[SFS/Shifty] #2:15 Infernal Gallery (C) (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

Maps & slides


151 to 200 of 308 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

| [SP] 7/7 [HP]3/12 | Resolve: 2/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 1st| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +8 Darkvision 60' | EAC 12 KAC 14 Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +6

"Oookay..." Darakwinn says more than a little dubiously as the voice speaks.

She looks around at her gathered companions before calling out louder to the source of the voice. "Our promises are not lies. And we can give you your freedom...if you deserve it."

"Why don't you show yourself so we can talk?"

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 2 | SP 10/14 | HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +5 | Conditions:

"You're admitting to trickery? Causing trouble? I'm confused," Zapp says. "You sound coerced. We can protect you if that's the case, don't you worry."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +4 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

"Who are you yelling at?" Ryu turns a circle with gun in hand, trying to find the voice he can't hear.

The Manifold Host

Female Kiirinta Solarian 1 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | HP 10/11 SP 7/7 RP 2/3 | F +2 R +4 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Active Status:: -none-

Picking up on the strategy her allies are taking, Kippi adds "Come on out! We're really friendly, except to dangerous aliens trying to kill us! Whose promises are lies anyway?"

Diplomacy (aid): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

With her telepathy, she sends to her allies "Anyone understand what its trying to say? I super definitely ultra don't."


"Coerced? Yes, and nailed to this rock with an enormous pin - oh it hurts!"

"I thought you were the pretty liars, come to taunt me with hopes of freedom... I have been here so long, so long"

You edge into view of a platform of slick white stone, rising up a few inches over the water’s surface. A pillar tops the platform, before which is a wispy, ghost-like figure vaguely resembling an elf. A shining silver sceptre pierces the spirit through the shoulder, pinning them to the pillar in a way that looks painful. The wispy figure mutters then looks up, a wide grin spreading across their face. “You’re alive!” A moment later the smile is gone, replaced by a look of fear. The figure shakes their head and covers their ears.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +4 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

"Take caution. This might be why there's no house attached. It could be a mystic prison of some sort. Such things will be warded or guarded or both."

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 2 | SP 10/14 | HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +5 | Conditions:

"It's not often I say so, but I am no expert in these matters," Zapp says. He watches the elf. "Darakwinn, what do your magical inclinations think?"

Exo-Guardians

| [SP] 7/7 [HP]3/12 | Resolve: 2/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 1st| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +8 Darkvision 60' | EAC 12 KAC 14 Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +6

"All the science in the universe, cybernetics, faster than light travel, elixirs that let you change gender on a whim and we still have to deal with ghosts," Darakwinn says.

She approaches the platform, but not too close, definitely out of reach, and studies the figure and scepter.

"You see, the real problem is not just what this might be, it's whether or not it deserves what it's gotten. And even if it doesn't has it gone mad from the torment? The true questions are, can we help it and should we help it?"

Mysticism: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Darakwinn can't work out much about the sceptre but is certain the creature is a Petitioner.

Petitioner:

Petitioners are the souls of mortals brought to the Outer Planes after death in order to experience their ultimate punishment, reward, or fate. A petitioner retains fragments of its memories from life, and its appearance depends not only upon the shape it held in life but also upon the nature of the Outer Plane to which it has come.

The Manifold Host

Female Kiirinta Solarian 1 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | HP 10/11 SP 7/7 RP 2/3 | F +2 R +4 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Active Status:: -none-

"So its a person who's already dead? Then they're probably not supposed to be here. Maybe this silver thing is keeping it from going on to the Boneyard? Or, maybe it escaped first?" Kippi mulls it over, but gets no closer to a meaningful conclusion. "I think if we take the scepter away, maybe that'd free it?"

"Um, I vote for letting it free. Maybe once its not being pinned there, it'll be a little less crazy. And if this is a trick, we can always just shoot it a few times."


So whats the decision? :)

Exo-Guardians

| [SP] 7/7 [HP]3/12 | Resolve: 2/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 1st| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +8 Darkvision 60' | EAC 12 KAC 14 Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +6

"Yeah...shooting it will definitely work," Darakwinn mutters.

