An Old and Broken World

Game Master Simeon

Adventures in the post-apocalyptic wasteland known as the Barrens.


301 to 350 of 350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Fella. No thanks. Not into racin'.
Stats:
Int: +5; AC: 19/ Touch 15/ FF 14; Hp's 34; Perc: +9; Fort: +7/Ref: +7/Will: +7

Looking to the druid blankly, "Nobody's. Eatin'. Nobody," he simply repeats. He then digs through his pack and picks out a vial, handing it to him. "Here. Take this. It'll help better'n a few bandages." Potion of CLW.


Small LG Kobold Wizard 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3| BAB: +1, CMB: -2, CMD: 11, | Init: +3 | Perc: -1 | Speed 35ft |

"Ha ha! Well done y'all! If Ah'm right, an' Ah usually am, that shud be all of 'em. Keep 'er wrapped up and let's take a moment to sift through our spoils." The kobold takes a seat on one of the nearby crates.

He withdraws a small package from his belongings and gives it a sniff. With a satisfied smile, Sprig opens the package of tobacco and begins to roll himself a cigar. "Y'all want a cigar? 'taint nuttin' better after a job well done. Ah got enough for everyone, though yew gotta roll yer own."

Stuffing the hand-rolled stogie into his teeth, the kobold snaps his fingers and produces a magical flame. Soon enough, the little lizard is blowing smoke in his best dragon impression. His reptilian teeth completely ruin the cigar, but Sprig seems to enjoy it anyway.

With a wave of his claw, the kobold once again unearths a five-foot cube. "Let's jes' bury the dead and get t' the money, Ah was promised a payday!"


Female Gnoll Savage 2; HP 24/24; || AC 20 || T 13 || FF 18; Fort +6; Ref +5; Will +1; Init +2; Per +7; SM +7; Stealth +7; CMB +5; CMD 18; Spd 35 ft. Darkvision 60’, Current AC 20/13/18

Brindle looks discomfited as there seens to be tension surrounding the proper division of the spoils.

"I not want to eat Crusha - clearly mutayshun. But shum of the othersh look fine." Brindle lifts a limp limb and lets it drop again by way of example.

"No thank you for shiggar, Sh...Sprig."

Brindle's dismay accumulates and hunger pangs throb in her belly as it becomes clear the dead are to be wasted. She begins to ransack the buildings looking for protein - animals or other carcasses.


Small LG Kobold Wizard 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3| BAB: +1, CMB: -2, CMD: 11, | Init: +3 | Perc: -1 | Speed 35ft |

" 'Is alright Brimdall. Ah got somethin' you might like too." The gnoll was clearly starting to hunger and Sprig was not too keen to be lunch.

He opens a specially prepared bag and produces some reasonably well preserved meat. The little lizard offers it o the much larger gnoll. Sprig decides it best to not mention that he usually feeds this to his dogs.

"How about when we get back, Ah treat you t' some proper food. Yew just gotta try th' wonders of civilization!" Sprig says with his best crocodile smile.


Male Half-Elf NG Halcyon Druid 3 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | 11/27 hp | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5;| Init +2 | Percep +10 | CMD 14

"Thank you, Casey," Saraon replies, drinking the offered potion. "I am in your debt."

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 ⇒ 3

He then moves to assist the others in interring the dead, turning down Sprig's offered cigar.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

The party is able to go through and search the encampment. Though much of the bandit's gear is mundane and mostly worthless, some items are of interest. The pistols wielded by the bandits are crude and generally useless, though twenty bullets are salvageable. Svedka carries a finely crafted battleaxe with a rusted and jagged edge, and the priestess carries a small container of face paint that radiates magic.

Scattered between the bandit priestess, Svedka, and a rusty safe in Svedka's quarters, the party finds 200 gold, along with a pouch containing two opals and a jagged shard of crystal that glows softly in the absence of light.

The storehouse is mostly empty, though three large bags of animal feed are still fit for consumption, and a crate full of presumably stolen items has a few things of value, being a simple icon of Haexius, the patron of soldiers among the Fallen Gods, and a wood carving of a two-headed mule.

The bunkhouse is similarly devoid of useful items, though the small kitchen does have some food in it, specifically a bag of some sort of jerky, a pot of thin stew, and quite a bit of stale hardtack.

