GM Derek's SFS 02-03 The Withering World (Inactive)

Game Master DEREK LANE 127

Maps and Handouts


1 to 50 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove

An upcoming Play-by-Post. Stay tuned!


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove

If you post something here (traditionally a lone period) the campaign will show up in your profile's campaign tab. Usually you wait a few moments, then go in and delete your post. But your campaign tab still shows the campaign and indicates new posts.

This is called "ninja-dotting."

Wayfinders

NG (male) Ysoki (nograv) Operative 1 |SP 8/8, HP 8/8, RP 4/5|EAC 15, KAC 16|F +2 (+6 v. rad), R +6, W +2|Init +5|DV60'|[Dice=Harmonic Dirge Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Sonic dmg]1d3[/Dice] [Dice=Subzero Hail Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Cold/Piercing dmg]1d4[/Dice] |Speed 30|Active Conditions: none

So, where is everybody? Bega asks himself as he waits for his first mission.

He double-checks his pistols - both fully charged. He fidgets as he waits, and shivers a little at the lower temperature than he's used to at the Sun.

Thank Sarenrae, I have this fur! How do others get by, naked like my tail?

Bega spits out his credstick. Only 55 credits left. Enough for a night or two here, but I want an augment. And I need a couple knives. Maybe I can scrounge a couple off deaders on this mission. Maybe I could scrounge an augment! He tucks the credstick back in his left cheek.

I hope I get to drive. The recruiter said I might. Or at least navigate. Oh, maybe I should save up for an old junkcycle. I always wanted one of those.

Bega crosses his arms over his thin chest, hugging himself and shivering a bit from the cold. His whiskers twitch and his nose wiggles as he looks about.

What I really need is a frelling jacket, he ultimately decides. Some hotshot nuleather number with stripes for each of my dogfight kills! Yeah, that's it!

Wayfinders

Male Damaya Lashunta Envoy 3 (SP 18/18, HP 22/22, RP 3/3; EAC 16, KAC 16; F +1, R +5, W +4; Init +2; [dice=Azimuth Laser Pistol]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d4+1[/dice] [dice=Frag Grenade! ]1d20+2[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

“Check…1…2…1…2.” says the tall slim male lashunta as he checks out his vidcasting gear while walking into the room. After seeming satisfied that it's ready to go, he makes some additional adjustments to his appearance – smoothing his antennas, checking for food in his teeth, straightening his collar.

With that done, he tosses his levitating camera into the air in front of him and positions himself in front of the Starfinder Society logo on the wall.

“3…2…1… Ladies and Gentlebeings, welcome to another edition of Drifting through the Universe! As always, I’m your host Xxivk Vid! In this episode we will discover the newest mission from the Starfinder Society. Will it be facing down some space monstrosity that devours spaceships, discovering new sentient aliens, or another gameshow challenge? Stay tuned to this cast to find out what Guidance or one of the Venture-Captains has to say!

But first, a word from our sponsor – Body by Odris! Are you uncoordinated and have 2 or more left feet? Let my Vesk trainer, Odris, get you into shape! He’s done wonders for me! No more falling off of narrow planks or failing to climb things! Now I can navigate a public playground as safely as any primary school being! So go see Odris! You won’t be sorry, unless you insult him.”

Xvivk makes a signal to cut the video feed and the camera stops recording.

He spots the ysoki in the room. ”That was a pretty good take, huh? I’m Xvivk Vid, vidcaster and explorer from the Wayfinder’s lodge. I suppose we will be taking this mission together. I’ve worked with a lot of ysoki on recent missions. You guys are a fun bunch and pretty handy with tech.

What’s your name and what do you specialize in?”

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Priest / 3rd
Stats:
SP: 21/21, HP: 24/24, RP: 4/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +6 | Init +1, BS, V30' | [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Spell]1d20+3[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d6[/dice][dice=Mystic Cure]1d8+3[/dice]

A tall insectile humanoid walks in through the opening doors. It is wearing a long white trench coat with bright yellow highlights and a medallion of an Angel with flaming wings can be seen dangling from its neck. It stops at the doorway, it's right antennae twitching and its mandibles audibly grinding. As it holds up a Personal Comm Unit, a digital voice emits,

"Greetings, this one is known as Ve'Shek and has been directed here by the ever illuminating light of the Dawnflower. With your permission this one would like to communicate through the use of Telepathy so that it would be more convenient."

It expectantly looks around the room at each of you and you see the reflection of yourself from it's glossy black alien bug-like eyes awaiting a response.

Wayfinders

NG (male) Ysoki (nograv) Operative 1 |SP 8/8, HP 8/8, RP 4/5|EAC 15, KAC 16|F +2 (+6 v. rad), R +6, W +2|Init +5|DV60'|[Dice=Harmonic Dirge Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Sonic dmg]1d3[/Dice] [Dice=Subzero Hail Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Cold/Piercing dmg]1d4[/Dice] |Speed 30|Active Conditions: none

"Hi! I'm Bega, Bega Awar," Bega shares excitedly.

"Specialty? Well, I'm good at piloting. And sneaking around. Palming things...oh, and tumbling!" Bega does a forward roll under the lashtuna, then moves toward the shirren by walking on his hands.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Craning his neck around at the shirren, he says "Sure, I've always wanted to try telepathy!" He screws his face and thinks as hard as he can, "I am a follower of the Dawnflower, too!" He then spits his holy symbol out on the deck as proof. "See?" he says, pushing himself into a backflip and back into a standing position between his fellow explorers. He then bends down, picks up his holy symbol, and tucks it back into a cheek pouch.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

"I haven't ever met a vidstar or worked with either a lashtuna or a shirren before. This is my first mission!"

Bega hops from foot to foot, feeling a bit warmer from the activity, but still thinking to himself that they should turn the heat up in this place.