But, from the looks of the thing, it didn't end up or isn't meant for one of the darker planes. Although the nature of the scepter suggests that perhaps it is vulnerable to purer, brighter things.

Shaking her head and continuing to mutter, but to herself, this time, she moves to the platform and creature and pulls the scepter free.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +4 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Silver Small Arm Rounds x18
Silver Curvelbade

Ryu leaves the decision whether to free the ghost up to those more mystically inclined. When Darakwinn goes to remove the scepter, he stands ready in case there's trouble.


The sceptre is beautifully made, as though crafted by some divine being. It pulls free easily, and the creature stands up, rubbing where the wound was - slightly startled by the ability to move freely once more.

[b]"Thank you... who are you exactly? And what brings you to this lost and forgotten place?"[b]

Exo-Guardians

| [SP] 7/7 [HP]3/12 | Resolve: 2/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 1st| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +8 Darkvision 60' | EAC 12 KAC 14 Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +6

"I'm Da...we're Starfinders," Darakwinn starts to answer then remembers one of the cardinal rules of dealing with mystical beings.

"We're here to investigate this place and bring back information about it. How did you end up here? Do you know much about it?"

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 2 | SP 10/14 | HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +5 | Conditions:

"Zapp Brannigan here, but forget you heard that," Zapp says, heedless of Darakwinn's strategy. "Are these liars you mentioned still around?"

The Manifold Host

Female Kiirinta Solarian 1 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | HP 10/11 SP 7/7 RP 2/3 | F +2 R +4 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Active Status:: -none-

Kippi has the circumspection of a bowling ball, so when the spirit creature asks about the team, she says "Oooh, we're looking for where a funny painting of a baby vesk came from. Have you seen any weird houses around here? I think some visitors to this swamp found it there." She floats around the petitioner, examining it from different angles "Shouldn't you be going to the Boneyard now or something?"


The apparition is unable to really provide any relevant information about the surrounds until Kippi brings up the house.

“House? Ah, His house! It isn’t far. But you shouldn’t go there. It’s dangerous…” the apparition confides, doing its best to warn you.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +4 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

"We know of the danger, but we are going anyway. What more can you tell us?"

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 2 | SP 10/14 | HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +5 | Conditions:

Zapp grips his new spear and gets ready to follow someone else forward. He doesn't chip in much this time. "Yes, yes, dangerous how?"

Exo-Guardians

| [SP] 7/7 [HP]3/12 | Resolve: 2/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 1st| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +8 Darkvision 60' | EAC 12 KAC 14 Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +6

"And who is 'He?' Is He the one who trapped you here?" Darakwinn adds her questions to the pile for the spirit to answer.


"No He didn't trap me, I can barely remember Him, but the house...it is filled nightmares - and worse." the creature looks fearful before adding "If you want my advice, Run” in a terrified tone.

At that it turns and heeds its own warning rapidly heading in the direction the party came.

The Manifold Host

Female Kiirinta Solarian 1 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | HP 10/11 SP 7/7 RP 2/3 | F +2 R +4 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Active Status:: -none-

Kippi watches the petitioner run, rubbing an antenna with a foreleg. "Well that was weird."

"OK! So scary nightmare house here we come, yep?" Kippi flutters into the air, wings releasing golden dust that looks very out of place in the swamp. "Anyone notice which direction he was looking in when talking about the house? We should go that way!"

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +4 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Ryu points the opposite direction that he ran.


The gnarled trees part, revealing a series of mud hills that rise five feet above the deep water. Ahead, towering above them, is a single mud mound a full 15 feet higher than the rest. From the top of the mud, three fiendish looking parasites burst - and they look incredibly hungry...

Terrain modifiers:

Green spaces on the map are a deep bog four feet deep. Rules for deep bogs appear on page 398 of the Core Rulebook. Swimming through the deep bog requires a successful DC 12 Athletics check.
Brown spaces on the map are mud hills that rise five feet above the water. Climbing atop or moving along a mud hill requires a successful DC 16 Acrobatics or Athletics check. The tallest mud mound rises twenty feet above the water, and requires a successful DC 21 Acrobatics or Athletics check to climb or move across. Failure on any of the Acrobatics or Athletics checks reduces you to moving only a single five-foot space. All mud spaces count as difficult terrain.