Svedka's quarters contains several items as well. Sitting by her bed is a silver locket with a sketch two dwarf women arm in arm, the smiling face of one being identifiable as Svedka. There is also a letter sitting on a desk that reads, "S. Meet at Iron Tree, eight days. Bring package. -Q" With it is a small bundle of cloth tied with rough twine.


Female Gnoll Savage 2; HP 24/24; || AC 20 || T 13 || FF 18; Fort +6; Ref +5; Will +1; Init +2; Per +7; SM +7; Stealth +7; CMB +5; CMD 18; Spd 35 ft. Darkvision 60’, Current AC 20/13/18

Brindle sits forlorn on the threshold of Svedka's quarters, slightly mollified by Sprig's provender.

"Theez folk are worshe off than my people. They have no food, no children, no lore. I pity them."


Male Half-Elf NG Halcyon Druid 3 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | 11/27 hp | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5;| Init +2 | Percep +10 | CMD 14

Saraon nods at Brindle's words.

"It's why they decided to go out and rob others. No food, so they took from others to feed themselves, not caring if those they took from starved. No children, so they had no future and nothing to lose, living from meal to meal. No lore, so they had no pride in who they are and nothing to bind them to others in the world."

He crosses his arms.

"Those are problems my Circle, the Halcyon Circle, are trying to fix. Healing the land, so that none may starve again. Unearthing the wisdom of the past and sharing it with the people so they learn what unites us all and do not repeat the mistakes of the past. Make the world safe, so we may bequeath it to our children, along with the greatest gift of all...a future."


Female Gnoll Savage 2; HP 24/24; || AC 20 || T 13 || FF 18; Fort +6; Ref +5; Will +1; Init +2; Per +7; SM +7; Stealth +7; CMB +5; CMD 18; Spd 35 ft. Darkvision 60’, Current AC 20/13/18

Brindle looks up, her gaze blinded a little by the harsh sun, but hope has kindled in her eyes.

"Your sherkle is wize...Syaryon. Let us work together to reclaim thish future from thoze who would defile and leave it childless."


Small LG Kobold Wizard 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3| BAB: +1, CMB: -2, CMD: 11, | Init: +3 | Perc: -1 | Speed 35ft |

"Well said Saraon. Tain't nobody becomin' bandits 'cause they want to." Sprig says, cigar still in his mouth. Taking measure of each of the people around him, the kobold swallows his cigar and continues to speak.

"Y'all seem like decent, upstandin' folk. Even you Bas." Sprig says with a wink. "Ah suppose Ah can trust yah with my real plan. The caravan, well it's just th' means to an end. Mah talents 'ave never been in the grown' or planting, but Ah've been searching for a certain alchemical formula, one that can grow a tree in th' blink of an eye. Th' last four years I've built up capital an' materials so Ah may discover the secrets of life. It's my dream t' one day see the fields of green Ah've only heard in th' stories."

Much like when they first met, Sprig offers Saraon a claw to shake. Though this time his expression is much more serious. "I believe our methods may be different, but our goals are the same. What'd yew say we work together t' change this old and broken world?"


Male Half-Elf NG Halcyon Druid 3 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | 11/27 hp | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5;| Init +2 | Percep +10 | CMD 14

Saraon lifts up his mask, revealing his comely half-elven features to the others for the first time, surprise clear on his face.

"Your frame may be small, master Snaggletooth, but you have an ambition to match that of the greatest of the Old Dragons!"

He eagerly shakes Sprig's claw.

"You've an ally in me, and perhaps even a friend."

He welcomes Brindle over to join in.


Female Gnoll Savage 2; HP 24/24; || AC 20 || T 13 || FF 18; Fort +6; Ref +5; Will +1; Init +2; Per +7; SM +7; Stealth +7; CMB +5; CMD 18; Spd 35 ft. Darkvision 60’, Current AC 20/13/18

Brindle smiles a lopsided snarl.

"Yeszh. What shay you Cayshee, Ralrae? I know you look for tribe Bash - let ush make common cawzh." the gnoll reaches out an encompassing arm.