Wayfinders

NG (male) Ysoki (nograv) Operative 1 |SP 8/8, HP 8/8, RP 4/5|EAC 15, KAC 16|F +2 (+6 v. rad), R +6, W +2|Init +5|DV60'|[Dice=Harmonic Dirge Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Sonic dmg]1d3[/Dice] [Dice=Subzero Hail Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Cold/Piercing dmg]1d4[/Dice] |Speed 30|Active Conditions: none

"What do you guys do? Have you been on many missions? What do we do first? Do you think it's a coincidence that they want two worshippers of the Dawnflower on this one? Should I have brought more food? I only have enough for a week. Do you think there will be a fourth, a fifth, or even a sixth on this mission with us? Are either of you guys Wayfinders, too?"

As Bega speaks to the lashtuna and the shirren, he pulls out a field ration bar and nibbles at with without bothering to remove the paper first.

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Priest / 3rd
Stats:
SP: 21/21, HP: 24/24, RP: 4/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +6 | Init +1, BS, V30' | [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Spell]1d20+3[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d6[/dice][dice=Mystic Cure]1d8+3[/dice]

Within your minds you hear, "Greetings Bega, Bega Awar! Nice demonstration of your skills. They could come in useful."

To the Lashunta, "Good to see Xxivk is alive and well. Last Ve'Shek saw, Xxivk was on Zo!'s Live Exploration Extreme! show at Salvation's End fighting off Goblins."

Directing his attention back to the Ysoki and hitching a claw at the Lashunta, "We have worked together before. We fought off a legendary spacefaring monster known as a Besmarian Whelp. Xxivk really is a big time vidstar. You should get his autograph before anyone else arrives."

Ve'Shek holds out his hand with claws up and a holographic image of the Starfinder logo appears. Ve'Shek has graduated from the Starfinder Society and has been on three missions as support staff assisting with Mystical and Medical services. For the time being we practice patience to see if others appear. Some are not as punctual in their arrival. Once the briefing begins, you will have a chance to entertain questions and then prepare for the assignment. If worshippers of the Dawnflower are required then it may be grave but Ve'Shek does not think this is the case."

Ve'Shek takes a seat and waits patiently for others to arrive or the mission briefing to begin.


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove

A tired looking, human administrative-type enters the conference room just as Bega spits his holy symbol upon the floor.

”Uhh...,” she says, momentarily confused. She adjusts her VR goggles primly and says <ahem> ”Please report to Docking Bay Andoren 5-A. You’ve been assigned a mission in the Vast. ‘Exploration and Analysis of Enereth-7.’ A fourth Starfinder will meet you there at the docking bay. Mission briefing enroute. We’re short pilots on this one. Hope one of you knows how not to crash into a black hole.”

She looks downwards at Bega. Short pilots. Hehe. I should be on Absalom Comedy Idol. I’d slay. Anyway, good luck, Starfinders.”

Wayfinders

NG (male) Ysoki (nograv) Operative 1 |SP 8/8, HP 8/8, RP 4/5|EAC 15, KAC 16|F +2 (+6 v. rad), R +6, W +2|Init +5|DV60'|[Dice=Harmonic Dirge Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Sonic dmg]1d3[/Dice] [Dice=Subzero Hail Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Cold/Piercing dmg]1d4[/Dice] |Speed 30|Active Conditions: none
Ve'Sheck wrote:
"Nice demonstration of your skills. They could come in useful."

Bega smiles at the compliment, very glad the priest of Sarenrae approves of him as a team member.

He looks up at the administrator, completely missing the joke. Eagerly raising his hand and hopping from one foot to the other, he says "I do! I do! I know how to pilot. I've never been to a black hole, though. But how hard could it be?"

Ve'Shek wrote:
"You should get his autograph before anyone else arrives"

"Good idea," Bega thinks back at Ve'Shek. He then quickly casts around for a piece of paper before they head to the docking bay.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Finding none, as they walk he pulls a field ration bar out of his squeaking-new industrial backpack. Thankfully, this bar is unnibbled. He tentatively moves up to XXvik, holding the bar outstretched in a hand.

"Mr. Ex-vick, could I get your autograph, please?" He tries, but fails, to contain his nervousness at meeting strangers--famous, experienced ones who likely will judge his actions at that--and starting his first mission. "Is it true you fought the Besmarian Whelp? What's a Besmarian Whelp? Did you get blasted?"

Bega pulls his Subzero Hail Pistol from its holster, checks the power level without thinking about it, twirls it on his finger, and points it at a wall, mimicking blasting something. He then reholsters it.

"I haven't blasted anything yet, but I've been practicing!"

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Wayfinders

Male Damaya Lashunta Envoy 3 (SP 18/18, HP 22/22, RP 3/3; EAC 16, KAC 16; F +1, R +5, W +4; Init +2; [dice=Azimuth Laser Pistol]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d4+1[/dice] [dice=Frag Grenade! ]1d20+2[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

Xxvik telepathically communicates to Ve’Shek and Bega - Good to see you again, Ve'Shek, and even better that you are in for another adventure. I have no issue with communicating telepathically especially when we need to be discrete, however, please be verbal when I’m recording. Unfortunately, my audience finds telepathic conversations boring.

Switching back to normal speech, Xxivk addresses Bega. Welcome to the Wayfinder’s lodge, Bega. A Besmarian Whelp is a living starship-sized spacefaring monster. So your blaster wouldn’t do anything to it unfortunately. But I like the enthusiasm. That will play well with the audience!

Xxivk casually takes the proffered field ration bar from Bega, whips out a pen, deftly signs the bar, and hands it back to Bega.

Xxivk continues. That beast really wanted to take a bite out of our ship. I hope to never see such a creature again, but I got some amazing footage of the battle. That massive maw really wanted to take a bite out of our ship, but all it got was a gullet full of missiles!

Anyway, I guess we should make our way over to Docking Bay Andoren 5-A. Looks like we’ll be issued a ship.

Xxvik checks his personal comm unit to confirm the location of the docking bay that the team has been assigned.

Okay, I think I know where we are going. On the way, let’s get some footage of you guys to introduce you to the audience.