Trees on the map grasp at you and cling to you, hampering your aim. Any PC that attempts to attack from a space adjacent to a tree must succeed at DC 16 Reflex save or take a –1 penalty to all attack rolls for 1 round.

The log rising up out of the mud on the east edge of the map is slick, but solid ground. Walking along it requires a DC 13 Acrobatics check to balance (DC 13 in The log does not otherwise hamper the PCs’ movement. The sticks that connect to the hill are too flimsy to bear weight and would just see you sink into the mud

Initiative:

Darakwinn 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
KIPPI 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Ryu Shuto 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Zapp 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
ENEMY 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

R1
Ryu
ENEMY

Life science and/or mysticism for more info on the creatures

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +4 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Ryu scurries forward as he readies his rifle. He fires at the closest parasite.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Ghibrani Huchket Rifle: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 8

The Manifold Host

Female Kiirinta Solarian 1 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | HP 10/11 SP 7/7 RP 2/3 | F +2 R +4 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Active Status:: -none-

Life Science, what are these things?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Kippi knows they are Slithermaws
2 facts available!

ALSO Mysticism for further key info

Ryu hits one with a well aimed shot.

The creatures surge forward and into the mud... hungry and vicious looking mouths salivating at the thought of Ryusflesh. As they hit the mud they become hard to target (Improved cover)

R1 cotd
Darak
Zapp
Kippi

R1
Ryu
ENEMY

R 8 (Imp cover)
O

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 2 | SP 10/14 | HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +5 | Conditions:

Zapp inches forward over the mud, cursing all the while.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Exo-Guardians

| [SP] 7/7 [HP]3/12 | Resolve: 2/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 1st| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +8 Darkvision 60' | EAC 12 KAC 14 Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +6

Darakwinn doesn't bother trying to move. She's been up to her knees in mud for a while, now and knows struggling forward is largely futile. Instead, she pulls out her shiny new (to her) Static Arc pistol and pops off a shot, knowing it's a long shot (literally.)

Static Arc Pistol minus Range Increment vs. EAC: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 1 - 2 = 9
Electricity: 1d6 ⇒ 6

She also tries to figure out what these things are.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

The Manifold Host

Female Kiirinta Solarian 1 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | HP 10/11 SP 7/7 RP 2/3 | F +2 R +4 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Active Status:: -none-

I'll take what are their defenses like, and do they have any unusual special abilities to watch out for.

Kippi floats up into the air and places a foreleg to her forehead as she does so. She concentrates, and her wings suddenly flare with a rainbow of chaotic energy, their surfaces a window into a world of roiling plasma. She orients herself toward the nearest of the two Slithermaws (orange).

A thin beam of light emits from her left wing and lances toward the creature.

Flying up to an elevation of 15 ft, entering photon mode, manifesting her solar flare.

Solar Flare vs. EAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Solar Flare damage, photon mode (F) (force effect): 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +4 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Silver Small Arm Rounds x18
Silver Curvelbade

"Hey! Are these things what all that silver was for?" He takes another shot at the one he hit before.

Ghibrani Huchket Rifle: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 3


The party doesn't manage to land any shots.

The creatures come surging forward - toothy maws salivating at the thought of Ryus flesh.

Darakwinn realises that not only are these creatures 'infernal', but they are also specific to Hell and only found in their native plane...

R2 cotd
Darak
Zapp
Kippi

R3
Ryu
ENEMY

R 8
O

Exo-Guardians

| [SP] 7/7 [HP]3/12 | Resolve: 2/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 1st| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +8 Darkvision 60' | EAC 12 KAC 14 Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +6

"Aw Hell!" Darakwinn mutters as she realizes what's happening. "That's where this place comes from," she calls out louder. "This place got called into the Drift from Hell."

She doesn't fire again, instead, she opens her connection to Anggradd and beseeches him for aid.

Beginning to cast a spell (summon creature.)

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 2 | SP 10/14 | HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +5 | Conditions:

"Can they understand us?" Zapp asks. "I assume not, or they would know what will come of this!" He gives up on squelching through the mud and retrieves his laser instead.