Fella. No thanks. Not into racin'.
Stats:
Int: +5; AC: 19/ Touch 15/ FF 14; Hp's 34; Perc: +9; Fort: +7/Ref: +7/Will: +7

Casey looks over at the gnoll stoically before looking to the others, his toothpick giving off an air as if the cowboy's in thought. Looking back to the gnoll, he gives her a firm nod, probably the closest thing to a handshake the drifter has ever given.


Legendary Gunslinger 3 | HP: 14 | AC: 19 | FF: 16 | TAC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Tiefling Init: +3 | Per: +9 | DV 60' | Grit: 3/3 | Speed 30'

Ralrae cocks his head to the side, giving Sprig a sidelong look. " 'Ell of a plan you've got there, Sprig. Very ambitious, and quite a noble cause. I can't say I'm too interested in the end, but the means to get there might get interestin' indeed. I've just got a bit of a business scavenging things... assuming that there's still things to pick up along the way, I'm game." Ralrae does not have anything against the idea of putting effort towards improving others lives, but he's a bit more focused on his own here and now to worry too much about these unknown others' futures.


Male Half-Elf NG Halcyon Druid 3 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | 11/27 hp | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5;| Init +2 | Percep +10 | CMD 14

Saraon smiles at Casey and Ralrae before pulling his mask back down over his face.

"So...shall we discuss what we have found?"


Small LG Kobold Wizard 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3| BAB: +1, CMB: -2, CMD: 11, | Init: +3 | Perc: -1 | Speed 35ft |

The kobold nodded. "It's always good t' have men of action on our team. There's plenty o' times a quick trigger an' a sure shot can solve problems."

Sprig takes it upon himself to inspect the various gemstones they've gathered so far. He peers through them looking for imperfections. The lizard also gives a few an experimental lick.

Appraise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
We got four generic gems, two opals and that shining crystal

Treasure so far:
513 gold in assorted coin
Longsword, Harry’s Special
Four gems
Silver locket
Cloth package
2 Opals
Shining crystal
Fine Battle-axe
20 bullets
Magical Face Paint
Three bags animal feed
Haexius Icon
Wood carving of a two headed mule
Bag of jerky
Poor quality weapons we weren't interested in


Male Half-Elf NG Halcyon Druid 3 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | 11/27 hp | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5;| Init +2 | Percep +10 | CMD 14

Saraon's eyes fall at the images in the locket when they observe it.

"It seems not all of these bandits lacked connections to others. Whoever this 'Q' is, learning of Svedka's fate will likely bring her great grief. Either way, we should probably show Old Pete this note and package...it seems the bandits may be up to something more than just trying to survive."


Male Human Level 2 scavenger rogue / Level 1 Fighter HP 13/26 F+5/R+8/W+1 Perception+6

knowledge local bandits: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
For this Q person, and nope no clue i think *lawls*

He frowned at the letter while they gathered things. Maybe he had been gone too long from the bandits but he was trying to make sense of who this Q was, where this iron tree was, or what could be the package spoken of. His eyes finally caught sight of a small bundle of cloth tied with rough twine.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Before opening it he took the time to really glance about, looking for anything in it that might be dangerous before he finally opened it up to see what might be inside.


Female Gnoll Savage 2; HP 24/24; || AC 20 || T 13 || FF 18; Fort +6; Ref +5; Will +1; Init +2; Per +7; SM +7; Stealth +7; CMB +5; CMD 18; Spd 35 ft. Darkvision 60’, Current AC 20/13/18

Survival/Lore: Gnolls of the Highlands: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Brindle searches her mind for any mention of this Iron Tree, from stories of the wastelands to her own travels from the tribe.

”How many suns hasz that mishiv been there? Could be tomorrow...could be neksht week...

Pretty sure the face-paint won’t work on a furry muzzle, so the only thing Brindle wants is the bag of jerky. ;)


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Bas recalls that the Iron Tree is at least related to bandits, having heard mention of it before. He’s not sure of anything else.

Brindle, likewise, knows nothing about this Iron Tree.

Unwrapping the bundle, Bas finds a silver disc about six inches wide inscribed with precise, angular patterns.


Female Gnoll Savage 2; HP 24/24; || AC 20 || T 13 || FF 18; Fort +6; Ref +5; Will +1; Init +2; Per +7; SM +7; Stealth +7; CMB +5; CMD 18; Spd 35 ft. Darkvision 60’, Current AC 20/13/18

Do the patterns correspond to constellations? About the only thing Brindle might recognise...