Xxivk walks out of the room on his way to the docking bay and makes a signal to the floating camera to begin recording.

Well viewers, looks like we will be travelling off station for this mission. Not much in the way of details yet, but I have met some of the members of my new team for this mission.

Joining us on Drifting for a second time, is Ve'Shek. The camera turns and focuses on the shirren.

His mystical ways should prove interesting as I rarely get magical teammates. I’m looking forward to the options his skills will open up for the team on this mission.

The camera then shifts its lens to the ysoki. Our second team member is Bega Awar. A new member to the Starfinder Society and a fellow Wayfinder. This will be his first mission for the Society, so it’s good that Ve’Shek and I are here to show him the ropes. He say’s he’s a pilot and hopefully, he’s a good one as you never know what we will encounter in the Drift. However, I can attest to his acrobatic prowess. Maybe he’ll be able to show me a thing or two.

The camera turns around and refocuses on Xxivk faux whispering. Don’t tell Odris. He’ll think I’m cheating on him with another trainer. Xxivk winks at the camera.

Switching back to serious broadcast mode, Xxivk continues. We’ve been told that the additional member of our team will meet us at the docking bay. Hopefully, they are the brawn of the team as we are currently short in that department right now. Let’s see what the docking bay has in store!

The camera hovers in place for a few beats as Xxivk continues to walk down the hallway. He eventually makes a cut signal, summons the camera back to himself and continues to lead the way to the docking bay.

Wayfinders

Male Damaya Lashunta Envoy 3 (SP 18/18, HP 22/22, RP 3/3; EAC 16, KAC 16; F +1, R +5, W +4; Init +2; [dice=Azimuth Laser Pistol]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d4+1[/dice] [dice=Frag Grenade! ]1d20+2[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

XXivk takes a pause. You know what, it would probably be good to get some footage of you guys talking about the upcoming mission too.

Xxivk taps on his comm and the levitating camera pops back up and turns to face Bega and Ve'Shek.

So my viewers want to know, what do you hope we will encounter on this mission and how do you think it will impact the Society and your lodge?

Wayfinders

NG (male) Ysoki (nograv) Operative 1 |SP 8/8, HP 8/8, RP 4/5|EAC 15, KAC 16|F +2 (+6 v. rad), R +6, W +2|Init +5|DV60'|[Dice=Harmonic Dirge Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Sonic dmg]1d3[/Dice] [Dice=Subzero Hail Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Cold/Piercing dmg]1d4[/Dice] |Speed 30|Active Conditions: none

"Well, I'm hoping we're leaving the system. I have never done that before. Plus, the mission briefer mentioned a black hole, and I don't think there's one near here."

Bega ponders that for a moment...

Physical Science: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

...then decides there aren't any. He nibbles absentmindedly at the recently autographed ration bar as he speaks, again neglecting to remove the paper, but at least missing the signature.

"I'm also hoping there will be something to shoot at. I've only practiced with targets so far."

Remembering that Xxivk wants interesting footage, Bega tries another trick with his pistols. He cross-draws both simultaneously, twirls them on his fingers, then reholsters them on the opposite side. He tries to pretend he's not thinking about it as he does it, even though he's concentrating quite hard.

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"I have no idea what we will encounter. I was sort of hoping that administrator would tell us. Didn't she come with us?"

Bega glances around to try to figure out where the administrator got to. She said something about the mission briefing being en route, he says to himself, but did she mean en route to the docking bay or to the black hole? Maybe she meant on our commlinks?

Bega spits his commlink into his hand and examines it as he walks. He absentmindedly weaves back and forth between Xxivik and Ve'Shek as he does so, sometimes between their legs.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22

As he checks his commlink, he realizes that might not be too exciting on vid, so he asks Xxivk, "What about you big guy? What do you think we will encounter?"

Wayfinders

Male Damaya Lashunta Envoy 3 (SP 18/18, HP 22/22, RP 3/3; EAC 16, KAC 16; F +1, R +5, W +4; Init +2; [dice=Azimuth Laser Pistol]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d4+1[/dice] [dice=Frag Grenade! ]1d20+2[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

Xxivk continues walking and recording while talking to Bega...

"Like I said, if they issue us a ship, we will probably be leaving the system. Hopefully, there will be no black holes though. You are really luckily that your first mission will be on a starship. For my first few missions, I didn't even get off the Absalom Station."

"Very impressive with the gun play. That's not really my forte, but I really appreciate the skill. I've yet to have a mission where there wasn't shooting, so you'll probably get live targets soon enough."

"I'm usually brought in to situations where diplomacy and negotiation are valued. I'm often trying to de-escalate conflicts, but sometimes shooting your way out of a situation is the only option. When that happens, I'm good at coordinating fire, but my aim is so-so. I recently acquired a magical augmentation to improve my coordination, so I hope to contribute more to our defense when necessary."

"Don't sweat the briefing. Rest assured, somebeing will get us the available intel. If you're luckily, it'll be Guidance, the Society AI."

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Priest / 3rd
Stats:
SP: 21/21, HP: 24/24, RP: 4/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +6 | Init +1, BS, V30' | [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Spell]1d20+3[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d6[/dice][dice=Mystic Cure]1d8+3[/dice]

While Ve'Shek keeps an eye on the two as they walk discussing the upcoming mission, he starts by pulling out his Comm Unit to see if he can find out what ship is docked at Docking Bay Andoren 5-A then trys to remember anything on Enereth-7 and if not starts investigating anything he can find on Enereth-7 such as atmosphere, flora & fauna, dangers and if there is a black hole near it.

Basic Computer Use Docking Bay: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Basic Computer Use Planet: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

As Ve'Shek is walking making sure not to step on the Ysoki, he let's out an audible "Hmmmmm" and continues walking with the others toward the Docking Bay.


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove

THE EXPEDITION BEGINS
As the unlikely trio of Starfinders walk towards docking bay Andoren 5-A, they notice an unusual amount of activity. Xxvik and Ve'Shek catch sight of a few Starfinders they've previously come across, walking hurriedly to nearby docking bays. They see soldiers carting weaponry and support staff lugging sensitive survey equipment. Several ground vehicles are seen, loaded upon larger transport trucks, trundling past as they head towards an adjacent docking bay.