Dispiriting Taunt vs. Orange: 1d20 + 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + (3) + 8 = 14

That's mind-affecting and language-dependent, so it might not work. I'm just worse with a gun so I figured I'd try.

The Manifold Host

Female Kiirinta Solarian 1 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | HP 10/11 SP 7/7 RP 2/3 | F +2 R +4 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Active Status:: -none-

Did Kippi get any further info other than that they're from Hell, per the previous Life Science check and my previous post?

"Hell? I thought that was more hot, spicy and fiery?"

Kippi floats a little to the side, her wings rapidly surge between gold, orange and fuchsia, and a thin beam of light lances from her right wing (toward orange).

Solar Flare vs. EAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Solar Flare damage, photon mode (F) (force effect): 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6


And just like that - Kippi puts an end to the creature with a bright flash of pure sunlight.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +4 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0


Silver Small Arm Rounds x18
Silver Curvelbade

Ryu is relieved that Kippi finished off the one right on top of him. With a practiced calm, he takes aim at the remaining one and fires twice.

Ghibrani Huchket Rifle: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18 Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 2

Ghibrani Huchket Rifle: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18 Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 8


Two rounds perforate the other worm, and in response it attempts to get its pucker maw on Ryu!

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 vs EAC

It latches onto him! The sucker startting to bore into his armour - Ryu can see filthy looking ichor coating the rows of razor teeth about to hit his flesh...

Ryu - the creature is now Attached

R3 cotd
Darak
Zapp
Kippi

R4
Ryu
ENEMY

R DEAD
O 10

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 2 | SP 10/14 | HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +5 | Conditions:

"Um...don't worry, Ryu, we'll have you free in a trice," Zapp says. He stumbles forward again and shoots at a part farthest from the human.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +4 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

I should have moved. Retreated. This hurts.


Zapp does indeed...zap!

R3 cotd
Darak
Zapp - acted
Kippi

R4
Ryu
ENEMY

R DEAD
O 11

The Manifold Host

Female Kiirinta Solarian 1 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | HP 10/11 SP 7/7 RP 2/3 | F +2 R +4 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Active Status:: -none-

Kippi swoops to the side to get a clearer shot at the slimy creature. Her wings ripple once more, fires swirling inside them, before a third beam of light streaks at the leech-like thing.

Solar Flare vs. EAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Solar Flare damage, photon mode (F) (force effect): 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4


Kippi dispatches the thing moments before the infected maw tears into flesh...

End combat

Exo-Guardians

| [SP] 7/7 [HP]3/12 | Resolve: 2/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 1st| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +8 Darkvision 60' | EAC 12 KAC 14 Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +6

"I'm liking you more and more all the time, Kippi," Darakwinn calls out, wading forward in the mud.

She communes with the being who was coming to her aid, commending it for its willingness to serve her cause but informing it that it is no longer needed.

I can never remember...if you voluntarily stop casting a spell with a 1 round casting time in the middle, do you still expend it? I know it gets lost if you break concentration.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 2 | SP 10/14 | HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +5 | Conditions:

"Good work, crew!" Zapp beams, holstering his weapon. "Now, to the house that apparently hails from Hell?"

I didn't see anything on the FAQ or Rules Questions, and I can think of arguments either way.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 16/16 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +4 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

As the parasite sloughs off of him, "Praise Desna and you too, Kippi.". Ryu steps away from the horrid creature.


I'll call the spell 'saved'

The Manifold Host

Female Kiirinta Solarian 1 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | HP 10/11 SP 7/7 RP 2/3 | F +2 R +4 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Active Status:: -none-

Kippi pirouettes smugly for a moment before allowing her wings to fade back to their normal coloration and focusing back on the task at hand.

"They were pretty strange. I thought Hell was all devils and fires and gnashing maws. Nothing about little leech swampy creatures." She floats up to look around for any sign of the house. "Do you think we're getting closer?"


DC 20 Mysticism:
You recall that the fifth layer of Hell, Stygia, is a swamp.

Kippi makes a valid point and looking at the bodies you determine they are the larval form of a bigger creature.

DC 16 Perception :

You spot two large vases in the mud atop the nest.

151 to 200 of 308 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / Shifty] #2:15 Infernal Gallery (C) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.