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Unfortunately not.


Small LG Kobold Wizard 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3| BAB: +1, CMB: -2, CMD: 11, | Init: +3 | Perc: -1 | Speed 35ft |

The shining silver catches Sprig's eye. "Toss that thing over 'ere, Bas. Lemme take a quick look at it." Assuming he obliges, the kobold traces the patterns with his claw, trying to remember if he's seen it before.

Knowledge: Arcane: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Not likely...


Male Half-Elf NG Halcyon Druid 3 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | 11/27 hp | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5;| Init +2 | Percep +10 | CMD 14

Saraon looks over Sprig's shoulder at the items and their patterns, wondering if they have any significance in the faiths of the gods, or in local lore.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Saraon knows a decent amount about Haexius. The faithful of the Fallen Gods say that when they still ruled the skies, Haexius was their general. He lead armies against the enemies of humanity but in the final hour of battle, he failed, and was the first of the gods to be cast down.

The two-headed mule is likely just a piece of art. If there is a deeper significance, it's quite obscure.


Legendary Gunslinger 3 | HP: 14 | AC: 19 | FF: 16 | TAC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Tiefling Init: +3 | Per: +9 | DV 60' | Grit: 3/3 | Speed 30'

Ralrae picks himself up to go look over Sprig's shoulder. "Eh. Wonder what all that means. Those bits of lines there... I wonder... I know a bit about a lot, but I'm not sure I recognize those. "

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Ralrae has scavenged for a long time, and run across many different scraps of lore and languages. He is by no means an expert, but he's got a good idea of what he's seen before.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Ralrae knows at an immediate glance that this is a piece of technology. Faint traces of ancient and complex magic still cling to it, though too faded to tell any substantial information.

It lacks an immediately apparent function which suggests that it is part of a larger device.


Male Half-Elf NG Halcyon Druid 3 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | 11/27 hp | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5;| Init +2 | Percep +10 | CMD 14

Saraon gives a small "Hmmmm" as he thinks.

"Followers of the Fallen God Haexius...were they soldiers? Of what army? Is there even anyone in this world who could still muster that kind of a force? Are these but the rumblings of something bigger?" he wonders aloud.


Male Human Level 2 scavenger rogue / Level 1 Fighter HP 13/26 F+5/R+8/W+1 Perception+6

"Bah Bandits gather all sorts of junk and keep it just because it looks neat, or looks like it might be worth something to someone. I mean, sometimes they might find something actually good I guess."

He added somewhat morosely.


Legendary Gunslinger 3 | HP: 14 | AC: 19 | FF: 16 | TAC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Tiefling Init: +3 | Per: +9 | DV 60' | Grit: 3/3 | Speed 30'

"Ey now... Don't be so hasty, Bas. Some of this is actually useful. I'm not sure what this little bit of metal is for, mind you, but I recognize what it is: a part of a much bigger machine, and probably one that draws on ancient magics to power it. I think we ought to be real hesitant about handing that shiny bit to anyone interested in it..." Ralrae says.


Small LG Kobold Wizard 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3| BAB: +1, CMB: -2, CMD: 11, | Init: +3 | Perc: -1 | Speed 35ft |

The lizard shrugs his little shoulders. "Ah can't make scale nor claw of this bauble, but Ah reckon the big cheese 'erself might have more t' say on it. At least tell us more about that other girl. How about we pack up anythin' interestin' and get goin? Ah don't like t' leave mah boys all alone for too long." He hands Ralrae the silver disk and starts packing up.


Male Half-Elf NG Halcyon Druid 3 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | 11/27 hp | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5;| Init +2 | Percep +10 | CMD 14
Ralrae Arkmir wrote:
"Ey now... Don't be so hasty, Bas. Some of this is actually useful. I'm not sure what this little bit of metal is for, mind you, but I recognize what it is: a part of a much bigger machine, and probably one that draws on ancient magics to power it. I think we ought to be real hesitant about handing that shiny bit to anyone interested in it..." Ralrae says.

Saraon nods at Ralrae's explanation.

"That only has me more convinced that these bandits are but the first sign of greater trouble. You have a sharp eye and mind, like the owl, Master Arkmir."