Emblazoned across much of the equipment are the words STARFINDER SOCIETY EXPEDITION CODE 02-03WW.

Xxvik, Ve'Shek and Bega arrive at Andoren 5-A. Station crew are busy disconnecting fuel lines and atmo hoses. A vast cloud of CO2 engine coolant, sublimating in the the warm docking bay atmosphere, shrouds the airlock doors.

The cloud slowly lifts to reveal an enormous vesk standing in front of the airlock, a light reaction cannon slung over her shoulder and a partially filled bandolier of grenades adorning her troop plate armor. The militant vesk is leaning on a large tactical doshko, one hand's claws slowly tapping away at the weapon's carbon fiber composite handle.


"You're the team? Docking Bay Andoren 5-A? Took your time. I think the expedition is leaving soon and the tail-be-damned ship won't open until a rated pilot scans in," she hisses. "I'm Obozaya, in your silly Pact-tongue. I'm your security detail. Where's our pilot?"

Wayfinders

NG (male) Ysoki (nograv) Operative 1 |SP 8/8, HP 8/8, RP 4/5|EAC 15, KAC 16|F +2 (+6 v. rad), R +6, W +2|Init +5|DV60'|[Dice=Harmonic Dirge Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Sonic dmg]1d3[/Dice] [Dice=Subzero Hail Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Cold/Piercing dmg]1d4[/Dice] |Speed 30|Active Conditions: none

"That would be me," Bega says, raising one hand. "I'm Bega, and I'll be your pilot today."

Bega walks over to the ship and looks it over, trying to identify it.

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

If he can figure out where to scan in and what to do to scan in, he does so, feigning a confidence he does not have.

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

If not, he calls out over his shoulder, "Anyone know where the doohickey is?"

Wayfinders

Male Damaya Lashunta Envoy 3 (SP 18/18, HP 22/22, RP 3/3; EAC 16, KAC 16; F +1, R +5, W +4; Init +2; [dice=Azimuth Laser Pistol]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d4+1[/dice] [dice=Frag Grenade! ]1d20+2[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

Xxvik smiles wide at the sight of Obozaya.

"Obazaya! It is so good to see you again. Hold on, I have to get a shot of seeing you again."

Xxvik taps on his commlink again and the floating camera takes up a position behind him and begins recording.

"Ladies and gentlebeings, we are once again graced to be working with Obazaya! Her talent for destruction is only matched by The Analog Affair-12. Oba's a bit more blunt and straightforward than Ani, but what more do you want in a soldier. Welcome to the team, Obazaya!"

Xxvik looks around for the scanner for Bega to access.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Obozaya perks up when she sees Xxivk begin recording. "Ah, vid-host. Excccelent to be sssssseeing you again. You may keep your screams to a minimum thiss time. I will protect you," she says good-naturedly. She looks into the camera and frames her face with her two open hands, pantomiming screaming. "The Analog Affair? Ugh. That android has a few circuitsssss loosssse. Though I admire his violence subroutines and their enthusiasm. Be grateful I am here to protect you, instead of him."


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove

When Bega gets within five feet of the airlock, his comm unit chimes. Inside his cheek pouch. A holographic display appears just outside his cheeks, the blue glow of a voice wavegraph bobbing up and down across Bega's nose and whiskers.

Welcome, Bega Awar, Pilot, Rating 1. Voiceprint required before you may access this Starfinder Society Pegasus-class explorer.

Voiceprint required...
Voiceprint required...
Voiceprint required...

LATER, AFTER BOARDING THE VESSEL...

Upon boarding the ship, called the Loreseeker, the team settles in. Bega finds the bridge easily. The vessel is clean, but worn. All is in good shape, but the Society's exploratory starships see a lot of use. And they certainly haven't assigned one of the newest to this crew.

Of the two common starship types, the Society's Pegasus-class explorer variant emphasizes speed and provides a suite of supportive options. It is less armed than a Drake-class transport, another Society workhorse, but it employs improved sensors and a host of ready expansion bays. This makes the Pegasus ideal for missions where starship support will be equally as valuable as combat capabilities.

From this, the team recognizes that their mission will be primarily exploration. Or perhaps the Society is mobilizing a large force and all the better armed ships are assigned elsewhere.

Loreseeker details:

STARFINDER SOCIETY PEGASUS TIER 2
Medium explorer
Speed 10; Maneuverability good (turn 1); Drift 1

AC 12; TL 12
HP 55; DT —; CT 11

Shields basic 40 (forward 10, port 10, starboard 10, aft 10)
Attack (Forward) light laser cannon (2d4)
Attack (Port) light laser cannon (2d4)
Attack (Starboard) light laser cannon (2d4)
Attack (Turret) coilgun (4d4)

Power Core Pulse Green (150 PCU); Drift Engine Signal Basic; Systems basic medium-range sensors, crew quarters (good), mk 1 duonode computer, mk 2 armor, mk 2 defenses; Expansion Bays cargo hold, escape pods, science lab, tech workshop

Modifiers +1 to any two checks per round, +2
Computers, +1 Piloting; Complement 4–7

The Loreseeker's psuedo-personality pings the bridge when the rest of the fleet seems to be leaving and advises a departure.

Destination: Enereth system in the Vast. Drift coordinates 457857W-989N-421*B. Departure window for coincident arrival with Society Exploration Fleet Expedition 02-03WW is closing.

Please depart now...
Please depart now...
Please depart now...

CULTURE skill checks for Enereth System, please.


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove

Official starship roles are not necessary at this juncture. Starship combat will be much later. Image of the Loreseeker included in Google doc Maps & Handouts link in my profile line.

