons might be useful, then I'd say that might be information that would be good for us to have. And, I think our Starfinder NDAs would guarantee the security of any such information."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Null Android Technomancer 5 | KAC 18 EAC 18 | HP 29/29 SP 30/30 RP 7/7 | F +2 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs. disease, poison, mind-aff., sleep) | Resist Fire, Cold 5 | Init +7 | Perc +0 | Spells Avail:: L1(6/6);L2(4/4) | Status: -none-

Culture: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

"Well, losing your coverage is an absolute no-no. No worries Eshazi, we'll take a look for you!" Lynn gives the scientist a thumbs up.

When HK makes his suggestion, she says "Those message boards should be easy-peasy for me, but I'd also like to talk to people! They're all close by, maybe we can visit each? Though I wouldn't mind skipping the morgue. Dead bodies are zetta gross."

I figure it might be possible to hack into the message boards while we're doing one of the other things. I'd like to start with asking questions of the locals including Ex-Maintenance-22.

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Crash (SFS) Maps | | Corporate Interests Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |
Flenn wrote:
Flenn says, "Can you answer this: Are you unable to tell us what realm this rift connects to because because you don't actually know for sure, or just because it's classified info?

She looks Flenn right in the eye. "Yes."

Quote:
For example, if you had information that, say, holy weapons might be useful, then I'd say that might be information that would be good for us to have. And, I think our Starfinder NDAs would guarantee the security of any such information."

"That said, if I did have any useful information regarding equipment or preparations that would keep you and my own people safe, I would share that with you, company policy or not. I'm not that blindly loyal to the corporate machine."

Wayfinders

| ES () | SP 35/35 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 21 KAC 22 | Fort +5 Ref +10 Will +4 | Init +6 Perception +12; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive () | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 5

Kaylee agrees with HK and Lynn on this one.

51 to 100 of 348 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dire GM's [SFS] #2-10: Corporate Interests (OutPost III 2020) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.