With that, he begins following Sprig to rejoin the caravan back to the town. Old Pete was waiting.


Fella. No thanks. Not into racin'.
Stats:
Int: +5; AC: 19/ Touch 15/ FF 14; Hp's 34; Perc: +9; Fort: +7/Ref: +7/Will: +7

Casey moves over to take a look at the piece of metal. After studying it a moment, he looks up at Ralrae, "Machine huh? That don't sound good. I'd wager somebody's probably lookin' for it. Somebody that might want it a little bit more'n we do. Or maybe a lotta bit more." Turning his gaze to the open land around them, "Might wanna keep our eyes open ... especially when we sleep," he states matter of factly as he heads back with the others.


Female Gnoll Savage 2; HP 24/24; || AC 20 || T 13 || FF 18; Fort +6; Ref +5; Will +1; Init +2; Per +7; SM +7; Stealth +7; CMB +5; CMD 18; Spd 35 ft. Darkvision 60’, Current AC 20/13/18

Brindle listens but has no inkling what a machine might be, nor how it lives. That it is made of metal is frightful enough. Slightly worried, but takng care to hide her anxiety by "smiling" lopsidedly Brindle lopes alongside the caravan as a scout for the journey back to High Gulch.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Will have a post up later today.


Legendary Gunslinger 3 | HP: 14 | AC: 19 | FF: 16 | TAC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Tiefling Init: +3 | Per: +9 | DV 60' | Grit: 3/3 | Speed 30'

"Aye, Casey. The sooner we find out what it is for, the better we can call out who might be wantin' it. Until then... Ah'm thinking we assume everyone wants it for the time being."

Ralrae takes the little bit of metal, and tucks it away in his vest pocket, secured and safe.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

The party leaves the fort, Svedka tied up in tow. When she eventually comes to, she resists, but after realizing the difficult situation she's in, she gives up on trying to escape.

The party heads down the road a ways and find Bill and Big Bill sitting by the wagon, playing a game of cards. Though Big Bill seems to be having a grand time, the large pile of copper coins on Bill's side and the slight and uncharacteristic smile on his face suggests the quiet man is easily winning.

Big Bill jumps up and says, "Boss! You made it!" His eyes and his smile widen when he sees Svedka tied up, "And it seems you dealt with those bandits too." Bill gives a slight nod and says in a slow, deep voice, "Well, I will be damned."

Once the party gets settled back down in the wagon, they set off. The journey to High Gulch is fairly uneventful, though Svedka does try to make a break through it part of the way through the second day, and is swiftly brought back by Bas and Brindle.

Finally, they make it back to High Gulch. Most of the town comes to see the party return, and several break into cheers when they see Svedka tied up.

Pete comes out the meet them and says, "Well by the Gods. You brought justice to those bandits and brought back their leader! I...I reckon we could scrape together a bit more for y'all, work like that's got to be rewarded. So, what'd y'all find over there?"


Fella. No thanks. Not into racin'.
Stats:
Int: +5; AC: 19/ Touch 15/ FF 14; Hp's 34; Perc: +9; Fort: +7/Ref: +7/Will: +7
Ralrae Arkmir wrote:

"Aye, Casey. The sooner we find out what it is for, the better we can call out who might be wantin' it. Until then... Ah'm thinking we assume everyone wants it for the time being."

Ralrae takes the little bit of metal, and tucks it away in his vest pocket, secured and safe.

Casey nods, figuring that's wise thinking.

GM Coyote wrote:
Pete comes out the meet them and says, "Well by the Gods. You brought justice to those bandits and brought back their leader! I...I reckon we could scrape together a bit more for y'all, work like that's got to be rewarded. So, what'd y'all find over there?"

The drifter - staying in back of the others - hears the question but keeps to himself. Keeping the front of his hat tipped down just enough for his eyes to be shaded from the sun, he nonchalantly cuts his vision toward the others, wondering how much information they're going to share with Pete.