Wayfinders

Male Damaya Lashunta Envoy 3 (SP 18/18, HP 22/22, RP 3/3; EAC 16, KAC 16; F +1, R +5, W +4; Init +2; [dice=Azimuth Laser Pistol]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d4+1[/dice] [dice=Frag Grenade! ]1d20+2[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

Xxivk starts tapping on his commlink.

”Hmmm...what do I know about the Enereth System...”

Cultures: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 11 + (3) = 23


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove

Dataweb Search...terms: "Enereth" "Enereth System"

searching...
searching...
searching...

Here are your results. Thank you for using GuidanceLore, an advertising-supported data service of Starfinder Society DataCorp LLC.

ARE YOUR EXPLORATION BOOTS SMELLY? USE GARA-SOLVENT, A LICENSED PRODUCT OF ABADARCORP PHARMACEUTICALS! NEVER BOTHER YOUR FELLOW STARFINDERS WITH YOUR SMELL AGAIN! ONE SHOT IS ALL IT TAKES! BUY NOW!

Search terms: Enereth, Enereth System; also showing Enereth-7, blackhole world, blackhole planet

Enereth System in the Vast <coordinates unavailable> is an anomalous star system composed of a G-type star (universal star coding XXHD7-G), a single planet (designation: Enereth-7), and a blackhole (subtype coding YYHT-9ALPHA)... <click to read more>

PACTNEWSFEED: Non-aligned exploration vessel discovers planet in strange orbit at the event horizon of a blackhole. Initial far-system scans indicate planet habitable... <click to read more>

VASTNEWS: Precariously balanced planet between blackhole and star appears habitable! Xenophysics Consortium planning exploration. Thesis applications flood in to Consortium... <click to read more>

XENONET: Xeno Consortium expedition to "blackhole world" cancelled. Separately, massive new research complex announced by normally cash-strapped Consortium... <click to read more>

CRAIGSNET/WANTED/STARSHIPS/: Exploration frames or frame variants wanted. Pegasus-class or variants preferred; propulsion systems critical; must be able to withstand extreme blackhole-like gravity conditions. Drake-class transports or variants less preferred, but will examine offers. <submit schematics and pricing to local address KKSHIR78-76G-JHTQA3>

SUS-LOG: ALL THE NEWS THE CORP-MEDIA DOESN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW! Is the Starfinder Society preparing another murderous expedition to the Scoured Stars? Will we see another bloodbath in the Pact World System due to the reckless Dataseekers & Gloryhound Society? This sentient says, YES! AND SOON! Disaster will certainly strike, but not before the irresponsible Starfinder Society blasts all of its critical personnel into the Vast on the huge fleet of exploratory starships it has been amassing, according to expert and confirmed anonymous sources within the Lorespire Complex! <click here to buy emergency rations for the impending catastrophe!>

Wayfinders

Male Damaya Lashunta Envoy 3 (SP 18/18, HP 22/22, RP 3/3; EAC 16, KAC 16; F +1, R +5, W +4; Init +2; [dice=Azimuth Laser Pistol]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d4+1[/dice] [dice=Frag Grenade! ]1d20+2[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

Xxivk searches the local area for the team’s commlinks and drops the search results to everyone.

”Here’s what I’ve been able to dig up about where we are heading. Looks like you WILL get to fly near a blackhole, Bega. And from the looks of all the groups looking to explore this new planet, you may even get to race!”

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Priest / 3rd
Stats:
SP: 21/21, HP: 24/24, RP: 4/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +6 | Init +1, BS, V30' | [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Spell]1d20+3[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d6[/dice][dice=Mystic Cure]1d8+3[/dice]

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Responding to Xxivk, "Hmmmmm, Seems like you did not turn up anything and just confirmed the little we already knew. It is a habitable world near a blackhole. Guess we just explore and record anything of interest."

"Bega, do you know how long the journey will take?"


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove

Travel Time? Piloting DC10:
Due to the lack of drift beacons in the region of the Enereth System, the travel time to Enereth-7 is difficult to ascertain. This is a standard problem with the Vast. Fewer Drift beacons mean more time and more ETA variance. The rest of the expedition fleet would probably arrive before you, given that the Loreseeker's Drift engine is a pretty basic model, compared to bigger, more expensive ships that the leaders of the expedition are likely on. It will likely take somewhere between 1-4 days, assuming no encounters within the Drift.

After 36 hours of Drift travel, the pseudo-personality of the Loreseeker announces on the ship's address system, PREPARE FOR DRIFT EXIT. PREPARE FOR DRIFT EXIT.

If Bega is still on the bridge, the Loreseeker's soft feminine voice asks, Would you like to take manual control to drop out of Drift? Or shall I implement standard Drift exit procedures?

When the Loreseeker cycles down its Drift engine, the deep thrumming RRRWWWRRRWWWRRRWWWRRR, omnipresent for the past 36 hours, ceases and a wide, kaleidoscopic window in the drab grey-pink of the Drift appears and the Loreseeker plunges through, back into the blackness and starlit backdrop of Normal Space.

Before the crew stretches a blue and reddish orb: Enereth-7. Its star dominates the nearby spacescape, but in the distance can be seen a vast black spot, encircled by swirling plasma, that occludes the stars behind it.

Wayfinders

NG (male) Ysoki (nograv) Operative 1 |SP 8/8, HP 8/8, RP 4/5|EAC 15, KAC 16|F +2 (+6 v. rad), R +6, W +2|Init +5|DV60'|[Dice=Harmonic Dirge Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Sonic dmg]1d3[/Dice] [Dice=Subzero Hail Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Cold/Piercing dmg]1d4[/Dice] |Speed 30|Active Conditions: none

Bega bounces up and down with anticipation. "A Pegasus-class vessel rated to withstand blackhole gravity? Jackpot!" he thinks.

He steps up to the controls, takes a seat, straps in, and checks the controls. Assuming that Loreseeker is spun up and ready to go, Bega plots a course to Enreth-7. If not, he gets the ship ready, then plots the course.

Piloting: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Once the course is plotted, he looks around to see if one of the floating cameras catches will catch the start of this glorious expedition!

Whether or not there is, time is of the essence, so he calls out, "Ready everyone?"

Not really waiting for a response. He initiates any undocking procedure. When the ship is safely away from Absalom Station, he quietly says to himself, "Hotova divchyna? I shchur natyskaye knopku!"

Ysoki:
"Ready girl? And the rat pushes the button."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG (male) Ysoki (nograv) Operative 1 |SP 8/8, HP 8/8, RP 4/5|EAC 15, KAC 16|F +2 (+6 v. rad), R +6, W +2|Init +5|DV60'|[Dice=Harmonic Dirge Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Sonic dmg]1d3[/Dice] [Dice=Subzero Hail Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Cold/Piercing dmg]1d4[/Dice] |Speed 30|Active Conditions: none

During the trip, Bega tests to see if Loreseeker understands Ysoki. If it does, he gives the ship commands in that language. If not, he uses Pact-tongue.

Loreseeker wrote:
If Bega is still on the bridge, the Loreseeker's soft feminine voice asks, Would you like to take manual control to drop out of Drift? Or shall I implement standard Drift exit procedures?

Bega nearly wets himself with excitement and calls out, "Manual!" without thinking it through.

Taking manual control, he looks for the rest of the exploration fleet and steers Loreseeker toward it.

Piloting: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

He engages the ship's intercom system, "Gentlebeings, we have arrived at our destination. Brace for possible sudden maneuvers, there be black holes here!"

Bega then uses the ship's sensor systems to see what he can learn about the system that wasn't in Xxivk's data dump.

Computers: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove

THE MISSION BRIEFING

Within only minutes of the Loreseeker dropping out of the Drift, a holographic message arrives, clearly recorded in advance and set to ping the Loreseeker when it arrives.

Starfinders, Venture-Captain Arvin here. Welcome to Enereth-7, a world that by all logic shouldn’t exist. The planet is the sole survivor of this solar system, precariously balanced between the sun and a black hole. Yes, you heard that right: a black hole maintains relative orbit in sync with Enereth-7, but appears to have no adverse effects on the world or the distant sun. As you might suspect, this is of extreme interest to the Starfinder Society, and you’re all here as part of a task force to discover what’s happening in this system.

The Society bought exploration rights from the Xenophysics Consortium and assembled this fleet that you see in orbit now. We've dispatched several starship crews to explore and map several regions of the planet, already. We've detected intermittent low frequency radio emissions from Enereth-7 since our arrival, but our current orbit makes these signals difficult to isolate from the background noise of the nearby black hole.

Plot a course into the planet’s atmosphere, and locate the source of these signals. Orbital scans haven’t detected any technology on the surface, but this could lead to a discovery about geological events, a distress beacon from a crashed ship, or even some clue about how this strange world works. In other words, keep an open mind and be prepared for anything.

The Loreseeker's soft, melodious voice chimes in after the mission briefing ends, I am sorry, pilot Bega, but standard autopilot protocols prevent me from piloting the ship within atmosphere. But I can deploy sensor arrays, if you wish to begin scans once you've piloted the Loreseeker to your desired altitude.

Piloting checks, please, to drop the Loreseeker into high-atmo orbit.

Computer checks, please, to triangulate the signal. You may add the Loreseeker's bonuses to your rolls.


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove
Bega Awar wrote:
During the trip, Bega tests to see if Loreseeker understands Ysoki. If it does, he gives the ship commands in that language. If not, he uses Pact-tongue.

Konechno, ya govoryu na Ysoki. Vse tsivilizovannyye zvezdoloty delayut psevdo-lichnosti. Dolzhen li ya obratit'sya ko vsey komande v Ysoki, ili tol'ko vy, pilot Bega?

Wayfinders

NG (male) Ysoki (nograv) Operative 1 |SP 8/8, HP 8/8, RP 4/5|EAC 15, KAC 16|F +2 (+6 v. rad), R +6, W +2|Init +5|DV60'|[Dice=Harmonic Dirge Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Sonic dmg]1d3[/Dice] [Dice=Subzero Hail Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Cold/Piercing dmg]1d4[/Dice] |Speed 30|Active Conditions: none

Can I use the rolls I posted while you were typing, or should I reroll?


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove
Bega Awar wrote:
Can I use the rolls I posted while you were typing, or should I reroll?

Yes, but pick one. Not both. Im assuming you’ll pilot?

Wayfinders

NG (male) Ysoki (nograv) Operative 1 |SP 8/8, HP 8/8, RP 4/5|EAC 15, KAC 16|F +2 (+6 v. rad), R +6, W +2|Init +5|DV60'|[Dice=Harmonic Dirge Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Sonic dmg]1d3[/Dice] [Dice=Subzero Hail Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Cold/Piercing dmg]1d4[/Dice] |Speed 30|Active Conditions: none
GM Derek wrote:
Bega Awar wrote:
Can I use the rolls I posted while you were typing, or should I reroll?
Yes, but pick one. Not both. Im assuming you’ll pilot?

Yes, and with the ship's bonus that will be 23.

Wayfinders

NG (male) Ysoki (nograv) Operative 1 |SP 8/8, HP 8/8, RP 4/5|EAC 15, KAC 16|F +2 (+6 v. rad), R +6, W +2|Init +5|DV60'|[Dice=Harmonic Dirge Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Sonic dmg]1d3[/Dice] [Dice=Subzero Hail Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Cold/Piercing dmg]1d4[/Dice] |Speed 30|Active Conditions: none
Loreseeker wrote:
Konechno, ya govoryu na Ysoki. Vse tsivilizovannyye zvezdoloty delayut psevdo-lichnosti. Dolzhen li ya obratit'sya ko vsey komande v Ysoki, ili tol'ko vy, pilot Bega?

"Tilʹky ya, budʹ laska!" Bega replies.

Ysoki:
"Just me, please!