Small LG Kobold Wizard 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3| BAB: +1, CMB: -2, CMD: 11, | Init: +3 | Perc: -1 | Speed 35ft |

As they get back into town, Sprig bids his boys farewell for the day."Alright boys, Ah know its good t' be back in town agin, but we still got work t' do. First Ah want y'all t' meet up with Lefty, see how she made out on that big ox. Then we got coffee, citrus and mead t' sell to the local taverns. Take a look around fer any buyers and 'ey treat yerself t' a drink or two, on me." Sprig hands each of them two gold each and waves them off.
-4GP from pocket

Proudly striding up to meet Old Pete, Sprig's smiling from ear to ear. "Whell, yew know me Pete, Ah always get th' job done. Ah gotta say, yew got a real eye for talent, this group's th' best Ah had th' pleasure of workin' with. Giving Ralrae a hard slap on the back, the kobold continues.

"This 'un here almost took 'em all out by hisself! Quite the crack shot, eh?" Sprig laughs good-naturedly before answering Pete's question. "Now it seems t' me these bandits were on hard times, got next t' nothin worthwhile on 'em. Guess it's good we hit 'em now, 'fore they got us. They were probably gearin' up for another raid. Was pretty surprised, they 'ad this big son o' a cuss, almost as big as my wagon! Tain't no match fer the likes o' us tho."

The little lizard belts out another belly laugh as he reaches the end of his report. "As fer that payment, spreadin' the word around's good enough for me. Tain't lookin t' get shot on account o' bein' a lizard anytime soon. But these fellas might like a little somethin', waddya say?" Ever the showman, Sprig gestures to their audience with a twirl of his claws.


Legendary Gunslinger 3 | HP: 14 | AC: 19 | FF: 16 | TAC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Tiefling Init: +3 | Per: +9 | DV 60' | Grit: 3/3 | Speed 30'

Ralrae inclines his head at Sprig's praise. "There were some ups and downs but we got things done. Sprig here turned the tables on the bandits a few times himself, and the rest of the crew here in action is something to see. The odds and ends the bandits had wasn't much; I can't say as how I'd turn down a follow up job offer with a bit more shinies at the end of it... "

Ralrae isn't comfortable being handed all the glory by Sprig, and tries to deflect the praise. He also does not mention the bit of tech and magic in his pocket, deciding that any mention of that should wait for a more private venue.


Male Half-Elf NG Halcyon Druid 3 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | 11/27 hp | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5;| Init +2 | Percep +10 | CMD 14

Wait, Svedka's alive? I posted wrong then. Saraon's statement was that her girlfriend'd be upset that we killed her, but if she's still alive then they can still be reunited!

"I need no such reward myself...pruning the weeds that choked this garden of a town will give it a chance to grow, reward enough for me."

Saraon notices Ralrae's reticence and nods.

"It wasn't much, from a first glance anyway...maybe a glance from another will reveal what we could not see...Pete, would you object to speaking more privately?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

”I’ve no objections to that. Some things are better discussed in private after all.”

The party follows Pete to the sole government building in town, a reasonably sized complex carved out of the canyon wall. Svedka is herded into a jail cell, and the party heads to Pete’s office where he shuts and locks the door behind them.

”So, what’s the news?”


Small LG Kobold Wizard 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3| BAB: +1, CMB: -2, CMD: 11, | Init: +3 | Perc: -1 | Speed 35ft |

"Well, we came across a little somethin' in th' chief's quarters. Seems there's t' be a meetin' between her and some other unsavory character at a place called Iron Tree. Tain't sure what that means, but they sure were keen on retrievin' some bauble. Ralrae, if yew would?" The kobold motions to his surprisingly knowledgable companion to fill in the rest of the story.


Legendary Gunslinger 3 | HP: 14 | AC: 19 | FF: 16 | TAC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Tiefling Init: +3 | Per: +9 | DV 60' | Grit: 3/3 | Speed 30'

Ralrae pulls out the metal chip from his pocket. "We found this attached to a note... I've seen some items like it before. Generally they are keyed to some massive device of ancient origins... A grand treasure indeed if the machine still works! Unfortunately, the ones I've run across were keyed to devices long broken and shattered - worthless trinkets. The bandits interest in this one both concerns me and suggests this contraption may yet be functional."