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove
Bega Awar wrote:
Loreseeker wrote:
Konechno, ya govoryu na Ysoki. Vse tsivilizovannyye zvezdoloty delayut psevdo-lichnosti. Dolzhen li ya obratit'sya ko vsey komande v Ysoki, ili tol'ko vy, pilot Bega?

"Tilʹky ya, budʹ laska!" Bega replies.

** spoiler omitted **

Akh, vybachte. YA prypuskav, shcho stantsiya Absalom-dialekt, a ne Sunʹ-Yosoki. YA vypravyv svoyu pomylku, replies the Loreseeker’s pseudo-personality.


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove
Bega Awar wrote:
GM Derek wrote:
Bega Awar wrote:
Can I use the rolls I posted while you were typing, or should I reroll?
Yes, but pick one. Not both. Im assuming you’ll pilot?
Yes, and with the ship's bonus that will be 23.

Bega deftly pilots the Loreseeker into a high-atmo orbit, keeping the ship steady, despite the buffeting winds and weird magnetic (?) turbulence.

Wayfinders

Male Damaya Lashunta Envoy 3 (SP 18/18, HP 22/22, RP 3/3; EAC 16, KAC 16; F +1, R +5, W +4; Init +2; [dice=Azimuth Laser Pistol]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d4+1[/dice] [dice=Frag Grenade! ]1d20+2[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

Xxvik walks on to the bridge after spending a good part of the journey in the relaxation suite.

It might be an older model suite, but it sure does a relaxing Castrovelian tropical retreat.

Xxvik takes a look at out the viewport.

"I guess we made it. Look at that view! Time for a quick recording."

Xxvik sets his camera levitating again and addresses it with the view of Enereth-7 behind him.

"Hello Drifters! We have finally made it to our destination. The Society kept us in the dark about our exact mission until we arrived. We are to explore this amazing planet below and discover its secrets! To top it off, there is a mysterious signal coming from the planet!

Will there be new species to make peaceful contact with or hostile constructs who wish to destroy us for daring to visit their planet? Who knows?!? But we are about to find out! Stay tuned as we begin our descent on to Enereth-7!"

Turning to Bega in the pilot's seat.

"Take us down easy, Mr. Awar."

Xxvik slides into the science station seat, still recording...

"I'm going to see if we can find the location of this mysterious signal. Let's see what this ships scanners can do..."

Computers: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23

After experiencing the smooth descent into the atmosphere courtesy of Bega, Xxvik comments.

"Very nice piloting, Bega. I'm pretty impressed at your skill for a newbie. Hopefully, this mission will go as smoothly as this ride."

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Priest / 3rd
Stats:
SP: 21/21, HP: 24/24, RP: 4/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +6 | Init +1, BS, V30' | [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Spell]1d20+3[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d6[/dice][dice=Mystic Cure]1d8+3[/dice]

Ve'Shek walks onto the bridge amongst all of the commotion. Hmmmm, we are here? Quite a smooth transition but a bit anticlimactic. We need something to pick up the mood. How about some Strawberry Machine Cake!

Ve'Shek grabs his Comm Unit & plays a song from the latest Star Sugar Heartlove album.

Played to the tune of "Hey, Hey We're the Monkees"

♫ Here we come,
Jettin' down the hall
We get the sunniest looks from
Anyone at all
We’re Strawberry Machine Cake!
And people say we may be too sweet
But we're too busy singing
Huggin’ evr’yone we meet!
We tour any planet we want to
Do what we like to do
We don't have time to get cranky
There's always something new
We’re Strawberry Machine Cake!
And people say we may be too sweet
But we're too busy singing
Huggin’ evr’yone we meet!
We're just tryin' to be friendly
Come and watch us sing and play
We're from Absalom Station
And we've got something to say
Any time,
Or anywhere
Check the cams in your spy drone
Guess who'll be standing there
We’re Strawberry Machine Cake!
And people say we may be too sweet
But we're too busy singing
Huggin’ evr’yone we meet! ♫
[break]
♫ We’re Strawberry Machine Cake!
And people say we may be too sweet
But we're too busy singing
Huggin’ evr’yone we meet!
We're just tryin' to be friendly
Come and watch us sing and play
We're from Absalom Station
And we've got something to say
We’re Strawberry Machine Cake!
We’re Strawberry Machine Cake! ♫
[repeat and fade]

Ve'Sheks antennae bounce in rhythm to the song as he looks onto what tasks the others are doing.

Wayfinders

NG (male) Ysoki (nograv) Operative 1 |SP 8/8, HP 8/8, RP 4/5|EAC 15, KAC 16|F +2 (+6 v. rad), R +6, W +2|Init +5|DV60'|[Dice=Harmonic Dirge Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Sonic dmg]1d3[/Dice] [Dice=Subzero Hail Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Cold/Piercing dmg]1d4[/Dice] |Speed 30|Active Conditions: none

Bega grins widely at the compliment from the famous vid star, on camera no less! His pointy rodent teeth have remnants of a food-vend wrapper in them, though, ruining the effect.

He tries to keep his attention on piloting, but Strawberry Machine Cake is his favorite from when he was just a little yoski scrounging on the streets of the Burning Archipelago two years ago. He taps a claw against the console in front of him in time with the music.

"Uh, guys, there is something weird going on in the atmosphere here. Not just wind, but something pulling at the ship. Maybe an unusual magnetic field? I guess it could be an effect of the black hole. Can someone look into it? For now I'm holding against it, but it would be helpful to know what it is."

Wayfinders

NG (male) Ysoki (nograv) Operative 1 |SP 8/8, HP 8/8, RP 4/5|EAC 15, KAC 16|F +2 (+6 v. rad), R +6, W +2|Init +5|DV60'|[Dice=Harmonic Dirge Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Sonic dmg]1d3[/Dice] [Dice=Subzero Hail Pistol]1d20+4[/Dice][Dice=Cold/Piercing dmg]1d4[/Dice] |Speed 30|Active Conditions: none
Loremaster wrote:
"Akh, vybachte. YA prypuskav, shcho stantsiya Absalom-dialekt, a ne Sunʹ-Yosoki. YA vypravyv svoyu pomylku."