Ralrae hands the bit of metal over for Pete to inspect, but doesn't take his eye off of it. Pete's a reasonable fellow, and well-liked around town; but Ralrae doesn't trust anyone wholeheartedly, and so he'll watch the probably-valuable artifact until it is returned.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

”The Iron Tree. Hmmm. Now that I think about it, if I remember correctly it’s about a day north of Exchange. Some kinda old ruin, looks like a tree made outta metal. Don’t remember a whole lot else though.”

He pauses for a moment before furrowing his eyebrows and saying, ”If a piece of tech like this is changin’ hands between bandits, I can’t imagine it bodes too well for us.”


Small LG Kobold Wizard 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3| BAB: +1, CMB: -2, CMD: 11, | Init: +3 | Perc: -1 | Speed 35ft |

Sprig shrugs. "Welp, so long as we're th' ones with the key, Ah suppose it can't be so bad. Still, mayhap we should swing over thataways, see what's goin' on. Ah admit, I'm mighty curious. Yew come through fer me with Exchange? It's best they know we're comin'."

The kobold looks around at his companions, trying to gauge their state of fatigue. "Though, I hope yew don't mind if we stick around town a few days, Ah got business t' attend to. 'Sides we could use a little relaxation in between gettin' shot at."


Legendary Gunslinger 3 | HP: 14 | AC: 19 | FF: 16 | TAC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Tiefling Init: +3 | Per: +9 | DV 60' | Grit: 3/3 | Speed 30'

Ralrae cocks his head towards Sprig. "We have some time to be sure, but I suggest having a day or three in Exchange to get the lay of the land. Sounds as though a few days here won't be a problem, but let's not let things get too relaxed, eh?"


Female Gnoll Savage 2; HP 24/24; || AC 20 || T 13 || FF 18; Fort +6; Ref +5; Will +1; Init +2; Per +7; SM +7; Stealth +7; CMB +5; CMD 18; Spd 35 ft. Darkvision 60’, Current AC 20/13/18

Brindle shakes her shaggy mane as her head swings from side to side.

”Like I shed befaw, I vote we go now. We have no idea how long that mishiv sh...sat there. No telling when the eight dayszh are up....” she says in her characteristic low growl.


Small LG Kobold Wizard 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3| BAB: +1, CMB: -2, CMD: 11, | Init: +3 | Perc: -1 | Speed 35ft |

Sprig picks at his reptilian teeth. He seems a little nervous. "Ah suppose if we're in a hurry Ah can push through today n' we can leave in the morrow. Ah ain't gonna jes' abandon that man... Shoot, wuz it?" The kobold turns back to Pete, as if the lizard just remembered he's there.

"Ah, but that's neither 'ere not there. Alright Pete, yew have mah word that we'll look into th' Iron Tree and hopefully put any o' yer worries t' rest. For Svedka and th' gang I believe we agreed upon 200 for th' each o' us. Though in mah case, I jes' want yew t' send a runner to the Mayor o' exchange with a letter introduce us." Payment always felt good, even if he wasn't takin' coin this time.

"Alright, let's get us some proper grub! Ah dunno about th' rest of yew, but Ah'm tired o' trail rations. Brimdall, Ah believe I promised yew some proper civilized food and I'm willin' to make good on that promise." Sprig says with a cheeky wink.

Sprig's looking to do some things in town for a few days. We can just push them into the background if you guys want t' get moving with the plot. I don't mind.

Sprig's Checklist:
1. Meet and hire on Shot/Shoot. This won't take long.
2. Take Brindle to a steakhouse or something. Show her how meat tastes best! Should be a quick role-play scene. We can just skip this or push into background if need be. Should be pretty short in terms of in-game time too.
3. Trade goods. To cut down on GM headache I can sell them for what I got them for (202GP) and magically acquire some fresh supply on my next post. Otherwise, it's a free roleplay scene for anyone interested in tagging along.
4. Make potions of healing. This is the one that takes a while and needs Saraon's help. Technically, Sprig managed to fit an Alchemist's Lab on his wagon (only 40lbs!) so we could do it on the road, but someone else has to drive the wagon (Handle Animal) since neither me or Saraon could do it.

Also, after re-reading what I've posted/written, it kinda comes across as Sprig hitting on Brindle... While that wasn't my intention, I can roll with it if Brindle wants to.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Mighty worn out from work, so I’ll post after I eat some dinner and recoup for a bit.

301 to 350 of 350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / An Old and Broken World All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.