"YA rozumiyu. Ne perezhyvay!" Bega replies.

Ysoki:
"I understand. No worries!"


Obozaya grits her teeth as she listens to Strawberry Machine Cake.

I gotta get off this ship. If I must listen to that fecal dropping music, I may kill Ve'Shek.

Obozaya quietly taps out a request for reassignment, as soon as possible. She transmits it to Venture Captain Arvin , who is a fellow hater of Strawberry Machine Cake.

I understand completely. Stand by for evacuation from a musically hostile environment, comes the immediate response from the Venture Captain.

Soon, a shuttle appears and offloads a replacement for the cringing Vesk.

"So, sorry, but uh... I believe I'm needed elsewhere," she says and then beats a hasty retreat into the departing shuttle.


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove

Before the shuttle door closes, out steps an android, ready to join in with the crew.

Mike, introduce your PC, eh?


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove
Ve'Shek wrote:

Ve'Shek walks onto the bridge amongst all of the commotion. Hmmmm, we are here? Quite a smooth transition but a bit anticlimactic. We need something to pick up the mood. How about some Strawberry Machine Cake!

Ve'Shek grabs his Comm Unit & plays a song from the latest Star Sugar Heartlove album.

If you wish, I have a full complement of Strawberry Machine Cake's musical stylings in my memory banks, if you'd like to listen to them while on this expedition, says the melodious voice of the Loreseeker's pseudo-personality.

Xxvik wrote:

Xxvik slides into the science station seat, still recording... "I'm going to see if we can find the location of this mysterious signal. Let's see what this ships scanners can do..."

Computers: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23

The nearby singularity and the signal's low intensity make it difficult to isolate from various radio echoes. Xxvik, the smart sound man that he is, realizes that networking the Loreseeker's computer with other Starfinder ships nearby will allow him to pinpoint the radio source. Upon doing so, his analysis reveals that the signal is originating on an island chain in the norther hemisphere. Challenge 1: Triangulation - CHECK!

There's something strange in the signal, though.

DC16 Engineering or Profession (electrician):
By tuning the ship's sensors to isolate the modulated audio signal, a hauntingly beautiful song can be heard clearly. It is certainly not Strawberry Machine Cake.

DC18 Culture or Profession (mathematician), anybody? If somebody succeeded in the above DC16 Engineering check, they may also use Profession (musician) for THIS check.

Acquisitives

Male Android Scholar Technomancer 1 (SP 4/6, HP 9/9, RP 3/4; EAC 13, KAC 14; F +1, R +2, W +3; Init +2; Darkvision 60'; [dice=Tactical Baton]1d20+2[/dice] [dice=azimuth Laser Pistol]1d20+2[/dice]

Slowly turning his head as the Vesk quickly rushes past him, he brings his blank eyes around to face the remaining crew.

"Hello fellow Starfinders. I was re-assigned to your crew. I am Utility Protagonist. You may call me Utility Protagonist."

There is nothing incredibly remarkable about his appearance. Pretty standard for an Android. He is only lightly armored, has a back pack filled with gear. A tactical baton and laser pistol are at his waist.

"I look forward to being filled in on our mission at hand. I am still getting comfortable in this new body but I am ready to assist where I can"

Wayfinders

Male Damaya Lashunta Envoy 3 (SP 18/18, HP 22/22, RP 3/3; EAC 16, KAC 16; F +1, R +5, W +4; Init +2; [dice=Azimuth Laser Pistol]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d4+1[/dice] [dice=Frag Grenade! ]1d20+2[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

Xxivk listens to the details of the sound.

”Have I heard something similar to this before?”

Culture: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 11 + (2) = 14

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Priest / 3rd
Stats:
SP: 21/21, HP: 24/24, RP: 4/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +6 | Init +1, BS, V30' | [dice=Telekinetic Projectile Spell]1d20+3[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d6[/dice][dice=Mystic Cure]1d8+3[/dice]

Thinking to himself, "Hmmmmm, if I ever come across rampaging Vesk then all I have to do is play a little Strawberry Machine Cake to get them to turn tail and beat it. Interesting..."

Shaking his head, "Well, so much for our muscle."

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Does the signal have a code, music or voices?

"Greetings Utility Protagonist. Hopefully you will not run from a little music like the Vesk?"


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove
Ve'Shek wrote:

Thinking to himself, "Hmmmmm, if I ever come across rampaging Vesk then all I have to do is play a little Strawberry Machine Cake to get them to turn tail and beat it. Interesting..."

Shaking his head, "Well, so much for our muscle."

[dice=Culture]1d20+8

Does the signal have a code, music or voices?

"Greetings Utility Protagonist. Hopefully you will not run from a little music like the Vesk?"

LOL!


PbP Intro Slides |Roderic's Cove

Ve'Shek certainly made the Culture check. Just waiting for an Engineering check or two... if not, we'll move on with the results of Ve'Shek's check.

Wayfinders

Male Damaya Lashunta Envoy 3 (SP 18/18, HP 22/22, RP 3/3; EAC 16, KAC 16; F +1, R +5, W +4; Init +2; [dice=Azimuth Laser Pistol]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d4+1[/dice] [dice=Frag Grenade! ]1d20+2[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

Xxvik is surprised by the impromptu the personnel change. He runs to the airlock as the shuttle starts pulling away.

"Wait!!! Don't leave Obozaya! I NEED YOU!!!"

Xxvik's body slumps as he sees that the shuttle isn't turning around. He puts his hand on the viewport of the airlock dejectedly.

"Bye Obozai...you were my only hope..."

As Xxvik turns away from the airlock, he takes stock of the newcomer.

"Hey..." he says solemnly. "So your the guy taking her place?

You look much smaller than she was. I hope you at least have some helpful skills since you obviously don't have the muscle.

Do you know anything about Engineering?"

Roll that engineering check, Utility Protagonist!

1 to 50 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Derek's SFS 02-03 The Withering World All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.